PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock nails Egoli to the wall

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2011, 12:52 AM
LMAO

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Week-2-NFL-Truths-Peyton-Manning-injury-performance-enhancing-drugs-issue-091911

6. Apparently Lions general manager Martin Mayhew knows why I use the catchy nickname ďEgoliĒ when referring to Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli.

After curb-stomping the Chiefs 48-3, Mayhew declined to shake Egoliís hand. Egoli accused the Lions and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham of tampering in 2010. I have no clue whether the Lions tampered with Chiefs players.

I do know Egoli has the biggest ego in professional football. I do know heís rather fond of insinuating he was the key to the Patriots dynasty. I do know that I sat through a three-hour private dinner in which he wouldnít allow coach Todd Haley to speak. I do know at the same dinner with Kansas City Star reporters and yours truly he lectured, ranted and screamed about how the local media needed to get on board with his program.

I do know Iím taking delight in his two-week, 89-10 comeuppance.

Yes, Todd Haley is primarily to blame for the Chiefsí lack of preparedness. But Egoli brings out the worst in Haley, who is embarrassingly insecure about his background as a golfer. Egoli and Haley form the worst GM-coach combination in football. Haley was hired to be Egoliís puppet.

Fritz88
09-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Makes perfect sense.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
09-20-2011, 01:02 AM
And there's fat-fuck whitlock living his pipe-dream over at Yahoo...
The chiefs are shit so he can kick that dead horse.
Surprise, surprise...
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2011, 01:03 AM
People should give Whitlock credit. He called this long ago.

crazycoffey
09-20-2011, 01:04 AM
when is fatlock just going to stop being butthurt over how pioli deals with the media?

ChiefsCountry
09-20-2011, 01:06 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7923041&postcount=23

wazu
09-20-2011, 01:07 AM

You may be right.

Gonzo
09-20-2011, 01:07 AM
when is fatlock just going to stop being butthurt over how pioli deals with the media?
Never, he never will. Whatever opportunity he can take to try and prove his doucheabillity, he will take.
He craves the attention and won't stop until that last morsel of pure fried animal fat does him in.
Posted via Mobile Device

ngoc
09-20-2011, 01:09 AM
Whitlock is good peeps and nails this right on the head... Alot of folks dont like him because they think he injects race too much..

Gonzo
09-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Whitlock is good peeps and nails this right on the head... Alot of folks dont like him because they think he injects bbq sauce and mayonnaise too much..
FYP
Posted via Mobile Device

wazu
09-20-2011, 01:14 AM
Whitlock is good peeps and nails this right on the head... Alot of folks dont like him because they think he injects race too much..

Have to agree. And he doesn't play the race card very often, but his ability to blend social commentary with sports criticism is pretty much unmatched. Wish we still had him covering the Chiefs every week.

booger
09-20-2011, 01:14 AM
whitlock once broke his leg and chocolate milk poured out

Gonzo
09-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Whenever whitlock walks past a rendering plant, he gets pryoprism.
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
09-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Whenever whitlock walks past a rendering plant, he gets pryoprism.
Posted via Mobile Device

i googled that and it's gross and funny LMAO

damn sicko!

crazycoffey
09-20-2011, 01:59 AM
Never, he never will. Whatever opportunity he can take to try and prove his doucheabillity, he will take.
He craves the attention and won't stop until that last morsel of pure fried animal fat does him in.
Posted via Mobile Device

noteworthy observation about all this;

JW shows alot of ego himself, in his pusuit to make Pioli's ego a negative. Soooo, mr whitless, scott's ego is bad but yours is not?

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2011, 02:29 AM
noteworthy observation about all this;

JW shows alot of ego himself, in his pusuit to make Pioli's ego a negative. Soooo, mr whitless, scott's ego is bad but yours is not?

No, because Whitlock is writing a column, not running a sports franchise and failing horribly.

BossChief
09-20-2011, 02:30 AM
I wonder how different a tune it would be if Cassel was a good quarterback.

Its a shame that he isn't.

I think that fact is gonna cost us a quality head coach that will flourish in his next opportunity...in which I think will come quicker than some might think.

NJChiefsFan
09-20-2011, 02:37 AM
No, because Whitlock is writing a column, not running a sports franchise and failing horribly.

What does that mean? Does that mean that egos are measured by financial, job, or power status? Eg's are about what people think of themselves, therefore none of those things viewed by the outside world even matter.

Both clearly have a huge ego. Pioli, no matter how good he is/was/wasnt is always going to want to prove it wasn't just BB. Thats natural. Its also clear JW was butthurt by Pioli from the beginning. If he is right about Pioli in the end I think its more coincidence. His hate came from insult, not from seeing something everyone else didn't.

crazycoffey
09-20-2011, 02:44 AM

he's writting words, thats about it. he doesnt get a free pass, he had his chance to say what he didnt like about pioli a couple years ago. why does he keep bringing it up every chance he gets?

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2011, 02:46 AM
I'd say he had some insight into Pioli few others did.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2011, 02:47 AM
he's writting words, thats about it. he doesnt get a free pass, he had his chance to say what he didnt like about pioli a couple years ago. why does he keep bringing it up every chance he gets?

Because now he is being proven right.

crazycoffey
09-20-2011, 02:58 AM
Because now he is being proven right.

how? right that pioli has an ego? didnt he prove that the first time he reported his take on pioli's media policy?

JW "memememe - hey pioli has a ego" rinse repeat,

It's just time to move on to something new, dig around about coaching changes, insight in the injuries, explain some possible scenerios on all the cap money. you know - do some reporting (well you probably don't)

That or change his name to "Dear Flabby" and post his articles in the opinions section.

BossChief
09-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Let me tell you something that is absolutely true.

The moment "extra gravy" chose to attempt to drive a wedge between the players and coaches/front office with the whole Waters fiasco...he had sealed his own fate.

Pioli and company kept him farther away than other media members, and rightfully so.

I understand his job is to report the news and a story like that gave him a lot of press, but it also probably hurt the team and that is where the line should be drawn in stuff like that.

Waters was a bitch in calling the media to try and inflate the story and Witlock fucked himself with the team by reporting it and it probably played role in the star letting him go. When I was told he was getting fired months before it happened by a good friend (and I even started a thread about it in which I think he responded (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222479))....that instance was a big reason for it.

It turned out he was let go a couple months later.

Now, he is just trying to do the same thing and call them the worst pairing of a GM and HC in the league because he knows they fucked him back...dont forget fat man, you casted the first stone.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2011, 03:10 AM
Bullcrap, he was doing his job.

There is no reason Whitlock should have squashed that story. It was highly relevant at the time. The Star is a small time punk, and now they have 0 interesting writers.

Fritz88
09-20-2011, 03:13 AM

There is no reason Whitlock should have squashed that story. It was highly relevant at the time. The Star is a small time punk, and now they have 0 interesting writers.

Adam Teicher disagrees.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
09-20-2011, 03:19 AM

Believe it or not, doesn't matter. His actions dictated a response that was ultimately detrimental to his job and played a part into his getting fired.

Like I said, it was a part of the reasoning for his release given to me well before he actually got fired.

If the Star made a good or bad move in firing the guy is another story.

NJChiefsFan
09-20-2011, 03:28 AM
The only reason this guy is even considered worthy by a few people is because of how weak the KC market is. In a big market, where some quality media can be found(even though some crap lives there as well) JW would be even more of a joke.

He finds one agenda each year and never backs off it or talks about anything else. Sometimes he is right, sometimes he isn't. He doesn't let any kind of proof change his mind one way or the other. Thats not journalism, thats just a fool with an shortminded opinion who is allowed to publish it.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2011, 04:24 AM
This is how Egoli views himself:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eyO5f3JDCsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marcellus
09-20-2011, 05:08 AM
I am becoming soured on Pioli but I am not jumping on fatasses bandwagon.

Case in point-

"After curb-stomping the Chiefs 48-3, Mayhew declined to shake Egoli’s hand. Egoli accused the Lions and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham of tampering in 2010. I have no clue whether the Lions tampered with Chiefs players."

If the NFL punished the Lions for tampering, which Fatass should know, then obviously there was some proof.
But I guess the facts aren't relevant to the story. Like in most Fatass articles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6136544

DETROIT -- The NFL says the Detroit Lions (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions) have violated the league's policy against tampering and ruled they must forfeit their upcoming seventh-round draft pick and exchange fifth-round picks with the Kansas City Chiefs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/kc/kansas-city-chiefs).
NFC North blog

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/seifert_kevin_m.jpg ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth).
• NFL Nation blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation)
• ESPNChicago Bears blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears)

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell issued the ruling Friday for violations last year involving players under contract with the Chiefs. The fifth-round switch leaves the Lions with the 23rd pick in the round instead of the ninth.
The league says the Lions commented publicly to the media about their desire to acquire Chiefs players under contract, and that they had impermissible contact with a player -- or his agent -- under contract with Kansas City.

crazycoffey
09-20-2011, 05:44 AM
I am becoming soured on Pioli but I am not jumping on fatasses bandwagon.

Case in point-

whitless cant be bothered by little things like the truth, he's become an opinion writer, not a reporter.

Pushead2
09-20-2011, 06:26 AM
who gives a fuck

Tuckdaddy
09-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Wouldn't let Haley speak? That one bullsjit line makes all of this stupid as all hell.

A GM must be able to talk to and respect his coach. Fatlock has zero proof to back any of the shit he just he wrote.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2011, 07:15 AM
heh, Whitlock is about on par with the typical Chiefsplanet poster "Ha, I called it months ago!"

Of course, theres never any mention of the hundreds of times they called something wrong.

chris
09-20-2011, 08:08 AM
heh, Whitlock is about on par with the typical Chiefsplanet poster "Ha, I called it months ago!"

Of course, theres never any mention of the hundreds of times they called something wrong.

What?? You're bringing facts into GH's fantasy?

GH and JW are both attention seekers. Throw enough mud on the wall and something will eventually stick.

Move Along, this is not the interesting thread you is looking for.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Wouldn't let Haley speak? That one bullsjit line makes all of this stupid as all hell.

A GM must be able to talk to and respect his coach. Fatlock has zero proof to back any of the shit he just he wrote.

Whitlock has been writing about that for years. It's not new.

TRR
09-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Funny how two games can change a lot of peoples opinions of both Haley and Pioli. Last season those two were going to rebuild the Chiefs to SB contenders. Now they are bums...

Whitlock has no more insight on the situation than the next guy. He is and always will hold a grudge for being banished by Pioli and Haley, and when he couldn't get a story, he started throwing things at the wall. Take everything he writes with the most minuscule grain of salt. He wouldn't write it unless it benefits him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jaric
09-20-2011, 08:31 AM

He's still butthurt about how Jeff George turned out in Indy and that was damn near 20 years ago.

So in other words, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Funny how two games can change a lot of peoples opinions of both Haley and Pioli. Last season those two were going to rebuild the Chiefs to SB contenders. Now they are bums...

Posted via Mobile Device

It's a little more than 2 games. People began questioning Haley with his "take it slow offseason approach". People were questioning Pioli when they learned KC was 30 mil under the cap. You look at the final depth chart, and there isn't any depth whatsoever. Haley's handling of preseason where Stanzi wasn't given the ball in the final game.

Plus, it's not like KC gave a good effort and lost two games by a TD or less. Being completely unprepared, outcoached, outplayed and demonstrating no heart is going to bring any coach under fire. If Pitt came out uninspired and lost to the Seahawks this past weekend, people would be calling for Tomlin's head.

HemiEd
09-20-2011, 08:37 AM
He called what? He called that he was butthurt over the way he was treated? He was disconnected from his inside information?

Any swinging dick can do what he does, relish in the failure and disappear at the successes.

Whitlock treats all of them the same, that is what he does. His negative approach is getting tired.

He even admits that he is enjoying this. Anyone that enjoys this shit doesn't deserve the courtesy of being read.

The good news, he is about to run out of employers.

Ace Gunner
09-20-2011, 08:41 AM

where did JW say the Chiefs would regain the AFCW title during their second year under Pioli and then forget how to scrap the following season?

Really Wendler, the team was garbage, he called them garbage and now you call him genius? :)

Reerun_KC
09-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Let me tell you something that is absolutely true.

The moment "extra gravy" chose to attempt to drive a wedge between the players and coaches/front office with the whole Waters fiasco...he had sealed his own fate.

Pioli and company kept him farther away than other media members, and rightfully so.

I understand his job is to report the news and a story like that gave him a lot of press, but it also probably hurt the team and that is where the line should be drawn in stuff like that.

Waters was a bitch in calling the media to try and inflate the story and Witlock ****ed himself with the team by reporting it and it probably played role in the star letting him go. When I was told he was getting fired months before it happened by a good friend (and I even started a thread about it in which I think he responded (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222479))....that instance was a big reason for it.

It turned out he was let go a couple months later.

Now, he is just trying to do the same thing and call them the worst pairing of a GM and HC in the league because he knows they ****ed him back...dont forget fat man, you casted the first stone.

This..

And the fact that GoPlagerism hang on his ballsack is more proof that Whitlock is a piece of ill relevant trash....

KCChiefsFan88
09-20-2011, 09:11 AM

Whitlock's presence is missed when you listen to these comatose press conferences with Haley.

The first question yesterday at Haley's press conference was Karen Kornacki asking what defines a turnover... real hard hitting stuff.

TEX
09-20-2011, 09:16 AM
The only reason this guy is even considered worthy by a few people is because of how weak the KC market is. In a big market, where some quality media can be found(even though some crap lives there as well) JW would be even more of a joke.

He finds one agenda each year and never backs off it or talks about anything else. Sometimes he is right, sometimes he isn't. He doesn't let any kind of proof change his mind one way or the other. Thats not journalism, thats just a fool with an shortminded opinion who is allowed to publish it.

:clap: This.

dallaschiefsfan
09-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Whitlock could be right about everything he writes and it doesn't change the fact that he's simply the sports columnist-version of his preferred caracature of Pioli. I have little use for him...

This whole crap about the Lions GM snubbing Pioli is dumb. The Lions were found guilty. Too bad. That means they're guilty. Someone called them on it. So it's another franchise's fault that they found you breaking the league rules? Who cares if others ignore the rules as well? You got caught. That means you're more dumb than those that don't get caught tampering.

hometeam
09-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Since when has fatlock given us something good? Never, he just clings to whatever negative story of the moment going OMG I TOLD YOU SO, even when really, he didnt.

King_Chief_Fan
09-20-2011, 09:25 AM
It's a little more than 2 games. People began questioning Haley with his "take it slow offseason approach". People were questioning Pioli when they learned KC was 30 mil under the cap. You look at the final depth chart, and there isn't any depth whatsoever. Haley's handling of preseason where Stanzi wasn't given the ball in the final game.

Plus, it's not like KC gave a good effort and lost two games by a TD or less. Being completely unprepared, outcoached, outplayed and demonstrating no heart is going to bring any coach under fire. If Pitt came out uninspired and lost to the Seahawks this past weekend, people would be calling for Tomlin's head.

easy to see where you are most of the time in all these rantings.

Stanzi this that and the other.....these rants are getting old too.

WV
09-20-2011, 09:32 AM
What?? You're bringing facts into GH's fantasy?

GH and JW are both attention seekers. Throw enough mud on the wall and something will eventually stick.

Move Along, this is not the interesting thread you is looking for.

This....I find it comical that Whitlock has slung shit at everything at one time or another and when he finally gets something to somewhat stick he shouts from the highest roof tops about how he was right. Nick Athan must be his protege.

Count Alex's Losses
09-20-2011, 09:42 AM
whitless cant be bothered by little things like the truth, he's become an opinion writer, not a reporter.

That's all he's ever been.

chris
09-20-2011, 09:47 AM

Pardon me, but you should seek a better role model.

TEX
09-20-2011, 09:51 AM
easy to see where you are most of the time in all these rantings.

Stanzi this that and the other.....these rants are getting old too.

True to a point, but he's spot on if ya leave out the Stanzi part...

FringeNC
09-20-2011, 10:03 AM
When Pioli traded for Cassel, I said he bet his job on it. Right now, it looks like a bad bet, and looks like he actually bet Haley's job on it, not his. But all this Egoli stuff is irrelevant. The underlying issue is that you can't win consistently without a top-notch QB, and it certainly appears Cassel is not that guy.

PunkinDrublic
09-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Whitlock was the only writer last year calling Eric Berry a bust last year when he was clearly playing like a top 5 safety by the end of the season. That alone tells you how desprate Whitlock was to slander the team when things were going well. He did in fact try to cause dissention in the locker room against Haley after the overblown Brian Waters incident. Name me one NFL GM that doesn't have an ego. Yeah this organization has some serious issues to deal with but Whitlock has had a slanted agenda with the GM from day one and has no credibility.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Guys, it isn't hard to understand. Pioli and Haley came out guns blazing telling the media "this is how it's going to be done, if you don't like it tough luck, etc." That's fine. It's Pioli's team, he can do what he wants. Fans shouldn't be upset when Pioli falters and the media hits back at him.

For a team that hasn't won a playoff game in nearly 20 years, you'd think management would be a little grateful that the media and fans are still interested in the team.

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Guys, it isn't hard to understand. Pioli and Haley came out guns blazing telling the media "this is how it's going to be done, if you don't like it tough luck, etc." That's fine. It's Pioli's team, he can do what he wants. Fans shouldn't be upset when Pioli falters and the media hits back at him.

For a team that hasn't won a playoff game in nearly 20 years, you'd think management would be a little grateful that the media and fans are still interested in the team.

Bingo.

PunkinDrublic
09-20-2011, 10:52 AM

That's fine but don't pretend Whitlock hasn't had an agenda from day 1.

PunkinDrublic
09-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Clayton can identify with a fat guy that has insecurity issues? Color me shocked.

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2011, 10:58 AM
That's fine but don't pretend Whitlock hasn't had an agenda from day 1.

I would imagine this had something to do with said agenda:

I do know that I sat through a three-hour private dinner in which he wouldnít allow coach Todd Haley to speak. I do know at the same dinner with Kansas City Star reporters and yours truly he lectured, ranted and screamed about how the local media needed to get on board with his program.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Bingo.

What did we win?

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2011, 11:00 AM
What did we win?

Hopefully Andrew Luck.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Hopefully Andrew Luck.

Nothing would be better than winning Luck and having Whitlock eat himself to death...

PunkinDrublic
09-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Again consider the source.

BigChiefFan
09-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Shit-stirrer deluxe. Egoli? Sounds more like a personal vendetta, than an informed opinion.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I would venture a guess that Pioli and Whitlock are both ego cases, Pioli just has the better job.

lcarus
09-20-2011, 11:06 AM
I would venture a guess that Pioli and Whitlock are both ego cases, Pioli just has the better job.

That's what I was thinking too. As much as Whitlock calls out Pioli and Haley for being egotistical, he is an egomaniac himself.

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Again consider the source.

What's not believable about that?

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2011, 11:13 AM

That's what I was thinking too. As much as Whitlock calls out Pioli and Haley for being egotistical, he is an egomaniac himself.

These.

But I personally could care less if Whitlock is an egomaniac, he's not running this franchise.

lcarus
09-20-2011, 11:15 AM
These.

But I personally could care less if Whitlock is an egomaniac, he's not running this franchise.

Yeah there might be a lot of truth to what Whitlock is saying. He obviously has had it out for Pioli since he came here. At first I thought he was just trying to stir the pot since when Carl left, his whole "schtick" about hating the GM was gone. But now I'm thinking maybe Pioli and Haley are douchebags.

gblowfish
09-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Jason who?

HemiEd
09-20-2011, 11:30 AM

Whitlock had that agenda long before Pioli and Haley came to town. The negative agenda is who he is.

Pawnmower
09-20-2011, 11:31 AM
I do know Iím taking delight in his two-week, 89-10 comeuppance.

Really, that says everything you need to know about shitlock.

keg in kc
09-20-2011, 11:33 AM
when is fatlock just going to stop being butthurt over how pioli deals with the media?Never.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Whitlock had that agenda long before Pioli and Haley came to town. The negative agenda is who he is.

How much of a window existed to be positive about the last 20 years? Last Marty years, Gunther years, Herm-era?

ChiefsCountry
09-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah there might be a lot of truth to what Whitlock is saying. He obviously has had it out for Pioli since he came here. At first I thought he was just trying to stir the pot since when Carl left, his whole "schtick" about hating the GM was gone. But now I'm thinking maybe Pioli and Haley are douchebags.

To be fair Whitlock was pimping Pioli for the job before he got it, then after the dinner with the KC Star folks is when it all went south.

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2011, 11:35 AM
To be fair Whitlock was pimping Pioli for the job before he got it, then after the dinner with the KC Star folks is when it all went south.

This.

FringeNC
09-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Whitlock started the Egoli thing because he really had no ammunition to go after Pioli. There was a personal vendetta there. Now he is plenty to go after Pioli, namely Matt Cassel's inability to complete passes downfield anytime the defense thinks a pass may be coming. If we are going to bash Pioli, let's do so because he gambled and lost on Cassel, not because he may be an arrogant prick.

lcarus
09-20-2011, 11:38 AM

I wish there was video of that dinner. Supposedly Pioli was a giant assclown

Rooster
09-20-2011, 11:41 AM

Pioli probably made everyone pay for their own meals but didn't mentioned it until after dinner. That's enough to piss off a big boy like Whitlock after he destroyed $300 worth of grub.

PunkinDrublic
09-20-2011, 11:47 AM

I don't buy that that's exactly what happened. I think Pioli did something that rubbed Whitlock the wrong way and hurt Jasons ego. I don't mean to come off like such a Pioli defender but Whitlock is the one with the trail of burned bridges.

Valiant
09-20-2011, 11:54 AM

It has been said probably. But a lot of people started questioning haley last year and the chiefs. Pioli also, for signing cassel to that horrible deal before proven here plus not spending the money, which I am fine with if we resign our talent with it.

Last year a lot of people were called out for saying the chiefs were not as good as their record. They can only play the teams sceduled. Cassel had quite a few mistakes, but bowe and others bailed him out as did the shit teams we played.

Basically, everything realist fans predicted of the team is happening. Now teams know what to do and our inept qb and coaches cannot or willnot adjust.

Against two of our winnable we lost 89-10. That is lack of heart in the team and of the coaches. The playcalling has been garbage. Even if a good play is called, cassel goes short, his long passes are terrible.

The problem won't be solved until we get a oc with some insight and a get cassel gone. And crennel is just as bad. Granted the d starts on its heels, but so far they have not adjusted.

Seriously. Suck for luck. Hopefully he becomes franchise and we get a competent coaching staff to let him excel.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Why do people care if Whitlock does, or doesn't, have an agenda? He has no relationship or bearing on the Chiefs. What he thinks doesn't change anything at 1 Arrowhead Drive. At most he writes a paragraph about KC every other week in his 10 Truths.

T-post Tom
09-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Same tripe, different decade. No hammer, no nails, no wall.

Detoxing
09-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Whitlock was the only writer last year calling Eric Berry a bust last year when he was clearly playing like a top 5 safety by the end of the season. That alone tells you how desprate Whitlock was to slander the team when things were going well. He did in fact try to cause dissention in the locker room against Haley after the overblown Brian Waters incident. Name me one NFL GM that doesn't have an ego. Yeah this organization has some serious issues to deal with but Whitlock has had a slanted agenda with the GM from day one and has no credibility.

Best post in this thread.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 12:51 PM

we have gone over all of these before BUT...
no. 1 if multiple media members were there why hasnt ONE other person stated these issues? by now, especially now, i would think someone else would corroborate the claims.

no.2 in a restaurant i would think in this day and age some EMPLOYEE would say that he was screaming.

no.3 why not another customer? hell some random person told phil that haley stuck his hand up a woman's skirt. why hasnt ANYONE other than whitlock said something?

i mean the chiefs new GM in a restaurant screaming, yelling, and berating people would be news right? especially if they were media members he was talking to.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2011, 12:55 PM
we have gone over all of these before BUT...
no. 1 if multiple media members were there why hasnt ONE other person stated these issues? by now, especially now, i would think someone else would corroborate the claims.

no.2 in a restaurant i would think in this day and age some EMPLOYEE would say that he was screaming.

no.3 why not another customer? hell some random person told phil that haley stuck his hand up a woman's skirt. why hasnt ANYONE other than whitlock said something?

i mean the chiefs new GM in a restaurant screaming, yelling, and berating people would be news right? especially if they were media members he was talking to.

Because the other media wanted to keep whatever bridges they had with the organization and didn't want to be completely frozen out?

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Because the other media wanted to keep whatever bridges they had with the organization and didn't want to be completely frozen out?

LMAO why not now then?

OnTheWarpath58
09-20-2011, 12:58 PM

Fuck. Beat me to it.

After seeing what happened to Whitlock when he told this story, do you think Babb, Teicher or Mellinger is going to run with it?

Hell, IMO, the fact it hasn't come up verifies what Whitlock said. If it never happened, you would think one of the beat writers that was there would refute Whitlock's story.

HemiEd
09-20-2011, 01:01 PM
How much of a window existed to be positive about the last 20 years? Last Marty years, Gunther years, Herm-era?

Come on, seriously? He is not just negative, he tries to invent stuff. There was a lot to be positive about, up until 13 years ago. Then for a couple years of the DV era there was as well.

It is he who he is, it is his schitk or whatever that word is.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2011, 01:02 PM
****. Beat me to it.

After seeing what happened to Whitlock when he told this story, do you think Babb, Teicher or Mellinger is going to run with it?

Hell, IMO, the fact it hasn't come up verifies what Whitlock said. If it never happened, you would think one of the beat writers that was there would refute Whitlock's story.

Those three geniouses? LMAO Stuff like this is awesome...

Reminds me of Jr High... Well he said, but she said and he didnt say all because some said something...

Thankfully we dont have to pay for this kind of entertainment... Nothing better than a little he said she said fight...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Those three geniouses? LMAO Stuff like this is awesome...

Reminds me of Jr High... Well he said, but she said and he didnt say all because some said something...

Thankfully we dont have to pay for this kind of entertainment... Nothing better than a little he said she said fight...

This isn't he said/she said, it's "He said and no one refuted a single word of what he said."

Reerun_KC
09-20-2011, 01:09 PM
This isn't he said/she said, it's "He said and no one refuted a single word of what he said."

Probably because like 99% of everyone else, no one cares what Whitlock says?

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 01:12 PM

LMAO this

why hasnt anyone from the restaurant said anything, surely employees have changed jobs, in on that before someone says "well the restaurant wants them to come back" LOL

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2011, 01:12 PM

And yet where are you right now?

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Fuck. Beat me to it.

and what actually happened to whitlock?

Chiefnj2
09-20-2011, 01:14 PM
For those who think Whit always had an agenda against Pioli:

Hiring of Pioli puts the Chiefs in the Hunt again
Jason Whitlock

We have no more questions about Clark Huntís commitment to winning the Super Bowl.

By landing the biggest fish in the NFLís off-season ocean ó Patriots front-office guru Scott Pioli ó Hunt told us everything we need to know about his desire to win at the highest level.

Clark Hunt is as passionate and committed as the most fanatic Chiefs fan.

You pierce your costume with arrows on game day, wear red on Fridays, decorate your basement with Chiefs apparel, rock Priest Holmes jerseys throughout the week, tolerate taxes to renovate Arrowhead Stadium and pay $22 to tailgate before exhibition games.

Clark Hunt appreciates all that. But he wants you to recognize he just spent a fortune to eliminate the stench of Carl Peterson and make the Chiefs Super Bowl contenders again.

We thought dethroning King Carl was a big deal. Luring Pioli to replace Peterson is much, much bigger.

There is no way to guarantee Pioli will be a success. The longtime Bill Belichick right-hand man might be as fraudulent as Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Eric Mangini and the other Belichick clones who failed once they left the Patriots coachís shadow and cashed in.

I like Pioli ó a lot. Heís young, confident, disciplined, smart and heís certainly been in the right organization.

But when it comes to the Patriots and success, we just donít know where Belichick ends and everybody else begins. The Patriots are like the Jackson 5, and Belichick is Michael Jackson. Crennel and Weis proved to be Tito and Jackie.

Is Pioli the next Jermaine Jackson, who had a solid solo career? Or, better yet, is Pioli the next Janet Jackson, a megastar just waiting for the opportunity to shine?

We donít know. And we wonít know for a couple of years. Weíll need to see how he drafts, whether he can find a legitimate quarterback of the future for the Chiefs, whether he can hire his own version of Belichick.

(Oops, Iím assuming that Herm Edwards will be relieved of his duties.)

What we know for sure is that ownership is going to provide Pioli with everything he needs to be successful.

Thereís no way Pioli takes the job without those assurances. He had a great deal of leverage entering this off-season. The Cleveland Browns wanted to make him their general manager. The Lions were initially interested. Pioli couldíve stayed with the Patriots and waited for the perfect situation.

He got it here. He took this job because he found an owner ready to do things the Patriots way. He found an owner ready to match his level of commitment.

You donít leave Belichick and all those Super Bowl rings unless you believe youíve discovered a place where you believe you can do the same thing. Oh, Iím sure the money is awesome. Iím sure the Pioli family is set.

But Pioli has no interest in being Weis or Crennel. Theyíre laughingstocks. Theyíre known as football men who were great Belichick puppets and nothing else. One of lifeís toughest tasks is recovering a lost reputation.

Pioli has a great rep. Heís risking a lot leaving the Belichick nest. He didnít do it blindly or with dollar signs dancing in his head.

He did it thinking about creating his own legacy and with playoff victories dancing in his head.

Pioli and Hunt recruited each other. Pioli had to convince Hunt that he had a plan to fix the Chiefs. And Hunt had to convince Pioli that he was willing to support that plan.

For two decades under Petersonís rule and Lamar Huntís budget, the Chiefs shopped for bargains in their pursuit of a championship. Peterson grabbed Marcus Allen and Joe Montana at the end of their careers. Peterson snagged underappreciated veterans such as Dan Saleaumua and James Hasty.

Only once can I remember Peterson stepping out and paying top dollar for a big-time free agent. He gave his football godfather Dick Vermeil a golden parachute. Peterson spent lavishly on assistants and Vermeilís dream of building an offense superior to Mike Martzís.

It worked.

Well, now Clark Hunt has stepped out and grabbed the most elite name in front-office magic.

And with this move, Hunt has boldly stated only the best and brightest are good enough for the Chiefs.

Thatís just what we needed to hear.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2011, 01:16 PM
And yet where are you right now?

http://content.screencast.com/users/AllshoreBryan/folders/Jing/media/9b7f4350-0f71-4546-8c34-ac805f53c0d6/2011-09-20_1311.png (http://content.screencast.com/users/AllshoreBryan/folders/Jing/media/9b7f4350-0f71-4546-8c34-ac805f53c0d6/2011-09-20_1311.png)

I am right here....

PunkinDrublic
09-20-2011, 01:25 PM

Hiring of Pioli puts the Chiefs in the Hunt again
Jason Whitlock

We have no more questions about Clark Hunt’s commitment to winning the Super Bowl.

By landing the biggest fish in the NFL’s off-season ocean — Patriots front-office guru Scott Pioli — Hunt told us everything we need to know about his desire to win at the highest level.

Clark Hunt is as passionate and committed as the most fanatic Chiefs fan.

You pierce your costume with arrows on game day, wear red on Fridays, decorate your basement with Chiefs apparel, rock Priest Holmes jerseys throughout the week, tolerate taxes to renovate Arrowhead Stadium and pay $22 to tailgate before exhibition games.

Clark Hunt appreciates all that. But he wants you to recognize he just spent a fortune to eliminate the stench of Carl Peterson and make the Chiefs Super Bowl contenders again.

We thought dethroning King Carl was a big deal. Luring Pioli to replace Peterson is much, much bigger.

There is no way to guarantee Pioli will be a success. The longtime Bill Belichick right-hand man might be as fraudulent as Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Eric Mangini and the other Belichick clones who failed once they left the Patriots coach’s shadow and cashed in.

I like Pioli — a lot. He’s young, confident, disciplined, smart and he’s certainly been in the right organization.

But when it comes to the Patriots and success, we just don’t know where Belichick ends and everybody else begins. The Patriots are like the Jackson 5, and Belichick is Michael Jackson. Crennel and Weis proved to be Tito and Jackie.

Is Pioli the next Jermaine Jackson, who had a solid solo career? Or, better yet, is Pioli the next Janet Jackson, a megastar just waiting for the opportunity to shine?

We don’t know. And we won’t know for a couple of years. We’ll need to see how he drafts, whether he can find a legitimate quarterback of the future for the Chiefs, whether he can hire his own version of Belichick.

(Oops, I’m assuming that Herm Edwards will be relieved of his duties.)

What we know for sure is that ownership is going to provide Pioli with everything he needs to be successful.

There’s no way Pioli takes the job without those assurances. He had a great deal of leverage entering this off-season. The Cleveland Browns wanted to make him their general manager. The Lions were initially interested. Pioli could’ve stayed with the Patriots and waited for the perfect situation.

He got it here. He took this job because he found an owner ready to do things the Patriots way. He found an owner ready to match his level of commitment.

You don’t leave Belichick and all those Super Bowl rings unless you believe you’ve discovered a place where you believe you can do the same thing. Oh, I’m sure the money is awesome. I’m sure the Pioli family is set.

But Pioli has no interest in being Weis or Crennel. They’re laughingstocks. They’re known as football men who were great Belichick puppets and nothing else. One of life’s toughest tasks is recovering a lost reputation.

Pioli has a great rep. He’s risking a lot leaving the Belichick nest. He didn’t do it blindly or with dollar signs dancing in his head.

He did it thinking about creating his own legacy and with playoff victories dancing in his head.

Pioli and Hunt recruited each other. Pioli had to convince Hunt that he had a plan to fix the Chiefs. And Hunt had to convince Pioli that he was willing to support that plan.

For two decades under Peterson’s rule and Lamar Hunt’s budget, the Chiefs shopped for bargains in their pursuit of a championship. Peterson grabbed Marcus Allen and Joe Montana at the end of their careers. Peterson snagged underappreciated veterans such as Dan Saleaumua and James Hasty.

Only once can I remember Peterson stepping out and paying top dollar for a big-time free agent. He gave his football godfather Dick Vermeil a golden parachute. Peterson spent lavishly on assistants and Vermeil’s dream of building an offense superior to Mike Martz’s.

It worked.

Well, now Clark Hunt has stepped out and grabbed the most elite name in front-office magic.

And with this move, Hunt has boldly stated only the best and brightest are good enough for the Chiefs.

That’s just what we needed to hear.

Yeah and it's very likely Piolis ego clashed with Whitlocks. Jason's ego with the star was getting out of control. It was at the point where he honestly believed he was the king of KC sports media. He's the one that's made the statement "I run these corners" in regards to his place in the KC media a couple of years age. Pioli didn't cater to his gigantic ego and he's had an agenda ever since. I actually enjoy Whitlocks writing outside of his slanted Chiefs takes. You're a fool if you think he doesn't have an agenda with what he reports on the Chiefs.

DeezNutz
09-20-2011, 01:28 PM

Uh, oh. This doesn't jibe with the popular CP narrative.

ChiefsCountry
09-20-2011, 01:35 PM

No its just easier to blame Whitlock than Pioli.

ChiefsCountry
09-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Yeah and it's very likely Piolis ego clashed with Whitlocks. Jason's ego with the star was getting out of control. It was at the point where he honestly believed he was the king of KC sports media. He's the one that's made the statement "I run these corners" in regards to his place in the KC media a couple of years age. Pioli didn't cater to his gigantic ego and he's had an agenda ever since. I actually enjoy Whitlocks writing outside of his slanted Chiefs takes. You're a fool if you think he doesn't have an agenda with what he reports on the Chiefs.

LMAO Whitlock was the king of the Kansas City sports media. The rest of the clowns couldn't hold Whitlock's jock.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 01:38 PM
LMAO Whitlock was the king of the Kansas City sports media. The rest of the clowns couldn't hold Whitlock's jock.

jopo clowned whit in his sleep, sorry

Chiefnj2
09-20-2011, 01:38 PM
It's no different anywhere else. If Rex and the Jets were losing he'd be crucified for all his tough talk. Here, Pioli came down hard on the media. The only guy afraid not to take shots back is Whitlock since he doesn't rely on the Chiefs anymore. Hell, even Gretz takes shots at the Chiefs, and we all know he could be one of the most loyal dogs on the planet if you throw him a bone or two.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 01:39 PM

maybe he felt that way right up until pioli didnt lick his ass.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 01:39 PM
It's no different anywhere else. If Rex and the Jets were losing he'd be crucified for all his tough talk. Here, Pioli came down hard on the media. The only guy afraid not to take shots back is Whitlock since he doesn't rely on the Chiefs anymore. Hell, even Gretz takes shots at the Chiefs, and we all know he could be one of the most loyal dogs on the planet if you throw him a bone or two.

but wasnt he still a member of the KC media at that point?

ChiefsCountry
09-20-2011, 01:42 PM
jopo clowned whit in his sleep, sorry

jopo wasn't working in Kansas City at that time.

DeezNutz
09-20-2011, 01:43 PM
maybe he felt that way right up until pioli didnt lick his ass.

Nope. Don't agree with this.

Pioli and Haley came in with a lot of bravado, saying and worrying about some stupid shit, and part of this includes their treatment of the media. You do this stuff and win? Fine. Show your ass and lose? You've earned the criticism.

I could find 22 guys off the street to score more than 10 points in two games.

Chocolate Hog
09-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Fire Pioli.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Nope. Don't agree with this.

Pioli and Haley came in with a lot of bravado, saying and worrying about some stupid shit, and part of this includes their treatment of the media. You do this stuff and win? Fine. Show your ass and lose? You've earned the criticism.

I could find 22 guys off the street to score more than 10 points in two games.

you dont have to agree with me, just coming from someone who has met and talked with the guy on multiple occasions.

i cant see how he could talk about ANYONE"S ego

PunkinDrublic
09-20-2011, 01:55 PM

Bullshit. By any objective standard Eric Berry was having a standout rookie season last year yet Whitlock time and time again insisted on calling him a bust and he was the only person in the media doing so at the time. Why? because he was actively rooting for Pioli to fail. Whitlock went on KC radio a number of times last year to try and spread any false rumors he could about the team and downplay any success. Again I'm not defending Piolis moves, but I also am aware of Whitlocks long trail of burned bridges and history of unprofessionalism.

WhiteWhale
09-20-2011, 01:57 PM

Honestly they were basically copy/paste work from his Carl bashing. New nicknames and new faces for the supporting cast, but basically the exact same narrative.

It's just boring at this point.

If I predict it's going to rain every day and then 5 days later it rains, I can point out how right I am and just kinda pretend the previous 4 predictions didn't happen. I knew it was 'on the way' so to speak.

Still, Whitlock was the best writer the Star had.

DeezNutz
you dont have to agree with me, just coming from someone who has met and talked with the guy on multiple occasions.

i cant see how he could talk about ANYONE"S ego

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Whitlock doesn't think pretty damn highly of himself, too.

I just think that a lot of energies are misdirected at 1 Arrowhead. Example: the other day on 810, it was mentioned that media members literally have to knock on a door to go to the bathroom. Then they will be let out of the room and allowed to go down the hall to the can.

Maybe if this attention to detail was directed at the field, we would have more points than penalties thus far this season.

BossChief
2 things:

1) it's funny how quickly some here change their tone. Not long ago Pioli was a "balla ass gm" that had 2 great drafts in a row, filling remaining holes with quality free agents and had this team on it's way to being a superbowl contender.

2) after a couple losses, it's nice to see the drafturbators back in full force. You guys got ahold of Mecca yet?

Chocolate Hog
09-20-2011, 01:59 PM
2 things:

1) it's funny how quickly some here change their tone. Not long ago Pioli was a "balla ass gm" that had 2 great drafts in a row, filling remaining holes with quality free agents and had this team on it's way to being a superbowl contender.

2) after a couple losses, it's nice to see the drafturbators back in full force. You guys got ahold of Mecca yet?

It's funny because thats how the business works i'm surprised you don't understand this. You were wrong about everything this off season though instead of admitting it you now are deflecting. You said the Lions game would be like the Niners game last year FFS.

BossChief
09-20-2011, 02:00 PM
If Cassel had worked out, none of this is even talked about.

Pure and simple.

BossChief
09-20-2011, 02:02 PM
It's funny because thats how the business works i'm surprised you don't understand this. You were wrong about everything this off season though instead of admitting it you now are deflecting. You said the Lions game would be like the Niners game last year FFS.

I don't look at life as hopelessly as you do, sorry.

I never thought Cassel would be good, but I never thought he would come out this bad, either.

jAZ
09-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Whitlock reposted his old crap on a national website and got paid for it. Nicely done.

DeezNutz
09-20-2011, 02:03 PM
2 things:

Need to stop this "two great drafts in a row" stuff. The second round in '10 is a damn waste and shame.

Chocolate Hog
09-20-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't look at life as hopelessly as you do, sorry.

I never thought Cassel would be good, but I never thought he would come out this bad, either.

How is this looking at life hopelessly? I'm realistic you aren't.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Whitlock doesn't think pretty damn highly of himself, too.

I just think that a lot of energies are misdirected at 1 Arrowhead. Example: the other day on 810, it was mentioned that media members literally have to knock on a door to go to the bathroom. Then they will be let out of the room and allowed to go down the hall to the can.

Maybe if this attention to detail was directed at the field, we would have more points than penalties thus far this season.

i can see this point... but what does that have to do with whether whitlock is telling the truth about "THE DINNER"?

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 02:08 PM
jopo wasn't working in Kansas City at that time.

wrong, jopo was a full time staffer at the star until august of 2009, pioli was hired jan. 2009

DeezNutz
09-20-2011, 02:09 PM
i can see this point... but what does that have to do with whether whitlock is telling the truth about "THE DINNER"?

I think he's been alluding to the dinner as a sort of microcosm for Pioli's attitude and treatment of others, for right or wrong.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 02:11 PM
I think he's been alluding to the dinner as a sort of microcosm for Pioli's attitude and treatment of others, for right or wrong.

maybe, maybe he is also holding a grudge because of the secrecy of the regime and them cutting him out.

BossChief
09-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Need to stop this "two great drafts in a row" stuff. The second round in '10 is a damn waste and shame.

I forgot.

In drafturbator terms, you must draft perfectly (even in hindsight) with every pick.

Every pick from 2010 is either on ir in a year that will easily break the record for injuries, or is a big contributor.

Also, this year will gauge that second round a lot more than last.

McCluster has a sick per carry average so far and will be a major contributor this year. For a player that was drafted for versatility, he could end up being a very good pick. It's extremely silly to see it any other way, really.

For a late second rounder, Arenas has graded out as one of the better cover corners in the league since his first game and the fact we never talk about him getting burned says it all.

We wouldn't be better with the picks some of us wanted to make:

Jimmy Clausen
Taylor Mays

Also, go back and look at that second round for all the great players that were taken after Arenas...hint, there isn't much there but Cody...who was who I was very vocal about prior and during that draft.

lcarus
09-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Whitlock nails Pioli to the wall? More truth to that than we know...

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i466/Soda_Popinski/whitlock.jpg

BossChief
09-20-2011, 02:23 PM
maybe, maybe he is also holding a grudge because of the secrecy of the regime and them cutting him out.

Ding ding ding

Looks as if his ego got crushed and his comments are like a jilted lovers because he really did like Pioli and company prior to him being locked out by trying to drive a wedge between the players and front office.

BossChief
09-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Great, now people put gay porn on here.

lcarus
09-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Great, now people put gay porn on here.

I'm trying to spice up your life.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Well so much for the NSFW tag on the thread...

And I have said a bajillion times.. Whitlock is the ultimate jilted lover...

lcarus
09-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Well so much for the NSFW tag on the thread...

And I have said a bajillion times.. Whitlock is the ultimate jilted lover...

It's safe for work. Unless you work at a catholic convent or something. See? I put Chiefs pasties! They match his cufflinks.

DeezNutz
09-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Also, go back and look at that second round for all the great players that were taken after Arenas...hint, there isn't much there but Cody...who was who I was very vocal about prior and during that draft.

How many on this forum would not have selected Cody in the second round?

TEX
09-20-2011, 02:52 PM

Not many and it was, and still very much is, a position of dire need. That fact should have taken priority over anything else. I mean it's not like Pioli would be draafting the 3rd player in the entire draft out of need...:hmmm:

It really bothers me when these very smart people get simple shit backwards.

TEX
09-20-2011, 02:55 PM
If Cassel had worked out, none of this is even talked about.

Pure and simple.

But he didn't, and he isn't. You don't break the bank and tie yourself to someone as unproven as Cassel.

Pure and simple.

LOCOChief
09-20-2011, 02:56 PM

Whitlock is full of shit.

Give him credit? What fucking joke.

You and others around here were slobbering all over Haley and Piolis cock a couple weeks ago, now look at ya.

lcarus
09-20-2011, 03:03 PM
were slobbering all over Haley and Piolis cock

Don't tempt me to post more pics.

crazycoffey
09-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Whitlock is full of shit.

Give him credit? What fucking joke.

You and others around here were slobbering all over Haley and Piolis cock a couple weeks ago, now look at ya.

The 180 here in two weeks time is mind numbing.

I know we have said or heard the excuse "injuries" before in several situations for several teams through out the years, but I'm having a hard time recalling the last time three key starters went down for the year this early and quick and the team was still able to compete.

BossChief
09-20-2011, 03:07 PM

Almost everyone would have taken him at 2B, myself included. 2A would have been the fastest pick in franchise history with Clausen on the board.

All I remember about him predraft is people saying he is a 2 down player that could eat himself out of the league before his rookie deal is over. We surely weren't the only team that thought that because the kid was a first round talent.

BUT, we also aren't privy to 75% of the information on him, either. I was a big fan of Cody and wanted us to pick him...but there had to be some serious red flags for him to fall that far...it wasnt just us.

BossChief
09-20-2011, 03:14 PM
But he didn't, and he isn't. You don't break the bank and tie yourself to someone as unproven as Cassel.

Pure and simple.

I totally agree. Trading for Cassel had fail written all over it even before it happened.

I'm just saying that he made a gamble and went all in on a losing hand.

Let's hope he doesn't make the same mistake twice and if we are in position to draft a franchise quarterback, we do.

I can say this, if we trade for our next starter (Brian hoyer) I may have to stop watching football for awhile.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2011, 03:21 PM

Pure and simple.

Well we could and we did, so get over it...

:D

And we didnt even touch the Hunts piggy bank...

LOCOChief
09-20-2011, 03:23 PM
The 180 here in two weeks time is mind numbing.

I know we have said or heard the excuse "injuries" before in several situations for several teams through out the years, but I'm having a hard time recalling the last time three key starters went down for the year this early and quick and the team was still able to compete.

I watched the game twice Sunday and I guarentee this team is not nearly as bad as people are saying. The ball has not bounced our way once, not once. Couple that with the injuries and turnovers and lack of debth at key positions and we now find ourselves here.

I'm not happy either. I don't think that I've missed more than 6 games since 1974 ut this jumping ship shit with their hair on fire bullshit is just that weak ass bullshit.

I like Haley as the coach and I fucking shit the bed if we were considering mcdaniels.

rocknrolla
09-20-2011, 03:30 PM
I wonder how different a tune it would be if Cassel was a good quarterback.

Its a shame that he isn't.

I think that fact is gonna cost us a quality head coach that will flourish in his next opportunity...in which I think will come quicker than some might think.

That's what I'm worried about. Its the sad truth. Because it will happen.

lcarus
09-20-2011, 03:32 PM
That's what I'm worried about. Its the sad truth. Because it will happen.

I think we'll end up with Jim Zorn as our coach. I don't know why...

GloryDayz
09-20-2011, 03:36 PM
If they're in Chiefs management, they all F'n SUCK!

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2011, 03:53 PM
I totally agree. Trading for Cassel had fail written all over it even before it happened.

Let's hope he doesn't make the same mistake twice and if we are in position to draft a franchise quarterback, we do.

I can say this, if we trade for our next starter (Brian hoyer) I may have to stop watching football for awhile.

I think it's a little more complicated than this. He didn't just fail spectacularly with a player evaluation, he failed spectacularly with a player evaluation of a player he'd seen everyday for four years.

That's a pretty astonishing piece of incompetence, and it makes me wonder whether he has any ability to truly evaluate the position.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I think it's a little more complicated than this. He didn't just fail spectacularly with a player evaluation, he failed spectacularly with a player evaluation of a player he'd seen everyday for four years.

That's a pretty astonishing piece of incompetence, and it makes me wonder whether he has any ability to truly evaluate the position.

ok then how do you feel about weis supposedly wanting clausen?

i mean thats what CP told me...

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2011, 04:06 PM
ok then how do you feel about weis supposedly wanting clausen?

i mean thats what CP told me...

Charlie Weis isn't the highest paid GM in football and supposed personnel guru/Executive of the Decade.

I'll put it this way, Jason. If you charge $500 bucks an hour for labor on my car, you can be damned sure that I'm gonna be a hell of a lot more pissed if you miss something or screw something up on it than I would if my neighbor did it for ten bucks.

BossChief
09-20-2011, 04:09 PM

He saw a guy that had a great work ethic and when he was given a chance over the course of a whole year, he showed he had enough promise to possibly warrant further looks as a starting quarterback.

I can see that, Matt had some decent games in 2008 and does have some leadership qualities.

I didnt want the trade to happen, but the truly damning blow was signing Cassel to the deal that handcuffed him as our longterm starter.

What was my big WTF moment.

BossChief
09-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Charlie Weis isn't the highest paid GM in football and supposed personnel guru/Executive of the Decade.

I'll put it this way, Jason. If you charge $500 bucks an hour for labor on my car, you can be damned sure that I'm gonna be a hell of a lot more pissed if you miss something or screw something up on it than I would if my neighbor did it for ten bucks.

Matt Cassel = 500/hr
Thigpen = 10 bucks

2009 - poor
2010 - good
2011 - very good

Its too bad "poor" included a handcuffing move of a bad qb to our team.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2011, 04:16 PM
He saw a guy that had a great work ethic and when he was given a chance over the course of a whole year, he showed he had enough promise to possibly warrant further looks as a starting quarterback.

I can see that, Matt had some decent games in 2008 and does have some leadership qualities.

I didnt want the trade to happen, but the truly damning blow was signing Cassel to the deal that handcuffed him as our longterm starter.

Being a rah rah guy and playing well against the NFC West does not make one either a leader or a good QB.

Again, it's damned near impossible to screw up a situation where you have a prime Randy Moss and Wes Welker to dump the ball off to every down.

MahiMike
09-20-2011, 04:16 PM
I love how Whitlock and co. are piling on while we're down. "See! I toad ya!".

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 04:23 PM

come one man, charlie weis is supposedly the savior. right?

offensive guru, qb guru. i mean i read it all here.

CoMoChief
09-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Being a rah rah guy and playing well against the NFC West does not make one either a leader or a good QB.

Again, it's damned near impossible to screw up a situation where you have a prime Randy Moss and Wes Welker to dump the ball off to every down.

MC still was sacked more than any other QB in the NFL that season too IIRC.....behind a good Pats Oline and with possibly the best WR duo in the NFL at that time.

hated the Cassel signing.....still hate it, always will. The guy is just not a legit quality NFL starter. He'd make a good backup...but not a $50M backup. So with that being said, KC needs to suck for Luck, and Cassel needs to be traded.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-20-2011, 04:31 PM
come one man, charlie weis is supposedly the savior. right?

offensive guru, qb guru. i mean i read it all here.

Not from me. You're conflating things.

TEX
09-20-2011, 04:35 PM

I hear ya. I would stop watching football if that happened.

JASONSAUTO
09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Not from me. You're conflating things.

no confusion here.

i know you might not have said all of that ( not looking back to see, dont care enough) BUT thats the shit that was thrown around during that draft season

TEX
09-20-2011, 04:36 PM

This.
Exactly what I was trying to say but you said it much better.

Chiefaholic
09-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Has nobody here considered the fact that Whitlock is the true "Egoli". He stands on his damn soapbox and demands answers to every question no matter how degrading it is. If somebody puts him in his place, then that individual must be an egomaniac. F*** Whitless if people don't bow to him and give unlimited information for his columns. If he walks into my place of business, they'd tell him to get bent as well

Backwards Masking
09-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Has nobody here considered the fact that Whitlock is the true "Egoli". He stands on his damn soapbox and demands answers to every question no matter how degrading it is.

That's beauty of being a journalist though - you get to poke holes in the authority of others without ever having to display authority yourself.

Okie_Apparition
09-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Stop staring at Whitlock's tits
your judgement is impared

Okie_Apparition
09-20-2011, 06:04 PM
I watched the game twice Sunday and I guarentee this team is not nearly as bad as people are saying. The ball has not bounced our way once, not once. Couple that with the injuries and turnovers and lack of debth at key positions and we now find ourselves here.

I'm not happy either. I don't think that I've missed more than 6 games since 1974 ut this jumping ship shit with their hair on fire bullshit is just that weak ass bullshit.

I like Haley as the coach and I ****ing shit the bed if we were considering mcdaniels.

I agree, this team will win too many games to pick #1 overall. There is far more talent still there even after the injuries than Herm had.

DeezNutz
09-20-2011, 06:43 PM

The trade dictated the contract because Cassel was set to get paid in NE, too (read: the Hoodie playing poker with the entire league and winning).

Deberg_1990
09-20-2011, 08:14 PM
heh, i remember there were a few NE fans that actually wanted Cassel over Brady after the 08 season. ROFL

BigRock
09-20-2011, 08:27 PM

It's much deeper than that with Jason. His problem isn't that Pioli talks a big game and was mean to him at a restaurant and whatever else. Hell, Carl walked around acting like King Shit for 20 years.

Jason's problem is that when he wrote about it, nobody cared. That's what eats at him, that's what chapped his ass so bad. It was the harsh realization that his influence and relevance weren't anywhere near as strong as he thought they were.

And it should be common sense. When a new highly touted GM comes to town as the savior of the football team, that guy is going to get the benefit of the doubt from pretty much everybody. But Whitlock started penning The Egoli Diaries apparently thinking he could turn the city against Pioli before a single game had been played. And when it didn't happen, particularly after the Waters thing, Jason went mental. Just completely off the rails.

Even now, with the Chiefs looking like utter dogshit, he's not writing about how badly Pioli mismanaged the roster or any such thing. It's right back to the well with the ego stuff. He's using a story of someone ELSE being a dick to re-hash his story about his nightmare dinner with Scott Egoli.

That's what it's all about for Jason. That's his white whale. By God, one day he'll prove those naysayers wrong! He'll show everyone that he was right! Pioli really does have a huge ego!

And everyone will go "Uhhh. OK. Anyway..."

GloryDayz
09-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Fatlock ate with somebody!! Hell, even if they split the tab it might explain why the Chiefs needed to save that $30M under the cap!!!

WhiteWhale
09-20-2011, 08:36 PM
It's much deeper than that with Jason. His problem isn't that Pioli talks a big game and was mean to him at a restaurant and whatever else. Hell, Carl walked around acting like King Shit for 20 years.

Jason's problem is that when he wrote about it, nobody cared. That's what eats at him, that's what chapped his ass so bad. It was the harsh realization that his influence and relevance weren't anywhere near as strong as he thought they were.

And it should be common sense. When a new highly touted GM comes to town as the savior of the football team, that guy is going to get the benefit of the doubt from pretty much everybody. But Whitlock started penning The Egoli Diaries apparently thinking he could turn the city against Pioli before a single game had been played. And when it didn't happen, particularly after the Waters thing, Jason went mental. Just completely off the rails.

Even now, with the Chiefs looking like utter dogshit, he's not writing about how badly Pioli mismanaged the roster or any such thing. It's right back to the well with the ego stuff. He's using a story of someone ELSE being a dick to re-hash his story about his nightmare dinner with Scott Egoli.

That's what it's all about for Jason. That's his white whale. By God, one day he'll prove those naysayers wrong! He'll show everyone that he was right! Pioli really does have a huge ego!

And everyone will go "Uhhh. OK. Anyway..."

Name drop! Oh yeah!

Also, I agree with this post. The act is tired. It's not about Jason pegging Pioli as a bad GM, he just doesn't like him personally.

I get it. Pioli has an Ego. Whitlock has an ax to grind, much like Borges who writes about the pats slamming Belichick all the damn time. No matter how much success KC would have had hypothetically, it's not like that would have changed Whitlock's outlook on the Chiefs. It wasn't about the success or lack of success for the team, it was about his ax and his need to grind it.

WilliamTheIrish
09-20-2011, 08:50 PM

That's not true. Jason has been one of the all time greatest quitters in KC history.

Gonna run a marathon - quit.

Gonna run a morning radio show - quit

Gonna run an afternoon drive time radio show - quit.

I'm tired of the guy. He very well could be right and could be telling the truth. But I don't care. He's a quitter. And to me, that's all he'll ever be.

DeezNutz
09-20-2011, 09:36 PM
That's not true. Jason has been one of the all time greatest quitters in KC history.

Gonna run a marathon - quit.

Gonna run a morning radio show - quit

Gonna run an afternoon drive time radio show - quit.

I'm tired of the guy. He very well could be right and could be telling the truth. But I don't care. He's a quitter. And to me, that's all he'll ever be.

Not really possible to argue this post.