PDA

View Full Version : Life KCMO School District Loses Accreditation

KurtCobain
09-20-2011, 04:06 PM
LMAO Been a long time coming.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/education/State-recommendation-KCMO-schools-should-lose-accreditation

Bewbies
09-20-2011, 04:07 PM
This happened in one of the counties in Atlanta, and that was before the whole cheating scandal came to light.

gblowfish
09-20-2011, 04:54 PM
This is going to be very bad in two directions. First, there will be a mass exodus of kids from the district to surrounding schools. So KCSD will be a ghost town in two years. The good teachers won't stay, the good kids won't stay.

Second, the surrounding schools like Independence, Center, Park Hill, Raytown, will have to accept kids from the KCSD, which will strain already overtaxed budgets and resources, and hurt the educational opportunities for kids in those districts by over-crowding classes and generally making things worse.

Van Horn fought for years to get out of KCSD and they finally got into Independence schools. Now that they're showing some real signs of progress to get back to being a respectable school, they'll be flooded with KCMO kids who test badly.

Lose lose situation.

Reerun_KC
09-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Gotta love Public Education...

Brock
09-20-2011, 04:57 PM
KC schools are no worse than anywhere else. Everything is fine here. /Z

Stewie
09-20-2011, 05:00 PM
This is going to be very bad in two directions. First, there will be a mass exodus of kids from the district to surrounding schools. So KCSD will be a ghost town in two years. The good teachers won't stay, the good kids won't stay.

Second, the surrounding schools like Independence, Center, Park Hill, Raytown, will have to accept kids from the KCSD, which will strain already overtaxed budgets and resources, and hurt the educational opportunities for kids in those districts by over-crowding classes and generally making things worse.

Van Horn fought for years to get out of KCSD and they finally got into Independence schools. Now that they're showing some real signs of progress to get back to being a respectable school, they'll be flooded with KCMO kids who test badly.

Lose lose situation.

When the district becomes unaccredited they MUST pay for kids in the district to go to other schools if they want. It's a burden on KCMO, not the chosen school... they get extra money.

gblowfish
09-20-2011, 05:01 PM
When the district becomes unaccredited they MUST pay for kids in the district to go to other schools if they want. It's a burden on KCMO, not the chosen school... they get extra money.

I'll bet KCSD will find a way to claim bankruptcy in the next two years....

HonestChieffan
09-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Should create some security jobs in places like Pleasant Hill and Harrisonville. Gonna need armed guards.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2011, 05:17 PM
I wish schools could pull a "Joe Clark" and just kick the bums out who dont want to be there and ultimately are just a distraction to the good kids. Quit wasting time, money and resources on bums.

mnchiefsguy
09-20-2011, 05:19 PM

I call BS. gblowfish is right. KCMO might pay a token fee per student, but the larger class sizes, along with the low test scores and behavioral trouble that is coming , is a huge problem for other districts. My daughter is in Raytown, a few years back they decided to take some KCMO students to get extra revenue for the district...it has been a complete disaster. Behavior problems in the schools, low test scores, nothing but trouble.

Stewie
09-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Should create some security jobs in places like Pleasant Hill and Harrisonville. Gonna need armed guards.

I'm pretty sure kids from KCMO won't travel that far. It helps the local accredited districts, sans Hickman Mills. They are on the short list to be unaccredited.

HonestChieffan
09-20-2011, 05:22 PM
It does beg the question(s)...

Why now? They made huge strides under the new super and the entire group who worked through all that are in place still..

Is this nitwit bunch on the board back to the old way of being incompetent to the power of 10? Something not seen yet?

How does this help anything? What immediate improvement will we see as a result of the state pulling accreditation? How will it help the kids and families to pack them off to god knows where an hour drive away from their peers and places they know?

Looks like one more reason to reduce government reach...i know this isnt DC but good lord.

Stewie
09-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I call BS. gblowfish is right. KCMO might pay a token fee per student, but the larger class sizes, along with the low test scores and behavioral trouble that is coming , is a huge problem for other districts. My daughter is in Raytown, a few years back they decided to take some KCMO students to get extra revenue for the district...it has been a complete disaster. Behavior problems in the schools, low test scores, nothing but trouble.

My point was that KCMO pays another district money to educate their kids. The consequences are irrelevant in the eyes of the state of Missouri.

mnchiefsguy
09-20-2011, 05:37 PM
My point was that KCMO pays another district money to educate their kids. The consequences are irrelevant in the eyes of the state of Missouri.

They don't pay enough to cover all of the costs of taking those students on. The payment is not enough.

Stewie
09-20-2011, 05:40 PM
They don't pay enough to cover all of the costs of taking those students on. The payment is not enough.

I agree, but those are the rules.

HonestChieffan
09-20-2011, 05:42 PM
I agree, but those are the rules.

I hear that in a Darth Vader sort of a delivery

vailpass
09-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a whole bunch of shiftless little bastards need to be put to work on a chain gang until they turn 18.

Stewie
09-20-2011, 05:44 PM
I hear that in a Darth Vader sort of a delivery

Possibly. KCMO wastes so much money on nonsensical expenditures it boggles the mind. When something like this happens it's a total surprise?

suzzer99
09-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Sounds like a whole bunch of shiftless little bastards need to be put to work on a chain gang until they turn 18.

How are you not permabanned yet?

HonestChieffan
09-20-2011, 05:46 PM

Many are 18. 7th grade is a bitch.

blaise
09-20-2011, 05:51 PM
What they need over there is another sports arena and a new expensive light rail that goes to the zoo. That'll fix the schools.

Dave Lane
09-20-2011, 05:58 PM

Lose lose situation.

Somebody TRIED to get into Independence? Wow.

blaise
09-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Most products of the school system there don't even know what accreditation means.

kchero
09-20-2011, 06:08 PM
KCMO School Board

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2RD8xxK-JJc/TXbzPhI7zzI/AAAAAAAAPDA/NsO8qCSfACc/Iraqi%252520Information%252520Minister.jpg

vailpass
09-20-2011, 06:37 PM
How are you not permabanned yet?

This is exactly the shit that creeps in here now that Skip is gone.
Frigging' n00bs that have the entire script of the Vagina Monologues memorized then come in here and spill it all over the floor.

vailpass
09-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Many are 18. 7th grade is a bitch.

:D

CrazyPhuD
09-20-2011, 06:38 PM
This doesn't affect the students automatic admission to Mizzou does it?(I keed I keed!)

vailpass
09-20-2011, 06:40 PM
This doesn't affect the students automatic admission to Mizzou does it?(I keed I keed!)

ASU isn't laughing.

stonedstooge
09-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Guess the real reason the superintendent jumped ship is finally revealed

blaise
09-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Now they got rid of Funkhauser I'm sure the city council will clear this right up.

GloryDayz
09-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Guess the real reason the superintendent jumped ship is finally revealed

LOL, funny how we never talk about the 800 pound gorilla sitting in the middle of the table.

Saul Good
09-20-2011, 07:45 PM
LOL, funny how we never talk about the 800 pound gorilla sitting in the middle of the table.

That's racist?