PDA

View Full Version : Which QB?

BigRichard
09-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Andy Dalton is available on waivers. I have Eli and Cutler. Would you take Andy and drop either of those?

Hoover
09-20-2011, 06:02 PM
I think you are fine.

MoreLemonPledge
09-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Dalton is a step below those two (who are, honestly, pretty shitty anyway). Keep an eye on Dalton. If he has another good game next week, drop Eli for him.

ChiefGator
09-21-2011, 04:00 AM
You might need to worry about someone else grabbing him though, if anyone else is in your boat. I would think about dropping Eli for him now. At worst, he would be your bye-week play and he plays Seattle the week Cutler is down. Eli is right on track for his normal year, although down in yardage and up in sacks. Up ALOT in sacks. He was sacked 17 times lat year and already 7 this year. They are having problems protecting him, as you probably saw on Monday night.

Dylan
09-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Andy Dalton is available on waivers. I have Eli and Cutler. Would you take Andy and drop either of those?

The only thing I will say is Eli needs a lot of weapons. Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham (concussion) are their two top receivers - ten picks came off dropped passes or balls tipped by Nicks, Manningham and Steve Smith. Nicks will contantly see double teams, especially in the red zone.

To make matters worse, the Giants are without their clutch slot receiver Steve Smith, who signed a one year deal with the Eagles. Something I've never expected. It appears to be the sheer incompetence of Giants general manager Jerry Reese.

Dominik Hixon, who replaced Smith in the slot, tore his ACL against the Rams on MNF. Truly a heartbreaking loss. Thursday, the Giants signed Brandon Stokley 35, whom the team is counting on to replace him.

The loss of tight end Kevin Boss to the Raiders in preseason, leaves the Giants without a tight end. Now that Eli has lost his most trusted receivers -- And with the addition of some new players on the offensive linemen -- I'm expecting the Giants to go 5-11.

Too much?

http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-14836.gif