PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If the Chiefs had a top 5 NFL franchise QB RIGHT NOW, they would...

SNR
09-20-2011, 11:48 PM
-Probably fucking dominate in the Super Bowl this year
-Contend for the Super Bowl this year
-Win the division, probably get beat by better competition this year
-Contend for the division this year
-Win some games here and there this year
-Be just as bad as they are now

Poll forthcoming.

When I say RIGHT NOW, I mean this team with all the injuries, bad conditioning, and crap coaching.

When I say top 5 NFL franchise QB, I mean his name is mentioned with the likes of Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, and Roethlisberger. That's what we all hope Andrew Luck can be for us.

I'm attempting to determine the talent level on this team right now, and what more we have to do once we get our franchise QB.

Shogun
09-20-2011, 11:49 PM
he would get the ball to bowe, breaston, baldwin eventually. id say 8-8 if not better

kysirsoze
09-20-2011, 11:50 PM
In this division they could contend, I think. Still would be tough with or safety/RB situation.

CaliforniaChief
09-20-2011, 11:51 PM
We'd definitely contend for the division. We still have a decent running back corps, good WR's, and play in a God-awful division.

SNR
09-20-2011, 11:53 PM
I've been saying for years that the Colts would be the worst fucking team in the NFL without Manning. They have zero talent on defense, zero talent in their backfield to help out non-franchise QBs limited by poor skills, a bad offensive line, and their receivers would never have developed into the players they are without Manning.

Are we the same? If we get that QB, do we have lots of talent here to be a lot better than the Colts?

KurtCobain
09-20-2011, 11:56 PM
We would own the motherfucking superbowl.

RippedmyFlesh
09-20-2011, 11:57 PM
In this division they could contend, I think. Still would be tough with or safety/RB situation.

Wouldn't need good rb's with a franchise qb.
I think we would be similar to the Colts when they had defensive issues
and winning games 38-35 but better than the vermeil chiefs.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Wouldn't need good rb's with a franchise qb.
I think we would be similar to the Colts when they had defensive issues
and winning games 38-35 but better than the vermeil chiefs.

I just don't see our defensive issues as that bad. 9 turnovers contributed to most of those points.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Some times the best defense is a good offense.

cdcox
09-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Pre-bad-mojo pre-inury I would have said contend for the SB. Instead I marked contend for the division.

Bump
09-21-2011, 12:07 AM
we would definitely be a Superbowl contender.

Priest31kc
09-21-2011, 12:19 AM
If we were completely healthy (Mo,JC,Berry), and we had one of them, I truly believe we'd be a Super Bowl contender. The defense has more talent than its showing, its looks like the team has quit on Haley & Cassel....Could you really see a Brady led team, or a Rodgers, Brees or Manning led team performing like ours has the last 2 games? I dont.

But yeah, if we had one of them and were completely healthy, I'd say we're SB contenders. Other teams' fans would probably laugh at that bc of how we've looked defensively, but we all know our defensive talent is much better than the results...And we have plenty of weapons (Charles when healthy, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin when healthy, Moeaki when healthy, Dex), and honestly, the O-Line has probably been the only bright spot the 1st 2 games, who the hell would have thought that?

RippedmyFlesh
09-21-2011, 12:20 AM
I just don't see our defensive issues as that bad. 9 turnovers contributed to most of those points.

I agree the off/sp have hung the d out to dry.

BigMeatballDave
09-21-2011, 12:23 AM
I agree the off/sp have hung the d out to dry.

The D has struggled, no doubt. Just not as bad as the scores indicate.

RippedmyFlesh
09-21-2011, 12:27 AM
We would be a super bowl contender.
Every team with a top 5 qb is.

crazycoffey
09-21-2011, 01:41 AM
he'd be karma's next left knee target

Sofa King
09-21-2011, 07:27 AM
Top 5 QB lead teams always compete for the superbowl (unless you're the chargers).

milkman
09-21-2011, 07:37 AM
The D has struggled, no doubt. Just not as bad as the scores indicate.

In a league where the rules are so slanted in favor of offense, a bend but don't break defense has no chance to do anything but struggle.

Bane
09-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Top 5 QB lead teams always compete for the superbowl (unless you're the chargers).

:D

Reerun_KC
09-21-2011, 07:42 AM
With this shit defense? Unless we hire a real DC it wont happen.. No way they can cover a TE in the playoffs..

Dave Lane
09-21-2011, 07:55 AM
This is a good team with a below average QB. With a great QB this team is in the SB conversation.

-Probably ****ing dominate in the Super Bowl this year
-Contend for the Super Bowl this year
-Win the division, probably get beat by better competition this year
-Contend for the division this year
-Win some games here and there this year
-Be just as bad as they are now

Poll forthcoming.

When I say RIGHT NOW, I mean this team with all the injuries, bad conditioning, and crap coaching.

When I say top 5 NFL franchise QB, I mean his name is mentioned with the likes of Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, and Roethlisberger. That's what we all hope Andrew Luck can be for us.

I'm attempting to determine the talent level on this team right now, and what more we have to do once we get our franchise QB.

milkman
09-21-2011, 07:59 AM
With this shit defense? Unless we hire a real DC it wont happen.. No way they can cover a TE in the playoffs..

Have you seen what TEs across the league are doing?

Hernadez and Gronkowski in NE.

Jason Witten in Dallas.

Jimmy Graham in New Orleans.

Greg Olson in Carolina.

Green Bay's TE, whose name escapes me.

Gonzo, Gates....

The list goes on and on.

There are only a couple of guys with the combination of skillset, size and speed that can defend these guys.

Brian Urlacher comes to mind.

The best way to defend the pass, whether it's a WR or a TE, is to get after the QB.

Jaric
09-21-2011, 08:08 AM
I've been saying for years that the Colts would be the worst ****ing team in the NFL without Manning. They have zero talent on defense, zero talent in their backfield to help out non-franchise QBs limited by poor skills, a bad offensive line, and their receivers would never have developed into the players they are without Manning.

Are we the same? If we get that QB, do we have lots of talent here to be a lot better than the Colts?This post makes Dwight Freeney sad.

:harumph:

Coogs
09-21-2011, 08:14 AM
If we were completely healthy (Mo,JC,Berry), and we had one of them, I truly believe we'd be a Super Bowl contender. The defense has more talent than its showing, its looks like the team has quit on Haley & Cassel....Could you really see a Brady led team, or a Rodgers, Brees or Manning led team performing like ours has the last 2 games? I dont.

But yeah, if we had one of them and were completely healthy, I'd say we're SB contenders. Other teams' fans would probably laugh at that bc of how we've looked defensively, but we all know our defensive talent is much better than the results...And we have plenty of weapons (Charles when healthy, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin when healthy, Moeaki when healthy, Dex), and honestly, the O-Line has probably been the only bright spot the 1st 2 games, who the hell would have thought that?

I agree with this whole post except for one part. I'm not sure the team has quit on Haley. We came out and ran the ball hard last Sunday. And likewise on defense. That unit played extremely hard for the better part of the first half... minus the penalties. Even had an early turnover by McGraw, if only momentarily.

It does, however, appear that the team does not have faith in the QB. Once things start to go south, it appears that pretty much everyone on the team realizes we have no chance.

I am anxious to see what happens at practice today. If major changes constitutes a change at QB... Stanzi not Palko... this game may just get interesting at San Deigo Sunday.

TEX
09-21-2011, 08:17 AM

You're right about the defense. We have no DL or Safeties. Nobody could coach this _efense with any success. Said franchise QB would be wasted this year...

milkman
09-21-2011, 08:18 AM
I agree with this whole post except for one part. I'm not sure the team has quit on Haley. We came out and ran the ball hard last Sunday. And likewise on defense. That unit played extremely hard for the better part of the first half... minus the penalties. Even had an early turnover by McGraw, if only momentarily.

It does, however, appear that the team does not have faith in the QB. Once things start to go south, it appears that pretty much everyone on the team realizes we have no chance.

I am anxious to see what happens at practice today. If major changes constitutes a change at QB... Stanzi not Palko... this game may just get interesting at San Deigo Sunday.

Let me define "major changes" for you, as it relates to these Chiefs.

Rashrd Langford is going to replace Sobby Pisswelly in the saftey rotation.

Chiefshrink
09-21-2011, 08:20 AM
This post makes Dwight Freeney sad.

:harumph:

My thoughts exactly. Mathis as well and when Sanders is healthy. Definitely an overstatement.

Coogs
09-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Let me define "major changes" for you, as it relates to these Chiefs.

Rashrd Langford is going to replace Sobby Pisswelly in the saftey rotation.

I would tend to agree most of the time. But you could see the frustration Haley had with Cassel at halftime when Cassel took the sack on the hail mary. I really think Haley has reached his limit with Cassel. I think the team has too.

Can't wait to hear the practice report today.

milkman
09-21-2011, 08:26 AM
You're right about the defense. We have no DL or Safeties. Nobody could coach this _efense with any success. Said franchise QB would be wasted this year...

You do realize that, after two games, both ethe Packers and Patriots are rated lower in team defense than the Chiefs are, right?

Not to mention the Raiders and Falcons.

You also know that the Pack and Patriots are rated lower in pass defense, as well, right?

Buckweath
09-21-2011, 08:27 AM
With all the injuries that we have now, the Chiefs would still be a SB contender.

If we had Charles, Moeaki, Baldwin and Berry, this team would be slightly better than the Chargers and could compete with any team really.

Here's hoping for Andrew Luck or another of the elite QB prospect.

Buckweath
09-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Our defense is at least average and possibly better especially if Berry is in there.

So far, our absolutely dreadful offense has made the defense look much worse than they are. That's not to say the defense has played well by any stetch but considering all the young talent we have on defense, I can't see how this unit coud be worse than last year and last year it was top 15.

Chiefshrink
09-21-2011, 08:32 AM

I agree.

I will go out on the limb and say Haley has never really had this team's 100% trust in him as well as his bad political play with assistant coaches which reveals his significant insecurity(a la Gailey and Weis- now coming back to haunt him). I believe Haley has lost this team and yes I would love to see Stanzi play.

If Stanzi plays then we will definitely see how he responds to adversity in a team meltdown situation, whether he as the leadership skills to motivate these guys or will his "psyche" be ruined by years end. I just soon play him now and see what we have in the kid and if he can "Cowboy Up" and be a good back up for Luck:D

milkman
09-21-2011, 08:35 AM
I agree.

I will go out on the limb and say Haley has never really had this team's 100% trust in him as well as his bad political play with assistant coaches which reveals his significant insecurity(a la Gailey and Weis- now coming back to haunt him). I believe Haley has lost this team and yes I would love to see Stanzi play.

If Stanzi plays then we will definitely see how he responds to adversity in a team meltdown situation, whether he as the leadership skills to motivate these guys or will his "psyche" be ruined by years end. I just soon play him now and see what we have in the kid and if he can "Cowboy Up" and be a good back up for Luck:D

You agree?

How the hell does what you posted line up with anything he said?

Chiefshrink
09-21-2011, 08:36 AM

Jason Witten in Dallas.

Greg Olson in Carolina.

Gonzo, Gates....

The list goes on and on.

There are only a couple of guys with the combination of skillset, size and speed that can defend these guys.

The best way to defend the pass, whether it's a WR or a TE, is to get after the QB.

Keller is killin it as well;)

Coogs
09-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Our defense is at least average and possibly better especially if Berry is in there.

So far, our absolutely dreadful offense has made the defense look much worse than they are. That's not to say the defense has played well by any stetch but considering all the young talent we have on defense, I can't see how this unit coud be worse than last year and last year it was top 15.

It's been said before, but 9 TO's by the offense... most of them on Cassel's shoulders... is tough for any defense to overcome. And when we get at turnover, our QB is not making the other team pay. Even though they were preseason games, we got two or three turnovers deep in enemy territory, and came away with nothing. Can't do that. Offense has to trust the defense, and the defense has to trust the offense.

Simply Red
09-21-2011, 08:37 AM

I'm sure Stanzi will ultimately end up terrified of any opposing player, like all of the Chefs QB's.

Chiefshrink
09-21-2011, 08:44 AM
You agree?

How the hell does what you posted line up with anything he said?

I agree with what Coogs assessment is and took it further by saying I will go out on a limb i.e. to Haley actually losing the whole team at this point.

Your expiration date has gotten the best of you again this a.m.;)

Jaric
09-21-2011, 08:50 AM
My thoughts exactly. Mathis as well and when Sanders is healthy. Definitely an overstatement.

Sanders is on the chargers now. We cut him because he couldn't stay on the field.

Our defensive issues stem from not being able to stop the run. If teams get into must pass situations, we're actually very good because of our pass rush.

problem is that we rarely get teams into must pass situations because our offense isn't scoring points right now.

milkman
09-21-2011, 08:52 AM
I agree with what Coogs assessment is and took it further by saying I will go out on a limb i.e. to Haley actually losing the whole team at this point.

Your expiration date has gotten the best of you again this a.m.;)

His entire point was that Haley hasn't lost the team.

Coogs
09-21-2011, 09:06 AM
His entire point was that Haley hasn't lost the team.

Yep! But I think Haley is on thin ice with his team. And he knows it. Can't wait to see what the big change is.

Pestilence
09-21-2011, 09:14 AM
We'd still only win 7-8 games.

We're still starting McGraw and The Shituation.
We still only have Pope at TE.
We have Thomas "Old LJ" Jones in the backfield.
We still have Muir calling plays.
We still have Crennel's shitty defensive schemes.

loochy
09-21-2011, 09:19 AM

Jason Witten in Dallas.

Greg Olson in Carolina.

Gonzo, Gates....

The list goes on and on.

You forgot Chandler in Buffalo. That guy is a beast...nobody could ever cover him, right? :D

SNR
09-21-2011, 10:16 AM
This post makes Dwight Freeney sad.

:harumph:Freeney shouldn't even be listed in the conversation anymore when it comes to the league's top 10 pass rushers. Mathis is good as well, but if that's all you got, it's fair to say they're the least talented defense in the NFL. That D thrives on momentum created by the offense dictating the pace of the game.

Least talented defense in the NFL to me = zero talent. They have no super stars anymore.

What I said is NOT an oversimplification