PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The problems this season started with the adverstising...

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 07:29 AM
That means off of the field. The team was fresh off one of their best showings in years and what was the marketing campaign designed to seize on that and create more excitement and sell tickets?

Some Granny talking about how excited she was about football. Was that the most creative, effective, and exciting thing they could come up with about the upcoming season? No, it was likely one of the cheapest (tackiest) ways to throw something up and call it advertising.

Don't get me wrong, Granny seemed nice and all. And had she been selling Tucks, or life insurance, or assisted living she might have evoked a sense of interest and excitement and, most importantly, RELEVANCE. But short of her being Scott Pioli, Clark Hunt, or Todd Haley's mother the ad campaign made absolutely NO SENSE and if she was their mother shouldn't there have been a disclaimer as she's likely biased.

So while a single advertisement might not seem like it would have much foretelling or even substance as it relates to the team's performance or the club in general but I would argue otherwise. How much surplus was left in the marketing budget? And do we see a pattern here?

The ad campaign suggests the club/team lacks focus, excitement, creativity,willingness to spend money, and effort. And what have we seen on the field?

Now that the team has tanked they are offering a Jason Whitlock clone talking about the Chargers. Sigh.

cookster50
09-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Yes, the advertising is why the Chiefs suck. Got it. Any other golden nuggets of wisdom oh Smart One?

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 07:36 AM
http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/a/antoine_dodson_you_are_so_dumb-14245.gif

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 07:37 AM
Yes, the advertising is why the Chiefs suck. Got it. Any other golden nuggets of wisdom oh Smart One?

Not a reason but a foretelling of what was to come. They didn't spend the money, time, effort, or creativity to put a good effort into selling their team just as they didn't putting it together.

In other words, how much surplus was left in the marketing budget? And do we see a pattern here?

kstater
09-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Just when I think you can't be more retarded you find a way to prove me wrong.

TEX
09-21-2011, 07:50 AM
I think it had way more to do with the offseason "PLAN" rather than the marketing plan...

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I think it had way more to do with the offseason "PLAN" rather than the marketing plan...

There is a connection. It's not a coincidence. There is no such thing. They did things the cheap ass, path of least resistance, lack of effort way and it started at the top and trickled down.

Trickle down crap.

HonestChieffan
09-21-2011, 07:58 AM
Fire the agency, harrumph

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Fire the agency, harrumph

I have a hard time believing they went through an agency. That campaign reeked of 'in house' it was so low budget.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 08:01 AM
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/tin_foil.jpg

Dragonocho
09-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Advertising doesnt block and tackle.

WV
09-21-2011, 08:07 AM

Funny, neither do the Chiefs.

loochy
09-21-2011, 08:08 AM

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/a/antoine_dodson_you_are_so_dumb-14245.gif

Just when I think you can't be more retarded you find a way to prove me wrong.

These.

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 08:08 AM

Nope but it's supposed to be a reflection of the product you are selling...

and I guess in this case it has been. Old, worn, boring, stale, uncreative, unfocused, MEDIOCRE, who gives a shit. Yup, they accurately reflected the product they are selling.

I wonder how many other new division champions featured Grannys as their main advertising campaign??? :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Bane
09-21-2011, 08:10 AM

LMAO

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 08:13 AM

LMAOLMAOLMAO

They play like Grannys.

Deberg_1990
09-21-2011, 08:15 AM
You know what the best form of advertising for a Sports team is? Winning

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 08:17 AM
You know what the best form of advertising for a Sports team is? Winning

Absolutely! And after you are winning put it out there. In everyone's faces. Reminding them why they want to be a part of it.

milkman
09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Just go the fuck away you stupid fucking cunt.

That rhymes with hunt.

JFC, this is the stupidest fucking thread in the history of the internet.

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Just go the fuck away you stupid fucking cunt.

That rhymes with hunt.

There is a connection. It's not a coincidence. There is no such thing.

Simply Red
09-21-2011, 09:07 AM
I do agree that the 'pep rally granny' commercial was really lame, actually.

gblowfish
09-21-2011, 09:30 AM
I do agree that the 'pep rally granny' commercial was really lame, actually.

Waiting for the first CPer to come along and say
"I'd do her..."

Simply Red
09-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Waiting for the first CPer to come along and say
"I'd do her..."

probably - as long as it was dark.

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 09:40 AM
probably - as long as it was dark.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Now comes the obligatory 'without pictures' post.

luv
09-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Nope but it's supposed to be a reflection of the product you are selling...

and I guess in this case it has been. Old, worn, boring, stale, uncreative, unfocused, MEDIOCRE, who gives a shit. Yup, they accurately reflected the product they are selling.

I wonder how many other new division champions featured Grannys as their main advertising campaign??? :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

There must be something you all see up there that we don't. Example?

KCUnited
09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
I'll have to verify, but I believe that old lady might be wearing the same sweatshirt Haley was on Sunday.

seclark
09-21-2011, 09:49 AM
"the ads suck"
"the uniforms suck"

2 games in...this is going to be a long season.
sec

Demonpenz
09-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I have lived in alot of cities and they other teams, well their commercials do seem different

STEELERS FOOTBALL. BUY TICKETS OR BIG BEN GOES IN DRY

MINNISOTA VIKINGS. BOATS AND HOES BOATS AND HOES. GOTS TO GET US MORE BOATS AND HOES

BUFFALO BILLS. WERE GOING TO TORONTO SOON. HELP THURMAN THOMAS FIND HIS HELMET

St. Louis. PUJOLS HIGHLIGHTS GARRENTEED AT HALFTIME

PANTHERS. DAN MORGAN BOBBLEHEAD DAY September 15th

New York Giants. Home of Peyton Mannings Downsyndrome brother!

New York Jets. Our coach licks Feet. No big deal

Raiders: You know the Team you know the felonys!

Seattle. Your Father maybe Shawn Kemp

49ers. Jerry Rice autographed Rainbow patches

San Diego Chargers, Natrone Means took a shit next too Marion Butts
here. that's chargers history baby!

Ravens Football. WE AIN'T SNITCHES. YA DIG

Tampy Bay: Our old logo was Johnny Depp we swear!

Miami Dolphins: First 20 Thousand will be the only 20 thousand.

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 09:51 AM
I'll have to verify, but I believe that old lady might be wearing the same sweatshirt Haley was on Sunday.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

I just spewed coffee. :clap:

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 09:52 AM
I have lived in alot of cities and they other teams, well their commercials do seem different

STEELERS FOOTBALL. BUY TICKETS OR BIG BEN GOES IN DRY

MINNISOTA VIKINGS. BOATS AND HOES BOATS AND HOES. GOTS TO GET US MORE BOATS AND HOES

BUFFALO BILLS. WERE GOING TO TORONTO SOON. HELP THURMAN THOMAS FIND HIS HELMET

St. Louis. PUJOLS HIGHLIGHTS GARRENTEED AT HALFTIME

PANTHERS. DAN MORGAN BOBBLEHEAD DAY September 15th

New York Giants. Home of Peyton Mannings Downsyndrome brother!

New York Jets. Our coach licks Feet. No big deal

Raiders: You know the Team you know the felonys!

Seattle. Your Father maybe Shawn Kemp

49ers. Jerry Rice autographed Rainbow patches

San Diego Chargers, Natrone Means took a shit next too Marion Butts
here. that's chargers history baby!

Ravens Football. WE AIN'T SNITCHES. YA DIG

Tampy Bay: Our old logo was Johnny Depp we swear!

Miami Dolphins: First 20 Thousand will be the only 20 thousand.

Outstanding!!!! LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Demonpenz
09-21-2011, 09:52 AM

if you drink don't drive do the watermelon crawl

Demonpenz
09-21-2011, 09:53 AM
TENNESSEE TITANS. Jeff FISHER GIECO BRO-STACHE day

keg in kc
09-21-2011, 09:54 AM
So the chiefs are losing and suddenly denise is posting on the football forum.

Demonpenz
09-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Denver Broncos: Jake Plummer throws left handed better than tebow!

Cleveland Browns: Lebron James Left.

Demonpenz
09-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Cincinnati Bengals vs. the Kansas city chiefs. BUCKLE UP BABY!

FAX
09-21-2011, 11:25 AM
ROFL

I swear to the heavenly hosts that this person is either completely disentangled from what most people refer to as reality or some kind of cave-dwelling, slime monster.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
09-21-2011, 11:29 AM
ROFL

I swear to the heavenly hosts that this person is either completely disentangled from what most people refer to as reality or some kind of cave-dwelling, slime monster.

FAX

Yes.

Phobia
09-21-2011, 11:30 AM
I agree with you Denise. The problems started with advertising. Mostly because advertising came first, while the rest of the team was on strike. But you do make a very accurate point. Well done.

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 11:52 AM
I agree with you Denise. The problems started with advertising. Mostly because advertising came first, while the rest of the team was on strike. But you do make a very accurate point. Well done.

Not sure if you are serious so here it goes. I understand they weren't going to get players to pitch the team but was their ad agency on strike too? Or their multimedia editorial staff?

I think, and again I'm not an ad agency or marketing rep, that the moment to throw a glitzy full blown over the top advertising campaign would be right after you win a division championship after years of suckage. People are excited and interested and motivated to spend money on the Chiefs. The campaign they presented was simply all wrong for the level of intensity they could have seized upon. But then seeing the product on the field and knowing someone had to approve of that campaign leads me to believe that systemically there is malaise in the organization.

The ad they released would be much better suited now. A Granny talking about how much she loves her Chiefs unconditionally and how no matter how much they suck she's back. That is not the type of ad you put out when you are winning. Especially as champions.

I think the ad is reflective of bad mojo in the front office on down. And while the players might be the most obvious example of bad mojo they are simply a symptom of, not the cause of. the problem.

I'm not sure anything's really changed since King Carl left except for the names and faces.

Phobia
09-21-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm completely serious. The team striked all offseason. The advertising may well have been the only thing done. Therefore, the problems started with the advertising. Correct.

memyselfI
09-21-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm completely serious. The team striked all offseason. The advertising may well have been the only thing done. Therefore, the problems started with the advertising. Correct.

Actually, it starts with the front office and manifested in a number of bad ways. Granny being one of them...that's the point I'm struggling to make here. :hmmm:

FAX
09-21-2011, 12:08 PM
The Chiefs have a fan base that includes shut-ins and folks imprisoned in nursing homes.

Those are the people who remember when we were good.

FAX