PDA

View Full Version : What would you offer for James Starks?

Pestilence
09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
My RB situation is fucking horrible after the injuries to Jamaal Charles and Felix Jones. My roster currently looks like this:

QB: Roethlisberger, Cutler, Henne
RB: F. Jones, D. Williams, B. Jacobs, M. Barber
WR: V. Jackson, B. Marshall, L. Moore, D. Moore, J. Ford, S. Rice, M. Massaquoi
TE: V. Davis, L. Kendricks
K: B. Cundiff
DEF: Saints

I'm trying to come up with an offer for James Starks. The team who has him doesn't start him due to his QB and RB situation.

This is his roster.

QB - Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford
RB - Frank Gore, Peyton Hillis, Jonathan Stewart, James Starks, Isaac Redman, Dexter McCluster, Willis McGahee
WR - Dez Bryant, Eric Decker, Johnny Knox, Jordy Nelson, Santonio Holmes
TE - Aaron Hernandez, Jimmy Graham
K - Jason Hanson
DEF: Texans

Pestilence
09-21-2011, 10:04 AM
And apparently now there might be another offer on the table.

Brandon Jacobs, M. Massaquoi and Vernon Davis

for

Mike Wallace and Shonne Greene

Short Leash Hootie
09-21-2011, 06:18 PM

for

Mike Wallace wins this deal but shonne Greene blows

Cave Johnson
09-22-2011, 08:58 AM

for

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat.

Wallace >>> Davis
Greene > Jacobs

As for Starks, maybe D. Moore. He's buzzy this week and will be up and down.

Pestilence
09-22-2011, 09:06 AM
The Wallace trade fell through because the guy is a bitch.

I offered Denarius Moore for Starks but he turned it down. Looks like I'm stuck at RB.

Pestilence
09-22-2011, 10:31 AM
I just got offered Daniel Thomas and Santana Moss (or Stevie Johnson) for Brandon Marshall.

MoreLemonPledge
09-22-2011, 11:58 AM
I just got offered Daniel Thomas and Santana Moss (or Stevie Johnson) for Brandon Marshall.

Do it for Johnson, not for Moss. Marshall will be a beast this year, but if you need the RB help it's a good trade.

Pestilence
09-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Johnson has a groin injury though. And Daniel Thomas to me is unproven. I guess I'll give it a week. It could come back to bite me in the ass....or it could work out in my favor.

pkane
09-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Looks like it bit you in the ass.

Pestilence
09-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Looks like it bit you in the ass.

Show me where I said that I traded for him.

I asked what I should offer.

Try again...

pkane
09-26-2011, 10:17 AM
My bad I wasn't refering to Starks. I was refering to the other one you turned down.

I would have traded Marshall for Johnson and Thomas. You didn't. If anything Johnson>Marshall and Thomas will be getting the majority of the carries from here on out.

Pestilence
09-26-2011, 10:22 AM
My bad I wasn't refering to Starks. I was refering to the other one you turned down.

I would have traded Marshall for Johnson and Thomas. You didn't. If anything Johnson>Marshall and Thomas will be getting the majority of the carries from here on out.

Except I took a trade where I got Cam Newton, Cedric Benson and Mike Wallace.

pkane
09-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Nice one. Who did you give up?

SNR
09-26-2011, 10:27 AM
This is as good of a place as any to post this:

My backfield looks like:

Arian Foster
Legarette Blount
Mike Tolbert
James Starks
Ben Tate

Blount's been really pissing me off lately. Arian Foster/Ben Tate... whatever. They'll get it figured out.

This week looked terrible for Tolbert and Starks. Their respective teams both decided to feed the starters hot and heavy, and now both of these backs look to only be receiving table scraps.

It looks like I might be fucking screwed unless an injury occurs. What would you guys do? I've got meeh receivers (Bowe, Steve Johnson, and Manningham are my top 3) but I do have awesome TEs, which I'd be okay with flexing (Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez).

Do I ride out this rough spot and hope Starks and Tolbert get their carries back up to normal levels? Trade them now?

Pestilence
09-26-2011, 10:33 AM
I personally would try and package Tolbert and Hernandez for a better RB. Mathews is the RB in San Diego. That's becoming more apparent. Starks is young and talented. He'll get the ball more.

pkane
09-26-2011, 10:35 AM
This is as good of a place as any to post this:

Do I ride out this rough spot and hope Starks and Tolbert get their carries back up to normal levels? Trade them now?

Starks still got 11 carries and seemed to be involved in the offense. I would be more inclined to move Tolbert. San Diego will feed Matthews the ball until he gets hurt or quits producing.

WV
09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
If it's a dynasty league his value is greater.