PDA

View Full Version : Computers Good Gaming/Office Setup

allen_kcCard
09-21-2011, 01:20 PM
I just recently finished my basement, and I have about 14'X14' that I am wanting to setup a good big computer desk for.

My mental vision of it will be something like an office cubicle, with desktop surface that will curve around two corners, and maybe some filing cabinets or maybe some overhead storage as well. I want to have a good amount of surface available, so that I can setup at least a couple of permanent rigs, and also have an area to do any pc builds or repairs, either on a KVM switch, or on an extra monitor for that sort of thing.

That is the general idea, but I don't want the setup to scream "Office Space". I want the functionality of that sort of work area, but I want it to also be homey and cool. The room is also a den of sorts, with a sectional and wall mount flatscreen on the rest of the room, so I don't want it to look too much like a nerd living in mom's basement.

The space for the computer is actually larger than 14X14, but I have a computer desk armoire thing on one wall already, that I am going to setup for my wife to be able to dock her work laptop and keep all the bills. I went for about 14X14 to keep some open space in there, and really I am just wanting to use the half the perimiter of the space for the new desk.

Anyhow, that is likely a bit of a ramble. I was wondering if anyone has seen a setup similar to this that really caught their eye. I've looked at some stuff in places like office depot, but all of those are so bland and completely corporate office looking.

Sofa King
09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.jdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/homeoffice01.jpg

kaplin42
09-21-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.jdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/homeoffice01.jpg

I would love that setup. As is right now, im rocking 3 x 24" monitors using Radeon's Eyefinity.

allen_kcCard
09-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah, that would be a great start.

Sofa King
09-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I would love that setup. As is right now, im rocking 3 x 24" monitors using Radeon's Eyefinity.

You sound like a nerd who lives in your mom's basement.

kaplin42
09-21-2011, 01:55 PM
You sound like a nerd who lives in your mom's basement.

Sunshine is evil.