PDA

View Full Version : Just traded for Best

Cave Johnson
09-22-2011, 10:04 AM
My RB2, Felix Jones, is dinged and underperforming. So, out of the blue, I get the following trade offer.

Best and Pettigrew for Julio Jones and Jimmy Graham.

F yes. Best, barring injury, can easily finish as a top 10 back. So now I'm left with upgrading off of Pettigrew. Who should I target (e.g., Fred Davis) and what should I give up? The end of my bench is as follows: Daniel Thomas, Helu, Ingram.

Dicky McElephant
09-22-2011, 10:06 AM
What TEs are out on the waiver wire?

Cave Johnson
09-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Garbage. Moore, Dickson, Gresham, Watson, etc.

Strategically, I think it makes more sense to trade away a upside RB for a top 10 TE rather than drop them for a scrub. I guess the larger question is, which RB to trade. My gut is that Ingram will finish last out of that rookie group in points.

One owner has Gronk, Witten, and Keller. What's a fair offer for Witten or Keller (he'd be stupid to trade Gronk after Hernandez' injury)?

Dicky McElephant
09-22-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't think you could get Gronk or Witten with any of your RBs. Unless he's in love with Ingram....which I wouldn't be.

Cave Johnson
09-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Just proposed Tolbert for Gronk. Fingers crossed.

OnTheWarpath58
09-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't think you could get Gronk or Witten with any of your RBs. Unless he's in love with Ingram....which I wouldn't be.

Someone in my pay league offered me Dallas Clark for Ingram, and I turned him down.

Not because I'm infatuated with Ingram, but Clark's playing with a fucking trainwreck in Indy.

Nzoner
09-22-2011, 01:11 PM
FYI...

Brandon Pettigrew (shoulder) did not practice Thursday.
The rest of the nicked up Lions' veterans returned to practice today, so Pettigrew's injury may be more serious than the team is letting on. It's yet another reason to get him out of your lineups.