PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFW Florio: Luck best QB prospect since Payton Manning. Really?

BigRedChief
09-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Said there was a great chance that come November and December that more than one NFL owner will tell his coach to tank the season to get Luck. \

Not only for talent but also they don;t have to pay $50 million bonus because of the rookie cap.

He said it might be so obvious that the NFL might consider putting in a lottery system ala the NBA. I think he's FOS on that.

But anyhow.......

Luck the best college prospect since Manning? I call BS.

off the 610 website:
http://media.610sports.com/a/4594768...4.htm?q=florio (http://media.610sports.com/a/45947681/9-22-ww-hour-4.htm?q=florio)

Fritz88
09-22-2011, 08:19 PM
YES he fucking is.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
09-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Common line that has been said for the last year and a half. Of course he's a good prospect, but I think the expectations are getting a little ridiculous.

Fruit Ninja
09-22-2011, 08:20 PM
ITS NOT BS. Almost every analyst on TV is saying this. Some even say since John Elway.

Fritz88
IF we are in place to draft him because of our suckage then Goodell makes it a lottery ill fist him with a honey badger.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
Said there was a great chance that come November and December that more than one NFL owner will tell his coach to tank the season to get Luck. \

Not only for talent but also they don;t have to pay $50 million bonus because of the rookie cap.

He said it might be so obvious that the NFL might consider putting in a lottery system ala the NBA. I think he's FOS on that.

But anyhow.......

yep, and he can run with the ball too

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-22-2011, 08:23 PM
ITS NOT BS. Almost every analyst on TV is saying this.

Well there ya go... he's a lock.

WhiteWhale
09-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Luck is a ridiculously polished prospect.

notorious
09-22-2011, 08:26 PM
How big of a prospect was Elway?

I was a young pup that didn't give a shit about anything but Legos back then.

kysirsoze
Well there ya go... he's a lock.

No one's a lock, but it doesn't get any more clear cut that Luck. He may bust because anyone can bust. The great thing is, with the new rookie pay scale, taking him #1 isn't nearly the risk it used to be either. It's a perfect situation.

kysirsoze

Me too but apparently he was pretty hot shit.

notorious
09-22-2011, 08:27 PM
No one's a lock, but it doesn't get any more clear cut that Luck. He may bust because anyone can bust. The great thing is, with the new rookie pay scale, taking him #1 isn't nearly the risk it used to be either. It's a perfect situation.

But we could miss out on a LT or RG!

Brock
09-22-2011, 08:28 PM
It's the truth. Watch him play.

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2011, 08:29 PM

Let's just say this George Brett said he was glad that Elway chose football instead of baseball because he could've been a HOFer in either. He was an outfielder I believe too.

kysirsoze
09-22-2011, 08:29 PM
But we could miss out on a LT or RG!

I'm secretly hoping we go DE. I just want to look cool on CP by rooting for Luck.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-22-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't see why or how you don't draft him with the #1 overall pick.

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Luck IS the best QB prospect since Peyton. He's THAT special. Disagree if you want, but he's incredible.

Ace Gunner
09-22-2011, 08:40 PM
how can you miss on a QB named "Luck" ??? No folklore necessary - he's that good. I would compare him more favorably to Tom Brady than Peyton Manning.

Last season, Luck threw for over 3k yards completing more than 70% of his passes. That's damn good. His TD/INT ratio is 4:1 and in college, that's damn good.

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 08:44 PM
how can you miss on a QB named "Luck" ??? No folklore necessary - he's that good. I would compare him more favorably to Tom Brady than Peyton Manning.

Last season, Luck threw for over 3k yards completing more than 70% of his passes. That's damn good. His TD/INT ratio is 4:1 and in college, that's damn good.

It's not about his stats though.

Watch his footwork. Decision making. Cadence. Pin Point accuracy. Great arm strength. Scrambling ability. Reading the defense. Reading his progression of receivers. He's amazing at all of these, and I probably forgot a couple. But those are what you want to look at when evaluating Luck.

Mr. Laz
09-22-2011, 08:45 PM
ITS NOT BS. Almost every analyst on TV is saying this. Some even say since John Elway.
which means he will probably suck.

anytime you get a consensus by all the media talking heads it's usually bullshit.

LMAO

notorious
09-22-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm secretly hoping we go DE. I just want to look cool on CP by rooting for Luck.

We do need someone to spell Tyson Jackson, and the number one pick would definately be the perfect opportunity.

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm tired of people saying "Look at what these people are saying about Luck. They say he does this, and this."

Do your own fucking homework on the guy. Form your own opinion. I don't give a shit what anyone has said about Luck. I've studied him hard the last 1 1/2 years, and that was before I thought the Chiefs had a chance to get him. Now that we do I'm even more intrigued by the guy. He's phenomenal.

sedated
09-22-2011, 08:48 PM
There were debates on who would be #1 pick - peyton or leaf. Just sayin, hindsight and all, Luck may be bigger. Bradford might have been the same if he weren't in the spread at OU.

Ace Gunner
09-22-2011, 08:49 PM
It's not about his stats though.

Watch his footwork. Decision making. Cadence. Pin Point accuracy. Great arm strength. Scrambling ability. Reading the defense. Reading his progression of receivers. He's amazing at all of these, and I probably forgot a couple. But those are what you want to look at when evaluating Luck.

and that is why I equate him as a 'Tom Brady' than 'Peyton Manning'.

lostcause
09-22-2011, 08:50 PM
If you're #1, you draft Luck. If you have a QB you find some franchise to give you their draft and next year's 1st to move up 5 spots to have him.

The kid can throw and he can tackle - but he's still not a sure thing.

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 08:50 PM
and that is why I equate him as a 'Tom Brady' than 'Peyton Manning'.

They're talking about him from a prospect standpoint.

Brady was not an elite prospect going pro. He just happened to have off the charts intangibles.

Peyton was an elite prospect, like Luck.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I've never wanted my team to lose before. Ever. But having the chance to draft a guy like this it's worth it. It's our only option. Otherwise, our beloved Chiefs will continue to shit their pants in this wonderful league. If you don't have a franchise QB, you're playing to play, not for Super Bowls. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for this franchise, IMO.

sedated
I might also throw eli manning, carson palmer, and jeff george in there.

notorious
They're talking about him from a prospect standpoint.

Brady was not an elite prospect going pro. He just happened to have off the charts intangibles.

Peyton was an elite prospect, like Luck.

It didn't hurt that Brady landed with a brilliant coach that knew how to use him properly.

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 08:53 PM
It didn't hurt that Brady landed with a brilliant coach that knew how to use him properly.

Yeah that's part of it.

I love what Tom has blossomed into though. That guy is amazing. I love watching Tom Brady play. But from a prospect standpoint, Luck is light years ahead of what Tom was.

lostcause
09-22-2011, 08:54 PM
I might also throw eli manning, carson palmer, and jeff george in there.

You forgot Ryan Leaf and Mike Vick.

Brock
09-22-2011, 08:55 PM

Don't really follow college ball, do you?

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 08:55 PM

What about Ryan Leaf?

notorious
09-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Yeah that's part of it.

I love what Tom has blossomed into though. That guy is amazing. I love watching Tom Brady play. But from a prospect standpoint, Luck is light years ahead of what Tom was.

This.

I will be honest, though, when Sanchez and Stafford were all the rave I was worried that if we drafted one of them Herm would have destroyed their potential.

Having the proper coaching foundation is essential for a QB.

lostcause
09-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Don't really follow college ball, do you?

damn, what'd i miss?

Okie_Apparition
09-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben Rothlessberger, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner...
Pfft

lostcause
09-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Ben Rothlessberger, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner...
Pfft

If the question is Super Bowl winning QBs of the last 15 years not drafted in the top 10, don't forget Dilfer, Johnson and Favre.

DaFace
09-22-2011, 09:01 PM
IF we are in place to draft him because of our suckage then Goodell makes it a lottery ill fist him with a honey badger.
Posted via Mobile Device

I could be wrong, but I would imagine that a lottery system is a CBA issue and, therefore, couldn't be implemented for a minimum of 5 years from now (and it may be 10 - I can't remember if they ended up including the opt out clause or not).

BossChief
09-22-2011, 09:03 PM
This.

I will be honest, though, when Sanchez and Stafford were all the rave I was worried that if we drafted one of them Herm would have destroyed their potential.

Having the proper coaching foundation is essential for a QB.

Which is part of what makes me nervous.

Not many of these coaches would be here next year if we are picking #1.

Okie_Apparition
09-22-2011, 09:04 PM
If the question is Super Bowl winning QBs of the last 15 years not drafted in the top 10, don't forget Dilfer, Johnson and Favre.

Some coach somewhere is tired of Luck's shit

notorious
09-22-2011, 09:11 PM

Scary stuff.

The coach has to be as big of a homerun as the QB, or have enough sense to get out of the way like Dungy did.

Demonpenz
09-22-2011, 09:12 PM
He could be like Ryan Leaf

lostcause
09-22-2011, 09:13 PM
He could be like Ryan Leaf

don't really follow college ball, do you?

Brock
09-22-2011, 09:15 PM
PENZEDLMAO

Mr. Laz
09-22-2011, 09:21 PM

You mean you are worry that Haley,Muir,Zorn WON'T be here?

SPchief
09-22-2011, 09:26 PM
PENZEDLMAO

Don't give it away yet

arrowheadnation
09-22-2011, 09:51 PM
I will buy both a home and away jersey the night of the draft if we get him.

The Bad Guy
09-22-2011, 09:51 PM
If you're #1, you draft Luck. If you have a QB you find some franchise to give you their draft and next year's 1st to move up 5 spots to have him.

The kid can throw and he can tackle - but he's still not a sure thing.

Who's our other QB that we have that we can afford to ship this guy off for players that aren't likely nearly as good?

BossChief
09-22-2011, 09:53 PM
You mean you are worry that Haley,Muir,Zorn WON'T be here?

Muir could get fired tomorrow and it would be a good day.

Haley and Zorn are VERY good coaches that wont be easily replaced with superior ones.

We need to keep Zorn if we are drafting a quarterback.

DA_T_84
09-22-2011, 09:59 PM
FYI
ITS
PFT
NOT
PFW

Marcellus
09-22-2011, 10:00 PM

This.

cdcox
09-22-2011, 10:02 PM

Both were projected ranked highly based on upside potential. Mike Vick was considered a project coming out of school. Manning was considered to be the better player than Leaf, but some liked Leaf's up side better. Luck is far more polished that either Leaf or Vick and is more in the Peyton Manning category of preparation level, as was Elway. Sure Manning and Elway continued to developed once they reached the pro ranks, but they both brought something special from the first day they stepped on the field.

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Both were projected ranked highly based on upside potential. Mike Vick was considered a project coming out of school. Manning was considered to be the better player than Leaf, but some liked Leaf's up side better. Luck is far more polished that either Leaf or Vick and is more in the Peyton Manning category of preparation level, as was Elway. Sure Manning and Elway continued to developed once they reached the pro ranks, but they both brought something special from the first day they stepped on the field.

I hate comparing Luck and Elway because their playing styles are/were different.

Marcellus
09-22-2011, 10:10 PM
I hate comparing Luck and Elway because their playing styles are/were different.

But they both went to Stanford.

Like Montana and Brady Quinn both went to ND.

I know that wasn't CD's point but I had to throw it in there.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2011, 10:11 PM
it would be typical for the NFL to make the draft a lottery the year the Chiefs have the worst record...

that would just be great!

and then we'd end up with the 4th pick!

That said...no fucking way they can make that a rule in the middle of the season, so we're safe. It would have to be something they'd consider in the offseason.

O.city
09-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Ok so if we do somehow end up drafting Luck and the three AmigoACLs come back healthy next year, with the talent that would be on the roster, how long until we would be a legit contender? I haven't watched much of Luck so I am trying to get a feel from CP on what they think.

O.city
09-22-2011, 10:12 PM
it would be typical for the NFL to make the draft a lottery the year the Chiefs have the worst record...

That said...no ****ing way they can make that a rule in the middle of the season, so we're safe. It would have to be something they'd consider in the offseason.

Yeah it would have to be before the season.

cdcox
09-22-2011, 10:13 PM

Agree the difference in style, but their level of preparation is similar. Elway was viewed as a can't miss prospect and was also really hyped coming out of college.

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Ok so if we do somehow end up drafting Luck and the three AmigoACLs come back healthy next year, with the talent that would be on the roster, how long until we would be a legit contender? I haven't watched much of Luck so I am trying to get a feel from CP on what they think.

He's a mobile Peyton Manning/Tom Brady, who can scramble and run for positive yards

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Agree the difference in style, but their level of preparation is similar. Elway was viewed as a can't miss prospect and was also really hyped coming out of college.

Elway was an athletic freak too, hence one of the reasons I don't like the comparison

DA_T_84
09-22-2011, 10:16 PM

If we:

- Get Luck
- Get a quality Head Coach
- All the ACL's heal fully
- Have a decent draft outside of Luck

I'd say 2 years until we are a contender.

O.city
09-22-2011, 10:16 PM
He's a mobile Peyton Manning/Tom Brady, who can scramble and run for positive yards

Not being an ass just asking cause I don't know, is he really that accurate? Again a serious question? Does he have elite arm strength? From highlights he looks like he does but again, haven't watched much.

DA_T_84
09-22-2011, 10:17 PM
We've got many pieces in place, although some are hurt...

We need much more depth everywhere, and to plug some holes in the trenches.

O.city
If we:

- Get Luck
- Get a quality Head Coach
- All the ACL's heal fully
- Have a decent draft outside of Luck

I'd say 2 years until we are a contender.

Ok. You have to admit if we somehow get Luck, he would be falling into a perfect situation. A young team with talent that could all grow together.

cdcox

That said...no ****ing way they can make that a rule in the middle of the season, so we're safe. It would have to be something they'd consider in the offseason.

I'd feel better about our chances of landing Luck if there was a 5 team lottery. I'd say we have about a 75% chance of being in the bottom five, times a 20% chance of getting the number 1 pick. That gives us a 15% chance of getting the number 1 pick.

If we play out the season, I think our odds are less than 15% of getting the overall number 1.

So give me the lottery (impossible to happen, I know).

notorious
09-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah it would have to be before the season.

There is one exception:

If Dallas, New York Giants, or the NY Jets somehow end up with with a top 10 pick, the NFL would implement the lottery instantly.

DA_T_84
09-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Ok. You have to admit if we somehow get Luck, he would be falling into a perfect situation. A young team with talent that could all grow together.

Seriously. With some smart drafting and solid coaching/leadership...

with Luck at the helm we are looking at dynasty mode, or at least potential.

NJChiefsFan
09-22-2011, 10:19 PM

Some have said Steve Young mobility. I sometimes find it hard to judge a QB's mobility in college because a lot of them run against DE's that can't catch them. The NFL is different. Luck is very mobile however, and it seems like it will translate to the NFL.

At the very least he will be able to pick up first downs if you forget about him. He better SLIDE every time no matter what though.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-22-2011, 10:20 PM

Same here. This town craves a sports figure they can all get behind. Clark Hunt would benefit majorly from this.

DA_T_84
09-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Mods, we really ought to have an Andrew Luck Forum this year. Separate from Draft Planet, even.

If we are going to lose our asses this year, please let us have our own room to play in so we have something to do.

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Not being an ass just asking cause I don't know, is he really that accurate? Again a serious question? Does he have elite arm strength? From highlights he looks like he does but again, haven't watched much.

yes, he's that accurate and IMO he doesn't necessarily have elite arm strength like Stafford/Cutler/Rodgers but a very good arm like Peyton. The kid is a cerberal pocket passer first and foremost, but he has the ability to run for positive yards also as a last resort efficiently.

O.city
09-22-2011, 10:22 PM
I know it's a long ways away, but I don't know what I would do if the Chiefs drafted Luck and had a franchise Qb to develop. I don't know the feelings I would have. It would be.......Nirvana like.

O.city
09-22-2011, 10:23 PM
yes, he's that accurate and IMO he doesn't necessarily have elite arm strength like Stafford/Cutler/Rodgers but a very good arm like Peyton. The kid is a cerberal pocket passer first and foremost, but he has the ability to run for positive yards also as a last resort efficiently.

I watched some Highlights and he doesn't look like a Stafford rocket arm but I would say his arm is a little more Brady like.

Tribal Warfare
09-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Some have said Steve Young mobility. I sometimes find it hard to judge a QB's mobility in college because a lot of them run against DE's that can't catch them. The NFL is different. Luck is very mobile however, and it seems like it will translate to the NFL.

At the very least he will be able to pick up first downs if you forget about him. He better SLIDE every time no matter what though.

I wouldn't go that far, he's not the instinctive/playground runner like Elway or Young was he uses his legs as a last resort.

Marcellus
09-22-2011, 10:27 PM
All I know is I want him. He looks to be the shit, we have shit.

WV
09-22-2011, 10:40 PM
I really liked Stafford coming out and would be happy if Luck is similar and or better.

Detoxing
09-22-2011, 10:41 PM
I hope Zorn and Haley are retained if we draft Luck. Would like to see what they could do with a talented QB

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 10:42 PM
I hope Zorn and Haley are retained if we draft Luck. Would like to see what they could do with a talented QB

This.

milkman
09-22-2011, 10:42 PM

As DaFace said earlier in the thread, that's an issue that would have to be negotiated in the next labor deal, which is 10 years away, because they did not add an opt out clause.

DA_T_84
09-22-2011, 10:43 PM

I agree, but sadly, don't think its possible if we are the worst team in the league.

It's a catch-22.

If given the option of Luck or Haley, I'm going Luck.

Marcellus
09-22-2011, 10:43 PM
This.

X3.

Haley has always had success with good QB's around.

Dave Lane
09-22-2011, 10:46 PM
which means he will probably suck.

anytime you get a consensus by all the media talking heads it's usually bullshit.

LMAO

Tell me the last one...

Marcellus
I agree, but sadly, don't think its possible if we are the worst team in the league.

It's a catch-22.

Haley could retain his job due to injury alone.

Anybody who says ACL tears or injury are his fault is fucking out of their mind.

Injuries are insane throughout the league this season already. Not just KC though we have been hit in key areas.

GB lost what 15 players to IR and won the SB. The coach got slack because the GM had a stud QB in house and some depth in the waiting.

milkman
Elway was an athletic freak too, hence one of the reasons I don't like the comparison

Do you not underastnd that he isn't comapring their athletic abilities?

Never mind, I know the answer.

You are a fucking idiot.

NJChiefsFan
09-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Haley could retain his job due to injury alone.

Anybody who says ACL tears or injury are his fault is ****ing out of their mind.

Injuries are insane throughout the league this season already. Not just KC though we have been hit in key areas.

GB lost what 15 players to IR and won the SB. The coach got slack because the GM had a stud QB in house and some depth in the waiting.

Yeah you really can't blame Haley for the injuries. The knock of course would be that his attempt didn't prevent those injuries.

Detoxing
09-22-2011, 10:49 PM

It's a catch-22.

depend on how they lose and their relationship with Pioli. If they get any significant injuries to either tamba , bowe or flowers ...

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Yeah you really can't blame Haley for the injuries. The knock of course would be that his attempt didn't prevent those injuries.

How do you prevent ACL tears? Not play the players?

Detoxing
09-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Tell me the last one...

Sam Bradford.

Oh wait....

milkman
09-22-2011, 10:50 PM

Have everyone wear knee braces.

kysirsoze
09-22-2011, 10:51 PM
I know it's a long ways away, but I don't know what I would do if the Chiefs drafted Luck and had a franchise Qb to develop. I don't know the feelings I would have. It would be.......Nirvana like.

TO THE ANDREW LUCK MASTERBATORIUM!!!

Marcellus
09-22-2011, 10:53 PM

There is no way to know this.

There have been a bunch of Achilles Tendon injuries on other teams, how do you prevent that?

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 10:53 PM

I guess that could work. Although the speed of the game would likely take a hit. But if it was mandatory for ALL players to wear them then it would even out.

But we're talking about today's NFL.

milkman
09-22-2011, 10:54 PM
I guess that could work. Although the speed of the game would likely take a hit. But if it was mandatory for ALL players to wear them then it would even out.

But we're talking about today's NFL.

Uh.....I was joking.

Those things are designed to support the knee, after it's been repaired, until the knee is fully rehabbed.

Detoxing
09-22-2011, 10:55 PM

Lol Milkman made a joke....

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Uh.....I was joking.

Those things are designed to support the knee, after it's been repaired, until the knee is fully rehabbed.

I honestly wasn't sure.

Hah. So I just went with it.

BTW, Tom still wears his. Thank god, or he would have torn his ACL again last weekend.

suzzer99
09-22-2011, 10:57 PM
If we win 2 games this season and lose out to Luck on strength of schedule, then have to watch him win 4 superbowls with the Seahawks - I am seriously going to move to Europe and become a soccer fan. The US will probably have voted ourselves back to feudalism by then anyway. Good time to get out. Just need to find me a nice Dutch girl...

DA_T_84
09-22-2011, 10:58 PM
TO THE ANDREW LUCK MASTERBATORIUM!!!

Keep 'em coming!

FAX
09-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I am no longer a licensed physician having prescribed unwarranted, lengthy tittah massage to too many of my more nubile, blond patients, however, based on most everything I've read on the subject, there isn't a heck of a lot you can do to prevent an ACL injury in terms of prevention other than specific exercises that strengthen the hamstring, glutes (sp?), etc. A lot of ACL injury prevention studies have, apparently, been conducted. Yet, they continue to happen throughout the sport at every level.

One would think that those exercises would be standard for a professional football player, year round. If the player isn't committed to that type of preventative regimen, that has to be on him, or so it seems to me. Clearly, the team-sponsored practice drills and lift sessions are designed to help. Beyond that, it's just freaking fate ... and the kind of freaking fate that freaks the fate right out of your fate freaker.

FAX

T-post Tom
09-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Best prospect since Ryan Leaf?

Detoxing
09-22-2011, 11:04 PM
I am no longer a licensed physician having prescribed unwarranted, lengthy tittah massage to too many of my more nubile, blond patients, however, based on most everything I've read on the subject, there isn't a heck of a lot you can do to prevent an ACL injury in terms of prevention other than specific exercises that strengthen the hamstring, glutes (sp?), etc. A lot of ACL injury prevention studies have, apparently, been conducted. Yet, they continue to happen throughout the sport at every level.

One would think that those exercises would be standard for a professional football player, year round. If the player isn't committed to that type of preventative regimen, that has to be on him, or so it seems to me. Clearly, the team-sponsored practice drills and lift sessions are designed to help. Beyond that, it's just freaking fate ... and the kind of freaking fate that freaks the fate right out of your fate freaker.

FAX

Fate....Like it's our fate to draft Luck?

lostcause
09-22-2011, 11:09 PM

Fair enough - but prospect = potential as well as polish. Ken Dorsey was very polished, but had no potential.

NJChiefsFan
09-22-2011, 11:11 PM

There is no way to know this.

There have been a bunch of Achilles Tendon injuries on other teams, how do you prevent that?

I don't think you guys get what I meant. I don't blame Haley at all for those injuries. I like Haley. Just saying that the idea was sacrifice some hard practice time to have a healthy preseason/beginning of regular season. That didn't happen.

I don't think Haley's approach made it worse in any way.

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't think you guys get what I meant.

I don't think you typed what you meant to say.

Marcellus
09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't think you guys get what I meant. I don't blame Haley at all for those injuries. I like Haley. Just saying that the idea was sacrifice some hard practice time to have a healthy preseason/beginning of regular season. That didn't happen.

I don't think Haley's approach made it worse in any way.

No problem.

Haley ran a tough camp his first year and everyone bitched about weight loss etc....

Had players got hurt in camp the same finger pointing would be going on.

Seems sometimes you can't win.

cdcox
09-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Fair enough - but prospect = potential as well as polish. Ken Dorsey was very polished, but had no potential.

The point is, no one was saying that Michael Vick was anything close to a sure thing. He was a very raw project with an extremely high top end. The hype was because he was a jaw-dropping freak of an athlete, not because he would be a perennial Probowl QB. So comparison to Vick and Luck is apples and oranges. In the same draft, coming out of college, Luck would be picked first every time.

NJChiefsFan
09-22-2011, 11:15 PM
I don't think you typed what you meant to say.

It was partially that. When I went to reply I saw my first post came off the way you guys read it.

No problem.

Haley ran a tough camp his first year and everyone bitched about weight loss etc....

Had players got hurt in camp the same finger pointing would be going on.

Seems sometimes you can't win.

Especially when Cassel is thrown in your lap and people assume every story about you and the OCs/GM is fact.

Marcellus
09-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Especially when Cassel is thrown in your lap and people assume every story about you and the OCs/GM is fact.

At this point I don't believe the Haley/Pioli BS.

For one thing if Pioli won't admit a mistake with Cassel, why would he admit a mistake with Haley?

Bump
09-22-2011, 11:23 PM
if Goodell puts a lottery in place, so help me God......

SPchief
09-22-2011, 11:31 PM
if Goodell puts a lottery in place, so help me God......

Jesus people

GOODELL CAN'T PUT A LOTTERY IN PLACE

BossChief
09-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I see him as very similar in style and ability to Steve Young ad have been saying so for quite some time.

He has a damn good arm, but it doesn't WOW you.

He takes of to run 4.7 times per game...Steve Young ran it 4.0 times per game over his career.

He is not just "stat accurate" by having a high completion percentage, he puts the ball on the money. Receivers can catch the ball without slowing down or having to adjust to the pass very often...he hits you in stride.

He knew how to read defenses and manipulate safeties pretty early and has a tremendous football IQ. He knows when to attack and when to checkdown and makes both effective by doing so. He understands the situation and gives you what you need without taking foolish risks. His leadership is outstanding and he has a way or rallying the troops later in games that is second to none. His competitiveness factor is as good as it gets in sports.

His build is solid from head to tow and he is smart enough to last a long time in the league by avoiding injuries by his movements. He is smart enough to be prepared and know what movements he will need to avoid pressure against certain opponents and uses it against his opponents a lot.

The comparisons to Elway are unfair, he doesn't have the cannon that can throw across his body 50 yards downfield...that's not his style or skill set. But....he does have the winning attitude and moxie that Elway had.

Ya know, he is basically a PERFECT quarterback prospect except for having that howlitzer quality arm.

KCrockaholic
09-22-2011, 11:42 PM
BossChief basically nailed it.

tk13
09-22-2011, 11:45 PM
I've liked the guy for a couple years, but putting him in the same breath as Manning is tough. That's probably a bit much. To me he's the best prospect since Stafford, but that's about as far as I'd go. Over the last 5-7 years or so, I'd put him in my first tier of best prospects, right along with Stafford and Matt Ryan. Ahead of a second tier of guys like Bradford and Sanchez.

BossChief
09-22-2011, 11:49 PM
No disrespect to Matt Ryan, but he isn't nearly as good as Luck, relatively speaking of course.

DA_T_84
09-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Maybe I'm talking out my ass here, but in the air, his passes look to me like Rivers'.

The angle on his arc isn't as severe as most QB's... his long ball flies on a line. Also, the spiral is tight, and the ball gets to its mark with great timing. The receiver doesn't have to wait for it to arrive, and conversely doesn't have to lay out, only to watch it land well past its mark.

His mechanics aside, the actual pass and flight of the ball itself are phenomenal.

Sucky
09-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Its not BS. Luck is the second coming of Jesus. he's that good

cdcox
09-22-2011, 11:56 PM
No disrespect to Matt Ryan, but he isn't nearly as good as Luck, relatively speaking of course.

Yeah, Ryan was #3 overall, not declared the defacto number one months before the college season started. Luck's stock would have to drop like a rock for him to be taken #3 overall.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Luck is the absolute can't miss of a lifetime...

how about this...

The Colts just gave Peyton a MASSIVE contract...

MASSIVE

Now, they'd probably take a Favre/Rodgers approach...but lets just say we had a chance at Montana part 2?!?!?

WOULD ANYONE (assuming he's healthy)...trade our #2 overall pick (lets say that's what we have) and a 2012 1st or 2nd to have 3 years of a risky (but passed physical) Peyton Manning?

**under the pretense the Colts draft 1st and take Andrew Luck**

Or did we already try that once and not succeed?

Pipe dream, but fun discussion I think...

Ace Gunner
09-23-2011, 12:11 AM
I don't think any other team would trade Luck. It's the league. QB or die.

suzzer99
09-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Carolina would have to trade someone. I'd take either.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 12:17 AM
If I were Carolina, I'd trade Newton (if it came down to it)...Luck = ONCE IN A DECADE prospect.

Ace Gunner
09-23-2011, 12:20 AM
heh, like I said..

suzzer99
09-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Fine, I'll live with Newton. Is there anyone else with a chance at getting the #1 and an established QB?

Sure tells you how important a QB is.

tk13
09-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Well, it may have not been public opinion, but to me Ryan was the clear #1 QB of that class. I really liked him coming out, he could make all the throws, scramble, throw on the run, clutch performances, there was nothing not to like. Guys like him and Luck just look like NFL quarterbacks on the field. I'd rank Luck ahead of him but I don't think the gap between them is THAT great.

DA_T_84
09-23-2011, 12:34 AM
... by the way, I check PFT hourly, and Florio doesn't have an article up saying this anywhere.

For shits and grins, I checked PFW (even though there's no reason Florio would be there) and they didn't have an article up with this either.

So, BRC.... can a brotha get a link? I'd like to read this or hear the audio.

Count Alex's Losses
09-23-2011, 12:37 AM
I have been downloading Stanford games since last night.

I saw one pretty unique play that I thought was rare from a young QB. Maybe I'm dumb but it impressed me. Stanford called a flea flicker and the receiver was covered up deep over the top. Luck threw it back shoulder though, without even hesitating, and the receiver came back to the ball. 40-yard gain.

Seemed like most QBs would have held the ball if their receiver was not open deep on a flea flicker like that.

Frosty
09-23-2011, 12:38 AM
WOULD ANYONE (assuming he's healthy)...trade our #2 overall pick (lets say that's what we have) and a 2012 1st or 2nd to have 3 years of a risky (but passed physical) Peyton Manning?

I wouldn't. Enough with trying to win with cast off QBs.

If the Chiefs pick high but don't get Luck, I would take the #2 QB on the board (Barkley, Jones, Foles, whoever it is) in the hope they develop into a franchise QB.

DA_T_84
09-23-2011, 12:41 AM
If we are sitting at two, we trade whatever we have to to move up to #1.

WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Count Alex's Losses
09-23-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm probably gonna put together a Luck reel with the announcers gushing over him. His footwork and mechanics are 99.9999999999 percent perfect. He's very good at standing in the pocket, keeping his eyes down the field and getting rid of the ball even when getting smashed.

He also looks like a guy who will stay humble.

I have some cool slomo shots of his perfect form and release. He's one of those "no wasted motion" guys.

Frosty
09-23-2011, 12:43 AM
If we are sitting at two, we trade whatever we have to to move up to #1.

WHATEVER IT TAKES.

If you were sitting at #1 and could take Luck, would you trade out? What would it take?

bowener
09-23-2011, 12:45 AM
I just wish he was as handsome as Tom Brady... then the Pats fans would have nothing on us!!!!

bowener
09-23-2011, 12:46 AM
If you were sitting at #1 and could take Luck, would you trade out? What would it take?

Tom Brady
1st
2nd
Next years 1st
Next years 2nd
Blowjobs. Lots and lots of blowjobs.

suzzer99
09-23-2011, 12:53 AM
from Tom Brady

bowener
09-23-2011, 12:54 AM
from Tom Brady

Yes. And his wife.

He has to try too... no half-assing it.

suzzer99
09-23-2011, 12:55 AM
With the George Brett suprise finger treatment.

DA_T_84
09-23-2011, 12:56 AM

Depends. Do I have a QB I am comfortable with at least in the short term(Carolina, Indy)?

The answer is no, I still draft him.

That being said, everything has a price. If I'm Indy, I take him no matter what, and keep the train moving for another decade. If I'm Carolina, and Cam continues to play at his current level, I'm at least taking calls.

One thing to consider is that there will surely be a bidding war if this indeed occurs. You obviously don't trade within your division. You probably try to avoid trading in your conference.

The contenders are mostly NFC. We are AFC. Credit one to us.

We would probably be in the #2 slot if not 1. They don't miss a single player outside of Luck in the entire draft if they go with us. We probably give them our 2nd, and 3rd. Those are premium spots since they are at the beginning of the round.

It would also likely take a pick in 2013 as well.

Seriously. If the #1 spot is traded, it really might be the biggest draft day ransom of all time. (see Williams, Ricky)

NJChiefsFan
09-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Fine, I'll live with Newton. Is there anyone else with a chance at getting the #1 and an established QB?

Sure tells you how important a QB is.

To build on that I would agrue that there is no way CAR finishes that low because they have that QB now.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Well, it may have not been public opinion, but to me Ryan was the clear #1 QB of that class. I really liked him coming out, he could make all the throws, scramble, throw on the run, clutch performances, there was nothing not to like. Guys like him and Luck just look like NFL quarterbacks on the field. I'd rank Luck ahead of him but I don't think the gap between them is THAT great.

haha

bullshit

The guy threw 19 interceptions to 31 tds his senior year in college...Luck threw 32 touchdowns to 8 interceptions and completed 8% more of his passes.

He wasn't a squeeky clean passer like Luck...he was good, but not that good. He wasn't even comparable to Luck in mobility, either.

The things in the mental game that set Peyton Manning apart are strengths of Luck, too. The kid is very smart in terms of football and things not related to football that will help him.

Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt Ryan

Id give Matt Ryan and a first rounder for Luck...maybe more.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 01:18 AM
To build on that I would agrue that there is no way CAR finishes that low because they have that QB now.

he is the second leading passer in the NFL right now (in his first two games) and they are 0-2

its possible.

Ugly Duck
09-23-2011, 01:51 AM
Said there was a great chance that come November and December that more than one NFL owner will tell his coach to tank the season to get Luck. He said it might be so obvious that the NFL might consider putting in a lottery system ala the NBA.

NBA Draft Lottery: "The lottery is weighted so that the team with the worst record, or the team that holds the draft rights of the team with the worst record, has the best chance to obtain a higher draft pick. The lottery process determines the first three picks of the draft."

Uh-oh.... you might go 0-16 just to have Luck end up in Denver or Indy anyway....

lostcause
09-23-2011, 02:03 AM
The point is, no one was saying that Michael Vick was anything close to a sure thing. He was a very raw project with an extremely high top end. The hype was because he was a jaw-dropping freak of an athlete, not because he would be a perennial Probowl QB. So comparison to Vick and Luck is apples and oranges. In the same draft, coming out of college, Luck would be picked first every time.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

If Manning could be passed on by some teams for Leaf, there would be a split near the middle on Vick vs. Luck. Vick was an unstoppable force at Vtech.

Edit: realistically, if Leinart left his Junior year at the same time as Luck (hypothetically), Leinart would have gone 1st.

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2011, 02:12 AM

I disagree wholeheartedly.

If Manning could be passed on by some teams for Leaf, there would be a split near the middle on Vick vs. Luck. Vick was an unstoppable force at Vtech.

Edit: realistically, if Leinart left his Junior year at the same time as Luck (hypothetically), Leinart would have gone 1st.No. The more you post, the more stupid you become.

lostcause
09-23-2011, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE=lostcause;7934372]No. The more you post, the more stupid you become.

you're just being a retarded troll hater stalker at this point, dave.

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2011, 03:11 AM
Harbaugh's first 2 seasons

4-8
5-7

Last 2

8-5
12-1 BCS Win

Wonder what changed?

BossChief
09-23-2011, 03:12 AM
he started wearing "Lucky Socks"?

BigRedChief
09-23-2011, 08:15 PM
... by the way, I check PFT hourly, and Florio doesn't have an article up saying this anywhere.

For shits and grins, I checked PFW (even though there's no reason Florio would be there) and they didn't have an article up with this either.

So, BRC.... can a brotha get a link? I'd like to read this or hear the audio.Heard the interview on Nick Wrights afternoon show.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-23-2011, 08:47 PM
If the Colts get Luck I'm gonna cut myself. If Seattle gets Luck he's gonna live in a city that's known for cutting themselves.

ForeverChiefs58
09-23-2011, 09:10 PM
I have been downloading Stanford games since last night.

I saw one pretty unique play that I thought was rare from a young QB. Maybe I'm dumb but it impressed me. Stanford called a flea flicker and the receiver was covered up deep over the top. Luck threw it back shoulder though, without even hesitating, and the receiver came back to the ball. 40-yard gain.

Seemed like most QBs would have held the ball if their receiver was not open deep on a flea flicker like that.

This one?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ik-LNTMYn50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Count Alex's Losses
09-23-2011, 09:15 PM
No, it was against Duke. On that one the guy is open deep....and Luck hits him striiiiiiiiiiiide. :hail:

notorious
09-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Harbaugh's first 2 seasons

4-8
5-7

Last 2

8-5
12-1 BCS Win

Wonder what changed?

They got a franchise RG?

BigRedChief
09-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Heard the interview on Nick Wrights afternoon show.off the 610 website:
http://media.610sports.com/a/45947681/9-22-ww-hour-4.htm?q=florio

ForeverChiefs58
09-23-2011, 09:26 PM
No, it was against Duke. On that one the guy is open deep....and Luck hits him striiiiiiiiiiiide. :hail:

Ahhh. 12 seconds in?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d26zjmAzDgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Count Alex's Losses
09-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Yeah.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't. Enough with trying to win with cast off QBs.

If the Chiefs pick high but don't get Luck, I would take the #2 QB on the board (Barkley, Jones, Foles, whoever it is) in the hope they develop into a franchise QB.

Peyton Manning is a castoff QB?

ForeverChiefs58
09-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah.

I like this pass a lot too because he throws it on the run in a great spot.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U7OS-8S50b8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Count Alex's Losses
09-23-2011, 09:56 PM
He makes it look effortless. :hail:

Count Alex's Losses
09-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Wow, that slow motion replay...literally effortless.

He's like...."meh, TD"

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP

milkman
09-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Peyton Manning is a castoff QB?

before I respond to this, I will address tk13's claim that Luck as a prospect is viewed the same as Manning was when he came out.

That is not true.

When Manning came out, there were questions about his arm strength and whether he had maxed out his potential, and Bill Polian said that they didn't make the decision to draft Manning over Leaf until the final hours leading up to the draft.

There hasn't been a QB that has been viewed this highly since John Elway.

Luck and Elway's skillsets are not the same, but Luck is the first prospect since Elway that has been viewed as close to as can't miss as possible.

To your question, Hootie, yes he would be a castoff.

Joe Montana was a castoff.

I didn't like the trade for Montana, and would not trade for Manning, because I want a home grown QB that offers the chance to compete for a decade and more.

Ace Gunner
09-23-2011, 10:07 PM
look at his upper body strength there. That's all upper body throw. That is what good QB's have. Joe Montana style right there.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 10:09 PM
That is a great example of something I brought up before.

Luck stares down his target the whole way because he sees the matchup and is waiting for him to break open and he does.

That is an example of a "good stare down"

If he continues to look for other open receivers, he misses the wide open touchdown.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 10:11 PM
look at his upper body strength there. That's all upper body throw. That is what good QB's have. Joe Montana style right there.

haha

yeah, because Joe Montana was known for us upper body strength... the shit that gets posted on here sometimes...

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:13 PM
You wouldn't take 3 years of Manning and 3 years of potential Super Bowl runs (assuming he passes a physical)? We have more talent than the Colts...I think that is clear...not sure how you could turn down 3 years of Manning...especially when he could probably teach Stanza a thing or two...

THAT said...the Colts would draft luck and keep Manning for at least 2 years anyways...

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Peyton Manning is worth an automatic 10 wins to a team and a playoff berth (clearly)...if he can take that shit franchise to 2 Super Bowls you do whatever it takes to land him. Him and Brady aren't going to suddenly "lose it" in todays NFL

milkman
09-23-2011, 10:18 PM
You wouldn't take 3 years of Manning and 3 years of potential Super Bowl runs (assuming he passes a physical)? We have more talent than the Colts...I think that is clear...not sure how you could turn down 3 years of Manning...especially when he could probably teach Stanza a thing or two...

THAT said...the Colts would draft luck and keep Manning for at least 2 years anyways...

No. I wouldn't.

We had 2 years of Montana, supported by one of the better defenses in the NFL, and we didn't get a SB, and we have been looking for a damn QB since.

It's time this team starts drafting first round QBs.

If they miss, do it again, and again, until they get it right.

milkman
09-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Peyton Manning is worth an automatic 10 wins to a team and a playoff berth (clearly)...if he can take that shit franchise to 2 Super Bowls you do whatever it takes to land him. Him and Brady aren't going to suddenly "lose it" in todays NFL

And a choke job in the playoffs.

Count Alex's Losses
Do anything to get Luck.

ANYTHING.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mz08Sx1Q0Kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sucky
He's just that good

ForeverChiefs58
09-23-2011, 10:20 PM

So, if the Chiefs had the #1 pick, would you trade Luck for Manning and 3
1st rounders?

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Joe Montana is a fair example of why it is unfair to make "best ever" arguments through different eras...best evers just rarely exist...how can you compare todays NFL to Montana's NFL?

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:22 PM
So, if the Chiefs had the #1 pick, would you trade Luck for Manning and 3
1st rounders?

He'll fucking no. I wouldn't trade Luck for Manning and 20 1st round picks

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:24 PM
No. I wouldn't.

We had 2 years of Montana, supported by one of the better defenses in the NFL, and we didn't get a SB, and we have been looking for a damn QB since.

It's time this team starts drafting first round QBs.

If they miss, do it again, and again, until they get it right.

Ok Peyton now in todays NFL is way more valuable than a broken, injury prone Montana then...that's for sure

And ever since the Pats became about Brady rather than team Brady had been quite the playoff "choker" as well...you can argue Brady the last few years is just like Manning 5 years ago...agree?

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:25 PM
On a phone sorry for the bad grammar

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:32 PM
here's what I wrote on Facebook on Wednesday when someone asked me if Peyton's injury proved to everyone now that Peyton is the best QB of all time...

I can't make an argument anymore. I just don't know. If someone put a gun to my head and made me pick a QB for ONE game...I'd have to finally say Tom Brady. However, without a doubt, Peyton Manning is the most important player to ANY team in the history of the NFL. Would he have excelled in New England? No freaking doubt, and I honestly think Peyton was dealt a terrible hand in the NFL. People give credit to Pollian and Dungy and etc. etc. etc. Really? That whole team, defense included, is built around Peyton Manning. It's unbelievable. For years, and years, and years it was "wow, Peyton has all of these weapons and Brady has shit!" Oh yeah? What have Garcon, Collie, Clark and Addai done this year? Exactly. It's an unfair argument that I have no answer to, but I'm done blindly supporting Peyton because both QB's are amazing, but both were put into completely different situations so I can no longer argue one is better than the other, although Tom Brady will, without a doubt, go down as the best all time (which I also think is unfair because comparing eras is impossible). I do know that I can't wait for the Chiefs to go 1-15 and the Colts to go 0-16 and the Colts go from Manning to Luck while the Chiefs end up taking some asshole lineman that sucks dick.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:33 PM
and followed it with these:

I just think it's an impossible question. Although, Tom Brady seems to be the new Peyton Manning of 5 years ago...puts up all the numbers in the regular season and then can't win in the postseason...but it's ok because when they were team focused rather than Brady focused they won every year. Well the Colts have never had that luxury...it has always been all Manning, all the time. And when the Colts get behind, that defense is not built to get the opposing offense off the field. The Colts have always depended on Manning to get a 2 score lead right away.

the argument has taken too many years off of my life. Peyton Manning is clearly more important to his team than any other player in the NFL...if Peyton Manning went to New England and played QB in Tom Brady's system would he be better than Tom Brady? No, I doubt it. Same with Tom playing in Peyton's system. Tom Brady has the better system, without a doubt...so he appears to be the better QB to the naked eye...but what I'm trying to say is there are too many factors to determine who is better so I'm done with it. I have no idea, you can argue either way...it's too tough. I know what the "answer" will be when it's all said and done, I'm just saying I won't agree with it but I won't argue with it either. What's the point?

BossChief
09-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Here we go

Hootie is gonna flip a Luck thread into a Brady/Montana/Manning thread.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Now Milk, that is my final stance on the topic. I know you'll never agree with anything because for some reason you just think Peyton Manning is awful and that's that...

but that's is fair as I could have possibly have been...both QB's were dealt different hands, both played them better than just about anyone of all time...and there really is no fair answer to the question "who is better?"

but be fair...ever since the Patriots went from THE PATRIOTS to Tom Brady feat. the patriots...they can't seem to win in the postseason...sounds kind of familiar, no?

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Here we go

Hootie is gonna flip a Luck thread into a Brady/Montana/Manning thread.

who gives a flying fuck? You said you'd be ok with Stanzi over Luck if Stanzi had a handful of good games...there goes your opinion out the window...

I put out a scenario where the Colts draft Luck and feel like they can't afford to build a team around Luck and Peyton with Peyton making $20+M per year and decide to bid him off to the high bidder...

totally reasonable spinoff, so go to draft planet and talk about which Iowa player we should take #2 overall

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:38 PM
and every good thread with more than 60 replies in the history of ChiefsPlanet turns into something it wasn't intended to be so kindly, fuck off. And go start a team with Stanzi and a few extra picks over Andrew Luck! Sounds real fucking smart!

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll tell you one thing I DO KNOW...I'm in 2 keeper leagues and I will have Andrew Luck in 2 keeper leagues next year.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 10:43 PM
who gives a flying fuck? You said you'd be ok with Stanzi over Luck if Stanzi had a handful of good games...there goes your opinion out the window...

I put out a scenario where the Colts draft Luck and feel like they can't afford to build a team around Luck and Peyton with Peyton making $20+M per year and decide to bid him off to the high bidder...

totally reasonable spinoff, so go to draft planet and talk about which Iowa player we should take #2 overall
show me the post where I said that.

I think I said that if Stanzi lights it up once he gets on the field and we still get the top pick and if somebody offers us a totally crazy deal like 3 firsts (one being a top 10 pick THIS YEAR) 3- 2nds and a bunch of change we would have to consider it.

I even remember saying even that would piss me off if we passed on him in that scenario.

I have never even called for us to spend a first rounder on an Iowa player. Ever.

jackass

But yeah, keep trying to spin things the way you want no matter how much of your integrity you have left gets damaged.

ForeverChiefs58
09-23-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm probably gonna put together a Luck reel with the announcers gushing over him. His footwork and mechanics are 99.9999999999 percent perfect. He's very good at standing in the pocket, keeping his eyes down the field and getting rid of the ball even when getting smashed.

He also looks like a guy who will stay humble.

I have some cool slomo shots of his perfect form and release. He's one of those "no wasted motion" guys.

I have a great song to go with a Luck reel if you are interested?

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 10:46 PM
But yeah, keep trying to spin things the way you want no matter how much of your integrity you have left gets damaged.

LMAO

who are you?

you say some of the queerest shit of all time.

Integrity I have left? I hope I have god damn zero integrity on a ChiefsPlanet.com message board. I really do. I hope everyone thinks I'm an asshole, idiot, homo, queer, lowlife, elderly rapist.

Please...if anyone doesn't think I'm any of those things, I assure you they are all true and please think that of me ASAP.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 10:51 PM
There is only one scenario I would be ok with that, and TBH I still might be pissed.

Stanzi takes over at the midway point and lights it up the rest of the way. When he takes over, we are winless and in 8 starts, leads us to victory in 3-4 of the games and keeps it close against the others.

Somehow, that's still good enough to get the #1 overall pick and are offered a deal that would give us a stockload of high round picks (including multiple firsts) the next 3 years as well as a top 10 this year and their 2nd and 3rd rounders this year as well.

That would be hard to turn down.

Other than that, if we pass on Luck or trade out of the pick for anything less than a complete kings ransom of a trade that passes the HW one by a mile, I would be forced to find other things to do with my Sundays.

this the post you're talking about?

BossChief
09-23-2011, 10:55 PM
LMAO

who are you?

Integrity I have left? I hope I have god damn zero integrity on a ChiefsPlanet.com message board. I really do. I hope everyone thinks I'm an asshole, idiot, homo, queer, lowlife, elderly rapist.

Please...if anyone doesn't think I'm any of those things, I assure you they are all true and please think that of me ASAP.

haha welcome back

The Bad Guy
09-23-2011, 10:56 PM
LMAO

who are you?

Elderly rapist had me crying laughing.

Count Alex's Losses
09-23-2011, 10:57 PM
hootie:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GYbyjO5OsnY/TN681veO5tI/AAAAAAAAAzs/E3RK8nBnmEo/s320/creepy_old_man.gif

The Bad Guy
09-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Stanzi could look like a gunslinging dominator this year and I'd still take Luck 100 times out of 100.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 10:58 PM
thats exactly what I thought of when he said that.

Ace Gunner
09-23-2011, 11:01 PM
haha

yeah, because Joe Montana was known for us upper body strength... the shit that gets posted on here sometimes...

Joe threw on the run a lot. take a look at a play called 'the catch' sometime coach.

milkman
09-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Now Milk, that is my final stance on the topic. I know you'll never agree with anything because for some reason you just think Peyton Manning is awful and that's that...

but that's is fair as I could have possibly have been...both QB's were dealt different hands, both played them better than just about anyone of all time...and there really is no fair answer to the question "who is better?"

but be fair...ever since the Patriots went from THE PATRIOTS to Tom Brady feat. the patriots...they can't seem to win in the postseason...sounds kind of familiar, no?

Actually, I do agree with you, in part.

Peyton Manning is/was that Colts team, no question, and he was more important to his team than any other player.

But that is a Bill Polian failure.

He didn't build a complete team, and he never addressed the backup QB position.

But that is also, in part, Manning's fault, because his contract took such a big bite out of the cap, which handcuffed Poilan to a rather large extent.

I also believe a stronger coach would have been better for Manning.

Letting Manning run that offense without any checks was in part responsible for Manning's chokes.

KChiefs1
09-23-2011, 11:08 PM
John Elway said Luck is 10 times the QB he was at Stanford.

KChiefs1
09-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Belicheck/Pioli were shit until Tom Brady came along!

ForeverChiefs58
09-23-2011, 11:49 PM
But anyhow.......

off the 610 website:
http://media.610sports.com/a/4594768...4.htm?q=florio (http://media.610sports.com/a/45947681/9-22-ww-hour-4.htm?q=florio)

I love how his throws look like little effort. Awesome.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X51MdUVG0as" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chiefs=Good
09-24-2011, 12:00 AM
LMAO inception music AGAIN!??

ForeverChiefs58
09-24-2011, 12:17 AM
LMAO inception music AGAIN!??

Benny Hill music wouldn't fit, or it would make it like he is making the other team look silly.

lcarus
09-24-2011, 12:36 AM
God I really want Luck. I just hope he'll be happy if we draft him. I really hope he wants to help turn this franchise into a winner.

Short Leash Hootie
09-24-2011, 02:54 AM
Actually, I do agree with you, in part.

Peyton Manning is/was that Colts team, no question, and he was more important to his team than any other player.

But that is a Bill Polian failure.

He didn't build a complete team, and he never addressed the backup QB position.

But that is also, in part, Manning's fault, because his contract took such a big bite out of the cap, which handcuffed Poilan to a rather large extent.

I also believe a stronger coach would have been better for Manning.

Letting Manning run that offense without any checks was in part responsible for Manning's chokes.

And as I was asked about manning or brady this past week...I just don't have an answer...I think it's an unanswerable question

kysirsoze
09-24-2011, 03:04 AM
God I really want Luck. I just hope he'll be happy if we draft him. I really hope he wants to help turn this franchise into a winner.

Guys. QBs as good as him always get picked by shitty teams. That's how the draft works. Elway and Eli are rare exceptions where several factors came into play that don't apply here. While we've been bad for a while, we do have a good core of talented players. We have a GM with a great reputation, despite recent struggles. The last thing I'm worried about is Luck refusing to play for us.

That said, if he did that I would see to it that a needle covered in AIDS ended up in his jockstrap.

Cave Johnson
09-24-2011, 05:07 AM
I love how his throws look like little effort. Awesome.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X51MdUVG0as" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man does Luck throw a floaty ball ala Rivers.

Cave Johnson
09-24-2011, 05:42 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1187118/1/index.htm

Sees the field well, great footwork. He's like the anti-Castle.

BigRedChief
09-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Upon further review....... maybe just maybe Luck is all that.

Brock
09-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Welcome to last year.

lcarus
09-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Guys. QBs as good as him always get picked by shitty teams. That's how the draft works. Elway and Eli are rare exceptions where several factors came into play that don't apply here. While we've been bad for a while, we do have a good core of talented players. We have a GM with a great reputation, despite recent struggles. The last thing I'm worried about is Luck refusing to play for us.

That said, if he did that I would see to it that a needle covered in AIDS ended up in his jockstrap.

I know this. I'm just saying...as a Chiefs fan I'm always thinking of the worst case scenario. Don't know why.

suzzer99
09-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Refusing to play for a team certainly doesn't seem like something a guy who would skip out on a huge payday to pay one more year of college ball would do.

Tribal Warfare
09-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Refusing to play for a team certainly doesn't seem like something a guy who would skip out on a huge payday to pay one more year of college ball would do.

KC doesn't have that bad of a reputation for a prospect to hold out to be picked. Hell, the Chiefs did "make" the playoffs last season.

tk13
09-24-2011, 11:59 AM
haha

bullshit

The guy threw 19 interceptions to 31 tds his senior year in college...Luck threw 32 touchdowns to 8 interceptions and completed 8% more of his passes.

He wasn't a squeeky clean passer like Luck...he was good, but not that good. He wasn't even comparable to Luck in mobility, either.

The things in the mental game that set Peyton Manning apart are strengths of Luck, too. The kid is very smart in terms of football and things not related to football that will help him.

Andrew Luck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt Ryan

Id give Matt Ryan and a first rounder for Luck...maybe more.

I'm not going to get in a drawn out argument about this. I just don't agree with you. I totally agree Luck is a better prospect, his arm strength is probably better, and he's definitely better at scrambling to run. But all this stuff with 2000 arrows is silly. Part of it is people forget things as time passes. Go back and watch the last 5 minutes of the 2007 BC/VT regular season game and tell me Matt Ryan wasn't mobile and couldn't throw on the run in college. I totally agree Luck is a better prospect, I'd take him or Matt Ryan on the Chiefs in a second. But I liked Ryan coming out better than even Bradford or Sanchez.

suzzer99
09-24-2011, 12:00 PM
KC doesn't have that bad of a reputation for a prospect to hold out to be picked. Hell, the Chiefs did "make" the playoffs last season.

Yeah it would just be something like he doesn't want to play in one of the smallest markets. But like I said a guy who isn't all about the money wouldn't be super likely to be like that.

ALTHOUGH - we are starting to head down the road of having a reputation for a super cheap owner. There's still time to right the ship, but going into this year thin in so many positions is pretty indefensible imo.