PDA

View Full Version : Would you pull the trigger on this?

Pestilence
09-22-2011, 09:58 PM
I get Cam Newton, Cedric Benson and Mike Wallace.

I give up Chad Henne, DeAngelo Williams, Lance Moore and M. Massaquoi.

That would give me this team.

Big Ben, Newton and Cutler
F. Jones, B. Jacobs, C. Benson, M. Barber
V. Jackson, B. Marshall, M. Wallace, D. Moore, J. Ford
V. Davis, L. Kendricks

I start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/TE

Pestilence
09-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Ehhh....I pulled it. I'll pick up Leron McClain off of waivers and hope he goes back to 2008 form.

Hoover
09-23-2011, 12:30 AM
yep

ChiefGator
09-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Hell yeah..

DaKCMan AP
09-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Umm. Yeah.

Newton > Henne
Benson (even with 3 game suspension) > Williams
Wallace > Moore + Massaquoi

Not even close to a fair trade.

Sofa King
09-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Benson is getting a 3 game suspension by the sounds of it. But yes, i would have pulled the trigger on that.

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Benson is getting a 3 game suspension by the sounds of it. But yes, i would have pulled the trigger on that.

I did.

Now I just need to find a 4th RB.

WV
09-23-2011, 09:03 AM
That's all good for you.....why the hell did the other guy want to trade?

Hoover
09-23-2011, 09:12 AM
I just traded Tony G and Tolbert for J. Finley and A. Bradshaw.

Thoughts? I think the upside on Finley is greater than what TG has been doing

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 09:17 AM
That's all good for you.....why the hell did the other guy want to trade?

The only reasoning behind the trade that I can determine is this.

Newton hasn't really proven shit. Teams are going to start gameplanning against him. That in turn is going to cause the Panthers to run the ball more....causing Williams to go up. Henne is going to be throwing a lot this year and he looks decent.

Moore averaged 10 ppg last year and he's finally healthy. Benson is out 3 games and there is no guarantee that he's going to be the main fantasy back when he gets back.

He wanted Massaquoi because he has Colt McCoy.

Cave Johnson
09-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Yeah, none of those are good reasons.

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Would it be more balanced if I pulled out Cam Newton?

Cave Johnson
09-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Would it be more balanced if I pulled out Cam Newton?

So you just made an offer. Probably, since he'd be retarded to accept that trade.

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 09:45 AM
So you just made an offer. Probably, since he'd be retarded to accept that trade.

He offered it the trade in the OP.

DaKCMan AP
09-23-2011, 09:48 AM
He offered it the trade in the OP.

So why would you take out Cam?

Cave Johnson
09-23-2011, 09:50 AM
So why would you take out Cam?

This. Revise the trade, and he may reconsider just how much he's being fleeced.

If your league vetos, they're little bitches.

Cave Johnson
09-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Also, I'd try and move Davis after a big game. He's not better than your 3rd WR and could be used to upgrade your backs.

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 10:02 AM
There is no league veto. The commissioner approved it last night. I just got done talking to him about it and he said that he's not overturning it. If he overturns this then that means that every trade from here on out is open to scrutiny. He said that it is lopsided but he can see why the guy might make the trade.

The dude hasn't started Newton at all and he obviously thinks he's selling high.

Plus I tried to include Davis in the trade and he didn't want him. I just think the guy is that fucking dumb.

TEX
09-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Yep

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 10:39 AM
And....reversed.

Sofa King
09-23-2011, 10:43 AM
hahaha

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Two questions. Is this more of a fair trade? Does this still benefit my team?

Chad Henne
DeAngelo Williams
Brandon Marshall
Denarius Moore

for

Cam Newton
Cedric Benson
Mike Wallace

Sofa King
09-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Two questions. Is this more of a fair trade? Does this still benefit my team?

Chad Henne
DeAngelo Williams
Brandon Marshall
Denarius Moore

for

Cam Newton
Cedric Benson
Mike Wallace

Why would he want both Henne and Marshall?

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Apparently the guy doesn't want Cam Newton. No clue why....but he's been starting Colt McCoy over Newton. If he chooses to start Henne....then he'll have the Henne/Marshall combination.

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Alright....so the trade is going to go down as.

Chad Henne
DeAngelo Williams
Brandon Marshall
Lance Moore

for

Cam Newton
Cedric Benson
Mike Wallace

Cave Johnson
09-23-2011, 11:27 AM
That's a lot less favorable. Your commish sucks.

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 11:30 AM
That's a lot less favorable. Your commish sucks.

I'm co-commissioner.

I can understand why he didn't want it go through. I never should have accepted it in the first place because it was a bogus trade. The other guy gained nothing out of that deal.....nothing.

It's less favorable but I still think....

Newton > Henne
Benson > Williams
Wallace > Marshall

Sofa King
09-23-2011, 12:00 PM
You still did fine. You're in a league with a dumbass.

WV
09-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Agreed

Hoover
09-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Bingo

I don't know what people get out of beating a bunch of dumb $hits. I play in a league that I've only won once, and that was 8 years ago. I'm a regular playoff team, but winning is difficult. So when I do win, its actually worth something. I could care less about beating a bunch of retards who would rather have Henne and Williams and Marshall over Newton, Benson, and Wallace.

Sofa King
09-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Bingo

I don't know what people get out of beating a bunch of dumb $hits. I play in a league that I've only won once, and that was 8 years ago. I'm a regular playoff team, but winning is difficult. So when I do win, its actually worth something. I could care less about beating a bunch of retards who would rather have Henne and Williams and Marshall over Newton, Benson, and Wallace.

To be fair, I'm in the CP league with a bunch of dumb shits, and it's actually very entertaining. At least until i start losing this week.

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Bingo

Eh....it's not like I joined a league with a bunch of known dumbshits. We started this league and invited friends/co-workers of ours. We didn't ask them to take a test before hand.

There are more than enough smart owners in our league. There is always going to be one moron.

Sofa King
09-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Eh....it's not like I joined a league with a bunch of known dumbshits. We started this league and invited friends/co-workers of ours. We didn't ask them to take a test before hand.

There are more than enough smart owners in our league. There is always going to be one moron.

I remember getting Peyton Manning a few years ago in exchange for Lamont Jordan of Oak, and Vince Young.

Peyton carried my team, Lamont got hurt the following game (which was bound to happen) and vince young sucked ass especially compared to Peyton.

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Alright....so the trade is going to go down as.

Chad Henne
DeAngelo Williams
Brandon Marshall
Lance Moore

for

Cam Newton
Cedric Benson
Mike Wallace

THE DEAL IS DONE

MoreLemonPledge
09-23-2011, 03:37 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE

Meh.

Bump
09-23-2011, 04:49 PM
yes, most def

Bump
09-23-2011, 04:50 PM
well now that you have up Marshall I'm not sure. Last season with 89 catches was a down year for him, the dude is a ****ing boss. Cam isn't going to put up 400 yards every week either.

Pestilence
09-23-2011, 04:58 PM
well now that you have up Marshall I'm not sure. Last season with 89 catches was a down year for him, the dude is a ****ing boss. Cam isn't going to put up 400 yards every week either.

Even if Cam comes back down to earth (which I expect at some point)....Mike Wallace (to me) is a better WR than Marshall. He gives me the combo with Big Ben. Benson, while suspended for 3 games, is a better RB than Williams.

Was it a better trade than the original trade? No. Do I think it still betters my team? Yes.

Short Leash Hootie
09-24-2011, 01:48 PM
This was like...the ultimate no brainer...why even ask?

ChiefGator
09-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Why's everyone trying to get QB-WR combos in your league?

Short Leash Hootie
09-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Why's everyone trying to get QB-WR combos in your league?

it's a good recipe for success

ChiefGator
09-29-2011, 10:55 AM
it's a good recipe for success

Seems like a recipe for boom or bust.

Short Leash Hootie
09-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Seems like a recipe for boom or bust.

as a guy with Stafford and CJ on a bunch of teams...the pros majorly outweigh the cons...

this league is all about passing now...

bet everyone with a Brady/Welker/Gronkowski combo are all undefeated right now...

but Brees/Jimmy Graham/Meachem are doing quite well!

Stafford and CJ...sign me up

Rodgers/Jennings/Finley...yep.

Even Newton/Steve Smith.

It's the new age NFL...it's a passing game, therefore it's a receiving game...

Right now we have one NFL back (it seems) that can take it to the house at any given minute (McFadden)...people will adapt...

by the way, me and my friends have dubbed the whole combination thing as "combo platters, or combination platters!"

So at our live drafts when someone would combo up we'd all go nuts and start yelling COMBO PLATTER!

Pestilence
09-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Shit....I'm fine with Big Ben and Wallace.

OnTheWarpath58
09-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Vincent Jackson and Fred Davis for Dez Bryant and Dustin Keller.

Thoughts?

The team getting Bryant has Romo, FWIW.

doomy3
09-29-2011, 02:03 PM

Thoughts?

I like Vincent and Davis better than Bryant and Keller.

ChiefGator
09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
So at our live drafts when someone would combo up we'd all go nuts and start yelling COMBO PLATTER!

That's pretty funny, man.

ChiefGator
09-29-2011, 02:41 PM

Thoughts?

I think it's even. I believe in Keller more than I do in Davis though. Obviously Vincent Jackson is an animal though.

MoreLemonPledge
09-30-2011, 10:18 PM
V-Jax/Davis is better. I like Dez Bryant's talent, but he's hurt and he's, at best, the 1B on his team. Davis and Keller are essentially a push.