PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jeffri Chadiha Piles On Pioli

T-post Tom
09-22-2011, 11:30 PM
What is GM's role in Chiefs' troubles?

Coaching and injuries to key players are not entirely to blame for awful 0-2 start

The head coach keeps claiming he's solely responsible for the problems currently plaguing the Kansas City Chiefs. The players keep saying they won't let an embarrassing start snowball into an utterly humiliating season. What's missing from all these mea culpas and mission statements are comments from the man who was supposed to be smart enough to keep this franchise pointed in the right direction. It's time for Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli to take some blame for a team built from his blueprint.

The Chiefs have gone from AFC West champions to producing arguably the worst start ever by a team that just won a division title. They've given up 89 points, scored just 10, committed nine turnovers and been decimated by two teams (Buffalo and Detroit) that haven't reached the postseason since Bill Clinton was in the White House. The easy explanations for these struggles have been offered already -- that coach Todd Haley ran a soft training camp and season-ending knee injuries to three starters (tight end Tony Moeaki, running back Jamaal Charles and safety Eric Berry) are too debilitating to overcome. The truth is much harder to focus on -- that this team was flawed before any of that stuff ever happened.

Pioli was hired to be the resident genius three years ago, the man who helped New England become a dynasty right alongside Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Right now, it's hard to believe the hype. This offseason he made little attempt to improve a roster that had some glaring flaws, and his biggest acquisition in free agency was wide receiver Steve Breaston. Standing pat after a strong season works well when you're as loaded as Green Bay or Pittsburgh. It's a pretty big gamble when you're a team that feasted on a weak schedule in 2010 and then wilted in a blowout playoff loss to Baltimore.

Pioli's lack of aggressiveness is even more glaring because it comes at a time when the Chiefs are flush with cash. Kansas City had nearly $34 million in salary cap space when the lockout ended, a total that ranked it near the top of the NFL. The Philadelphia Eagles weren't in that kind of financial shape and they attacked free agency as if Warren Buffett were writing the checks. The New York Jets were just as willing to improve their team a year earlier, when they made enough savvy moves to aid their return to the AFC Championship Game.

Because Pioli isn't taking that kind of approach to bolstering his own talent pool, it's fair to wonder if team owner Clark Hunt is handcuffing him to a tight budget. If that isn't the case, then Pioli -- who rarely talks publicly -- has some explaining to do. As much as Haley has taken heat for this ugly start, he deserves credit for last season, especially for helping develop players like Charles, wide receiver Dwayne Bowe and inside linebacker Derrick Johnson. Those players were there before Pioli came to town.

That is the biggest irony here, that Pioli's success thus far has come largely on the backs of talent that former general manager Carl Peterson drafted. Sure, running back Thomas Jones and guard Ryan Lilja were nice free agent additions last season, and quarterback Matt Cassel has blossomed into a solid starter. But the offense and defense still needed more playmakers before this rash of injuries. The mere fact that the Chiefs had wide receiver Keary Colbert -- who had been coaching tight ends at USC just a few months ago -- on the field in Week 1 tells you what kind of depth Pioli had created at that position.

And then there are Kansas City's drafts. Aside from making a no-brainer pick of Berry in last year's first round, Pioli has made two shaky selections with top picks. The Chiefs used the third overall selection in the 2009 draft to take Tyson Jackson, a 3-4 defensive end who still hasn't made an impact. This year Pioli traded up to take wide receiver Jon Baldwin, a player who had character issues entering the draft and then validated them by injuring his thumb in a training camp scuffle with Jones. Baldwin still has yet to play a down for Kansas City.

Granted, it takes a few years for draft picks to find their way, and some of the Chiefs' lower-round picks still might blossom. But Pioli was also supposed to be a savior in Kansas City. The Chiefs' start this season makes it harder to buy into that theory. It's even tougher now that Haley is looking more and more like an easy fall guy in this calamitous campaign.

It would be a shame for him to take all the blame because, after all, he was Pioli's first hire. And of all the people in the Chiefs' organization, Pioli is supposed to be the one with the best understanding of what it takes to build a consistent winner. It would be one thing if the Chiefs were just off to an 0-2 start. Right now they look like a team destined for the first pick in next year's draft, especially with a schedule that still includes opponents like the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Jets and Bears.

Even the luster of Kansas City's division championship seems tainted now, more fluke than feel-good story. When you look at the end of last season, you see a team that was outscored 61-17 in its final two games. That should have been a major red flag, an omen that this team faced a much longer climb to reach the NFL's upper echelon. Now it is simply a squad that has to question everything about its organization, starting with the invisible man at the top of the power structure.

Senior writer Jeffri Chadiha covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7004838/what-gm-role-chiefs-woes

FAX
09-22-2011, 11:33 PM
"quarterback Matt Cassel has blossomed into a solid starter"

I gag in your general direction, Jeffri.

FAX

T-post Tom
09-22-2011, 11:36 PM

FAX

I almost bolded that. I guess it gets your attention as it stands. LMAO

NJChiefsFan
09-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I almost bolded that. I guess it gets your attention as it stands. LMAO

Honestly anybody that makes that claim proves that they aren't following this team close enough to make any kind of logical judgements.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2011, 11:46 PM
I love factually incorrect articles...

Traded up to take Baldwin?

No dipshit...No.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2011, 11:48 PM
developed Matt Cassel into a solid starter?

For Christ's sake...

if you don't watch the Chiefs, don't follow the Chiefs, and don't know about the Chiefs...don't fucking write about the Chiefs.

Count Alex's Wins
09-22-2011, 11:50 PM
http://republicofaustin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/torches-and-pitchforks.jpg

RippedmyFlesh
09-22-2011, 11:51 PM
and quarterback Matt Cassel has blossomed into a solid starter.

There is where I stopped.
A lot of people that look at box scores instead of seeing the games probably think this.

Ace Gunner
09-22-2011, 11:52 PM
well let's all take turns shitting in KC.

FUCK. The. Media. Hounds.

TEX
09-22-2011, 11:55 PM
I laughed when I read the Cassel part - but he's spot on with the rest of the article. This past offseason, the Chiefs sure didn't act like a team that was on the rise and wanted to get to the next level. Their approach to the whole off season was laughable - from not acquiring talent and letting some of what they did have, walk - to "the PLAN" - it was laughable. And to top it off they still have some $30+MILLION of cap room. That $$$ could have been used to buy quality depth. The joke's on us. Simply pathetic.

SNR
09-22-2011, 11:56 PM
And then there are Kansas City's drafts. Aside from making a no-brainer pick of Berry in last year's first round, Pioli has made two shaky selections with top picks. The Chiefs used the third overall selection in the 2009 draft to take Tyson Jackson, a 3-4 defensive end who still hasn't made an impact. This year Pioli traded up to take wide receiver Jon Baldwin, a player who had character issues entering the draft and then validated them by injuring his thumb in a training camp scuffle with Jones. Baldwin still has yet to play a down for Kansas City.I still maintain that the 2011 draft is the finest draft this team has assembled in a long time-- yes, even better than 2008.

2010 was good. It got us Berry.

If you want to criticize 2009, go ahead. But since 2010, the Chiefs have done very well.

Short Leash Hootie
09-22-2011, 11:57 PM
maybe it's the "plan"

don't sign anyone...don't try and improve anything...and hope you get Luck so you can start spending that money!!!!!!!

here comes #2 and a shitty sacapoo lineman!!!! CAN'T WAIT!

Count Alex's Wins
09-22-2011, 11:59 PM
hootster, where in dallas are you?

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 12:03 AM
hootster, where in dallas are you?

Near lower Greenville...

been checking out all the bars lately...watched MNF at a Dive Bar called Knox Street Pub and met some skanky 30 year old chick who made me give her her number, tried to make out with me, and then as she was leaving the bar she fell down and hit her head on the door (hilarious)

watched SNF in Richardson at Wizard's (that Chiefs bar they were talking about)...awesome atmosphere but I don't think ANYONE appreciated how drunk I got or my profanity laced tirades or my Suck for Luck chants...

and then went to Humperdink's (an Illini bar in Texas?) for the Illini game on Saturday...

So far, so good...first interview tomorrow at 9 AM for a job I probably won't get.

suzzer99
09-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Also Berry was far from a no-brainer if you ask the national media, who all had us taking an O-lineman. Lame article, even though obviously he's right about someone being stupid (Pioli) or cheap (Hunt). We just don't know which.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 12:10 AM
I got 4:1 odds on Berry on Bodog the DAY before the draft...Okung was 1:5

Count Alex's Wins
09-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Near lower Greenville...

been checking out all the bars lately...watched MNF at a Dive Bar called Knox Street Pub and met some skanky 30 year old chick who made me give her her number, tried to make out with me, and then as she was leaving the bar she fell down and hit her head on the door (hilarious)

watched SNF in Richardson at Wizard's (that Chiefs bar they were talking about)...awesome atmosphere but I don't think ANYONE appreciated how drunk I got or my profanity laced tirades or my Suck for Luck chants...

and then went to Humperdink's (an Illini bar in Texas?) for the Illini game on Saturday...

So far, so good...first interview tomorrow at 9 AM for a job I probably won't get.

I used to live near Richardson. There's a great Ethiopian place up there if that's your bag.

If you're looking for another Chiefs bar for any reason The Outer Marker in Addison used to be cool. Dunno if it's still hosting KC fans.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 12:13 AM
I still maintain that the 2011 draft is the finest draft this team has assembled in a long time-- yes, even better than 2008.

2010 was good. It got us Berry.

If you want to criticize 2009, go ahead. But since 2010, the Chiefs have done very well.

absolutely.

Especially when you factor out the picks in 2008 that we got in exchange for Jared.

Here is what is left of that class, 3 years later.

Dorsey
Flowers
Carr
Richardson

Charles (Allen trade)
Albert (Allen trade)

Hopefully, 3 years from now we can say a whole lot more about this class that could very well yield us a handful of real difference makers at more important positions.

suzzer99
09-23-2011, 12:13 AM
I got 4:1 odds on Berry on Bodog the DAY before the draft...Okung was 1:5

Fuck I wish I'd have known about that. I would have jumped all over it. I was pretty sure we weren't going to draft an LT.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 12:15 AM
I used to live near Richardson. There's a great Ethiopian place up there if that's your bag.

If you're looking for another Chiefs bar for any reason The Outer Marker in Addison used to be cool. Dunno if it's still hosting KC fans.

I live in this sweet ass apartment complex that has it's own country club and shit...outstanding. Although I haven't seen any cute girls in my building yet :(

but I don't even have furniture yet until next week so I guess it doesn't really matter...nothing like moving across the country on a whim

suzzer99
absolutely.

Especially when you factor out the picks in 2008 that we got in exchange for Jared.

Here is what is left of that class, 3 years later.

Dorsey
Flowers
Carr
Richardson

Charles (Allen trade)
Albert (Allen trade)

Hopefully, 3 years from now we can say a whole lot more about this class that could very well yield us a handful of real difference makers at more important positions.

You can factor out Albert because he's about what you would expect from that spot. But Charles is such an insane value for a 3rd-rounder that you have to at least factor that in when evaluating that draft.

Tuckdaddy
Clearly this man knows nothing.

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 12:17 AM
who knows if Charles or Berry will ever be Charles or Berry again...sad, but it's a sad truth we might have to face.

Very worried about Charles...Berry's instincts will probably help him prevail...Charles is nothing without that elusiveness.

suzzer99
09-23-2011, 12:19 AM
They're both young, the surgery is getting better and better. Definitely a better than 50/50 chance Charles will still be a great RB. Charles was going to have to adjust in a few years anyway when he naturally lost a step. At the worst we lost 3 total years of having him with track speed, including this year where we weren't going anywhere anyway. And probably next, and maybe even the year after while we break in our new QB and try to build a championship team. And at least he doesn't have to beat up his body all year for our crap-ass team going nowhere. Imagine if he rushed for 1500 yards, got us a few wins, then tore his ACL in the last game. Now *that* would truly truly suck.

I'm not worried about Berry at all. Safeties don't need elite speed. He can have near-elite speed and still be just as effective imo.

These things I choose to believe.

BigRock
09-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Wishful thinking, but maybe if the media keeps shoving hot pokers up Pioli's ass, it'll bother him enough to finally pull his head out of said opening. Then next season he'll go on a Fuck The World mission like the Pats did post-Spygate when they traded for Moss and Welker, signed Adalius Thomas, etc.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 12:21 AM
You can factor out Albert because he's about what you would expect from that spot. But Charles is such an insane value for a 3rd-rounder that you have to at least factor that in when evaluating that draft.

Im just saying that it was a great draft, but you have to factor in the loss of the player we traded into the equation.

Put it this way...if we had another first and two thirds in this last draft, dont you think we would have had an even better looking draft than the stellar one we had?

ClevelandBronco
09-23-2011, 12:21 AM

FAX

That statement is going to stop everyone here dead in their tracks. I mean really, if anyone here just flies past that sentence without pausing to ask, "WTF?" would you please raise your hand?

suzzer99
09-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Im just saying that it was a great draft, but you have to factor in the loss of the player we traded into the equation.

Put it this way...if we had another first and two thirds in this last draft, dont you think we would have had an even better looking draft than the stellar one we had?

Ok put it this way - if we got a mid-late first rounder and two thirds in any draft, do you think on average we'd come away with an above-average starting LT and one of the best RBs in the game?

I agree you have to factor in the JA trade. But if we're talking about the draft as a whole, and they knocked it out of the park on the extra JA picks, you have to consider that when evaluating how good that draft was. If they had just drafted about expected for those 3 picks, then I'd say you could factor them out entirely when comparing to another draft.

suzzer99
09-23-2011, 12:30 AM
That statement is going to stop everyone here dead in their tracks. I mean really, if anyone here just flies past that sentence without pausing to ask, "WTF?" would you please raise your hand?

Well if you went back in time 3-4 games, I think many would agree with that statement. And he did make the pro bowl. But yeah, obviously you aren't really watching the games if you think that now.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 12:43 AM
Ok put it this way - if we got a mid-late first rounder and two thirds in any draft, do you think on average we'd come away with an above-average starting LT and one of the best RBs in the game?

I agree you have to factor in the JA trade. But if we're talking about the draft as a whole, and they knocked it out of the park on the extra JA picks, you have to consider that when evaluating how good that draft was. If they had just drafted about expected for those 3 picks, then I'd say you could factor them out entirely when comparing to another draft.

Ok, as a comparison of those picks and what we did in this last draft lets break it down.

We took #21 and traded back to #26 and gained #70 in the process.

That means we got Baldwin and Houston for our first rounder.

Our original third rounder yielded Allen Bailey.

With the trade they got two thirds, so that would give us 1 more. It was #76 IIRC and that could have gotten us Jah Reid for RT.

So, from a first (that was 5 spots later than in 2008) and two thirds Pioli could have had a haul like:

Baldwin
Houston
Bailey
Reid

To me, thats every bit as good of value as

Albert
Morgan
Charles

If we are comparing drafts, you would have to agree to add in that kind of value to the 2011 class to even the playing field in comparing 08 and 11 drafts.

suzzer99
09-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Lord no. I mean maybe those guys become all world, but Charles is a one of the top backs in the league NOW. No one would take 4 unproven guys for that. Also Baldwin looked pretty unimpressive so far. He may turn out but he's going to be a project.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Lord no. I mean maybe those guys become all world, but Charles is a one of the top backs in the league NOW. No one would take 4 unproven guys for that. Also Baldwin looked pretty unimpressive so far. He may turn out but he's going to be a project.

I don't mean to come off as hurtful or anything, but Charles is on IR and fell to the third round because of his size and lack of muscle due to being a track guy...otherwise, he was a first round talent. Him being out was part of the risk and why he fell that far. Not saying those were the reasons he got hurt, they werent...but he is a running back and they generally have a much shorter shelf life due to their respective position.

Time will tell, but for not having to give up an all pro player to get the haul of players we got, I think the 2011 class will end up being the class of players that gets us to the bigger games more so than the 2008 class.

JMO

Chocolate Hog
09-23-2011, 03:38 AM
I live in this sweet ass apartment complex that has it's own country club and shit...outstanding. Although I haven't seen any cute girls in my building yet :(

but I don't even have furniture yet until next week so I guess it doesn't really matter...nothing like moving across the country on a whim

So you went from being a bus boy to a maid? Awesome.

KCChiefsFan88
09-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I think the focus needs to be put on Clark Hunt in this mess.

Pioli and Haley can at least point to success they've had elsewhere (both have been to Super Bowls, and in Pioli's case he's been a part of 3).

In the 4 full seasons since Clark has been full time owner, the Chiefs have had one of the worst records in the league.

Pioli has had success, Haley has had success... what success has Clark had in the NFL as an owner? Answer... NONE.

Ace Gunner
09-23-2011, 09:10 AM

unimpressed? what have you seen so far? that he can block a punch?

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2011, 09:31 AM
So you went from being a bus boy to a maid? Awesome.

:spock:

Sfeihc
09-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Me thinks there are several in the national media have been waiting to unload on Egoli for many a moon. Now that opportunity has presented itself (not that the 09 Draft wasn't enough) it's time for them to pile on Egoli.
Imagine if any of us in our respective fields had a success rate of ZERO. That's what the 09 Draft is and was for Egoli. When the most influential draft pick is a kicker taken with the final pick in the entire draft you shouldn't be able to keep your job.

FringeNC
09-23-2011, 09:49 AM
My main problem with Pioli is Cassel. It's not the Cassel has just struggled this year. If you actually, you know, watch the Chiefs games, you see that we cannot pass the ball at all when we are behind, and the defense is playing the pass. That's the story of Cassel the whole time here. If for whatever reason, you are tied to Cassel, you better give him a monster pass protecting offense line.

Sure, the Tyson Jackson pick sucked, but it's Cassel's inability to perform under a pass rush and tight coverage that completely handcuffs this team, and leads to blowout losses. We're going to be able to run the ball even without Charles, but on 3rd down when we have to pass, Cassel will fail to look like an NFL quarterback.

Edit: Cassel is a like a poor man's Jake Plummer. Shanahan could scheme around his weaknesses, but Plummer was exposed on 3rd downs and against playoff teams, just like Cassel. Plummer had a few 90+ rating years, but that was because of the running game and the good schemes, just like Cassel here.

Rooster
09-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Pioli and Haley can at least point to success they've had elsewhere (both have been to Super Bowls, and in Pioli's case he's been a part of 3).

In the 4 full seasons since Clark has been full time owner, the Chiefs have had one of the worst records in the league.

Pioli has had success, Haley has had success... what success has Clark had in the NFL as an owner? Answer... NONE.

A lot of truth to this IMO. He should be called out as well.

TEX
09-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Me thinks there are several in the national media have been waiting to unload on Egoli for many a moon. Now that opportunity has presented itself (not that the 09 Draft wasn't enough) it time for them to pile on Egoli.
Imagine if any of us in our respective fields had a success rate of ZERO. That's what the 09 Draft is and was for Egoli. When the most influential draft pick is a kicker taken with the final pick in the entire draft you shouldn't be able to keep your job.

After that draft, I felt betrayed. After all the "Pioli build up" I was shocked at the picks - especially the first round selection. It was a classic case of what NOT to do when drafting early. Ithought ,"HOW COULD THIS BE HAPPENING?" That was the first monent of doubt regarding Pioli. And - the picks kept getting worse and I realized that I could have done a beter job with ZERO prep time. Shoot, I'm not a draft guru by any means, and neither are any of us, but I bet that 99% of us would have had a better first draft than Scott Pioli. That is unacceptable to me. I'm staying away form the Cassel fiasco, but I see that as a blown # 2 draft pick as well. Just my opinion...

Detoxing
09-23-2011, 10:47 AM
developed Matt Cassel into a solid starter?

For Christ's sake...

if you don't watch the Chiefs, don't follow the Chiefs, and don't know about the Chiefs...don't ****ing write about the Chiefs.

This.

What an abortion of an article. I get it. You wanna pile on the Chiefs because everyone loves a good train wreck. But for FFS, at least know WTF you're talking about.

KCUnited
09-23-2011, 10:52 AM
I didn't realize X-Factor was black and worked for ESPN.

Props brother/H.Hogan voice.

Jack
09-23-2011, 11:55 AM

After three pages of talent evaluation, coaching am GM issues (not to say there is some effect), finally someone puts the truth of the mater where it should be.

This team will never improve until a hunt is done.

Hoover
09-23-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm sorry, but I think it was the right decision to not go after a bunch of FA's in the shortened offseason. We have a lot of upcoming young players that we need to keep. Next year is a different story.

whoman69
09-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Part of this mess we are never going to know is how much to attribute to Pioli and how much to Hunt. Clearly the team is not spending up to the cap. Is Pioli doing that to make his bottom line look better or because the owner said you have this much to spend. Certainly Hunt is not going to say nor is Pioli going to throw the owner under the bus unless he wants to look for work and never get it again. I tend to believe from the fact that over the last ten years we are consistently under the cap that it has to be from the ownership. Short sighted IMO. You spend money to make money. The more this team wins, the more jerseys get sold. The sellout of the stadium is no longer a given. Guess we don't have enough CP true fans.

Count Alex's Wins
09-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Pioli already said Hunt has never told him they couldn't afford someone.

So blame him.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 06:02 PM

the second he took over, he went the full rebuild through the draft route. Top to bottom.

That was the right call.

Anyone that expects a team going through a full blown rebuild though the draft to have a competitive salary cap figure is a ignorant fool.

Now that the players are getting through their first contracts, we are resigning the ones that have proven to have earned it and we started the year with that 30million figure and have since extended the contracts of Hali and Flowers with high dollar contracts.

No way we are even close to that 30 number anymore.

Marcellus
09-23-2011, 06:16 PM
the second he took over, he went the full rebuild through the draft route. Top to bottom.

That was the right call.

Anyone that expects a team going through a full blown rebuild though the draft to have a competitive salary cap figure is a ignorant fool.

Now that the players are getting through their first contracts, we are resigning the ones that have proven to have earned it and we started the year with that 30million figure and have since extended the contracts of Hali and Flowers with high dollar contracts.

Don't try logic here. Think outside the box.

Priest31kc
09-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Why are we, the fans, the only ones who are able to see Matt Cassel is the problem?

Ive been listening to 810 & 610 on and off during the week, and it seems like they're just piling on Pioli and Haley. Yes its Pioli's fault for Cassel being here, but I haven't heard them get on Cassel really at all.

Ace Gunner
09-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Why are we, the fans, the only ones who are able to see Matt Cassel is the problem?

Ive been listening to 810 & 610 on and off during the week, and it seems like they're just piling on Pioli and Haley. Yes its Pioli's fault for Cassel being here, but I haven't heard them get on Cassel really at all.

if you had to spend the last few seasons making shit up to save your job while the new staff of the organization you're covering is the source of your ailing, you'd talk the shit too.

KCChiefsFan88
09-23-2011, 06:38 PM

You are contradicting virtually every major media source who have all consistently said the Chiefs are at least $30 million under the cap.

What is your source?

Back up your shitty take.

Thig Lyfe
09-23-2011, 06:59 PM
and quarterback Matt Cassel has blossomed into a solid starter.

There is where I stopped.
A lot of people that look at box scores instead of seeing the games probably think this.

What's funny is that even people who just look at the box scores should have figured out by now that Matt Cassel is a piece of shit.

BossChief
09-23-2011, 07:15 PM
You are contradicting virtually every major media source who have all consistently said the Chiefs are at least $30 million under the cap.

What is your source?

Back up your shitty take.

www.math.com

All reports starting the year showed us at 30 million under the cap (not cash to cap...those are two different things)

After that, we re-signed Hali to a 5 year 60 million dollar contract with 35 million of it guaranteed. Lets say his first year salary AND his signing bonus both equaled the amount he was scheduled for with the franchise tag (which is absolutely foolish to suggest) lets say that keeps it at 30 million.

After that, we signed Brandon Flowers to a 5 year 50 million dollar contract with 22 million guaranteed.

Just using common sense and knowing that he was scheduled to make about 3 million this year...that would at least make a difference of 8-10 million dollars unless he got absolutely NO signing bonus and is just working off game checks.

There is absolutely NO WAY they are still 30 million under the cash cap after those two moves.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3626/tamba-hali
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4733/brandon-flowers

Three7s
09-23-2011, 07:17 PM

They'll never bash Cassel. Kietzman had a hardon for Cassel the instant the Chiefs made that trade.