PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Hey Topeka Peeps...Question for Ya

gblowfish
09-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Tonight I have tickets for Lewis Black at Topeka Performing Arts Center on 8th St. Downtown. Leaving right after work. Is there a decent place to grab a quick dinner nearby in that area, or do they roll up the sidewalks at night? Also, what's the parking situation down there? I know parts of Topeka are pretty rough. How's the area north of the Capitol?

gblowfish
09-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Anybody?

Buehler?
Buehler???

Saulbadguy
09-23-2011, 11:11 AM
IM ON IT

lcarus
09-23-2011, 11:12 AM
No answer to your question but I saw Lewis Black in Vegas a few years ago. Pretty cool. Wasn't his best material though. Haven't heard his newest stuff yet.

Mr_Tomahawk
09-23-2011, 11:12 AM
It's Friday...okay, make sure you wear ONLY magenta this evening. Any other color, well then my friend you will be sitting on a donut on your commute back home.

Saulbadguy
09-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Quick dinner, not many places stay open downtown at night but weekends are different.

Celtic Fox, The Office, The Kansan Grill, the Break Room should all be open and you should be able to get a reasonably quick meal. They are all in the vicinity of TPAC.

Parking won't be a problem, just be wary of your surroundings when walking back to your vehicle.

Saulbadguy
09-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Scratch that. The Office kitchen is open until 6. Break room closes at 4:30.

Celtic Fox, the Kansan Grill are both open late tonight.

The Globe Indian is great indian food, but not really all that quick.

Sorry, downtown kinda sucks at night. Here is a listing of all places downtown:

http://food.topeka.net/food/neighborhood/downtown

Saulbadguy
09-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I saw some guy there in a Chiefs jersey. Surely that wasn't you? If so, god bless you.

gblowfish
09-24-2011, 11:35 AM
I saw some guy there in a Chiefs jersey. Surely that wasn't you? If so, god bless you.
Nope. I had a couple beers at the Kansan Grill before the show.

Guru
09-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I wondered what was going on there last night as I pulled into work.