PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs buzz: KC to do its running by committee

Tribal Warfare
09-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Chiefs buzz: KC to do its running by committee (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/23/3162994/chiefs-buzz-kc-to-do-its-running.html)

Managing runners

With Jamaal Charles out of the lineup, the Chiefs will split the running back work in Sunday’s game against the Chargers between Dexter McCluster, Thomas Jones and perhaps Le’Ron McClain and even little-used Jackie Battle.

The amount of plays for each player might revolve around McCluster and how much work he can get. McCluster has more big-play ability than any of the others. But he’s only 170 pounds, and the Chiefs are sensitive to wearing him out so early in the season.

“We have a set number of plays, and I think the type of plays he’s running has something to do with it also,” offensive coordinator Bill Muir said. “We kind of have a number in our mind.”

That goes out the window if the Chiefs are somehow able to keep Sunday’s game close.

“We’ll do whatever we’ve got to do to win the game,” Muir said.

There are no such limitations on Jones, who is bigger than McCluster but 33 years old.

“Wherever he’s been, he’s loved to carry the ball,” Muir said. “We understand his age. No, we don’t have a plan. We’ll (give him the ball) until his tongue is hanging out.”

Haley liked hoodie

Todd Haley busted out a zipper-front red hoodie with a Chiefs logo for last week’s game in Detroit, and it wasn’t popular with Chiefs fans.

Haley was told by a reporter at his Friday news conference the hoodie made him look feminine.

“Things show up in our lockers and you get excited about some, not so excited about others,” Haley said. “I thought that was a good hoodie. Now that I hear that opinion, I’d better adjust.”

No word on what Haley will wear on Sunday. But the Chiefs will wear their red jerseys instead of the white they usually wear in San Diego.

Injury report

Tamba Hali (ankle) was listed by the Chiefs as probable for Sunday’s game after he completed a week of full participation in practice. Wallace Gilberry (neck) was listed as questionable after being a full participant Friday for the first time this week. Wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin (thumb) again will not play.

San Diego’s injury list is more extensive. Defensive end Luis Castillo (tibia) will not play. Listed as doubtful were three starters: wide receiver Malcolm Floyd (groin), defensive end Corey Liuget (ankle) and safety Bob Sanders (knee). Tight end Antonio Gates (foot) was listed as questionable, while receiver Vincent Jackson (abdomen), running back Mike Tolbert (calf) and cornerback Quentin Jammer (illness) were probable.

Bane
09-24-2011, 07:17 AM
NO shit.

ChiefButthurt
09-24-2011, 07:20 AM
The "hoodie" information was important. Sometimes football fans act gay.

TinyEvel
09-24-2011, 08:41 AM
I think the hoodie is Haley's version of Herm's Sweatervest. Every time Herm wore the sweatervest on the sidelines Chiefs got beat badly. Actually, every time Herm was on the sidelines.... :banghead:

BigMeatballDave
09-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Does the organization give them clown shoes, too?

Chiefshrink
09-24-2011, 09:20 AM
No word on what Haley will wear on Sunday.

How about a "Suck for Luck" hoodie then he will have 3/4 of the Chiefs fan base behind him.:thumb:

Chiefshrink
09-24-2011, 09:22 AM
RBBC, what other options are there:rolleyes:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Dang. Bob Sanders...just retire dude. Just retire.

Okie_Apparition
09-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Jackie Battle will make a play that will turn this game around.

notorious
09-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Jackie Battle will make a play that will turn this game around.

For San Diego?

Okie_Apparition
09-24-2011, 10:29 AM
You never know. He may get pushed into Cassel & Cassel's shoulder gets separated. You'll just have to watch Sunday

notorious
09-24-2011, 10:31 AM
You never know. He may get pushed into Cassel & Cassel's shoulder gets separated. You'll just have to watch Sunday

I will be holding my breath.

whoman69
09-24-2011, 11:13 AM
I would call the group the three stooges but with Battle I'm going to call them the Marx Brothers. Battle is Zeppo.

thurman merman
09-24-2011, 11:28 AM
“Wherever he’s been, he’s loved to carry the ball,” Muir said. “We understand his age. No, we don’t have a plan.

Well, that explains a lot.