PDA

View Full Version : Elections ... And the Florida Straw Poll winner is ...

orange
09-24-2011, 08:28 PM
... HERMAN CAIN! (new frontrunner, Paul fans? He must be - he won a straw poll)

Cain upsets Perry at Florida straw poll

From Andrew Rafferty, Carrie Dann, Jamie Novogrod

ORLANDO, Fla. – Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain claimed victory in today’s Florida straw poll, receiving more than double the amount of votes of front-runner Rick Perry.

Herman Cain upsets GOP front-runner Rick Perry with 37 percent of the vote in Florida's straw poll. NBC's Mike Viqueira reports.

Cain received 37 percent of the 2,657 delegate votes cast here today. Perry followed with 15.4 percent. Romney was a close third with 14 percent of the vote.

Cain spent this week campaigning in Florida along the I-4 corridor running between Tampa and Orlando. His events were held in front of local county Republican groups ripe with straw poll delegates. But his victory may also represent the result of Perry’s showing Thursday at the Fox/Google debate.

read more: http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/24/7943952-cain-upsets-perry-at-florida-straw-poll?ocid=ansmsnbc11

orange
09-24-2011, 08:36 PM
U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, who won the Iowa straw poll in August, finished with just 1 percent of the vote.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/24/perry-says-rivals-made-mistake-by-skipping-florida-test-vote/'%20rel='nofollow/#ixzz1YvLKc7

TWO spontaneous human combustions in one week!

BucEyedPea
09-24-2011, 08:43 PM
I saw that just a few minutes ago over at Lew's!

orange
09-24-2011, 09:09 PM
I saw that just a few minutes ago over at Lew's!

I was going to post the HuffingtonPost version just for spite but their damned bandwidth-killing ads pissed me off. :#

Mi_chief_fan
09-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Good for him. For his sake, I hope he doesn't catch Cancer again.

Ace Gunner
09-24-2011, 09:35 PM
out of curiosity, Orange, do you think the next president (whomever) has any chance of changing course?

Saul Good
09-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Why is Cain being ignored? He's ahead of Paul in the latest poll, and now he won a straw poll.

Election 2012 is going to be black on black.

PRIEST
09-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Why is Cain being ignored? He's ahead of Paul in the latest poll, and now he won a straw poll.

I will call it now . No way in hell will Cain be the GOP nominee.

Dave Lane
09-25-2011, 09:13 AM

Not a chance. Let him have a straw is fine but no way the GOP let's him in the front door of the white house.

Warrior5
09-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Not a chance. Let him have a straw is fine but no way the GOP let's him in the front door of the white house.

Why?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-25-2011, 10:06 AM
The Federal Reserve Apologist woo-hoo!

Saul Good
09-25-2011, 10:40 AM

I was being sarcastic. He's a terrible candidate.

SNR
09-25-2011, 11:36 AM
He survived cancer?

PUT THAT MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE

Undecided conservative voters are the dumbest people on the fucking planet.

Chocolate Hog
09-25-2011, 11:37 AM

What poll are you talking about?

BucEyedPea
09-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Good analysis of Cain by DoLorenzo.

Having attended the Florida Straw Poll event this weekend my belief that freedom will never return to America until both major political parties are destroyed was bolstered. Herman Cain won handily after laying out his basic philosophy in a fifteen-minute speech on Saturday. He wants to reform the tax code, he says, but IT WILL BE REVENUE NEUTRAL. That is a direct quote. This is D.C. Speak for "We will never cut taxes; tax revenues must never, ever, be reduced by any "tax reform."

On top of that, Cain insisted that, unlike others in D.C., he wants to INCREASE military spending even more than Obama has. So, he wants to guarantee that government spending will be even higher than it is now during the Obama regime. After saying all of this he was wildly cheered by the crowd of Florida Republicans, who then gave him more votes than Romney and Perry combined.

Mark Cross of the Florida Campaign for liberty was Ron Paul's surrogate for the end-of-conference, last-minute pitch. He came up with the best line of the entire event, explaining to the crowd that the media have chosen Perry and Romney as the only "acceptable" candidates because they represent the Al Gore and Ted Kennedy wings of the Republican Party, respectively. (Perry endorsed Al Gore when he ran for president, and Romney introduced socialized healthcare in Massachusetts).

BucEyedPea
09-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Laurence Vance of Florida's analysis:

Herman Cain won the Florida straw poll with more votes than Perry and Romney combined. Why? I can think of two reasons—and neither of them are that he is a warmonger, worked for the FED, supports the FairTax, supported Romney in 2008, supported TARP, and supports the Patriot Act. [ Gross! More of the same crap!]

The first reason is face time. [ Gotta agree!] Cain was in the debate on Thursday night. Then he spoke on Friday afternoon at CPAC Florida. Then he was the featured speaker at the VIP Reagan Reception on Friday night. Then he stayed around for closing arguments on Saturday afternoon before the straw poll (only Cain, Santorum, Gingrich, and Paul did this).

The second reason is the mention of his cancer during the debate on Thursday night. People are a sucker for things like this. (Yes, I'm glad he recovered).

Would Cain be a better black president than Obama? Probably. He is a warmonger, but not any more so than Obama. Although it would be interesting to see Cain and Obama battle it out for the black vote, [B]I would much rather see Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell. [ I would too!]

Yup! The Republican Establishment supports BIG govt and is left of center because that's what they're pushing. I became even more convinced of this the other night, when I watched O'Reilly touting Abraham Lincoln as the ideal in a leader ( NeoCon pov) and even came right out and claimed Buckleyite Conservativism as the right conservativism. This is National Review Neo Conservatism. I knew O'Reilly was never a conservative but could never quite place him—now I know. He didn't even know Lincoln was an atheist. This is what FOX pushes.

BucEyedPea
09-25-2011, 12:56 PM
BTW Romney won the Michigan Straw Poll with 51%. That's their homeboy though.

Saul Good
09-25-2011, 03:29 PM
What poll are you talking about?

Well, let's see...He's ahead of Paul in the latest poll. He won the straw poll. He's black.

There you go.

BigChiefFan
09-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Cain is an insider deluxe. He worked for the Federal Reserve. He's another bought and paid for politician.

banyon
09-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Cain is an insider deluxe. He worked for the Federal Reserve. He's another bought and paid for politician.

Huh? Did he cater the FOMC meetings with Pizza?

BigChiefFan
09-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Huh? Did he cater the FOMC meetings with Pizza?That's funny.

It's well-known he worked at Godfather's Pizza, but what isn't widely known is, he was on the Board of Directors for the Federal Reserve for 4 years, back in 90's.

BigChiefFan
09-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Here's some information on Cain-he's bought and paid for. Read the article and then get back to me. He's a poser...

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/05/herman-cain-federal-reserve-chairman-tea-party-champion/239519/

From the article..."His views were pretty consistent with those of the Fed at the time. Alan Greenspan was, of course, chairman and Herman was in lock stop with the policies of the Fed."

BucEyedPea
09-25-2011, 08:01 PM
That's funny.

It's well-known he worked at Godfather's Pizza, but what isn't widely known is, he was on the Board of Directors for the Federal Reserve for 4 years, back in 90's.

In Kansas City I believe. He wants to spend as much money as Obama, wants more war funding, supports the Patriot Act and TARP.

BucEyedPea
09-25-2011, 10:48 PM
I was always told to never give money to one of the parties—just candidates because it goes to corrupt uses.

The Republican Party in Florida Hates Ron Paul
From a participant in the Florida Straw Poll:
Via Laurance Vance of Florida over at Lews site.

In order to vote in that thing, you had to pay a bribe of $175 to the war party of Florida. I did it but I feel like a sucker now because that money could have gone to the Ron Paul campaign but instead will be spent to fight Ron Paul. Disgusting War Mongers totally manipulated the situation from a lose/lose to a win/win for them. I'm sick to my stomach now that I see what they did.

I am what you would call an infiltrator (--- of the --- County Republican Party) and they told me months ago that they were hoping the high price would "keep the Ron Paul crowd out."

Dean Cannon, speaker of the Florida House, wore a Rick Perry sticker on stage and told people that he was "Florida's Candidate."

You hit the nail on the head about the cancer thing. I was sitting next to a lady that said that since he had beaten cancer he could beat Obama. I laughed so hard that the Sprite I was drinking shot out of my nose.[

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/95415.html

BigChiefFan
09-26-2011, 12:03 AM
I was always told to never give money to one of the parties—just candidates because it goes to corrupt uses.They'll stoop to any level to maintain control. Time to tell everybody you know, voting for the establishment isn't going to cut it this next election.

Give me Liberty or give me death.

patteeu
09-26-2011, 08:20 AM
I was always told to never give money to one of the parties—just candidates because it goes to corrupt uses.

Haha. Republicans are "dirty" when they hold a pay-to-vote straw poll that Ron Paul gets demolished in, but "Ron Paul is rolling now!"* when he wins a pay-to-vote straw poll.

_______
* Not quoting anyone specifically here. Just giving an example of the typical comment.

patteeu
09-26-2011, 08:22 AM
They'll stoop to any level to maintain control. Time to tell everybody you know, voting for the establishment isn't going to cut it this next election.

Give me Liberty or give me death.

Does that mean you're going to kill yourself if Ron Paul loses? Don't do it. You'll grow up someday and realize this was just a childish phase.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 08:25 AM
No, pat, they priced to to make it too expensive for grassroots folks. You missed that part.
Look how stupid they are when one can say Cain can beat Obama because of his cancer story. LMAO

I think you need to go back to hugging your World Govt man Dick Cheney.

patteeu
09-26-2011, 08:30 AM
No, pat, they priced to to make it too expensive for grassroots folks. You missed that part.
Look how stupid they are when one can say Cain can beat Obama because of his cancer story. LMAO

I think you need to go back to hugging your World Govt man Dick Cheney.

How much can Ron Paul voters afford to pay to get Paul to the top of a meaningless straw poll? All of these pay-to-vote straw polls price me out.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Hmmmm, wonder why the Texas GOP cancelled their Straw Poll?

Because Ron Paul would have won it.

This is the same GOP that redistricted Paul out of his district in way to lose by putting him a minority and union dominated district.

Like I said, the GOP Establishment is dirty.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2011, 09:50 AM
I have to admit, Cain Vs. Obama would be fun to watch. How would the Libs play the race card?

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 10:14 AM
I have to admit, Cain Vs. Obama would be fun to watch. How would the Libs play the race card?

They'd use the Oreo card? :hmmm:

patteeu
09-26-2011, 10:51 AM

They're used to pretending that black conservatives aren't legitimately black.

Otter
09-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Cain is pretty tough on illegal immigrants. Who you gonna cry to when a brother decides that we're all subject to the same laws sporange?

Cain would certainly be better than bum **** barry. The best thing barry could do for this country is fall down a well and vanish. He's a disgrace.

Otter
09-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Say what you want about the KKK (I don't like them either by any stretch btw) you bitch, at least those rednecks admit they're racist. You hide it behind well wishes veiled in hate.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Cain is pretty tough on illegal immigrants. Who you gonna cry to when a brother decides that we're all subject to the same laws sporange?

I wonder if this has to do with him being black. I say this because the blacks are really liking the idea of having to compete with illegal immigrants that are Hispanic. There's competition there.

Otter
09-26-2011, 02:53 PM
I wonder if this has to do with him being black. I say this because the blacks are really liking the idea of having to compete with illegal immigrants that are Hispanic. There's competition there.

In a long term view it's nothing to do with race. When our grandchildren are having kids I'm pretty sure race is going to be looked at with the same sillyness that slavery and burning Jews is looked at today. It's stupid. But it's really easy to call a white politician racist because he thinks that people should have have to go thru some process to enter a country for the well being and safety of people already there.

And people like Orange and KC****FACE break out the race card at the drop of a hat when it's a matter of simply of being bound to some simple rules that keep people safe. It's a double standard and these liberals use race to further their agenda. I hope Cain comes in and shoves his boot up peoples asses who support sanctuary cities and amnesty because it will blur the race factor in the matter. Hopefully eliminate it. If you for some reason feel that your above the laws that keep people safe because we're still trying to figure out how to handle people coming and going go throw yourself off a bridge while you piss on the same liberties you take advantage off.

You're not above the law that controls shit no matter how much you whine like a bitch. Yes, this is a sore spot for me.

Otter
09-26-2011, 03:09 PM
And that slime ball, no good hunk of shit in the white house is about to give another amnesty to his illegal uncle after drinking and driving topped off with identity theft with a fake SSN that we would be in jail for.

Stew on that for a while you decide who to vote for.

orange
09-26-2011, 04:20 PM
Say what you want about the KKK (I don't like them either by any stretch btw) you bitch, at least those rednecks admit they're racist. You hide it behind well wishes veiled in hate.

You are a fucking moron - just like I said on your reps. I've said nothing about race anywhere in this entire thread.

Where you even dream I've said anything racist is a mystery only a psychoanalyst could solve - I suggest you see one right away.

orange
09-26-2011, 04:22 PM

I would love to see that. I truly would. How would you guys then continue to claim Obama is the affirmative action president when he's overwhelmingly re-elected?

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 04:25 PM
In a long term view it's nothing to do with race. When our grandchildren are having kids I'm pretty sure race is going to be looked at with the same sillyness that slavery and burning Jews is looked at today. It's stupid. But it's really easy to call a white politician racist because he thinks that people should have have to go thru some process to enter a country for the well being and safety of people already there.

And people like Orange and KC****FACE break out the race card at the drop of a hat when it's a matter of simply of being bound to some simple rules that keep people safe. It's a double standard and these liberals use race to further their agenda. I hope Cain comes in and shoves his boot up peoples asses who support sanctuary cities and amnesty because it will blur the race factor in the matter. Hopefully eliminate it. If you for some reason feel that your above the laws that keep people safe because we're still trying to figure out how to handle people coming and going go throw yourself off a bridge while you piss on the same liberties you take advantage off.

You're not above the law that controls shit no matter how much you whine like a bitch. Yes, this is a sore spot for me.
I have a typo in that post you quoted. I meant to say blacks don't like competing with the Hispanics. They don't like sharing victim status with them because then they have to share their plunder.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 04:26 PM
You are a ****ing moron - just like I said on your reps. I've said nothing about race anywhere in this entire thread.

Where you even dream I've said anything racist is a mystery only a psychoanalyst could solve - I suggest you see one right away.

We have one here—sportshrink. :p

JK otter.

Chocolate Hog
09-26-2011, 04:27 PM

Good post. Rep.

Otter
09-26-2011, 06:04 PM
You are a ****ing moron - just like I said on your reps. I've said nothing about race anywhere in this entire thread.

My view on you isn't from this post orange. You've been posting for 11 years. Save your bullshit for someone who hasn't been reading your shit for so long. We're all sold out of horseshit on this end.