PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Yep...Chan Gailey sucks...

munkey
09-25-2011, 02:23 PM
...that is all...

Bane
09-25-2011, 02:25 PM
That was fucking CRAZY!!!!!!

Fritz88
09-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Why we fired him?

Bane
09-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Nah I saw that coming.

eazyb81
09-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Todd Haley is too smart to work with him.

threebag02
09-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Gimmick

The Bad Guy
09-25-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm eating a whole shit ton of crow about Chan Gailey and his ability to be a head coach.

Bravo to him. Really, really impressive.

munkey
09-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Why we fired him?

Because Haley is a know it all when it comes to offense...starting to think Pioli was drinking the Haley Kool-aid..

mnchiefsguy
09-25-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm eating a whole shit ton of crow about Chan Gailey and his ability to be a head coach.

Gailey was average when he was Dallas to be sure, but it is starting to look like he has learned since then and has improved his coaching. Buffalo is looking good right now.

pr_capone
09-25-2011, 02:36 PM
loved the guy before he got here. it is shameful that kc fired him.

BCD
09-25-2011, 02:37 PM

Bravo to him. Really, really impressive.It's amazing what a coach can do with a QB not named Matt Cassel.

munkey
09-25-2011, 02:38 PM
loved the guy before he got here. it is shameful that kc fired him.

Kinda like another OC they fired...where is he now? Oakland? :cuss:

Bane
09-25-2011, 02:39 PM
It's amazing what a coach can do with a QB not named Matt Cassel.

Bing bing bing!

munkey
09-25-2011, 02:39 PM
there's something a miss with the chief organization....you can only live in the past for so long...

BossChief
09-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Of all the teammates Thomas Jones hits in the face, he cant hit Cassel in the face after shit like this?

munkey
09-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Of all the teammates Thomas Jones hits in the face, he cant hit Cassel in the face after shit like this?

LMAO

This season was over before it started...EVERYONE on this BB knew it..those that had a clue....

tk13
09-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Fitzpatrick was obviously decent today but he also threw a horrific INT that was negated by PI that gave Buffalo the ball at the 1. Probably saved the game for them. If Cassel had thrown that pass someone would've come out of the stands and murdered him. Let's not start talking about him like he's Andrew Luck.

BmoreBills
09-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Actually, the interception by the Bills when the Pats were driving being up 24-17 already was far more important. The penalty only would have given the Pats the ball back with a lot of time left in the game.

Brady threw FOUR interceptions and didn't get sacked once. Truly an amazing, amazing experience. I'm completely stunned by what happened today more than anything.

shocked
09-25-2011, 03:19 PM
It was a rather bizarre game for both QBs.

If you take away the INTs, both were pretty much having their way with the defenses.

Usually multiple INTs are indicative of all around crappy QBing, and today simply wasn't the case....just rather random individual plays.

notorious
09-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Gailey was average when he was Dallas to be sure, but it is starting to look like he has learned since then and has improved his coaching. Buffalo is looking good right now.

Gailey was left with nothing after the dynasty ended.

notorious
09-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Actually, the interception by the Bills when the Pats were driving being up 24-17 already was far more important. The penalty only would have given the Pats the ball back with a lot of time left in the game.

Brady threw FOUR interceptions and didn't get sacked once. Truly an amazing, amazing experience. I'm completely stunned by what happened today more than anything.

Did Brady catch the Casselflu?

Oh, wait, he still threw the ball more then 3 yards.

BmoreBills
09-25-2011, 03:27 PM
It was a rather bizarre game for both QBs.

If you take away the INTs, both were pretty much having their way with the defenses.

Usually multiple INTs are indicative of all around crappy QBing, and today simply wasn't the case....just rather random individual plays.

The Patriots have failed to commit to the running game, and when they got a good run out of Ridley they went back to Green-Ellis. Whoever is making the decision to abandon the running game and not giving Ridley more carries should be fired, and if Belichick is doing it then he needs to reassess. I expect Ridley will be the starter very, very soon. That REALLY helped with the INTs...

keg in kc
09-25-2011, 03:31 PM

Bravo to him. Really, really impressive.Ditto.

shocked
09-25-2011, 03:33 PM
The Patriots have failed to commit to the running game, and when they got a good run out of Ridley they went back to Green-Ellis. Whoever is making the decision to abandon the running game and not giving Ridley more carries should be fired, and if Belichick is doing it then he needs to reassess. I expect Ridley will be the starter very, very soon. That REALLY helped with the INTs...

"Abandon" the run? NE had 26 carries for 108 yards at 4.2 YPC. They kept running late in the game too, on that final drive. I'd say they did a pretty solid job of sticking with the run especially in light of BJGE getting stuffed on run downs.

But yeah, lets fire the coach (Belichick) who made BJGE the starter. He only had a 1000 yards last year. Not like Ridley was getting most of his runs on draws, when the Bills were looking pass either....

Sounds like you are just throwing out some football cliches here....

GloryDayz
09-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Don't a lot of folks "succeed" after they leave KC... It's Clark Hunt's plan... He hates all of us in KC...

chop
09-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Maybe Gailey will turn into another Marv Levy for them. Marv Levy did ok there after K.C. let him go.

lcarus
09-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Todd Haley is too smart to work with him.

LMAO

LiveSteam
09-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Right now Pats D would make Cassel look like a pro bowler. Worst 2 units in the NFL right now. #1 KC Offense,#2 Patriots Defense. .

Brainiac
09-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Right now Pats D would make Cassel look look a pro bowler. Worst 2 units in the NFL right now. #1 KC Offense,#2 Patriots Defense. .

Let's not get carried away here.

The Bad Guy
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Right now Pats D would make Cassel look look a pro bowler. Worst 2 units in the NFL right now. #1 KC Offense,#2 Patriots Defense. .

Yeah, it's not even close.

The Chiefs offense is by far without question the worst unit in the NFL. Seattle's O is a distant 2.

BCD
09-25-2011, 04:23 PM

Don't be stupid. Oakland has a pretty good D. Bills have a good O. 30+ points in 3 consecutive games.

BmoreBills
09-25-2011, 04:29 PM
"Abandon" the run? NE had 26 carries for 108 yards at 4.2 YPC. They kept running late in the game too, on that final drive. I'd say they did a pretty solid job of sticking with the run especially in light of BJGE getting stuffed on run downs.

But yeah, lets fire the coach (Belichick) who made BJGE the starter. He only had a 1000 yards last year. Not like Ridley was getting most of his runs on draws, when the Bills were looking pass either....

Sounds like you are just throwing out some football cliches here....

When the Patriots were UP in the game big, they decided to abandon the running game and it cost them the lead AND turnovers that we converted. I watched the entire game, so I can tell you that it was a bad decision and it made forcing turnovers without a pass rush a lot easier.

PASS PASS RUN PASS PASS PASS PASS RUN PASS PASS RUN
RUN PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS RUN PASS RUN RUN PASS
PASS RUN PASS PASS PASS RUN PASS PASS

21 to 8 PASS while winning. We tied it, and then they started running the ball more. Winning, successful teams do NOT succeed by having this lopsided a pass/run ratio with a lead.

LiveSteam
09-25-2011, 04:36 PM
When the Patriots were UP in the game big, they decided to abandon the running game and it cost them the lead AND turnovers that we converted. I watched the entire game, so I can tell you that it was a bad decision and it made forcing turnovers without a pass rush a lot easier.

21 to 8 PASS while winning. We tied it, and then they started running the ball more. Winning, successful teams do NOT succeed by having this lopsided a pass/run ratio with a lead.

No tall buildings in Buffalo ?

munkey
09-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Don't a lot of folks "succeed" after they leave KC... It's Clark Hunt's plan... He hates all of us in KC...

It's the "Hunt" plan....Clark is merely following in Daddy's footsteps...

BmoreBills
09-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Also, Rodney Harrison said that the Patriots are too one dimensional and any time you throw the ball as often as they do with as much pressure on the offense to score all the time, you're bound to make mistakes.

jeremy2020
09-25-2011, 06:10 PM

Jerry Jones (a man known for admitting his mistakes ;) ) says that letting Gailey go was one of his biggest mistakes.

Chiefshrink
09-25-2011, 07:32 PM
...that is all...

Yep, and so does Ryan Fitzpatrick according to "beachtribe":rolleyes::p

Brianfo
09-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Fitzpatrick was obviously decent today but he also threw a horrific INT that was negated by PI that gave Buffalo the ball at the 1. Probably saved the game for them. If Cassel had thrown that pass someone would've come out of the stands and murdered him. Let's not start talking about him like he's Andrew Luck.

He is better than our QB. Argument fail.

crazycoffey
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM

that crow would taste sweet if Chan was still here...

Brianfo
09-25-2011, 07:39 PM

Pats will win a lot of games, but bow out early. You HAVE to be able to run the ball in the playoffs. Kudos to the Bills, they let everyone know that they are not a fraud.

jspchief
09-25-2011, 07:39 PM
What, an 0-3 start to the season isn't bad enough? Now I have to put up with listening to some dumbass bills fan with some hog's glamour shot as an avatar?

crazycoffey
09-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Kudos to the Bills, they let everyone know that they will not be looked passed next week.

fyp

The Bad Guy
09-25-2011, 08:02 PM
What I've really wondered for a long time about Gailey and Haley not mixing is if Gailey told Haley that he couldn't win with Cassel.

It all seemed very odd to me that they went through an entire training camp together, talked about philosophies, and then he gets whacked the week before.

Deberg_1990
09-25-2011, 08:06 PM
What I've really wondered for a long time about Gailey and Haley not mixing is if Gailey told Haley that he couldn't win with Cassel.

It all seemed very odd to me that they went through an entire training camp together, talked about philosophies, and then he gets whacked the week before.

Who knows? But im pretty sure he was kept around so long because Pioli and Haley told Clark they would give him a fair chance. Clark was paying him a decent amount of money.

tk13
09-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Surely not. Gailey was out there chucking it around with Thigpen. I'd still rather have Cassel than Thigpen.

BmoreBills
09-25-2011, 08:10 PM
What, an 0-3 start to the season isn't bad enough? Now I have to put up with listening to some dumbass bills fan with some hog's glamour shot as an avatar?

You don't have to listen, and I've done nothing for you to call me a dumbass. We went 4-12 last year and started off 0 and forever, so don't give me that.

Chiefshrink
09-25-2011, 08:18 PM
He is better than our QB. Argument fail.

Precisely:thumb:

LiveSteam
09-25-2011, 08:28 PM
You don't have to listen, and I've done nothing for you to call me a dumbass. We went 4-12 last year and started off 0 and forever, so don't give me that.

See that tall building in the distance. Fat girl on the roof wants to talk to you

jspchief
09-25-2011, 08:38 PM
and I've done nothing for you to call me a dumbass.

1. You're a bills fan hanging out on a Chiefs board on gameday. Dumbass.

2. You're arguing about a bills/pats game on a Chiefs board, as if any of us give 2 shits. Dumbass.

3. You keep posting pics of fat hogs like they are hot. Dumbass.

BmoreBills
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
1. You're a bills fan hanging out on a Chiefs board on gameday. Dumbass.

2. You're arguing about a bills/pats game on a Chiefs board, as if any of us give 2 shits. Dumbass.

3. You keep posting pics of fat hogs like they are hot. Dumbass.

Say what you want, but if you think I give two shits about you or what you think, then you're delusional. Get over it, because I'm not leaving just because you choose to act like a little kid.

no love
09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
We had the same discussion last week.

Chan's awesome.
We fired the wrong coach... (not really)

Give the man his due. He is a good coach.

Go Bills

tk13
09-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Apparently the Bills are the first team to come back from 18+ point deficits in two straight weeks, ever.

Also, it's like we're trapped in 1994. The Lion King is the #1 movie in theaters, people are celebrating Nirvana's music all weekend, and Chris Berman is screaming "Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills" on ESPN.

B_Ambuehl
09-25-2011, 11:13 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213026

LiveSteam
09-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Say what you want, but if you think I give two shits about you or what you think, then you're delusional. Get over it, because I'm not leaving just because you choose to act like a little kid.

Get over your Bills n00b. It took 16 tries & some luck to get that 1 win.
& stop sending me messages Nancy boy!
Now go circle a building, & jump

Rausch
09-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Surely not. Gailey was out there chucking it around with Thigpen. I'd still rather have Cassel than Thigpen.

At least with Thiggy we'd have a guy that plays like a really good 3rd stringer and gets paid like a really good 3rd stringer...

MahiMike
09-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Just think where we'd be with him here. He could have all 3 QBs ready to go. This will be the decision that gets Haley fired. Not Cassel.

jspchief
09-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Gailey did a pretty impressive job in kc considering what he had to work with. I don't ever remember actually wanting him to go.

That being said, you can't bring in a new head coach and not completely buy in to what he's doing. Expecting him to stick with coordinators that don't fit his vision just isn't feasible.

Chiefnj2
09-26-2011, 09:10 AM
That being said, you can't bring in a new head coach and not completely buy in to what he's doing. Expecting him to stick with coordinators that don't fit his vision just isn't feasible.

That's the problem. So far, two good OC's haven't fit Haley's vision. To date, Haley's own vision of offense sucks.

mcaj22
09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Chan and Thiggy made this team more competitive and fun to watch when you knew the team was going to lose versus what we have now in Cassel/Muir/Haley/the rest of this dog and pony show.

jspchief
09-26-2011, 09:57 AM
That's the problem. So far, two good OC's haven't fit Haley's vision. To date, Haley's own vision of offense sucks.

I agree completely. Haley's OC issues are my biggest beef with our current coaching situation. There are definately concerns with Haley's ability to build a staff.

But I just don't think its realistic to sit here and say he should have kept a holdover coordinator, 2 years after the fact.

Deberg_1990
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM

ROFL.

Gailey is what we thought he was.

PGM
12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Sooo, where are all the Bills trolls at? We need a good ole fashion cripple fight in here.

O.city
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
That Fitzpatrick contract was pretty damn dumb.

Douche Baggins
12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
That Fitzpatrick contract was pretty damn dumb.

I don't think it was. He's a good QB who isn't surrounded by much talent.

O.city
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
They have some talent on offense. Fred Jackson going down really hurt them.

Okie_Apparition
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
They need a puma roaming around their practice facility

Deberg_1990
12-04-2011, 09:23 PM
I don't think it was. He's a good QB who isn't surrounded by much talent.

He's ok. Nothing really special though.