PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Our defense really isn't that bad

Shaid
09-25-2011, 05:20 PM
If our offense actually did something and stopped putting them in horrible positions I think we're fine on D. I do still want to see us apply more pressure.

Now the offense is another story...:doh!:

MichaelH
09-25-2011, 05:22 PM
The defense played very well today. With a better offense the game was in the bag.

Robo-Chachi
09-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Defense played well coupled with Rivers playing bad.

Three7s
09-25-2011, 05:24 PM
The defense played very well today. With a better QB the game was in the bag.
fyp

58-4ever
09-25-2011, 05:25 PM

Rivers played "bad" because Hali was all up in his shit....

Pasta Giant Meatball

The hits on Rivers contributed to that Chachi. Great effort by the D wasted by Suckup and Cassel shitting his pants on a screen pass.

Okie_Apparition
Chargers Super Faggots kept the offense on the field giving them some rest

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2011, 05:27 PM
The Chargers were flat today, it looked like they were just going through motions

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-25-2011, 05:32 PM
The Chargers were flat today, it looked like they were just going through motions

Did Norv whipser that to you??

BWillie
09-25-2011, 05:36 PM
O ya? You forget we let up 41 and 48 points last couple of weeks?

xztop12
09-25-2011, 05:36 PM
having tyson jackson in the starting lineup hurts us worse than having no eric berry at all

BigMeatballDave
09-25-2011, 05:37 PM
SI've been saying that. People seem to forget about all the fucking Turnovers.

BigMeatballDave
09-25-2011, 05:39 PM
O ya? You forget we let up 41 and 48 points last couple of weeks?

It's very annoying when people post retarded shit like this. Do you know what turnovers are?

BossChief
09-25-2011, 05:40 PM

bullshit

we brought more blitzes today than the other two games combined, I bet.

Thats the difference in how our defense played.

Priest31kc
09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Sabby Piscatelli needs to go. Seriously, how can they not see how horrible he is? There's not one damn safety out there better than him?

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
bullshit

Okay, we will see next time but San Diego didn't have there head in the game for some reason IMO.

FAX
09-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Sabby Piscatelli needs to go. Seriously, how can they not see how horrible he is? There's not one damn safety out there better than him?

I could give up billions of yards with 22 safeties off the street.

FAX

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Okay, we will see next time but San Diego didn't have there head in the game for some reason IMO.

Rivers getting knocked silly had quite a bit to do with that.

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 05:45 PM
I could give up billions of yards with 22 safeties off the street.

FAX

That's on Pioli and given all the injuries, the Cassel fail and lack of depth, Pioli is the turd in the punch bowl.

The team played hard for Haley today, Cassel out sucked the rest of them.

cabletech94
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
that stop on 4th down was NAILS!!!!
this DEF is still gonna be fun to watch.

Rain Man
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM

My theory is that they brought him in for special teams and never intended to have him on the field on defense. Unfortunately, that plan lasted for five plays in 2011.

I'm trying to figure out why I keep seeing Kendrick Lewis, McGraw, and Picitelli on the field. And then Washington was on the field today. Is the league letting us play three safeties since ours are so bad?

Rain Man
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM

That may have been the high point of my season. That was awesome. I know that Gregg played a big part, and Belcher may have been the biggest part, but I couldn't tell who else was involved on the line. Anyone know?

And they should've called that horrendous face mask on Dorsey, too.

WhiteWhale
09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
My theory is that they brought him in for special teams and never intended to have him on the field on defense. Unfortunately, that plan lasted for five plays in 2011.

I'm trying to figure out why I keep seeing Kendrick Lewis, McGraw, and Picitelli on the field. And then Washington was on the field today. Is the league letting us play three safeties since ours are so bad?

Nah, Romeo has 'big' nickle and dime packages with 3 safeties.

I'm not sure why he's still using them with Berry out, but we did it a lot last season with McGraw/Berry/Lewis.

kstater
09-25-2011, 05:56 PM

Having CB's go down is helping aid that. Piscatelli is a body that can stand up.

ThaVirus
09-25-2011, 05:58 PM

This. I'M better than that guy.. PUT ME IN, COACH!

Okie_Apparition
09-25-2011, 06:09 PM
The Chargers being a known commodity helps

milkman
09-25-2011, 06:12 PM
bullshit

But we still rarely used Houston as a pass rusher.

milkman
09-25-2011, 06:13 PM

Another time when I don't disagree with you, but still....

You are a fucking idiot.

Rain Man
09-25-2011, 06:14 PM
But we still rarely used Houston as a pass rusher.

It seems as if they view Houston as our third-best rushing LB at best. Hali is first, of course, but Sheffield seems to be the designated pass rusher before Houston.

milkman
09-25-2011, 06:21 PM
It seems as if they view Houston as our third-best rushing LB at best. Hali is first, of course, but Sheffield seems to be the designated pass rusher before Houston.

I don't get it.

BTW, Andy Studebaker has to feel like the forgotten man.

BossChief
09-25-2011, 06:25 PM
I don't get it.

they must see an obvious weakness in his game that they want to work on and think Sheffield is more well rounded?

milkman
09-25-2011, 06:27 PM
they must see an obvious weakness in his game that they want to work on and think Sheffield is more well rounded?

You mean like the one is which he gets his ass beat consistently and can not contain the edge?

keg in kc
09-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Still too soft (playcalling) for my taste, but they're coming along. Really good seeing them get so many hits on Rivers today. Wish they'd kept the pedal on the gas after the first series of the second half, when he gimped off.

Hard to complain about the results against that team on their homefield, though. Bad luck on a couple early fumble bounces and Johnson's dropped pick late in the game were the only things that really stand out. Jackson's going to get his catches, and we always have trouble with TEs, going back a decade or more.

Rain Man
09-25-2011, 06:30 PM
I don't get it.

Yeah, he went from projected starter to apparently the third string guy.

I was really surprised to see Sheffield come back. I figured for sure that his career was over before it started.

BossChief
09-25-2011, 06:31 PM
You mean like the one is which he gets his ass beat consistently and can not contain the edge?

yup....he did look to be improved in coverage today, though.

O.city
09-25-2011, 06:31 PM
As much as I hate to say it....Tyson Jackson played pretty well today when I was watching.

Rain Man
09-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Still too soft (playcalling) for my taste, but they're coming along. Really good seeing them get so many hits on Rivers today. Wish they'd kept the pedal on the gas after the first series of the second half, when he gimped off.

Hard to complain about the results against that team on their homefield, though. Bad luck on a couple early fumble bounces and Johnson's dropped pick late in the game were the only things that really stand out. Jackson's going to get his catches, and we always have trouble with TEs, going back a decade or more.

It did seem like every bounce went against us, didn't it? That one receiver fumbled with Chiefs all around and the ball bounced up right into his falling arms. And then there was another fumble where it looked like we were going to end up with it and somehow it bounced right toward a Charger. And then Flowers makes an interception and return and then apparently gets shot by a sniper, because there's no other explanation.

keg in kc
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Tyson Jackson played pretty well today when I was watching.Said the same thing on the game thread, but somebody else would have to take a closer look. I'm at work and it's a 13-inch tube TV.

keg in kc
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
It did seem like every bounce went against us, didn't it? That one receiver fumbled with Chiefs all around and the ball bounced up right into his falling arms. And then there was another fumble where it looked like we were going to end up with it and somehow it bounced right toward a Charger. And then Flowers makes an interception and return and then apparently gets shot by a sniper, because there's no other explanation.Snakebit...

BossChief
09-25-2011, 06:37 PM
As much as I hate to say it....Tyson Jackson played pretty well today when I was watching.

He always plays well against SD for some reason.

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
He always plays well against SD for some reason.

Oddly enough, true. I hadn't made the connection.

Must be how Rivers doesn't play as well against KC in reverse.

Weird.

Brianfo
09-25-2011, 07:30 PM

Chargers will never win anything with Philip Rivers at the helm. He has a great arm, but shit for brains. Don't look now but Raider nation is ready to stake their claim. McFadden is already one of the top 5 backs in the leauge. If they had a qb they would be dangerous. Al has finally got it figured out. Speed kills. We might not win a fukn game in the AFC West this year.

Chiefshrink
09-25-2011, 07:42 PM
but San Diego didn't have there head in the game for some reason IMO.

Seriously, you can't figure out why they were flat?

Put yourself in their shoes watching tape of us the previous 2 weeks watching Cassel sh** all over himself and our D giving up 100pts and knowing 2/3rds of our playmakers our out and that we would have trouble beating a college team. The sub-conscious is brutal in those types of situations and takes great discipline to take every opponent seriously even when you see them deficating all over themselves.

Chiefshrink
09-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Don't look now but Raider nation is ready to stake their claim. McFadden is already one of the top 5 backs in the leauge. Al has finally got it figured out.

Only if Al staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays out of the way like he is doing now. Al ain't got it figured out because as soon as the credit starts going to the coaches and players and not him is when he will sabotage his own team(a la Gruden)

Count on it:thumb:

Just sit back and watch the show:popcorn:

Backwards Masking
09-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Defense isn't nearly as bad as our offense, but it hasn't exactly played like a Top 10 unit the past 3 games either (though did play decent today at SD).

Anyone else notice on SNF tonight it says NFL FUTBOL Americana at the bottom of the screen? What's up with that?

Chiefshrink
09-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Anyone else notice on SNF tonight it says NFL FUTBOL Americana at the bottom of the screen? What's up with that?

It's the NFL political correctness of honoring the illegals;). It's Hispanic month or something like that.

delta9disciple
09-25-2011, 07:59 PM

When the other team is off ,you have to attack as a team. capitalize on there mistakes. We should be the authority on this ! The teams we have played have done this too us , but we can't seem to make a 38 yard field goal on our first turnover of the game, and then at the end when our D stood up 'we failed in the play calling dept. and once again Matt Cassel is to blame.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-25-2011, 08:00 PM
If our offense actually did something and stopped putting them in horrible positions I think we're fine on D. I do still want to see us apply more pressure.

Seriously? It was just one game.

delta9disciple
09-25-2011, 08:01 PM

When the other team is off ,you have to attack as a team. capitalize on there mistakes. We should be the authority on this ! The teams we have played have done this too us , but we can't seem to make a 38 yard field goal on our first turnover of the game, and then at the end when our D stood up 'we failed in the play calling dept. and once again Matt Cassel is to blame.

Backwards Masking
09-25-2011, 08:25 PM
It's Hispanic month or something like that.

Maybe true, but every time I google Futbol I come up with this:

http://basenorte.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/futbol.jpg

Buckweath
09-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Defense isn't nearly as bad as our offense, but it hasn't exactly played like a Top 10 unit the past 3 games either (though did play decent today at SD).

If not for Berry and Flowers out, our defense played easily like a top 10 unit today. Thse Chargers were talked as possibly the best offense in the league before the season and even without Gates, that team can put those 265 passing yards and 120 rushing yards on pretty much any defense.

I've never had any worry about our defense.

O.city
09-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Also thought Houston and Sheffield have been a bright spot along with Gordon on the line. Surprise TJax showed up today and Belcher played well. This D has a chance to be very good if Berry and Flowers come back. With a little more depth at a few spots they are lookin better.

cabletech94
09-25-2011, 10:41 PM
That may have been the high point of my season. That was awesome. I know that Gregg played a big part, and Belcher may have been the biggest part, but I couldn't tell who else was involved on the line. Anyone know?

And they should've called that horrendous face mask on Dorsey, too.

exactly.

i know the refs can't "see" everything, but that, and hali being held almost EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY.

lcarus
09-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Hali goes into beast mode on every single god damn snap. He's a straight up monster. It's amazing for someone that's near the QB on every ****ing play that he rarely gets held according to our striped asshole officials. My theory is that it plays into the NFL's new policy "Whatever it takes to protect a QB is legal"

Trevo_410
09-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Maybe true, but every time I google Futbol I come up with this:

http://basenorte.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/futbol.jpg

got to google futbol americano, i don't see why it matters tho, theres hardly any latinos who play american football

WV
09-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Also thought Houston and Sheffield have been a bright spot along with Gordon on the line. Surprise TJax showed up today and Belcher played well. This D has a chance to be very good if Berry and Flowers come back. With a little more depth at a few spots they are lookin better.

The radio annoucers mentioned that Gordon was a local star RB in high school....big change!

Tribal Warfare
09-25-2011, 11:12 PM

I'd love to know if Powe isn't on the active roster because can't read the travel itinerary when the bus stops on gameday.

KC Tattoo
09-25-2011, 11:52 PM

Yea, untill they return a pick for a win & we lose on Luck Oh the irony..

EyePod
09-26-2011, 05:39 AM
The hits on Rivers contributed to that Chachi. Great effort by the D wasted by Suckup and Cassel shitting his pants on a screen pass.

And those are normally the only passes that Cassel can make...

MahiMike
09-26-2011, 08:59 AM
Never seen so many ducks in 1 game by Rivers. He looked horrid.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 09:03 AM

We are no where fine or close to fine on Defense...

We have a long long way to go before this defense can stop anyone in the playoffs...

Especially a TE... Gates would of raped us Shannon Sharpe style yesterday if he was heathly...

suds79
09-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Never seen so many ducks in 1 game by Rivers. He looked horrid.

Agreed. Was he playing hurt? It looked like it.

TEX
09-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Was there a Tyson Jackson sighting???

frankotank
09-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Hali goes into beast mode on every single god damn snap. He's a straight up monster. It's amazing for someone that's near the QB on every ****ing play that he rarely gets held according to our striped asshole officials. My theory is that it plays into the NFL's new policy "Whatever it takes to protect a QB is legal"

unless your last name is Vick....

lcarus
09-26-2011, 09:26 AM
unless your last name is Vick....

The pocket preppys get the best protection.

Pestilence
09-26-2011, 09:31 AM
1. Blitzed more.
2. No Antonio Gates.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2011, 10:48 AM
1. Blitzed more.
2. No Antonio Gates.

Only 1 turnover, instead of 4 or 6. Even that 1 turned out to be a killer.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Chargers will never win anything with Philip Rivers at the helm. He has a great arm, but shit for brains. Don't look now but Raider nation is ready to stake their claim. McFadden is already one of the top 5 backs in the leauge. If they had a qb they would be dangerous. Al has finally got it figured out. Speed kills. We might not win a fukn game in the AFC West this year.

Chiefs will still beat Denver at home. "Herm" Fox has neutered thier passing game.

Okie_Apparition
09-26-2011, 11:45 AM
got to google futbol americano, i don't see why it matters tho, theres hardly any latinos who play american football

Latinos are projected to be the majority in the US in a short order. That's just fact. They blew past blacks in population % awhile back