PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Did "Suck for Luck" gain anymore fans the past 30 minutes

Mr. Arrowhead
09-25-2011, 05:42 PM
LMAO im still in disbelief with what I witnessed

Dayze
09-25-2011, 05:43 PM
cassel just needs better protection and better receivers. ~

cabletech94
09-25-2011, 05:45 PM
LMAO im still in disbelief with what I witnessed

if it didn't, some people have a tough time accepting reality.

Okie_Apparition
09-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Suck For Luck should be shelved for chants for "Palko!". The results will be the same but more immediate

KCChiefsFan88
09-25-2011, 05:46 PM

Yep give Cassel the Chiefs early 2000's offensive line with Roaf/Shields and the Lambs "Greatest Show on Turf" WRs and maybe he could be at Kyle Boller's level.

(And I know your being sarcastic with your above statement).

keg in kc
Not me. I just don't have the makeup to actively root for my team to lose.

Fruit Ninja
when cassel gets behind he can throw the ball downfield a little, in the first half when they give him that option, he throws 3 yards EVERYTIME.

He just doesnt get it. Its a good thing though. Chiefs really got outplayed most of that game and had no real business even that close, but the D played tough.

acarter25

This. Thank you

Fruit Ninja
09-25-2011, 05:47 PM

eh, i joke about it, but i wanted them to win today and every game, but i just wont be upset or mad AT ALL if they lose. It just doesnt bother me, because i know this team is BAD.

jd1020
09-25-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm not on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon because I don't think we are getting the #1 pick. We have the 2nd highest SOS and we will beat 1 of the 3 other 0-3 teams.

I'll be perfectly content with Jones/Foles.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-25-2011, 05:48 PM
We need an official "Suck 4 Luck" avatar.

(I'm looking at you Claythan)

Fruit Ninja
09-25-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm not on the "Suck for Luck" bandwagon because I don't think we are getting the #1 pick. We have the 2nd highest SOS and we will beat 1 of the 3 other 0-3 teams.

I really dont think we will win many, but you also have to remember that other teams even the shitty ones will win a few as well.

We really really do have a shot at this.

tredadda
09-25-2011, 05:49 PM

And better coaches, and better RBs etc..... Too many excuses for this guy. He needs to go.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Nope, they aren't the worst team in the league. I'm afraid all the suck and injuries will be all for not.

kstater
09-25-2011, 05:50 PM
if it didn't, some people have a tough time accepting reality.

No, I'm just not a retard. I don't root for the team I cheer for to lose. Retard.

KCrockaholic
09-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Chiefsplanet is the home of "Suck4Luck".

We need an official banner up top.

Old Dog
09-25-2011, 05:52 PM
We have the 2nd highest SOS
What you, (and many others) apparently fail to realize is that SOS is tabulated AFTER the season.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Seattle helped us out, they won, and they will prolly win 4 or 5 times with the shitty division

jd1020
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
I really dont think we will win many, but you also have to remember that other teams even the shitty ones will win a few as well.

We really really do have a shot at this.

We have to be THE worst team. We can't tie someone. I don't see it happening.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-25-2011, 05:53 PM

10 future hall of famers around him and we're good

Priest31kc
09-25-2011, 05:55 PM

It really is hard. When he threw the pick, I was numb for like 10 minutes, but then I just thought of "Suck for Luck" and I was fine. I went through the 2007-2009 seasons, I can do it again if it means we get the best QB prospect since Manning.

keg in kc
09-25-2011, 05:56 PM

We really really do have a shot at this.After today, I'm not as convinced that they do. We'll see how the next two weeks play out. Maybe today's game being close was an aberration. Maybe it wasn't.

Setsuna
09-25-2011, 05:56 PM

Jones is a choke artist. Foles too. They play in weak conferences. Get over them. Won't amount to anything.

jd1020
09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
What you, (and many others) apparently fail to realize is that SOS is tabulated AFTER the season.

Ya. I'm sure all the playoff teams we play this year are going win us the SOS tiebreaker because they all fell flat on their face.

keg in kc
09-25-2011, 05:58 PM
It really is hard. When he threw the pick, I was numb for like 10 minutes, but then I just thought of "Suck for Luck" and I was fine. I went through the 2007-2009 seasons, I can do it again if it means we get the best QB prospect since Manning.I'm okay with losing - as long as it's like today; I can't handle blowouts. And I'll be thrilled if they get Luck. I don't think there's much of a chance they do, but I'll be thrilled by it.

What I can't do is sit and watch a game and actively root against them, or take some kind of joy out of them playing poorly, or players being hurt, or things going terribly wrong...

jd1020
09-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Jones is a choke artist. Foles too. They play in weak conferences. Get over them. Won't amount to anything.

Nick Foles is completing 70% of his passes and has a 10:0 TD:INT ratio... What a fuckin choke artist.

munkey
09-25-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm okay with losing - as long as it's like today; I can't handle blowouts. And I'll be thrilled if they get Luck. I don't think there's much of a chance they do, but I'll be thrilled by it.

What I can't do is sit and watch a game and actively root against them...

I'll never root against them...I will however say I can't root for the same shit anymore...I really want to see them be successful...But this shit is getting REALLY old!

Pawnmower
09-25-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm okay with losing - as long as it's like today; I can't handle blowouts. And I'll be thrilled if they get Luck. I don't think there's much of a chance they do, but I'll be thrilled by it.

What I can't do is sit and watch a game and actively root against them, or take some kind of joy out of them playing poorly, or players being hurt, or things going terribly wrong...

perfectly said...

I can't believe all of the morons who do those things....its disgusting.

bishop_74
09-25-2011, 06:03 PM
I would love to get Luck next year, but it's no fun to watch how horrible we played the first 2 games of the season. Today we were at least competitive.

FAX
09-25-2011, 06:04 PM

I have the same problem, Mr. keg in kc.

I would gladly pour flaming cat urine down Cassel's shorts, but I still prefer to see the team win.

FAX

acarter25
09-25-2011, 06:04 PM
perfectly said...

I can't believe all of the morons who do those things....its disgusting.

This

BigMeatballDave
09-25-2011, 06:10 PM
We have to be THE worst team. We can't tie someone. I don't see it happening.
We don't have the worst TEAM, but we do have the worst QB. A solid QB and we are a play off team.

Son of Logical
09-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Where do I sign up for Suck4Luck? I do wish we would start Stanzi for the rest of the year, at least figure out what we have in that guy, but he might be good enough to win us a few games.... Better not risk it.

58kcfan89
09-25-2011, 06:11 PM

I'm not going to get into the whole "Suck for Luck" vs. "wanting the Chiefs to win" thing, because no one's changing each other's mind.

That said, I'd rather watch a blowout loss than a close one. I generally get detached from the game much earlier when the team's getting blown out and accept the loss pretty early, as opposed to being invested in every play, only to lose close at the end. But I can certainly understand the logic of preferring close games. JMO.

The Bad Guy
09-25-2011, 06:13 PM
How isn't there much of a chance we get the first pick? I don't get this. We've lost our 3 best players to injury, we have a QB worse than Kerry Collins, and a much tougher schedule than any of the other bottom feeders.

keg in kc
09-25-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm not going to get into the whole "Suck for Luck" vs. "wanting the Chiefs to win" thing, because no one's changing each other's mind.Oh, I'm not trying to change anybody's mind or even making any kind of value judgement. Just stating the simple fact that I can't watch a game with a team I care about and want to lose.That said, I'd rather watch a blowout loss than a close one. I generally get detached from the game much earlier when the team's getting blown out and accept the loss pretty early, as opposed to being invested in every play, only to lose close at the end. But I can certainly understand the logic of preferring close games. JMO.It probably has something to do with expectations. I expected to lose today (and last week). Still, losing today was disappointing, while not surprising. But last week? I guess you're right as far as detachment goes, because I turned that game off. Which is basically the point: I won't even watch a blowout. There's absolutely nothing redeeming about it, no reason to watch. A game like today was at least entertaining in the second half, and the defense was competitive for basically the whole game. I'll take that over a blowout loss every day of the week and twice on Sunday...

If the Chiefs had/have many more games like weeks 1 and 2, there would eventually be a point where I'd stop watching Chiefs games at all this season, and probably sooner rather than later. Whereas losses like today's don't really bother me as much in that sense.

Okie_Apparition
09-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Suck For Luck is common amoung former trolls. Strangely I don't find it tempting :shrug:

ChiefsCountry
09-25-2011, 06:27 PM
We've lost our 3 best players to injury.

Moeki isn't better than Hali, Bowe, Derrick Johnson, or the corners.

jd1020
09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Moeki isn't better than Hali, Bowe, Derrick Johnson, or the corners.

He's still on the team? I haven't seen him since last season. Thought we cut him.

Okie_Apparition
09-25-2011, 06:30 PM
The dropped INT, you should be a DB

Pawnmower
09-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Where do I sign up for Suck4Luck?

in the biggest airport in any major metropolitan area.....just tap the guys foot under the wall to stall next to you

Chiefnj2
09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
I was hoping they would win.

Unlike other years when KC blew a golden opportunity and I'd get mad, I just laughed when Cassel threw the pick and said "1 step closer to a franchise QB".

Also, game management was horrible.

dirk digler
09-25-2011, 06:37 PM

Just try it you might find out that you might like it.

tk13
09-25-2011, 06:38 PM
I think some people are way too emotionally invested in it already. It's only week 3. We're going to see some homicidal shooting sprees when we end up with the #2 pick.

Who knows though really, we are definitely in the running. But when you're talking about the absolute #1 pick, that's tough to do. I'm definitely confident we can achieve a top 5 pick... but there is so much terrible football being played I'm not going to go beyond that yet.

kstater
09-25-2011, 06:39 PM
I think some people are way too emotionally invested in it already. We're going to see some homicidal shooting sprees when we end up with the #2 pick.

Let's not forget, Jake Locker was the undisputed next HOFer this time last year.

dirk digler
09-25-2011, 06:42 PM
I think some people are way too emotionally invested in it already. It's only week 3. We're going to see some homicidal shooting sprees when we end up with the #2 pick.

Who knows though really, we are definitely in the running. But when you're talking about the absolute #1 pick, that's tough to do. I'm definitely confident we can achieve a top 5 pick... but there is so much terrible football being played I'm not going to go beyond that yet.

It is going to be tough. I just looked at the Dolphins schedule and I don't see a win except maybe against the Donkeys and the Chiefs.

tk13
09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Let's not forget, Jake Locker was the undisputed next HOFer this time last year.

Yeah, but Luck is probably going to be a superstar. Never liked Locker. There was a time everyone would've tanked the season for Brian Brohm. I'm really the only one who knows anything around here anyway.

:)

milkman
09-25-2011, 06:50 PM

I haven't seen a lot of coolege football, but from what I have seen, I was impressed by Foles, who really isn't getting help and still makes plays.

This kid, Jones. plays on one of the most talented teams in the country, and he makes me think of Cassel with the Patriots.

doomy3
09-25-2011, 06:54 PM

So, do you think Luck will be better than Foles because he plays in a better conference than him?

whoman69
09-25-2011, 07:46 PM

Check Down didn't have enough talent behind him to look good when he got in the Pro Bowl last year.

aturnis
09-25-2011, 10:10 PM

That's the beauty of it, you don't have to, it'll just happen. You just need to root for Indianapolis, Minnesota, Miami and St. Louis to win.

Trevo_410
09-25-2011, 10:13 PM
I haven't seen a lot of coolege football, but from what I have seen, I was impressed by Foles, who really isn't getting help and still makes plays.

This kid, Jones. plays on one of the most talented teams in the country, and he makes me think of Cassel with the Patriots.

THIS

Nightfyre
09-25-2011, 10:25 PM

Pfft. Locker was never the prospect Luck is. He was the consensus number one going in, but not nearly as consensus as Luck.

BigMeatballDave
09-25-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm not rooting against the Chiefs. I cant do it. However, Cassel has sucked all the excitement out of this for me. I cant get excited. So, after they lose, I just shrug it off. After about 20 seconds of trying to decipher what Cassel did at the end of todays game, I just giggled for a half hour.

BigMeatballDave
09-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Let's not forget, Jake Locker was the undisputed next HOFer this time last year.By who? :spock:

Discuss Thrower
09-25-2011, 10:32 PM

Until I see cdcox stats thread, I'll believe #1 pick destiny when it's 11:00pm Sunday of week 17.

splatbass
09-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Just try it you might find out that you might like it.

Rooting for your team to lose is like rooting for the guy in the bar to pick up your wife. I just can't do it. It is wrong.

suzzer99
09-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Rooting for your team to lose is like rooting for the guy in the bar to pick up your wife. I just can't do it. It is wrong.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/suzzer99/oie_268759xp8znwy02.gif

BossChief
09-26-2011, 12:54 AM
I see Thomas Jones met you friend in the gif...

splatbass
09-26-2011, 01:13 AM
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/suzzer99/oie_268759xp8znwy02.gif

No need for me to deal with anything you do. You aren't that important.

KurtCobain
09-26-2011, 01:27 AM
We should've just drafted Clausen at five.

KC Tattoo
09-26-2011, 01:42 AM

I will forever believe that the ONLY reason Matt Cassel played good for the Pats is from the fear of GOD in Bill Bellicheck. I saw he was scared shittless if he mucked up a play and had to face the wrath of BB.

What Cassel did good was run around out side the pocket and then run for yards to make first downs happen, and then he could throw to some damn good WRs there. Cassel didn't have time to think but just to react as he was thrust on the field with a team with huge asperations to go back to the SB.

Now he thinks about his throws, makes a decision to throw it, as he makes that decision to throw it he conjures up confidense in his throw and by the time he should have thrown it, it's too late, either off target to reciever or he gets sacked or throws INT. I don't think he can prossess the timing in his head to make timing a part of his game to be effective.

Count Zarth
09-26-2011, 01:48 AM
We need an official "Suck 4 Luck" avatar.

(I'm looking at you Claythan)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6016/suckforluckav.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/suckforluckav.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Sofa King
09-26-2011, 07:42 AM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6016/suckforluckav.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/suckforluckav.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Nominated.

Chocolate Hog
09-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Haha

LeRon_McClain44 Le'Ron McClain
@
@Billuminati100 thanks
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Billuminati100
@
@LeRon_McClain44 No way bruh #suck4luck
16 minutes ago Favorite Reply Delete

LeRon_McClain44 Le'Ron McClain
We will overcome this... 5-3 at the end of the 2 quarter of the season... #CHIEFS
26 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Pestilence
09-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Nominated.

I see you're finally on board. About fucking time...

suzzer99
09-26-2011, 10:42 AM
No need for me to deal with anything you do. You aren't that important.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1277/internetseriousbusinessk.jpg