PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Flowers Update

kstater
09-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Brandon Flowers update

Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers, the latest member of his team to leave a game with an injury, told The Star after Sunday's 20-10 loss that he suffered an ankle injury, not a knee, against the Chargers.
He said he was hopeful that the injury was just a bad sprain but that he would undergo X-rays when he returns to Kansas City. The good news, he said, was that he was able to walk in the locker room afterward. The potential bad news is that, Flowers said, he received an injection to dull the pain but that he could still feel it.
He said if there's any way he'll be able to play next week against Minnesota, he'd be in the starting lineup.
Flowers suffered the injury after intercepting a deep pass from San Diego's Philip Rivers and returning it 50 yards.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1836

This will probably piss a lot of people off.

Pawnmower
09-25-2011, 06:40 PM
thanks

cdirty
09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
well....

not an ACL!!!

milkman
09-25-2011, 06:44 PM
An ankle really set Flowers back last year.

Bane
09-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Acl tear fail!

kcchiefsus
09-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Dude is always injured

jd1020

I would hope not. We've already got 3 young, key, players with potential career altering injuries. Why would anyone hope for a 4th young player to go down with the same shit.

kstater
I would hope not. We've already got 3 young, key, players with potential career altering injuries. Why would anyone hope for a 4th young player to go down with the same shit.

You underestimate the collective retard of this board.

pr_capone
09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
at least it isnt season ending.

jd1020
09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
You underestimate the collective retard of this board.

Probably true.

Claynus
09-25-2011, 06:47 PM
You could be out for weeks, Brandon.

tk13
09-25-2011, 06:48 PM

I think there are people who would root for the team plane to crash if it got us Luck.

doomy3
09-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Good deal. Break the cycle of these damn ACL tears.

jd1020
I think there are people who would root for the team plane to crash if it got us Luck.

I'm all for getting a franchise QB but even Peyton hasn't one more than 1 on his own, and we KNOW he's a HOFer.

KCrockaholic
We need Brandon Out vs Minnesota and Indy.

KCrockaholic
09-25-2011, 06:50 PM
The good thing is, we are getting these injuries out of the way early in the season. It would not be so good if all these was happening late December and the recovery times interfered with mini-camps and such.

BossChief
09-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Weird.

He goes down and immediately grabs his knee and the trainers were seemingly working with his knee.

Same thing for Hali last week and they said it was an ankle.

Almost seems a bit fishy.

jd1020
09-25-2011, 06:52 PM
Weird.

He goes down and immediately grabs his knee and the trainers were seemingly working with his knee.

Pulled a Grant.

BossChief
09-25-2011, 06:53 PM
The good thing is, we are getting these injuries out of the way early in the season. It would not be so good if all these was happening late December and the recovery times interfered with mini-camps and such.

SFL goes for fake injuries, too.

-not sure if serious-

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 06:53 PM
At some point Clay is going to super fuck us with his BS wishes.

Not all ACL tears and injuries can be fully recovered from.

We are losing key FUTURE talent to serious injuries. It's not funny and not a joke. There is a chance some of those guys don't come back the same.

He was wishing shit on Hali and other players in the game.

There is wanting to get Luck, and there is being a dumbass.

We all know who the dumbass is.

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Weird.

Radio said ankle almost immediately. I posted it it in the game thread.

GloryDayz
09-25-2011, 06:55 PM
LOL, maybe his ACL is in his ankle...

KCrockaholic
09-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Radio said ankle almost immediately. I posted it it in the game thread.

He was grabbing his knee though. And they were moving his leg in a motion checking the knee...Sooo...IDK..

Chocolate Hog
At some point Clay is going to super **** us with his BS wishes.

We are losing key FUTURE talent to serious injuries. It's not funny and not a joke. There is a chance some of those guys don't come back the same.

I'd say the chances of Charles not being the same are very good. I agree though cheering and joking for injuries is fucking stupid. With that said we'll be picking first in every round. No reason why we don't get atleast 3 more players that can ball.

BossChief
LOL, maybe his ACL is in his ankle...

ACL is twitter for Ankle... :shrug:

luv
09-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Brandon Flowers update

Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers, the latest member of his team to leave a game with an injury, told The Star after Sunday's 20-10 loss that he suffered an ankle injury, not a knee, against the Chargers.
He said he was hopeful that the injury was just a bad sprain but that he would undergo X-rays when he returns to Kansas City. The good news, he said, was that he was able to walk in the locker room afterward. The potential bad news is that, Flowers said, he received an injection to dull the pain but that he could still feel it.
He said if there's any way he'll be able to play next week against Minnesota, he'd be in the starting lineup.
Flowers suffered the injury after intercepting a deep pass from San Diego's Philip Rivers and returning it 50 yards.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1836

:spock:

KCrockaholic
09-25-2011, 06:58 PM
At some point Clay is going to super fuck us with his BS wishes.

I can't wish anything on Hali. I feel like he can't afford to take a major injury like that. I think it would ruin his career. I feel like Berry and Charles will come back about the same. Especially Berry. But I think Hali and Bowe are two guys we can't have go down.

doomy3
Yeah, Wes Welker will never be the same either after tearing his ACL. That guy could have been good too.

InChiefsHell
:spock:

My first thought. Did those assholes even watch the game?

Chocolate Hog
09-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Yeah, Wes Welker will never be the same either after tearing his ACL. That guy could have been good too.

Yeah, Slot WR and RB are two different positions too.

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 07:01 PM
I'd say the chances of Charles not being the same are very good. I agree though cheering and joking for injuries is ****ing stupid. With that said we'll be picking first in every round. No reason why we don't get atleast 3 more players that can ball.

If we get the 1st pick fine but if we deplete the rest of the team doing it it will cost us several more years.

Don't wish ill on good players to get draft picks. That's ****ing stupid.

If it were Sabbi or McGraw or Richardson, fine. Don't **** with the talent.

This team likely wins today with the 3 players we have already lost. I don't want anybody else down. Period.

Except Cassel.Un-period apparently.

KCrockaholic
09-25-2011, 07:02 PM

Wes still has the same speed and short area burst that he always had. He came back 100%. Hopefully Jamaal does the same.

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Wes still has the same speed and short area burst that he always had. He came back 100%. Hopefully Jamaal does the same.

I don't like betting on hope. I hoped Cassel would improve, he digressed.

Chocolate Hog
09-25-2011, 07:03 PM
I hope Charles comes back 100%. Luck, Charles, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin will be unstoppable.

KCrockaholic
09-25-2011, 07:05 PM
I don't like betting on hope. I hoped Cassel would improve, he digressed.

That's all we have to rely on.

Brainiac
09-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Priest Holmes tore his ACL in college. He was a pretty good running back in the NFL, so you can stop saying the Jamaal Charles can't be the same player after he recovers.

jd1020
09-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I hope Charles comes back 100%. Luck, Charles, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin will be unstoppable.

If I had 1 pick to pick who would come back 100% it would be Berry.

Charles is good and all, but RB's are a dime a dozen. We've had 3 of the best back to back to back. Hell... if the Chiefs can toughen up McCluster and fix his Peterson hands he'd be a hell of a RB.

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Priest Holmes tore his ACL in college. He was a pretty good running back in the NFL, so you can stop saying the Jamaal Charles can't be the same player after he recovers.

Nobody is saying he won't be. It's possible he isn't the same like any player with an ACL issue.

I will not root or laugh for injuries. Period. It's too much of a gamble.

Woods was a hell of a safety until he broke his leg. That shouldn't have been an issue. But it was.

BossChief
09-25-2011, 07:11 PM
I wonder if there is a list somewhere of all players that have had ACL tears in the last 10 years.

alnorth
09-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Sounds like this injury might be serious. Lets sit him for 3 weeks just to be sure!

doomy3
09-25-2011, 07:13 PM
I wonder if there is a list somewhere of all players that have had ACL tears in the last 10 years.

I just ran a google search for this without much success.

KCrockaholic
09-25-2011, 07:14 PM

KC Star had something on it last week. Guys who came back as good as ever, and guys who were never the same.

But it's KC Star so it was VERY watered down information.

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 07:15 PM
KC Star had something on it last week. Guys who came back as good as ever, and guys who were never the same.

Maybe Whitlock should do an article and we can see how race and Jeff George play a roll as well as Pioli's ego.

BossChief
09-25-2011, 07:29 PM

those were from earlier case studies though iirc.

Id like to see guys over the last 5-7 years because medical science is always advancing and learning from past mistakes.

I like the chances for all three to come back to near full strength because they should have a full year to recover due to the timing of the injuries. They are also very young players and their bodies should be able to recover faster.

It all comes down to if they trust the knee after rehab and I think if the three of them work at this together (which undoubtedly will be the case) they can not only recover faster and come back, but will also develop a bond between them that will help the leadership core of this team next year help rally this team around a young, rookie quarterback to lead us into the next Era of Chiefs football.

(trying to stay positive)

Chocolate Hog
09-25-2011, 08:36 PM

Running backs that tore their ACL off the top of my head: Orlandis Gary, Edgerin James, Cadilac Williams, Ronnie Brown.

Chocolate Hog
09-25-2011, 08:38 PM

Hey dipshit did I say he for 100% wouldn't? I said he might be effected the most out of the guys we have who tore the ACL because Charles game relies on speed and quick cuts.

BossChief
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM
I hope all three of them have Priest Holmes on speed dial through the process.

There were very few players that bounced back from injuries better than him.

KCrockaholic
09-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Running backs that tore their ACL off the top of my head: Orlandis Gary, Edgerin James, Cadilac Williams, Ronnie Brown.

Willis McGahee I believe.

Claynus
09-25-2011, 08:42 PM
if the three of them work at this together (which undoubtedly will be the case) they can not only recover faster and come back, but will also develop a bond between them that will help the leadership core of this team next year help rally this team around a young, rookie quarterback to lead us into the next Era of Chiefs football.

3 knees for 15 years

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 08:45 PM

Not an encouraging list.

O.city
09-25-2011, 08:45 PM
TBH I think nowadays with torn ACLs the player actually comes back stronger in that knee than they were before.

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 08:47 PM
TBH I think nowadays with torn ACLs the player actually comes back stronger in that knee than they were before.

You are thinking of Tommy John Surgery. I have never heard that about ACL's.

Claynus
09-25-2011, 08:49 PM

That happened with Priest.

Bump
09-25-2011, 08:50 PM
We need Brandon Out vs Minnesota and Indy.

this

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 08:51 PM
That happened with Priest.

That doesn't make it a pattern.

Not saying anyone will be worse but never heard of being stronger after ACL surgery.

BossChief
09-25-2011, 08:53 PM
On the "trying to stay positive about this", another benefit of all of them getting injured so early in the year is that they have plenty of time to recover properly.

If these happened later in the year, the rehab would be rushed and maybe them getting back onto the field would be, too.

O.city
09-25-2011, 08:57 PM

Maybe, It's late and I've been on an all day study bender so I'm pretty beat.

Marcellus
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
On the "trying to stay positive about this", another benefit of all of them getting injured so early in the year is that they have plenty of time to recover properly.

If these happened later in the year, the rehab would be rushed and maybe them getting back onto the field would be, too.

No doubt it happening earlier is better than later. Recovery time is about a year.

Claynus
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
That doesn't make it a pattern.

Not saying anyone will be worse but never heard of being stronger after ACL surgery.

Happened to Kampman too.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/429812/tania-ganguli/2010-08-23/aaron-kampman-explains-why-he-thinks-his-knee-stronger

O.city
09-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Also these guys aren't just getting run of the mill therapy and treatment. They are getting the best money can buy.

DA_T_84
09-25-2011, 09:05 PM
I'd say Wes Welker recovered nicely.

Sofa King
09-25-2011, 09:08 PM

Never heard of him.

KCrockaholic
09-25-2011, 09:12 PM

Different position! !!

DURRRR

DA_T_84
09-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Well no shit. Many of the same principles, though.