PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Boston Globe takes note of Suck for Luck

KCChiefsFan88
09-25-2011, 09:43 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2011/09/25/nfl_linebackers_struggle_as_high_draft_picks/?page=3

It’s not exactly family-friendly, but we wouldn’t be doing our job if we didn’t point out that “Suck for Luck’’ campaigns are sprouting up all over the country. They are where downtrodden fans go to pine for their team to tank this season in order to select Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the first overall pick next spring. The biggest bandwagons are in Miami, Indianapolis, Minnesota, Seattle, and, surprisingly, Kansas City.

It feels like just yesterday that former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel was the toast of the town in Kansas City and the recipient of a six-year, $63-million contract. Now some fans want Cassel, coach Todd Haley, and general manager Scott Pioli out after the season. And they’ve even vowed to cheer the opponent to see it happen - especially in games against the Vikings, Colts, Dolphins, and Broncos, who could be rivals for the top pick. Cassel has four interceptions in two games after tossing seven all of last season. By the end of this season, Cassel will have collected about $40 million on his contract. He’s more cuttable in 2012, when his cap charge is $5.5 million, than in the final two years ($7.7 million and $9.2 million). “With any football team, you have to have a short memory, and you have to keep pushing forward, and that’s what this group is doing,’’ Cassel said.

KCrockaholic
09-25-2011, 09:46 PM
We played way too well today. Keep starting Cassel. Keep Flowers out the next 3 weeks, and hell maybe even Baldwin. Must. Keep. Sucking.

KCChiefsFan88
09-25-2011, 09:48 PM
We played way too well today. Keep starting Cassel. Keep Flowers out the next 3 weeks, and hell maybe even Baldwin. Must. Keep. Sucking.

We have two very dangerous weeks upcoming... Minnesota and Indy.

Suck for Luck is heading towards some turbulence these next two weeks.

However, I do have complete faith in Cassel to keep us on track for Suck for Luck.

Trevo_410
09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
We need to hire this guy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2Bf5F7Sfju0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pawnmower
09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
we will beat the vikings!

L.A. Chieffan
09-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Patriot fans love the smell of their own shit. Even when its in somebody else's outhouses

Trevo_410
09-25-2011, 09:51 PM

peterson and jared allen will rape us...we suck more than them

KC Hawks
09-25-2011, 09:55 PM
When was Cassel the "toast of the town"?

notorious
09-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Matt Cassel was never the toast of KC.

JFC

notorious
09-25-2011, 09:57 PM

Beat me to the punch. :D

Setsuna
09-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Sounds like that guy has been lurking CP. Find him and call his a$$ out!

Guru
09-25-2011, 10:19 PM
When was Cassel ever the toast of the town?

bowener
09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
This town never toasted Cassel.

lcarus
When was Cassel ever the toast of the town?

They were implying that since he got a big contract, he was loved by all. Well they clearly have no ****ing insight into our fanbase. That much we know now.

thurman merman
peterson and jared allen will rape us in the first half, and then disappear in the second half...we suck more than them in the first half.

fixed your post

Demonpenz
Eric Warfield was the toast of the town

zonachief
09-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Sammie parker was the toast of the town!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-25-2011, 10:29 PM

Dude, just let it go

It's over, get on the suck 4 Luck wagon

Chiefs Pantalones
09-25-2011, 10:29 PM
When I watch the games I wonder if some of the fans even know football or they just got their tickets for free. I'm talking about the ones that have Cassel jerseys. Did they get them for free? Are they casual fans that don't know he sucks? Are they so drunk that they don't know they're wearing Cassel jerseys?

The Bad Guy
09-25-2011, 10:31 PM
We also aren't going into Indy and winning. Those ends will destroy Albert and Richardson.

lewdog
09-25-2011, 10:34 PM
We also aren't going into Indy and winning. Those ends will destroy Albert and Richardson.

Those ends will also destroy Cassel's right knee, rendering him useless. Palko will come in to dominate and the suck for luck campaign will be over. :(

BigChiefFan
09-25-2011, 10:34 PM
I don't like how they infer that because you want to draft Luck it equates to also wanting Haley and Pioli ran out of town. I think Pioli has done a good job and with all the injuries and having Cassel as QB, I believe Haley deserves another year.

BigChiefFan
09-25-2011, 10:35 PM

Gaither lined up at RT today.

ChiefsCountry
09-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Those ends will destroy Albert and Richardson.

I don't know about that. Last year Freeney only had one tackle against us. Albert will be fine.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-25-2011, 10:46 PM
I don't like how they infer that because you want to draft Luck it equates to also wanting Haley and Pioli ran out of town. I think Pioli has done a good job and with all the injuries and having Cassel as QB, I believe Haley deserves another year.

If that's the case they better extend Haley's contract because players won't play for a lame duck head coach with one year remaining on his contract. IMO, Haley is done, especially after the season we're about to have. I know there's been injuries, etc, but the NFL doesn't wait. Pioli knows that. Pioli isn't innocent either, but Haley is about to take the fall.

4th and Long
09-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Palko will come in to dominate and the suck for luck campaign will be over. :(
Palko will come in and do what he did in the preseason. Throw INTs. :D

BossChief
09-25-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't know about that. Last year Freeney only had one tackle against us. Albert will be fine.

He did pretty good against him, but Moeaki helped out on Mathis a lot.

Mathis is just the kind of player that has fucked Richardson up in the past.

The Albert/Jared Allen matchup should be good and very telling as to where both are 3 years after the trade.

BigChiefFan
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
If that's the case they better extend Haley's contract because players won't play for a lame duck head coach with one year remaining on his contract. IMO, Haley is done, especially after the season we're about to have. I know there's been injuries, etc, but the NFL doesn't wait. Pioli knows that. Pioli isn't innocent either, but Haley is about to take the fall.

We'll see. I won't exactly shed a tear if Haley is fired, but I think, given he's been hamstrung with Cassel, he may have another year or two. I don't know why, but my recollection is Haley signed a five year deal.

crazycoffey
09-26-2011, 12:11 AM
so did the lions suck for johnson and stafford?

MoreLemonPledge
09-26-2011, 12:19 AM
THE TOWN NEVER TOASTED CASSEL

Count Zarth
09-26-2011, 12:30 AM

quality post LMAO

crazycoffey
09-26-2011, 12:40 AM

toasted about town? sure, many times.

Hog Farmer
09-26-2011, 01:53 AM
When we draft Luck then Cassel will be toast !

HemiEd
09-26-2011, 06:09 AM
Gaither lined up at RT today.

You couldn't miss him when hey singled him out for the holding penalty.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2011, 06:18 AM
I remember when Steve Bono was the "Toast of KC" back in 95. Good times.

Rausch
09-26-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm still stunned that people think Pioli would draft Luck.

Tribal Warfare
09-26-2011, 06:36 AM

It would be Clark's pick to spark interest amongst the fans, it would be a bad business decision if they don't because they'll have a revolt on their hands.

Clark maybe a very mild football fan, but he's a businessman who looks at the bottom line concerning dollars and cents . The whole thing would be an executive order.

Amnorix
09-26-2011, 07:07 AM

Why do you think he wouldn't?

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Why would any grown man want to suck some thing for Luck?

So should we rename CP from Chiefsplanet to Cockholsterplanet for you guys?

Rausch
09-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Why do you think he wouldn't?

Based on everything he's said here he's not into the big splash/fan favorite moves. He believes in slowly, conservatively, building a team.

When you make comments like he did after the draft this year about how he likes the position we're in and would like to draft a QB every year I don't think he's talking about in the top 5.

I don't think he feels the need to take a QB with a top 5 pick. He thinks can find one in the later rounds, and much cheaper, and would be better off trading down and getting more picks.

Most years I would agree. This year I think if KC is in position to get a top QB, and that's the QB we have rated the best, we should pull the trigger.

I just don't think he'll use that pick on a QB. Perhaps with the slotting and the money and contracts being easier to work out he'd be more likely...

Chiefnj2
09-26-2011, 07:29 AM
Nobody knows what Pioli is thinking on draft day. Jackson was a surprise until a few days before the draft when it was leaked KC was interested in him. Tons of rumors that he wouldn't take a safety. Nobody saw Dex and Arenas coming in the 2nd round. The majority of people thought he'd go with Taylor (he should have) or Carimi this past draft.

Rausch
09-26-2011, 07:29 AM

FrenchPlanet: if things don't look good after two weeks give up, admit it's hopeless, and hope someone else can come in the next few years and save your ass...

KCChiefsFan88
09-26-2011, 08:16 AM

The bigger question is why would an alleged grown man such as yourself continue to whore yourself to Clark Hunt.

You are a bitch.

gblowfish
09-26-2011, 08:18 AM
We don't toast things here.
We smoke em.
Low and slow.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 08:42 AM
The bigger question is why would an alleged grown man such as yourself continue to whore yourself to Clark Hunt.

You are a bitch.

ROFL

Continually whore myself to him?

Please explain how I do so?

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 08:42 AM
FrenchPlanet: if things don't look good after two weeks give up, admit it's hopeless, and hope someone else can come in the next few years and save your ass...

Holy shit!

Well done. I damn near choked on dt Coke...

KCChiefsFan88
09-26-2011, 08:50 AM
ROFL

Continually whore myself to him?

Please explain how I do so?

Your attack on Suck for Luck shows your support for the status quo.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Your attack on Suck for Luck shows your support for the status quo.

LMAO....

Are you serious with this shit? Seriously?

Seriously?

Because its like Jr high level retarded means I am voting for status qou?
And just when I didnt think stupid could get anymore stupid,, you pull this...

This is the dumbest rebutal in the history of CP...

Seriously?

KCChiefsFan88
09-26-2011, 08:56 AM
LMAO....

Are you serious with this shit? Seriously?

Seriously?

Because its like Jr high level retarded means I am voting for status qou?
And just when I didnt think stupid could get anymore stupid,, you pull this...

This is the dumbest rebutal in the history of CP...

Seriously?

Yes seriously.

Why are you against trying to finally get a franchise QB?

Do you enjoy the current level of suckage put forth by the Chiefs?

The only explanation is that you are a bitch for Clark Hunt.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Yes seriously.

Why are you against trying to finally get a franchise QB?

Do you enjoy the current level of suckage put forth by the Chiefs?

The only explanation is that you are a bitch for Clark Hunt.

:banghead:

Where did I say I was against a Franchise QB, when I have all along stated that I want any 1st round QB...

Luck, Foles, Moore, guy from Michigan St (name is slipping me). And your assumption that I am a bitch to Clark Hunt is fucking laughable at best.

You have some serious delusional issues that need resloved. Suck for Luck is fucking stupid and gay... And to root for injuries and losses just to prove your agenda right is even more stupid and gay...

Sofa King
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
:banghead:

Where did I say I was against a Franchise QB, when I have all along stated that I want any 1st round QB...

Luck, Foles, Moore, guy from Michigan St (name is slipping me). And your assumption that I am a bitch to Clark Hunt is ****ing laughable at best.

You have some serious delusional issues that need resloved. Suck for Luck is ****ing stupid and gay... And to root for injuries and losses just to prove your agenda right is even more stupid and gay...

He must be really good!

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 09:04 AM
He must be really good!

Guess not then huh? :huh:

Damn its Monday morning... Cut a brotha some slack?

Pants
09-26-2011, 09:10 AM
William Bartee was the toast of the town

FYP

:Bartee:

GloryDayz
09-26-2011, 08:55 PM

:shrug:

Chiefaholic
09-26-2011, 09:48 PM

Were you stunned when Pioli drafted a safety with the #5 overall pick? Half the people here predetermined the idea a pipe dream before the draft even took place. You just don't pass on a guy with game changing abilities when the opportunity's there.

Baconeater
09-26-2011, 10:39 PM
so did the lions suck for johnson and stafford?
No. They just flat-out sucked.

Chiefshrink
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM

Yep, you sure in the hell don't want the Colts to go from Manning to Luck not ever missing a beat. It will be between the Chiefs,Colts and Broncos IMO. And I fear the Colts will get Luck.