PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nick has identified Cassel's replacement

Count Zarth
09-25-2011, 09:53 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/1110649.html

As the losses mount, the organization can fire the head coach, but that might not be enough. They should strongly consider swapping out their starting quarterback. Cassel has regressed so much that it might be time for the team to take a long look at Cincinnati Bengals holdout Carson Palmer.

No one person was higher on Cassel last season than yours truly. But heís hit rock bottom in Kansas City and Palmer, who is demanding a trade, would make sense for the Chiefs. They could offer a late-round pick or deal Cassel to the Bengals straight up for Palmer.

Cincinnati is starting TCU rookie Andy Dalton but thus far the Bengals are 1-2 on the season and adding Cassel, if only for the remainder of the season, would give the AFC North team a veteran quarterback who badly needs a change of scenery.

If the Chiefs are going to do it before their bye, the time to do it is this week. After a home game against Minnesota and a road game against the Indianapolis Colts, the Chiefs return to Arrowhead for three straight games.

By firing Haley and promoting Romeo Crennel to head coach and acquiring Palmer, the Andrew Luck sweepstakes could be put on hold for the Chiefs.

What we saw on Sunday for the third game in a row is that Cassel is unwilling to throw the ball down the field with any real consistency. Sure, the Chargers threw a blanket on Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe, but every NFL team has to deal with injuries and Cassel has to step up and overcome the long odds heís facing every weekend.

Perhaps thatís harsh but Cassel has been horrific as the KCís starting quarterback since last yearís regular season finale against the Oakland Raiders. Forget the statistics in regards to touchdowns and interceptions, the bottom line is that Cassel has lost five straight games, including last yearís home playoff loss against the Baltimore Ravens.

With Palmer at least the Chiefs have a known commodity and one who might be a solid replacement for Cassel. The Chiefs probably want Luck, but theyíd have to likely go 2-14 to get him.

Iím at a loss for words as to why a team with so much talent isnít more competitive on offense. That falls on Cassel and the head coach.

Sadly, the Chiefs best option might be to play rookie Ricky Stanzi, who was KCís best quarterback in the preseason. But he rests third on the depth chart behind Tyler Palko, who isnít a starting NFL quarterback. We donít know what Stanzi is either but Iíll take my chances with him for the remainder of the regular season.

What we do know is that right now, Cassel needs to be replaced.

BryanBusby
09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Nick is a fucking retard. Mike Brown will let Palmer rot.

CaliforniaChief
09-25-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm stunned by the idiocy running around.

MIAdragon
09-25-2011, 09:55 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbixbxQdpK1qe0eclo1_500.gif

aturnis
09-25-2011, 09:56 PM
What are we going to trade for him?

Sure-Oz
Stupid as fuck....

Bengals will not even trade him, and well stupid as fuck

Shogun

our #1 for next year

Baconeater
09-25-2011, 09:57 PM
A plate of BBQ?

aturnis
09-25-2011, 09:59 PM
our #1 for next year

Worth it.

tk13
No.

Shogun
Worth it.

i know, carson is dreamy

SPchief
Nick has gone full retard

Shogun
Jake Plummer > Carson Palmer

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Jake Plummer > Carson Palmer>>>>>>>>>>>Matt Cassel

FYP

aturnis
09-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Jake Plummer > Carson Palmer

My Plumber > Matt Cassel

Shogun
At least Plummer was awesome

Three7s
This idiot doesn't even know what division the Bengals are in.

chefsos
09-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Nick has gone full retardWell, at least it was a short trip.

chiefs1111
09-25-2011, 10:09 PM
no thank you.

Guru
09-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Well, at least it was a short trip.

what trip?

cabletech94
09-25-2011, 10:10 PM
My Plumber's crack > Matt Cassel

fyp

chefsos
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
what trip?From here >< to here.

doomy3
09-25-2011, 10:21 PM
LMAO

suds79
09-25-2011, 10:25 PM
This is my favorite part.

"By firing Haley and promoting Romeo Crennel to head coach and acquiring Palmer, the Andrew Luck sweepstakes could be put on hold for the Chiefs."

%(/

Only an idiot would want to put the Andrew Luck sweepstakes on hold. This season is over, it's time to go full force.

The Bad Guy
09-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Just when you think that you've heard every completely stupid angle, this mother fucker comes out and squashes that theory.

Yes, let's trade for a 33-year old who doesn't want to stay in Cinci because they lose, (but would want to come here? get fucking real). Promote Crennel when he was a fucking disaster head coach?

Nick keeps lowering the bar. It's tough to do, but he does it every time.

The only thing that should be put on hold is that mother fucker's oxygen supply.

4th and Long
09-25-2011, 10:35 PM
I know a lot of Bengals fans. Palmer is referred to, by them, as "squirrel paws."

In 7 years, Palmer has fumbled the ball 42 times and tossed 100 INTs.

http://www.nfl.com/player/carsonpalmer/2505245/profile

WV
09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Nick Athan should be arrested for stealing from the subscribers of WPI. What an epic fucking douche bag!

4th and Long
Just when you think that you've heard every completely stupid angle, this mother ****er comes out and squashes that theory.

Yes, let's trade for a 33-year old who doesn't want to stay in Cinci because they lose, (but would want to come here? get ****ing real). Promote Crennel when he was a ****ing disaster head coach?

Nick keeps lowering the bar. It's tough to do, but he does it every time.

The only thing that should be put on hold is that mother ****er's oxygen supply.
LMAO

Tell us how you really feel. ROFL

teedubya
Nick Athan has now lost the right to be called "Nick." When someone says, Nick, now... I will associate with Nick Wright.

KC Tattoo
09-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Fuck you Carl Peterson :cuss: FUCK YOU!!!

lcarus
09-25-2011, 10:52 PM
No to Carson Palmer. Yes to Andrew Luck.

Gonzo
09-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Wow... Just fucking wow. I have never read anything of substance from this moron. Each time I read one of his "articles" (and I use that term very loosely) I have to take a moment. A long moment, to digest it. Most of the time, it's as though I'm digesting a spoiled chunk of blofish or a greasy piece of Popeye's chicken.
My bowels constrict, I feel that odd tingling in my jaw-line that hits me right before the cold sweat and nausea take hold. Then here it comes... Violent vomiting and high-pressure liquid shits.

That's right, I compare mr. Athan's writing to that of a bad case of salmonella or trichinosis. The constant flow of literary diarrhea he expels is a reminder for me to make sure I donate to Jerry's Kids each year. The biggest joke here? He charges people to read this excrement... AND THEY PAY! That's right, they pay for what they feel is insider information.
Wait a second... Maybe I can capitalize on this phenomenon. I'll start a site called, "Gonzo's super-duper Chief's inside info." I'll charge 100 bucks a year and come up with a special brand of idiocy that those dumb asses will subscribe too.
"The Chiefs woes will all be healed once they perfect cloning and sign Joe Montana's clone to a 10 year contract!"
So, there you go. If you subscribe to this drivel, expect my donation via the telethon shortly to help you with the dues soon!
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
09-25-2011, 11:40 PM
jake the snake plummer is a free agent

ChiefsCountry
09-26-2011, 01:07 AM
That would be the 8-8 True Fan bullshit way of a building team.

crazycoffey
09-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Wow... Just fucking wow. I have never read anything of substance from this moron. Each time I read one of his "articles" (and I use that term very loosely) I have to take a moment. A long moment, to digest it. Most of the time, it's as though I'm digesting a spoiled chunk of blofish or a greasy piece of Popeye's chicken.
My bowels constrict, I feel that odd tingling in my jaw-line that hits me right before the cold sweat and nausea take hold. Then here it comes... Violent vomiting and high-pressure liquid shits.

That's right, I compare mr. Athan's writing to that of a bad case of salmonella or trichinosis. The constant flow of literary diarrhea he expels is a reminder for me to make sure I donate to Jerry's Kids each year. The biggest joke here? He charges people to read this excrement... AND THEY PAY! That's right, they pay for what they feel is insider information.
Wait a second... Maybe I can capitalize on this phenomenon. I'll start a site called, "Gonzo's super-duper Chief's inside info." I'll charge 100 bucks a year and come up with a special brand of idiocy that those dumb asses will subscribe too.
"The Chiefs woes will all be healed once they perfect cloning and sign Joe Montana's clone to a 10 year contract!"
So, there you go. If you subscribe to this drivel, expect my donation via the telethon shortly to help you with the dues soon!
Posted via Mobile Device

you actually read it? I couldn't get past "carson palmer", I laughed so hard I sharted in my underwear. Spit a butt loogie right in there.

EyePod
09-26-2011, 05:36 AM
At least Plummer was awesome

Awesome at HANDBALL.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__28/ept_sports_nfl_experts-303373097-1288886743.jpg?ymX3GCEDsgoXHV8e

blaise
09-26-2011, 05:41 AM
Why would they do that? Trade a draft pick to maybe be slightly less terrible?

Gonzo
09-26-2011, 06:44 AM
you actually read it? I couldn't get past "carson palmer", I laughed so hard I sharted in my underwear. Spit a butt loogie right in there.
Yeah, I read it. It's like that Thai restaurant in your neighborhood. You know you shouldn't eat there but you just can't help it every now and then.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
09-26-2011, 06:49 AM
A plate of BBQ?

Worth it.

notorious
09-26-2011, 07:02 AM
This is how Truefans feel, and there are a lot more of them out there then Suck for Luck supporters.

For now........

Bwana
09-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Nick is a slap magnet.

http://www.gifanatics.com/files/bitch%20slap.gif

Otter
09-26-2011, 07:23 AM
It's worked great so far Nick. Why change it if it's working?

Bane
09-26-2011, 07:26 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/33oi342.jpg

Rausch
09-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Palmer is the type of QB I wouldn't mind signing as a vet back up to a young starter.

Someone to play the Chris Chandler/Kerry Collins/etc role.

I would not trade draft picks for him.

I would not want him to be our 16 game starter...

durtyrute
09-26-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm a fan of NIck's, but he is talking out of his ass on this one. Why is it that we are the only team in the league that is scared to start a rookie? If you're saying that we have problems at QB, which we do, why not give the other guys on our team a shot. Perferably, that "shot" would go to Stanzi, but if you need to put in Palko so he can fuck up then put in Stanzi do it that way, whatever. But, what we don't need to do right now is go trading picks for someone elses trash, even though they are better than our trash.

MahiMike
09-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Nein! Nein!Nein! Nicht Gut!

Sofa King
09-26-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm a fan of NIck's, but he is talking out of his ass on this one. Why is it that we are the only team in the league that is scared to start a rookie? If you're saying that we have problems at QB, which we do, why not give the other guys on our team a shot. Perferably, that "shot" would go to Stanzi, but if you need to put in Palko so he can **** up then put in Stanzi do it that way, whatever. But, what we don't need to do right now is go trading picks for someone elses trash, even though they are better than our trash.

:spock:

Direckshun
09-26-2011, 09:01 AM
I still believe Pioli could trade a 2nd for Matt Flynn.

Short Leash Hootie
09-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Carson Palmer is the most overrated QB ever.

jspchief
09-26-2011, 09:15 AM
I was just thinking this am... What ever happened to sage rosenfels?

I'd take him over Failco.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 09:18 AM
I still believe Pioli could trade a 2nd for Matt Flynn.

Will pass.

blaise
09-26-2011, 09:21 AM
They should trade next year's first for Jimmy Clausen.

MahiMike
09-26-2011, 06:46 PM
They should trade next year's first for Jimmy Clausen.

We could put him on Stanzi's shoulders!