PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Has the team given up on Cassel?

Nightfyre
09-25-2011, 11:11 PM
I noticed after that game-ending pick, none of the other Chiefs went over to console Cassel or try to lift his spirits. He sat by himself (without coaches or other players) for a prolonged period of time. So this begs the question, has the team given up on Cassel?

Count Alex's Losses
09-25-2011, 11:13 PM
I hope so.

I hope the entire team stops giving a shit for the rest of the year.

Guru
09-25-2011, 11:13 PM
I doubt it.

cabletech94
09-25-2011, 11:15 PM
did mork castle get a ride home? with the rest of the team?
that'd go a long way in answering your post.

Demonpenz
09-25-2011, 11:18 PM
bunch of people who play football for a bunch of people who like the kansas city chiefs. There is no chiefs or "Fans" anymore. Fans should be fanatical. The people who watch the chiefs should be called "the Meh's"

Trevo_410
09-25-2011, 11:18 PM
He's gonna pass the torch onto his buttbuddy Palko to continue SFL

Guru
09-25-2011, 11:21 PM
bunch of people who play football for a bunch of people who like the kansas city chiefs. There is no chiefs or "Fans" anymore. Fans should be fanatical. The people who watch the chiefs should be called "the Meh's"

Ain't that the truth.

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 12:06 AM
yes. because theyre all a bunch of sissy ass limp dicks like you

jlscorpio
09-26-2011, 12:10 AM
welcome to the party, Chiefs roster

BigChiefFan
09-26-2011, 12:18 AM

I give your props for going down with the ship, but this season is looking like Cassel is the elephant in the room.

Thig Lyfe
09-26-2011, 12:20 AM
That's not what "begs the question" means.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Wouldn't you?

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 12:43 AM
I give your props for going down with the ship, but this season is looking like Cassel is the elephant in the room.

yah it couldnt be the 10 acl tears or the 30+ points per game that has anything to do with it.....lets just put 100% of the blame on cassel when he has a pretty decent game against a team we were 15 point dogs to...

:clap:

KC Tattoo
09-26-2011, 12:47 AM
yah it couldnt be the 10 acl tears or the 30+ points per game that has anything to do with it.....lets just put 100% of the blame on cassel when he has a pretty decent game against a team we were 15 point dogs to...

:LOL:
Yea cuz Cassel is going to take us places....

WTF ever.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2011, 12:47 AM

You need to be smacked in the face until you suffer a concussion.

Cassel sat around with his thumb up his ass for an entire half....he looked like a goddamn rookie QB.

Then when the defense gave him a chance to win the game he made a couple plays and went right back to thumb-fucking himself....GAME OVER.

BossChief
09-26-2011, 12:49 AM
No sane person could have watched that game and thought Cassel had a "pretty decent game"

I dont care to see your idiotic stats, either.

Cassel shit the bed all through the game and no matter how many times the rest of the team stepped up, he just gave it away.

BillSelfsTrophycase
09-26-2011, 12:56 AM

http://www.butnotyet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/jesus-facepalm.jpg

kaplin42
09-26-2011, 01:01 AM

Please just shut up already. We aren't blind we can see what is going on with the rest of the team. The point is, without a good qb, fixing the rest of it means shit.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2011, 01:15 AM

:clap:You make Corky, from Life Goes On, look like a fucking Rhodes Scholar.

jlscorpio
09-26-2011, 01:21 AM

Cassel sat around with his thumb up his ass for an entire half....he looked like a goddamn rookie QB.

Then when the defense gave him a chance to win the game he made a couple plays and went right back to thumb-****ing himself....GAME OVER.

This. MOTHER FUCKIN THIS.

crazycoffey
09-26-2011, 01:49 AM

Then when the defense gave him a chance to win the game he made a couple plays and went right back to thumb-****ing himself....GAME OVER.

he made one play

the Talking Can
09-26-2011, 06:14 AM

pawnsmoker thinks cassel is a great QB

DeezNutz
09-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Don't know if the "team" has, but the coaching staff certainly has. That was the most pathetically dumbed-down offensive gameplan that I've ever seen in the first half. No completions to a WR/TE, and no real effort to get the ball down the field.

And I think we all (or most of us, anyway) know why.

On the bright side, it's always good for a chuckle to hear Lenny announce that the team has 58 yards passing, for the fucking game, midway through the fourth quarter. But Cassel is fine.

movinbones
09-26-2011, 07:27 AM

I disagree... The fact that this place is blowing up shows the Chiefs "fans" are fanatical... The "mehs" continue to sit around and think having a "serviceable" QB is ok.

Chiefs have not had a Franchise QB Since Lenny the cool!!! The best thing we have seen is a couple year run of a 75 year old Montana. I mean fuck.. our best season by a QB in 30 years was arguably Steve F'n DeBerg!!!

This fan base needs someone to rally behind. Someone that gives us a chance to win a game like yesterday's.

notorious
09-26-2011, 07:51 AM

JFC

I see that there is absolutely no way to help you.

BigRichard
09-26-2011, 07:55 AM

The dumb is stong in this one.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 08:12 AM
No sane person could have watched that game and thought Cassel had a "pretty decent game"

I dont care to see your idiotic stats, either.

Cassel shit the bed all through the game and no matter how many times the rest of the team stepped up, he just gave it away.

I always find comments like this funny...

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 08:15 AM

Easy there buddy, no need to take one for Matty Light...

Its time to admit, The guy is done along with this offensive line...

Time to reload and try again... No point in defending him...

He went full Grbac yesterday...

KCUnited
09-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Bob Fescoe this morning: "It's time to move on from Matt Cassel because the fans won't let him succeed."

FringeNC
09-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Whether the players have given up on Cassel, who knows. It's obvious that HALEY has given up on Cassel. We had a more conservative game-plan than a team that is forced to start a 3rd string QB, a la Joe Webb at Minnesota last year. I can't remember the last time I saw a game-plan like that -- perhaps when Huard started at Denver when Green went down. Any other team in the NFL ever play like we did yesterday? No.

Rausch
09-26-2011, 08:20 AM

People act like this is the first time.

Outside of about an 8 game stretch during the middle of last season he's consistently looked like ass and there's always been some excuse.

Breaston can get open. Bowe is more consistently making the big catch. Our running game, even with Charles out, can be respectable/good.

Our QB/Play calling is just ass and it's holding the entire team back...

TEX
09-26-2011, 08:25 AM

+ 1.
Yep and glad you mentioned the OL too. Time to re-think that.

Chiefnj2
09-26-2011, 08:33 AM
+ 1.
Yep and glad you mentioned the OL too. Time to re-think that.

I only watched the 4th quarter. He had good pass protection at that time.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 08:39 AM
I only watched the 4th quarter. He had good pass protection at that time.

this OL is a joke... and it needs fully replaced...

Rausch
09-26-2011, 08:52 AM

I wouldn't go that far.

I the future is very bright for guys like Asamoah and Hudson.

I think with a move back to G Albert could be a much more productive player. He was a G we thought could make the move to LT. He and the Coaches tried.

Move him back. We would have a young and talented middle.

I don't think we need Casey back next year at all, Lilja should be vet depth, and we need to start looking for two OT's...

Rooster
09-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Bob Fescoe this morning: "It's time to move on from Matt Cassel because the fans won't let him succeed."

:spock: Wow. That is just a dumb statement.

On more than one occasion when KC was running a draw out of 3rd and long Dan Fouts would say the following. 'Kansas City has so much faith in their running game that they feel comfortable running a draw on 3rd and long'.

I know that Fouts knew exactly why they were running those draws but he won't say anything negative about the JV QB of KC.

Extra Point
09-26-2011, 08:58 AM
On more than one occasion when KC was running a draw out of 3rd and long Dan Fouts would say the following. 'Kansas City has so much faith in their running game that they feel comfortable running a draw on 3rd and long'.

I know that Fouts knew exactly why they were running those draws but he won't say anything negative about the JV QB of KC.

With different intonation, along with laughing his ass off, he could have said exactly the same things he did yesterday, and burned Haley like a jabenero through an albino's ass.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Peter King is ripping Cassel now too....

Kansas City QB Matt Cassel. The Chiefs, stunningly, had a shot to win at San Diego late, trailing 20-17 with a minute to play. And Cassel, who'd played his best game since last December up to that point, threw a short pass right into the gut of San Diego safety Eric Weddle. Incredible mistake. Cassel grabbed his head as though he couldn't believe what he'd just done. Neither could every TV-watcher in great Kansas City.

It'll be a long time before Matt Cassel forgets the throw to Eric Weddle.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/26/Week3/index.html#ixzz1Z4DkN49r

tredadda
09-26-2011, 09:03 AM

Game was on the line, we were down by three and in decent field position. Cassel is in a position to lead us to either a game tying FG or possibly a game winning TD and what does he do? You know the answer to that. Even the announcers on the SNF game commented on how do you throw an INT on a screen pass?

Hydrae
09-26-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't know about the players but I know this fan has long given up on Cassell. I had hopes he might be servicable but there is no hope for him in my eyes.

Extra Point
09-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Game was on the line, we were down by three and in decent field position. Cassel is in a position to lead us to either a game tying FG or possibly a game winning TD and what does he do? You know the answer to that. Even the announcers on the SNF game commented on how do you throw an INT on a screen pass?

The screen pass call was absurd, at any rate. The way the Bolts over-undered us in the passing game, was ridiculous. Returning the favor to Norv Turner would have been appropriate, but that's TMI for this coaching staff.

BigRichard
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM

Kansas City QB Matt Cassel. The Chiefs, stunningly, had a shot to win at San Diego late, trailing 20-17 with a minute to play. And Cassel, who'd played his best game since last December up to that point, threw a short pass right into the gut of San Diego safety Eric Weddle. Incredible mistake. Cassel grabbed his head as though he couldn't believe what he'd just done. Neither could every TV-watcher in great Kansas City.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/26/Week3/index.html#ixzz1Z4DkN49r

That is not exactly ripping him. I expect more like "Cassel has the vision of a bat and the instincts of an aborted fetus."

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-26-2011, 09:10 AM

OK I admit it. I threw the pick to Weddle. I'm the fan that won't let Cassel succeed. What do you want from me I'm not an NFL QB either.

Rausch
09-26-2011, 09:11 AM

Cassel wasn't having "his best game since" anything. He'd thrown extended handoffs and 5 yard dumps over the middle the entire game while displaying very little vision while being pressured.

Chiefnj2
09-26-2011, 09:11 AM
The screen pass call was absurd, at any rate.

Correct. The play was going nowhere even if completed. Matt took us out of our misery early.

Dayze
09-26-2011, 09:13 AM
lol @ Fescoe...'the fans won't let him succeed".

yeah, that's the reason he won't succeed. jfc.

Rooster
09-26-2011, 09:13 AM
OK I admit it. I threw the pick to Weddle. I'm the fan that won't let Cassel succeed. What do you want from me I'm not an NFL QB either.

You SOB. I knew it was you. :# Leave Matty Ice Lite alone.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-26-2011, 09:14 AM
You SOB. I knew it was you. :# Leave Matty Ice Lite alone.

I'm sorry but I thought you guys wanted to lose. I was just trying to help. No appreciation.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Cassel wasn't having "his best game since" anything.

Yea that statement was puzzling, doubtful he watched the whole game because hes busy getting ready for the Sunday Night game during that time period.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2011, 09:16 AM

The media hss been spouting this sort of nonsense since the Blackledge days. If a young QB would ever come into KC and perform, he would OWN the town of KC.

Rausch
09-26-2011, 09:19 AM
The media hss been spouting this sort of nonsense since the Blackledge days. If a young QB would ever come into KC and perform, he would OWN the town of KC.

Trent Green got over fan hatred.

Lenny got over it.

But then they were both good QB's...

Rooster
09-26-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm sorry but I thought you guys wanted to lose. I was just trying to help. No appreciation.

Oh crap. You're right. This whole Suck for Luck thing gets me confused at times.

durtyrute
09-26-2011, 09:46 AM
lol @ Fescoe...'the fans won't let him succeed".

yeah, that's the reason he won't succeed. jfc.

I can not fucking stand fescoe

TEX
09-26-2011, 09:57 AM
The screen pass call was absurd, at any rate.

EXACTLY! The stupid throw and interception just ended it quicker. I know Cassel has been playing like CRAP, but the play-calling has been equally bad.

dtebbe
09-26-2011, 10:08 AM
I have

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 10:11 AM
EXACTLY! The stupid throw and interception just ended it quicker. I know Cassel has been playing like CRAP, but the play-calling has been equally bad.

This... It seems like a curse or something...

Everytime we do something good on Offense.... The little yellow flag comes out...

Fish
09-26-2011, 10:13 AM
A guy at the coffee shop this morning told me that his landlady's niece is actually a maid, and she cleans Dwayne Bowe's house, and she said that he already has like 3 "Suck for Luck" shirts in his closet. But he never wears them in public.

Take it for what it's worth...

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 10:15 AM
A guy at the coffee shop this morning told me that his landlady's niece is actually a maid, and she cleans Dwayne Bowe's house, and she said that he already has like 3 "Suck for Luck" shirts in his closet. But he never wears them in public.

Take it for what it's worth...

In Leawood, Olathe or Overland Park?

Iowanian
09-26-2011, 10:56 AM

Oh Great....now you're trying to outsource our O-line to India too.

Why do you hate America?

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 11:40 AM

You and and your stupid retarded kinfolk need to learn to read. NO WHERE have I ever said that. I have never said anything like that....

lcarus
09-26-2011, 11:43 AM
No this team isn't gonna give up. I think most of them are professional about their jobs. They're gonna just go out and do the best they can with what they have. I appreciate that, but I want Andrew Luck. We need to lose a lot to get him. I hate that we have to lose, but if it gets us 15 years of great QB play....weigh that out....

FringeNC
09-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Jim Trotter:

"re cassel's INT to end the game, there is only one way to describe it: AWFUL. threw blindly, which violated everything he has been taught"

Sucky
09-26-2011, 11:54 AM
to the OP I hope so

dilligaf
09-26-2011, 12:47 PM
I disagree... The fact that this place is blowing up shows the Chiefs "fans" are fanatical... The "mehs" continue to sit around and think having a "serviceable" QB is ok.

Chiefs have not had a Franchise QB Since Lenny the cool!!! The best thing we have seen is a couple year run of a 75 year old Montana. I mean ****.. our best season by a QB in 30 years was arguably Steve F'n DeBerg!!!

This fan base needs someone to rally behind. Someone that gives us a chance to win a game like yesterday's.

Dont know if anyone has commented on this yet, but Trent Green had some very good years. If only he had a defense....:deevee:

Coogs
09-26-2011, 01:01 PM

Three things here...

1. Best game since December up to the Int is... 17-23, 176, 2 TD... is fairly pedestrian for many NFL QB's. Yet everyone knows his statement is absolutely correct. Pretty sad... expecially that first half.

2. The pass Weddle intercepted was thrown to Lilja. Hard to say which is worse between those 2 options.

3. I'm thinking every TV-watcher in great Kansas City was not surprised in the least at what he had just done.

</post>
09-26-2011, 01:04 PM
We're no strangers to football,
You know the rules, and so do I

KC Hawks
09-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Nope, I could believe it.

Phobia
09-26-2011, 02:04 PM
In Leawood, Olathe or Overland Park?

DBowe lives in a modest house in Lee's Summit.

DeezNutz
09-26-2011, 02:05 PM
His best game? LMAO. He of the 58-yards passing through the middle of the fourth. Go, Cassel!

HemiEd
09-26-2011, 02:07 PM
I think so. You can only whip a horse so much, and it just can't run any harder. Those guys gave it all, and he let them down hard with his total failure.

They need to bench his ass now, should have done it 2 years ago.

Dayze
09-26-2011, 02:07 PM
His best game? LMAO. He of the 58-yards passing through the middle of the fourth. Go, Cassel!

exactly. I pointed that out to a moron a work.

Chiefnj2
09-26-2011, 02:20 PM

It fits in with what Haley said after the game. He said something about the goal of the game being improvement (not winning the game).

HemiEd
09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Only Cassels mother could think he is a great QB, and that would only be if she is a Raider's fan.

the Talking Can
09-26-2011, 03:56 PM
You and and your stupid retarded kinfolk need to learn to read. NO WHERE have I ever said that. I have never said anything like that....

you've spent two years weeping about how Cassel is awesome and only you can see it...

what a waste of time....jesus you are an epic fucking dumbass

NJChiefsFan
09-26-2011, 04:25 PM

All night I was wondering which fan caused Cassel's mistake on that play. Thanks for admitting it atleast.

Dicky McElephant
09-26-2011, 05:00 PM

Bull fucking shit. This offensive line is fine outside of the RT spot. It only looks shitty because Cassel freaks out 2 steps into his drop back.

TEX
09-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Bull ****ing shit. This offensive line is fine outside of the RT spot. It only looks shitty because Cassel freaks out 2 steps into his drop back.

You're right about Cassel sucking, but the OL needs more than just a RT. It looks shitty because it is shitty. Cassel makes it look shittier at times.

whoman69
09-26-2011, 05:17 PM
You can't give up on someone you depend on. Check Down is the QB of this team, but its increasingly clear he just doesn't have the talent. I don't know how anyone can call it a decent game when the team doesn't have a first down through an entire half.

lcarus
09-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Bull ****ing shit. This offensive line is fine outside of the RT spot. It only looks shitty because Cassel freaks out 2 steps into his drop back.

I could tell from watching Stanzi in one frickin game that he has a hell of a lot more poise in the pocket than anyone else on our roster. Hell, even Colquitt has more poise with his punts when 3 guys are closing in on him to block it. I'd love to see what Stanzi has. I really really would.

lcarus
09-26-2011, 05:19 PM
You can't give up on someone you depend on. Check Down is the QB of this team, but its increasingly clear he just doesn't have the talent. I don't know how anyone can call it a decent game when the team doesn't have a first down through an entire half.

Yeah and it's not like it was just one bad game either. Or even two bad games. This has been going on for a while now.

Dicky McElephant
09-26-2011, 05:20 PM
You're right about Cassel sucking, but the OL needs more than just a RT. It looks shitty because it is shitty. Cassel makes it look shittier at times.

Whatever man.

Against the Bills and the Lions....Cassel had more than enough time. The problem with him is his lack of pocket presence.

lcarus
09-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Whatever man.

Against the Bills and the Lions....Cassel had more than enough time. The problem with him is his lack of pocket presence.

I agree totally. Our o-line aren't world beaters or anything, but they're not terrible. I look at QBs around the league with a lot worse protection and they're still good. Aaron Rodgers protection sucks. Vick gets absolutely no protection. Cutler gets beat up every game but still manages to make plays from time to time. The point is - if you need the Chiefs 2003-2005 offensive line in order to not completely SUCK, you probably completely SUCK.

whoman69
09-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Any stats which say that Check Down had a good game are misleading. Our first three possessions on 3 and medium he threw a 2 or 3 yard check down for a three and out. His longest pass attempt of the first half was 4 yards. We had 18 yards of offense in the that half. To say that he had a good game when he was horrid for half of it is incredulous.

mlyonsd
09-26-2011, 06:00 PM
That last INT did it for me. You don't pay a guy 100 billion dollars or whatever he gets to make a decision and a throw like that when the game is on the line. You had an 0-2 team, decimated with injuries, going into the place where you were crushed last year. The team needed Cassel to step up and he couldn't.

I've been comfortable as a fan to see if enough pieces could be put around him to let him shine. Time to move on.

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 06:05 PM
you've spent two years weeping about how Cassel is awesome and only you can see it...

Oh really?

If that is the case please post ONE ****ing thing I have ever said about how he is AWESOME.

Otherwise kindly shut the **** up you lying sack of shit. You know, the sign of when someone is a complete ****ing failure or worthless pile of shit is when they have to make things up to 'win' some kind of imaginary argument.

I have never said any such thing, and you sir are a ****ing liar for saying I did.

Never again will I address you, as you are a worthless waste of oxygen. I don't feel like spending my time defending myself against lies and made up shit...I have better ****ing things to do with my time..

I don't mind arguing with reasonable people, but your insistence on things I have 'said' which are all completely ****ing untrue is something I really don't feel like dealing with for the 20th time. I have asked you repeatedly to stop, quote me saying anything like that where I was serious etc...But you havent.

Bye you fucking lying sack of shit.

Nightfyre
09-26-2011, 06:43 PM
I don't mind arguing with reasonable people....

:hmmm:

I would be open to discussion on the point of "I'm a sissy ass limp dick."

Fuck you.

TEX
09-26-2011, 06:44 PM
That last INT did it for me. You don't pay a guy 100 billion dollars or whatever he gets to make a decision and a throw like that when the game is on the line. You had an 0-2 team, decimated with injuries, going into the place where you were crushed last year. The team needed Cassel to step up and he couldn't.

I've been comfortable as a fan to see if enough pieces could be put around him to let him shine. Time to move on.

This.

the Talking Can
09-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Oh really?

If that is the case please post ONE ****ing thing I have ever said about how he is AWESOME.

Otherwise kindly shut the **** up you lying sack of shit. You know, the sign of when someone is a complete ****ing failure or worthless pile of shit is when they have to make things up to 'win' some kind of imaginary argument.

I have never said any such thing, and you sir are a ****ing liar for saying I did.

Never again will I address you, as you are a worthless waste of oxygen. I don't feel like spending my time defending myself against lies and made up shit...I have better ****ing things to do with my time..

I don't mind arguing with reasonable people, but your insistence on things I have 'said' which are all completely ****ing untrue is something I really don't feel like dealing with for the 20th time. I have asked you repeatedly to stop, quote me saying anything like that where I was serious etc...But you havent.

Bye you ****ing lying sack of shit.

your love of Cassel is embarrassing

i can't think of player so shitty that has been defended for so long

why do you love shitty players?

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 06:46 PM
:hmmm:

I would be open to discussion on the point of "I'm a sissy ass limp dick."

**** you.

no, **** you.....If you think a professional athlete would 'give up' you are ****ign clueless and didn't watch the game on Sunday...

Keep watching...they aren't gonna give up.

Keep in mind the difference (between limp dick , big mouth pieces of shit and real men) as you watch the Chiefs win a couple/few games despite all of the injuries and hardship...

You gave up, and you aren't even playing. All the people that gave up are ****ing cowards and pussies. Everyone who wants us to lose: limp dick.

The bad ass mother****ers who don't give up and see us through to a few wins: heroes.

Unlike you.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

TEX
09-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Whatever man.

True - again I'm not saying the line causes Cassel's issues. He SUCKS! Im saying the line is a separate isue. The line needs to get better. We need at least 2 new players (RT & C) and I'm not sure that Albert is the answer at LT. He can play somewhere, but not sure it's LT.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2011, 06:50 PM
:facepalm: This OL is not nearly as bad as Cassel makes it.

Some of you need football 101

Deberg_1990
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
no, **** you.....If you think a professional athlete would 'give up' you are ****ign clueless and didn't watch the game on Sunday...

Keep in mind the difference (between limp dick , big mouth pieces of shit and real men) as you watch the Chiefs win a couple/few games despite all of the injuries and hardship...

You gave up, and you aren't even playing. All the people that gave up are ****ing cowards and pussies. Everyone who wants us to lose: limp dick.

The bad ass mother****ers who don't give up and see us through to a few wins: heroes.

Unlike you.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

U would rather a few pointless wins than a chance at a legit top tier QB talent?
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can

Unlike you.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

LMAO

http://www.tigerrag.com/wp-content/uploads/kellen_winslow.jpg

"I'M A SOLDIER"

watching you melt down because your favorite player is a joke...just priceless

Dicky McElephant
True - again I'm not saying the line causes Cassel's issues. He SUCKS! Im saying the line is a separate isue. The line needs to get better. We need at least 2 new players (RT & C) and I'm not sure that Albert is the answer at LT. He can play somewhere, but not sure it's LT.

We have a center in Hudson. That's what he was drafted to play.

We need a RT.

the Talking Can
09-26-2011, 06:53 PM
pawnsmoker just proclaimed himself a 'hero' and a 'bad ass mother****er' because he likes Matt Cassel....

:LOL:

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 06:55 PM
U would rather a few pointless wins than a chance at a legit top tier QB talent?
Posted via Mobile Device

To me it is separate....I'd rather not give up on the season ONE or TWO games in as many here did....

I would never ****ing do that......

Also, I think beating the Faid or Donks or SD would be awesome if it knocks them out of wildcard....so therefore not pointless.

I just do not see myself ever rooting for my team to lose...even if we were 0-15 let alone 0-1 or 0-2 as many of the cowards here did.

whoman69
09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Wasn't able to see the game, but looks like same old Check Down. I am counting 4 times when he attempted to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield. Of his three longest plays, all but one was YAC. He in essence throws the ball no longer than 6 yards downfield. Anybody should be able to complete 70% of your passes if you are routinely only throwing the ball 6 yards or less downfield.

whoman69
09-26-2011, 06:57 PM
What kind of protection does Check Down need to get the ball 6 yards downfield?

Deberg_1990
09-26-2011, 06:59 PM
To me it is separate....I'd rather not give up on the season ONE or TWO games in as many here did....

Also, I think beating the Faid or Donks or SD would be awesome if it knocks them out of wildcard....so therefore not pointless.

I just do not see myself ever rooting for my team to lose...even if we were 0-15 let alone 0-1 or 0-2 as many of the cowards here did.

I think u misunderstand alot of guys here. Nobody wants to lose, but if we are going to lose anyways we might as well try and.gain something from it long term. It's called 42 years of fan frustration.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nightfyre
09-26-2011, 07:00 PM

The mother****ers who don't give up and see us through to a few wins: heroes.

Unlike you.

You don't know shit about me, so don't pretend to. Furthermore, your assertion that professional athletes are somehow heroes and brave and endure terrible hardship is a joke to me. Get some real-world perspective.

Have I given up on this year? You are goddamned right I have. Because statistically, the Chiefs have a snowballs' chance in hell of making the playoffs and I want the best chance at the best available QB in the draft. Before this season and hell, before last season I wanted to see the Chiefs do whatever it took to draft Luck. He is that good. He would represent hope to this franchise in a way Cassel can't even dream of.

Should the players give up? Absolutely not. They are paid not to. I am not. Has Cassel lost the support of his teammates? That is the question I posed based on what I observed.

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 07:03 PM
What kind of protection does Check Down need to get the ball 6 yards downfield.

Matt Cassel average 6.8 yards per pass

Rivers 6.4

(average)

Just sayin....

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 07:04 PM
1)You don't know shit about me, so don't pretend to.

1A)Have I given up on this year? You are goddamned right I have. B

2)Should the players give up? Absolutely not.

1 & 1A) I guess I did know you, you fuckign coward.

2) Why did you ask such a stupid fucking question then, fool?

WhiteWhale
09-26-2011, 07:09 PM
1 & 1A) I guess I did know you, you ****ign coward.

2) Why did you ask such a stupid ****ing question then, fool?

Cherry picking is a cowardly debate tactic.

Just sayin'.

Nightfyre
1 & 1A) I guess I did know you, you ****ign coward.

2) Why did you ask such a stupid ****ing question then, fool?

(1) Your and idiot. Giving up on your football team's season is hardly the measure of a man you prepubescent puke.
(2) I didn't ask if they SHOULD give up. I asked if they DID give up ON CASSEL. Try reading comprehension on for size.

Pawnmower
Cherry picking is a cowardly debate tactic.

Just sayin'.

Wait so what did you just do then?

WhiteWhale
09-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Wait so what did you just do then?

I don't think you know what cherry picking means.

I did not chop up pieces of your post and place them out of context.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2011, 07:11 PM

Awesome! This here is SOOOO much better than winning a SB.

I think your mother dropped you on your head a few times...

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't think you know what cherry picking means.

I did not chop up pieces of your post and place them out of context.

You did of the argument though, as our argument was not contained wholly in one post.

I think it is YOU who doesn't know the meaning of it.

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Awesome! This here is SOOOO much better than winning a SB.

I think your mother dropped you on your head a few times...

Oh wait so if you give up and be a pussy and root against the Chiefs this season with your faggot slogans (suck for luck etc) it means we are going to win the SB???

HOLY SHIT!!!

Wow....

Well if you put it like that.....hey...that changes everything.

You must be some sort of genius....I can't wait to win the SB now, im so excited...

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh wait so if you give up and be a pussy and root against the Chiefs this season with your pillowbitergot slogans (suck for luck etc) it means we are going to win the SB???

HOLY SHIT!!!

Wow....

Well if you put it like that.....hey...that changes everything.

You must be some sort of genius....I can't wait to win the SB now, im so excited...LMAO

WhiteWhale
09-26-2011, 07:19 PM
You did of the argument though, as out argument was not contained wholly in one post.

I think it is YOU who doesn't know the meaning of it.

Oh, I understand it. You Cherry picked because he owned your shit, and you had no legit point. You just want to call names and have your childish meltdown.

Keep on keepin' on man. I think it's hilarious. I love this board.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Try decaff Pawnmower... or take a few deep breaths and say wooo sahhh...

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Oh, I understand it. You Cherry picked because he owned your shit, and you had no legit point. You just want to call names and have your childish meltdown.

Keep on keepin' on man. I think it's hilarious. I love this board.

What are you smoking???

He 'owned' me? LOL

I had no 'legit point' ? Yet you do not quote me? You have seriously no clue what you are talking about........Why are you even arguing? Do you even know what you are saying from one moment to the next?

You are doing exactly what you accuse others of doing......did you even read anything I wrote or are you just chiming in like one of the sheep / vultures / zombie retards in a bad horror movie where the short bus crashes and all the fucking tards come running in mumbling things?

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Try decaff Pawnmower... or take a few deep breaths and say wooo sahhh...

nam yo ho ren ge kyo

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

woooooooooooooooo sahhhhhhhhhhhhh

ty and rep

WhiteWhale
09-26-2011, 07:24 PM
What are you smoking???

He 'owned' me? LOL

I had no 'legit point' ? Yet you do not quote me? You have seriously no clue what you are talking about........Why are you even arguing? Do you even know what you are saying from one moment to the next?

You are doing exactly what you accuse others of doing......did you even read anything I wrote or are you just chiming in like one of the sheep / vultures / zombie retards in a bad horror movie where the short bus crashes and all the ****ing tards come running in mumbling things?

You are a troll's wet dream.

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 07:27 PM
You are a troll's wet dream.

Look, moron....I will sum it up...You keep chiming in with one liners but yet you do not address the actual points:

1) (In answer to the OP) NO the team isn't giving up. It was a stupid pointed question. Of course the team isn't going to give up. That is only for the front office to do (yank cassel).

2) Anyone that gave up on the Chiefs after one or two (or even zero) games and was rooting for them to lose is a faggot and shall reap what they sow.

Im sorry if you fall into category two, but hey, the truth hurts sometimes.

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 07:29 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7MCnn-gc0h8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DBOSHO
09-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Hats off to pawnmower for sticking up for matt cassel.

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 07:57 PM

I'd do the same for any of you as well.

Thats how I roll for my TEAM.

Chiefaholic
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM

Oh my God.... I'm as a diehard Chief as they come and even I hope the coaching staff come to their senses and go a different direction next year. Palco is NOT the answer, so there's no sense in throwing your back-up under the bus. Stanzi is a rookie who was cheated out of the offseason due to the lockout. So let Casshole run the ship while Stanzi learns the system and playbook. If were fortunate enough to draft Luck, then we have what appears to be a damn fine back-up in Stanzi. If Indi throws the game away against us and we draft #2, then we still have what I feel as a pretty good "plan B" in Stanzi as well.

If you believe Casshole can carry this team to and THROUGH the playoffs, you need to quit smoking the "good shit" on Sundays. He panics under pressure, doesn't look past his first option on passing plays, throws a rainbow on 20+ yard options, and forces our WR's to make great catches rather than himself throwing great passes. What made Montana so great didn't have anything to do with arm strength. It was his ability to read defenses, stay cool in the pocket, spread the ball around to keep defense guessing, and his his receivers in stride. Casshole has NONE of these qualities and will scew us fans over every time the rest of the team carries him to the playoffs.

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM

LMAO

whoman69
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Matt Cassel average 6.8 yards per pass

Rivers 6.4

(average)

Just sayin....

It is average, but you figured it out wrong. 6 YPA would be below average.

Rivers 24-38 266 7.0 YPA, 11.03 YPC
Check Down 17-24 176 7.3 YPA, 10.35 YPC

Check Down looks like he has very good numbers because he completed 70%. When you figure in yards per completion he's well below the average which is around 12. Out of 24 attempts he only threw 4 downfield.

Pawnmower
09-26-2011, 08:25 PM
It is average, but you figured it out wrong.

weird, i didnt figure it....i read it off of NFL.com, but ill take your word for it

HemiEd
09-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Oh my God.... I'm as a diehard Chief as they come and even I hope the coaching staff come to their senses and go a different direction next year. Palco is NOT the answer, so there's no sense in throwing your back-up under the bus. Stanzi is a rookie who was cheated out of the offseason due to the lockout. So let Casshole run the ship while Stanzi learns the system and playbook. If were fortunate enough to draft Luck, then we have what appears to be a damn fine back-up in Stanzi. If Indi throws the game away against us and we draft #2, then we still have what I feel as a pretty good "plan B" in Stanzi as well.

If you believe Casshole can carry this team to and THROUGH the playoffs, you need to quit smoking the "good shit" on Sundays. He panics under pressure, doesn't look past his first option on passing plays, throws a rainbow on 20+ yard options, and forces our WR's to make great catches rather than himself throwing great passes. What made Montana so great didn't have anything to do with arm strength. It was his ability to read defenses, stay cool in the pocket, spread the ball around to keep defense guessing, and his his receivers in stride. Casshole has NONE of these qualities and will scew us fans over every time the rest of the team carries him to the playoffs.
This. Good post.

el borracho
09-26-2011, 11:19 PM
"Has the team given up on Cassel?"

On Cassel?- Maybe. But, even if they have, that shouldn't keep them from trying their personal best.

a. these guys are competitive. If they weren't, they wouldn't have made it to the NFL.
b. As grim as it seems to fans, the Chiefs are only in the third week of the season and are nowhere near eliminated, especially in the weak sauce AFC West.
c. Better individual performance = bigger dollar signs. Even if you can't win you can still earn some outrageous money.
d. Poor individual performance = end of their dream. You can see it on Cassel's face in the hat fumble; this year hasn't cost him a job- he's lost his dream job. It is the end of everything he has probably wanted since he was a kid.

milkman
09-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Look, moron....I will sum it up...You keep chiming in with one liners but yet you do not address the actual points:

1) (In answer to the OP) NO the team isn't giving up. It was a stupid pointed question. Of course the team isn't going to give up. That is only for the front office to do (yank cassel).

Nightfrye didn't ask if the team gave up.
He asked if the team has given up on Cassel.

Those are two entirely different questions.

2) Anyone that gave up on the Chiefs after one or two (or even zero) games and was rooting for them to lose is a pillowbitergot and shall reap what they sow.

Im sorry if you fall into category two, but hey, the truth hurts sometimes.

I don't see where White Whale said that he gave up on the Chiefs.

milkman
09-28-2011, 08:22 AM
"Has the team given up on Cassel?"

On Cassel?- Maybe. But, even if they have, that shouldn't keep them from trying their personal best.

a. these guys are competitive. If they weren't, they wouldn't have made it to the NFL.
b. As grim as it seems to fans, the Chiefs are only in the third week of the season and are nowhere near eliminated, especially in the weak sauce AFC West.
c. Better individual performance = bigger dollar signs. Even if you can't win you can still earn some outrageous money.
d. Poor individual performance = end of their dream. You can see it on Cassel's face in the hat fumble; this year hasn't cost him a job- he's lost his dream job. It is the end of everything he has probably wanted since he was a kid.

Not sure that the AFC West is as "weaksauce" this year as it has been.

Despite how the Chargers looked Sunday, they are a team that will be battling for the post season as a division winner or a wild card.

They'll win a lot of games.

And the Raiders are playing tough, hard nosed football.
They have their own issues at QB, but Jason Campbell isn't nearly the anchor for a competitive team that Cassel is.

KC and Denver will be in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.

stevieray
09-28-2011, 08:29 AM
You can see it on Cassel's face in the hat fumble; this year hasn't cost him a job- he's lost his dream job. It is the end of everything he has probably wanted since he was a kid.

ya, that moment definitely had some unavoidable finality to it...

it was like one of his passes...hat originally going on the head forward (...oh look there's bowe wide open), I think I'll put it on backwards (checkdown to pope), but his hand wasn't postioned right (throws off back foot), hat hits ground ( INTERCEPTION)....sctatches head and looks at camera (come at me bro)