PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Flowers injures ankle, not knee

suzzer99
09-26-2011, 01:40 AM
Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers told The Star after Sunday’s 20-17 loss that he injured an ankle in the first half and that he was uncertain of the injury’s severity.

The team initially said it was a knee injury, and Flowers said that even he thought he had hurt his knee after intercepting a deep pass by Philip Rivers and returning it 43 yards. But as time passed, Flowers said, he realized the injury was to his ankle.

Flowers was taken down near the San Diego sideline after his interception, and Chiefs trainers ran over to check on him. He lay on the turf for several minutes, and several teammates gathered before Flowers had to be helped back toward Kansas City’s sideline.

He said he was unable to put weight on the ankle, and even after undergoing an injection to reduce pain, Flowers still was able to feel the pressure in his ankle. He said he would undergo X-rays upon returning to Kansas City but that he hoped he suffered only a bad sprain.

Flowers said he hoped to play Sunday against Minnesota at Arrowhead Stadium but added that his chances would be determined by the X-ray results and whether he’d be able to run and cut at full speed.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/25/3167014/chiefs-buzz-cornerback-flowers.html#ixzz1Z2QM7iKz

a) How the hell do you not know if it's your ankle or your knee?

b) If that does somehow happen, could it be something really weird/serious?

crazycoffey
09-26-2011, 01:42 AM
I thought he was doing an impression of peter from family guy....

KC Tattoo
09-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Great job Brandon Flowers awesome pick, now best take care of your self at least through the next up comming games against Vikes & Colts. Maybe just take the rest of the season off and come back next year with some added Luck for the team.

suzzer99
09-26-2011, 01:45 AM
Ah crap, just saw the other thread. It was off the front page, sorry about that. This forum moves too fast.

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-26-2011, 12:21 PM
getnickwrightnick wright

Hearing it's the dreaded "High Ankle Sprain" for Brandon Flowers... That's usually 2-3 week minimum on the shelf. #Chiefs

CaliforniaChief
09-26-2011, 12:23 PM
getnickwrightnick wright

Hearing it's the dreaded "High Ankle Sprain" for Brandon Flowers... That's usually 2-3 week minimum on the shelf. #Chiefs

#SuckforLuck just got a big boost. These next two games will have a lot to say about the race.

Dicky McElephant
09-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Hopefully Carr can play his way into a new contract now.

SNR
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
This is how you get deep defensive backfields. You force young guys to make mistakes.

Arenas, Brown, and maybe even Daniels are going to be AWESOME players for when we grab Andrew Luck

penguinz
09-26-2011, 12:56 PM
getnickwrightnick wright

Hearing it's the dreaded "High Ankle Sprain" for Brandon Flowers... That's usually 2-3 week minimum on the shelf. #ChiefsThis is such BS. Get an injection, tape the fucker up and play.

mikey23545
09-26-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm sure all the "Suck Luck's Dick" brigade will be devastated to hear it's not an ACL...

jiveturkey
09-26-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm sure all the "Suck Luck's Dick" brigade will be devastated to hear it's not an ACL...He should still take the next two weeks off. These are must lose games and him running around picking people off isn't going to help.

Count Alex's Losses
09-26-2011, 02:42 PM
It's a high ankle sprain.

YOU COULD BE OUT FOR A MONTH FLOWERS! NO NEED TO RUSH BACK!

Direckshun
09-26-2011, 02:42 PM

YOU COULD BE OUT FOR A MONTH FLOWERS! NO NEED TO RUSH BACK!

LMAO

Zeke
09-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Pioli called down and said

"Todd, Too many knee injuries is becoming obvious. change it to an ankle"

Badda bing badda boom.

Rain Man
09-26-2011, 02:50 PM
This is how you get deep defensive backfields. You force young guys to make mistakes.

Arenas, Brown, and maybe even Daniels are going to be AWESOME players for when we grab Andrew Luck

Oh, hey. Did Brown play yesterday? I noticed Washington and Daniels out there a lot, and didn't see Arenas much, which surprises me in retrospect. I don't remember seeing Brown at all, but then again I was watching without sound at a sports bar so maybe I missed him.

penguinz
09-26-2011, 02:51 PM

YOU COULD BE OUT FOR A MONTH FLOWERS! NO NEED TO RUSH BACK!Fuck that. We need a half speed DB in there that can't even attempt to jump anymore.

HemiEd
09-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Glad it is not an ACL, and hope he gets back soon.

Sofa King
09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Glad it is not an ACL, and hope he gets back soon.

No kidding. This x 1000

BossChief
09-26-2011, 03:01 PM
SFL aside, they should sit him for a month if it really is a HAS.

Those can get real nasty if they don't heal right.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2011, 03:04 PM
SFL aside, they should sit him for a month if it really is a HAS.

Those can get real nasty if they don't heal right.

See Dexter last year...

No need to bring him back anytime soon.

TEX
09-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Wow, another game - another injury. Imagine that...:banghead:

BossChief
09-26-2011, 03:30 PM
See Dexter last year...

No need to bring him back anytime soon.

here was my first comment after word leaked that Dexter had a HAS last year with nothing to due with SFL:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7126873&postcount=16
If he really has a high ankle sprain, this could be pretty bad. Especially for a player with his specific skill set.

Those can linger and resurface frequently if he gets rushed back too soon.

Id rest him for 3-4 games just to be safe. Maybe more.

Same applies to Flowers

BossChief
09-26-2011, 03:32 PM
How close was Charles to getting the cover of Madden?

suzzer99
09-26-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm sure all the "Suck Luck's Dick" brigade will be devastated to hear it's not an ACL...

No one is that dumb. You could argue Flowers is the last guy on the Chiefs who could afford to lose a step. Even RBs like Charles can learn a few more moves and re-invent themselves (see Priest). But a CB who's already not blazing fast is screwed. He'd have to convert to safety. Which actually might not be so terrible. Hmmmm.... Flowers/Berry, with Carr and some young tall speedster at the other CB? :drool: