PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Herman calls Bullshit. Refreshing is it not?

HonestChieffan
09-26-2011, 07:40 AM
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/herman_cain_031411-thumb-640xauto-2587-550x348.jpg

ORLANDO, Fla. — Not everyone needs to go to Disney World to have fun in central Florida.

After one of Herman Cain’s strongest showings yet at a Republican presidential debate Thursday, and two days with conservative activists in the state, he won the “Presidency 5″ straw poll in Orlando over the weekend, beating Texas Gov. Rick Perry, the front-runner in the primary race, by more than 20 points.

While straw polls are not scientific and their results can be poor indicators of whether a candidate will win a party’s nomination–the latest actual Florida poll put Cain near the bottom–they can help spark some momentum, especially for lower-tier candidates. For Cain, a 65-year-old businessman, mathematician, author and radio host from Atlanta, Georgia, his straw poll win could well be the high-water mark of his campaign. And by his own admission, the path that brought him this far wasn’t an easy one. The morning before the straw poll, I met Cain for coffee in a hotel near the convention center that hosted the debate and straw poll. As we discussed the early phase of the Republican primaries, he told me that before coming to Florida, he had nearly called it quits on two occasions.

“I’m bored if I don’t have a challenge,” he said.

Cain said the run for the White House is his toughest challenge yet–and it’s been anything but boring. Despite the frustrations of running a national campaign, you can tell he’s enjoying it. But it doesn’t take much to get him riled up.

After a few caffeine-heavy refills at our corner table, I asked him about President Obama’s new effort to raise taxes on the wealthy, and Cain just about blew a blood vessel–especially when I mentioned the part where Obama says it’s about “math” not “class warfare.”

“Can I be blunt? That’s a lie,” Cain said, before the sound of his voice began to rise noticeably higher. “You’re not supposed to call the president a liar. Well if you’re not supposed to call the president a liar, he shouldn’t tell a lie. If it’s not class warfare, it’s highway robbery. He wants us to believe it’s not class warfare, oh okay, it’s not class warfare. Pick my pockets, because that’s what he’s doing!”

Cain paused, took a breath and looked at me.

“I’m not mad at you, I just get passionate about this stuff,” he said. “I have to tell people because I get so worked up . . . . I’m listening to all this bullshit that he’s talking about, ‘fairness’ and ‘balanced approach’ to get this economy going.”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/cain-nearly-quit-campaign-florida-straw-poll-says-115734617.html

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 08:04 AM
I just betcha he'd bullshit about TARP and some other things though. Like about the fraud that was committed by those who were bailed out?

So Straw Polls help a candidate gain momentum now. Is this because it's a pro-Establishment, pro-TARP candidate?

Wonder why the GOP canceled the straw poll in Texas, then?

Nah, this is not refreshing.

Chocolate Hog
09-26-2011, 08:24 AM
I didn't know he was a mathematician. This would explain why he's always counting with his hands when he's not talking about Sharia Law.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 08:28 AM
I didn't know he was a mathematician. This would explain why he's always counting with his hands when he's not talking about Sharia Law.

Plus, it shows he's a Keynesian. Economics is math—not about human action. This is the system that put us in the economic mess we're in.

BigChiefFan
09-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Cain is a poser. We don't need anymore insiders blowing smoke up our asses.

Calcountry
09-26-2011, 12:19 PM
I just betcha he'd bullshit about TARP and some other things though. Like about the fraud that was committed by those who were bailed out?

So Straw Polls help a candidate gain momentum now. Is this because it's a pro-Establishment, pro-TARP candidate?

Wonder why the GOP canceled the straw poll in Texas, then?

Nah, this is not refreshing.Yeah, Ron Paul won the straw poll in California. Nobody said nuthin.

Besides, Cain is from the evil FED.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Cain is a poser. We don't need anymore insiders blowing smoke up our asses.

QFT!

HonestChieffan
09-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah, Ron Paul won the straw poll in California. Nobody said nuthin.

Besides, Cain is from the evil FED.

Not the FED!

Bewbies
09-26-2011, 12:58 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Ron Paul is more of a pied piper than Obama ever was. It's just a smaller group that dances to his tune.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 01:05 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Ron Paul is more of a pied piper than Obama ever was. It's just a smaller group that dances to his tune.

No he's not. He speaks the truth and would never lead others to their deaths intentionally through trickery.

Meanwhile, despite what we are told about this economy doing better, it isn't.
Meanwhile, the EU and EMU are collapsing despite what we're told.
The folks in charge, Cain's camp, are failing.

Bewbies
09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
No he's not. He speaks the truth and would never lead others to their deaths intentionally through trickery.

Meanwhile, despite what we are told about this economy doing better, it isn't.
Meanwhile, the EU and EMU are collapsing despite what we're told.
The folks in charge, Cain's camp, are failing.

DANCE BITCH!!

Ace Gunner
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Cain is an imposter in this.

I respect him as a man, but he's another corporatist puppet in cloak.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 08:53 PM
DANCE BITCH!!

You're the one with the name "Bewbies." Lol. Will you be my partner in the Liberty Waltz?

BTW, whose tune do you dance to? You still standing against the wall waiting for someone that strikes your fancy?

I'll just bet you're in the anybody but Obama camp and have no enthusiasm for anyone.

Rain Man
09-26-2011, 09:32 PM
I didn't know that this guy founded Godfather's Pizza. I had many memorable moments in Godfather's Pizza growing up. I think I'll vote for him.

Fishpicker
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I didn't know that this guy founded Godfather's Pizza. I had many memorable moments in Godfather's Pizza growing up. I think I'll vote for him.

And he hired Bert Sugar to be the face of his company in their ads. That shows he has brass balls.

Rain Man
09-26-2011, 09:47 PM
And he hired Bert Sugar to be the face of his company in their ads. That shows he has brass balls.

"I'm going to start a restaurant chain. Let's see...I'll name it after the mafia."

This guy's not afraid of anything.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 11:01 PM

He hasn't met my Sicilian family.

Warrior5
09-27-2011, 08:03 AM
"I'm going to start a restaurant chain. Let's see...I'll name it after the mafia."

Herman Cain, the pizza-makin' Honey Badger...

Bewbies
09-27-2011, 11:29 AM
You're the one with the name "Bewbies." Lol. Will you be my partner in the Liberty Waltz?

BTW, whose tune do you dance to? You still standing against the wall waiting for someone that strikes your fancy?

I'll just bet you're in the anybody but Obama camp and have no enthusiasm for anyone.

The idea that Ron Paul is the only one that tells 100% truth, and is for 100% liberty, while the rest are neo-con traitors is hilarious.

Like I said, dance. LMAO

(as I've said many times before, I do like Ron Paul)

BucEyedPea
09-27-2011, 11:46 AM
The idea that Ron Paul is the only one that tells 100% truth, and is for 100% liberty, while the rest are neo-con traitors is hilarious.
Nice logical fallacy known as a strawman. I didn't use the word traitors for the rest, certainly not on Huntsman or Johnson. Romney I see was a RINO and Santorum RR.

Like I said, dance. LMAO

Apparently that's what you're doing too, Bewbus. But you're stepping on toes.

You do however, learn well, from the Flying Monkeys here though.