PDA

View Full Version : Elections The Hill: Perry To Drop Out, Ron Paul To Be Romney’s Rival

KILLER_CLOWN
09-26-2011, 03:23 PM
When Rick Perry drops out: Ron Paul could be second place, Republicans enter the Wild West

By Brent Budowsky - 09/26/11 09:55 AM ET

I wrote in August that Rick Perry will self- destruct within 30 days. His prospects for the presidency were as phony as the fantasy of a two-person race was false. Perry is a phony conservative who is not conservative. He is a pay-for-play politician who gobbled up Obama stimulus like a hound dog eating a bone, and created oceans of new government jobs in Texas while his big donors mysteriously received big government contracts. The Texas deficit ballooned and the Texas jobless rate doubled on Rick Perry's watch.

I will not speculate about the reasons for Rick Perry' s strange, weird and incoherent debate performance. Major new negative stories about Perry will soon emerge in the media. Trust me. Perry will drop out long before the year ends. If he dropped out today Ron Paul could well be in second place. Will pundits say it is a two-man race between Romney and Paul?

This is the most unpredicable campaign in many years. One insider recently asserted that if the election were held today Obama would certainly lose. Nonsense. Obama would cream Perry. I laughed when media pundits lauded the buffoon Donald Trump for a month as the great Republican hope.

This notion that the GOP contest was a two-man race was a mirage and pure pundit malpractice from the beginning.

Another mirage is Chris Christie, a not-very- popular freshman governor with zero national experience who could easily be defeated for reelection by dynamic Democratic Mayor Cory Booker.

Sarah Palin could jump in, but if she did, her motive would be to prevent any other Republican from winning. Obama would clean Palin's clock. So what next?

Mitt Romney is the Tom Dewey of 2012. He is qualified, presidential — and distrusted by virtually everyone. Like Dewey he looks like the plastic man on the wedding cake. He could be elected. Remember, Dewey almost won in 1948, but if Obama plays Truman I suspect he beats Mitt, but I could be wrong.

When Perry drops out, Ron Paul could be in second place. It could be a magical moment for Ron Paul, and perhaps Herman Cain, for a clean shot at second place. Let’s see what they do with it. Both Paul and Cain deserve far more respect from the major media. This is not a Soviet campaign where Pravda-like pundits treat certain candidates as though they do not exist.

If Jon Huntsman moves above the 10 percent he recently polled in New Hampshire, he becomes very serious. If not, he drops out by December and endorses Mitt.

The Republican battle is the exact opposite of a two-person race and always has been. It is wide open like the Wild West. The big question is who emerges as the leading conservative opponent to Romney, and whether Romney can make the leap to be trusted as a credible president.

Forget Chris Christie. The man to watch is Mitch Daniels, governor of Indiana. Daniels is trusted by all factions of the party, is highly qualified, and in my view has the best chance of defeating Obama. I have said it before. Remember where you heard it.

Rick Perry is toast. The two-man race is dead. The Republicans have entered the Wild West without Perry as a big-time player.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/183807-when-rick-perry-drops-out-ron-paul-could-be-second-place-republicans-enter-the-wild-west?page=2#comments

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Oh I wish I had a live video of patteeu right now!

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 03:29 PM
But Mitch Daniels is half Arab and won an award from the Arab-American Institute.
Will the right call him out as a Muslim?

What say you, to his judgement in pushing Christie though? Seems like a lapse.

orange
09-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Caribou Barbie to the rescue!

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/o/J/2/caribou-barbie-pic.jpg

KILLER_CLOWN
09-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Tundra Barbie to the rescue!

:rolleyes:

KILLER_CLOWN
09-26-2011, 03:39 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kyx7Mkb5uDU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kyx7Mkb5uDU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 03:41 PM
I wrote in August that Rick Perry will self- destruct within 30 days.

This is what Lew Rockwell said when Perry entered too.

Will pundits say it is a two-man race between Romney and Paul?

Nope! Never! They will continue to wander through the wilderness for another and another candidate.

This is the most unpredicable campaign in many years.
I'll say!

Chocolate Hog
09-26-2011, 03:44 PM
This would be a nightmare for Republicans. 2nd place they'd have to give Ron a speaking spot at the convention.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 03:48 PM
This would be a nightmare for Republicans. 2nd place they'd have to give Ron a speaking spot at the convention.
Fox would rip him apart. Seriously, if he does better the attacks will get worse. They've already started over at the NeoCon Review. I love watching them get apoplectic while they lie like Persian rugs. LMAO

ClevelandBronco
09-26-2011, 03:56 PM

If Ron Paul were to find himself in second place going into the convention (an unlikely scenario, IMO), he would be be in a position to demand serious concessions from the center right, lest he show his disapproval by not showing up at all.

ROYC75
09-26-2011, 04:02 PM
I wish Mitch Daniels would run. I prefer him over Christie. Christie is intriguing, I need to know more about him.

But Daniels would get a lot of support, Republican, Independants, moderate D's., he could do well.

blaise
09-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Rick Perry wasn't going to win. Regardless of who replaces him you don't lose anything.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm confused by the math here. According to the latest poll, Perry is in front, and Paul is in 6th. How does Perry's dropping out put Paul in second?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-26-2011, 05:00 PM
I'm confused by the math here. According to the latest poll, Perry is in front, and Paul is in 6th. How does Perry's dropping out put Paul in second?

The math was wrong to begin with?

orange
09-26-2011, 05:17 PM
The Cain Mutiny

James Moore Author; Communications Consultant; Novelist Manque'; Genial Wiseacre

Posted: 9/26/11 02:23 PM ET

Rick Perry is looking wobbly. But he has been politically staggered before and recovered to win the fight. If he falters in his current effort, it will be the first time in his 26-year career of public service.

Analysts are busy writing obituaries for Perry's presidential aspirations and there are many of us who would like to attend that funeral. But his current predicament is only a transitory moment in the GOP primary. Herman Cain's Florida success has Republican Primary voters and big campaign donors wondering if Perry is good for the long, hard haul that is a run for the White House.

But what are their other choices?

Perry's bumpy performance in the debates has prompted these reconsiderations. Media trainers have taught him how to "bridge" away from questions and talk about whatever he wants but when he ignored the query about Pakistan and started rambling about selling planes to India he looked foolish. When he tried to describe the various versions of Mitt Romney he sounded a bit like George W. Bush struggling to recite the aphorism about not getting fooled again. And then Perry told his base supporters they didn't have a heart. But they aren't seeking either a legal separation or a divorce. His voters are just upset after a bit of a lover's quarrel.

They won't hook up with either Ron Paul or Michele Bachmann because neither of them have electability. And when those two candidates drop out of the race, their supporters will be left choosing between Perry, Romney, Cain, and maybe Huntsman. Cain's unfettered rhetoric offers a grand appeal and his 999 tax plan is simple enough for a broad group of voters to understand and embrace, and like Romney he has had great success in business. But he is new to politics on this scale and doubts about his electability will persist.

Which, basically, leaves Romney.

And the conservative wing of the GOP cannot forgive Romney's statewide health care plan in Massachusetts, and his constantly evolving positions on the Tea Party and evangelical issues like abortion, gay marriage, and global warming. Romney brings a disturbing level of rational thought to those topics and the right wing GOP base is not interested in listening. It already knows what it thinks. The primary voters re-thinking their Perry support after the debates and Florida aren't re-thinking what they already think about Mitt Romney.

A new CNN poll taken after the Cain mutiny in the Florida Straw Poll and subsequent to Perry's amateurish performance in the FOX News/Google debate shows Perry still with a comfortable 7-point lead over Romney. Everyone else is below 10 percent but the Bachmann and Paul vote together totals around 16 percent. As their campaigns fade and they are forced to confront reality, where, exactly, can their voters be expected to land?

Not in Romney's camp.

Perry's support will return. Straw polls and debates don't decide nominations and are only a small piece of what picks a president. George H. W. Bush was so bad in debates with Michael Dukakis that his lack of linguist skills was turned into a Saturday Night Live skit and everyone remembers how Senator Lloyd Bentsen of Texas stuck a shiv in Dan Quayle for comparing himself to John F. Kennedy. But nobody remembers a Dukakis-Bentsen administration.

The only place Rick Perry is going is further out in front of the GOP pack.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-moore/the-cain-mutiny_b_981574.html

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 05:28 PM
*** WARNING - HUFFINGTONPOST ***
LMAO

Well there's a great article over there about how Aile's wants Fox to tone down their "hard" right rhetoric ( their words). Plus, the juicy gossip tidbit on how O'Reilly hates Hannity.

blaise
09-26-2011, 05:33 PM
orange, you don't need a disclaimer saying it's a huffpost link. We just assume everything you say came from there.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 05:33 PM
...debates don't decide nominations and are only a small piece of what picks a president.

Wasn't there a poll in this forum on winning debates an indication of who would win? I thought most didn't think they won elections.

patteeu
09-26-2011, 05:48 PM
If Perry drops out, Romney's chief rival will either be Cain, Huntsman, or Gingrich, IMO. Probably Cain. I think a Romney/Cain ticket, endorsed by Sarah Palin is a winner.

Ron Paul faces a bullet-proof glass ceiling so I don't see him being much of a rival.

SNR
09-26-2011, 05:55 PM
If Perry drops out, Romney's chief rival will either be Cain, Huntsman, or Gingrich, IMO. Probably Cain. I think a Romney/Cain ticket, endorsed by Sarah Palin is a winner.

Ron Paul faces a bullet-proof glass ceiling so I don't see him being much of a rival.Jon Huntsman? Who the fuck is that?

Oh. You mean THIS Jon Huntsman?
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/26/huntsman-spot-in-oct-18-debate-endangered/

suzzer99
09-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Who thinks Palin will jump in if Perry drops out?

SNR
09-26-2011, 06:02 PM
The Republicans are fucking dead if she shows up to the party. Obama will win.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 06:10 PM

Republicans don't want her to enter.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Gringrich has too much baggage—personally and politically.

ClevelandBronco
09-26-2011, 06:12 PM
The Republicans are ****ing dead if she shows up to the party. Obama will win.

Palin is toast. Doesn't matter if she enters, IMO.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 06:15 PM

Ron Paul faces a bullet-proof glass ceiling so I don't see him being much of a rival.

I think Rubio is going to be the VP regardless of who wins.

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 06:17 PM

What a waste of oratory talent putting him in that position.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 06:20 PM
He could be the nominee in 4/8 years.

patteeu
09-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Jon Huntsman? Who the **** is that?

Oh. You mean THIS Jon Huntsman?
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/26/huntsman-spot-in-oct-18-debate-endangered/

LMAO

patteeu
09-26-2011, 06:21 PM

That would be a pretty solid choice.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Jindal would be my dark horse for VP.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 06:40 PM
The math was wrong to begin with?

Every poll is conducted by people bad at math?

In the last 6 polls, Paul has drawn 5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 13. Throw out the top and the bottom, and you've got an average of 7 percent. BFD.

wazu
09-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Ron Paul should want Perry to stay in. And Palin and every other Republican on earth to join. Thins out the vote, but won't affect his share.

HonestChieffan
09-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Jindal would be my dark horse for VP.

Racist

Brock
09-26-2011, 06:56 PM

Nobody.

Chocolate Hog
09-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Somehow Ron Paul went from 13% to 7% in a week.

Saul Good
09-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Somehow Ron Paul went from 13% to 7% in a week.

Actually, he went 8, 5, 7, 13, 6, 7. Which of these do you think was an outlier?

HonestChieffan
09-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Actually, he went 8, 5, 7, 13, 6, 7. Which of these do you think was an outlier?

Damn near a bell shaped curve. So that should prove all points are valid.

patteeu
09-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Ron Paul should want Perry to stay in. And Palin and every other Republican on earth to join. Thins out the vote, but won't affect his share.

I agree.

Chocolate Hog
09-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Lawlz

http://www.ibopezogby.com/news/2011/09/26/ibope-zogby-poll-perry-plummets-18-trails-cain-lead-among-gop-primary-voters/

Cain: 28%
Perry: 18%
Romney: 17%
Paul: 11%
Gingrich: 06%
Huntsman: 05%
Bachmann: 04%
Santorum: 02%
Johnson. 01%
Karger: 01%

Ace Gunner
09-26-2011, 08:43 PM
"This is not a Soviet campaign where Pravda-like pundits treat certain candidates as though they do not exist"

hahaha. sure comrade.

Taco John
09-26-2011, 10:01 PM

What poll are you looking at? The RCP average has Paul in third right now. The USA Today poll has Paul as the only candidate outside of Mitt and Romney in triple digits (http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2011-09-19/republican-poll-gop-perry-romney/50467944/1).

Taco John
09-26-2011, 10:02 PM

I'm not so sure about that. I think Perry draws a fair number of swing votes that would go in his direction if he were out of the running.

Taco John
09-26-2011, 10:05 PM

I don't. I think Palin wants to carve herself a permenant spot in the conservative tapistry, ala Rush Limbaugh. I don't think she cares to muddy herself up with actual governing. She's living a pretty great life right now. Why muck that up by taking a really shitty job?

AustinChief
09-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I am hoping Bachman and Gingrich drop out soon.. Cain and Paul are non-starters so I am fine with them staying in...

My ultimate hope is for Perry to start to fade quickly and bow out and instead of Christie jumping in... Haley Barbour changes his mind and comes aboard.

Haley would immediately get massive support from the big money in the GOP and I think could run away with it...

If Barbour stays out then I am hoping for Huntsman to make a surge.

Dave Lane
09-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Perry self destructed long before he entered this race. He's a religious loon and I think there's no chance someone as openly religious nutjob gets elected ever again in the US. (crosses fingers)

pun intended

Psyko Tek
09-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Fox would rip him apart. Seriously, if he does better the attacks will get worse. They've already started over at the NeoCon Review. I love watching them get apoplectic while they lie like Persian rugs. LMAO

come on fox can't rip up Jon Stewardt, or Colbert, think they can lay a glove on anybody with a braincell or three
if there is anyway he get's center stage he will shread them,and lose to Obama

Dave Lane
09-26-2011, 10:47 PM
I am hoping Bachman and Gingrich drop out soon.. Cain and Paul are non-starters so I am fine with them staying in...

My ultimate hope is for Perry to start to fade quickly and bow out and instead of Christie jumping in... Haley Barbour changes his mind and comes aboard.

Haley would immediately get massive support from the big money in the GOP and I think could run away with it...

Shit my sacaso-meter is busted again. Thank someone that this is sarcasm. Haley Barbour for the mother fucking win LMAO LMAO

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 10:51 PM
come on fox can't rip up Jon Stewardt, or Colbert, think they can lay a glove on anybody with a braincell or three
if there is anyway he get's center stage he will shread them,and lose to Obama[

polls to date don't back you on the latter bolded part

BucEyedPea
09-26-2011, 10:55 PM
What poll are you looking at? The RCP average has Paul in third right now. The USA Today poll has Paul as the only candidate outside of Mitt and Romney in triple digits (http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2011-09-19/republican-poll-gop-perry-romney/50467944/1).

You sure that's the right link?

Anyhow, I love the end of that article where it says, Romney supporters are lukewarm about him. His support is tepid like I said before.

patteeu
09-27-2011, 05:36 AM

I think Barbour would be a good candidate.

oldandslow
09-27-2011, 05:54 AM
Romney will end up being the candidate, imo. And, in the end, has the best chance of beating the incumbent.

I know that reality sucks, but the Pauls, Palins, & Perrys are just white noise.

Chiefshrink
09-27-2011, 08:32 AM
If Christie gets in it hurts Romney big time. Tea Party doesn't like either one especially Romney. Christie talks a good game but his record is RINO and the Tea Party is starting to get this about him. But anyone is better than OMarxist at this point.

This race is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open at this point contrary to many political pundits and I really believe we have not seen the true conservative candidate that can actually win at this point. No I am not talking about Palin either.

I really like Cain but will the big $$ get behind him? If they do he can win IMO but if not well..............

patteeu
09-27-2011, 08:51 AM
If Christie gets in it hurts Romney big time. Tea Party doesn't like either one especially Romney. Christie talks a good game but his record is RINO and the Tea Party is starting to get this about him. But anyone is better than OMarxist at this point.

This race is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open at this point contrary to many political pundits and I really believe we have not seen the true conservative candidate that can actually win at this point. No I am not talking about Palin either.

I really like Cain but will the big $$ get behind him? If they do he can win IMO but if not well..............

There aren't going to be any "true conservatives" who can win in the race. There will be a few tokens who can provide some voters with a vote sink to soothe their consciences, but there isn't a heavy hitter who can win and there won't be. And none of the token candidates will run as a 3rd party candidate either.

BucEyedPea
09-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Paul and Romney capable of beating Barack Obama. None of the others in the GOP poll well against Obama.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/Harris-poll-Romney-RonPaul/2011/09/27/id/412375

The former Massachusetts governor also was the favored GOP candidate among independent voters, with Texas Rep. Ron Paul following close behind, according to the online survey of 2,462 adults taken in mid-September.

The news was also good for Paul when pitted against Obama in a head-to-head matchup.

While survey participants gave Romney a 53 percent to 47 percent edge over Obama in a general election race, they said Paul could also beat Obama by 51 percent to 49 percent.

When matched up against other Republican candidates however, Obama beats them all, including Texas Gov. Rick Perry by 51 percent to 49 percent.

FD
09-27-2011, 09:43 AM

Wasn't Perry supposed to be the "true conservative"?

BucEyedPea
09-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Not even Ron Paul is running on a purist platform. Ron Paul is only talking about rolling back the worst of what's happened since 2008 first, then 2000. Oh, sooooooooo pure!

What we know is a given is that past behavior is a good indicator of future behavior. So if you have these posers claiming to be conservative who aren't we can look at their records. They can't escape their records.

Now, you have a candidate with a solid small govt record, who says a president can't roll things back overnight, who promises to not put people who've become dependent on govt out on the street to save money, but who will have the ability to cease the war madness that is another BIG issue with 73% of people.

So who are you going to trust? The man with record of sticking to his principles, I would think.

Paul will at least halt the worst of the growth in govt, the others will continue to grow it. Just slower maybe or not at all. That's not a purist platform.

For those who think he won't be able to get anything done legislatively—NOT with enough Republicans in the House and Senate. Then again, I thought that's what conservatives want—not to let the govt do more to us. That's still better than making things worse. Although, I do think he will get the ball rolling, because there is enough support to repeal the worst that has happened in the past 4 years. He won't get everything and that protects you from his so-called more extreme ideas, many of which he may not even attempt because there's so much more serious stuff to fix first. The thing he won't do is enact rejected ideas through decree with Executive Orders. That abuse will stop.

So who ever is claiming those of us exposing Republicans for acting like Democrats doesn't mean we expect a pure candidate. Things are just too far out of hand. It's a strawman argument.

Saul Good
09-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Paul and Romney capable of beating Barack Obama. None of the others in the GOP poll well against Obama.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/Harris-poll-Romney-RonPaul/2011/09/27/id/412375

The problem with that poll is that they appear to have removed the undecideds, of which there are currently many. Undecided voters tend to break for the challenger unless there is a major event (or gaffe).

BucEyedPea
09-27-2011, 11:49 AM
The problem with that poll is that they appear to have removed the undecideds, of which there are currently many. Undecided voters tend to break for the challenger unless there is a major event (or gaffe).

Well, it's consistent with earlier polls one by CNN and another last summer 2010.

AustinChief
09-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Shit my sacaso-meter is busted again. Thank someone that this is sarcasm. Haley Barbour for the mother fucking win LMAO LMAO

Do you actually enjoy saying things that make you sound ridiculously ignorant?

You obviously know little to nothing about Barbour or how HUGE of a player he is within the GOP.

AustinChief
09-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I think Barbour would be a good candidate.

I think he'd be a fantastic candidate... but his wife and family don't want him to run, so it'd take an act of God to get him in the race at this point.

patteeu
09-27-2011, 05:44 PM
I think he'd be a fantastic candidate... but his wife and family don't want him to run, so it'd take an act of God to get him in the race at this point.

No wonder Dave Lane is against the idea.

LOCOChief
09-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Christie throws in eleventh hour and nothing stops him.

Listening to his keynote at the Reagan Library, very impressive.

We need him.

RJ
09-27-2011, 08:59 PM

I have a hard time picturing a Mississippi governor being elected POTUS. Mississippi only exists to make places like New Mexico, Arkansas and West Virginia look better.

Not to suggest that it's his fault, just can't see him being elected President.

BucEyedPea
09-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Barbour, the mega lobbyist in DC for foreign countries like Mexico to provide amnesty for illegals while charging $35k a month to them for it? That Haley Barbour. No thanks! And it will turn off voters on a bipartisan level.

Saul Good
09-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Barbour, the mega lobbyist in DC for foreign countries like Mexico to provide amnesty for illegals while charging $35k a month to them for it? That Haley Barbour. No thanks! And it will turn off voters on a bipartisan level.

Would you consider him to be more of a RINO or a neo-con?

BucEyedPea
09-27-2011, 09:29 PM

I'd have to know more about him. I just knew that about the immigration. In general Rs are not strong on the illegal immigration issue because the corporations like the cheaper labor. The immigration issues bumps into the job situation though.

At least he helped to defeat the Kyoto Protocol and put the kibosh on Bush's campaign promise to regulate CO2. Still, I'd have to know more.

RJ
09-27-2011, 09:33 PM

I'd go with NeoRINOconasaurus.

BucEyedPea
09-27-2011, 09:37 PM

Oh, btw, all neo-cons are RINOs but not all RINOs are neocons. NC is a sub-division of RINO.

ClevelandBronco
09-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Christie throws in eleventh hour and nothing stops him.

Listening to his keynote at the Reagan Library, very impressive.

We need him.

No question that he can make some noise and cause a stir whenever he might step forward, but winning the presidency usually takes a machine. Building a machine takes time.

AustinChief
09-28-2011, 04:26 AM

THANK YOU.. knowing that you are against him makes me even more certain that he is a fantastic choice... could you please root against the Chiefs from now on...

btw.. you know jack shit about Haley Barbour as a person.. just as you know jack shit about Ron Paul... sorry, I am getting off track.. let's sum it up, you know jack shit about ANYTHING...please don't respond to my posts unless you have something of value to offer.

AustinChief
09-28-2011, 04:31 AM
I have a hard time picturing a Mississippi governor being elected POTUS. Mississippi only exists to make places like New Mexico, Arkansas and West Virginia look better.

Not to suggest that it's his fault, just can't see him being elected President.

I would agree with you from a knee jerk stand point.. but I know Haley and he's a good man.. but more importantly he is EASILY in the TOP TWO most powerful people in Republican politics... #1 Haley Barbour... #2 Karl Rove... if anyone thinks otherwise... they are either ignorant or stupid.

Google AMERICAN CROSSROADS PAC and do the research.. it's scary how much those two have at their disposal...

patteeu
09-28-2011, 05:18 AM
Oh, btw, all neo-cons are RINOs but not all RINOs are neocons. NC is a sub-division of RINO.

:facepalm:

BucEyedPea
09-28-2011, 09:35 AM
THANK YOU.. knowing that you are against him makes me even more certain that he is a fantastic choice... could you please root against the Chiefs from now on...
I don't root against the Chiefs anyway. I don't root against Haley necessarily either just stating a fact about what he's done.

btw.. you know jack shit about Haley Barbour as a person.. just as you know jack shit about Ron Paul... sorry, I am getting off track.. let's sum it up, you know jack shit about ANYTHING...please don't respond to my posts unless you have something of value to offer.

I said I didn't know enough about him—but I did know that. If it got out just as Perry's giving education aid to illegals it would not help him.
I know enough about Ron Paul that I need to know to make a decision about casting a nomination vote about him versus the corruption in either of the two parties.

Wow! Talk about getting under someone's skin for just stating a fact or opinion.