PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Lay A Turd For Robert Griffin III

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2011, 10:37 AM
The guys on 810 are really selling this guy hard and I was already a big mark for him. Assuming we screw up getting the #1 pick which I'm sure we will is RG3 such a bad consolation prize?

Bambi
09-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Plenty of QBs in this draft are so much better than Cassell.

I'd take any of them and throw them in there:

Luck, Jones, RGIII

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Plenty of QBs in this draft are so much better than Cassell.

I'd take any of them and throw them in there:

Luck, Jones, RGIII

I would be pretty disappointed if we knew we were going after a QB and instead of making a balls to wall run for Luck or RG3, we had to settle for Jones or Barkley.

DJ's left nut
09-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Griffin has an almost limitless ceiling.

He's definitely my 2nd favorite QB in the draft. If we can't get the #1 overall and the Broncos sell out for Luck (they will), then we should move hard to get Griffin.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
He's got a ton of potential, but he'll be a project.

Chiefnj2
09-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Griffin is the type of QB that this board would have had a HUGE negative opinion on two years ago.

Saulbadguy
09-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Griffin is the type of QB that this board would have had a HUGE negative opinion on two years ago.

I'm guessing it hasn't gotten much better.

blaise
09-27-2011, 11:17 AM
You mean with their first round pick?

the Talking Can
09-27-2011, 11:20 AM
haven't seen a lot of him, but interesting player....i'm guessing he'll be there mid to late 1st

DJ's left nut
09-27-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm guessing it hasn't gotten much better.

There was a sizeable pro-Kaepernick contingent last draft and he wasn't nearly the prospect that Griffin is.

Robert Griffin has a much higher bust potential than Andrew Luck. At the same time, he could actually end up being more dangerous than Andrew. He's extremely smart, he's lightening fast, he's strong and he has a cannon of an arm.

He doesn't have the 'football training' that Luck has by virtue of the fact that Luck has been almost perfectly groomed. It's not that Griffin's completely raw (he has better football training than Newton or Gabbert did), it's just that Luck is a very high hurdle. He also doesn't have the height that you'd like to see at only about 6'2''.

Griffin is a very very intriguing guy to keep an eye on as the conference season progresses. He could be unlike anything this franchise has ever seen.

Demonpenz
09-27-2011, 11:27 AM
most men on here love the white hard working guy with lesser talent. Thats what is with the endless love for Joe Montana, what they are learning is it's time for the best athletes to be at the most important position. Hmmmmm Black Never tasted so sweet.

CoMoChief
Need a QB with good awareness and a knack for the game. Luck has that more than any other QB. He'd be ready to start week 1. I'm all for Suck for Luck.

This team has NEVER drafted/groomed their own franchise QB....nothing but other team's castoffs the past 20 or so years.

From what I hear, we have the most scouts watching him. If Clark wants to get people in the seats ...suck for Luck....trade Cassel.

bobbything
If Luck is the best QB prospect in years, I'd trade up whatever the #1 team wants to get him. What I saw out of Cassel yesterday really makes me want to go all in with a legit college QB. If we don't, I have little doubt that the Hunts will make a deal with some team for their bullsh*t, aging QB who had a decent year.

DJ's left nut
09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
If Luck is the best QB prospect in years, I'd trade up whatever the #1 team wants to get him. What I saw out of Cassel yesterday really makes me want to go all in with a legit college QB. If we don't, I have little doubt that the Hunts will make a deal with some team for their bullsh*t, aging QB who had a decent year.

Nah.

He'll make a deal for Matt Flynn.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Robert Griffin has a much higher bust potential than Andrew Luck. At the same time, he could actually end up being more dangerous than Andrew.

Huge potential, but he could also turn out to be Tony Banks.

the Talking Can
09-27-2011, 11:29 AM
i care less about who we draft then that we actually draft and commit to a first round QB....after 30 years, that in and of itself would be seismic...

I also say that because Pioli is going to be pulling the trigger and he's proven he knows jack shit about the position...

Bewbies
09-27-2011, 11:32 AM
i care less about who we draft then that we actually draft and commit to a first round QB....after 30 years, that in and of itself would be seismic...

I also say that because Pioli is going to be pulling the trigger and he's proven he knows jack shit about the position...

Yeah right.

Haven't you noticed how smart the Patriot Way is--and how well it would have worked if they didn't have Tom Brady?

Do the Colts look like a team run by a genius GM today now that Peyton Manning is out?

Would the Saints be everybody's favorite team if they hadn't picked up Drew Brees?

Coaches, owners, GM's and front offices look like tards unless they pick a franchise QB, then they are all genius--and can do no wrong.

The reality is if Pioli lucks into a great QB in this draft all his past fuck ups will be forgiven and everyone here will call the guy a genius. So sad but true.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah right.

Haven't you noticed how smart the Patriot Way is--and how well it would have worked if they didn't have Tom Brady?

Do the Colts look like a team run by a genius GM today now that Peyton Manning is out?

Would the Saints be everybody's favorite team if they hadn't picked up Drew Brees?

Coaches, owners, GM's and front offices look like tards unless they pick a franchise QB, then they are all genius--and can do no wrong.

The reality is if Pioli lucks into a great QB in this draft all his past fuck ups will be forgiven and everyone here will call the guy a genius. So sad but true.

Generally true. However, Bill Polian has done it in the CFL, in Buffalo, in Carolina, and in Indy.

John Evans
09-27-2011, 11:43 AM
shat a turd for robert

Chiefnj2
09-27-2011, 11:45 AM
2009 - You can't draft a QB who comes from a spread offense, or doesn't take snaps from under center, or who plays in a weak conference, or plays on a team with too much talent ...

2011 - It doesn't matter if he only has three fingers on his throwing hand and is legally blind in his left eye, he's better than Cassel!!

durtyrute
09-27-2011, 11:48 AM
We have a qb on our roster right now that is better than our starter

DJ's left nut
09-27-2011, 11:52 AM
2009 - You can't draft a QB who comes from a spread offense, or doesn't take snaps from under center, or who plays in a weak conference, or plays on a team with too much talent ...

2011 - It doesn't matter if he only has three fingers on his throwing hand and is legally blind in his left eye, he's better than Cassel!!

Yeah, but nearly everyone that said something like the comment in bold was also Pro-Cassel.

Some people are just kinda stupid and have to be beaten over the head by results before they come around.

I'd say they'll be on board this time.

Chiefnj2
09-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah, but nearly everyone that said something like the comment in bold was also Pro-Cassel.

Bullshit. You can't draft a spread QB was a drafturbator mantra.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 12:11 PM

Was it "You can't draft a spread QB" or "You can't draft a spread QB top-5" because that does make a difference and I doubt anyone is clamoring for RGIII at #1 overall.

SNR
09-27-2011, 12:14 PM

2011 - It doesn't matter if he only has three fingers on his throwing hand and is legally blind in his left eye, he's better than Cassel!!You're getting 2009 and 2010 mixed up. 2009 was Mark Sanchez-mania!!!!11

Which... seriously. I still say we should have taken Sanchez.

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Was it "You can't draft a spread QB" or "You can't draft a spread QB top-5" because that does make a difference and I doubt anyone is clamoring for RGIII at #1 overall.

No, but I might be clamoring for him #2 overall.

SNR
09-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Griffin is a very very intriguing guy to keep an eye on as the conference season progresses. He could be unlike anything this franchise has ever seen.D00d Marques Hagans FTW!!!

Coogs
09-27-2011, 12:19 PM
God I hope this is not 1983 all over again!

SNR
09-27-2011, 12:22 PM
God I hope this is not 1983 all over again!If it is, who cares? Get another QB and start over

Urc Burry
09-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Fun fact: He has thrown more TD's (13) than incompletions (12)

the Talking Can
09-27-2011, 12:32 PM
God I hope this is not 1983 all over again!

why?

why do people still worry about drafting a QB because of something that happened 30 years ago?

InChiefsHell
09-27-2011, 12:35 PM
I fucking hate that we are talking about the draft in week 4...but it is what it is.

JASONSAUTO
09-27-2011, 12:39 PM

Some people are just kinda stupid and have to be beaten over the head by results before they come around.

I'd say they'll be on board this time.

wrong, just wrong.

better look back.

'Hamas' Jenkins
The Spread is a problem for players that don't have skill sets that supersede the offense.

Anyone could look at Blaine Gabbert and see that he's a prototype regardless of the college offense he played in (and FWIW, he had more QB training than Griffin, as he ran a pro-style offense in HS and had a pro-style QB coach since he was 13).

It's a different story when you are comparing Sam Bradford to Matt Stafford and people are using stats to say that Bradford will be the better QB when almost all of the throws he made were quick hitters to receivers who then got huge chunks of YAC.

Interestingly enough, Bradford essentially ran a WCO offense his rookie year. Most people, myself included, who were not pro-Bradford said that he's a best fit for a WCO offense. He completed a sizable number of passes last year, but even then was near the bottom of the NFL in YPA. Why? Because almost all of the passes were dump offs. It was a super vanilla, WCO-style offense.

This year, with an offense that pushes the ball downfield he's only completing about half of his passes, and if you watched the MNF game against New York, he struggled mightily throwing the ball in that New York wind.

Meanwhile, Stafford, who was the real point of contention of the entire 2008 season (that nearly everyone has forgotten) looks like an elite NFL quarterback. He's completing over 2/3 of his throws when people bitched about his pro-style accuracy at Georgia.

The true irony, though, is that the supposedly fragile Bradford has missed little time while Stafford has missed huge chunks of two seasons.

SNR
why?

why do people still worry about drafting a QB because of something that happened 30 years ago?Maybe we SHOULD be worried about 1983.

If people are that fucking afraid of drafting a bust QB and they do it again, we may have to wait ANOTHER 30 years until we can try drafting a QB

JASONSAUTO

dude they bashed em all

DJ's left nut
09-27-2011, 12:40 PM

That was a mecca mantra and a point raised by folks that were violently pro stafford and pro sanchez over a couple of seasons. It was still relative - few said that bradford couldnt play, only that they preferred a conventional guy like stafford.

We will see something similar this year if we can't get luck and Jones is under consideration (or Foles).

SNR
09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
dude they bashed em allWait, was this 2009? The only spread QB getting drafted in the 1st round in 2009 was Josh Freeman.

Are you suggesting that given what you knew at the time in 2009, that the Chiefs should have drafted Josh Freeman? And if you are, where were you with this football take when we were talking about QBs?

Bump
09-27-2011, 12:47 PM
to hell with that. It should be Andrew Luck or bust! Seriously, Luck is the best QB to come out since Peyton Manning. He's gonna turn around whoever picks them almost instantly, I'll bet on that.

SNR
09-27-2011, 12:53 PM
to hell with that. It should be Andrew Luck or bust! Seriously, Luck is the best QB to come out since Peyton Manning. He's gonna turn around whoever picks them almost instantly, I'll bet on that.
Yeah, but we're not in charge of the Chiefs. We can hope for the #1 overall pick, but that doesn't mean the Chiefs will cooperate and get it for us.

DeezNutz
09-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Wait, was this 2009? The only spread QB getting drafted in the 1st round in 2009 was Josh Freeman.

Are you suggesting that given what you knew at the time in 2009, that the Chiefs should have drafted Josh Freeman? And if you are, where were you with this football take when we were talking about QBs?

Freeman ran a pro-style set at KSU.

There was quite a bit of talk about the dangers of spread QBs and the lack of NFL throws, points that definitely deserve merit. The individual prospect, however, should change opinions.

The real problem occurs, though, when some use only numbers to make a case for a player's potential. This is how we had legitimate posts about Chase Daniel and his upside with the Chiefs.

As for Griffin, at this point there's little question he'll be a first-rounder, and the kid's talents are otherworldly. If we're not #1 overall, he should definitely be in the talks...

KC native
09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
I could deal with RGIII. He looked great against TCU. He put some nice touch on his deep balls and had enough awareness to avoid TCU's pass rush all game.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 01:19 PM
We've already got one Michael Vick in the league who doesn't possess the credentials to be a Super Bowl QB, why not another? Maybe as a WR/RB/KR/PR like Brad Smith. I just don't see franchise QB with him, but no doubt, he is super talented and would be an awesome weapon. Just not a QB.

GO CHARGERS GO!
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
20-17 ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I haven't seen nearly enough of the guy to have any kind of informed opinion on him. I missed the Baylor game in 2008.

tyton75
09-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Why is this guy starting to sound like Randall Cunningham to me? interesting player but never could put it all together

Josh Lewin the Jew
09-27-2011, 01:39 PM
20-17 ROFL

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2011, 01:40 PM
We've already got one Michael Vick in the league who doesn't possess the credentials to be a Super Bowl QB, why not another? Maybe as a WR/RB/KR/PR like Brad Smith. I just don't see franchise QB with him, but no doubt, he is super talented and would be an awesome weapon. Just not a QB.

I was thinking more Steve Young like, but if you want to go with the black stereo type QB then that's your prerogative.

blaise
09-27-2011, 02:07 PM
He has more TD passes than incompletions so far this year.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Why is this guy starting to sound like Randall Cunningham to me? interesting player but never could put it all together

Cunningham is actually a pretty good measure for his ceiling.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know if he has more TDs or incompletions this season?

veist
09-27-2011, 02:29 PM
What I've seen of RG3 he looks like someone that is going to be able to play in the NFL. I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion on if his NFL position is "how many creative ways can we use this guy" or QB though.

Trevo_410
09-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know if he has more TDs or incompletions this season?

He has more TD passes than incompletions so far this year.

DJ's left nut
09-27-2011, 02:30 PM
I was thinking more Steve Young like, but if you want to go with the black stereo type QB then that's your prerogative.

Someone beat him to it.

I have no idea how "Tony Banks" is the guy you come up with as his downside apart from the fact that Banks was black.

I was actually thinking he could bust out and be the next Ty Detmer, but then I remembered that Detmer was a white guy so I didn't bother pointing it out. I mean Detmer was a college destroyer of worlds with excellent athleticism, questionable height and a system designed to make him look incredible. But he's not a black guy, so he's clearly not a viable comparison for RGIII.

I loathe the damn race card, but it's still absolutely alive w/r/t quarterbacks.

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Someone beat him to it.

I have no idea how "Tony Banks" is the guy you come up with as his downside apart from the fact that Banks was black.

I was actually thinking he could bust out and be the next Ty Detmer, but then I remembered that Detmer was a white guy so I didn't bother pointing it out. I mean Detmer was a college destroyer of worlds with excellent athleticism, questionable height and a system designed to make him look incredible. But he's not a black guy, so he's clearly not a viable comparison for RGIII.

I loathe the damn race card, but it's still absolutely alive w/r/t quarterbacks.

Yep, Vick, Cunningham, and Banks :facepalm:

I swear if Warren Moon was in college he would be called the next Vince Young.

SNR
09-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Someone beat him to it.

I loathe the damn race card, but it's still absolutely alive w/r/t quarterbacks.Tim Tebow is a large guy who came from a school that ran an elementary offense. But he can make it in the pros if he works hard enough!!

Cam Newton is a large guy who came from a school that ran an elementary offense. BUST!

veist
09-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Someone beat him to it.

Don't forget how we can basically only compare white WRs to Wes Welker, Ed McCaffrey and Don Beebe.

T-post Tom
09-27-2011, 02:44 PM
most men on here love the white hard working guy with lesser talent. Thats what is with the endless love for Joe Montana, what they are learning is it's time for the best athletes to be at the most important position. Hmmmmm Black Never tasted so sweet.

Wait a minute: Joe Montana was white? I thought he was Asian. Why don't you like the sweet taste of Asian qb's? Racist much?

DJ's left nut
09-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Tim Tebow is a large guy who came from a school that ran an elementary offense. But he can make it in the pros if he works hard enough!!

Cam Newton is a large guy who came from a school that ran an elementary offense. BUST!

I'll concede that I hated Newton coming out of college. I still don't have much faith in him to really excel. That said, it's because I think he's something of a flippant asswipe and I just think the modern NFL is way too complicated for a guy like that.

I loved Kaepernick because I thought he was a guy that would go out there and bust his ass to improve. Then again, I hated Tebow even though I knew he would do the same.

It's difficult to really compare reactions to quarterbacks because so much of someone's opinion comes from their gut (which they'll then come up with arguments to support). I'm absolutely guilty of it myself. I could probably talk myself into a corner fairly easily w/r/t quarterbacks I've liked/didn't like. It doesn't make a ton of sense that I liked Big Ben a lot but hated Freeman. It makes even less sense that I still see a shitload of potential in Alex Smith but can't stand Colt McCoy.

I'll give a lot of leeway to people that make odd statement or odd comparisons when discussing quarterbacks.

But c'mon - when RGIII is discussed and we literally hear "Cunningham, Vick, Tony !@#$ing Banks" as the first 3 names he's compared too -- kids, that's just raw race-based comparisons at work.

frankotank
09-27-2011, 03:05 PM

are you saying then that Chiefs fans would love a white QB over a better black QB? that's just plain stupid! I just want to fucking WIN! I don't give a rats ass if the dude is GREEN. just fucking WIN!

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM

Strong arm, nice deep ball, mobile, athletic, kind of lanky. A guy who had a ton of potential and would show flashes but could never put it together.

DJ's left nut
09-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Strong arm, nice deep ball, mobile, athletic, kind of lanky. A guy who had a ton of potential and would show flashes but could never put it together.

Man - sounds a lot like Jeff Blake...

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 03:10 PM

I guess.. I realize what you're saying but the guy doesn't remind me of David Carr or JP Losman or Chris Redman or Akili Smith or Cade McNown or several other QB busts.

CaliforniaChief
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm definitely watching him with interest.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM

I guess.. I realize what you're saying but the guy doesn't remind me of David Carr or JP Losman or Chris Redman or Akili Smith or Cade McNown or several other QB busts.

Maybe Jake Plummer.

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Maybe Jake Plummer.

Rogers? Young? Elway?

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Rogers? Young? Elway?

No.

HemiEd
09-27-2011, 03:26 PM

A battered Peyton Manning is the Chiefs next big move. History has a way of repeating itself.

HemiEd
09-27-2011, 03:28 PM

:LOL: Lots of truth in this thread.

Chiefnj2
09-27-2011, 03:28 PM

I didn't think Banks was that mobile.

Extra Point
09-27-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd rather have next season, "We shit our pantsies for Stanzi."

My inclination is, that Luck would treat us like Eli Manning treated Denver, like Elway treated Indy.

Oh, to have the next John Tait, and not screw that up!

Signed,

Realistic (NOT True) Fan

CaliforniaChief
09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
I just wish we would start Stanzi every game the rest of the season.

If he's horrible, then we know we have to draft a franchise QB and will be positioned to get him.

If he's good, then maybe we've got our guy.

At least we'd learn something. Right now, we're not learning anything that we don't already know.

Pants
09-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Dude has more TDs than incompletions this year.

CaliforniaChief
09-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Dude has more TDs than incompletions this year.

If he can successfully put his hat on, he's light years ahead of our QB.

Extra Point
09-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Ah, to invite Cassel to commemorate him at halftime, 10 years after we'd benched him, to win a SB.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Seriously... does ANYONE know if this dude has more TDs or incompletions this year??

Pants
09-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Seriously... does ANYONE know if this dude has more TDs or incompletions this year??

R

notorious
09-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Right now, 4 to 5th rounder.

Even after conference play we won't have a good idea of what he can do against real NFL talent, so he will be very risky.

Urc Burry
09-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Right now, 4 to 5th rounder.

Even after conference play we won't have a good idea of what he can do against real NFL talent, so he will be very risky.

Even if he had a season ending injury next game, he is at worst a 2nd rounder

Demonpenz
09-27-2011, 05:03 PM
are you saying then that Chiefs fans would love a white QB over a better black QB? that's just plain stupid! I just want to ****ing WIN! I don't give a rats ass if the dude is GREEN. just ****ing WIN!

Warren Moon played here, hall of fame and he was boo'd and made fun of, but when Deberg was here he was hailed as the chief.

whoman69
09-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Warren Moon played here, hall of fame and he was boo'd and made fun of, but when Deberg was here he was hailed as the chief.

Moon was on his last legs, nearing 40 and expected to be the backup. He also threw for 500 yards against us one year.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 07:53 PM
are you saying then that Chiefs fans would love a white QB over a better black QB? that's just plain stupid! I just want to fucking WIN! I don't give a rats ass if the dude is GREEN. just fucking WIN!

We already tried Green and it didn't work.

Marcellus
09-27-2011, 08:03 PM
I don't want him because he isnlt Andrew Luck.

I want the best available. Fuck this 2nd tier shit, we have lived with it too long.

BigMeatballDave
09-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Luck or Stanzi

BigCatDaddy
09-28-2011, 07:16 AM
I don't want him because he isnlt Andrew Luck.

I want the best available. **** this 2nd tier shit, we have lived with it too long.

Whate if 2nd Tier is Phillip Rivers instead of Eli Manning? What if it's Aaron Rogers instead of Alex Smith?

I'm all for Luck as well, but it circumstance dictate it's not possible to get him then maybe the 2nd QB turns out to be a HOF'er.

suds79
09-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Still want Luck by far but it would be fun to have a QB who can make plays and scares the opposing team.

Scrambling or dual threat QBs make me nervous because they always get hurt but at least Griffin is decent size for it.

DaKCMan AP
09-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Still want Luck by far but it would be fun to have a QB who can make plays and scares the opposing team.

Scrambling or duel threat QBs make me nervous because they always get hurt but at least Griffin is decent size for it.

DUEL THREAT FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://fencing-future.com/engine/doc_images/duel.JPG

BigCatDaddy
11-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Bumpski!