PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pack Your Bags, Cassel

Count Zarth
09-27-2011, 06:00 PM
<table><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" class="storytitle">Pack Your Bags, Cassel (http://kan.scout.com/2/1110972.html)</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="primaryimage" valign="top">http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/97/979257.jpg
Getty
</td> <td width="3" nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td valign="top"> <table width="60%" bgcolor="#f5f5f5" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

(http://www.blogger.com/blog_this.pyra?t=Chiefs%20fans%20are%20fed%20up%20with%20quarterback%20Matt%20Cassel.&u=http%3A//kan.scout.com/2/1110972.html&n=Pack%20Your%20Bags%2C%20Cassel) (http://kan.scout.com/2/1110972.html#email-a-friend-window) (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=10&c=1110972&refid=4781) | More (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=scout)

Chiefs fans are fed up with quarterback Matt Cassel.
</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="3">
Listen to the radio, peruse the internet or eavesdrop in the Arrowhead parking lot. It’s the same thing everywhere now. Cassel has worn out his welcome in Kansas City and it’s not an exaggeration to say 90 percent of fans have turned on him.

It wasn’t always this way, of course. Last season, right after he threw a 75-yard touchdown pass to Dwayne Bowe (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5740051), Cassel was drawing comparisons to Trent Green (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=3943217). But his last five games – 123 yards per game, 4.6 yards per attempt, three touchdowns, 10 interceptions and a 43.8 quarterback rating – are basically the worst stretch of his career and the Chiefs still have yet to play the toughest part of their schedule.

This is not a picture of an ascending player. Fans, as ignorant and reactionary as they can often be, are not blind. The majority have had enough.

That majority hit an all-time high after Sunday’s game-ending debacle in San Diego where Cassel, attempting to throw a screen pass to Dexter McCluster (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5740099), inexplicably drilled Chargers safety Eric Weddle (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5743550) right in the belly with a perfectly thrown ball.

This came after a brilliant defensive stand by Kansas City’s defense and a 23-yard strike from Cassel to tight end Leonard Pope (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=5740107), giving hope that the Chiefs might win their first game of the season. But if you’ve followed Cassel’s career at all, you should know by now that there is no hope in such a situation.

That’s because quite literally, Cassel has never won a game when his team is trailing by seven or less in the fourth quarter with two minutes or less on the clock. Not one time in seven NFL seasons, 63 games and 48 starts. Not in New England, not in Kansas City and, the way it’s looking, not on planet Earth.

Cassel has been in such a situation nine times now, and always comes up the loser.

It happened in his first start with the Chiefs. At the conclusion of that game, trailing the Oakland Raiders by three points with one minute, seven seconds remaining, Cassel never even came close to driving the Chiefs into tying field-goal range. The offense gained all of six yards before giving the ball up on downs.

Thirty-two games later, it appears nothing has changed, and that’s why fans are ready to run Cassel right out of Kansas City on the same train that rid them of Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac. Coincidentally, Bono and Grbac also hoodwinked Chiefs general managers into acquiring them after backing up future Hall of Famers.

What heroic feats has Cassel performed in the clutch as a Chief? Let’s review.

Week 2, 2009 – Raiders 13, Chiefs 10

With only one timeout remaining and needing 50 yards to get into field goal range, Cassel dumps the ball short to Dantrell Savage for nine yards. Two snaps later he takes a sack on third-and-one.

Embarrassing anecdote: JaMarcus Russell (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4249031) wins the game with his own clutch drive. <table width="220" align="right" cellspacing="9"><tbody><tr><td>http://media.scout.com/media/image/97/979259.jpg
Cassel's first game with the Chiefs ended like his last game with the Chiefs.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Week 14, 2009 – Bills 16, Chiefs 10

After moving the Chiefs to within 21 yards of the tying score, Cassel completes two passes for no yards before throwing an eventual interception. Later, given one last chance for a desperation drive, he dumps the ball in the middle of the field for seven yards despite not having a timeout.

Embarrassing anecdote: Cassel later claims he made no mental errors despite throwing four interceptions.

Week 15, 2009 – Browns 41, Chiefs 34

Attempting another desperation drive with no timeouts, Cassel throws the ball in the middle of the field for seven yards. Later, he attempts a Hail Mary from the 26-yard line, quite possibly the first Hail-Mary pass thrown that close to the goal line in NFL history.

Embarrassing anecdote: The Hail Mary doinks off the crossbar like a field goal.

Week 17, 2009 – Bengals 17, Chiefs 10

With two minutes remaining in the Chiefs’ season, Cassel drives the Chiefs to midfield before promptly throwing an interception.

Week 6, 2010 – Texans 35, Chiefs 31

Attempting to throw a Hail Mary, Cassel is sacked for a 12-yard loss.

There’s plenty more evidence to go around, of course. It would be easy to point out last year’s Raiders game, when Cassel completely failed to mount any sort of attempt at a game-winning drive in overtime. There’s also the fact that despite his deceptive statistical success from a year ago, Cassel’s performance when the Chiefs trailed by seven or fewer points (85 attempts, 52.9 percent completions, three touchdowns, four interceptions, 63.7 rating) was abysmal.

To be fair to Cassel, he hasn’t completely failed in late-game situations. He has, at times, directed game-tying drives, such as the one he punctuated with a 16-yard scoring strike to Dwayne Bowe in 2009 against the Dallas Cowboys.

But does anyone really remember, let alone praise, quarterbacks for game-tying drives? When Chiefs fans reminisce about Joe Montana’s 1994 Monday Night Football comeback victory over John Elway, do you think they care that Elway scored with 1:29 left? Not in the least.

No one cares about Cassel’s “comeback” against the Cowboys in 2009, either. Because he failed in overtime that day, twice. Just as he failed Sunday in San Diego. In a close game, Cassel is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode and blow everything.

The bottom line: late in the game, with his team on the wrong end of the scoreboard, Cassel has never shown an ability to go out and win. This weekend’s game against the Vikings will be his 49th start. Win or lose, most Chiefs fans will not care if he leaves Kansas City after it’s over.

Because you know he’s not coming back.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Fruit Ninja
09-27-2011, 06:05 PM
lol, wow

Marcellus
09-27-2011, 06:08 PM
That's an awful lot of suck. Linda Lovelace level suck.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Shocking.

Detoxing
09-27-2011, 06:11 PM
2009 Week 1 we played the Ravens, not the Raiders.

Reaper16
09-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Correct. Brodie Croyle started that game against the Ravens. I think the author means week 2.

chop
09-27-2011, 06:14 PM
The author is the thread starter.

Detoxing
09-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Correct. Brodie Croyle started that game against the Ravens. I think the author means week 2.

Yes, the author made a very Cassel-like error.

Count Zarth

So?

Detoxing
So?

Nice edit.....ass.

chop
09-27-2011, 06:16 PM
You know you have to verify the facts for yourself whenever reading an article from that site.

MahiMike
09-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Why wasn't Chiefs Planet informed of this?

Count Zarth
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/troll%20face/grand/UPVFV.gif

Detoxing
Why wasn't Chiefs Planet informed of this?

Pretty sure we sent a memo out to everyone.....Did you not get the memo?

suzzer99
09-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Cassel made a sweet TD pass to Bowe late in a game in 2009 (to take the lead or tie, can't remember), only to have our D turn around and give up a 50 sec. drive for a field goal.

I mean he sucks, but I know he's had at least one nice late game drive. Last year's drive against the Raiders was pretty good too - just Bowe dropped the game-clinching pass.

bricks
09-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Cassel has never won a game when his team is trailing by seven or less in the fourth quarter with two minutes or less on the clock. Not one time in seven NFL seasons, 63 games and 48 starts. Not in New England, not in Kansas City and, the way it’s looking, not on planet Earth.

Cassel has been in such a situation nine times now, and always comes up the loser.

This is all I needed to absorb from that article.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 06:22 PM
The author is far from Awesome.

Hog Farmer
09-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Soooooo...I would guess to say it's safe to say that CASSEL SUCKS !

crispystl420
09-27-2011, 06:31 PM
He drove us into field goal position against the Bills in OT last year. Of course on the other hand the Polish army killed two German soldiers so take it for what it's worth.

DaKCMan AP
09-27-2011, 06:31 PM
http://talentmechanic.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/breaking-news.png

Shogun
09-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Mark Jackson to the warriors!

Ace Gunner
09-27-2011, 06:37 PM
well written wendler. that dallas game really bugged me. he had two drives in OT and couldn't do a thing.

Flachief58
09-27-2011, 06:51 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MngGyN8Q294" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

whoman69
09-27-2011, 06:52 PM
That's an awful lot of suck. Linda Lovelace level suck.

He sucks so much, he blows.

Flachief58
09-27-2011, 06:57 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5T75MhFcKM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pawnmower
09-27-2011, 07:08 PM
the deal is done

the chiefs are frauds

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Great article, GoChiefs. Now the question is...why hasn't Haley benched Cassel? Despite who the backup QB is, you should bench Cassel if you want to make a statement to your team that sucking is not ok.

Count Zarth
09-27-2011, 07:12 PM
the chiefs are frauds

So it was written, so let it be done.

150-27

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-27-2011, 07:25 PM
well written wendler. that dallas game really bugged me. he had two drives in OT and couldn't do a thing.
What bugged me about that game was that fucking pussbag Haley not going for two at the end of regulation.

Demonpenz
09-27-2011, 07:26 PM
That browns game. Blacked out. I was watching from my f-ing computer and I thought the stream was slow or something, hail mary from the 26 complete with doink off the goalpost, and we gave up 300 yards to some dude rushing LMAO

Carlota69
09-27-2011, 09:14 PM

Unless it was edited later, the article says week 2.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Great article, GoChiefs. Now the question is...why hasn't Haley benched Cassel? Despite who the backup QB is, you should bench Cassel if you want to make a statement to your team that sucking is not ok.

Anyone? Why haven't we benched him? I find it hard to believe that most coaches in our situation wouldn't have benched him by now.

BossChief
09-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Unless it was edited later, the article says week 2.

Just stand there and look sexy, sweetheart.

BigMeatballDave
09-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Anyone? Why haven't we benched him? I find it hard to believe that most coaches in our situation wouldn't have benched him by now.

Palko isn't any better and Stanzi isn't ready.

BossChief
09-27-2011, 09:23 PM

sad but true

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 09:23 PM

But wouldn't you want to make a statement to the team that sucking is not an option? Maybe a little accountability?

C-Mac
09-27-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm pretty sure he rallied a touchdown with no time left against Pittsburgh, and then again in overtime.
Just saying.

chiefscafan
09-27-2011, 09:32 PM
All you need to know bout cassel is not only did he miss the receiver mccluster, but he also missed putting his hat on his head sums him up to me.

BigMeatballDave
09-27-2011, 09:33 PM
But wouldn't you want to make a statement to the team that sucking is not an option? Maybe a little accountability?

I suppose. But then that could send a bad sign to the team that they've given up on the season.

BigMeatballDave
09-27-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm pretty sure he rallied a touchdown with no time left against Pittsburgh, and then again in overtime.
Just saying.

Awesome. Give Matt a cookie...

KCChiefsFan88
09-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Great article.

Adds more fuel to the Suck for Luck campaign.

C-Mac
09-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Awesome. Give Matt a cookie...

The guy deserves the credit and a seat on the bench.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-27-2011, 09:45 PM
I suppose. But then that could send a bad sign to the team that they've given up on the season.
I fail to see the problem here.

KCChiefsFan88
09-27-2011, 09:46 PM

Actually sucking is the ONLY option at this point.

Cassel must remain the starter to complete the drive to Suck for Luck.

Now is NOT the time to mess with the Chiefs destiny.

BigMeatballDave
09-27-2011, 09:49 PM

I don't think we'll see Haley wearing any SUCK FOR LUCK shirts any time soon. :)

Guru
09-27-2011, 09:57 PM

Until we pull off that one damn win that kills our chances.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Until we pull off that one damn win that kills our chances.
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

NJChiefsFan
09-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Whether you want it to happen or not, the next two games are going to either make it very unlikely or very likely.

Psyko Tek
09-27-2011, 10:16 PM

I'm pretty sure what the author means is
FUCK MATT CASSELL

Count Zarth
09-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Whether you want it to happen or not, the next two games are going to either make it very unlikely or very likely.

We have no running game, and we're going against two of the best pass rushing teams in the league.

It will take a herculean effort from our defense to win. With the caucasian burn brothers running around out there, and no Brandon Flowers, we have a huge edge.

Guru
09-27-2011, 10:20 PM
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

Dude, we're Chiefs fans. When does anything go our way? Well, other than week 17 of the 2006 season.

NJChiefsFan
09-27-2011, 10:27 PM
We have no running game, and we're going against two of the best pass rushing teams in the league.

It will take a herculean effort from our defense to win. With the caucasian burn brothers running around out there, and no Brandon Flowers, we have a huge edge.

I agree. I also thought we would get killed Sunday and we didn't. The NFL is a weird place and nothing is a sure thing. PIT and KC both almost won their games. When you add that variable that losing helps the Chiefs chances for Luck, it becomes more up in the air.

If we get to 0-5, you can add that 5 game stretch in, plus SD, OAK, and OAK, you could be looking at 1-12 or 0-13.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 10:31 PM

I agree. If we win just one of these next two games, I'd say SFL is over. If we lose them both, then the snowball gets bigger as it rolls down the hill. If we lose them both then I'd have to believe it is our destiny to finally get a FQB.

Guru
09-27-2011, 10:34 PM
I agree. If we win just one of these next two games, I'd say SFL is over. If we lose them both, then the snowball gets bigger as it rolls down the hill. If we lose them both then I'd have to believe it is our destiny to finally get a FQB.

I think we can survive one win but not two.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 10:34 PM
I agree. I also thought we would get killed Sunday and we didn't. The NFL is a weird place and nothing is a sure thing. PIT and KC both almost won their games. When you add that variable that losing helps the Chiefs chances for Luck, it becomes more up in the air.

If we get to 0-5, you can add that 5 game stretch in, plus SD, OAK, and OAK, you could be looking at 1-12 or 0-13.

Inside I thought we didn't have a chance at Luck because I thought we still had a bit of talent to compete and win some games and even possibly win Sunday. Matt Cassel proved me wrong. Stupid me. I know he sucks but just when you think he can't suck anymore than he already does and we might pull out a victory, he plays like shit again...and again...and again.

Count Zarth
09-27-2011, 10:35 PM
I think we can survive one win but not two.

I'd prefer to lose two.

The home game against Denver is looking very winnable.

Guru
09-27-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd prefer to lose two.

The home game against Denver is looking very winnable. Right now, I think Denver can take us.

God I feel sick for saying that.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Right now, I think Denver can take us.

God I feel sick for saying that.

lol I feel sick for all of this. But it must happen. It's the only way. Sometimes you have to lose to win.

Guru
09-27-2011, 10:44 PM
lol I feel sick for all of this. But it must happen. It's the only way. Sometimes you have to lose to win.

I just plain hate the idea of losing to a division opponent. This is taking not one, but six, for the team.

BossChief
09-27-2011, 10:46 PM
'cause sometimes when you win, you really lose -white men cant jump.

The sequel will be coming out in two years...The KC Chiefs 2011 "White Men Can't Cover"

NJChiefsFan
09-27-2011, 11:06 PM

At some point all the injuries, plus record, plus future schedule, plus the proof that Cassel can't be here in the future leads to this thinking. Its natural. I am just going to watch. I am not going to root against KC, but I am not going to get upset if they lose because this becomes more realistic.

Either way, Cassel needs to go. Thats goal number one. If we don't get Luck and alteast see a little of Stanzi then thats not terrible. Still need to draft a QB though.

FAX
09-27-2011, 11:41 PM
We've had some bad quarterbacks in our day. But, I have to say that Cassel is the worst ever. He inspires bitter vomit.

I don't know if those statistics are accurate or not, but if they are, the entire text of this article needs to be put up on a billboard right outside the stadium.

How much do those billboard deals cost, anyhow?

FAX

BossChief
09-27-2011, 11:45 PM
IIRC, Mr. FAX the ones the fans bought (or wanted to, not sure if they actually went through with it) in Denver were around 10k

Should we take a CP collection?

Who wants to lead the charge and start the thread?

No more Cassel
No trade downs, just take the best QB possible wherever we pick...no more fucking trades for other teams backups/brokedicks.

Id probably be ok with throwing up a hundy

Phobia
This is a good article despite the minor inaccuracies. I'm not even a Cassel hater. I'm a Pioli hater for trading for what I felt was a bad answer at QB. I'm just thankful it wasn't a first this time. If it had been a first I'd be leading the mob, toting a pitchfork.

Count Zarth
We've had some bad quarterbacks in our day. But, I have to say that Cassel is the worst ever. He inspires bitter vomit.

I don't know if those statistics are accurate or not, but if they are, the entire text of this article needs to be put up on a billboard right outside the stadium.

How much do those billboard deals cost, anyhow?

FAX

They're even worse if you extrapolate them out over 16 games.

1,968 yards
10 TD
32 INT

Count Zarth
09-27-2011, 11:48 PM
IIRC, Mr. FAX the ones the fans bought (or wanted to, not sure if they actually went through with it) in Denver were around 10k

No more Cassel
No trade downs, just take the best QB possible wherever we pick...no more fucking trades for other teams backups/brokedicks.

If the Vikings beat KC, Nick Wright is taking donations....from businesses who want to sponsor the sign, too.

whatswright@gmail.com

FAX
09-27-2011, 11:58 PM

No more Cassel
No trade downs, just take the best QB possible wherever we pick...no more ****ing trades for other teams backups/brokedicks.

At this point, I would definitely contribute.

This has to end ... and the sooner the better.

I wonder how long 10k gets you on a billboard? A month? More?

Also, is there a billboard near the stadium that gets a lot of eyeball traffic? I think that's the best location ... somewhere that Pioli and Clark cannot avoid.

FAX

BossChief
09-28-2011, 12:00 AM
This is a good article despite the minor inaccuracies. I'm not even a Cassel hater. I'm a Pioli hater for trading for what I felt was a bad answer at QB. I'm just thankful it wasn't a first this time. If it had been a first I'd be leading the mob, toting a pitchfork.

What did we get with that first rounder, BTW?

Would you like a red or yellow handle on that pitchfork?

BossChief
09-28-2011, 12:04 AM
If the Vikings beat KC, Nick Wright is taking donations....from businesses who want to sponsor the sign, too.

whatswright@gmail.com

If my enemies enemy is also my enemy, then we shall unite to take down said foe!

or something like that

get word to Athan to take up a collection

UNITE THE CLANS!!!

Guru
09-28-2011, 12:10 AM
At this point, I would definitely contribute.

This has to end ... and the sooner the better.

I wonder how long 10k gets you on a billboard? A month? More?

Also, is there a billboard near the stadium that gets a lot of eyeball traffic? I think that's the best location ... somewhere that Pioli and Clark cannot avoid.

FAX
It would be pointless to put it anywhere but near the stadium. Preferable on the route that Clark and Scott travel most.

KurtCobain
09-28-2011, 12:11 AM

So you would've been more angry if he had traded # 3 overall instead of drafting Jackson?

Cassel Vrabel Jackson

or

Cassel Vrabel Chung/Brace/Laurenitus/Brown

Phobia
09-28-2011, 12:22 AM
So you would've been more angry if he had traded # 3 overall instead of drafting Jackson?

Cassel Vrabel Jackson

or

Cassel Vrabel Chung/Brace/Laurenitus/Brown

I've comparmentalized who we ended up with. I'm sick of trading #1 picks for QB's for which there are no other suitors. Joe Montana was the first one. Not an awful trade - he almost took us to the ship but we didn't get 1st round value out of the guy and nobody else was lining up with their 1st rounders to trade for a gimpy elbow guy on his last leg. Trent Green turned out way better than I expected for us but I never got over losing a 1st rounder for him. Carl could have easily negotiated that down to a 2nd or even 3rd. We were his only suitor as well.

Count Zarth
09-28-2011, 12:23 AM
UNITE THE CLANS!!!

YOU HAVE LOST WITH CASSEL
NOW WIN WITH ME

http://www.angelfire.com/film/bhearthistory/Characters/Images/bruceswd2.jpg

KurtCobain
09-28-2011, 12:25 AM
I often wonder if we had gone 0-16 that year and won the number one pick, would Pioli had traded for Cassel and drafted Jackson still?

Tribal Warfare
09-28-2011, 12:27 AM
I often wonder if we had gone 0-16 that year and won the number one pick, would Pioli had traded for Cassel and drafted Jackson still?

Nope, the Staffords' knew the Hunts' prior , Matt was a rich kid before he hit the NFL.

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2011, 12:28 AM

One would hope he would have been smart enough to take Stafford.

KurtCobain
09-28-2011, 12:32 AM
What a fucking predicament winning against Denver and Oakland that year put us in.

I think we'd better suck for luck.

HemiEd
09-28-2011, 12:33 AM
Cassel made a sweet TD pass to Bowe late in a game in 2009 (to take the lead or tie, can't remember), only to have our D turn around and give up a 50 sec. drive for a field goal.

I mean he sucks, but I know he's had at least one nice late game drive. Last year's drive against the Raiders was pretty good too - just Bowe dropped the game-clinching pass.

You can't have it both ways.

If you are going to call him a "Pro Bowl" quarterback, and give him the mis-leading stats he had last year, you can't qualify his inability to perform under pressure and bring the team back.

BossChief
09-28-2011, 12:50 AM
What a fucking predicament winning against Denver and Oakland that year put us in.

I think we'd better suck for luck.

Week 16: Oak@KC
Week 17: KC@DEN

KurtCobain
09-28-2011, 12:52 AM
I don't think we have to worry about Oakland. They have our number and they'll be fighting for a playoff spot. Denver however may have about the same amount of Ws as us.

BossChief
09-28-2011, 12:58 AM
I don't think we have to worry about Oakland. They have our number and they'll be fighting for a playoff spot. Denver however may have about the same amount of Ws as us.

Thats where we pull out our "ace in the hole" in the S4L campaign.

Tyler Palko and "Brandon Carr is doubtful to return after a non contact incident that apparently happened on the sideline while the Chiefs were on offense"

Daru
09-28-2011, 04:18 AM
I want to join the cause and help it out. The smell of curry travels farther than a Matt Cassel pass. I'm thinking that Bowe must not like to dieve out each catch it gets mad to watch but I do for a change so we will see.

Lzen
09-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Good stuff. Those numbers say all you need to know about Cassel. Unfortunately, I don't think Palko is any better. I keep wondering why we don't just give Stanzi a shot. I know he's a rookie and needs more time to groom, but why not get him some playing time? We aren't making the playoffs this year anyway.

BTW, I think all of you suck for Luck supporters are going to be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I would love for us to be able to draft him. I just think this team has too much pride and too much talent to have the worst record in the NFL, desite having Cassel at QB.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Get him a body bag!

Fish
09-28-2011, 08:26 AM
BTW, I think all of you suck for Luck supporters are going to be disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I would love for us to be able to draft him. I just think this team has too much pride and too much talent to have the worst record in the NFL, desite having Cassel at QB.

I'm starting to agree.

I think it will be funny/sad when the Chiefs go out and play their hearts out and win a game they're not supposed to, and this place goes crazy because people wanted them to lose... Freakin Bizarro CP....

DaKCMan AP
09-28-2011, 08:27 AM
I just think this team has too much pride and too much talent to have the worst record in the NFL, desite having Cassel at QB.

What games do we win?

Vikings
Colts
Raiders
Chargers
Dolphins
Broncos
Patriots
Steelers
Bears
Jets
Packers
Raiders
Broncos

gblowfish
09-28-2011, 08:39 AM
That browns game. Blacked out. I was watching from my f-ing computer and I thought the stream was slow or something, hail mary from the 26 complete with doink off the goalpost, and we gave up 300 yards to some dude rushing LMAO

The Browns game is the one where Coach Haley "may have waved" at me.
This article is interesting and depressing. Hard to argue the facts. I don't think Cassel is a pussy like Elvis or Huard. He's not as stupid as Bono. But he doesn't have the ability to think fast or improvise. It always looks like he's afraid he's going to make a mistake. He'd be a great number two QB, but he just doesn't have the charisma or field savvy to be a true #1 QB.

Omaha
09-28-2011, 09:46 AM
"...inexplicably drilled Chargers safety Eric Weddle right in the belly with a perfectly thrown ball."

LMAO

loochy
09-28-2011, 09:47 AM
The Browns game is the one where Coach Haley "may have waved" at me.
This article is interesting and depressing. Hard to argue the facts. I don't think Cassel is a pussy like Elvis or Huard. He's not as stupid as Bono. But he doesn't have the ability to think fast or improvise. It always looks like he's afraid he's going to make a mistake. He'd be a great number two QB, but he just doesn't have the charisma or field savvy to be a true #1 QB.

or QB skills

Lzen
09-28-2011, 09:54 AM
What games do we win?

Vikings
Colts
Raiders
Chargers
Dolphins
Broncos
Patriots
Steelers
Bears
Jets
Packers
Raiders
Broncos

All of em. :p

But seriously, I'm not going to get that specific because I think they will surprise in some of them and win despite the pitiful QB play.

I'll give you this much, though. I don't think they have much of a chance to win against the Pats, Packers, Jets, or Bears. I would add Steelers to this but judging by the way they played in week 1 as well as against the Colts, I think we have a shot.

Heh, I guess I did get kinda specific after all.

Three7s
09-28-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm just worried that the Chiefs O-line will step up and stop the Vikings and Colts stud pass rushers. If they do, those two are very winnable......

stonedstooge
09-28-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't understand how Stanzi is "not ready" yet. The game plan for the offense last Sunday was simplified to a point that a high school team runs more complex plays. Is Stanzi a moron or what?

DaKCMan AP
09-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't understand how Stanzi is "not ready" yet. The game plan for the offense last Sunday was simplified to a point that a high school team runs more complex plays. Is Stanzi a moron or what?

No, he's waiting to find out if he'll be activated.

Lzen
09-28-2011, 10:49 AM

Its strange to me. I don't understand why he's the #3. From everything I've seen from him so far, he looks better than both Palko and Cassel. If nothing else, he should at least be the #2.

DaKCMan AP
09-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Its strange to me. I don't understand why he's the #3. From everything I've seen from him so far, he looks better than both Palko and Cassel. If nothing else, he should at least be the #2.

It's all part of...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-A4fenbkyBhI/TgJeqLI7_QI/AAAAAAAABSE/H2p-2JVgmvQ/s1600/the-plan.jpg

Setsuna
09-28-2011, 01:54 PM
I think 2 or 3 will be max wins this year. The bad teams may win one or two during mid season, and one guaranteed during latter part of season to the obvious playoff teams who rest starters in the last week of the season.

notorious
09-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Butt-Chargers

Fish

Donks

These teams will be great obstacles in attaining our goal.

DJJasonp
09-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Good point.....and I'll raise you with Blaine Gabbert and Andy Dalton

rico
09-28-2011, 06:55 PM
This has probably been mentioned, but the Bleacher Report just did a story on why Ricky Stanzi hasn't been playing. I don't agree with a lot of it, but the dude makes some interesting points.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/867716-kansas-city-chiefs-why-is-ricky-stanzi-not-playing

rico
09-28-2011, 07:01 PM
I don't agree with the author's 3 primary reasons for Stanzi generally being popular with Chief fans. His reasons were; 1.) He was a local guy from Iowa, 2.) He was successful at Iowa and 3.) He is a QB. I do realize that there are many homers who want to see Stanzi play because of their personal bias. To an extent, I am one of them. What the author is neglecting is how starved this fanbase is for SOMEONE to at least bring a spark to the offense. I mean, with Cassel, Casseling it up the way he has been, it has made the curiosity for what we potentially have for the future almost unbearably brutal.

stonedstooge
09-28-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm not an Iowa fan, but watching Cassel, my god you better have something to try if the dude keeps on performing at his current level. The Chiefs are already the butt of the joke. I can't imagine what people will think if Cassel is left in for the entire season and nothing else is tried when you have two other dudes who play the same position on the team

WhiteWhale
09-28-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't agree with the author's 3 primary reasons for Stanzi generally being popular with Chief fans. His reasons were; 1.) He was a local guy from Iowa, 2.) He was successful at Iowa and 3.) He is a QB. I do realize that there are many homers who want to see Stanzi play because of their personal bias. To an extent, I am one of them. What the author is neglecting is how starved this fanbase is for SOMEONE to at least bring a spark to the offense. I mean, with Cassel, Casseling it up the way he has been, it has made the curiosity for what we potentially have for the future almost unbearably brutal.

I was mostly agreeing with him until he said Stanzi doesn't bring more than Shot Put Palko.

Palko is freaking terrible.

jspchief
09-28-2011, 07:25 PM
This has probably been mentioned, but the Bleacher Report just did a story on why Ricky Stanzi hasn't been playing. I don't agree with a lot of it, but the dude makes some interesting points.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/867716-kansas-city-chiefs-why-is-ricky-stanzi-not-playing

What a load of crap.

He ignored the most glaring reason Chiefs fans want to see Stanzi play; Cassel and Palko have had their chance and shown that they suck.

At this point, at least in the minds of fans, the only way it could hurt is if he played well enough to take QB off the radar in next years draft.

rico
09-28-2011, 07:27 PM
I was mostly agreeing with him until he said Stanzi doesn't bring more than Shot Put Palko.

Palko is freaking terrible.

Yeah, I don't really give the story a lot of cred.... it is an obvious outsider perspective who hasn't witnessed the $hitstorm.

rico
09-28-2011, 07:28 PM
What a load of crap.

He ignored the most glaring reason Chiefs fans want to see Stanzi play; Cassel and Palko have had their chance and shown that they suck.

At this point, at least in the minds of fans, the only way it could hurt is if he played well enough to take QB off the radar in next years draft.

I couldn't agree more.

milkman
09-28-2011, 07:28 PM

Does anybody know, is this that dumbass kid that was posting here that wrote that?

Farzin was his name, right?

rico
09-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Some more Stanzi discussion involving a mix between outside sources and Chief fans.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=460868&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

rico
09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Does anybody know, is this that dumbass kid that was posting here that wrote that?

I don't remember Farzin, but then of course.... 73 posts, member since September 2011...yeah, I'm not a credible source. I lurked on here before becoming a member and I don't remember the name, Farzin. It would make sense though.

milkman
09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
The other suspect is one Ricky Stanzi, a rookie fifth-round draft pick out of Iowa. He lost the #2 battle in the pre-season, but to the surprise of those in KC, was retained as #3 despite new ruling stating that a third quarterback is not a roster requirement. He's started many games in Iowa, but was largely viewed on as a safe draft pick at the position of quarterback, expected to be a back-up for at least a couple of years.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a guy that doesn't have a fucking clue is someone whose opinion I find valuable.

Trevo_410
09-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Some more Stanzi discussion involving a mix between outside sources and Chief fans.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=460868&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Our distant brethren over there think trading Bowe to the titans for a 1st rnd pick would be ok :$2500:

rico
09-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that a guy that doesn't have a ****ing clue is someone whose opinion I find valuable.

Haha, I think someone pretty much called the OP a dumbass for that towards the end of page 1 or beginning of page 2 (can't remember).

mdchiefsfan
09-28-2011, 07:47 PM
They're even worse if you extrapolate them out over 16 games.

1,968 yards
10 TD
32 INT

UGH!!!!

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-28-2011, 08:49 PM
I still don't understand why anyone would waste their time reading garbage from bleacherrepport.com. The "journalists" there are just dumbass fans, anyone can post an article there.

rico
09-28-2011, 09:03 PM
I still don't understand why anyone would waste their time reading garbage from bleacherrepport.com. The "journalists" there are just dumbass fans, anyone can post an article there.

I always end up there via google. They have some strong SEO going on at that site.

Guru
09-28-2011, 10:07 PM
What games do we win?

Vikings
Colts
Raiders
Chargers
Dolphins
Broncos
Patriots
Steelers
Bears
Jets
Packers
Raiders
Broncoshmmmm, might as well go big here.

Packers.

rico
09-28-2011, 10:21 PM

It was Farzin....dude just posted something about Jay Leno.