PDA

View Full Version : How the fuck can I improve this team?

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 02:25 PM
My pay league team is frustrating the shit out of me. Thought I had put together a decent team, but am sitting at 1-3. I'd like to try to improve the team via trade, but I have no idea how the fuck to do so, considering every player on my roster not named Megatron is woefully under producing.

Am I stuck? Just forced to wait it out and hope I'm not 1-6 in three weeks?

http://i54.tinypic.com/30crip1.jpg

Pestilence
10-03-2011, 02:49 PM
What's out on the waiver wire?

Hoover
10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Who's available?

Cut the Falcons
Cut Davis
Trade a WR to upgrade at TE
Pray that Romo is solid.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 03:04 PM
What's out on the waiver wire?

Fucking nothing.

Ridley's on the wire, but I'm betting he goes this week before me. Already put the claim in to drop Carter.

WR's are the likes of Hester, Massequoi, Burleson, Floyd.

TE's are ridiculously thin. Shiancoe, Dickson and Cook are best available. I'll pick up Cook for Davis' bye week.

Defenses - I play week-to-week matchups.

Pestilence
10-03-2011, 03:05 PM
I'd definitely be trying to get Ridley.

I'm not worried about your WRs. I'd see if the guy who has Eli would be interested in Manningham.

Cook would be a good pickup.

DJ's left nut
10-03-2011, 03:07 PM
My pay league team is frustrating the shit out of me. Thought I had put together a decent team, but am sitting at 1-3. I'd like to try to improve the team via trade, but I have no idea how the fuck to do so, considering every player on my roster not named Megatron is woefully under producing.

Am I stuck? Just forced to wait it out and hope I'm not 1-6 in three weeks?

Well there's always the "Try to rape someone in a Megatron deal" approach...

Let's face it - he ain't catching 30 TDs this season (at least I think he won't). It's odd to say sell high with a guy like that, but he's probably the hottest he'll ever be.

You'd absolutely HATE to do it, but with a bad team, you kinda have to take aggressive steps like that if you want to try to crawl back into it. You have a great #1 RB in McCoy and a passable #1b WR in Vincent Jackson. If you could take Romo and Johnson and deal him for another strong RB and a better QB, you might be able to take some steps in the right direction.

It's a dangerous homerun swing that could backfire miserably, but desperate times...

I had a team that really got hammered by injuries last year so I took the two healthy/productive players I had and traded them. I ended up making out like a bandit on a Frank Gore (I'm wanting to say Lloyd, M. Williams (TB) and Forte) and moved Reggie Wayne in a deal that got me McFadden after Darren got hurt (Wayne had just gone off for like 180 yards). I didn't really want to make either deal, but I had holes to fill and ended up getting 4 major contributors for 2 of them.

Sure, I got lucky, but sometimes you have to.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM
I'd definitely be trying to get Ridley.

I'm not worried about your WRs. I'd see if the guy who has Eli would be interested in Manningham.

Cook would be a good pickup.

The guy who has Eli also has Schaub and Flacco.

Don't ask.

Thinking about seeing if the owner who has Miles Austin would swap him for VJ straight up.

At least then if I go down, I go down swinging - and the upside (double points) is enormous.

But really, I need upgrades at RB2 and TE - but don't have the firepower to improve, IMO.

Pestilence
10-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Well there's always the "Try to rape someone in a Megatron deal" approach...

Let's face it - he ain't catching 30 TDs this season (at least I think he won't). It's odd to say sell high with a guy like that, but he's probably the hottest he'll ever be.

You'd absolutely HATE to do it, but with a bad team, you kinda have to take aggressive steps like that if you want to try to crawl back into it. You have a great #1 RB in McCoy and a passable #1b WR in Vincent Jackson. If you could take Romo and Johnson and deal him for another strong RB and a better QB, you might be able to take some steps in the right direction.

It's a dangerous homerun swing that could backfire miserably, but desperate times...

I had a team that really got hammered by injuries last year so I took the two healthy/productive players I had and traded them. I ended up making out like a bandit on a Frank Gore (I'm wanting to say Lloyd, M. Williams (TB) and Forte) and moved Reggie Wayne in a deal that got me McFadden after Darren got hurt (Wayne had just gone off for like 180 yards). I didn't really want to make either deal, but I had holes to fill and ended up getting 4 major contributors for 2 of them.

Sure, I got lucky, but sometimes you have to.

This. Megatron's value is at it's highest. Could it backfire and he scores 20 TDs? Yeah. But it's not like he's going to single handedly going to win you games. Find the guy who has Matt Stafford and fucking rape him.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 03:18 PM
This. Megatron's value is at it's highest. Could it backfire and he scores 20 TDs? Yeah. But it's not like he's going to single handedly going to win you games. Find the guy who has Matt Stafford and fucking rape him.

The team who has Stafford is as bad as mine - 1-3.

I'd be better off trying to GET Stafford than dealing Megatron to him.

QB Matthew Stafford, Det QB
RB Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB Q
RB Tim Hightower, Wsh RB
WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
WR Percy Harvin, Min WR
TE Antonio Gates*, SD TE
D/ST Ravens D/ST D/ST
K Josh Brown, StL
Bench Frank Gore, SF RB
Bench Plaxico Burress, NYJ WR
Bench Willis McGahee, Den
Bench Aaron Hernandez*, NE TE
Bench Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buf QB Agency
Bench Torrey Smith, Bal WR

Pestilence
10-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Romo, Davis and Manningham

for

Stafford and Frank Gore?

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Romo, Davis and Manningham

for

Stafford and Frank Gore?

Dude.

He might have a bad team, but he's not an idiot.

Pestilence
10-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Dude.

He might have a bad team, but he's not an idiot.

You never know until you try. :D

How do you think I got Cam Newton in my money league.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 03:27 PM
You never know until you try. :D

How do you think I got Cam Newton in my money league.

Not really a fan of Gore, and Mendenhall is hot garbage right now.

It's going to be hard to deal with him.

Pestilence
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Is there a team in your league that's loaded with RBs?

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Is there a team in your league that's loaded with RBs?

Nope. Here's everyone's Top 3:

CJ
Wells
Grant

Foster
Blount
P. Thomas

MDJ
D. Williams
Woodhead

Rice
F. Jackson
F. Jones

Forte
Benson
Tolbert

Peterson
Bradshaw
Lynch

Mendenhall
Gore
Hightower

McFadden
Law Firm
Greene

Turner
Mathews
Moreno

SJ39
Sproles
Addai

Best
Hillis
Spiller

Pestilence
10-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Ugh.

Just hope to God you get Ridley.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Ugh.

Just hope to God you get Ridley.

If I get him, I'll probably get "Belichick'd."

(similar concept to "Shanahan'd")

Pestilence
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
If I get him, I'll probably get "Belichick'd."

(similar concept to "Shanahan'd")

It's better than nothing.

That's at least what I'm hoping for. My RB situation is fucked unless Benson can get his suspension overturned.

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Can I have a link to your league page please? I love the ideas im

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm coming up with....let me toy around please thank you

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Ridley isn't the #1 get this week...that's Ryan torain...

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 04:31 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/25jzfxy.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/20ze7mv.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/28mn6vr.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/n5j22e.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Ridley isn't the #1 get this week...that's Ryan torain...

I'm not touching Shanahan RB's. Can't count on them. Every week it's a different guy with no warning.

Those who got fucked by Hightower's whopping two points this week would agree, methinks.

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm not touching Shanahan RB's. Can't count on them. Every week it's a different guy with no warning.

Those who got ****ed by Hightower's whopping two points this week would agree, methinks.

I started Hightower (reluctantly) in 5 leagues and went 6-1 this week. I am very upset though since he was my ultimate sleeper, but I'm telling you right now, it would be THE ultimate mistake to pass on Torain for Ridley. What's the point? With Torain, you may actually be getting THE feature back...(with a series or two for Helu)...with Ridley...you know you're getting a committee back no matter what.

Torain is the man now...after that performance...he's the man.

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Right now I'm 4-0, 4-0, 4-0, 3-1, 2-2, 2-2 and 1-3 (and my 1-3 team is stacked)...second straight year I've hit on just about everything (other than god damn Tim Hightower)

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Calvin Johnson and James Starks for Jermichael Finley, Steven Jackson and Sidney Rice.

Pick up Torain.

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Owen Daniels (love him now that Andre is hurt, absolutely love him for the next month - and the rest of the season), Ryan Mathews, and Julio Jones for Calvin Johnson, James Starks and Fred Davis.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Calvin Johnson and James Starks for Jermichael Finley, Steven Jackson and Sidney Rice.

Pick up Torain.

Ugh.

Try again.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Owen Daniels (love him now that Andre is hurt, absolutely love him for the next month - and the rest of the season), Ryan Mathews, and Julio Jones for Calvin Johnson, James Starks and Fred Davis.

That's more like it, but that guy won't make a deal. He's sitting at 4-0 with Miles Austin on his bench. If I pulled a deal off with him, it would be for Austin, because he's seen he can win without him. Plus, it gives me the Romo-Austin double points bonanza when MA comes back.

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Basically what you need to do is trade Calvin or Vincent and then upgrade two positions on your team...right now I hate your TE and think you need a TE 1 for sure...so Finley or Owen Daniels gives you a +10 margin at TE...you'd be downgrading -10 from Calvin to Julio or Rice, minimum...

I think Starks is what Starks is...he's not starter worthy, at all...and I think he's at peak value right now...right now he's at RB2/RB3 value but I think he's more of an RB4...if you could upgrade him with Steven Jackson (RB2 borderline 1 if healthy) or Ryan Mathews (RB2)...you're getting another +5 - +7...

Romo is still a top 6 fantasy QB...don't mess with Romo. Trust me.

Anyways...

Romo
McCoy
Jackson
Jackson
Rice
Finley

is a great lineup

as is...

Romo
McCoy
Mathews
Jackson
Jones
Daniels

as is your roster right now...if only you had a TE

There are just too many TE's this year with value to not have one...

before doing any of these though...go try and sell Anquan Boldin for Aaron Hernandez and see if you can get a bite...or Starks for Hernandez...or even something like Vincent Jackson for Hernandez and Bowe...try and snipe Hernandez from that team with Gates ASAP

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Ugh.

Try again.

I'm a big proponent of the TE this year...your team is very solid but you're getting nothing out of a position when your starting lineup consists of 6 players...that's a losing strategy.

You have to trade one of your big guns (even if it's McCoy) for a 2 for 1 involving a TE...

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
trade LeSean for Steven Jackson and Jermichael Finley (that would probably never happen, you'd have to add Anquan or something...and Anquan has NO value so it's no big deal)...

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 05:05 PM
either way, you're extremely solid with Romo, McCoy, CJ and VJ...but in a 6 starter league (I don't count K or DEF)...you have to have points at all 6 and Starks isn't going to get TD's with Rodgers and Fred Davis isn't going to get points period.

If you could pawn CJ for a RB2, WR3 and a TE1 that'll go a lot further than starting dead weight (Starks and Davis) in a shallow starter league.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Thoughts on Post #30:

Not a fan of SJ39 and Rice. I'm rarely if ever a fan of guys that are 90% of their team's offense. (obvious hyperbole, but you get the point)

The issue with the other deal is that I'd have to give up Megatron to get Mathews - and then have both Mathews/VJ starting every week. VERY boom or bust.

I have no problem dealing for Hernandez, and can probably get him, but talk about a guy that is inconsistent as hell - and injured at the moment.

I agree that I could probably get by with this roster if I was able to acquire a TE1.

Problem is, I'm not getting a TE1 without giving up a key piece.

Ugh.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 05:12 PM
The Jamaal Charles injury fucked my team hardcore. I'm 2-2 and it's not looking good.

QB Ben Roethlisberger
QB Jay Cutler
QB Cam Newton

RB Felix Jones
RB Cedric Benson
RB Stevan Ridley
RB Brandon Jacobs
RB Marion Barber

WR Vincent Jackson
WR Mike Wallace
WR Denarius Moore
WR Titus Young
WR Mohammed Massaquoi
WR Jacoby Ford

TE Vernon Davis

K Rob Bironas

DEF Titans DEF

Get the fuck out of my thread. :D

Sent you an offer in the CP league.

Pestilence
10-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Get the fuck out of my thread. :D

Sent you an offer in the CP league.

Fine....I'll start my own.....asshole.

Got it. I'm reviewing it with my lawyer. Someone will get back to you.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Fine....I'll start my own.....asshole.

Got it. I'm reviewing it with my lawyer. Someone will get back to you.

LMAO

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Hootie: what would you give for Gates?

doomy3
10-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Not really a fan of Gore, and Mendenhall is hot garbage right now.

It's going to be hard to deal with him.

Offer him a WR for Aaron Hernandez though

Short Leash Hootie
10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Hootie: what would you give for Gates?

Nothing. Don't trust that foot injury...

and lets put it this way...if Gates and Hernandez were both healthy and both played every game from here on out...

I'm taking Hernandez. That dude opens up EVERYTHING for New England...he would have had 100 catches if not for injury...him and Gronkowski are 1A and 1B with Welker being SUPER 1...

that offense hasn't looked nearly as potent without Hernandez...

I have a league where you can start 2 QB's and 2 TE's if you want (complicated, not getting into it) and I drafted Brady with my 1st round pick and THOUGHT about combo'ing up with Gronkowski and Hernandez as my two TE's..

omg I wish I had done that...that was my initial plan until I ended up taking Owen Daniels really late and then combo'ing Pettigrew with my other QB Stafford.

I was so close to owning that league.

OnTheWarpath58
10-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Update: Dude is willing to deal Hernandez, but not until after Gates' bye week.

And Hootie?

Take a look at the rosters and tell me what you'd offer for Miles Austin.

Short Leash Hootie
10-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Ingram for austin even though I think Ingram is sneaking up on rb2 value...

OnTheWarpath58
10-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Ingram for austin even though I think Ingram is sneaking up on rb2 value...

No way anyone would do that straight up.

Are you typing on your phone?

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 09:34 AM
No way anyone would do that straight up.

Are you typing on your phone?

Yeah I am a noticeably different poster on my phone...but people get mad at the tapatalk thing so I'll leave everyone guessing...

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 09:36 AM
And personally I'm not real high on austin anyways unless you can buy low...I think that's the dez bryant show if dez is healthy...at least TD wise...and standard leagues are all about the TDS

OnTheWarpath58
10-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Probably going to need a 30 point game tomorrow night from Megatron to keep from going 1-4.

Unbelievable.

Pawnmower
10-09-2011, 07:13 PM
You could try and pick up Ryan Torain since he had a bye week this week, he might do well next week. I picked him up on a couple of teams, I think he is going to take hightower's job...he should be available in most 12 team leagues I would think.

Also, pick up Tebow for some LOL

OnTheWarpath58
10-09-2011, 07:35 PM
You could try and pick up Ryan Torain since he had a bye week this week, he might do well next week. I picked him up on a couple of teams, I think he is going to take hightower's job...he should be available in most 12 team leagues I would think.

Also, pick up Tebow for some LOL

Torain's not available.

Time to start dealing.

Shame, because there's a ton of talent on my roster that just isn't producing. Or isn't producing as much as they should.

For instance, Michael Vick is absolutely killing McCoy's upside. 20 carries in the last two games? Meanwhile, Vick's slinging the ball 40 times a game and giving it to the other team.

Fucking retarded.

OnTheWarpath58
10-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Probably going to need a 30 point game tomorrow night from Megatron to keep from going 1-4.

Unbelievable.

Well, that turned out better than I thought.

Finley had an average game against me and Crosby was worth 15 for me, so I only need 8 from Megatron to salvage the week.

*crosses fingers*

The Bad Guy
10-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Dude, feel your pain. I have Vick, Mendenhall, Wayne, Harvin and 3 out of those 4 are sinking me. This is the worst team I've ever had.

OnTheWarpath58
10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Dude, feel your pain. I have Vick, Mendenhall, Wayne, Harvin and 3 out of those 4 are sinking me. This is the worst team I've ever had.

Fucking brutal, ain't it?

If you would have told me before the draft I'd have Romo, McCoy, Megatron and VJ, there's no way I'd believe I had a chance to be 1-4 after 5 weeks.

It's mostly just bad luck.

I lost by 23 the week my opponent had Rodgers go off for 53.

I lost one week by a point after James Starks' last carry of the game went for -8 yards and a fumble and McCoy's last carry went for negative yards, knocking him from 131 yards to 129. There's 4 points lost on two plays that had no bearing on the games.

I'm 7 points down (and lost tiebreaker) with Megatron to play tomorrow. Sure enough, my opponent played the Bengals defense, who was gifted 8 points on the last play of the game when Jacksonville tried to re-enact Cal/Stanford. Fumble, TD the other way.

5th in points scored and 3rd in points against. Brutal.

Pawnmower
10-09-2011, 10:26 PM
hey you should feel good... i NEVER draft kc players but jamaal charles fell to 5 in this one league I am in with my brother-in law , sister-in-law and various other family that I now have to struggle against without my number one all season....oh and on that team my qb was rothlissrapist, and i finally benched him today to start fitzpatrick.....so yah....big ben gets 4 td's today

i fucking hate that guy

DJ's left nut
10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
I may end up losing my work league because of a dumbass that climbed up on a teammates back to block a Figgy.

I have Akers, who drilled a 4 point FG for me during the TB route yesterday. Unfortunately, that stupid 'leverage' penalty got called and Harbaugh took the figgy off the board. The very next play was a 20+ yard TD to Vernon Davis...who my opponent had.

So that was a 12 point swing and I'm now down 19 w/ Megatron to pay tonight. I'm almost certainly going to lose that game because some jackass special teamer forgot one of the most basic rules in football.

I hate this game sometimes. I especially hate it in the "Sunday Ticket" era when I get a chance to see every stupid damn play that costs me fantasy points.

OnTheWarpath58
10-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Well, there's a trade on the table, but I'm thinking of getting greedy.

I'd give VJ and one of my backs (Ingram, Starks or Ridley) and get Beanie Wells and Brandon Marshall in return.

Guy I'd be dealing with is in a similar position - he'll be 2-3 after this week - and has Rivers as his QB. Looking for double points.

But after looking at the schedules, I'm wondering if I should get greedy and try to make a deal for Chris Johnson instead of Wells. CJ has his FB back, and IMO, plays a much easier schedule than Wells. More risk, but much, much more upside.

Thoughts?

ChiefGator
10-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Hell yeah.. go for CJ. He should eventually get on track.

Even though I am currently enjoying Beanie Wells very much... But, he's never gonna have a 200 yard game, and you never know once CJ gets going.

KCrockaholic
10-10-2011, 07:04 PM

Yep. Same for me. This is actually my worst fantasy season ever.

I don't know why, but this year is sooo difficult to judge who's going to do what.

OnTheWarpath58
10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
And there's the win.

Thanks, Megatron.

ChiefGator
10-10-2011, 07:42 PM
I need 40 points between Stafford and Hanson for the win and the weeks highest points ($50)... well, now I only need 29 points.

Buck
10-10-2011, 10:11 PM
After the draft, I looked at my team and thought it was dogshit. I am 4-1 and first place in my only league (money league).

http://i.imgur.com/jLLKo.jpg

I drafted Amendola who got injured for the year week 1 and picked up Denarius Moore. I drafted the Chiefs defense and dropped them after the first 2 weeks of fucking me over and picked up Houston. I then dropped Ricky Williams and picked up the best player available which was Hasselback. I'm thinking about dropping Bradford.

I was seconds away from selecting Reggie Wayne, but I went with Wes Welker instead when I saw his sticker next to Wayne's.

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2011, 10:17 PM
that is a dogshit team

OnTheWarpath58
10-10-2011, 10:21 PM
that is a dogshit team

Did you see my earlier post about the trade I mentioned to you?

Potential to get Chris Johnson instead of Wells. How much more would you give to get him?

Buck
10-10-2011, 10:28 PM
that is a dogshit team

I know. Brandon Jacobs has been pretty good for me though. I reluctantly played him the first 4 weeks as my Flex and he did really good for me.

It's pretty much Brees and Welker keeping me alive.

You get 5 bonus points for 300+ yards from a QB and 3 bonus points for 200+ yards from a WR.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Did you see my earlier post about the trade I mentioned to you?

Potential to get Chris Johnson instead of Wells. How much more would you give to get him?

I bought Chris Johnson super low two weeks ago and was pretty happy...

but I don't know man...not sure if I honestly see him being much of an upgrade over Beanie this year.

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 09:09 AM
I bought Chris Johnson super low two weeks ago and was pretty happy...

but I don't know man...not sure if I honestly see him being much of an upgrade over Beanie this year.

Really?

Granted, Wells has been much more consistent, but CJ has his FB back, and has a ridiculously easy schedule left. Beanie still has two against SF and games against Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Dallas. There's no one on CJ's schedule that worries me.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
my faith in CJ is starting to wain...he dances a lot behind the line of scrimmage always looking for the big play...

I got him and Decker for Wayne and Hightower two weeks ago...which again, ended up being a steal for me after Torain took over for Hightower...but I'm still not buying CJ ending up as a top 10 back this year...unless he starts running downhill again

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 12:49 PM
my faith in CJ is starting to wain...he dances a lot behind the line of scrimmage always looking for the big play...

I got him and Decker for Wayne and Hightower two weeks ago...which again, ended up being a steal for me after Torain took over for Hightower...but I'm still not buying CJ ending up as a top 10 back this year...unless he starts running downhill again

I think there's a good chance of that happening due to Hall being back at FB, and the defenses he's facing from here on out. There's not a single week you could look at and expect him to be shut down.

Meanwhile, Wells still has games against SF twice, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Dallas.

Wells has been consistent, and CJ is definitely a boom or bust kinda guy, but sitting at 2-3, I think he's worth the risk.

If he even improves slightly, and has a handful of CJ-like games, my team will be pretty damn solid the rest of the way, especially if I can get Hernandez.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 12:50 PM
if you can get CJ for slightly more than what you can get Beanie, for sure...go for it.

I'm still waiting for CJ to show me something this year though...dude doesn't look like the freak he was 2 years ago...or even last year. Maybe he's still getting his legs back after his holdout.

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 12:52 PM
if you can get CJ for slightly more than what you can get Beanie, for sure...go for it.

I'm still waiting for CJ to show me something this year though...dude doesn't look like the freak he was 2 years ago...or even last year. Maybe he's still getting his legs back after his holdout.

I think it's two things. The holdout, and Ahmard Hall being suspended.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
what % of snaps does Hall play? I'll be honest, I've never taken any of that into account.

If it is a high %, I might go snatch up CJ in a few leagues.

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 01:18 PM
what % of snaps does Hall play? I'll be honest, I've never taken any of that into account.

If it is a high %, I might go snatch up CJ in a few leagues.

Hall played 283 snaps last year, about 27%

He played 14 of 76 snaps Sunday, his first game of the year. CJ had 40, FWIW.

I think 27% is pretty high for a FB.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Hall played 283 snaps last year, about 27%

He played 14 of 76 snaps Sunday, his first game of the year. CJ had 40, FWIW.

I think 27% is pretty high for a FB.

Yeah perhaps you've sold me a bit on Chris Johnson. I think I'll go snatch him up in a few leagues.

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah perhaps you've sold me a bit on Chris Johnson. I think I'll go snatch him up in a few leagues.

Just a hunch.

a.) Hope I'm right.

b.) Hope I can get my hands on him.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 02:27 PM
like I said, I got him two weeks ago for Hightower and Reggie Wayne (plus I got Eric Decker)...I was amazed when someone proposed that deal to me...so right now I have gotten him for free in one league...hopefully I can get good value in another league or two.

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Just got off the phone, and the potential deals look like this:

I'd deal Vincent Jackson and James Starks for Beanie Wells and Brandon Marshall...

Or deal VJ, Starks and Boldin for Chris Johnson, Marshall and Mike Williams.

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I might be inclined to go with the last offer.

But I like Mike Williams a lot more than Anquan Boldin.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Well considering starks and boldin have little to no value in my eyes...the 2nd deal is a no brainer

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Goddammit.

He's changed his mind, unwilling to trade CJ.

But he's just made a trade that's up for vote that gets him Steven Jackson.

So I'm either looking at VJ/Ridley for Wells/Marshall

or VJ/Ridley for SJ39/Marshall.

OnTheWarpath58
10-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Changed his mind again. Unwilling to move SJ39.

Still think this is a good deal for me, though Wells' next two matchups after his bye are brutal - Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

VJ and Ridley for Wells and Marshall.

OnTheWarpath58
10-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Now my focus is on getting a TE. Hernandez, Witten or Daniels.

Pestilence
10-12-2011, 10:13 AM
In before Hootie creams all over Hernandez.

Short Leash Hootie
10-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Hernandez is a top 3 TE if he stays healthy...id take him, gronk, graham or Finley as my top 4

OnTheWarpath58
10-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Hernandez is a top 3 TE if he stays healthy...id take him, gronk, graham or Finley as my top 4

Hernandez and Witten are the only two I have a legit shot of getting. AH's owner is waiting for Gates to get healthy, and Witten's owner also has Olsen and is desperate at WR with AJ out and at RB3.

I think I have a better shot of getting AH, as Witten's owner is notorious for asking WAY too much for players.

Currently rolling with Fred Davis and Gresham if nothing happens. Really would like to upgrade, I'd feel pretty good about my team:

Romo
McCoy
Wells
Megatron
B. Marshall
Hernandez? Witten?
Crosby
Random Defense

Rain Man
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
In before Hootie creams all over Hernandez.

You cut that one pretty close. Post faster next time.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Now my focus is on getting a TE. Hernandez, Witten or Daniels.

Witten

The guy is nails and consistent as hell.

Depending on how many guys you start, putting up a 4 spot from your TE can be death.

Hernandez is going to have a few weeks where he'll be neutralized and Brady will simply look elsewhere; they're not going to force the ball to him.

Witten, OTOH, seems to go for 6 catches and 70 yards every damn week. He's the most reliable TE in the NFL, IMO and Romo always looks for him when he's in trouble (which is often).

If you can get Witten, I'd go for him. He's my favorite TE option out there. He may not end up with as many points as a Finley, but he's just steady as can be.

Pestilence
10-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Witten has already had his bye week as well.

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Witten

The guy is nails and consistent as hell.

Depending on how many guys you start, putting up a 4 spot from your TE can be death.

Hernandez is going to have a few weeks where he'll be neutralized and Brady will simply look elsewhere; they're not going to force the ball to him.

Witten, OTOH, seems to go for 6 catches and 70 yards every damn week. He's the most reliable TE in the NFL, IMO and Romo always looks for him when he's in trouble (which is often).

If you can get Witten, I'd go for him. He's my favorite TE option out there. He may not end up with as many points as a Finley, but he's just steady as can be.

Wow.

Witten is my #5 TE...

Behind:

1) Graham
2) Gronkowski
3) Finley
4) Hernandez
5) Witten

Last week, Gronkowski almost didn't play because of illness, and Hernandez dropped a TD pass (that ended in an INT) that hit him in the hands...that's right, a perfect pass.

The fact is, in the Patriots offense, they pass 1st to set up the run...and Welker is their RB (basically), with Gronk being their main red zone guy, and Hernandez being their WR1...

that's really how that offense works...

now the Jets played them with 7 DB's last week and Gronk stayed into block because (as reported on Rotoworld) he was too sick and almost didn't even play...so they just ran the ball down their throats...

so yeah, I still consider Gronkowski/Hernandez as having WR1 value..same as Jimmy Graham and Finley (because they basically are receivers)...

Witten may be the best NFL TE...(even though I still think Gonzalez is better all around)...but he won't be the best fantasy TE this year...

Romo has a better red zone target and his name is Dez Bryant...Dez is like Megatron light...he'll get those goal to go lobs once or twice a game and so far he's came down with every single one.

OnTheWarpath58
11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Gotten to the point where I'm not sure how else to improve. Scored 107 this week with only 7 players (took 0 for kicker, didn't want to disrupt bench) and of course, lost to the only team that outscored me this week.

Here's where I'm at, let me know if you think I can upgrade somewhere. Reminder, we play 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, K, DEF. Standard scoring.

Romo

McCoy
Wells
Ingram
Starks
Morris

Megatron
Marshall
Julio Jones
Boldin
Manningham

F. Davis

Saints

Crosby

Sfeihc
11-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Romo got to gogo! Fred Davis is from Toledo. Fine young man.

OnTheWarpath58
11-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Romo got to gogo! Fred Davis is from Toledo. Fine young man.

That's the one place I looked as well.

But there's no way I'm getting an upgrade there, the guys who have the elite guys are all doing well/fighting for playoffs. The one guy I might be able to get is Roethlisberger, because the guy that has him also has Brees - who both share a bye week.

Sfeihc
11-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Work it for Big Ben. You've got the chips to trade for him @ WR/RB and Romo. Big Ben is from about 45 minutes away from me.

Full disclosure. I'm a homer for the MAC. Did you see the Toledo/Northern Illinois game? Insane. 63-60, UNI.

OnTheWarpath58
11-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Ugh. I'm 4-5, and now the injury bug is going to finish me.

Romo

McCoy
Wells

Megatron
Austin

Graham

Crosby

Jets

Bench:

Starks
Ingram
Morris

Julio Jones
Manningham
Baldwin

I think I'll be OK plugging Jones into Austin's spot, but Wells really worries me. Dude was nails against the Ravens, yet lays an egg against the worst run defense in the league.

Are there any deals to be made here to salvage this season?

Pestilence
11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Any RBs on the WW?

OnTheWarpath58
11-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Any RBs on the WW?

Ivory, but I'm 5th in line.

Pestilence
11-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Can you try and get a RB and WR for Megatron?

SPATCH
11-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Can you try and get a RB and WR for Megatron?

Exactly what I was about to suggest