PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV House - Season 8

Gonzo
10-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Hey House fans...

Season 8 is about to start on FOX. I've been a huge fan for quite some time now. I hope this season is better than the last. I liked last season and all but it just wasn't quite as good as the others.
From what I've read, this year is supposed to be pretty damn good.

Remember, its never lupus.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
10-03-2011, 07:25 PM
When did this show turn into Prison Break?

Gonzo
10-03-2011, 07:35 PM
When did this show turn into Prison Break?

Did you miss the finale last season? House went super bat-shit crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
10-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Looks like Foreman is the new c.o.m. since Cuddy's gone. That episode was damn good, I'm impressed so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Rick
10-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Looks like Foreman is the new c.o.m. since Cuddy's gone. That episode was damn good, I'm impressed so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I enjoyed seeing House "work" the prison in the beginning like he works a hospital. Screening meds for inmates, calling out chess moves, etc.

Gonzo
10-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I enjoyed seeing House "work" the prison in the beginning like he works a hospital. Screening meds for inmates, calling out chess moves, etc.

You know, I think they are really trying to keep the show fresh. I don't know how it will do this year with all of the casting changes, though.

Gonzo
10-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Last night's episode made me uncomfortable.

I've never liked Foreman and I really don't like the fact that he's in charge.
I also don't think I like his new team member. On a scale from 1-10 I give last night's ep a 5 1/2.
We'll see how everything shapes up.

The Rick
10-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Last night's episode made me uncomfortable.

I've never liked Foreman and I really don't like the fact that he's in charge.
I also don't think I like his new team member. On a scale from 1-10 I give last night's ep a 5 1/2.
We'll see how everything shapes up.
Agreed. Foreman's better when everyone is dumping on him, not when he's in charge.

After the first episode, last night was a let down.

KevB
10-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Did you miss the finale last season? House went super bat-shit crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't watched an ep yet, and I haven't read further in this thread. But the way last season ended really felt like House jumping the shark. I'm not compelled to watch anymore because of the way last season spiraled.

vailpass
10-11-2011, 11:08 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XCbBUjwxnA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kyle DeLexus
10-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Went to watch this and all's I got to watch was Shitty Nova

Gonzo
10-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Went to watch this and all's I got to watch was Shitty Nova

MLB Playoff game ran over so everything was like 45 minutes behind.

Kyle DeLexus
10-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah I forgot that happens sometimes. No big deal I'll just watch it online sometime.

Lumpy
10-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't care for the new team member at all. Her character is weak and the "old House" would have kicked her ass to the curb. But it looks like they're bringing in another team member on the next episode, (along w/ bringing back Thirteen... for good? I hope!).

I'm a fan of Omar Epps, but his character, Foreman, has always rubbed me the wrong. He is way too cheeky and it gets worse w/ every episode. Now that he's the boss, I hope they play that down a bit.

I'm diggin' House's new hairstyle, but that's about it. They're making his character way too tame. The "prison sex" comment he made was his style, but the script for this episode really softened his witty, smartass personality. Wilson also reminded me of a pissy, little school girl... until the end when he punched House. Heh.

cardken
10-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm diggin' House's new hairstyle, but that's about it. They're making his character way too tame. The "prison sex" comment he made was his style, but the script for this episode really softened his witty, smartass personality. Wilson also reminded me of a pissy, little school girl... until the end when he punched House. Heh.

Robert Sean Leonard has been soft his whole career, was never a fan. Hadn't watch "House" in a while, but was a good episode for the pedestrian watcher.

Kyle DeLexus
10-12-2011, 01:25 AM
I don't care for the new team member at all. Her character is weak and the "old House" would have kicked her ass to the curb. But it looks like they're bringing in another team member on the next episode, (along w/ bringing back Thirteen... for good? I hope!).

I'm a fan of Omar Epps, but his character, Foreman, has always rubbed me the wrong. He is way too cheeky and it gets worse w/ every episode. Now that he's the boss, I hope they play that down a bit.

Absolutely hate the new team member as well. Her voice and entire demeanor annoy me.

Gonzo
01-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Season 8 picks back up tonight after a long break. From everything I've read, this is it. I hope they score some good numbers and that the season gains some steam. So far, it's really been kind of...
Well, MEH.

Micjones
01-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Is it struggling that bad in the ratings?
A two-month hiatus and you come back to a brand new timeslot?

I don't get off until 7pm. I'll always be playing catch-up now.

This is my absolute favorite show on Television and I fear it's on its last legs.

Micjones
01-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

That was a horrible decision BTW.
Foreman's failed as House's boss twice already.

I thought Wilson or perhaps Andre Braugher's character would've been better choices. Ultimately I think only a female DOM could really control him. Cameron might've been interesting. She had a successful stint as House's boss when Cuddy went on leave.

Pestilence
01-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Season 8 picks back up tonight after a long break. From everything I've read, this is it. I hope they score some good numbers and that the season gains some steam. So far, it's really been kind of...
Well, MEH.

This is it.....like this is the last season of House?

Micjones
01-23-2012, 11:48 AM

I think it will be, unfortunately.

The show's seen its ratings drop, they lost a major character and it's gotten too expensive for the network to produce.

Gonzo
01-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Hugh Laurie's contract is up this year so I doubt they will go any further.
The numbers are down from Season 6 and early 7. The show's remaining steady, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be it.

The latest shows have been ok, but it's not the same without Cuddy there to constantly berate him. I hope they bring her back for the last couple episodes.

Nothing's official, though. So maybe, just maybe there's hope.

Micjones
Hugh Laurie's contract is up this year so I doubt they will go any further.
The numbers are down from Season 6 and early 7. The show's remaining steady, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be it.

The latest shows have been ok, but it's not the same without Cuddy there to constantly berate him. I hope they bring her back for the last couple episodes.

Nothing's official, though. So maybe, just maybe there's hope.

Edelstein's a regular of another show now though, right?

Pestilence
After the last few seasons.....I don't think I'm going to miss it.

Gonzo
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Edelstein's a regular of another show now though, right?

Yeah, she signed with something else. There's so many ways to end this thing, I just hope it's done well.

Micjones
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM
After the last few seasons.....I don't think I'm going to miss it.

I definitely will. Aside from SVU (which I think will also be done after this season)...it's my favorite TV show in more than a decade.

Can't remember being absorbed by a show as much as I am with House.

Micjones
01-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah, she signed with something else. There's so many ways to end this thing, I just hope it's done well.

I think it has to end with House dying.
That's the ONLY way to send the show off.

Pestilence
01-23-2012, 12:01 PM
I definitely will. Aside from SVU (which I think will also be done after this season)...it's my favorite TV show in more than a decade.

Don't get wrong.....I've liked the show....but I haven't had the same enthusiasm that I've had with past seasons. The wife and I watch House, SVU and CSI every week but we haven't really missed House for the last two months. I can't really get into the new cast members....and the Asian chick gets on my nerves.

Gonzo
01-23-2012, 12:01 PM

This

(Except for the SVU thing. I've never watched it)

I'm a big fan of the following, though:

SOA
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
Rescue Me (ended pretty well)
OZ, (I need the box set. I miss that show)
Sopranos
Deadwood - (ended too soon)

out of all of them, I like House the most. The characters are enigmatic, House is someone I can relate with. Often times, I feel like driving my car through someone's front fucking door. It's just a compelling and interesting show.

Pestilence
01-23-2012, 12:03 PM
OZ was a bad ass fucking show. I really miss watching that every week.

We also watch True Blood every season....and I've taken on Dexter and Game of Thrones into my own list.

Micjones
01-23-2012, 12:10 PM
This

(Except for the SVU thing. I've never watched it)

I'm a big fan of the following, though:

SOA
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
Rescue Me (ended pretty well)
OZ, (I need the box set. I miss that show)
Sopranos
Deadwood - (ended too soon)

out of all of them, I like House the most. The characters are enigmatic, House is someone I can relate with. Often times, I feel like driving my car through someone's front ****ing door. It's just a compelling and interesting show.

Hugh Laurie was absolutely perfect for this role.
Gregory House is one of the most intriguing television characters of all-time.

Pestilence
01-23-2012, 12:11 PM
I think it has to end with House dying.
That's the ONLY way to send the show off.

The only way I could think that they could get away with killing him off.....is if he has to experiment on himself to figure out the cure for another patient.

Micjones
01-23-2012, 12:14 PM
The only way I could think that they could get away with killing him off.....is if he has to experiment on himself to figure out the cure for another patient.

An overdose would work.

Gonzo
01-23-2012, 12:15 PM

Did you know that they considered signing Dennis Leary to that role?

It would have never made it.

Micjones
01-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Did you know that they considered signing Dennis Leary to that role?

He might've been good in the role too.
He would've been able to pull off House's "curt" side, but I'm not sure I would've believed him being as cerebral as Laurie.

Gonzo
01-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Just an FYI

It's on now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
01-23-2012, 06:44 PM
So far, it's a pretty damn good ep.
It's a little closer to the norm. House being a dick, showing Foreman up etc.
I hope the numbers improve. It's a great show.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus
01-23-2012, 07:17 PM
So far, it's a pretty damn good ep.
It's a little closer to the norm. House being a dick, showing Foreman up etc.
I hope the numbers improve. It's a great show.
Posted via Mobile Device

Went to watch it on the DVR and Fox was messing up here for me, so I'll be having to watch online when it's available.

Bearcat
01-23-2012, 08:49 PM
I'll have to catch it on Hulu. It's one of the very few shows I watch regularly... even in the past few seasons when I think it's jumped the shark with all the relationship crap or a fluff episode here and there, they always seem to reel it back in with a couple of great episodes.

lcarus
01-24-2012, 08:43 AM
He might've been good in the role too.
He would've been able to pull off House's "curt" side, but I'm not sure I would've believed him being as cerebral as Laurie.

Yeah, Laurie is really believable as someone who is as genius as House is. Leary...I don't see it. He was great in Rescue Me though.

Pestilence
01-24-2012, 09:20 AM
It was an alright episode.

Buehler445
01-24-2012, 09:46 AM

Agree with the bolded. Most definitely. There have been a lot of genius type TV characters before but not many have been all that believable.

I'm not sure Laurie was made for the role though. I think he's just a fucking brilliant actor. Listen to an interview sometime. He's epic British and really pretty proper and polite. Everything on screen is acting, and it is really believable.

lcarus
01-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Agree with the bolded. Most definitely. There have been a lot of genius type TV characters before but not many have been all that believable.

I'm not sure Laurie was made for the role though. I think he's just a ****ing brilliant actor. Listen to an interview sometime. He's epic British and really pretty proper and polite. Everything on screen is acting, and it is really believable.

Yep. When you see an actor outside of their role and they're completely different than what you expect, they're great actors.

Gonzo
01-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Last night's episode was pretty much a classic one.
1. Patient has health issue with emotional baggage.
2. House acts like an asshole.
3. Side stories that are unnecessary but somewhat interesting.
4. Rinse and repeat.

Next week looks fucking awesome. Something is going to happen that may or may not begin to bring closure.

whoman69
01-31-2012, 10:25 AM
I think House has jumped the shark. Without Cuddy the show is missing something. Foreman is House light so anything he tries to do is hypocritical. He used to fight against it, but he doesn't anymore. He had no problem cheating with a married woman until he found out. Wilson isn't a big part of the show anymore except when they use him as the one sane person on the show.

Micjones
01-31-2012, 04:09 PM
I hate the new timeslot.
I've missed two weeks episodes in a row (as I don't get off until 7).

AND incidentally my laptop is also down.

whoman69
01-31-2012, 04:30 PM
I hate the new timeslot.
I've missed two weeks episodes in a row (as I don't get off until 7).

AND incidentally my laptop is also down.

No DVR?

The Rick
02-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Looks like this is the final season. :(

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/08/fox-house-cancelled/?iid=rcfooter-tv-'house'%3A+time+to+say+good-bye

whoman69
02-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Looks like this is the final season. :(

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/08/fox-house-cancelled/?iid=rcfooter-tv-'house'%3A+time+to+say+good-bye

The article states the ratings have remained solid, but it was once the highest rated show on TV and is nowhere near that now. Its down to 12th with about half its former viewership.

The Rick
02-08-2012, 07:54 PM
The article states the ratings have remained solid, but it was once the highest rated show on TV and is nowhere near that now. Its down to 12th with about half its former viewership.
Everybody lies.

:p

lcarus
02-08-2012, 09:25 PM
I heard a few weeks ago that perhaps the show could move over to NBC since it's an NBC Production, but it looks like Hugh Laurie and cast are ready to hang it up. Shame. I think the show has another season in it after this one.

Captain Obvious
02-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I miss Cameron and 13.

WhiteWhale
02-09-2012, 03:59 AM

Yeah, I'm among them.

It's a great premise. If you ask me the show ran far too long and the formula got redundant.

I think 5 seasons is the magic number. Most shows (especially dramas) really peak around that time. Given the nature of TV they always let things slide down, but it would be great if great shows got an ending they deserve rather than an anti-climactic write off.

Pestilence
02-09-2012, 09:22 AM
I miss Cameron and 13.

This. I don't like the new chicks at all.

lcarus
02-09-2012, 09:36 AM
This. I don't like the new chicks at all.

I don't really hate them or love them. I do love the way Adams looks. Gorgeous. But yeah the show needed to end this season or the next. I was personally hoping for a 9th season because I'm selfish like that, but I just hope they give the show a great ending.

whoman69
02-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't really hate them or love them. I do love the way Adams looks. Gorgeous. But yeah the show needed to end this season or the next. I was personally hoping for a 9th season because I'm selfish like that, but I just hope they give the show a great ending.

I think House should finally finish the job of trying to kill himself.

The Rick
02-09-2012, 02:38 PM
I think House should finally finish the job of trying to kill himself.
Maybe in the final episode, he'll die of lupus.

Guru
02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I have never understood the appeal of this character at all. Whenever I happen to be in the room when my wife is watching it all I can think is that somebody needs to just shoot this pompous ass.

Kyle DeLexus
02-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I have never understood the appeal of this character at all. Whenever I happen to be in the room when my wife is watching it all I can think is that somebody needs to just shoot this pompous ass.

That's already happened.

Gonzo
02-10-2012, 09:49 AM
That's already happened.

Twice!

Well, he was shot twice.. By the same guy.

Talk about not following through on a story line. The last we heard, the guy is still at large.

Then the other guy that took House hostage. How about a little security, people?!

lcarus
02-10-2012, 10:21 AM

He's a brilliant doctor/man who doesn't care about anything but solving the puzzle of the patient, breaking any rules that may prevent him from doing so. Plus he's hooked on vicodin. He's basically Sherlock Holmes in a lot of ways.

Gonzo
02-10-2012, 10:33 AM
He's a brilliant doctor/man who doesn't care about anything but solving the puzzle of the patient, breaking any rules that may prevent him from doing so. Plus he's hooked on vicodin. He's basically Sherlock Holmes in a lot of ways.

Heh, I don't know if you knew this or not but they based House off of Sherlock Holmes.

Wilson = Watson
House = Holmes
Etc...

I think that's on the House Wiki page. You should read up on it when you have time. There's some interesting facts about the show.

Micjones
02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Just found out the show is concluding with the S08 finale.

Pestilence
02-28-2012, 05:53 PM
How many episodes are left?

Micjones
03-02-2012, 05:54 PM
How many episodes are left?

Eight.

Gonzo
03-02-2012, 09:00 PM
I hope they do something worth a shit for these last 8 eps. Hopefully bring Cuddy back or House's ex GF (Stacy) from season 1-2. They need to conclude this amazing show on a high note.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection
03-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I've always look at this show as an adaptation of Sherlock Holmes. I haven't watched this year regularly as it hasn't been good for quite some time, but I'll probably watch the last few episodes.

I don't believe they've ever re-visited that great episode where House got shot (and the guy who did it named Moriarty supposedly escaped), but it would be nice if they did. I don't expect them to, though.

pr_capone
03-02-2012, 09:29 PM
This makes me sad. End of an era. House was an excellent show and has held up extremely well over 8 years.

Micjones
03-05-2012, 04:19 PM
I hope they do something worth a shit for these last 8 eps. Hopefully bring Cuddy back or House's ex GF (Stacy) from season 1-2. They need to conclude this amazing show on a high note.
Posted via Mobile Device

I tend to agree.

The show has to end with House dying though.
That'll be the only acceptable ending for me.

Micjones
03-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I've always look at this show as an adaptation of Sherlock Holmes.

That's precisely what it is.

I don't believe they've ever re-visited that great episode where House got shot (and the guy who did it named Moriarty supposedly escaped), but it would be nice if they did. I don't expect them to, though.

I made a joke about having Moriarty to come back and finish him off this time just the other day.

Micjones
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
This makes me sad. End of an era. House was an excellent show and has held up extremely well over 8 years.

SVU's the only other drama I've ever attached myself to.
Not sure what I'm gonna follow now.

Gonzo
03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Heh, you know it's the only show I've ever purchased via DVD. I have all 7 seasons and watch them all the time. It never get's old, (especially season's 3 and 5).
Each time I watch it, I catch something new.

Micjones
03-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Heh, you know it's the only show I've ever purchased via DVD. I have all 7 seasons and watch them all the time. It never get's old, (especially season's 3 and 5).
Each time I watch it, I catch something new.

I'm going to buy every season on DVD once 8 is available.
I only found the show about two years ago (when I lost my job), but I've been a faithful follower of a 24/7/365 Internet channel that runs the eps in chronological order, ever since.

My favorite seasons are 4, 6 and 7.

Gonzo
03-05-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm going to buy every season on DVD once 8 is available.
I only found the show about two years ago (when I lost my job), but I've been a faithful follower of a 24/7/365 Internet channel that runs the eps in chronological order, ever since.

My favorite seasons are 4, 6 and 7.

Go Amazon when you do... I got all 7 seasons for under 100 bucks.

Micjones
03-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Go Amazon when you do... I got all 7 seasons for under 100 bucks.

Nice! Thanks for the tip.

KS Smitty
03-05-2012, 08:37 PM
So will last weeks' episode that got pre-empted by the Daytona 500 be aired or is it available online?

KC_Connection
03-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I tend to agree.

The show has to end with House dying though.
That'll be the only acceptable ending for me.
But Sherlock Holmes never dies. Well he kinda does, I guess, but then it turns out he faked his own death.

BTW, have you seen the BBC's version of Sherlock? It's fantastic. Season 2 just came out and it was even better than the first season.

I made a joke about having Moriarty to come back and finish him off this time just the other day.
It would be nice if the writers didn't just forget about the character. But I think they probably will.

Gonzo
03-05-2012, 08:55 PM
So will last weeks' episode that got pre-empted by the Daytona 500 be aired or is it available online?

Just did some reading...
Apparently they're going to extend the season one more week, (into April) and air that episode in a couple weeks. The show is also going back to it's old time-slot, (8:00 CST).

Why the hell it's so difficult to find this information is beyond me. You'd think they would put it on the official website, but fuck no. You've gotta look all over the place to find any type of information.

KS Smitty
03-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Just did some reading...
Apparently they're going to extend the season one more week, (into April) and air that episode in a couple weeks. The show is also going back to it's old time-slot, (8:00 CST).

Why the hell it's so difficult to find this information is beyond me. You'd think they would put it on the official website, but **** no. You've gotta look all over the place to find any type of information.

Thanks for the info. So are they moving Alcatraz to 7:00 or putting something else there and moving Alcatraz to another night?

KC_Connection
03-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Just did some reading...

Why the hell it's so difficult to find this information is beyond me. You'd think they would put it on the official website, but **** no. You've gotta look all over the place to find any type of information.
This is the same network that cancelled Arrested Development and then aired its series finale on a Friday night opposite the opening ceremonies of the 2006 Winter Olympics, so I'm not surprised.

Micjones
03-07-2012, 09:56 AM

It is available online.

Micjones
03-07-2012, 09:57 AM
It would be nice if the writers didn't just forget about the character. But I think they probably will.

I think it would be contrived to bring him back, what, 3-4 seasons later?

Gonzo
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
It is available online.

I don't think it is... (at least not on the official website)

They make them available only after they air them.

Micjones
03-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Just did some reading...

Thank God.
I get off at 7 so I haven't been able to watch the show in real time since they changed it.

Micjones
03-07-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't think it is... (at least not on the official website)

They make them available only after they air them.

I'm positive it is Gonz. That's how I watched it.
I'll PM anybody who wants the website.

Gonzo
03-07-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm positive it is Gonz. That's how I watched it.
I'll PM anybody who wants the website.

Hit me...

I need my fix.

Micjones
03-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Hit me...

I need my fix.

Check your PM's.

KC_Connection
03-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I think it would be contrived to bring him back, what, 3-4 seasons later?
It's been longer than that.

Micjones
03-12-2012, 04:04 PM
House on a mini-break until April 2nd.
Final 8 episodes on tap...

Kyle DeLexus
03-12-2012, 09:16 PM
House on a mini-break until April 2nd.
Final 8 episodes on tap...

and I'm not liking it. I keep going to watch House on the dvr and it's not there. At least now I know when it'll restart.

lcarus
03-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Thank God.
I get off at 7 so I haven't been able to watch the show in real time since they changed it.

Heck I prefer to watch shows on DVR. I hate commercials so much.

Micjones
03-14-2012, 12:14 PM
and I'm not liking it. I keep going to watch House on the dvr and it's not there. At least now I know when it'll restart.

Me either, but I rarely watch House in real time anyway.
I usually watch it on Justin TV.

Micjones
03-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Heck I prefer to watch shows on DVR. I hate commercials so much.

As do I.

Micjones
04-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Any thoughts on House since they returned from break?

whoman69
04-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Any thoughts on House since they returned from break?

House is even more of an a-hole. Wilson has pretty much even given up trying because House doesn't respect his opinion at all anymore. Not sure why Chase even stays around. Taub is just going through the motions. Adams is just your latest pretty face and with Park just an amalgam of Masters. I think the show has run its course.

lcarus
04-20-2012, 04:46 PM
House is even more of an a-hole. Wilson has pretty much even given up trying because House doesn't respect his opinion at all anymore. Not sure why Chase even stays around. Taub is just going through the motions. Adams is just your latest pretty face and with Park just an amalgam of Masters. I think the show has run its course.

It has definitely run its course. I mean, House is a great character that I could keep watching, but the timing to end it now is right.

lcarus
04-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Another thing about this show. The formula is so tired. I literally have the remote control in my hand ready to fast forward when the patient starts convulsing/coughing up blood/foaming at the mouth/or suffocating. It never fails. And when House solves the case while talking about something random...do they have to do that with EVERY episode? Why not just do it every once in a while so it doesn't become so ridiculous? They're more or less running gags at this point, and have been for a while.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 08:47 AM

More of an asshole? Not sure I agree with that.
I think he's about the same as he ever was.

That's an interesting take on Adams though.
I don't think her sense of morality interferes with performing her job (in a way that pleases House) like it did with Masters.
Nor do I think that she's as brilliant as Masters was.

If ANYTHING...I think she's the new Cameron.

Gonzo
04-23-2012, 08:51 AM
It has been my favorite show for 2 years now but I haven't watched a new episode for a month. The direction it has taken has not interested me much at all.

I'll catch up soon, though. There's only what, 4 episodes left?

Micjones
04-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Another thing about this show. The formula is so tired. I literally have the remote control in my hand ready to fast forward when the patient starts convulsing/coughing up blood/foaming at the mouth/or suffocating. It never fails. And when House solves the case while talking about something random...do they have to do that with EVERY episode? Why not just do it every once in a while so it doesn't become so ridiculous? They're more or less running gags at this point, and have been for a while.

I think every show has a certain formula.
There's more than enough tension, twists and laughs throughout though that it doesn't bother me.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 08:59 AM
It has been my favorite show for 2 years now but I haven't watched a new episode for a month. The direction it has taken has not interested me much at all.

I'll catch up soon, though. There's only what, 4 episodes left?

5 episodes left.
I hate that I looked now because I saw the title of the last episode.

Strongly suggests that my idea for how the show ought to end...will come to pass. Now I'm tempted to read the show description. Damn you Gonz!

KC_Connection
04-23-2012, 11:55 AM
House has been on the decline for several seasons now and I haven't been watching regularly. I'll probably tune into watch the end of it, though.

Gonzo
04-23-2012, 12:07 PM
5 episodes left.
I hate that I looked now because I saw the title of the last episode.

Strongly suggests that my idea for how the show ought to end...will come to pass. Now I'm tempted to read the show description. Damn you Gonz!

Well.... Shit.

I guess I'm going to have to get caught up tonight. The beginning of the end is on it's way, I'm afraid.

I just read that Kutner, Masters and 13 will be in the finale. That bitch Cuddy won't reprise her role, though. I guess the producers tried like a mofo but she's being all menstrual about it.

House should have made her eat bumper last season.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 02:38 PM
House has been on the decline for several seasons now and I haven't been watching regularly. I'll probably tune into watch the end of it, though.

I disagree, but that might be because I was a latecomer to the series.
I've seen mostly every episode to this point, but I came in about 2 years ago.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Well.... Shit.

I guess I'm going to have to get caught up tonight. The beginning of the end is on it's way, I'm afraid.

I just read that Kutner, Masters and 13 will be in the finale. That bitch Cuddy won't reprise her role, though. I guess the producers tried like a mofo but she's being all menstrual about it.

House should have made her eat bumper last season.

GAH!

Come on Gonz... No more information!
I already know more than I need to.

I never expected Edelstein to return to the show. She seemed pretty resolute that she was finished with the series. Bringing her back might've been contrived anyway. I think not having her back forces the show to have a more creative (yet natural) ending.

I never understood the point of Masters. That always seemed like a Band-Aid for the show. A sloppy B-plan for dealing with Olivia Wylde's Hollywood hiatus. I think all of their efforts to have female doctors on the show, the past few seasons, have been manufactured. Masters. Adams. Park. The pretty dumb girl that Chase had the hots for. The show's kinda been reeling, in that regard, since Jennifer Morrison (and later Wylde) left the show.

Micjones
04-23-2012, 08:01 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!

Gonzo
04-23-2012, 09:04 PM
I missed the damn episode. Going to have to get caught up during the week I guess.

KC_Connection
04-23-2012, 10:00 PM
I disagree, but that might be because I was a latecomer to the series.
I've seen mostly every episode to this point, but I came in about 2 years ago.
Yeah, I started watching at the very beginning. Most of the best episodes in the series actually came in the first two or three seasons. To me, it's taken a significant decline since the end of season 5 (although the season 6 finale was one of the best in the show's history).

Micjones
04-24-2012, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I started watching at the very beginning. Most of the best episodes in the series actually came in the first two or three seasons. To me, it's taken a significant decline since the end of season 5 (although the season 6 finale was one of the best in the show's history).

Seasons 4, 6 and 7 are my favorites.

Micjones
04-24-2012, 08:48 AM
I missed the damn episode. Going to have to get caught up during the week I guess.

Did I ever send you the link for that site that archives the episodes?

MTG#10
04-24-2012, 09:33 AM
I know Im about 8 years behind, but a friend let me borrow his season 1 dvd's. Im only 5 episodes in, and I can already tell every effing episode is exactly the same. The only difference is the patients and the illness. Does this show ever change in 8 seasons?

Brock
04-24-2012, 09:36 AM
I know Im about 8 years behind, but a friend let me borrow his season 1 dvd's. Im only 5 episodes in, and I can already tell every effing episode is exactly the same. The only difference is the patients and the illness. Does this show ever change in 8 seasons?

Nope.

MTG#10
04-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Nope.

Heh great. I guess if I stop watching now I wont miss anything then. :thumb:

Micjones
04-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Heh great. I guess if I stop watching now I wont miss anything then. :thumb:

It has a formula, as every show does, but if you reduce it to that you'll be missing out on one hell of a dramatic series. There's so much more to it than that. There's always lots of meat and potatoes between the opening scene and the final diagnosis.

And there are plenty episodes that don't follow the formula at all.

Give it a chance.

Gonzo
04-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Did I ever send you the link for that site that archives the episodes?

You know, I don't think so. However, I can catch up on the House web site. I'm 3 behind right now and they post them a week after the original air date.

Micjones
04-24-2012, 09:45 AM
You know, I don't think so. However, I can catch up on the House web site. I'm 3 behind right now and they post them a week after the original air date.

Check your PM's, sir.

Gonzo
04-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Check your PM's, sir.

Got it...

Grassy ass, seen your.

Micjones
04-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Welcome.

whoman69
04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
More of an asshole? Not sure I agree with that.
I think he's about the same as he ever was.

That's an interesting take on Adams though.
I don't think her sense of morality interferes with performing her job (in a way that pleases House) like it did with Masters.
Nor do I think that she's as brilliant as Masters was.

If ANYTHING...I think she's the new Cameron.

I think Wilson is totally disgusted that he has enabled House all these years and what he finally did to Cutty. Wilson doesn't even want to talk to him anymore, because he knows he's going up against a brick wall. With nobody even trying to keep him in check, House doesn't even try anymore. He almost told his wife that he was sorry, but that was only after he was caught. He can only be a human being when it helps him in a selfish way. He used to play the games to get the most out of his team, but he doesn't even seem to care about the puzzle that the patients give to him. He has already proven his world view and lashes out when that view isn't reflected back to him. He is a shell of his former self.

Passepartout
04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
There are probably more people like House. And in the end, they sadly but truthfully will be lonely like House. For people can't stand be with someone as a jerk like House.

Micjones
04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
I think Wilson is totally disgusted that he has enabled House all these years and what he finally did to Cutty. Wilson doesn't even want to talk to him anymore, because he knows he's going up against a brick wall. With nobody even trying to keep him in check, House doesn't even try anymore. He almost told his wife that he was sorry, but that was only after he was caught. He can only be a human being when it helps him in a selfish way. He used to play the games to get the most out of his team, but he doesn't even seem to care about the puzzle that the patients give to him. He has already proven his world view and lashes out when that view isn't reflected back to him. He is a shell of his former self.

Wilson still readily offers House both his ear and advice (subsequently). I'm not sure their relationship is strained in any way. He welcomed him back into his life fairly quickly when he came back to the hospital. I honestly think House has been much more reckless in the past. He's been fairly subdued this season.

The ordeal with Dominika might disprove the latter half of your post. He lied to keep her around because he'd developed an emotional need for her. It may well have been entirely selfish, but that's not exactly standard operating procedure for House. He typically pushes women away.

Micjones
04-25-2012, 02:24 PM
There are probably more people like House. And in the end, they sadly but truthfully will be lonely like House. For people can't stand be with someone as a jerk like House.

Which is why I've always been so torn on how the series should end.

What's the more compelling storyline:
House embracing his humanity and finding happiness?

OR

House self-destructing and ultimately dying a lonely, bitter man?

I kinda wanna see the former, but I suspect the latter will preserve the show's legacy.

whoman69
04-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Wilson still readily offers House both his ear and advice (subsequently). I'm not sure their relationship is strained in any way. He welcomed him back into his life fairly quickly when he came back to the hospital. I honestly think House has been much more reckless in the past. He's been fairly subdued this season.

The ordeal with Dominika might disprove the latter half of your post. He lied to keep her around because he'd developed an emotional need for her. It may well have been entirely selfish, but that's not exactly standard operating procedure for House. He typically pushes women away.

He wanted to keep her around because he lost his favorite hooker and she fixed his blender. He only told her after the fact after he was already busted.

How many times has Wilson blown him off the last few weeks? He even walked out of his own office so he didn't have to talk to House. House used to help Wilson out, now he's just interested in his own needs.

Micjones
04-25-2012, 10:22 PM
He wanted to keep her around because he lost his favorite hooker and she fixed his blender.

I think there were legs to that storyline long before we even heard about his favorite call girl calling it quits (on him). Is he genuinely in love with Dominika? Probably not, but I do think he's developed an attachment to her. That's not very House-like.

How many times has Wilson blown him off the last few weeks? He even walked out of his own office so he didn't have to talk to House. House used to help Wilson out, now he's just interested in his own needs.

Wilson has ALWAYS blown House off. I can't count the number of times he's thrown House out of his office. That's the nature of their friendship. The promo for next week's episode says everything about they feel about each other.

whoman69
04-26-2012, 12:22 PM
I think there were legs to that storyline long before we even heard about his favorite call girl calling it quits (on him). Is he genuinely in love with Dominika? Probably not, but I do think he's developed an attachment to her. That's not very House-like.

Wilson has ALWAYS blown House off. I can't count the number of times he's thrown House out of his office. That's the nature of their friendship. The promo for next week's episode says everything about they feel about each other.

I don't think that level of commitment to his new gf is even on the superficial level of his relationship to Cuddy. Certainly nothing close to what he had with his ex-wife.

The difference is now Wilson doesn't care that he blows House off. I think its because he knows that House is blowing him off, just playing with him now. House enjoys being the bully. He was always an ass because he was lashing out from his pain. He has developed a cruel streak which makes him a totally unsimpathetic character. He doesn't care about his friends because he has none. He doesn't care about his job anymore, even the puzzle doesn't interest him. Nobody holds him back, so he's a total jerk.

Micjones
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't think that level of commitment to his new gf is even on the superficial level of his relationship to Cuddy. Certainly nothing close to what he had with his ex-wife.

I'm not even sure the "who" part of it matters.
What matters is that House is yearning for companionship in a romantic way.

The difference is now Wilson doesn't care that he blows House off. I think its because he knows that House is blowing him off, just playing with him now. House enjoys being the bully. He was always an ass because he was lashing out from his pain. He has developed a cruel streak which makes him a totally unsimpathetic character. He doesn't care about his friends because he has none. He doesn't care about his job anymore, even the puzzle doesn't interest him. Nobody holds him back, so he's a total jerk.

I just don't see it that way, but I suppose that's the beauty of the show.
That House is polarizing.

Bearcat
04-30-2012, 01:51 PM
He wanted to keep her around because he lost his favorite hooker and she fixed his blender. He only told her after the fact after he was already busted.

I don't exactly remember the order of events, but there were several things like that though (well, at least a few), such as her reading quantum physics in the bathtub. There were a few references to what House wants in an ideal woman, and Dominika fit them all.

I've probably posted it in this thread before, but every time I think the show has jumped the shark with relationship crap or whatever, they reel me in with a really powerful episode... and I'm hoping Dominika doesn't come back, because a happily-ever-after ending to a show like this would be an epic failure.

Micjones
05-01-2012, 06:57 AM
I don't exactly remember the order of events, but there were several things like that though (well, at least a few), such as her reading quantum physics in the bathtub. There were a few references to what House wants in an ideal woman, and Dominika fit them all.

I've probably posted it in this thread before, but every time I think the show has jumped the shark with relationship crap or whatever, they reel me in with a really powerful episode... and I'm hoping Dominika doesn't come back, because a happily-ever-after ending to a show like this would be an epic failure.

The TV watcher in me tends to agree.
The only fitting end for that part of me is the death of Gregory House.

The human being in me kinda wants to see them send House off with some semblance of happiness. No, doesn't have to be with a white picket fence and House carrying Cuddy over the threshold, but a brighter outlook on his life...at the very least...would be nice. That guy's a tortured soul. He needs it.

KC_Connection
05-01-2012, 12:20 PM
My guess is that we'll see some kind of self-sacrifice from House in the end, possibly for Wilson.

Micjones
05-02-2012, 08:02 AM
My guess is that we'll see some kind of self-sacrifice from House in the end, possibly for Wilson.

That'd actually be a great sendoff for the show.

He'd only do that though on two conditions:
1. That he sees his life's trajectory as inescapably miserable and painful.
2. That he feels comfortable someone can effectively fill in for him as Head Diagnostician at the hospital.

The first part of that is reasonable.
The second part? Save for Foreman, I'm not sure there's anyone on House's radar that could even pretend to fill his shoes. And Foreman's Dean of Medicine now.

Pestilence
05-02-2012, 10:23 AM
My guess is that Wilson will be dying......and House will help him with assisted suicide and go back to jail.

Gonzo
05-02-2012, 12:04 PM
My guess is that Wilson will be dying......and House will help him with assisted suicide and go back to jail.

Substitute Wilson for Thirteen and you'd be close.

She's back for the finale.

Pestilence
05-02-2012, 12:08 PM

It could work with her in it as well. I thought maybe that she would be coming back as kind of a shoulder to lean on for Wilson's assisted suicide.

Micjones
05-02-2012, 04:18 PM

GONZ! Come on man!!!
Can you at least use the spoiler tags when you talk about future eps?

Micjones
05-02-2012, 04:21 PM

That would still leave loose ends.
Kevorkian assisted with more than 100 suicides and he only did 8 years.

House wouldn't get much time for 1.

Pestilence
05-02-2012, 04:36 PM
That would still leave loose ends.
Kevorkian assisted with more than 100 suicides and he only did 8 years.

House wouldn't get much time for 1.

He wouldn't get more because he's on parole?

Micjones
05-02-2012, 04:48 PM
He wouldn't get more because he's on parole?

I'm sure he would, but he only had four months left on his original sentence.
I can't imagine him serving more than 5 years altogether.

Maybe that's as far into the future as the writers need the story to go to send it off. I wouldn't be satisfied with that. That's just me though.

KC_Connection
05-02-2012, 05:25 PM

I would be surprised if she was a major plot point even though she's coming back. Deep down, this show is really about the relationship between House and Wilson. They will finish by addressing that with the two characters.

Gonzo
05-03-2012, 10:04 PM
GONZ! Come on man!!!
Can you at least use the spoiler tags when you talk about future eps?

Oh brother, simmer down. It was just a guess. ;)

Micjones
05-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Oh brother, simmer down. It was just a guess. ;)

:harumph:

Micjones
05-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Last night's episode was great.

Ended with a cliffhanger, but I'm guessing House found out that Wilson's cancer is terminal. The episode ends with House's staring into a computer monitor, with a mortified look on his face. Chase leaves the hospital to pursue a diagnostic team of his own...elsewhere. Thirteen is back for next week's episode.

whoman69
05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Gotta say if the writing was this good the last two years, we wouldn't be talking about the show ending and needing to end.

Micjones
05-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Gotta say if the writing was this good the last two years, we wouldn't be talking about the show ending and needing to end.

The producers decided to wrap the series.
This wasn't a decision FOX made.

It's not about the writing (which I thought was rock solid in S07).

whoman69
05-09-2012, 12:58 PM
The producers decided to wrap the series.
This wasn't a decision FOX made.

It's not about the writing (which I thought was rock solid in S07).

The producers are saying that because the ratings are down. The longer it stays that way, the harder it is to sell the series in syndication or to sell DVDs. You don't want FOX to step in and make that decision because they drop all backing.

Micjones
05-10-2012, 12:48 AM
The producers are saying that because the ratings are down. The longer it stays that way, the harder it is to sell the series in syndication or to sell DVDs. You don't want FOX to step in and make that decision because they drop all backing.

The show's been syndicated for several years now.
All but one season is already available on DVD.

Ratings are definitely down though. No argument there.

whoman69
05-10-2012, 01:31 PM
The show's been syndicated for several years now.
All but one season is already available on DVD.

Ratings are definitely down though. No argument there.

If you have a series that has been cancelled, the network tends to cut those resources going forward. If the show went out still fairly high, then those things will continue.

Micjones
05-10-2012, 02:24 PM
If you have a series that has been cancelled, the network tends to cut those resources going forward. If the show went out still fairly high, then those things will continue.

That's fair, but why would FOX be dishonest about it?
They typically have no trouble announcing an outright cancellation.

whoman69
05-10-2012, 06:38 PM
That's fair, but why would FOX be dishonest about it?
They typically have no trouble announcing an outright cancellation.

Not saying they are. As you stated the producers pulled the plug. I don't think the cancellation would have been as soon were it a network decision. House would probably do better than any replacement show but House's ratings have been going down since it was the #1 show on TV. The next step for the network may have been a time slot shakeup. After that cancellation would follow, which would kill the value for the producers since the network wouldn't put forth the resources we discussed.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-10-2012, 08:24 PM
House will somehow sacrifice himself for Wilson, and Chase will take over a team with what's her name, and thirteen. Book it.

pr_capone
05-10-2012, 08:43 PM
House will somehow sacrifice himself for Wilson, and Chase will take over a team with what's her name, and thirteen. Book it.

That is my thought as well.

Micjones
05-11-2012, 06:23 AM

Who is what's her name?

whoman69
05-11-2012, 01:02 PM

spinoff?

Micjones
05-14-2012, 09:09 AM
spinoff?

Any spinoff without Laurie would suck.
It would require a strong central character...again.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Who is what's her name?

The girl in it now. Interesting episode tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out next week.

Micjones
05-15-2012, 06:29 AM
The girl in it now. Interesting episode tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out next week.

Thirteen?

Last night's episode was excellent.
I'm super curious as to how this "House goes back to jail" business will ramp up the drama next week. I almost can't wait.

Sucks that this show's going off the air.

lcarus
05-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Thirteen?

I'm super curious as to how this "House goes back to jail" business will ramp up the drama next week. I almost can't wait.

At least we get a 2 hour sendoff don't we? Pretty sure I read somewhere that it will be a 2 hour finale. That's cool if true.

lcarus
05-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Also, I think they're ending the show at a good time. 8 seasons seems about right.

Micjones
05-15-2012, 11:27 AM
At least we get a 2 hour sendoff don't we? Pretty sure I read somewhere that it will be a 2 hour finale. That's cool if true.

Yeah, it'll be 2 hours. 7-9pm Central, IIRC.

whoman69
05-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Thirteen?

I'm guessing that House decides to quit being a doctor, thus ending the series.

Pestilence
05-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Any chance the show ends with House going on the run to stay out of jail?

pr_capone
05-17-2012, 12:35 AM

Nope. I think Wilson jumps in front of the bullet one last time.

Micjones
05-17-2012, 06:45 AM
I'm guessing that House decides to quit being a doctor, thus ending the series.

No chance.
That's one of the few things that serves as fulfillment in his mostly miserable life.

Micjones
05-17-2012, 06:46 AM

That might be a compelling way to end it.

Pestilence
05-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Nope. I think Wilson jumps in front of the bullet one last time.

Wilson and House could both go on the run.....kind of like their "weekend away" two episodes ago.

Micjones
05-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Wilson and House could both go on the run.....kind of like their "weekend away" two episodes ago.

I guess it just depends on how many loose ends the writers wanna tie up.
Do you end the show on a complete cliffhanger that leaves a bunch of unanswered questions or do you want to give the show some real closure and a more concrete finish?

lcarus
05-17-2012, 01:24 PM
I guess it just depends on how many loose ends the writers wanna tie up.
Do you end the show on a complete cliffhanger that leaves a bunch of unanswered questions or do you want to give the show some real closure and a more concrete finish?

I'd rather have a concrete finish, but that's just me.

whoman69
05-17-2012, 01:32 PM
No chance.
That's one of the few things that serves as fulfillment in his mostly miserable life.

I wouldn't call it fulfillment. Its more something to peak his interest. Its only a puzzle or a game to him. He'd get more fulfillment from being a musician.

Micjones
05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't call it fulfillment. Its more something to peak his interest. Its only a puzzle or a game to him. He'd get more fulfillment from being a musician.

I disagree. I think he derives a sense of purpose from his job.

Micjones
05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
I'd rather have a concrete finish, but that's just me.

I do too. I'm so invested in these characters.

whoman69
05-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I disagree. I think he derives a sense of purpose from his job.

Only in the sickest sense of the word. He cares nothing for the patients, only the fact that their diseases spur his intellect. If they die, he's only angry because they beat his intellectual challenge. He chooses many of his patients just to prove his morose view of life to everyone. That's not a sense of purpose, its a bitter vindication of his world view. He could get as much sense of purpose from a video game.

Micjones
05-18-2012, 06:46 AM
Only in the sickest sense of the word. He cares nothing for the patients, only the fact that their diseases spur his intellect. If they die, he's only angry because they beat his intellectual challenge. He chooses many of his patients just to prove his morose view of life to everyone. That's not a sense of purpose, its a bitter vindication of his world view. He could get as much sense of purpose from a video game.

I tend to agree, but fulfillment is fulfillment.
Be it altruistic or misanthropic.

He definitely derives a sense of purpose from his work.
He came back to PPB twice after pivotal points in his life.
Once after an extended stay at Mayfield.
Once after an extended stay in prison.
That job makes him tick.

I do think in some small way he honors the humanity of his patients.

lcarus
05-18-2012, 07:37 AM

Yeah but he's addicted to the puzzle. He's also addicted to fucking with his team and co-workers. They already had episodes where House tried to do other things away from the hospital. It didn't work for him.

Micjones
05-21-2012, 08:56 AM
I seriously can't believe it'll all be over after tonight.
I feel like I'm on the verge of ending a long-term relationship.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Wow.

KevB
05-21-2012, 09:43 PM
I love how they finished it

pr_capone
05-21-2012, 09:51 PM
First I was super angry, then I was happy... now I am sad it is all over. Great fucking show.

Kyle DeLexus
05-21-2012, 11:23 PM
First I was super angry, then I was happy... now I am sad it is all over. Great fucking show.

Pretty much this.

I don't like that it ended. House is the first TV show I can remember that I've watched from start to finish as it aired. I've watched other's on dvd and netflix, but you don't become as emotionally attached as you do to a series you wait every week to watch.

KevB
05-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Pretty much this.

I don't like that it ended. House is the first TV show I can remember that I've watched from start to finish as it aired. I've watched other's on dvd and netflix, but you don't become as emotionally attached as you do to a series you wait every week to watch.

I actually quit after the season finale when House drove his car into Cutty's house. It just went too far off the reservation for me. And that's after House was my favorite show for several years. That said, I had to come back and watch the series finale. And despite my recent absence from the show, it ended in a perfect way IMO. House doing something selfless, specifically for his friend who's been there time and again for him. It made me really *feel* happy, and I'm good with that for an end to a show I've loved.

KC_Connection
05-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Great ending. I figured (and was also kind of hoping) a few weeks back it would be some kind of self-sacrifice on the part of House for Wilson, but I wasn't sure how they would do it. Having him give up his puzzles to spend those last five months with him was just perfect. House always did have a heart and selfless, empathetic side deep down, he just hid it from everyone around him.

While I think the show dipped in quality in the last few years and perhaps should have ended after 5-6 seasons, it still had a very good run. House was a fantastic character.

Micjones
05-22-2012, 06:22 AM
I love how they finished it

I do too, surprisingly. I thought I wanted House dead.
I thought I wanted a concrete finish, but I was wholly satisfied with that ending.

Micjones
05-22-2012, 06:24 AM
Can't believe it's all over though.
I fell in love with this show 2.5 years ago and have been attached to it ever since.

lcarus
05-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Loved the finale. Some people online are speculating that House really is dead and that Wilson was just hallucinating him at the end, but I disagree with that notion completely. What I don't get is how the fire started and how House and the patient ended up there. What were they doing? I don't know if I missed that part. My 1 year old niece was making a shitload of noise during the last 15 minutes or so.

Micjones
05-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Loved the finale. Some people online are speculating that House really is dead and that Wilson was just hallucinating him at the end, but I disagree with that notion completely. What I don't get is how the fire started and how House and the patient ended up there. What were they doing? I don't know if I missed that part. My 1 year old niece was making a shitload of noise during the last 15 minutes or so.

Quite a few people seem to think that House actually died in the warehouse fire, but only because they read too much into him telling Wilson he was dead. I think House was merely trying to point out the fact that being "dead" meant a clean slate for him. I don't in anyway think he meant that literally.

I was more curious about how the fire got started than I was why they were in a warehouse.

KevB
05-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Quite a few people seem to think that House actually died in the warehouse fire, but only because they read too much into him telling Wilson he was dead. I think House was merely trying to point out the fact that being "dead" meant a clean slate for him. I don't in anyway think he meant that literally.

I was more curious about how the fire got started than I was why they were in a warehouse.

I also think by moving on in "death", it allowed all of the people that revolved around Planet House to move on with their lives. I believe that last montage was an indicator of that.

Micjones
05-22-2012, 12:00 PM
If Foreman hadn't found House's medical badge, that scenario would be infinitely more plausible.
As it stands, Foreman would had to have been hallucinating too.
Doesn't make a lick of sense.

lcarus
05-22-2012, 01:17 PM
If Foreman hadn't found House's medical badge, that scenario would be infinitely more plausible.
As it stands, Foreman would had to have been hallucinating too.
Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Couldn't House have planted that badge previous to the fire though?

whoman69
05-22-2012, 02:35 PM
This House is really dead theory is way over the top. House knows he needs to change, and that he needs to be with his friend when he dies. The only way to do that was to totally give up his life. They did skip over quite a bit. They should have cut back the reminiscence show and extended the episode longer to explain some of those lost details. If he was trying to commit suicide, how did he have the forethought to exchange the records and plant the id card ahead of time? If he went to the hospital after, he would have been recognized.

The plan seems convoluted even for House.

Micjones
05-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Couldn't House have planted that badge previous to the fire though?

In the 2 days he'd mysteriously been AWOL from the hospital?
I suppose he could've, but what purpose would that serve?

"Hey Foreman, I quit."
Overstates the obvious if you commit suicide.

lcarus
05-22-2012, 05:38 PM
In the 2 days he'd mysteriously been AWOL from the hospital?
I suppose he could've, but what purpose would that serve?

"Hey Foreman, I quit."
Overstates the obvious if you commit suicide.

I agree, I was just playing devil's advocate. I was REALLY disappointed that the episode was just the standard 1 hour. Especially considering they touted it as a 2 hour finale. I don't mind the 1 hour retrospect, but it should have been after the show, and the episode should have been 2 hours. If it was impossible for the network to devote 3 hours to the show, then just have the retrospect some other time, or make it a DVD bonus feature. I mean, they've done 2 hour season premieres and season finales before, right? So I feel kinda cheated that the entire show's finale wasn't 2 hours. Seems like they could have used the extra hour too. To flesh out that story a little more.

Pestilence
05-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah.....I thought the whole 1 hour retrospect could have been cut down to 30 minutes and happened after the final episode.

Micjones
05-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Shore put the kibash on the "House really being dead" rumors.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/22/house-series-finale-burning-questions-cuddy/

lcarus
05-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Shore put the kibash on the "House really being dead" rumors.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/22/house-series-finale-burning-questions-cuddy/

Thank god. Now people can stop with that silliness.

Micjones
05-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Thank god. Now people can stop with that silliness.

Yep.

Pestilence
05-23-2012, 06:37 PM

Here you go.

How did the fire in the abandoned building start?

Itís actually alluded to. There was more about it in the original cut of the episode. There is a reference to the fact that the guy fell asleep while smoking. Thatís how he got the burns on his chest. He presumably passed out while on heroin and dropped the cigarette and the fire started.

Pestilence
05-23-2012, 06:38 PM

Oh....and I was pretty much right.

Bearcat
05-23-2012, 10:23 PM
I do too, surprisingly. I thought I wanted House dead.
I thought I wanted a concrete finish, but I was wholly satisfied with that ending.

Yeah, when they started the funeral scene, I thought damn, it's not a dream or something crazy, they really did kill him... always have to be ready for the twist, but they had me sold, and I was okay with him dying. But, the ending was classic House, and I'm glad they finished it like that. Sad that it's over... I don't watch a lot of TV, and it's one of the few shows that's held my interest throughout the series.

Micjones
05-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Yeah, when they started the funeral scene, I thought damn, it's not a dream or something crazy, they really did kill him... always have to be ready for the twist, but they had me sold, and I was okay with him dying. But, the ending was classic House, and I'm glad they finished it like that. Sad that it's over... I don't watch a lot of TV, and it's one of the few shows that's held my interest throughout the series.

Classic House.

I knew when the phone rang that he'd pulled a Houdini.

lcarus
05-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Classic House.

I knew when the phone rang that he'd pulled a Houdini.

Yeah, that's when I knew. Up until that point, I was 100% convinced that he was dead. It would have been a classic twist of fate and a huge tragedy. House finally wants to change and then dies. I would have been ok with it to be honest, but I liked the real ending too.

Any chance we ever get to see the "uncut" version of the finale? Maybe on the DVD?

lcarus
05-24-2012, 08:35 AM
...and where's Gonzo? I figured with the finale having happened, he'd have a lot to say in this thread!

Gonzo
05-24-2012, 08:46 AM
...and where's Gonzo? I figured with the finale having happened, he'd have a lot to say in this thread!

I've missed the last 5 episodes. However, I just bought season 8 on Amazon Instant Video, (BEST THING EVAR).
I watched one last night and I should be caught up by tomorrow evening.

Sorry guys, Monday's have been bad.

Micjones
05-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Yeah, that's when I knew. Up until that point, I was 100% convinced that he was dead. It would have been a classic twist of fate and a huge tragedy. House finally wants to change and then dies. I would have been ok with it to be honest, but I liked the real ending too.

Any chance we ever get to see the "uncut" version of the finale? Maybe on the DVD?

Any chance we'll ever see a movie?

I'm definitely going to buy all eight seasons on DVD, once they're available.

Gonzo
05-24-2012, 11:49 AM

I'm definitely going to buy all eight seasons on DVD, once they're available.

If you have the chance, check out that Amazon Prime Instant Video. Well worth the price, (70 bucks for a year long membership).
I bought season 8 for 24 bucks.

They have it available to PS3 users and newer DVD players come with the program installed. It's like netflix only better. Tons more choices and a lot of free content. (At least as much as Netflix).

lcarus
05-24-2012, 01:36 PM
If you have the chance, check out that Amazon Prime Instant Video. Well worth the price, (70 bucks for a year long membership).
I bought season 8 for 24 bucks.

They have it available to PS3 users and newer DVD players come with the program installed. It's like netflix only better. Tons more choices and a lot of free content. (At least as much as Netflix).

You should have just downloaded the episodes you needed off piratebay or demonoid.

Pestilence
05-24-2012, 01:48 PM

That would be horrible.

whoman69
05-24-2012, 04:59 PM
That would be horrible.

He just faked his own death so that he can't go to jail. He can't be a doctor again unless you believe he would turn himself in. Not likely. What would be the point of a movie?

Kyle DeLexus
05-24-2012, 05:08 PM
He just faked his own death so that he can't go to jail. He can't be a doctor again unless you believe he would turn himself in. Not likely. What would be the point of a movie?

I could think of a movie plot based on the last few months left of Wilson's life.

I don't like the idea, but it could easily be done.

whoman69
05-24-2012, 07:31 PM
I could think of a movie plot based on the last few months left of Wilson's life.

I don't like the idea, but it could easily be done.

Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman already did that movie. Pretty good, but it doesn't need a sequel.

Reaper16
05-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Thank God this show is over. What a horrendous finale and final season.

Seasons 1 & 2 = God Tier for a network drama
Seasons 3-5 = one of the best network dramas of the '00s.
Seasons 6-8 = self-parodic, bloated garbage.

KC_Connection
05-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Thank God this show is over. What a horrendous finale and final season.

The finale was solid, IMO. It was a good way to end House's story with a bit of selflessness on his part for Wilson. The rest of the season not so much (at least the ones I saw, I stopped watching regularly a few years back).

Seasons 1 & 2 = God Tier for a network drama
Seasons 3-5 = one of the best network dramas of the '00s.
Seasons 6-8 = self-parodic, bloated garbage.
That's pretty much how I view it. House was great in the beginning...would have been fine if it ended after five seasons. Some shows just have a tendency to hang on past their expiration date, though, and this was one of them.

Micjones
05-25-2012, 07:03 AM
That would be horrible.

I admit that it would be an odd television show to adapt into film, but properly done, it could be compelling.

Micjones
05-25-2012, 07:04 AM

That fact opens up a wide range of possibilities for such a project.

People will want to know what becomes of Gregory House.

Gonzo
05-25-2012, 08:53 AM
I have 2 to go until I'm caught up. I watched the one last night when the two go on a road trip.
You can tell where it's going.

Anywho, I've enjoyed every season. The show goes hot and cold. You have a few great ep's then complete dipshittery. What can you do?

At least they never did a fucking musical.

My opinion of each season is:

Season 1 - 7.5 out of 10
Season 2 - 7.5 out of 10
Season 3 - 8.5 out of 10
Season 4 - (Abbreviated) 8 out of 10
Season 5 - 10 out of 10
Season 6 - 7.5 out of 10
Season 7 - 6.75 out of 10
Season 8 - (so Far) 6 out of 10

They should have approached the finale differently last year and they should have paid Edelstein whatever she wanted to do 3 episodes this year.
JMHO

Micjones
05-25-2012, 09:13 AM
I have 2 to go until I'm caught up. I watched the one last night when the two go on a road trip.
You can tell where it's going.

Anywho, I've enjoyed every season. The show goes hot and cold. You have a few great ep's then complete dipshittery. What can you do?

At least they never did a ****ing musical.

My opinion of each season is:

Season 1 - 7.5 out of 10
Season 2 - 7.5 out of 10
Season 3 - 8.5 out of 10
Season 4 - (Abbreviated) 8 out of 10
Season 5 - 10 out of 10
Season 6 - 7.5 out of 10
Season 7 - 6.75 out of 10
Season 8 - (so Far) 6 out of 10

They should have approached the finale differently last year and they should have paid Edelstein whatever she wanted to do 3 episodes this year.
JMHO

I loved Season 7.
You know the "Bombshells" episode had a musical number in it, right?

Bearcat
05-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah... :(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tUYm3xXnMeQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo
05-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I loved Season 7.
You know the "Bombshells" episode had a musical number in it, right?

Fuck... You're right.

It was gay.

Phobia
05-25-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm pretty sure the finale is going to depict an angry doctor treating everybody like shit and then he's going to probably solve an impossible medical case on somebody who would have normally died all the while dealing with personal conflict with his spineless best friend. Worst show ever. I watched for the first two seasons, glanced up over my computer while my wife watched the next two and then finally she gave up a couple years ago.

Gonzo
05-25-2012, 10:04 PM
The last two episodes were awesome. I was really impressed with how they ended it. To have him go through his hallucinations again with Amber and Kutner was great.

Perfect way to end things, IMHO.

Phobia
05-25-2012, 10:08 PM
You must be high on ambien.

Gonzo
05-25-2012, 10:10 PM
You must be high on ambien.

This is true. Ima gonna get some sleep.

Micjones
05-26-2012, 12:00 AM
The last two episodes were awesome. I was really impressed with how they ended it. To have him go through his hallucinations again with Amber and Kutner was great.

Perfect way to end things, IMHO.

I agree.

WoodDraw
05-27-2012, 04:27 PM
A bit of an homage to Sherlock Holmes too, which I guess is fitting.

Buehler445
03-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Finally caught the end of series.

Sucks that it is going to be the end.