PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Battlestar Galactica

notorious
10-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I just finished the entire series and I have to say, Wow. It was fantastic.

Has anyone else enjoyed this diamond?

I also need suggestions on the next series we need to watch.

Third Eye
10-03-2011, 08:14 PM
There was a VERY large thread for BSG back in the day. In all fairness, the thread title was ambiguous, so it probably wouldn't have pulled up on a search. Suffice it to say, there was a rather large following here.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2011, 08:16 PM
BSG was awesome. Would love to see them revive it with some prequel cylon war storylines, but that is not going to happen.

ChiefsLV
10-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Awesome series. I started watching it over recently. For anyone who hasn't seen it, give the two part miniseries a try. It's on netflix streaming. Guaranteed you'll get hooked. The board game also rules. It's a coop game but during the course of it you're trying to figure out who the cylon players are. Makes for some interesting gameplay. We mistakenly executed humans a few times. When the humans do win, they barely scrape victory from the hands of defeat, just like the show. Fun stuff.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2011, 08:23 PM
I just finished the entire series and I have to say, Wow. It was fantastic.

Has anyone else enjoyed this diamond?

I also need suggestions on the next series we need to watch.

Yes, Lorne Greene, Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict were all superb in that.

Crush
10-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I loved the series, but absolutely hated the ending. Also, there were many unanswered questions:

Was there human sacrifice on Kobol?
Who were the Lords of Kobol?
Why did the 13th Tribe leave for Earth?
What kind of disaster forced the other 12 Tribes to leave Kobol?
Who was the Cylon god and its relationship with the remaining Lords of Kobol?
If the 13th Tribe did not have FTL then how were they able to travel to Earth in a such short amount of time?

notorious
10-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Yes, Lorne Greene, Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict were all superb in that.

I must say that Dirk is a much better Starbuck then what's her face.

notorious
10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Awesome series. I started watching it over recently. For anyone who hasn't seen it, give the two part miniseries a try. .

Which one?

The Plan or Razor?

Razor kicked MAJOR ass, but The Plan was rather "meh".

notorious
10-03-2011, 09:39 PM
There was a VERY large thread for BSG back in the day. In all fairness, the thread title was ambiguous, so it probably wouldn't have pulled up on a search. Suffice it to say, there was a rather large following here.

I did a search, but nothing really jumped out at me so I decided to go the lazy route. ;)

Buck
10-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I think it's titled "for the sci-fi geeks" or something like that.

patteeu
10-03-2011, 10:57 PM
The three stargate series and the related movies are good if you haven't seen them. (SG1 - 10 seasons, Atlantis - 5 seasons, and Universe - 2 seasons).

I assume you've seen people around here mention the one season series Firefly and the major motion picture that caps it off (Serenity).

Here's a top 50 list of SciFi TV series (http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/gallery/topscifishows/) over the years.

Sure-Oz
10-03-2011, 11:32 PM
I just started a few eps on Netflix, like it so far

keg in kc
10-04-2011, 12:31 AM
It was never quite the thread it should have been: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119615

SNR
10-04-2011, 01:12 AM
The three stargate series and the related movies are good if you haven't seen them. (SG1 - 10 seasons, Atlantis - 5 seasons, and Universe - 2 seasons).

I assume you've seen people around here mention the one season series Firefly and the major motion picture that caps it off (Serenity).

Here's a top 50 list of SciFi TV series (http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/gallery/topscifishows/) over the years.Deep Space Nine doesn't even register on that list? Farscape gets no mention either? Red Dwarf? Good Lord, how can you not have Red Dwarf on there? And what the hell is Xena doing on there?

What a terrible garbage list.

keg in kc
10-04-2011, 01:25 AM
I didn't see Blake's 7 on there either. Strange list.

Jawshco
10-04-2011, 01:42 AM
I've heard good things about Eureka, Warehouse13, and Fringe, but I've never watched them.

I did watch all of Caprica. Although the show could be very boring at times, the last few episodes were awesome. If Caprica would have started the way it ended- I doubt it would have been cancelled.

It sounds like the newest BSG show- Blood and Chrome, won't likely be played on Syfy (why does this station hate it's fans?), but rather will be played on-line only. I'm looking forward to it either way. http://www.moviehole.net/201144745-syfy-mightnt-put-battlestar-galactica-blood-chrome-on-the-air

keg in kc
10-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Warehouse 13 is awesome and I think Fringe is in the running for best show on TV right now (and will be after Breaking Bad's finale next week). Eureka's pretty good, too, but it ends next year. Because syfy hates it fans.

Jawshco
10-04-2011, 01:47 AM
I love BSG, but any "best of" SciFi TV show list that doesn't have the Twilight Zone right at the top (or very near so) is just wrong. I'd accept Star Trek or Doctor Who in the top spots as well, BSG- isn't really worthy of the top 3.

Fish
10-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Warehouse 13 is one of my favorites. It's underrated for sure. I thought Eureka sucked. First 3-4 episodes were OK, then it went to shit.

Fringe is indeed the best scifi show on right now.

Caprica isn't too bad if you liked BSG. It's not quite as good, but it's entertaining. Darker show than BSG.

Stargate Universe was pretty kick ass for its brief lifespan.

Farscape is in my top 5 scifi shows as well. Another that was killed off way before its time.

Firefly is also one of my favorites.

keg in kc
10-04-2011, 11:49 AM
I love BSG, but any "best of" SciFi TV show list that doesn't have the Twilight Zone right at the top (or very near so) is just wrong. I'd accept Star Trek or Doctor Who in the top spots as well, BSG- isn't really worthy of the top 3.That's a matter of personal taste. I'd certainly put BSG at the top, and would put Farscape, which isn't even on their list, at #2. Then probably Deep Space Nine, which also isn't even on their list.

Speaking of Warehouse 13, the finale last night...holy shit.

Let's put it this way: it was basically everything I wanted the Doctor Who finale to be. Just...ballsy and epic and tragic and really, really good. Holy shit.

Frosty
10-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Eureka's pretty good, too, but it ends next year. Because syfy hates it fans.

I've been a fan of Eureka since the beginning but I think it is starting to get played out. It hasn't been very interesting lately.

I missed BSG the first time around but have been watching it on BBC America.

keg in kc
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I've been a fan of Eureka since the beginning but I think it is starting to get played out. I wouldn't disagree with that.

Cancelling it days after telling their fans it was renewed for two more seasons was a very syfy move, though. It's like Farscape all over again.

mnchiefsguy
10-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Deep Space Nine doesn't even register on that list? Farscape gets no mention either? Red Dwarf? Good Lord, how can you not have Red Dwarf on there? And what the hell is Xena doing on there?

What a terrible garbage list.

It did seem like a strange list. 60's Batman? Xena? Wild Wild West? I would not really consider any of those science fiction, per se.

whoman69
10-04-2011, 08:57 PM
I could never get into the newest BSG. I thought they spent the entire episode worrying about the morality of what they were doing instead of actually doing anything. I also never bought the religious aspect of what are essentially androids.

notorious
10-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I could never get into the newest BSG. I thought they spent the entire episode worrying about the morality of what they were doing instead of actually doing anything. I also never bought the religious aspect of what are essentially androids.

I was the same back in 04'. I hated Starbuck and got sick of the non-stop sex BS.

I purchased the entire series about 6 weeks ago, and I must say it was much better to have the ability to watch without interuption between episodes. It really get interesting at the end of the second season and explodes at the end of 3 and Razor.

Give it another try.

Frazod
10-05-2011, 01:55 PM
BTW, Deep Space 9 is now available for download on Netflix. I plan on watching the complete series again.

notorious
10-05-2011, 03:36 PM
BTW, Deep Space 9 is now available for download on Netflix. I plan on watching the complete series again.

Bingo, I have not watched DS9 in years.

Time to get the series along with Babylon 5.

Frazod
10-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Bingo, I have not watched DS9 in years.

Time to get the series along with Babylon 5.

I watched most of the first episode last night. I'd forgotten about Sisko's seething hatred for Picard (post Wolf 359) in the first episode. Damn, he was pissed.

keg in kc
10-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Babylon 5 (for me) gets less and less watchable the more time passes. It has not aged gracefully.

Bowser
10-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Babylon 5 (for me) gets less and less watchable the more time passes. It has not aged gracefully.

Just from an effects standpoint, or overall? That CGI is pretty dated......

Frazod
10-05-2011, 09:48 PM
It's funny, but now that they've replaced the special effects in the original Star Trek, Next Generation looks really dated. Especially on a HDTV.

SNR
10-05-2011, 09:57 PM
BTW, Deep Space 9 is now available for download on Netflix. I plan on watching the complete series again.Everybody told me that DS9 would be slow to start, but I thought it was instantly fantastic. Obviously it got even better when Worf joined the cast, but the first 3 seasons did some pretty awesome shit.

Of course, I did have to deal with that Move Along Home episode in Season One, quite possibly the worst Star Trek episode ever.

Frazod
10-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Everybody told me that DS9 would be slow to start, but I thought it was instantly fantastic. Obviously it got even better when Worf joined the cast, but the first 3 seasons did some pretty awesome shit.

Of course, I did have to deal with that Move Along Home episode in Season One, quite possibly the worst Star Trek episode ever.

It's been so long since I've seen any of them that I barely remember. I've seen all the NG episodes multiple times, but DS9 never made it in syndication.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Never really watched DS9 or Babylon 5 all that much. Might have to start checking them out.

Frosty
10-06-2011, 05:54 PM
DS9 never made it in syndication.

I wonder why that is? All of the other Star Trek series made it into syndication.

Discuss Thrower
10-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I wonder why that is? All of the other Star Trek series made it into syndication.

Because it's original run was syndicated..? And since the ratings declined ofer time I figure the paramount brass just said fuck it and focused on floating Voyager.

whoman69
10-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Everybody told me that DS9 would be slow to start, but I thought it was instantly fantastic. Obviously it got even better when Worf joined the cast, but the first 3 seasons did some pretty awesome shit.

Not the worst. It was kind of a take off on the rpg craze of that time. Its better than the TNG episode with the hypnotic game that only Wesley was immune to. I have to also point to the episode in Voyage in which Paris and Janeway are changed into lizards by going faster than warp 10, and another episode in TNG where the crew also changed into strange creatures. I think the worst DS9 episode was the one where they shrunk the Defiant. Spock's Brain and Miri were the worst of the original. Enterprise had too many bad episodes to count. The series I liked least was Voyager with the temporal reset button every other week.

whoman69
10-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I was the same back in 04'. I hated Starbuck and got sick of the non-stop sex BS.

I purchased the entire series about 6 weeks ago, and I must say it was much better to have the ability to watch without interuption between episodes. It really get interesting at the end of the second season and explodes at the end of 3 and Razor.

Give it another try.

I may try it, but I was not pleased with season one.

notorious
10-06-2011, 07:58 PM

If you think the first 3 seasons were good, you are going to orgasm when you watch the final season.

keg in kc
10-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Just from an effects standpoint, or overall? That CGI is pretty dated......Yeah, the effects.

Practical effects seem to age so much better than CGI, especially early CGI.

Although on the other hand, it can be hard not to cringe when watching Space 1999 or 70s Doctor Who or Blake's 7.

Jawshco
10-06-2011, 08:40 PM
DS9 rocks, but I really hated the ending and was pissed when Terry Farrel quit the show. The writers just didn't seem to know what to do without her. I felt like that story line was tragically botched. However, Quark and Bashir just kept getting better. I loved the twist regarding Bashir's talent. Those two are definitely near the top on my favorite Trek characters.

Buck
10-07-2011, 06:37 AM
What is Warehouse 13 about?

Fish
10-07-2011, 07:45 AM
What is Warehouse 13 about?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BZwYxDMNlyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Basically it's about a secret government department that collects and protects "artifacts", that each have some sort of special magical powers. Generally bad guys get their hands on an artifact and use it to steal or kill, or maybe destroy the world. It's got a good balance of cool toys, humor, hotties, and scifi based action. Good casting.

Deberg_1990
10-07-2011, 02:46 PM
It's funny, but now that they've replaced the special effects in the original Star Trek, Next Generation looks really dated. Especially on a HDTV.

I love the updated effects they did for ToS. They didnt overdo it, they still maintain the look without feeling out of place.

Red Brooklyn
02-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I have now watched the first 5 episodes of BSG. The writing is awkward in places. The acting leaves a lot to be desired. But the direction and storytelling is outstanding.

I might be getting hooked.

listopencil
02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Started watching it on Netflix, still on season one. I find it enjoyable and the Cylon religious beliefs concept intrigues me.

SNR
02-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Not the worst. It was kind of a take off on the rpg craze of that time. Its better than the TNG episode with the hypnotic game that only Wesley was immune to. I have to also point to the episode in Voyage in which Paris and Janeway are changed into lizards by going faster than warp 10, and another episode in TNG where the crew also changed into strange creatures. I think the worst DS9 episode was the one where they shrunk the Defiant. Spock's Brain and Miri were the worst of the original. Enterprise had too many bad episodes to count. The series I liked least was Voyager with the temporal reset button every other week.They're not lizards. They're salamanders. And you're forgetting the part where they have salamander babies.

Heh. THAT was a bad episode as well. I completely forgot about bad Voyager episodes. Those are some of the finest sci-fi abortions I've ever witnessed.

Don't get me wrong, there were some really good ones. But... yeah. The first two seasons as well as all the goddamn time travel? It just becomes silly after awhile.

Buck
02-04-2012, 11:32 PM
I have now watched the first 5 episodes of BSG. The writing is awkward in places. The acting leaves a lot to be desired. But the direction and storytelling is outstanding.

The show hits a weak-point at midway through season 1, but the last third of the season is excellent and it will leave you wanting more. Power through those episodes.

The mini-series (I hope you watched that first), 33 Minutes, and Bastille Day were all pretty great IMO and they got me hooked on the series immediately.

I think I'm due for a re-watch.

Frazod
02-05-2012, 02:00 AM
I love the updated effects they did for ToS. They didnt overdo it, they still maintain the look without feeling out of place.

Doomsday Machine in particular is fantastic now. It was one of the best episodes anyway (and my personal favorite), but the special effects were especially horrible, even by 60's Star Trek standards. But with the updated SFX it totally rocks - the worst thing about it now is Shatner's shameless scenery chewing.

notorious
02-05-2012, 10:34 AM

Started watching it on Netflix, still on season one. I find it enjoyable and the Cylon religious beliefs concept intrigues me.

Stick with it, gentlemen. By the end of season 3 you will be mindfucked.

The acting gets a lot better, and there are some scenes that are absolutely the best of the best from TV.

Don't get me started on "Razor".......

Red Brooklyn
02-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Oh, I watched a few more last night. It's not a perfect show, but I'm all in. I'm going to watch this whole damn thing. Absolutely. I'm loving it so far.

And, yes, Buck I started with the mini-series.

Red Brooklyn
02-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Like I need one more thing to be nerdy about. Fuck.

Buck
02-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Oh, I watched a few more last night. It's not a perfect show, but I'm all in. I'm going to watch this whole damn thing. Absolutely. I'm loving it so far.

And, yes, Buck I started with the mini-series.

Good.

I never got into any of the Star Trek series, but of everything I've seen, this is by far the best Outer Space series I've ever seen.

Of course the finale was about as polarizing as lost, in that you either loved it or hated it. I was in the loved it boat, even more so than lost.

Bowser
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/demotivational-posters-starbucks-in-starbucks1.jpg

notorious
02-05-2012, 01:58 PM
The Real Starbuck:

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1536700594610&id=3ea21d135f7e5638a5eee984dc4c479c

No childhood problems, just a pussy-magnet, cigar smoking, card dominating playa.

Frazod
02-05-2012, 05:23 PM
http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/demotivational-posters-starbucks-in-starbucks1.jpg

LMAO I love that picture.

listopencil
02-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I am really digging the Starbuck character. I just watched the episode where Tigh's wife shows up in the middle of a Cylon witch hunt. It was a weaker episode but still enjoyable, I guess it was just more lighthearted than I really wanted. ...there was this one part of a scene where Tigh mentions that the President thought Adama was a Cylon, Adama goes, "I know" and they both give her the stink eye at the same time...I laughed.

listopencil
02-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Just started the third season. Yeah...love Starbuck.

CHENZ A!
02-10-2012, 09:18 AM
I've had this queued on Netflix for awhile. Someone mentioned a miniseries? Is that on Netflix too?

Frazod
02-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I've had this queued on Netflix for awhile. Someone mentioned a miniseries? Is that on Netflix too?

The miniseries is the first two episodes of Season 1 for your viewing purposes.

The one part of BG that hasn't made it to Netflix is Razor - which was a 2 hour movie produced between seasons 3 and 4 (IIRC). Hopefully they'll add it at some point - it really kicked ass. Featured an extended scene of the fleet getting wiped out by the Cylons, plus a battle with vintage Cylons where a young Adama calls a Cylon a cocksucker!

CHENZ A!
02-10-2012, 09:41 AM

The one part of BG that hasn't made it to Netflix is Razor - which was a 2 hour movie produced between seasons 3 and 4 (IIRC). Hopefully they'll add it at some point - it really kicked ass. Featured an extended scene of the fleet getting wiped out by the Cylons, plus a battle with vintage Cylons where a young Adama calls a Cylon a one who sucks the penis!

Oh, ok. Thanks man.

patteeu
02-10-2012, 09:52 AM

The one part of BG that hasn't made it to Netflix is Razor - which was a 2 hour movie produced between seasons 3 and 4 (IIRC). Hopefully they'll add it at some point - it really kicked ass. Featured an extended scene of the fleet getting wiped out by the Cylons, plus a battle with vintage Cylons where a young Adama calls a Cylon a one who sucks the penis!

Netflix has "Battlestar Gallactica: Razor". It's been there since I watched it a couple of years ago and I just checked to make sure it's still there.

Frazod
02-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Netflix has "Battlestar Gallactica: Razor". It's been there since I watched it a couple of years ago and I just checked to make sure it's still there.

I should have clarified - they have it available on disc - not for instant download.

patteeu
02-10-2012, 09:57 AM
I should have clarified - they have it available on disc - not for instant download.

OK. Yeah, I got it on DVD.

Frazod
02-10-2012, 09:58 AM
OK. Yeah, I got it on DVD.

Same here.

Baby Lee
02-10-2012, 10:03 AM
This show, and perhaps SoA, is my Deadwood/Wire, the one everyone else praises and I've seen hardly any of. I think I made it through all of episode 1 and it looked decent enough but I've stayed to busy to try to marathon it yet. Even have the Season 1 DVDs.

listopencil
02-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Into season three right now and it's just crazy good so far. The writing is so spot on, and the characters are so well developed, that's it's just mesmerizing.

notorious
02-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Into season three right now and it's just crazy good so far. The writing is so spot on, and the characters are so well developed, that's it's just mesmerizing.

Just wait.

Frazod
02-10-2012, 08:48 PM
My favorite season was 2, especially the episodes when they first encounter the Pegasus and the resurrection ship. Michelle Forbes is the queen of sci-fi awesomeness.

mnchiefsguy
02-10-2012, 09:16 PM
My favorite season was 2, especially the episodes when they first encounter the Pegasus and the resurrection ship. Michelle Forbes is the queen of sci-fi awesomeness.

She was awesome as Admiral Cain. It would be cool if they made another movie just featuring the Pegasus, having them duking it out with the Cylons. Razor provided a great glimpse into the Pegasus mindset, it would be nice to see that in full action combat.

Baby Lee
02-10-2012, 09:18 PM
My favorite season was 2, especially the episodes when they first encounter the Pegasus and the resurrection ship. Dane's neighbor is the queen of sci-fi awesomeness.

FYP

Deberg_1990
02-10-2012, 09:24 PM
She was awesome as Admiral Cain. It would be cool if they made another movie just featuring the Pegasus, having them duking it out with the Cylons. Razor provided a great glimpse into the Pegasus mindset, it would be nice to see that in full action combat.

So they remade an old episode from the original series? Admiral Cain was originally Lloyd Bridges. Pretty cool.

mnchiefsguy
02-11-2012, 10:29 AM
So they remade an old episode from the original series? Admiral Cain was originally Lloyd Bridges. Pretty cool.

Not really a remake of an old episode. The only thing that was the same is the Galactica finding the Pegasus, and Cain being in command of that ship. That is where the similarities end.

The new BSG used characters from the old series, but did not really use any of the old storylines. That is part of what made is so cool.

But the Pegasus episodes are among the best of the series, which is saying something, since the whole series is excellent.

Deberg_1990
02-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Not really a remake of an old episode. The only thing that was the same is the Galactica finding the Pegasus, and Cain being in command of that ship. That is where the similarities end.

The new BSG used characters from the old series, but did not really use any of the old storylines. That is part of what made is so cool.

But the Pegasus episodes are among the best of the series, which is saying something, since the whole series is excellent.

That's cool how they borrowed the basic concepts and stories from the original show, but expanded on them. I still like the original for what it was, but realize it was ultimatately an unrealized full concept. But that was a different era....

mnchiefsguy
02-11-2012, 05:06 PM
That's cool how they borrowed the basic concepts and stories from the original show, but expanded on them. I still like the original for what it was, but realize it was ultimatately an unrealized full concept. But that was a different era....

I love the original series as a kid, and I still like it as an adult, despite the cheese factor. I have the original series on DVD, but a blu-ray remaster would look really, really cool.

When the new BSG came out, there was a pretty severe backlash from fans of the original series. I was on the fence until I saw the mini-series. Ron Moore did a fantastic job re-envisioning the concept of BSG, and made one of the greatest series of all time.

listopencil
02-11-2012, 11:16 PM
OK, I just finished the last episode of season three (Holy shit. I mean, seriously. Holy shit.) and I'm looking at the Q on Netflix. Netflix stops at four seasons. It has "Razor" as episodes 1-2 of season four, at one hour and twenty seven minutes. BUT..."episode 3" looks really, really interesting and I'm just dying to see it. I don't want to give away any spoilers but those of you that have seen the entire thing: Skip "Razor" and watch it after season four?

Frazod
02-11-2012, 11:20 PM
OK, I just finished the last episode of season three (Holy shit. I mean, seriously. Holy shit.) and I'm looking at the Q on Netflix. Netflix stops at four seasons. It has "Razor" as episodes 1-2 of season four, at one hour and twenty seven minutes. BUT..."episode 3" looks really, really interesting and I'm just dying to see it. I don't want to give away any spoilers but those of you that have seen the entire thing: Skip "Razor" and watch it after season four?

You can watch (and appreciate) Razor whenever, as long as you've seen it after Cain and the Pegasus have been introduced. It really isn't part of the overall story line.

listopencil
02-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Stick with it, gentlemen. By the end of season 3 you will be mind****ed.

The acting gets a lot better, and there are some scenes that are absolutely the best of the best from TV.

Don't get me started on "Razor".......

That was great television. Everything that science fiction should be.

listopencil
02-11-2012, 11:24 PM
You can watch (and appreciate) Razor whenever, as long as you've seen it after Cain and the Pegasus have been introduced. It really isn't part of the overall story line.

Yeah, I did see those episodes. I've watched the whole thing in sequence. I'm thinking about putting off Razor for when the show ends and I have withdrawals. Thanks, you gave me my answer. I'll save it for dessert.

patteeu
02-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I did see those episodes. I've watched the whole thing in sequence. I'm thinking about putting off Razor for when the show ends and I have withdrawals. Thanks, you gave me my answer. I'll save it for dessert.

I'd watch it sooner than that. It's not part of the main storyline, but it does add to the backstory of Cain and the Pegasus.

NewChief
02-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Might be a repost:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yYjLrJRuMnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious
02-12-2012, 08:30 AM

Razor has a lot to add to the story. Don't wait until the end, watch it in sequence.

Buck
02-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Might be a repost:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yYjLrJRuMnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How about the whole version?

Watch this one, it has some surprise visitors in the end!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/njr3aFpTMyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

listopencil
02-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Razor has a lot to add to the story. Don't wait until the end, watch it in sequence.

Aaaaargh! Dammit. Too late. I'm watching season four and JIMP every 15 minutes or so. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnerdgasm.

Amnorix
02-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm assuming Battle Star Galactica is kid-friendly? I have 7 and 10 year old boys and introducing them to this would probably be right up their (and my) alley, but it can't be too suggestive. Violence isn't a problem, they've seen Lord of the Rings and it didn't phase them. It's more the sex that worries me in these types of shows, and i have no idea if BSG was on CBS or freaking HBO...

listopencil
02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm assuming Battle Star Galactica is kid-friendly? I have 7 and 10 year old boys and introducing them to this would probably be right up their (and my) alley, but it can't be too suggestive. Violence isn't a problem, they've seen Lord of the Rings and it didn't phase them. It's more the sex that worries me in these types of shows, and i have no idea if BSG was on CBS or freaking HBO...

No, it's not kid friendly for a 7 or 10 year old. It's an adult program. Not so much nudity, but it's not for kids.

SNR
02-14-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm assuming Battle Star Galactica is kid-friendly? I have 7 and 10 year old boys and introducing them to this would probably be right up their (and my) alley, but it can't be too suggestive. Violence isn't a problem, they've seen Lord of the Rings and it didn't phase them. It's more the sex that worries me in these types of shows, and i have no idea if BSG was on CBS or freaking HBO...There is sex. Lots of it.

No nudity. But there's sex and other kinds of extremely mature topics that they either wouldn't understand or it would horrify them.

Wait at least a few years.

Frazod
02-14-2012, 04:23 PM

Probably not kid friendly, IMO. Lots of sex and near-nudity and adult situations. Lots and lots and lots.

SNR
02-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Hell, I'm actually watching the series right now for the first time and just started Season 3. I was pretty fucking freaked out by The Farm in Season 2. I mean, it was fabulous. Absolutely wonderful. You could write an academic thesis about that episode alone. But... mind-blowing material.

listopencil
02-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Hell, I'm actually watching the series right now for the first time and just started Season 3. I was pretty ****ing freaked out by The Farm in Season 2. I mean, it was fabulous. Absolutely wonderful. You could write an academic thesis about that episode alone. But... mind-blowing material.

Season three is outstanding. Tigh is a bad ass, I finally started liking him.

patteeu
02-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Aaaaargh! Dammit. Too late. I'm watching season four and JIMP every 15 minutes or so. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnerdgasm.

It's not that critical to watch it in sequence. I just wouldn't wait too long because it's more meaningful to that general part of the series than it will be after the whole thing is done.

listopencil
02-14-2012, 04:31 PM
It's not that critical to watch it in sequence. I just wouldn't wait too long because it's more meaningful to that general part of the series than it will be after the whole thing is done.

Season four is the last season?

SNR
02-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Season three is outstanding. Tigh is a bad ass, I finally started liking him.I already had a deep appreciation for Tigh, actually. In the first two seasons he's a royal fuckup and such a flawed individual. I always feel for characters like him who get placed in precarious positions they don't know or are simply incapable of handling. He's a character who got promoted through experience, not through his intuition. And it completely shows when he has to call the shots.

I'm already getting a glimpse of his badassery in the first four episodes to Season 3. I can't wait to see what else he does.

patteeu
02-14-2012, 04:35 PM

I don't remember.

Buck
02-14-2012, 04:35 PM

Yes.

notorious
02-14-2012, 04:36 PM
The scene when Tigh deals out punishment to his wife is probably in the top 5 all time IMO.

listopencil
02-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Yes.

OK, cool. I planned to watch Razor after the last episode of season four.

listopencil
02-14-2012, 04:39 PM
I already had a deep appreciation for Tigh, actually. In the first two seasons he's a royal ****up and such a flawed individual. I always feel for characters like him who get placed in precarious positions they don't know or are simply incapable of handling. He's a character who got promoted through experience, not through his intuition. And it completely shows when he has to call the shots.

I'm already getting a glimpse of his badassery in the first four episodes to Season 3. I can't wait to see what else he does.

It's a fault of mine. I tend to have a strong negative reaction towards alcoholics.

listopencil
02-15-2012, 12:59 PM
"And I don't really care if you have to spend the night on your knees praying...or just on your knees. I want a name. I want to know who's responsible for these lies."

Just damn good writing.

Red Brooklyn
02-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Just watched "Flesh And Bone" from Season One. Great. Episode.

Red Brooklyn
02-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Okay, so I'm chugging away. Now I'm about 4 episodes into Season Two and I'm thinking about just buying the whole thing. I know it's all available on Netflix streaming. That's how I'm watching it now, but I might want to own it.

But I'm totally confused about all the different pieces. If you buy the "complete series" box set does it include the mini-series, razor and the plan? Or are all of those still separate?

mnchiefsguy
02-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Okay, so I'm chugging away. Now I'm about 4 episodes into Season Two and I'm thinking about just buying the whole thing. I know it's all available on Netflix streaming. That's how I'm watching it now, but I might want to own it.

But I'm totally confused about all the different pieces. If you buy the "complete series" box set does it include the mini-series, razor and the plan? Or are all of those still separate?

I bought the complete series box set from Amazon in December when it was a deal of the day. The mini-series was the first disc of the first season, Razor was on disc one of the fourth season, and The Plan was included on a seperate blu ray.

mnchiefsguy
02-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Here is the complete series I got from Amazon on blu-ray:

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0036EH3U2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329610726&sr=8-1

This is the complete series on DVD, but looking at the pictures it seems to be different. It is also listed as "The Complete 2004 series"....so it may not include the plan:

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0036EH3UC/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1329610839&sr=1-2

Hope this helps. The DVD release of the show was kind of a cluster screw up. There has been a fair amount of confusion.

Red Brooklyn
02-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I bought the complete series box set from Amazon in December when it was a deal of the day. The mini-series was the first disc of the first season, Razor was on disc one of the fourth season, and The Plan was included on a seperate blu ray.
Good to know. Thank you!

Seemed like it was all there, but I couldn't tell. Everything's so broken up.

notorious
02-18-2012, 06:25 PM
The full dvd set:

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0036EH3UC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329611003&sr=8-1

Blu Ray

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0036EH3U2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329611003&sr=8-3

These are the GOOD collections that have everything.

mnchiefsguy
02-18-2012, 06:32 PM
The full dvd set:

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0036EH3UC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329611003&sr=8-1

Blu Ray

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Edward-James-Olmos/dp/B0036EH3U2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329611003&sr=8-3

These are the GOOD collections that have everything.

Does that DVD set have the Plan? It is was not listed in the description, and you don't see it in the pictures. The blu-ray set shows the plan in the pictures. For the blu-ray set, they merely made the box bigger and included a retail blu-ray of the plan, it was not part of the season sets in the box. (It still looks good in the box in my opinion)

mnchiefsguy
02-18-2012, 06:38 PM
On a side note...if you have a blu-ray player...spend the extra cash and get the blu-ray. Worth every penny...the series looks amazing!

Red Brooklyn
02-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Without spoilers... how cool/necessary is The Plan? Does it wrap stuff up that the series did not? Or is it just sort of like bonus round?

Red Brooklyn
02-18-2012, 06:43 PM
I guess... if for some reason, I never see The Plan am I missing anything?

notorious
02-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Does that DVD set have the Plan? It is was not listed in the description, and you don't see it in the pictures. The blu-ray set shows the plan in the pictures. For the blu-ray set, they merely made the box bigger and included a retail blu-ray of the plan, it was not part of the season sets in the box. (It still looks good in the box in my opinion)

I bought it, and it has The Plan include in Season 4.5. It's probably the shittiest part of BSG series, though.

From Amazon:

First of all for those who haven't noticed the reviews that are here are for two different box sets. One set is a large silver box and the other is black and comes with a collectible cylon. This review is for the silver box set. This box set includes all of the episodes from the series and also the miniseries. It also contains Razor and The plan. The Plan is sometimes missed because it is in the same case as disk 4 of season 4. On the outside of the case there is no mention of it at all but it is there. I didn't even know it was there until I opened the case to watch disk 4. Each disk also has lots of deleted scenes, commentary, and other special behind the scenes features. This is a great series and box set.

notorious
02-18-2012, 06:46 PM

If you are craving BSG it's required, but compared to the rest of BSG is sucks elephant balls.

mnchiefsguy
02-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Without spoilers... how cool/necessary is The Plan? Does it wrap stuff up that the series did not? Or is it just sort of like bonus round?

The Plan was good...not great, but good. I am a completest, so I wanted it, but you could probably live without it. Once you get through the whole series though, you will probably want to see it, just so you know you saw everything you could (there will be some BSG withdrawal when you get to the end of the series :) )

Frazod
02-18-2012, 07:40 PM

I've never seen it either. Don't really give a shit that I haven't.

Red Brooklyn
02-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Did any of you guys watch the Caprica series? It didn't last long, I assume it's not really worth checking out. Thoughts?

Bowser
02-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Did any of you guys watch the Caprica series? It didn't last long, I assume it's not really worth checking out. Thoughts?

I always meant to, but never did. Did the same thing with Heroes.

mnchiefsguy
02-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Never got around to checking out Caprica. I probably would have sooner, but they cancelled it so fast I just never got around to it.

Crush
02-21-2012, 05:49 AM
I want a Kobol spinoff series!

keg in kc
02-21-2012, 08:18 AM
I didn't watch Caprica and probably won't, but the general consensus among people who did seemed to be that it started slow, found its footing by the second half of the year, and then was very good by the time it ended.

mnchiefsguy
02-21-2012, 03:44 PM
I didn't watch Caprica and probably won't, but the general consensus among people who did seemed to be that it started slow, found its footing by the second half of the year, and then was very good by the time it ended.

Anyone know if the series had a definitive finish, or did it just get cancelled with a bunch of open storylines? If it is the later, I might never get around to it.

And a spinoff series on Kobol would be way fucking cool.

Red Brooklyn
02-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Holy balls!

I watched Pagasus and both parts of Resurrection Ship last night. I can't... I can't even... This fucking show!

I know NBC had a hand in producing this, but did it actually air on network television? Or was it on SyFy or something? Because these were some of the most touching and disturbing hours of television I can recall seeing. If this aired on network TV, it gets even more props.

This thing is outstanding!

mnchiefsguy
02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Holy balls!

I watched Pagasus and both parts of Resurrection Ship last night. I can't... I can't even... This ****ing show!

I know NBC had a hand in producing this, but did it actually air on network television? Or was it on SyFy or something? Because these were some of the most touching and disturbing hours of television I can recall seeing. If this aired on network TV, it gets even more props.

NBC/Universal produced it with Ron Moore's production company. It aired Friday nights on Scifi Channel. I think the mini-series did appear on NBC, but that was after its initial airing on Scifi, it got an NBC airing when they were trying to determine whether they should make it into a regular series.

notorious
02-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Holy balls!

I watched Pagasus and both parts of Resurrection Ship last night. I can't... I can't even... This ****ing show!

Your outside life will be over until you finish the series.

Just wait until Razor.....

Red Brooklyn
02-21-2012, 06:06 PM
The show has been asking some really interesting questions throughout. It's been funny and charming and warm and even frustrating (in the best ways) at times. But those three episodes really raised the bar on the series for me. I was actually kinda getting misty at some points. And some of the material was really gut churning. It got to me. Big time.

I'm a huge fan of LOST, but that show never did anything as upsetting and challenging as what was going on in that three episode arch.

I'm officially a fan. Totally hooked. I just want to be watching it right now!

listopencil
02-22-2012, 12:29 AM
I just finished the series. Just...wow. Great Science Fiction and great television. Outstanding.

Red Brooklyn
02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
I just finished the series. Just...wow. Great Science Fiction and great television. Outstanding.
Obviously, I'm still a good way from the end. But... did you like the finale? I know there were a lot of upset fans when it first aired. very controversial and divisive, like the LOST finale.

listopencil
02-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Obviously, I'm still a good way from the end. But... did you like the finale? I know there were a lot of upset fans when it first aired. very controversial and divisive, like the LOST finale.

I enjoyed it. They tied every thing up pretty well, but left a few things open to interpretation. I felt that it was a fitting end to the show.

mnchiefsguy
02-22-2012, 12:51 PM
I enjoyed it. They tied every thing up pretty well, but left a few things open to interpretation. I felt that it was a fitting end to the show.

I enjoyed the ending as well. Like the series itself, it gave you things to think about, and it did bring a good closure to the series.

Frosty
02-23-2012, 04:31 PM
I've been watching BSG on BBC America. I have been busy and had six episodes piled up on the Tivo. Last night, my Tivo hard drive dies, stranding me at the beginning of Season 4.

I was just going to get season 4 on DVD but by the time you buy both Season 4.0 and Season 4.5 (:#), it's over 40 bucks. I found the complete series used for $110 on Blu Ray, so went that way. I'm not one to rewatch shows but I figure my boys probably will and this way I get a bunch of extras.

KcMizzou
02-23-2012, 07:55 PM
I watched about half of the first season, but somehow got distracted and went on to other things. Thanks to this thread being bumped I'started again from the beginning on Netflix.

I just finished season one. HOLY SHIT. I did NOT see that coming at all. (Boomer's handshake) In this age of spoilers it rare that I get completely blindsided. That was badass. Goosebumps

mnchiefsguy
02-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Keep watching KcMizzou, it only gets better!

Red Brooklyn
02-23-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm gonna go watch more. RIGHT NOW!

Red Brooklyn
02-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Season 2 Finale into Season 3 premiere is some of the most "holy fuck me!" television I can remember.

It's amazing to me how similar this show is to LOST in it's themes and storytelling. I just adore this show.

SNR
02-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Finished the whole thing last night. Still have to watch The Plan and Razor, but I'll get around to those after the moment has finished sinking in.

I can see why this show won a Peabody Award. Fanfuckingtastic.

SNR
02-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Also there are apparently webisodes? Are these considered official canon or are they some fan-made garbage nobody cares about?

Red Brooklyn
02-26-2012, 10:28 AM
So do you not NEED to see Razor before watching Season 4?

SNR
02-26-2012, 10:32 AM
So do you not NEED to see Razor before watching Season 4?No. I went straight from 3 to 4 and missed nothing. Watch it any time after you finish Season 2, pretty much. You can save it for the end of the series. That's what I'm doing.

notorious
02-26-2012, 10:42 AM

The end of Razor adds some interesting things about Starbuck that will make Season 4 more interesting IMO.

If I say any more, I might spoil your viewing pleasure.

Buck
02-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Also there are apparently webisodes? Are these considered official canon or are they some fan-made garbage nobody cares about?

They are canon and they are very good. Not 100% necessary to watch, but I would recommend them.

patteeu
02-26-2012, 01:01 PM

They're official canon.

You don't need to, but why wouldn't you if you have the opportunity? I'd watch Razor and the webisodes in order. They both flesh out the main story line (without actually being critical to it) and will be more meaningful if watched during the series rather than afterward.

Red Brooklyn
02-26-2012, 05:13 PM
I still plan on watching Razor between 3 and 4. It just surprises me a little that one wouldn't have to. The way people talk about Razor it seems bizarre that season 4 would still make sense and the transition from 3 to 4 would feel seamless without Razor. I thought/assumed Razor was some kind of major game changer.

But, whatever. I'll get there when I get there. I just with Razor was on Netflix Instant.

KcMizzou
02-26-2012, 05:31 PM
I still plan on watching Razor between 3 and 4. It just surprises me a little that one wouldn't have to. The way people talk about Razor it seems bizarre that season 4 would still make sense and the transition from 3 to 4 would feel seamless without Razor. I thought/assumed Razor was some kind of major game changer.

But, whatever. I'll get there when I get there. I just wish Razor was on Netflix Instant.It is. It's the first 2 episodes of season 4.

Frazod
02-26-2012, 06:02 PM
It is. It's the first 2 episodes of season 4.

No shit? Gee, don't I feel like an idiot. :doh!:

patteeu
02-26-2012, 06:02 PM

But, whatever. I'll get there when I get there. I just with Razor was on Netflix Instant.

You'll see. I think I could explain it to you without spoiling, but just to be safe I'll leave it for you to decide for yourself after seeing it.

Buck
02-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Rewatching on Netflix. Just watched Act of Contrition. Great episode.

Red Brooklyn
02-28-2012, 10:23 AM
It is. It's the first 2 episodes of season 4.
Weird. For some reason I thought it wasn't there. Also, when I look on Netflix it says part 1 is available on instant, but not part 2. Which, I'm guessing is wrong, because it says part 1 is 87mins. And the Razor that is not on Instant but is available on disc through the mail is 101mins. So part 2 is 14mins?

Gotta be a glitch. Anyway, glad Razor is on Instant. I'm on episode 3 or Season 3. Hopefully, I'll have Season 3 down this week.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 10:30 AM
BTW, there are two versions of Razor - the TV version and the unedited version. Not sure which one is on Netflix - didn't get to the part where Adama called the Cylon a cocksucker yet. :D

Frosty
02-28-2012, 11:56 AM
BTW, there are two versions of Razor - the TV version and the unedited version. Not sure which one is on Netflix - didn't get to the part where Adama called the Cylon a one who sucks the penis yet. :D

That's the version they showed on BBC America. LMAO I was surprised.

SNR
02-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Question about the finale:

Why do people hate it so much? Is the only reason they hate it because the answer to the loose ends is "God did it"? They call that lazy writing, and they would definitely have a point if it came out of nowhere. But since one of the primary premises of the entire show is metaphysical in nature, doesn't it make sense that we receive the answer to that as well?

At the very least, it closes off the series. There's no room for a sequel. You watch the finale and the show is DONE. You know what happens to all of the characters.

Sure, you don't have to love it like I do, but to get pissed about it I just don't understand.

mnchiefsguy
02-28-2012, 06:32 PM
I don't have an answer for you SNR, I am one of those in the camp that loved the finale, and the entire series.

Only thing I could think of was that there was an incredible buid-up to the finale...The fourth season was split into two parts, so we had the first half of season 4, then a three month+ break where expectations for the rest of the series seemed to soar.

I think some folks just had too high of an expectation for the finale, and that leads to disappointment more often than not.

Frazod
02-28-2012, 06:59 PM

Why do people hate it so much? Is the only reason they hate it because the answer to the loose ends is "God did it"? They call that lazy writing, and they would definitely have a point if it came out of nowhere. But since one of the primary premises of the entire show is metaphysical in nature, doesn't it make sense that we receive the answer to that as well?

At the very least, it closes off the series. There's no room for a sequel. You watch the finale and the show is DONE. You know what happens to all of the characters.

Sure, you don't have to love it like I do, but to get pissed about it I just don't understand.

Because it's fucking stupid.

listopencil
02-28-2012, 07:29 PM

I think that the "answer to the loose ends" had to be that, to really fit in with where the story was going.

Something else really blew my mind but only in retrospect after the finale. Remember how it was "All Along The Watchtower" that called the four together?

I've always daydreamed about how music can seem so interconnected, even in very different genres. Usually when I am wondering about how it is that I can like so many different types of music. I try to find the similarities (other than the obvious generic ones) and have often wondered if there are melodies that sync up with our natural rhythms in ways that we don't understand. Causing physiological and/or psychological resonance as we listen.

It makes me wonder if there are certain melodies that just fit perfectly with key concepts and emotional states within all humans. When you consider that within the reality of the show that the song was performed on the nuked out Earth Prime 2000 years before the series, and it came up again thousands of years later on our Earth, I think they are illustrating this concept, not necessarily "God did it".

keg in kc
03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
...The pilot episode for the new Battlestar Galactica spin-off show, Blood and Chrome, has been completed. Composer Bear McCreary made the announcement yesterday, revealing he'd just completed the soundtrack for the episode. SyFy will apparently be announcing shortly plans for transmitting the pilot.

notorious
03-01-2012, 11:54 AM

Oh My God!!!!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/Mysteri0n/Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

mnchiefsguy
03-01-2012, 01:55 PM

Will it broadcast on Syfy, or is it a webisode? The interwebs I have read seem to indicate the Syfy was on the fence about what to do with it, and the speculation was that it would be a web series, since Syfy is now drifting away from actually Scifi programming, and doing more ghost hunting/reality type tv.

Either way, new Galactica is always good news!

Bowser
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Guys, why all these spoilers? If someone hasn't seen the ending yet, then the hell with them. They've had years to catch it.

The Galactica finds Earth roughly 350,000 years in our future, where everything has been overrun by Cylons. Everyone dies, the end.

SNR
03-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Guys, why all these spoilers? If someone hasn't seen the ending yet, then the hell with them. They've had years to catch it.

The Galactica finds Earth roughly 350,000 years in our future, where everything has been overrun by Cylons. Everyone dies, the end.Also, Number Six and Eight have hot lesbian cylon sex, and realize that the way for cylons to procreate is to do some hot, wet, cylon scissoring. So all the women (including Lucy Lawless) make cylon babies.

Bowser
03-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Also, Number Six and Sharon have hot lesbian cylon sex, and realize that the way for cylons to procreate is to do some hot, wet, cylon scissoring. So all the women (including Lucy Lawless) make cylon babies.

Ok, I would have spoilered that part.

SNR
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Ok, I would have spoilered that part.I was totally joking.

Lucy Lawless doesn't participate in the cylon scissoring.

Frazod
03-01-2012, 03:36 PM
I was totally joking.

I still have high hopes, however, that she will engage in some spirited scissoring action with Illythia on Spartacus. :drool:

listopencil
03-01-2012, 03:43 PM
I was totally joking.

Just don't tell them about how all the male cylons die off and the females have to procreate through constant hot lesbian sex.

Red Brooklyn
03-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Just finished the series.

LOVED it.

The last three episodes of Season One through the first three episodes of Season Three are some of the best I've ever seen in television.

Season Three, on the whole, is the most uneven, I think. But it ends strong. Season Four is just outstanding.

Loved the finale. Not sure how I would have ended it more appropriately.

Great series.

notorious
03-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Loved the finale. Not sure how I would have ended it more appropriately.

Great series.

That's how I see it. It was a pretty damn good ending.

bevischief
03-21-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54428

Behold A Very Badass Reel For BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD AND CHROME!!

Apparently, over the weekend, a trailer for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD AND CHROME was screened at Wondercon (details HERE).

From what I've heard of the trailer...which is cut to "Immigrant Song" and styled after the famously awesome GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO promo...the embed below represents the same material screened at that convention.

BLOOD & CHROME is set in the years preceding the famously revamped BATTLESTAR GALACTICA series from Ron Moore and David Eick, chronicling the adventures of young William Adama (played by Edward James Olmos in the recent series - but portrayed by Luke Pasqualino here) during the Cylon War. Fans of BG may recall that the Cylon War was a significant back story component for that series. B&C has been characterized as much more of a "war" and "action" series than its progenitor/successor...an assertion apparently borne out by the pacing and content of this trailer.

BLOOD & CHROME has been said to utilize a significantly different production model from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, employing a staggering array of virtual sets and environments as opposed to physically constructing costly locations (details HERE). The results? See for yourself below...but keep in mind that much of the physicality surrounding the actors here isn't even real.

Pretty great as far as I'm concerned. I want to see more NOW!

Frazod
03-21-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54428

Behold A Very Badass Reel For BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD AND CHROME!!

Apparently, over the weekend, a trailer for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD AND CHROME was screened at Wondercon (details HERE).

From what I've heard of the trailer...which is cut to "Immigrant Song" and styled after the famously awesome GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO promo...the embed below represents the same material screened at that convention.

BLOOD & CHROME is set in the years preceding the famously revamped BATTLESTAR GALACTICA series from Ron Moore and David Eick, chronicling the adventures of young William Adama (played by Edward James Olmos in the recent series - but portrayed by Luke Pasqualino here) during the Cylon War. Fans of BG may recall that the Cylon War was a significant back story component for that series. B&C has been characterized as much more of a "war" and "action" series than its progenitor/successor...an assertion apparently borne out by the pacing and content of this trailer.

BLOOD & CHROME has been said to utilize a significantly different production model from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, employing a staggering array of virtual sets and environments as opposed to physically constructing costly locations (details HERE). The results? See for yourself below...but keep in mind that much of the physicality surrounding the actors here isn't even real.

Pretty great as far as I'm concerned. I want to see more NOW!

Yes please. :drool:

notorious
03-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bevischief
03-21-2012, 11:35 AM
That was my thought as well.

Bowser
03-21-2012, 12:58 PM
That was quick. The Nazis at NBC Universal have already blocked the vid.

Frazod
03-21-2012, 01:27 PM
That was quick. The Nazis at NBC Universal have already blocked the vid.

That is just fucking ignorant. IT'S FREE WORD OF MOUTH ADVERTISING BY FANS OF THE SHOW, YOU STUPID FUCKS.

Seriously, are these people that dumb?

:shake:

keg in kc
03-21-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm not actually all that surprised the virtual sets looked pretty good. They've come a long way with Sanctuary over the last few years.

I just want a show in space on my TV.

notorious
03-21-2012, 01:43 PM
I just want a show in space on my TV.

This.

keg in kc
03-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Unfortunately we won't be getting this particular show in space on TV. SyFy isn't taking it to series. Stand-alone TV movie only. Of course. They wouldn't want to spend money on anything that isn't "reality" or urban fantasy. Can't actually have scifi on syfy.

bevischief
03-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Unfortunately we won't be getting this particular show in space on TV. SyFy isn't taking it to series. Stand-alone TV movie only. Of course. They wouldn't want to spend money on anything that isn't "reality" or urban fantasy. Can't actually have scifi on syfy.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54458

Link

keg in kc
03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
http://blastr.com/2012/03/battlestar-blood-chrome-w.php

Frazod
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM
http://blastr.com/2012/03/battlestar-blood-chrome-w.php

Yeah, I saw something about that yesterday. Fucking douchebags.

I wish they'd just sell the rights to HBO so it would be done properly. And then Syfy could continue to focus on groundbreaking content like Megashark v. Giant Octopus VIII.

keg in kc
03-22-2012, 10:43 AM
It would be nice if HBO would do something science fiction/not set on earth. Probably prohibitively expensive, unfortunately. I don't know if anything science fiction can match the wide appeal that fantasy has right now. Although if you'd told me a couple of years ago that a zombie show on AMC was going to be breaking records, I wouldn't have believed that, either, so who knows.

Frazod
03-22-2012, 10:49 AM
The thing is BG has a built-in, rabid following. I didn't give two shits about Caprica - but a combat intensive space war series with a young Adama as the main character? I'm all over that - who wouldn't be? Everything is CG now, minimal sets and green screen, as long as you don't have big name actors demanding ridiculous salaries, I don't see how it would be any more expensive to produce than GoT.

notorious
03-22-2012, 11:44 AM
SciFi hasn't gone full-retard like this since they cancelled Farscape.

Frazod
03-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Is there anything on that network worth a shit? I haven't watched it since the final episode of BG.

Frosty
03-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Is there anything on that network worth a shit? I haven't watched it since the final episode of BG.

Eureka and Warehouse 13

mnchiefsguy
03-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Eureka and Warehouse 13

Never watched Warehouse 13, but wasn't it cancelled sometime last year?

keg in kc
03-22-2012, 03:38 PM
No, Eureka is cancelled. One season left to play out.

Warehouse 13 is I think the highest rated show on the network. It's not going anywhere. I would say it's probably the best show on the network right now, too. Although I like where Being Human has gone this year.

Frosty
03-22-2012, 03:57 PM

Warehouse 13 is I think the highest rated show on the network. It's not going anywhere. I would say it's probably the best show on the network right now, too. Although I like where Being Human has gone this year.

Oh yeah, I forgot Being Human. It is much better this year than last, though I didn't care for where the Nora storyline went (haven't watched this week's show yet, so shhhh...).

Eureka is still good but getting a little played out.

mnchiefsguy
03-22-2012, 04:06 PM

I meant to start watching it..but I was pissed at Syfy at the time for cancelling Dresden Files after 1 season, so it kind of fell of my radar.

Don't think I have watched anything on Syfy lately.

BigRedChief
07-02-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm a big Star Trek TNG fan. Loved DS9 after Worf joined and the Dominion wars. Watched BSG back in the late 70's. Never watched the new BSG for a variety of reasons.

I had a free day and I spent it watching BSG on Netflix. Fell in love with the show by the end of season one and had to watch the whole series. Finished the series today.

Still dont understand the starbuck thing. Was she an angel? An Angel of whos religion? Sent by who?

Why would they allow Guis to be a part of the society over and over? I understand from a dramatic standpoint but it stretched belief.

listopencil
07-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm a big Star Trek TNG fan. Loved DS9 after Worf joined and the Dominion wars. Watched BSG back in the late 70's. Never watched the new BSG for a variety of reasons.

I had a free day and I spent it watching BSG on Netflix. Fell in love with the show by the end of season one and had to watch the whole series. Finished the series today.

Still dont understand the starbuck thing. Was she an angel? An Angel of whos religion? Sent by who?

Why would they allow Guis to be a part of the society over and over? I understand from a dramatic standpoint but it stretched belief.

Six, Gaius and Starbuck where all "angels" and potentially immortal. All three sent by God. God as in The Supreme Being.

Frazod
07-03-2012, 12:55 AM
I loved the show, but largely hated the ending. It simply made no sense for them to behave the way they did.

BigRedChief
07-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Six, Gaius and Starbuck where all "angels" and potentially immortal. All three sent by God. God as in The Supreme Being.

Whats with the spoilers? Hasnt this show been over for a couple of years?

BigRedChief
07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I loved the show, but largely hated the ending. It simply made no sense for them to behave the way they did.THIS!

Guis Baltar was a creeppy traitor for the whole series.

why is he all of a sudden a good angel? If it was the true God, whay did the true God let him kill billions as an angel>

Buck
07-03-2012, 11:37 AM
THIS!

Guis Baltar was a creeppy traitor for the whole series.

why is he all of a sudden a good angel? If it was the true God, whay did the true God let him kill billions as an angel>

They weren't the same person.

Discuss Thrower
07-03-2012, 12:47 PM
I loved the show, but largely hated the ending. It simply made no sense for them to behave the way they did.

I think the ending, particularly from Lee's POV, was done to cover RDM's ass in building up Hera as being soooooo important. Once that happened, they had to have a reason to ditch technology and start boffing our ancestors.

Frazod
07-03-2012, 02:04 PM
I think the ending, particularly from Lee's POV, was done to cover RDM's ass in building up Hera as being soooooo important. Once that happened, they had to have a reason to ditch technology and start boffing our ancestors.

Even if they decided to ditch the ships (which was fucktarded - I assume spaceships are like guns - better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them), splitting up and wandering off was just completely fucktarded.

As I've said before, it would have made much more sense if they had set up on a deserted island which they named Atlantis.

Discuss Thrower
07-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Even if they decided to ditch the ships (which was fucktarded - I assume spaceships are like guns - better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them), splitting up and wandering off was just completely fucktarded.

As I've said before, it would have made much more sense if they had set up on a deserted island which they named Atlantis.

Preaching to the choir.. But I'm also one who thought it would've been a hell of a twist in Exodus pt.2 that the Cylons were shot at by a Battlestar Osiris and it's revealed Lee was too chickenshit to save his dad's ass, thus giving the Colonials a breather with a 3rd warship in the fleet and giving Lee a lot of internal angst to deal with.

Bowser
07-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I wonder how much of it was Moore saying he only wanted to do four seasons, or NBC/Sy-Fy not wanting to continue it, for whatever reason? I ask because the ending did feel rushed. It felt as though they could have gotten another two solid years out of BSG.

BigRedChief
07-03-2012, 02:19 PM

As I've said before, it would have made much more sense if they had set up on a deserted island which they named Atlantis.Yeah, why not leave the ships up in orbit. Who's going to find them 150,000 years ago?

And why the fuck would you split up? In what reality is that the correct path? Thats never explained why splitting up was the correct path over staying together.

BigRedChief
07-03-2012, 02:20 PM
They weren't the same person.when did one person begin and the other end?

Red Brooklyn
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I think, given some of the major themes of the show - the racism/prejudice, power struggle, religious differences, envy, hate, humanities failings (just to name a few) - it makes perfect sense that they would split up the way they did. It was about starting over.

Keeping them together would have felt forced, to me. Too perfect. Too red bow on the box. Too unrealistic - or it would have been way too ominous. We know what happens if they stay together.

Given everything they all went through... I think I'd want some fucking space too.

Frazod
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I think, given some of the major themes of the show - the racism/prejudice, power struggle, religious differences, envy, hate, humanities failings (just to name a few) - it makes perfect sense that they would split up the way they did. It was about starting over.

Keeping them together would have felt forced, to me. Too perfect. Too red bow on the box. Too unrealistic - or it would have been way too ominous. We know what happens if they stay together.

Given everything they all went through... I think I'd want some fucking space too.

Imagine you land with a group of people on an alien world - do you stay with the group or wander off by yourself? I mean, seriously.

Red Brooklyn
07-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Imagine you land with a group of people on an alien world - do you stay with the group or wander off by yourself? I mean, seriously.
Given what they went through - given the mutinies, the violence, the genocide, New Caprica -- yeah, I'd get the fuck away from most of those people post haste.

Frazod
07-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Given what they went through - given the mutinies, the violence, the genocide, New Caprica -- yeah, I'd get the fuck away from most of those people post haste.

Well, Lee probably felt differently the first time he ran up against a hungry pack of sabre tooth tigers.

BigRedChief
07-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Given what they went through - given the mutinies, the violence, the genocide, New Caprica -- yeah, I'd get the fuck away from most of those people post haste.Even if your theory is true. Why wouldnt they split into cylone friendly and anti-cylone camps?

Red Brooklyn
07-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Well, Lee probably felt differently the first time he ran up against a hungry pack of sabre tooth tigers.
I sure hope so.

Red Brooklyn
07-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Even if your theory is true. Why wouldnt they split into cylone friendly and anti-cylone camps?
I can't remember who pairs up with whom, but it doesn't really matter.

Again, life isn't that simple. If they had split up evenly into Cylon and anti-Cylone camps that would have felt forced and too easy.

I'm sure some people just didn't give a shit.