PDA

View Full Version : Trade Help - Is it time to grab some steelers with their soft remaining schedule?

Hoover
10-04-2011, 01:22 PM
OK, I have an owner in my league that seems to be getting desperate to make a trade. Im pretty comfortable with my team but always willing to make an upgrade. This guy is in my division so Im nervous.

He sent me an email saying that he would like to put together a deal for CJ2K, or if Im not willing to trade him, he would do a smaller deal for Jones or Nelson.

My thoughts:

I like my WR depth and while annoyed with CJ2k, hes not killed me in the league since I drafted him in round 2. Im more concerned with QB, but dont know if I want to make a huge move to fit that, I think Romo will be fine. I also like my WRs but wouldnt mind an upgrade there.

So what kind of deal would make sense for me?

His players that I like are

Rogers But I dont think he is selling
Mendenhall Has an easy schedule for the rest of the year IMO
Steelers D See above.
Vincent Jackson I think paring him with Bowe, Colston, and Smith would be sweet.

Standard 12-team league

My Team

QB: Romo, Fitzpatrick
RB: Turner, Chris Johnson, A. Brandshaw, J. Stewart
WR: D-Bowe, Colston, Steve Smith (CAR), J. Jones, J. Nelson
TE: J. Finley
K: Crosby
D: Flavor of the week

His Team

QB: Rogers, E. Manning
RB: Mendenhall, Tate, DeAngelo Williams, LT
WR: Vincent Jackson, Bolden, Branch,
TE: A. Hernandez, McMichael.
K: Gostkowski
D: Steelers, Bucs

MoreLemonPledge
10-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Just pick up Isaac Redman off the waiver wire. He's getting every carry this next week. Stay away from Mendenhall. V-Jax would be nice depending on what he wants for him. Never pay for a defense. Rodgers is probably untouchable.

Pestilence
10-04-2011, 04:32 PM
How many players do you start?

Hoover
10-04-2011, 08:21 PM
We start

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 D

ChiefGator
10-05-2011, 03:33 AM
His players that I like are

Rogers But I dont think he is selling
Mendenhall Has an easy schedule for the rest of the year IMO
Steelers D See above.
Vincent Jackson I think paring him with Bowe, Colston, and Smith would be sweet.

Standard 12-team league

Rogers = yeah, probably not selling
Mendenhall = injured and ineffective anyway
Vincent Jackson = a luxury you probably can't afford, since it will cost you your RB's, where your depth is not great.

Just pick up Redman, as LemonyPledge said.

Since you start 3WR, I could possibly see why you may want VJax, but the cost will just be too high.

DMAC
10-05-2011, 08:50 AM
If you can get Mendenhall for next to nothing...I say do it.

Short Leash Hootie
10-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Steelers offensive line is just god awful...I think mendenhall is in for a looooooooong year.