PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NBA 2k12

Hays
10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Anyone get their copy yet?

I am picking mine up in less than an hour.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-04-2011, 03:37 PM
I just cant buy the NBA game until I know there is a real season, I dont know why either

Hays
10-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Well after seeing the reviews and how it only gotten better from last years game I had to buy it.

Dayze
10-04-2011, 03:43 PM
2k11 was the only BB game I've ever bought/played. I was extremely pleased with it - although, admittedly, I don't know a whole lot about BB. Still fun.

Fruit Ninja
10-04-2011, 04:07 PM
waiting for my 2 copies in the mail. Its getting late, they may not come til tomorrow though.

Bump
10-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I can't get into NBA games but I do like online competition. Is the online any good? I've heard it isn't good anymore with 2K, but I haven't looked into it much. They still have the lobby system like in NFL All Pro with ratings of each person?

Fruit Ninja
10-05-2011, 01:50 PM
hmm... got the game played it a little bit, its way better then before. Everything is so smooth now. No more herky jerky jump shots. Everything flows really nice.

I like how they are letting you upload your videos directly to youtube now. No more 2Kumminity video's. This format is WAY better.

Demonpenz
10-05-2011, 02:52 PM
hmm... got the game played it a little bit, its way better then before. Everything is so smooth now. No more herky jerky jump shots. Everything flows really nice.

I like how they are letting you upload your videos directly to youtube now. No more 2Kumminity video's. This format is WAY better.

damnit don't say this shit. I am gunna have to buy it.

Hays
10-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Seems to be harder to improve your myplayer this year. Either that or my guy totally sucks and can't make a shot to save his life ha.

So no 99 rated player for me in a week of playing.

Dayze
10-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Seems to be harder to improve your myplayer this year. Either that or my guy totally sucks and can't make a shot to save his life ha.

So no 99 rated player for me in a week of playing.

lol...sounds like My Player from last year. Granted, my basketball knowledge/skills is limited, but holy hell....my player sucked the entire first 2 years I played. Dude would miss wide open shots 2' in front of the rim...ALL THE TIME.

I think the last time I played, which is a few months ago, my rating was only like a 71 or something.

durtyrute
10-05-2011, 03:44 PM
How is it on Wii. I don't play video games hardly at all, but my sister let me use her game system and I was thinking of getting a game or two.

Fruit Ninja
10-05-2011, 07:08 PM
damnit don't say this shit. I am gunna have to buy it.

There is no more of that canimation shit. You can pretty much break out of any animation pretty flawlessly. It looks really fucking nice.

The 15 legends thing is nice to unlock all them old school teams. Plus for a limited time, you get the unlock code for the 91 Warriors with Mullen, Hardaway and Richmand and the 2002 Kings.

Demonpenz
10-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Is Rik Smits in this game?! FOR THE LOVE OF CEDRIC CEBALOS IS RIK SMITS IN THIS GAME?!?!?

58kcfan89
10-05-2011, 08:50 PM
ZOMG, DOES IT HAVE LOCKOUT MODEZ!!!!??!?!???

...sorry.

I just cant buy the NBA game until I know there is a real season, I dont know why either

I'm pretty much the same way. I bought 2K11 last year and generally buy the new sports games (Madden, NCAA Football, NHL, NBA 2K, The Show) a few days before the real seasons start. But after trading Madden & NCAA back in within 2 weeks this year, I'm thinking I'll just keep playing NHL until either the NBA lockout ends or The Show comes out. Hopefully by that point, the price has dropped (or the 2K13 game is out lol).

Although I have heard it's an amazing game.... I just can't bring myself to spend money on a league that's not currently playing. I mean, wouldn't the rosters be exactly the same as they were at the end of last year? Or did they get rookies in?

Fruit Ninja
10-05-2011, 10:11 PM
ZOMG, DOES IT HAVE LOCKOUT MODEZ!!!!??!?!???

...sorry.

I'm pretty much the same way. I bought 2K11 last year and generally buy the new sports games (Madden, NCAA Football, NHL, NBA 2K, The Show) a few days before the real seasons start. But after trading Madden & NCAA back in within 2 weeks this year, I'm thinking I'll just keep playing NHL until either the NBA lockout ends or The Show comes out. Hopefully by that point, the price has dropped (or the 2K13 game is out lol).

Although I have heard it's an amazing game.... I just can't bring myself to spend money on a league that's not currently playing. I mean, wouldn't the rosters be exactly the same as they were at the end of last year? Or did they get rookies in?

Thats why you play unlocking the classic teams for now. THats what i am doing right now anyways. Hopefully this lock out BS is over soon.

Demonpenz
10-06-2011, 12:09 AM
I want fifa 12

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2011, 02:29 PM
only if they update the college hoops conversion for it!

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=81650&sid=55bf0a5d096d9cfa8c9b9952e1137305&start=150

Bump
10-07-2011, 12:40 AM
only if they update the college hoops conversion for it!

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=81650&sid=55bf0a5d096d9cfa8c9b9952e1137305&start=150

I played the shit out of college hoops 2K8, best college bball game ever. It sucks that 2K got so screwed out of that and the NFL. Fucking corrupt bullshit.

Buck
12-20-2011, 05:50 AM
This game is on sale on Steam for $14.99. It's the same exact version as far as I can tell as the consoles.

It's on sale for PC download on Amazon.com for $9.99 and you get a $5 credit. I went with Steam though, easier to have it with the rest of my games.

Buck
12-20-2011, 05:57 AM
Oh and I have to say this game is pretty awesome.

I chose to do a franchise with the Spurs since they drafted my favorite college player. He hasn't played much at all because he got injured (Kawhi Leonard, btw), but I'm absolutely killing it with Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.

I can't seem to do much with Tim Duncan though, and I'm looking to trade him, but for some reason nobody is giving me a fair offer. Every offer I get is at least a half to 1 full star less than what I would be giving up.

lcarus
12-20-2011, 06:14 PM
This is the best made sports game I've ever played. I'm usually a football game type of guy, but I keep my eye out every year for a well made basketball video game. The only other NBA games I've ever liked were NBA Street, NBA Jam (back in the Genesis/SNES days), NBA Live 98, and NBA 2K1 (which was my favorite bball simulation ever before this).

I'm playing it on PC, and it's just amazing in every way. So many different ways to shoot, post up, play defense, dribble drive, pass. The attention to detail when it comes to the crowd, the players' faces, the sidelines...it all just looks brilliant.

The best part of the game is the "NBA's Greatest", where you can unlock full teams from the past by completing a challenge. The challenges I've played so far are usually just "beat this team with this team" and you unlock the team you beat. I unlocked the 94-95 Orlando Magic by beating them with the Knicks, and I was amazed to find out I could start a franchise by replacing the current Magic with the 95 Magic. I am thinking about unlocking a bunch of historical teams and replacing the current teams with them and start an epic franchise. All the faces are almost spot-on. Dennis Scott looks like Dennis Scott. Even the bench players look really really good for the most part.

Buck
12-20-2011, 06:16 PM
This is the best made sports game I've ever played. I'm usually a football game type of guy, but I keep my eye out every year for a well made basketball video game. The only other NBA games I've ever liked were NBA Street, NBA Jam (back in the Genesis/SNES days), NBA Live 98, and NBA 2K1 (which was my favorite bball simulation ever before this).

I'm playing it on PC, and it's just amazing in every way. So many different ways to shoot, post up, play defense, dribble drive, pass. The attention to detail when it comes to the crowd, the players' faces, the sidelines...it all just looks brilliant.

The best part of the game is the "NBA's Greatest", where you can unlock full teams from the past by completing a challenge. The challenges I've played so far are usually just "beat this team with this team" and you unlock the team you beat. I unlocked the 94-95 Orlando Magic by beating them with the Knicks, and I was amazed to find out I could start a franchise by replacing the current Magic with the 95 Magic. I am thinking about unlocking a bunch of historical teams and replacing the current teams with them and start an epic franchise. All the faces are almost spot-on. Dennis Scott looks like Dennis Scott. Even the bench players look really really good for the most part.

Wow that sounds awesome. After I finish my first season with the Spurs I'm going to start working on that.

TrickyNicky
12-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Is there a classic Barkley team that you can unlock? Like the '92-'93 Suns. Heck, I would love to have the over-the-hill-gang Houston Rockets that had Olajuwon, Drexler, and Barkley.

Buck
12-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Is there a classic Barkley team that you can unlock? Like the '92-'93 Suns. Heck, I would love to have the over-the-hill-gang Houston Rockets that had Olajuwon, Drexler, and Barkley.

In a word: No.

The Teams:

1992-93 Bulls: B.J. Armstrong, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Scott Williams, John Paxson, Rodney McCray, Stacey King, Will Perdue, Ed Nealy

1992-93 Hornets: Muggsy Bogues, Kendall Gill, David Wingate, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Dell Curry, Johnny Newman, Kenny Gattison, Tony Bennett, Sidney Green, Kevin Lynch

1990-91 Lakers: Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, James Worthy, Sam Perkins, Vlade Divac, A.C. Green, Larry Drew, Mychal Thompson, Elden Campbell

1990-91 Trail Blazers: Terry Porter, Clyde Drexler, Jerome Kersey, Buck Williams, Kevin Duckworth, Cliff Robinson, Danny Ainge, Mark Bryant, Drazen Petrovic

1985-86 Celtics: Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton, Jerry Sichting, Scott Wedman, Sam Vincent

1985-86 Hawks: Doc Rivers, Randy Wittman, Dominique Wilkins, Kevin Willis, Tree Rollins, Cliff Levingston, Eddie Johnson, Jon Koncak, Spud Webb, Antoine Carr, Scott Hasting

1986-87 Lakers: Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, James Worthy, A.C. Green, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Cooper, Kurt Rambis, Billy Thompson, Mychal Thompson, Frank Brickowski

1985-86 Celtics: Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton, Jerry Sichting, Scott Wedman, Sam Vincent

1984-85 76ers: Maurice Cheeks, Clint Richardson, Julius Erving, Bobby Jones, Moses Malone, Clemon Johnson, George Johnson

1984-85 Bucks: Craig Hodges, Sidney Moncrief, Paul Pressey, Terry Cummings, Alton Lister, Mike Dunleavy, Ricky Pierce, Paul Mokeski, Randy Breuer, Charles Davis

1964-65 Celtics: K.C. Jones, Sam Jones, John Havlicek, Tom Sanders, Bill Russell, Tom Heinsohn, Larry Siegfried, John Thompson, Mel Counts

1964-65 Lakers: Jerry West, Dick Barnett, Elgin Baylor, Rudy Larusso, Leroy Ellis, Jim King, Darrall Imhoff, Walt Hazzard, Don Nelson

1970-71 Lakers: Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Keith Erickson, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, Jim McMillian, Willie McCarter, Rick Roberson

1970-71 Hawks: Walt Hazzard, Pete Maravich, Lou Hudson, Bill Bridges, Walt Bellamy, Jim Davis, Jerry Chambers, Len Chappell

1988-89 Pistons: Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, Mark Aguirre, Rick Mahorn, Bill Laimbeer, Dennis Rodman, Vinnie Johnson, James Edwards, John Salley, Darryl Dawkins

1988-89 Bulls: John Paxson, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Sam Vincent, Brad Sellers, Craig Hodges, Dave Corzine, Charles Davis, Will Perdue

1993-94 Rockets: Kenny Smith, Vernon Maxwell, Robert Horry, Otis Thorpe, Hakeem Olajuwon, Mario Elie, Sam Cassell, Scott Brooks, Matt Bullard

1993-94 Nuggets: Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Bryant Stith, Reggie Williams, Rodney Rogers, Dikembe Mutombo, Robert Pack, Tom Hammonds

1970-71 Bucks: Oscar Robertson, Jon McGlocklin, Bob Dandridge, Greg Smith, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Lew Alcindor), Bob Boozer, Lucius Allen, Dick Cunningham

1970-71 Lakers: Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Keith Erickson, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, Jim McMillian, Willie McCarter, Rick Roberson

1997-98 Jazz: John Stockton, Jeff Hornacek, Adam Keefe, Karl Malone, Greg Foster, Byron Russell, Greg Ostertag, Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson, Antoine Carr

1997-98 Spurs: Avery Johnson, Vinny Del Negro, Sean Elliott, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Jaren Jackson, Chuck Person, Will Perdue, Monty Williams

1995-96 Bulls: Ron Harper, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Luc Longley, Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr, Bill Wennington, Dickey Simpkins, Jud Buechler, John Salley, James Edwards

1995-96 Sonics: Gary Payton, Hersey Hawkins, Detlef Schrempf, Shawn Kemp, Ervin Johnson, Sam Perkins, Vincent Askew, Nate McMillan, Frank Brickowski, David Wingate

1994-95 Knicks: Derek Harper, John Starks, Charles Oakley, Patrick Ewing, Anthony Mason, Hubert Davis, Anthony Bonner, Greg Anthony, Monty Williams, Herb Williams, Doug Christie

1994-95 Magic: Penny Hardaway, Nick Anderson, Donald Royal, Horace Grant, Shaquille O’Neal, Dennis Scott, Brian Shaw, Anthony Bowie, Jeff Turner, Tree Rollins

1971-72 Lakers: Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Jim McMillian, Leroy Ellis, Wilt Chamberlain, Flynn Robinson, Keith Erickson, Elgin Baylor

1971-72 Knicks: Walt Frazier, Dick Barnett, Bill Bradley, Dave DeBusschere, Jerry Lucas, Phil Jackson, Earl Monroe, Willis Reed, Luther Rackley

1997-98 Jazz: John Stockton, Jeff Hornacek, Adam Keefe, Karl Malone, Greg Foster, Byron Russell, Greg Ostertag, Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson, Antoine Carr

1997-98 Lakers: Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant, Eddie Jones, Robert Horry, Shaquille O’Neal, Elden Campbell, Corie Blount, Jon Barry

Hidden Teams:

1976-77 76ers: Henry Bibby, Doug Collins, Julius Erving, George McGinnis, Darryl Dawkins, World B. Free, Steve Mix, Harvey Catchings, Mike Dunleavy, Joe Bryant

1989-90 Cavs: Mark Price, Craig Ehlo, Larry Nance, John Williams, Brad Daugherty, Steve Kerr, Reggie Williams, Tree Rollins, Paul Mokeski

1985-86 Bulls: Kyle Macy, Michael Jordan, Orlando Woolridge, Sidney Green, Charles Oakley, George Gervin, Dave Corzine, John Paxson, Rod Higgins

1990-91 Bulls: John Paxson, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, B.J. Armstrong, Stacey King, Will Perdue, Cliff Levingston, Craig Hodges, Scott Williams

1997-98 Bulls: Ron Harper, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Luc Longley, Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr, Bill Wennington, Jud Buechler, Dickey Simpkins

*1990-91 Warriors: Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Chris Mullin, Tom Tolbert, Alton Lister, Rod Higgins, Sarunas Marciulionis, Mario Elie, Paul Mokeski, Vincent Askew

*2001-02 Kings: Mike Bibby, Doug Christie, Peja Stojakovic, Chris Webber, Vlade Divac, Bobby Jackson, Hedo Turkoglu, Scot Pollard, Gerald Wallace, Lawrence Funderburke

Chocolate Hog
12-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Is this better than last years? Last years was dope.

Buck
12-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I loved My Player on 2K11. Haven't tried it yet here.

I really like this game though.

I honestly can't tell you if it's better, it's been so long since I played 2K11.

Urc Burry
12-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Just picked up my copy, and it still had the '02 kings code in it... fuck yea! My favorite team to watch to date

La literatura
12-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Played my player on this -- was a lot of fun

Buck
12-31-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm playing My Player.

I realized I was playing 5 min quarters while the league sim was 12 minutes, so everyone else had crazy stats, while my team didn't.

So I changed it to 7 min quarters with 5 min sim to even it out and it's only been that way for about 5 games and I've gone from 20th in scoring to 5th.

The level ups itself and as soon as it got to All Star I dropped 54 and 45 in back to back games.

I'm at a level 69 right now and I just demanded a trade from the Bucks to the Magic and they accepted it.

The Bucks made a bunch of stupid trades and got rid of Bogut who was pretty much the only guy who I could dish assists to (I'm a SG). I'm hoping that the Magic don't get rid of Dwight while I'm there.

Chocolate Hog
12-31-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm playing My Player.

I realized I was playing 5 min quarters while the league sim was 12 minutes, so everyone else had crazy stats, while my team didn't.

So I changed it to 7 min quarters with 5 min sim to even it out and it's only been that way for about 5 games and I've gone from 20th in scoring to 5th.

The level ups itself and as soon as it got to All Star I dropped 54 and 45 in back to back games.

I'm at a level 69 right now and I just demanded a trade from the Bucks to the Magic and they accepted it.

The Bucks made a bunch of stupid trades and got rid of Bogut who was pretty much the only guy who I could dish assists to (I'm a SG). I'm hoping that the Magic don't get rid of Dwight while I'm there.

When were you picked? The Jazz drafted me i'm scoring 8 a game off the bench. I asked for a trade to NY, Miami or LA.

Buck
12-31-2011, 09:00 PM
When were you picked? The Jazz drafted me i'm scoring 8 a game off the bench. I asked for a trade to NY, Miami or LA.

I was picked #10 by the Bucks.

They had Stephen Jackson as their starting 2. By the 13th or 14th game, I was put in as a starter.

I usually score around 30 a game and shoot over 50%. The rest of the guys on the Bucks couldn't make shit. There were literally times when the rest of the team went 2/20 in the entire game.

I had to request a trade.

Kyle DeLexus
12-31-2011, 11:00 PM
I was picked #10 by the Bucks.

They had Stephen Jackson as their starting 2. By the 13th or 14th game, I was put in as a starter.

I usually score around 30 a game and shoot over 50%. The rest of the guys on the Bucks couldn't make shit. There were literally times when the rest of the team went 2/20 in the entire game.

I had to request a trade.

I only have 2011, what are the trades like? Was it instant this year or did you have to wait? Did the team ask your "opinion" on who they should try to trade for like in 2011? If so, was that instant or did it take time?

Buck
12-31-2011, 11:02 PM
I only have 2011, what are the trades like? Was it instant this year or did you have to wait? Did the team ask your "opinion" on who they should try to trade for like in 2011? If so, was that instant or did it take time?

I asked for the trade, played one game, went to play my next game, but I was traded, and I was immediately thrown into a new game with the new team.

There is a screen that shows what teams are interested in you, and then you can make your top 3 choices of where you would like to be traded.

Urc Burry
01-02-2012, 08:33 PM
11-3 so far online... This game is a lot easier for me the 2k11