Las Vegas Odds week 5

Eagles -3 @ Buffalo

Short Leash Hootie
10-05-2011, 12:32 PM
What's odd? Seems right to me...

Nzoner
10-05-2011, 05:14 PM
What's odd? Seems right to me...

Coming from someone already broke in the CP gambling game...alrighty :)

Short Leash Hootie
10-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Coming from someone already broke in the CP gambling game...alrighty :)

What should it be? Bills favored after losing to the Bengals? Yes the eagles collapsed but they have more talent and more importantly have a bigger betting market (more notoriety and fans) so of course they are going to be favored. Why do you think the Yankees lines are always so ridiculous? Casual betters bet with their hearts and bet to make things more fun...Vegas makes money off of these people and sets the lines as such.

Nzoner
10-06-2011, 02:01 AM
What should it be? Bills favored after losing to the Bengals? Yes the eagles collapsed but they have more talent and more importantly have a bigger betting market (more notoriety and fans) so of course they are going to be favored. Why do you think the Yankees lines are always so ridiculous? Casual betters bet with their hearts and bet to make things more fun...Vegas makes money off of these people and sets the lines as such.

Believe me I understand all too well how Vegas works and should have put a :D in my original post,but then again,even when I do add a smiley and am busting your balls you still tend to get defensive.

As for your original question,no,I wasn't implying the Bills should be favored,but a 6 point swing (i.e. generally the home field being worth 3) was a fine example of Vegas being Vegas and thus proving your point about casual bettors.

And for the record,yes I do some gambling on the NFL and no way in hell would I touch this particular game.

Short Leash Hootie
10-06-2011, 11:16 AM
yeah this game I'd stay away from but if I was forced to bet I must say...I'd bet Eagles

Nzoner
10-11-2011, 06:51 PM
yeah this game I'd stay away from but if I was forced to bet I must say...I'd bet Eagles

:)

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 11:41 PM
:)

What are you smiling about? Agreeing the game was a tough one to bet? I told you I wouldn't touch that game with real money.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 11:41 PM

Quoted for emphasis.

HemiEd
10-12-2011, 11:21 AM
A few times a season, Vegas just throws a gift out there, and I treated this line as one.

kaching!

Dartgod
10-12-2011, 12:26 PM
I wish I had put more than $1,000 on the ML in the gambling challenge.