PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ***Official 2011-2012 NHL Season Thread***

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

DJ's left nut
02-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Blues are the Chiefs of the Nhl no doubt about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Right down to the having the longest run of playoff seasons in league history and no championships or even Cup finals appearances to show for it.

I couldn't root for two more similarly situated teams.

That said, I think the Blues are presently being run by intelligent management that values the goaltending position and has a very bright future ahead of it. As opposed to the Chiefs.

DaFace
02-12-2012, 03:08 PM
If we'd have lost a point off an Erik Johnson goal, I'd have been pretty pissed off.

Though the Divelanche need to look at how Johnson plays against the Blues and then how he plays against everyone else to realize what a soft bitch that guy is. He has a game-winner against us in his first game against us, then this one. I'd imagine he's on a 30 goal clip with actual defensive responsibility against us.

Then he plays everyone else and is right back to the floating, entitled headcase he was from the day we got him.

Look at all the #1 overall picks in the NHL draft over the last 10 years....one of those things is not like the other. And the hell of it? He was the consensus #1 overall. The Blues, much like the Chiefs seem to do, simply sucked at the worst possible time.

EJ's having a decent year, for what it's worth. He's not a world-beater or anything, but he's got 20 points and has definitely helped to beef up our defense.

Worth the #1 pick? Probably not. But at least the trade isn't looking AS bad for the Avs as it did last year.

Pushead2
02-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Perry with a hat trick and 3 out of 4 points so far on this road trip. I'll take it.....

Predarat
02-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Perry with a hat trick and 3 out of 4 points so far on this road trip. I'll take it.....

If the Ducks get hot and make the playoffs, nobody is going to want to see them on thier bracket. They have the team that could upset some folks.

DJ's left nut
02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Petrangelo is so freakin' good that I'll reluctant to believe it. He's everything ej was supposed to be.

He'll win a Norris in the next 2 or 3 years. What a great player.

Demonpenz
02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Malkin had a beastin day for the Penguins. With one of the goals being so sick it needed to be quarantined

chiefs1111
02-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Flyers lost to the Wings,which i expected but it was a good game to watch overall.

DaFace
02-12-2012, 08:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TRH00.jpg

KCtotheSB
02-13-2012, 06:11 AM
Pens caught up to the Flyers, tied at 69 points. Might need the Rangers to flop in the next couple weeks if there's any hope to win the Atlantic...

NJChiefsFan
02-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Pens caught up to the Flyers, tied at 69 points. Might need the Rangers to flop in the next couple weeks if there's any hope to win the Atlantic...

I think the reality is that the 4 vs 5 matchup will be two of the three between NJ, Phi, and Pit. Four of the top five records(not seeds obviously) in the East may come from the Atlantic. Truth is, with Florida and Washington playing like this, it might be better to just get the 6 seed and play them. Still would rather play the Rangers in the next round over Boston. I do hate rivalry playoff series though.

Sfeihc
02-14-2012, 07:59 PM
History is made!!!! 21 consecutive wins at home for the Detroit Red Wings with a 3-1 win over the Dallas Stars.

Let's Go Red Wings!!!!!

DaFace
02-14-2012, 08:04 PM
History is made!!!! 21 consecutive wins at home for the Detroit Red Wings with a 3-1 win over the Dallas Stars.

Let's Go Red Wings!!!!!

Kill yourself.

DJ's left nut
02-14-2012, 08:12 PM
On a day the Blues lost to the goddamn Blue Jackets....

Ugh; sports suck. Best team the Blues have had in a decade and we're looking at losing in round one to the Predators in 5 because we can't get a puck past Pekka Rinne. We're going to have the 3rd most points in hockey and end up with a damn 4 seed in the West.

This just sucks so damn hard. Fuck you, Detroit. Fuck you with a sideways football.

Sfeihc
02-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Let the haters hate. Take your sideways football and use them as a pillow when you and DaFace take a nap under the AIDS tree.

DJ's left nut
02-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Let the haters hate. Take your sideways football and use them as a pillow when you and DaFace take a nap under the AIDS tree.

I'm confused - What would napping under an AIDS tree accomplish? It's not like I tumbled into it while it was on fire, or even fell through it. I simply slept beneath it. And I don't believe they make AIDS apples that could go all Isaac Newton on me or anything. Sleeping under an AIDS tree seems pretty harmless.

Frankly, I believe I would wake up feeling refreshed and ready to hope that Bertuzzi and Franzen go hitch a ride with Konstantinov's driver.

Sfeihc
02-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Nice Vlady reference. Stevie Y wonders if you've had any better luck in game 7's?

DJ's left nut
02-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Nice Vlady reference. Stevie Y wonders if you've had any better luck in game 7's?

Chris Pronger's kinda curious if Yzerman's learned to take a check yet or if he's just teaching the Wings' young players to duck and lunge into the oncoming hitter's knees.

Pushead2
02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Ducks win...good night for me.

Congrats to the Wings..

Sfeihc
02-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Chris Pronger's kinda curious if Yzerman's learned to take a check yet or if he's just teaching the Wings' young players to duck and lunge into the oncoming hitter's knees.

I'm sure Crissy is much more curious if Stevie Y could teach him how to not block shots with his chest.

Bearcat
02-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Ducks win...good night for me.

Congrats to the Wings..

December 15th... the Wild were 20-8-4 and the Ducks were 9-16-5. On Jan 4th the Ducks were still only 10-22-6, and now the Ducks are within 3 points of the Wild.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Fuck the Wings!!!

NJChiefsFan
02-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Being an East Conference guy that has had little run-in's with Detriot, except for sweeing their ass in 1995, I respect how well they refuel their team with their own talent. For a monster organization, they don't use FA to fix themselves that often, and when they do, its usually a smart move instead of over-paying.

Predarat
02-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Hope the Preds can end the streak on Friday!

RUSH
02-15-2012, 11:12 AM
The King was phenomenal last night. 42 saves and a shutout.

I know Malkin is destroying the league but if the Rangers keep the 1 seed and win the presidents trophy, do you think Henrik can win the Hart? Long shot but I wouldn't be shocked.

KCtotheSB
02-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Rick Nash offered up a list of teams he'd like to be traded to.
Apparently, the Rangers were on it because they've already chatted with the Blue Jackets.

Bearcat
02-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Hope the Preds can end the streak on Friday!

I'm surprised they're 11th in the league in goals per game despite being 25th in shots per game. It seems like every time I watch them, they score a completely fluky goal, like the one from center ice against the Blackhawks a couple of weeks ago or a couple of soft ones last week... but, they seem to make the most of their opportunities, and it's not like they need to lead the league in scoring with Rinne in net just about every night.

I'd like the streak talk to end... it would be awesome if the Ducks slid into the 8th spot and took out the Wings in the first round again. Or if the Kings added some scoring or the Blackhawks added some defense and did the same (if either end up in 8th).

Bearcat
02-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Rick Nash offered up a list of teams he'd like to be traded to.
Apparently, the Rangers were on it because they've already chatted with the Blue Jackets.

Interesting... I saw the news yesterday that he could be on the market, and espn.com listed the Rangers, Kings, Canucks, and a couple of others as possibilities.

Then this today...
Teams that I believe have either been contacted by Columbus regarding Rick Nash or have reached out to the Blue Jackets: the New York Rangers, the Philadelphia Flyers, the Los Angeles Kings, the Vancouver Canucks and the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I guess if the Flyers can't find a goalie, why not add more offense?

ChiefsCountry
02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Being an East Conference guy that has had little run-in's with Detriot, except for sweeing their ass in 1995, I respect how well they refuel their team with their own talent. For a monster organization, they don't use FA to fix themselves that often, and when they do, its usually a smart move instead of over-paying.

I hope the NHL expands or another east team moves west so Detroit can be the east's problem.

Predarat
02-15-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm surprised they're 11th in the league in goals per game despite being 25th in shots per game. It seems like every time I watch them, they score a completely fluky goal, like the one from center ice against the Blackhawks a couple of weeks ago or a couple of soft ones last week... but, they seem to make the most of their opportunities, and it's not like they need to lead the league in scoring with Rinne in net just about every night.

I'd like the streak talk to end... it would be awesome if the Ducks slid into the 8th spot and took out the Wings in the first round again. Or if the Kings added some scoring or the Blackhawks added some defense and did the same (if either end up in 8th).

I'm glad the Preds extended Rinne, they need him. He can be a difference maker in the playoffs, however last year he did not seem to be at his best in the playoffs. What the Preds could really use is a big, crease clearing, defensive defenseman.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-15-2012, 12:08 PM
I hope the NHL expands or another east team moves west so Detroit can be the east's problem.

Don't like that idea. Like the 2nd part, but I would rather just beat the bastards.

Predarat
02-15-2012, 12:12 PM
If they really want the 4 division re alignment to work properly, they need to expand two or contract two. Also the could move 1 'west' team to the 'east' and keep the 1-8 conference playoff system instead of the 1-4 division playoff system.

Bearcat
02-15-2012, 12:24 PM

I know it's not the point of your post, but IMO the number of teams is perfect right now, and if anything, they could afford to lose a couple (which won't happen). I don't know how much expansion would actually water down the league, but even though some look at the standings and see mediocrity, I've watched a lot of really good hockey this season. I wouldn't mind them moving Phoenix or the NYI to KC though. :D

To your point though, yeah... the Red Wings could play in Europe for all I care, outside of Lidstrom and Datsyuk. It's hard to dislike those guys.

I'm glad the Preds extended Rinne, they need him. He can be a difference maker in the playoffs, however last year he did not seem to be at his best in the playoffs. What the Preds could really use is a big, crease clearing, defensive defenseman.

Yeah, he could go a long way in stealing an entire series if he's playing well. I've been trying to catch more of their games recently... I need more TVs. :)

Predarat
02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Hope McGrattan is OK.

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2012/2/15/2800464/brian-mcgrattan-injury-nashville-predators

The Poz
02-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Concussion. I spoke with him on the weekend and he seemed fine. I'm sure it's precautionary.

ChiefsCountry
02-15-2012, 01:28 PM
NHL expansion would be if they keep the 4 division lineup IMO. Here would be my NHL version, assuming the rumored arenas in Seattle and Quebec City come through.

Anaheim
Calgary
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Phoenix
San Jose
Vancouver
*Seattle (Expansion)

Chicago
Colorado
Dallas
Minnesota
Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg
*Kansas City (move the Islanders)

Boston
Buffalo
Columbus
Detroit
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
*Quebec (Expansion)

Carolina
Florida
New Jersey
New York
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Washington

Predarat
02-15-2012, 01:30 PM
NHL expansion would be if they keep the 4 division lineup IMO. Here would be my NHL version, assuming the rumored arenas in Seattle and Quebec City come through.

Anaheim
Calgary
Edmonton
Los Angeles
Phoenix
San Jose
Vancouver
*Seattle (Expansion)

Chicago
Colorado
Dallas
Minnesota
Nashville
St. Louis
Winnipeg
*Kansas City (move the Islanders)

Boston
Buffalo
Columbus
Detroit
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
*Quebec (Expansion)

Carolina
Florida
New Jersey
New York
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Washington

I like the look of that! But all three of my favorite teams would be in the same divisions.

Bearcat
02-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Great win for the Ducks in Pittsburgh. I thought Fleury was going to steal one after some great saves in the 2nd.

I remember people saying Selanne was washed up 5 years ago... uh, he's still not. LMAO

Rams Fan
02-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Doesn't make sense, to be honest, for the Isles to move.

I believe Wang wants to keep them on Long Island, where they have history.

If they do move, I think it would be to Brooklyn(if the arena was able to renovated for hockey).

Pushead2
02-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Great win for the Ducks in Pittsburgh. I thought Fleury was going to steal one after some great saves in the 2nd.

I remember people saying Selanne was washed up 5 years ago... uh, he's still not. LMAO

Amazing win...very hard fought.

NJChiefsFan
02-15-2012, 10:59 PM

If they do move, I think it would be to Brooklyn(if the arena was able to renovated for hockey).

Barclays can hold 14,000 for hockey.

Amazing win...very hard fought.

Thanks for beating PIT. See you Friday at the Rock.

Predarat
02-16-2012, 07:47 AM

Selanne was a beast last year in the Playoffs vs Preds. He is damn awesome, I remember him playing for the Jets a long time ago. Truly awesome player.

Bearcat
02-16-2012, 08:24 AM

Why not? They've been in the bottom 2 of attendance for about 8 straight years, and as far as I know, they aren't getting a new arena.

Pushead2
02-16-2012, 12:27 PM

it makes perfect sense actually....

NJChiefsFan
02-16-2012, 04:22 PM
The Islander fanbase isn't very strong anymore in the Tri-State area save for Long Island itself. Then again I am only 26 so I was not around for the Islanders glory days. That arena is one of the worst in all of sports and it has been killing them(along with the team itself). It seems like the team is only going to to continue to get the run-around from the council on the arena issue. Brooklyn may be their only option.

I selfishly was hoping they went to KC because I would like the city to get it and I would like to get some Islander fans on the Devils fanbase. I know for sure they wouldn't become Rags or Failures fans. I guess they would end up in Quebec if anything at this point.

Rams Fan
02-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Barclays can hold 14,000 for hockey.

That's behind Winnipeg.

NJChiefsFan
02-16-2012, 04:50 PM
That's behind Winnipeg.

I think it would work out fine for them. Its one thing to build an arena for yourself where you don't make a lot of seats, but they basically will just be renting and its probably the right amount of seats for them.

Rams Fan
02-16-2012, 05:04 PM
I think it would work out fine for them. Its one thing to build an arena for yourself where you don't make a lot of seats, but they basically will just be renting and its probably the right amount of seats for them.

Eh, I disagree.

The Isles have a good GM in place in Garth Snow. When the Isles start to win, they'll have a larger crowd.

NJChiefsFan
02-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Eh, I disagree.

The Isles have a good GM in place in Garth Snow. When the Isles start to win, they'll have a larger crowd.

Maybe, maybe not. As a fan of a hockey team in this area that has won for 18 years, its hard to draw when you are in the same region as 3 other hockey teams. Especially when two of the are in the cities of PHI and NY.

The Devils get ragged for their fanbase, but if the Rangers and Flyers didn't exist and half of those fans were Devil fans(in the state of NJ) then the fan base would probably triple. On a Devils note, part of NJ doesn't even get the Devils, just the Flyers.

The Poz
02-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Don't forget about Hamilton Ontario. They currently have an 18K+ arena and would sell out every night. It's where Jim Basille wanted to move Phoenix.
Hamilton is about 45 min South of Toronto.

chiefs1111
02-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Flyers win 7-2 over the Sabres after falling behind 2-0. Also traded for Nik Grossman from the Stars for draft picks.

NJChiefsFan
02-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Flyers win 7-2 over the Sabres after falling behind 2-0. Also traded for Nik Grossman from the Stars for draft picks.

2nd and a 3rd a little steep if you ask me, not that you did.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Didn't watch the Blues game, but I just don't think a team that commited only 5 penalties is putting in the effort necessary. Always told my Jr. Hockey league team that anything less than 2 penalties per period is a lack of intensity and completely unacceptable.

Pushead2
02-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Eh, I disagree.

You can't be serious right?? :spock:

Rams Fan
02-16-2012, 11:55 PM
You can't be serious right?? :spock:

Montoya, Grabner, Parenteau are all guys that were underlooked that he gave a shot to.

DiPietro's contract was on Wang.

Pushead2
02-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Montoya, Grabner, Parenteau are all guys that were underlooked that he gave a shot to.

I feel like his best moves at GM was to wrap up Matt Moulson for an extension and keeping Streit. Tavares was a no brainer to take at one spot & Parenteau is the only one I'll give you from above. He has a great sense of when & where to dish the puck.

Grabner has amazing speed but can't finish for the life of him. He could have easily had 40+ goals last year if he could learn how to finish. This year is no different. 15 goals and could easily be in the high 20s this deep into this season.

Montoya is nothing to ride home on. Could be a starter but then again so Mike Smith. Needs some time to be considered a real good transaction for Snow.

The team has been in the cellar for 4 out of 5 years, he can't build a competitive team for the most part, doesn't recognize when he loses a player you NEED to replace or upgrade, has traded players for not such great returns etc.

A "D+ or C-" GM for sure.

And DiPetro was Snow.
"On September 12, 2006, Snow gave goalie Rick DiPietro a fifteen year, $67.5 million contract."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2584306

Predarat
02-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Don't forget about Hamilton Ontario. They currently have an 18K+ arena and would sell out every night. It's where Jim Basille wanted to move Phoenix.
Hamilton is about 45 min South of Toronto.

Basille can **** off. But if he doen't own it, that would not be a bad place to put a team, the Leafs sell out every game with plenty of folks on the waiting list.

The Poz
02-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Basille can **** off. But if he doen't own it, that would not be a bad place to put a team, the Leafs sell out every game with plenty of folks on the waiting list.

I live downtown and unless you know someone with season tickets you can't get a nosebleed ticket on a Tuesday night game against someone as useless as Carolina or Columbus for under $100. It ridiculous. Southern Ontario (between T.O. and Niagara) could support 6 teams easily. Asshole Bettman will never let this happen. He can go f*ck himself. :mad:

Pushead2
02-17-2012, 09:11 AM
I live downtown and unless you know someone with season tickets you can't get a nosebleed ticket on a Tuesday night game against someone as useless as Carolina or Columbus for under $100. It ridiculous. Southern Ontario (between T.O. and Niagara) could support 6 teams easily. Asshole Bettman will never let this happen. He can go f*ck himself. :mad:

I concur, its no different than the Islanders to the Rangers or Ducks to the Kings.

Predarat
02-17-2012, 11:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Predarat5/rwsman.gif

Predarat
02-17-2012, 12:45 PM
"Big" trade for the Preds today, as in 6ft7 240 lbs in Hal Gill. Sucks to see Geofffrion go though.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617470

Bearcat
02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
"Big" trade for the Preds today, as in 6ft7 240 lbs in Hal Gill. Sucks to see Geofffrion go though.

Nice... makes the Suter saga a little more interesting. :hmmm:

The Poz
02-17-2012, 01:07 PM

Meh, he plays like he's 5'9.

Predarat
02-17-2012, 01:13 PM
They say he clears the crease well and is good on the penalty kill, they need a guy like that for sure. Rinne gets killed sometimes.

DaFace
02-17-2012, 04:33 PM
I always have trouble getting called for this.

http://i.imgur.com/anlN9.jpg

NJChiefsFan
02-17-2012, 09:39 PM
I always have trouble getting called for this.

http://i.imgur.com/anlN9.jpg

He looks like the one recieving that unique penalty, not the one giving it.

DJ's left nut
02-17-2012, 09:48 PM
They say he clears the crease well and is good on the penalty kill, they need a guy like that for sure. Rinne gets killed sometimes.

Rinne will still get killed. Gill will skate in just in time to get a good look at it.

That dude is sllllloooooooowwwwww.

There was discussion about the Blues getting him - I'm glad they didn't. The market is really out of whack right now for 'gritty' defensemen and the Blues have a better fit anyway in Ian Cole.

DJ's left nut
02-17-2012, 09:51 PM

Montoya appears to be horrible.

I've seen him play a couple times this year and he's just lazy between the pipes. At best he's a marginal backup.

Look at it this way - Snow gave Montoya more money than Brian Elliot got, as well as an NHL contract (instead of Elliot's 2-way deal). The Blues got an All-Star netminder, the Islanders got an okay backup.

The former gets you credit for giving an underlooked guy a shot; the latter is just finding some roster filler. So sure, you could say "he gave Montoya a shot". Or you could say (even more accurately), he chose to keep Al Montoya on his team instead of signing Brian Elliot.

Snow has been, at best, an average GM and even that might be generous.

Bearcat
02-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Goal or no goal?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ocSf3LibOOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJ's left nut
02-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Goal or no goal?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ocSf3LibOOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have no idea what they called it so I'll see if I'm right here - but that's a goal to me.

His foot started out well before the puck got there and then stayed in the same path after contact as he was skating through. There was no 'kicking' motion there; just a fortunate deflection off the skate as the skater came through the scrum.

Bearcat
02-18-2012, 12:09 AM
I have no idea what they called it so I'll see if I'm right here - but that's a goal to me.

His foot started out well before the puck got there and then stayed in the same path after contact as he was skating through. There was no 'kicking' motion there; just a fortunate deflection off the skate as the skater came through the scrum.

The idiots waved it off, and that goal would have tied it with a few minutes left in the 3rd period.

I don't think it's even questionable... there's no kicking motion, and even if the interpretation of the rule varies from college to the NHL, I don't see why it's not a goal.

KC_Connection
02-18-2012, 03:52 AM
Goal or no goal?

Should be a goal, that isn't a kick.

Pushead2
02-18-2012, 04:09 AM
Kind of torn on the Getzlaf no call against the Devils last night. Could have gone either way.

Bearcat
02-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Kind of torn on the Getzlaf no call against the Devils last night. Could have gone either way.

He kicked it at the last second... too bad, since it doesn't look like he had to.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OQe6kxggTME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bearcat
02-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Oh, Bryzgalov, could you make a big save every once in a while?

chiefs1111
02-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Different year,same problem for the Flyers. Poor goalie play.

OnTheWarpath58
02-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Another shutout win for the Blues, but possibly at a huge cost.

Fucking referees should be disciplined for that fucking abortion. They completely let that game get out of hand. Saw it coming once the Blues took a 3-0 lead. Minnesota is a desperate and often dirty hockey team.

Sure enough, Petro takes a flying elbow to the head, and then late in the game, Backes gets cross-checked in the face, Perron takes a nasty two-hander to the back of the legs, and Elliott gets plowed into his own goal.

Hope the Captain is OK and this sparks the guys tomorrow in Chicago.

Rams Fan
02-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Reaves, Jackman, and Sobotka all scored in the same game.

The Apocalypse is upon us.

NJChiefsFan
02-18-2012, 03:25 PM

Maybe I am biased since it was against my team, but to me he clearly takes his ankle and uses it to move his skate towards the puck. Blade moves clearly towards the ouck. Since the call on the ice was a goal I can understand who there was some drama, but I think on its own it was somewhat clear. Again, maybe I am not the most unbiased eyes on that play.

It is pretty funny how close the Ducks season is from the Devils last season. You guys are 14-2-4 over 20 and the Devils went 23-2-3 during a stretch starting almost the same day yours did. The issue is going to be how you play once you cool off a little. Once the Devils did they really hit a wall. They didn't have Parise, atleast you have your weapons so you don't have to depend on one or two guys.

Ironic that Brookbank finally gets his goal against NJ his old team. Always like watching the two NJ boys, Ryan and Parros.

chiefs1111
02-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Flyers have apparently traded for Pavel Kubina for a 2nd and 5th round pick. Also rumor going around they are making a hard push for Nash.

NJChiefsFan
02-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Flyers have apparently traded for Pavel Kubina for a 2nd and 5th round pick. Also rumor going around they are making a hard push for Nash.

LeBrun said Columbus wants JVB, Scheen, Bob, or Couturier. I am not sure what that means since it can imply that they just want one or that they want the first two and one of the last two. Either way I hope PHI does it. Stretch themselves thin all they want.

chiefs1111
02-18-2012, 07:51 PM
LeBrun said Columbus wants JVB, Scheen, Bob, or Couturier. I am not sure what that means since it can imply that they just want one or that they want the first two and one of the last two. Either way I hope PHI does it. Stretch themselves thin all they want.

There is another deal floating around would be Nash,Mason and another forward from Columbus for JVR,Coburn and a draft pick. Id rather see that deal even though Mason sucks. Id rather not lose Scheen or Couturier. In the end though,I don't see either deal happening. I think Nash ends up somewhere else.

NJChiefsFan
02-18-2012, 08:25 PM
There is another deal floating around would be Nash,Mason and another forward from Columbus for JVR,Coburn and a draft pick. Id rather see that deal even though Mason sucks. Id rather not lose Scheen or Couturier. In the end though,I don't see either deal happening. I think Nash ends up somewhere else.

That one is atleast somewhat reasonable for PHI.

I personally think L.A. gets him. Something like Bernier and Jack Johnson for Nash.

DJ's left nut
02-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Just watched the clips from the Wild game.

What....the.....fuck?

If the Wild had done that to the Red Wings, Shanahan would actually dissolve the team and probably have Clutterbuck executed. Jesus Christ, WTF was their problem?

Fuck those guys. They knew this was the last game of the season between the two teams and that garbage team of theirs is going to end up in the bottom 5 in the NHL before all is said and done so they decided to go around throwing elbows and swinging sticks.

I hope some guys have some really long memories and that that garbage doesn't go unchecked next season. That was completely unacceptable.

chiefs1111
02-18-2012, 09:07 PM
That one is atleast somewhat reasonable for PHI.

I personally think L.A. gets him. Something like Bernier and Jack Johnson for Nash.

That is where I think he goes as well.

KCtotheSB
02-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Kings just got shutout again, 1-0. No way they don't make a major move towards getting Nash. That offense is anemic right now.

DaFace
02-18-2012, 11:41 PM

What....the.....fuck?

If the Wild had done that to the Red Wings, Shanahan would actually dissolve the team and probably have Clutterbuck executed. Jesus Christ, WTF was their problem?

Fuck those guys. They knew this was the last game of the season between the two teams and that garbage team of theirs is going to end up in the bottom 5 in the NHL before all is said and done so they decided to go around throwing elbows and swinging sticks.

I hope some guys have some really long memories and that that garbage doesn't go unchecked next season. That was completely unacceptable.

I haven't watched any of them, but Minnesota is easily my least-favorite NHL team. Their playing style is shit, and their players are shittier.

OnTheWarpath58
02-19-2012, 06:58 AM

What....the.....fuck?

According to Andy Strickland, Clutterbuck yelled "I hope you get another concussion" to McDonald from the bench. Stay classy.

I'm guessing Clutterbuck and Peters will both have some explaining to do in the next 24 hours or so.

Nice two-handed slash goes completely undetected at the :15 second mark as well.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2tJNQn8gPM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2tJNQn8gPM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Here's Clutterbuck's shot on Petro. Can't find a clip of him running Elliott.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oyHhc5Vp9OY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oyHhc5Vp9OY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

KCinNY
02-19-2012, 07:46 AM
The Wild are the West's uber-punks.

Pulling that shit after getting dominated in their last meeting of the season...knowing there will be no possible retribution since their sorry asses will miss the playoffs.

The Twin Cities must be proud. Herb Brooks should be spinning in his grave.

OnTheWarpath58
02-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Completely blew one today. This team will do nothing in the playoffs if they don't start playing with some fire on the road.

Pushead2
02-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Great shutout for Hiller. Ducks now 5pts out of the 8th spot. Closest they've been since November 19.

DJ's left nut
02-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Completely blew one today. This team will do nothing in the playoffs if they don't start playing with some fire on the road.

They're going to lose in 6 to the Predators and I'll be shocked if they score more than 8 goals in those 6 games.

I don't understand how Army can look at this team and think they are playoff ready. Oh, and I hope they get Chris Stewart out of here on the next available bus. Sell low, I don't even care; just get him the !@#$ out of St. Louis. What a worthless, floating jackass that guy is. He makes Jim Campbell and Marty Reasoner look hardcore.

OnTheWarpath58
02-19-2012, 08:24 PM
They're going to lose in 6 to the Predators and I'll be shocked if they score more than 8 goals in those 6 games.

I don't understand how Army can look at this team and think they are playoff ready. Oh, and I hope they get Chris Stewart out of here on the next available bus. Sell low, I don't even care; just get him the !@#$ out of St. Louis. What a worthless, floating jackass that guy is. He makes Jim Campbell and Marty Reasoner look hardcore.

Yeah, the next time I see Stewart lose a battle in the corner to a guy 3 inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter, I hope he's wearing a different sweater.

Not sure what happened to that kid, but he's playing like a fucking pussy.

DJ's left nut
02-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah, the next time I see Stewart lose a battle in the corner to a guy 3 inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter, I hope he's wearing a different sweater.

Not sure what happened to that kid, but he's playing like a fucking pussy.

I think I've seen the blue line knock him off the puck a couple times this year.

I thought only Eastern European players knew how to play that disinterested. Well, Euros and Valeri Bure (still can't believe he gets to nail the Full House chick...bastard)

Demonpenz
02-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Penguins got killed today.

DJ's left nut
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Penguins got killed today.

Look at the bright side - Crosby didn't get his brains scrambled again today.

I figure any day that goes by where Crosby isn't reduced to a quivering mass of black and yellow humanity is a good one for you fellas. Afterall, do you really care about the regular season at this point? The Pens are making the playoffs and likely going to win their division. If Crosby is alive and kicking come playoff time, you have the best team in the NHL and should be the Cup favorites.

So sure, you got your ass kicked - but you're a day closer to having Sidney Crosby back. So ultimately, there's no such thing as a bad day in Pensland.

Well, except for those days where Sid is reduced to a quivering mass of black and yellow humanity, but I digress...

Demonpenz
02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
That is true, but I want the pens do do well on Weekend games because I get to watch them.

Predarat
02-19-2012, 09:37 PM
I hate the fucking wild too, bunch of bastards. Hope they miss the playoffs. Good win for Preds, rare win in Dallas. They do not win there much.

Discuss Thrower
02-20-2012, 12:58 AM
I might be a sham of a Blues fan, but is it just me thinking the Blues cannot win a game that matters at this point?

NJChiefsFan
02-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Afterall, do you really care about the regular season at this point? The Pens are making the playoffs and likely going to win their division. ]...

Likely to win the division? They currently sit in 4th in the Atlantic. They can easily jump to 2nd with a few points but the Rangers and Devils are both playing well right now and you have Philly at all. I don't see how its likely PIT wins it. At this point anything other than the Rangers being likely to win it doesn't make sense, and it really pains me to say that. If it isn't the toughest division in hockey, it sure is #2.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-20-2012, 09:23 AM
I might be a sham of a Blues fan, but is it just me thinking the Blues cannot win a game that matters at this point?

With homecookin, yes they can. Road games, I have no confidence in.

Predarat
02-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Trade deadline, less then a week away. Hope the Preds can get a forward.

Pushead2
02-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Lecavalier out indefinitely.

KC_Lee
02-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Trade deadline, less then a week away. Hope the Preds can get a forward.

Bad feeling it's going to be another blueliner.

Predarat
02-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Bad feeling it's going to be another blueliner.

hahaha that would not surprise me one litte bit. Its the Poile way, and he just got extended.

Bearcat
02-21-2012, 02:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7599166/source-detroit-red-wings-land-kyle-quincey-three-team-trade

Source: Wings get Kyle Quincey

The Detroit Red Wings have landed Colorado Avalanche defenseman Kyle Quincey in a three-team deal with the Tampa Bay Lightning, a source confirmed to ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.

In exchange for Quincey, the Avs received Lightning right wing Steve Downie and Detroit sent minor-leaguer Sebastien Piche and its first-round pick in 2012 to Tampa Bay, the source said.

Quincey, who has 18 assists and 23 points through 52 games this year, is on pace for his second-best season since entering the NHL on a full-time basis in 2008 with Los Angeles.

Detroit originally drafted Quincey 132nd overall in 2003.

The 24-year-old Downie has 12 goals and 16 assists this season for Tampa Bay.

Tampa Bay and Colorado entered Tuesday in 11th place in their respective conferences, while Detroit has the best record in the league.

Downie and Quincey are set to become restricted free agents July 1.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Damn Wings...

Predarat
02-21-2012, 02:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Predarat5/fudge-1.jpg

Rams Fan
02-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Army can't stand pat at the deadline.

DaFace
02-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Meh. The Avs need help at wing, and we're long on defensemen. I hate to see Quincey go, but on paper, it seems like a decent move.

chiefs1111
02-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Flyers win another wild game versus the Jets 5-4 in overtime. 56 shots on goal for the Flyers.

Predarat
02-23-2012, 12:57 PM
4 point game tonight in Nashville vs STL. Blues will probably be playing angry, should be entertaining!

Saulbadguy
02-23-2012, 08:16 PM
shootout, omg.

Saulbadguy
02-23-2012, 08:23 PM
ALEXANDRE BURROWS ENDS THE STREAK!!

Bearcat
02-23-2012, 08:26 PM
ALEXANDRE BURROWS ENDS THE STREAK!!

DIE RED WING SCUM!!!

The Poz
02-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Jeff Carter to the Kings for Jack Johnson and a 1st.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388691

DJ's left nut
02-23-2012, 09:06 PM

Unbelievable.

Stay out of the trade market, Army. When Jeff Carter and that God-awful contract (and track-record of half-assing it) are going for a young, top-pairing blue-liner AND a first round pick, just stay away.

It's like the starting point in these negotiations is a 2nd rounder. Put a pair of skates on a corpse, call him a stay at home defenseman and you'll end up getting back no worse than pick 55 in the draft next year. The Blues should actually put Chris Stewart on the block and see what they can get for him. I know we're looking at a seller's market and we should really be buying, but if we can get a 1st rounder and a good young player for him, it's not like he's going to do !@#$ for us anyway so let's dump his useless ass in a great trader's market.

P.S. Suck my balls, Rinne.

Predarat
02-23-2012, 09:55 PM
The Blues got em tonight. If the Blues played the whole game the way the played the 1st the Preds would not have even gotten a point. Those two teams seem destined for a 7 game playoff series.

DJ's left nut
02-23-2012, 09:58 PM
The Blues got em tonight. If the Blues played the whole game the way the played the 1st the Preds would not have even gotten a point. Those two teams seem destined for a 7 game playoff series.

-3 goals will be scored.

Predarat
02-23-2012, 10:06 PM
-3 goals will be scored.

hahah would not surprise me with those two.

chiefs1111
02-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Flyers lose 2-0 to the Oilers tonight. Disappointing

KCtotheSB
02-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Flyers lose 2-0 to the Oilers tonight. Disappointing

I wholeheartedly disagree. :)

Bearcat
02-24-2012, 07:25 AM

Ha... guess it's not that surprising, since Columbus held all the cards in that deal. They could play hardball with any offers for Nash, knowing the Kings were desperate and that plan B was Jeff Carter.

Jeff and Dustin should have breakfast soon.

Pushead2
02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
I think that Dustin Brown would be a good fit for the Rangers. Grinder, can put up points and he's everything Dubinsky SHOULD be.

As a Ducks fan I still don't worry about the Kings or the Sharks when they make these trades. Year in, year out they make these trades. Now they have three centers with Kopitar, Carter & Richards.

I also believe that Jack Johnson was a better all around D-Man than Doughty. I think Columbus took a step in the right direction here.

NJChiefsFan
02-24-2012, 10:19 AM
I wholeheartedly disagree. :)

Haha I agree as well.

KCtotheSB
02-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm just going to leave this here. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgI67-Uu2t0&feature=player_embedded

DaFace
02-25-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm just going to leave this here. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgI67-Uu2t0&feature=player_embedded

I saw that. Pure insanity. Embedded for the lazy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DgI67-Uu2t0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rams Fan
02-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Halak for the fucking win.

The win today vs Winnipeg is all on him. The D played liked shit.

Pushead2
02-25-2012, 05:30 PM
I saw that. Pure insanity. Embedded for the lazy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DgI67-Uu2t0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

straight nasty...

DaFace
02-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice W for the Avs. I was getting worried in the 3rd, but a win is a win against the Wings.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat
02-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Nice W for the Avs. I was getting worried in the 3rd, but a win is a win against the Wings.
Posted via Mobile Device

I should have recorded it... they're all of a sudden playing pretty well (even though the Kings didn't really bother showing up last night and the other game was Columbus)

chiefs1111
02-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Bryz is the Matt Cassel of goalies just awful

chiefs1111
02-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Flyers came back and won in a shootout 5-4. That being said they need to do something before the deadline to help this goalie situation.

Demonpenz
02-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Malkin scored 100 points in one game...fact

Predarat
02-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Looks like the AVS are going for the last few playoff spots, and that may take some players off the tradable list.

DaFace
02-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Looks like the AVS are going for the last few playoff spots, and that may take some players off the tradable list.

I'm OK with that. I'd be pissed if they traded Jones. He's pretty inconsistent sometimes, but I've always loved his style.

DaFace
02-26-2012, 11:35 AM
I should have recorded it... they're all of a sudden playing pretty well (even though the Kings didn't really bother showing up last night and the other game was Columbus)

It was a nice showing. They really dominated the first two periods (though Jones shorthanded goal was a bit lucky as a penalty probably should've been called). They almost lost it in the third, but 1) they played the night before, 2) Hejduk was out, 3) they were playing the Wings, who ALWAYS seem to make it close in the end, and 4) they were at the Joe, where Detroit hadn't lose in regulation since early November. I think that adds up to a damn fine performance.

DJ's left nut
02-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Bishop traded to the sens for a 2nd rounder.

Nice return for a guy the blues would have lost on the offseason. The draft is supposed to be pretty deep this year, so that pick may end up pretty handy.

Rams Fan
02-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Bishop traded to the sens for a 2nd rounder.

Nice return for a guy the blues would have lost on the offseason. The draft is supposed to be pretty deep this year, so that pick may end up pretty handy.

It's a pick in the 2013 draft. The 2012 draft has elite talent at top, and is mediocre for the most part after that.

2013 is supposed to be better.

Predarat
02-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Preds get a deal done for Andrei Kostitsyn and give up a 2nd in 2013 and give back the 5th from the Gill trade:

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=388965

The Poz
02-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Here's the tracker for those interested.

http://www.tsn.ca/window/tradetracker2012/

Predarat
02-27-2012, 11:42 AM
So far the Preds have made the best deal. For once. The day is not over yet though, it been damn quiet.

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Bryz is the Matt Cassel of goalies just awful

except Bryz has a ring & looked stellar in the first round of that Cup run.

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Pahlsson to the Canucks. Amazing pickup for them.

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Oduya to the Hawks.

Bearcat
02-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Daniel Winnik and TJ Galiardi to the Sharks for....

TBA. :doh!:

DaFace
02-27-2012, 12:15 PM

Just depends on what the TBA is. Both of those guys are OK, but nothing to get excited about.

Bearcat
02-27-2012, 12:15 PM

Jamie McGinn and Mike Connolly to the Avalanche.

DaFace
02-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Jamie McGinn and Mike Connolly to the Avalanche.

...and Michael Sgarbossa apparently (according to Adrian Dater's twitter).

Bearcat
02-27-2012, 12:17 PM
...and Michael Sgarbossa apparently (according to Adrian Dater's twitter).

Yes... guess I could have waited 60 seconds for the trade tracker to update. :)

DaFace
02-27-2012, 12:26 PM
I have trouble keeping track of other teams' guys, but we shipped out Winnik (LW, 18 points, -11) and Gally (LW, 14 points, -6) for McGinn (LW, 24 points, +1) and a couple of prospect forwards. Sounds, generally, like a fair trade to me.

EDIT: Here's Mike Chambers' analysis:

http://denverpost.com/avalanche/

The Avalanche today traded forwards Daniel Winnik and TJ Galiardi to the San Jose Sharks for forward Jamie McGinn, 23, and two prospects, forwards Michael Sgarbossa (Ontario Hockey League) and Mike Connolly (American Hockey League).

Quick thoughts: McGinn is an up-and-coming youngster, Sgarbossa is tearing it up in the O and Connolly was the best forward for NCAA-champion Minnesota-Duluth last season. Galiardi and Winnik will be missed, no doubt. Great, great guys.

McGinn has played in all 61 games for the Sharks this season, with 12 goals and 24 points and plus-1 rating. Sgarbossa, a 19-year-old center, has 41 goals and 84 points in 57 games with thee Sudbury Wolves of the OHL. Connolly, 22, is a first-year pro who led Minnesota-Duluth to the NCAA championship in April as a junior. He has 10 goals and 30 points in 40 games for the Worcester Sharks of the AHL.

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 12:29 PM
I have trouble keeping track of other teams' guys, but we shipped out Winnik (LW, 18 points, -11) and Gally (LW, 14 points, -6) for McGinn (LW, 24 points, +1) and a couple of prospect forwards. Sounds, generally, like a fair trade to me.

EDIT: Here's Mike Chambers' analysis:

http://denverpost.com/avalanche/

Sharks didn't care about numbers. They want toughness.

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Roloston & Mottau to the Bruins.

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Gaustad to the Preds

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Nashville has had a good trade deadline.

Predarat
02-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Gaustad to the Preds

Loved that news! Not sure what the gave up for him yet. They wanted a 1st but since it went to the last minute hope they got him for less.

Bearcat
02-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Good day for the Preds... they're saying the Red Wings wanted Gaustad, so it's a win-win for Nashville.

Sucks to be Rick Nash right now, but I don't blame Columbus for seeking more than he's worth right now.

I thought the Blackhawks and Kings would be more active, but I know there aren't many sellers this year.

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Zannon to the Bruins

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Good day for the Preds... they're saying the Red Wings wanted Gaustad, so it's a win-win for Nashville.

Sucks to be Rick Nash right now, but I don't blame Columbus for seeking more than he's worth right now.

I thought the Blackhawks and Kings would be more active, but I know there aren't many sellers this year.

He's had a horrible year and they asked for the world. Imagine when he has a monster year.

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Loved that news! Not sure what the gave up for him yet. They wanted a 1st but since it went to the last minute hope they got him for less.

just picks. 1st round & get a 4th in return

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 01:17 PM
John Scott to the Rangers

Predarat
02-27-2012, 01:20 PM
just picks. 1st round & get a 4th in return

Not sure if I like that as much as I did, I think he is a UFA at the end of the season.

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 01:23 PM
this John Scott move for the Rangers is an odd move.

Predarat
02-27-2012, 02:12 PM
If the Preds get Weber or Suter to sign long term deals, the 1st rounder is probably worth it, if they get them both it is definatly worth it by a mile or more.

DaFace
02-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Avs are actually starting to look a little scary. Hope they can keep it up.

Demonpenz
02-27-2012, 09:55 PM
the trade deadline was a story of the Avs and the Av nots

Pushead2
02-27-2012, 11:14 PM
great ass kicking by the Avs. Took it to us.

Predarat
02-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Holy shit, it looks like the Blues are ahead of the Red Wings for the Central. And I was calling Hitch a retread and shit like that.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-28-2012, 12:10 PM
:D Pass those bastards. Vancouver still up 2 for the overall lead.

Predarat
03-03-2012, 10:36 AM
It almost looks like whoever gets the 6th seed is in a better spot then the 4 or 5 seeds. That 4vs5 matchup is going to be a battle to the death. The Pacific division is looking kind of shitty.

NJChiefsFan
03-03-2012, 05:20 PM
If the Preds get Weber or Suter to sign long term deals, the 1st rounder is probably worth it, if they get them both it is definatly worth it by a mile or more.

I agree. I liked what they did. Always like watching them and how they play in the playoffs. If the Devils get knocked out they will be the team I root for.

It almost looks like whoever gets the 6th seed is in a better spot then the 4 or 5 seeds. That 4vs5 matchup is going to be a battle to the death. The Pacific division is looking kind of shitty.

Same in the East. I almost think it might be better for NJ to finish at 6. You never know though. Teams get hot at the end and can be more dangerous than overall better teams. Plus if you are looking at the 2nd round you would rather be the 4 seed in case the 2 seed gets upset.

Avs are actually starting to look a little scary. Hope they can keep it up.

Also looks like, as of now, its Landeskog or Henrique for the Calder. Can't count out Read or Hopkins if he gets healthy.

The Poz
03-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Cherry is a bit nuts but he's on the ball here.

Don Cherry Blasts Brian Burke: Leafs General Manager Criticized On Coach's Corner
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/03/03/don-cherry-brian-burke_n_1318922.html?ref=canada

The Poz
03-04-2012, 12:24 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iEQF0Pts4aY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predarat
03-04-2012, 08:28 AM
That is such a sad story at the end.

Bearcat
03-06-2012, 08:41 PM
McGinn and Downie seem to be working out well.

The Wild have been outscored 12-0 in the past 3 games.... er, 13-0. LMAO

chiefs1111
03-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Flyers beat the Wings 3-2 tonight.

Bearcat
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Flyers beat the Wings 3-2 tonight.

Good game... Bryzgalov made some big saves.

Preds/Kings was good, too... Kings are scoring more lately.

DJ's left nut
03-06-2012, 10:03 PM
The Blues absolutely dominated the Blackhawks tonight; 5-1 and really the game wasn't even that close.

If they play like that, they can beat anyone in any arena.

I know better than to get my hopes up; afterall it's the Blues we're talking about - but that was a Cup caliber effort right there.

RockChalk
03-07-2012, 06:25 AM
The Blues absolutely dominated the Blackhawks tonight; 5-1 and really the game wasn't even that close.

If they play like that, they can beat anyone in any arena.

I know better than to get my hopes up; afterall it's the Blues we're talking about - but that was a Cup caliber effort right there.

They've been playing pretty damn good lately.

Wings lost, as did the Canucks. Currently #1 in the West

Predarat
03-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Wow the Preds score alot for once, but D and Goaltending fail them. Very odd night!

chiefs1111
03-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Flyers shutout the Panthers 5-0. Bryzgalov has been playing well lately,I hope it continues.

DJ's left nut
03-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Hey Ducks fan:

Suck it.

Predarat
03-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Awesome win for the Preds last night, always good to beat the Red Wings! But the Blues keep the fire going, and will probably win today too.

OnTheWarpath58
03-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Awesome win for the Preds last night, always good to beat the Red Wings! But the Blues keep the fire going, and will probably win today too.

Yeah, thanks for that last night. Hopefully we can keep hold of the Central, and let you guys and Detroit beat the living shit out of each other in the first round.

And tonight's game in Columbus should be interesting. I was at the game last night, and things got pretty chippy at the end - Columbus took some liberties late in a 4-1 game that the Blues didn't appreciate. Fully expect Reaves to get in a scrap early - that is if anyone is willing to go - guys were avoiding him like the plague last night.

Predarat
03-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Yeah, thanks for that last night. Hopefully we can keep hold of the Central, and let you guys and Detroit beat the living shit out of each other in the first round.

And tonight's game in Columbus should be interesting. I was at the game last night, and things got pretty chippy at the end - Columbus took some liberties late in a 4-1 game that the Blues didn't appreciate. Fully expect Reaves to get in a scrap early - that is if anyone is willing to go - guys were avoiding him like the plague last night.

Typical Columbus Bullshit, they can't make the playoffs so they try to injure those who can.

KCtotheSB
03-11-2012, 11:15 AM
The Penguins are making the Bruins their bitch. Nice way to get away from the Manning saga for about three hours.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2012, 11:17 AM

HA!

Detroit beat the shit of anyone...that's rich. Though if the Predators dare to knock around the Wings at all in the first round, Shanahan will likely just suspend the team and award the Wings with a series win by default.

I'm really really starting to hate that man.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Typical Columbus Bullshit, they can't make the playoffs so they try to injure those who can.

Eh, that's Minnesota bullshit.

I've generally found Columbus to be pretty harmless.

Predarat
03-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Eh, that's Minnesota bullshit.

I've generally found Columbus to be pretty harmless.

hahah MinneChoka. I bet they wish it was possible to fire their ownership.

DaFace
03-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Avs are gonna take this down to the very last game it seems. They're doing enough to keep up with the pack, but can't seem to put it together consistently enough to pull away. It's gonna be pretty disappointing if they miss out, but the coming week should tell us a lot about where we are.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 08:48 AM
So, Blues fans - are we good?

I...uh...I think we might be good? I'm not sure exactly how much I will ever truly trust this team to be good...but it doesn't seem impossible. Like, maybe we're not just getting lucky but instead could have a chance at this thing.

I really do think this is what it feels like to be a Cubs fan.

RockChalk
03-12-2012, 11:33 AM
So, Blues fans - are we good?

I...uh...I think we might be good? I'm not sure exactly how much I will ever truly trust this team to be good...but it doesn't seem impossible. Like, maybe we're not just getting lucky but instead could have a chance at this thing.

I really do think this is what it feels like to be a Cubs fan.

I don't want to believe, but dammit, we sure do look good. Especially lately. Are we peaking at the right time?

Getting some fantastic goalkeeping out of Halak, and if Elliot slips out of his funk, all the better. Defense is playing well together. McDonald has really added something to the O.

Only true weak spot has been a lackluster power play.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 11:47 AM
I don't want to believe, but dammit, we sure do look good. Especially lately. Are we peaking at the right time?

Getting some fantastic goalkeeping out of Halak, and if Elliot slips out of his funk, all the better. Defense is playing well together. McDonald has really added something to the O.

Only true weak spot has been a lackluster power play.

The power play has been strong for a month or so. Not elite, but above average.

I've been saying that we'll have the most talented overall group of forwards in the NHL once Steen and D'ags come back, but I've given up on getting Steen back. I've been combing everywhere looking for news on Steen but it's just dead - there's nothing there.

In this case, no news is bad news. We're running out of time to get him back and frankly it's starting to look more like a McDonald situation than anything. Perhaps not as bad as Perron, but because of the timing of it, I just don't see him back before the post-season wraps up.

It's a damn shame - dude was a +20 in 36 games, the first 13 of those were under the lack-luster Payne regime. He was a gifted scorer, smart passer and great defensive player. He was essentially a more consistent, though perhaps less dynamic TJ Oshie.

Getting him back, along with a nice little 3rd line scorer in D'ags would make us damn tough to beat. And (as ever), if Stewart and Berglund could just play to their !@#$ing ability, we'd be a juggernaut. Then again, those 2 have both made some great plays over the last few days...dare we hope?

In either event, we should probably just presume we won't see Steen again until October.

Jerm
03-12-2012, 11:49 AM
It's amazing how much better the Blues have been under Hitchcock...esp. the special teams.

Come playoff time it'll be down to Halak and Elliot...you go as far as your goaltending. Hopefully Halak has another Montreal esque run this year.

RockChalk
03-12-2012, 11:55 AM
The power play has been strong for a month or so. Not elite, but above average.

I've been saying that we'll have the most talented overall group of forwards in the NHL once Steen and D'ags come back, but I've given up on getting Steen back. I've been combing everywhere looking for news on Steen but it's just dead - there's nothing there.

In this case, no news is bad news. We're running out of time to get him back and frankly it's starting to look more like a McDonald situation than anything. Perhaps not as bad as Perron, but because of the timing of it, I just don't see him back before the post-season wraps up.

It's a damn shame - dude was a +20 in 36 games, the first 13 of those were under the lack-luster Payne regime. He was a gifted scorer, smart passer and great defensive player. He was essentially a more consistent, though perhaps less dynamic TJ Oshie.

Getting him back, along with a nice little 3rd line scorer in D'ags would make us damn tough to beat. And (as ever), if Stewart and Berglund could just play to their !@#$ing ability, we'd be a juggernaut. Then again, those 2 have both made some great plays over the last few days...dare we hope?

In either event, we should probably just presume we won't see Steen again until October.

My friend seems to think Steen will be back towards the end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath.

I guess with the PowerPlay, I was just thinking it doesn't really stand out. You are correct, it has been better lately. When watching, I always seem to feel like our opponent has better looking PP's than we do, but the statistics would tell the opposite. I think we're Top10 in PK %

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 12:02 PM
My friend seems to think Steen will be back towards the end of the month, but I'm not holding my breath.

I guess with the PowerPlay, I was just thinking it doesn't really stand out. You are correct, it has been better lately. When watching, I always seem to feel like our opponent has better looking PP's than we do, but the statistics would tell the opposite. I think we're Top10 in PK %

Seeing as how we haven't given up a PP goal in, I think, 13 games now, I'm guessing our opponents haven't been having better PPs than us of late.

Jerm
03-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Wow the Blues signed Schwartz to an entry level deal and he's being promoted straight to the NHL and will join up in Chicago tomorrow.

AWESOME.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Wow the Blues signed Schwartz to an entry level deal and he's being promoted straight to the NHL and will join up in Chicago tomorrow.

AWESOME.

Oh.

Well.

Thats....

....uh.

Look, I'm not going to lie. I have a RAGING erection right now.

Bearcat
03-12-2012, 09:36 PM
PBJ

Demonpenz
03-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Pens have been doing great. I didn't know the Coyotes are doing well. Gopens

Bearcat
03-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Pens have been doing great. I didn't know the Coyotes are doing well. Gopens

People in Arizona have never really noticed, either.

RockChalk
03-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Seeing as how we haven't given up a PP goal in, I think, 13 games now, I'm guessing our opponents haven't been having better PPs than us of late.

I suppose what I said was worded poorly. When watching recent PP's, I always feel the opponents get set up a little better. Hasn't resulted in goals for them, but it's just "looked" better. Maybe it's just me not wanting to fully believe we're this good :thumb:

DaFace
03-13-2012, 08:51 AM
PBJ

Agreed. They're playing great lately. Only problem is, we don't seem to be getting much help from other teams, and we're still a game or two ahead of everyone else. They're gonna have to keep the accelerator floored, or it's not gonna happen.

Bearcat
03-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Agreed. They're playing great lately. Only problem is, we don't seem to be getting much help from other teams, and we're still a game or two ahead of everyone else. They're gonna have to keep the accelerator floored, or it's not gonna happen.

Oh, Blues fans, having to explain yourselves to each other, rewording things and such...

Avalanche fan #1: Banana.
Avalanche fan #2: Exactly, and another thing....

Seriously though, they've turned a corner since picking up Downie and McGinn... it seems like everyone has picked up their game, and if nothing else, anything they accomplish this season makes the future look that much better, considering they're the youngest team in the NHL.

But, yeah, it's going to be tough to get in... they could actually get in because they're so good at the shoutout. If they were only average, they would be down around Anaheim right now. Too bad #9 in the WC can't take the 8th spot in the East... or 7th and 8th for that matter.

Bearcat
03-13-2012, 09:37 AM
Scheduling might help the Avalanche in the next week or so... the Wings and Predators (who blew a 2 goal lead in the 3rd to give the Coyotes a point last night :# ) are both on west coast trips, so even though the Kings and Coyotes and Sharks are all at home, they play the Wings, Preds, and each other quite a bit in the next week or two. The Avalanche end with 7/11 on the road though...

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Scheduling might help the Avalanche in the next week or so... the Wings and Predators (who blew a 2 goal lead in the 3rd to give the Coyotes a point last night :# ) are both on west coast trips, so even though the Kings and Coyotes and Sharks are all at home, they play the Wings, Preds, and each other quite a bit in the next week or two. The Avalanche end with 7/11 on the road though...

I hate rooting for you guys, but if you could beat up on the Wings and Preds for us, that would be great.

Predarat
03-13-2012, 10:14 AM

That pist me off too! They do not need to be doing that shit!

KCtotheSB
03-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Crosby's back on Thursday to play the Rangers in New York!
HUGE game atop the Atlantic Division.

Epic Fail 007
03-13-2012, 11:24 AM
best sport next to football,love it!

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Really cool Blues article coming out in the next SI:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1195985/1/index.htm

RockChalk
03-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks for sharing that. Enjoyed it

Predarat
03-13-2012, 02:45 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=390157&hubname=nhl-predators

The rumours about Radulov are gaining steam, part of me wants to believe it, the other part of me is:
http://stuntgranny.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/notagain.jpg

KC_Lee
03-13-2012, 02:50 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=390157&hubname=nhl-predators

The rumours about Radulov are gaining steam, part of me wants to believe it, the other part of me is:
http://stuntgranny.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/notagain.jpg

Yeah, not really sure how to feel about Radulov returning. Sure he's got talent and the Preds can always use player that can score more than on goal a game, but what line do you put him on?

And if this were 4 - 5 weeks ago I might feel a little better.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Doesn't that kinda happen every season with Radulov?

The guy should probably be about as good as Malkin to justify the crap the Predators seem to have to put up with to get him in there...

Predarat
03-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Doesn't that kinda happen every season with Radulov?

The guy should probably be about as good as Malkin to justify the crap the Predators seem to have to put up with to get him in there...

Yes it does, thus the picture. This year its gaining more steam then usual though. In past years it was alot of fans and bloggers stirring it up. Management is actually now stating its a possiblity, and his agent in the US spoke with the NHL to make sure he could come back without clearing wavers.

Predarat
03-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Yeah, not really sure how to feel about Radulov returning. Sure he's got talent and the Preds can always use player that can score more than on goal a game, but what line do you put him on?

And if this were 4 - 5 weeks ago I might feel a little better.

Yes right now they seem to be scoring plenty, they need to shore up the D. They are letting Pekka do all the work.

Otter
03-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I had no idea you go watch games live from NHL.com. Just click on "watch now" under the score.

Flyers vs Devils baby! As soon as hot Asian girls become pizza delivery standards I may never leave the house again.

OnTheWarpath58
03-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Jamal Mayers is such a bitch.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Jamal Mayers is such a bitch.

Black on black crime.

Reeves fucked him right up - it was beautiful.

And if Mayers wants to start getting chippy, this team will oblige. That's the great thing about this squad - there are plenty of guys out there more than willing to administer an ass-whupin.

This is not the team to get ornery with, Chicago - save that for those pussies in Motown.

chiefs1111
03-13-2012, 07:34 PM
I had no idea you go watch games live from NHL.com. Just click on "watch now" under the score.

Flyers vs Devils baby! As soon as hot Asian girls become pizza delivery standards I may never leave the house again.

Big win for Flyers tonight. 4th shutout in last 6th starts for Bryz.

Predarat
03-13-2012, 07:36 PM

That is one hellva suggestion!

http://f6.filesquick.com/51826/1174776103/khb_01_003_0001.jpg

Rams Fan
03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
This is possibly the best Blues team since the '99-'00 team.

Hopefully the playoffs don't turn out the same way.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 07:52 PM
This is possibly the best Blues team since the '99-'00 team.

Hopefully the playoffs don't turn out the same way.

Possibly?!?!

There's no question that this is the best Blues team since the Presidents Cup team. They've largely sucked since then.

This is possibly the best Blues team since the year of the ill-fated Garth Butcher trade.

Their size and skating ability is just unmatched right now. They aren't as skilled as some of the top teams and that may bite them in the end, but size and speed will take you a very very long way when the surface gets small come Stanley Cup time...

Rams Fan
03-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Their size and skating ability is just unmatched right now. They aren't as skilled as some of the top teams and that may bite them in the end, but size and speed will take you a very very long way when the surface gets small come Stanley Cup time...

What I love about that is that most of those players are home grown. One can question how Checketts has spent his resources, but at least the farm system has been retooled(JR is reporting that the deal with Stillman is almost done, BTW).

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 08:34 PM
I take it all back - we suck.

(We've been outclassed since this little exchange of "we're awesome" posts...)

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Fuuu*******....

We're going to lose this game.

Bearcat
03-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Watching the Blackhawks broadcast, and they were even questioning that call, since Sharp stopped and initiated contact... still a penalty, but more of a "hockey play" than an intentional hit from behind.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Watching the Blackhawks broadcast, and they were even questioning that call, since Sharp stopped and initiated contact... still a penalty, but more of a "hockey play" than an intentional hit from behind.

Yeah...I'm trying not to bitch about the calls tonight, but it sure seems like the Blues have spent a lot of time on the PK for some pretty ticky-tack calls.

Just like Backes technically ran into the goalie, but he got checked from behind into his own man and knocked off his skates into said goalie. Then he hung on the crossbar to keep from truly dropping the goalie, while getting cross-checked in the spleen 3 or 4 more times - and the Hawks get the PP.

At least the goal was on a no-brainer penalty; Shattenkirk's dumbass clear really hurt us there.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 08:55 PM
For the record, this is what I'm worried about in the playoffs.

When the Hawks got down 3-1, they simply turned it up and have had the Blues heeled ever since. Granted, the Blues look very flat all the sudden; it clearly isn't their best game - but the difference in raw offensive skill has been apparent over the last 2 periods.

(Oshie just looked into the Hawks bench through the divider, chirped at the guy that low-bridged him and called him a fucking pussy - I love that kid)

Bearcat
03-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Wings down 2-0 in LA.

Yeah, it'll tease you with a 5 minute preview before demanding money... a friend bought it for the rest of the season for like $80, so I can watch when he's not watching (it logs off extra sessions every 5 minutes or so). So far, I can't believe how the online feeds can consistently look so much better than the cable HD feeds with Center Ice, and even be more reliable.... definitely going that route next year.

Bearcat
03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Well, there aren't shootouts in the playoffs...

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
OTL...

Yeah - that's a fitting way to end it; your most skilled flat whiffed on the shootout attempt. That's what happens when you play 45 minutes of hockey like it's a goddamn scrimmage.

That's one more point than they earned tonight.

20 minutes of hockey doesn't haul the !@#$ing mail, kids. You should've lost 6-3 tonight; Halak saved your asses.

Hitch had better tear this team a whole bunch of new assholes.

DJ's left nut
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Well, there aren't shootouts in the playoffs...

The shootout was the only chance they had.

They weren't going to win that game heads up - they simply shut it down and couldn't find the switch to turn it back on.

Tip o' the cap to the Hawks - they clearly wanted it more than we did tonight. Damn disappointing.

Bearcat
03-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Never stop believing.

I think Landeskog was going about 60mph...

DaFace
03-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Never stop believing.

I think Landeskog was going about 60mph...

Incredible. Dude is an absolute stud.

DaFace
03-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Avs get get two points out of a game they had no business being in. If they make the playoffs, that goal could be why.

Bearcat
03-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Jumped from 10th to 7th.

I'd say I'm surprised, but I'm really not... I don't know how many times this season they've either come back from 2 or 3 goals in the 3rd and/or scored in the last minute or two of the game. And when they get to the shootout, they're going to win.

Predarat
03-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Daayyuummm, wow!

Bearcat
03-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Okay Preds, need a regulation win tonight... not only to help get home ice vs the Red Wings in the playoffs, but even more importantly, help the Avalanche's playoff chances.

The Poz
03-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Huge game for my Flames against Phoenix.
Such a tight race in the West between #11 L.A (78pts) and #6 Chicago (84pts) and all in between.

OnTheWarpath58
03-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Awesome.

The Blues are laying an egg against a bad Carolina team, and lost McDonald to boot.

Demonpenz
03-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Penguins look good.

DaFace
03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Avs going into OT for the fourth consecutive game.

Bearcat
03-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Kovalchuk is 10/12 on shootout chances... that's insane.

Bearcat
03-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah, they're just as good as the Avalanche in the shootout.... 3 points in the last 2 games is pretty good, considering they were trailing last night with 2 seconds left and they didn't score tonight.

NJChiefsFan
03-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah, they're just as good as the Avalanche in the shootout.... 3 points in the last 2 games is pretty good, considering they were trailing last night with 2 seconds left and they didn't score tonight.

I thought the Avs played a solid game for being across country on the road in a back to back. The Devils controlled play for the most part, but as great as their forecheck was, the Avs never gave them any juicy chances.

Avs seemed to sit back mid-third but I think most teams would when you need points against a team out of conference. COL controlled OT but Zach and Kovy are pretty damn solid in the SO. Zach's #'s arent great this year but his career numbers are.

Oliver played great for you guys tonight. Was a pest against Kovy and made a great play on that loose puck in the crease. Can't believe Hejduk didn't put that one in early in the game.

Predarat
03-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Hope the Preds can do the Avs a HUGE favor tonight and beat the Kings in regulation.

Bearcat
03-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Hope the Preds can do the Avs a HUGE favor tonight and beat the Kings in regulation.

They could use help from the Preds and Wings tonight... and a win in MSG would be nice, too. Is all of that too much to ask for? :)

DaFace
03-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Avs with another HUGE win. Now if we can just get some of these other teams to start losing once in a while...

Bearcat
03-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Avs with another HUGE win. Now if we can just get some of these other teams to start losing once in a while...

:clap:

Recorded it, and just finished watching... of course, I didn't mute it before I turned it on when I got home, and the first thing I heard was "the Avalanche had the lead"... so, from the time they scored the second goal, I assumed the Rangers scored again, heh.

Five of six points in New York... they can really help themselves in the next 4 games, since 3 of them are against Calgary, Phoenix, and San Jose.

Get it done, Predators! And I won't root for the Red Wings, but I hope San Jose plays like shit...

Predarat
03-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Yes hope the damn Preds can give you guys some help. None of that stinkin' overtime either!