PDA

View Full Version : Trade for AJ Help

ChiefGator
10-06-2011, 04:54 AM
I am looking to trade for AJ, who currently sits on a 1-3 team who can't afford to lose more.

I am suggesting AJ-Ryan Matthews for Roddy White-Hightower, or Miles Austin-Hightower. I guess AJ-Matthews for White-Greene or Miles Austin-Greene might be another possibillity.

I am leaning toward offering Roddy White, since we have all seen how explosive Miles Austin can be. Should I just offer both trades?

Opinions?

This is a 14-team 1/2 PPR league, that starts 2 QBs.

My team:
QBs: Rodgers, Stafford, Dalton
RBs: Beanie Wells, Hightower, Shonn Greene, McGahee, Redman
WR: Roddy White, Miles Austin, Manningham, Jacoby Jones (just picked up)
TE: Owen Daniels

There isn't much RB help on the waiver wire, but there are plenty of low-end WR's I could plug in for a while, especially since return yards count. And my team is 4-0 and in the #1 spot, so I could take a loss or two if need be, to prepare for December.

His team:
QBs: Alex Smith, Schaub, Jackson
RBs: Blount, DeAngelo Williams, Matthews (who he isn't starting for some reason), Ricky Williams
WRs: AJ, Steve Smith (both of them), Donald Driver, Crabtree
TE: Mercedes Lewis

Probably have to make another trade since I won't want Owen Daniels and AJ on the same team down the road... not sure about that.

Dicky McElephant
10-06-2011, 10:11 AM
If you want to get AJ off of his team.....then try putting Owen Daniels in the offer. He's got Schaub....so he's going to want some kind of connection.

What's available at TE on the waiver wire?

ChiefGator
10-06-2011, 11:51 AM
If you want to get AJ off of his team.....then try putting Owen Daniels in the offer. He's got Schaub....so he's going to want some kind of connection.

What's available at TE on the waiver wire?

Yeah, I almost listed the TE's on the waiver wire, but they are pretty thin..

Jared Cook - of much preseason hype
Lance Kendricks - of much preseason hype
Zach Miller (SEA)
Shiancoe
Cooley
Ben Watson
Jeff King (Arizona)
Ballard (NYG)

Not very much... wish I had held on to Gresham, but I dropped him to pick up Owens when someone inexplicably dropped him, thus saving me from what was two weeks of terrible production from the TE spot.

Otherwise, I thought about proposing a three person trade, since obviously he can't be happy with Mercedes Lewis at TE. But, damn.. neither would I be happy with that.

Cave Johnson
10-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I'd lean toward Roddy. Julio is catching more balls in that offense, and Austin is damn explosive.

He probably won't do the deal, though, considering Hightower just got Shanahaned and Matthews is on a tear.

Dicky McElephant
10-06-2011, 04:05 PM
I'd lean toward Roddy. Julio is catching more balls in that offense, and Austin is damn explosive.

He probably won't do the deal, though, considering Hightower just got Shanahaned and Matthews is on a tear.

This.

ChiefGator
10-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Yeah, he didn't take Roddy-Hightower. I offered Roddy-Shonn Greene as well. I have all these underrated RB's who sit around 14-25 on points scored for RBs. They are all becoming more valuable (cept Hightower) but not really good trade bait. Would really like to upgrade there.

ChiefGator
10-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Offered someone else in the same league who is 0-4 Dalton and Hightower for MJD and Kafka (or whatever other scrub he wants to add).

His only QB is Grossman, who is quickly regressing. In the open flex position he is currently starting Ingram and he has Torain.

Need to somehow upgrade to have a RB1.

I hate to lose Dalton in case Stafford gets injured, but I guess I'm going to ride him all the way to success or failure this year. There are literally NO QB's available, and someone recently picked up Ponder as well.

This poor guy had: Manning, Gates, Garrard, Evans, and Colston. He's been devastated by injuries and surprises so far.

ChiefGator
10-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Offered someone else in the same league who is 0-4 Dalton and Hightower for MJD and Kafka (or whatever other scrub he wants to add).

His only QB is Grossman, who is quickly regressing. In the open flex position he is currently starting Ingram and he has Torain.

I got this trade.. Dalton and Hightower for MJD and Kafka.

Seems like every time I post in here I need to put the disclaimer.. this is a 2QB league. QB value changes greatly because of that.

I really like picking up MJD though... I needed a decent RB1. His numbers have been down, but hopefully he manages to turn it around this year.

Trading Hightower to a Torain owner (or vice versa) is probably the best way to get value from the Washington running backs right now.

Short Leash Hootie
10-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Someone traded MID for andy dalton!?!?!!? Even in a 2 QB league that's asinine!

ChiefGator
10-08-2011, 05:37 PM
He got Hightower as well, and he has Torain. So, if he can read the tea leaves each week he also gets the starting RB for Redskins.

This is why I say Hightower still has value.

His only QB is Rex Grossman, who is on a bye this week as well. That helps.

Our QB's get six points for a passing TD (-2 for int), so Dalton is quite likely to outscore MJD.

ChiefGator
10-08-2011, 05:52 PM
But, yeah.. damn nice trade for me... ;)