PDA

View Full Version : Got offered this minor deal...

The Bad Guy
10-07-2011, 07:27 AM
I get:

Aaron Hernandez, Malcolm Floyd

I give:

Tim Hightower, Greg Olsen

I think Hightower is due for a huge free fall after Torian came back strong. I think Hernandez is an obvious upgrade, but I think Floyd is very very mediocre.

If I was going to accept, I couldn't until after this weekend's games, but I do like Hernandez a great deal.

Would you take this?

ChiefGator
10-07-2011, 08:38 AM
That's a tough one, but Olsen has looked very good recently. Do you think that is a mirage, or that it will continue? If you think it will continue, then I wouldn't do that trade. Floyd is very mediocre to poor.

Olsen and Hernandez is a pretty much tied, IMO.

Would you trade Hightower for Floyd?

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Another no brained lol...who are you losing? Hightower has zero value and when healthy Hernandez has...WR1 value lol (let alone TE1 value)...who are these people offering these deals?

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 09:32 AM
And Olsen and Hernandez are tied? Lmfao...Olsen is a borderline fantasy start at best

ChiefGator
10-07-2011, 09:43 AM
And Olsen and Hernandez are tied? Lmfao...Olsen is a borderline fantasy start at best

Have you seen the amount of points Olsen is putting up? Newton is looking for him alot. He is Newton's 2nd leading target with very little competition.

This isn't last year or a couple years ago.. Olsen isn't in Chicago anymore and Newton is throwing the ball all over the field. And, only one of those two TE's has a torn MCL. And it's not Olsen.

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Have you seen the amount of points Olsen is putting up? Newton is looking for him alot. He is Newton's 2nd leading target with very little competition.

This isn't last year or a couple years ago.. Olsen isn't in Chicago anymore and Newton is throwing the ball all over the field. And, only one of those two TE's has a torn MCL. And it's not Olsen.

Hernandez almost has the stats Olsen does in 2 games...

Hightower has ZERO value, and Floyd has WR1 value if Jackson is hurt...and WR2/3 value even if Jackson is in the lineup (especially with Gates hurt)

So yeah...no brainer.

ChiefGator
10-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Hernandez almost has the stats Olsen does in 2 games...

Hightower has ZERO value, and Floyd has WR1 value if Jackson is hurt...and WR2/3 value even if Jackson is in the lineup (especially with Gates hurt)

So yeah...no brainer.

Hightower is still in the top 20 RB's in points scored. He could easily start after the bye, and will almost certainly be the starting RB again at some point this year. That is alot more than NO value... especially if someone has Torain and wants to pair them together.

Floyd is averaging less than 4 points a game, and even when Vincent was injured over the years, the Chargers spread the ball around.

Olsen is trending up and becoming the safety blanket for Newton. The ball in New England will be spread around alot more. They are much closer than you think, despite the Hernandez hype.

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 10:17 AM
It's not close at all...if Hernandez is healthy, he has WR1 value...which is higher than TE1 value.

But hey, I guess there is a reason why I'm 19-5 in pay leagues this year.

OnTheWarpath58
10-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Fuck, I wish someone would offer me a "minor" deal like that.

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Aaron Hernandez (knee) practiced again on Friday.
After two consecutive practices, it would now be an upset if Hernandez is not active against the Jets this week. A high-risk fantasy play coming back from injury, Hernandez is just a borderline starter this week.

Why I don't listen to "experts"...

I'd bet anyone that Aaron Hernandez has at least 6 catches this Sunday.

He's their go to guy. Even more so than Gronkowski...

Glad he's back, makes Tom Brady huge for me in the 3 leagues I own him. I'd take Welker/Hernandez/Gronkowski over any trio in the NFL.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Damn - I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Aaron Hernandez is a horse waiting to happen. I've been trying to get him in another league I'm in and I offered Brandon Marshall and Michael Bush (got turned down). So I'm stuck with Shancoe....thanks again, Zack Miller, you worthless fuckstain.

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I didn't get the Zach Miller hype to begin with...

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I didn't get the Zach Miller hype to begin with...

Captain checkdown at QB had me convinced he'd get some cheap targets. I never thought that line would actually regress from last year.

I only drafted him in leagues where I couldn't get Jimmy Graham (and didn't want to pay early round rates for Finley or Witten).

I ended up w/ him in 2 leagues. Fortunately he was my 'safe' pick in a league where I was able to get Hernandez, but he was my lone tight end in the damn Visanthe league.

Having no TE in a 12-team league at this stage of the game is just brutal. And the league is now flat pissing me off because I can't even manage to get a guy like TG for Marshall.

Just gonna have to roll with it until someone does something stupid and cuts someone because of a bad week or two; it happens every year.

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 01:46 PM
get Pettigrew for Marshall...he's their running game because Best can't break a tackle...Pettigrew has value in a PPR, no doubt.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 01:58 PM
get Pettigrew for Marshall...he's their running game because Best can't break a tackle...Pettigrew has value in a PPR, no doubt.

I have Stafford and Calvin Johnson in that league already (and it's not a PPR).

Not gonna go with all 3 of them on one team; you're just asking to lose a playoff game due to a fluke occurrence at a bad time.

Might start on a Gresham run; Green's performance should open things up even better over the middle for him.

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 01:59 PM
hate Gresham, too...

Owen Daniels?

If you're not getting AT LEAST PETTIGREW value, it's not worth trading for...

Jared Cook out there? Scott Chandler? Ed Dickson?

Shit...no thanks to Gresham.

OnTheWarpath58
10-07-2011, 02:00 PM
I have Stafford and Calvin Johnson in that league already (and it's not a PPR).

Not gonna go with all 3 of them on one team; you're just asking to lose a playoff game due to a fluke occurrence at a bad time.

Might start on a Gresham run; Green's performance should open things up even better over the middle for him.

I just picked up Gresham in my pay league. Hoping he can continue his solid play, then my only huge hole is at RB2.

OnTheWarpath58
10-07-2011, 02:02 PM
hate Gresham, too...

Owen Daniels?

Don't understand the fascination with Cook. Dude's a helluva athlete, but all three TE's on that team are getting a look or two per game.

If not for some shitty tackling, Cook would be sitting on a whopping 5-6 points for the season. Dude has SEVEN catches.

DJ's left nut
10-07-2011, 02:04 PM
hate Gresham, too...

Owen Daniels?

Cook's out there; don't like his targets (but damn he's talented); he's on my watch list. Daniels was the same story as Hernendez - couldn't get him.

Chandler's gone, Dickson's in a timeshare of his own with a shitty QB, might as well keep Shiancoe.

Gresham will only cost me Meacham, so it's not like I'm paying through the nose for him. He's a worthwhile gamble, IMO. It wasn't so long ago that he was seen as one of the more talented receiving TEs in college football.

Short Leash Hootie
10-07-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't know...

I think Gresham is worth Meachem no doubt...

but my fantasy recipe for success always lies with drafting players off of good, powerful offenses...

Which is why I have no Seahawks, no Bengals, no Browns, no Bears, no Broncos, no Bills (oops), no Jags...

I've never drafted MJD...never will, either.

I draft players on offenses I think are good. I have a ton of Lions, Patriots, etc...

Here is a 12 team pay league keeper where I flipped Brees for a 3rd and 5th round pick before the season and Rivers for a 1st round pick and kept Felix Jones and Darren McFadden (lower keeper round levels) and then traded Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford and Felix Jones for Tom Brady and Reggie Bush before the season...

I'm unstoppable, am leading the league in points by like 150...and am starting all 3 Lions receivers this week (plus Jerome Simpson) because everyone I have is on a BYE.

and I'm still favored to win.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse?leagueId=296578&teamId=1

I also traded James Starks, Dwayne Bowe and Reggie Wayne after week 1 (sold Wayne high, I saw the writing on the wall) for Calvin Johnson.

The Bad Guy
10-07-2011, 05:23 PM
My only holdup taking it is my backup TE is on a bye, and Hernandez may not play this weekend.

Although I think one more week of worthless production will bury Hightower.

ChiefGator
10-08-2011, 06:05 AM
You really might get lucky and have someone dropped. although I like that Meacham-Gresham trade.

In my league idiots starting drafting TE's way to early. Every time I thought, okay.. this TE has value, he woudl be taken right before me it seemed like. People started taking defenses in the 7th, kickers in the 10th. I took TE in the 13th round, Defense in the 14th, and kicker in the 15th/last.

It really sucks when you end up with 1 point from your TE, which I did the first 2 weeks. I was switching between Kendricks, Cook, and Pettigrew against KC.. where he still did nothing.

Some idiot in my league dropped Owen Daniels though... That REALLY helped.

The Bad Guy
10-08-2011, 08:18 AM
I accepted the deal last night. If Hernandez is out, I'll cut Watson and pickup McMichael or something like that.

The guy I'm playing has Romo, Witten on a bye and Mendenhall on the shelf.

Hightower's reign as the Washington lead back is pretty much over.