PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is it possible that Haley's plan is actually just beginning to work?

KCrockaholic
10-09-2011, 03:58 PM
He wanted to start slow, and rev it up just a tad each week. We get killed against Buffalo and Detroit. We nearly beat the Chargers in SD. We win against Minnesota and Indy.

Just thought I'd toss this out there, but maybe it actually is working.

...Or we just played two of the worst teams in the league and they made us look good anyways.

I'll hold my opinion until we do something against Oakland in 2 weeks.

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Fuck you. He sucks because he hurts pussies.

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh no, we suck. Very, very badly. Just not bad enough to get the #1 overall.

O.city
10-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah i'd wait til we play someone not on the high school level.

GloryDayz
10-09-2011, 04:01 PM
no...................

KCUnited
10-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Haley's game prep is like his season prep.

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Yes he sucks.

Top 2 receivers he has coached. Both teams sucked.

Yes it Haleys fault.

WTF, he has MC?

Or you higher than me?

The Bad Guy
It's possible that this team just played 2 awful teams.

Some of you are carrying on like we beat the Bears and Packers on back to back weeks.

tredadda
Lets wait till we play someone good. We looked real good last year against crap teams and looked awful against the good ones. We are 2-0 against teams with a combined 1-9 record and 0-3 against teams that are a combined 11-2.

el borracho
Was his plan to get all our wins against the winless teams in the NFL? The Chiefs beat the 0-4 Vikings last week and beat the 0-4 Colts this week. That isn't a plan; that is playing the worst teams in the league.

Basileus777
We beat two shit teams in tight games. It just means there are worse teams in the league than us.

The Bad Guy
10-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes he suck. Top 2 receivers he has coached. Both teams sucked.

Yes it Haleys fault.

WTF, he has MC?

Or you higher than me?

Do you post drunk? You're like a male TommyKat.

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes he sucks.

Yes it Haleys fault.

WTF, he has MC?

Or you higher than me?

Forgot IDIOT! :D

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Do you post drunk? You're like a male TommyKat.

Use too so you might have to adjust. Guess that asks a lot form you.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 04:06 PM
No...

KcMizzou
10-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Do you post drunk? You're like a male TommyKat.It's weird. All his posts are like that. If it was drunk posting, you'd think there'd be some sober posts mixed in too.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-09-2011, 04:08 PM
OMG WE BEAT TWO BAD TEAMS ONE OF WHICH GOT THEIR FIRST WIN TODAY AGAINST A BAD CARDS TEAM!!! Nothing is working. Cassel and the rest of the team is just doing what they do best...beat bad teams.

Okie_Apparition
10-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Not getting a sack against an off the street o-line is hard to justify

Deberg_1990
10-09-2011, 04:11 PM
I see a team thats well on its way to a 6 or 7 win season. Woohoo!

Rausch
10-09-2011, 04:11 PM
It's weird. All his posts are like that. If it was drunk posting, you'd think there'd be some sober posts mixed in too.

I can say, with great confidence, I'm the most prolific drunk poster here.

And I have no clue what the fuck he's talking about...

KcMizzou
10-09-2011, 04:12 PM

And I have no clue what the **** he's talking about...I might rival you. I'm pretty drunk right now.

Mr. Flopnuts
Since we have no shot at Luck, I choose optimism.

FringeNC
Was the first half bad defense or a QB clinic by Painter? He seemed pinpoint accurate on his throws.

BigMeatballDave
Not getting a sack against an off the street o-line is hard to justifyYeah, I thought Hali would have 2. Not sure what happened there.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 04:13 PM
I might rival you. I'm pretty drunk right now.

No, you're not.

But that's a good thing sunshine...:D

BigMeatballDave
10-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Was the first half bad defense or a QB clinic by Painter? He seemed pinpoint accurate on his throws.
He was. Chiefs seemed to get more pressure the 2nd half.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 04:16 PM
He was. Chiefs seemed to get more pressure the 2nd half.

1st half "drop back in a zone and wait for him to make a mistake "garbage didn't work...

FAX
10-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I thought Hali would have 2. Not sure what happened there.

They seemed to focus on taking him away. I think he was doubled quite a bit.

FAX

FAX
10-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Which is why we need somebody else ... they need to take the chain off Houston.

FAX

Extra Point
10-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Use too so you might have to adjust. Guess that asks a lot form you.

Grass + No Spell Check= Lots of Ambiguity

(Sorry, friend, just havn't lit up today. And, I still know how to backspace.)

notorious
10-09-2011, 04:22 PM
What is fact is that we just beat the two shittiest teams in the NFL.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 04:23 PM

ROFL

BigMeatballDave
10-09-2011, 04:25 PM
1st half "drop back in a zone and wait for him to make a mistake "garbage didn't work...
That was a shitty gameplan. Young QB? Blitz the shit outta him.

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 04:27 PM
It's weird. All his posts are like that. If it was drunk posting, you'd think there'd be some sober posts mixed in too.

True but its me, deal with it. Wait till next week when I quit smoking! :D

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 04:28 PM

Nice to see you still here. Shit 2 more vices and the bitch will cut me off here.

:banghead:

Rausch
10-09-2011, 04:28 PM

We ALWAYS do this.

Why?...

KcMizzou
10-09-2011, 04:29 PM
True but its me, deal with it. Wait till next week when I quit smoking! :DLMAO

You're ok by me Smed. Do your thang.

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Everyone has to start some where. :D

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 04:30 PM
LMAO

You're ok by me Smed. Do your thang.

I knew that but see post above fucker.

BigMeatballDave
10-09-2011, 04:39 PM
We ALWAYS do this.

Why?...Crennel always uses that against Manning. Its been very successful in the past.

Pawnmower
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM
What is fact is that we just beat the two shittiest teams in the NFL.

Balance this out by the fact that Detroit and Buffalo are VERY good teams (two of our losses)..

I think we are somewhere in the middle, and would be in decent shape had we not had such tragic injuries.

trndobrd
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I highly doubt Haley's 'plan' was to go into the first two games of the season and lay a couple eggs. However, the talking-head on CBS made a reasonable point that much of KCs off season planning was based on Charles, Berry and to a lesser degree Moeaki and it has taken some time to readjust.

Fortunately, KC is in the AFC West and doesn't have to worry about a lot of really good teams.

KCrockaholic
10-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I highly doubt Haley's 'plan' was to go into the first two games of the season and lay a couple eggs. However, the talking-head on CBS made a reasonable point that much of KCs off season planning was based on Charles, Berry and to a lesser degree Moeaki and it has taken some time to readjust.

Fortunately, KC is in the AFC West and doesn't have to worry about a lot of really good teams.

Oh man, Moeaki was going to be a HUGE part of the offensive gameplan. If you watched that Bills game closely they tried plugging Pope into the Moeaki gameplan, by having him lined up in the slot and as a receiver a lot, and it just didn't work.

It was obvious by that gameplan that Moeaki was going to be a huge part of the team in 2011.

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 04:55 PM

Fuck the plan. They are pussies. Besides they do not post on a BB. If they did they might win.

:banghead:

Psyko Tek
10-09-2011, 04:56 PM

And I have no clue what the fuck he's talking about...

i will give you prolific
but consistently drunk posting?

I only post when drunk

and this stuff made absofuckinglutely no sense to me

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Balance this out by the fact that Detroit and Buffalo are VERY good teams (two of our losses)..

I think we are somewhere in the middle, and would be in decent shape had we not had such tragic injuries.

Preseason rankings are true.

I feel bad because I pissed off the football knowledge.

FAX
10-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I think the NFL needs a new rule where, if the ball goes through the uprights on a kickoff, you should get a point ... or a taint massage or something.

FAX

chiefqueen
10-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I think the NFL needs a new rule where, if the ball goes through the uprights on a kickoff, you should get a point ... or a taint massage or something.

FAX

Move to Canada and you'll get your point.

milkman
10-09-2011, 05:08 PM

Crennel always uses that against Manning. Its been very successful in the past.

That worked against Manning and the Colts before the league tightened up the rules contact by defenders.

In today's NFL, if you don't get pressure on the QB, the QB is going to make you pay, regardless who that QB is.

FAX
10-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Move to Canada and you'll get your point.

They have that rule up there?

FAX

Guru
10-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Yes he sucks.

Yes it Haleys fault.

WTF, he has MC?

Or you higher than me?

this place gets dumber and dumber every time you post. Thats saying something.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 05:14 PM
In today's NFL, if you don't get pressure on the QB, the QB is going to make you pay, regardless who that QB is.

This...

Sannyasi
10-09-2011, 05:19 PM
If this was the plan, it was a shitty plan.

FAX
10-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Haley's plan was to piss off a ton of people then put on a bad hat and kill a midget on live television.

Damn good plan.

FAX

Short Leash Hootie
10-09-2011, 05:37 PM
if your plan is to start an NFL season 0-3 you're a fucking idiot.

That is all.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 05:40 PM
if your plan is to start an NFL season 0-3 you're a ****ing idiot.

That is all.

Holy $3it.

Swear to gawd I'm repping you. I'm...so......proud......of.......*tears*

Delano
10-09-2011, 05:49 PM
this place gets dumber and dumber every time you post. Thats saying something.

Don't worry, I've got a decoder ring.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Don't worry, I've got a decoder ring.

Where is TK anyway?...

Delano
10-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Where is TK anyway?...

Stuck behind a laundry machine. [/low hanging fruit]

Extra Point
10-09-2011, 05:56 PM
True but its me, deal with it. Wait till next week when I quit smoking! :D

Which leaf? Tobacco or hemp? I'm in the Keith Richards camp: I could start doing heroin, and not smoke tobacco, and wind up quitting the former more readily.

mlyonsd
10-09-2011, 05:58 PM
We've beaten two teams with a combined record of 1-9.

We rock.

KCrockaholic
10-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Haley's plan was to piss off a ton of people then put on a bad hat and kill a midget on live television.

Damn good plan.

FAX

He killed Dexter? Finally!

Oh Snap
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
easy guys...we beat two crappy teams. lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

GloryDayz
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Clark Hunt's plan is the one that's working.... Money for nothing and his chicks for free.... He's scum!!!!!

Rausch
10-09-2011, 07:13 PM
We've beaten two teams with a combined record of 1-9.

We rock.

You can only beat who you play...

Oh Snap
10-09-2011, 07:22 PM
You can only beat who you play...

the point is that they're hardly quality wins to brag about. We've won the past two games, and suddenly the chiefs are good? lmao that would be one thing, if the opponents we had faced were top tier...

I'm still on the suck for luck campaign, this team will not go anywhere so long as we have cassel at QB. We need a legit franchise QB to get us to the next level.

Three7s
10-09-2011, 07:25 PM
the point is that they're hardly quality wins to brag about. We've won the past two games, and suddenly the chiefs are good? lmao that would be one thing, if the opponents we had faced were top tier...

I'm still on the suck for luck campaign, this team will not go anywhere so long as we have cassel at QB. We need a legit franchise QB to get us to the next level.
You can hope we Suck 4 Luck, but we're not getting him and that's that.

I was on it for awhile, but I'm off now, may as well hope they win.

GordonGekko
10-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Hell No!! Haley is a crock o' shit. I cannot think of one decent win he has had over a good football team, when it mattered. The guy is sh*t. Larry Johnson might have been right on one thing.

whoman69
10-09-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't really think it was in the "plan" to get blown out in the first two games. I think realistically most of us should have expected we would be 3-2 at this point. We're 2-3. I didn't think we would catch up from the dipshit camp that was run this quickly.

Oh Snap
10-09-2011, 07:33 PM
You can hope we Suck 4 Luck, but we're not getting him and that's that.

I was on it for awhile, but I'm off now, may as well hope they win.

We have two wins...the seahawks won today, and they are quite possibly the worst team in the NFL. The colts will string a long a few wins, they're good enough for a few given their schedule. If they can get manning back sooner, then they are a lock to finish with 5-6 wins. Are schedule starts to get considerably more difficult. Just wait till week 10-15, we will get slaughtered. I think we could split with the raiders and broncos, ending the season with a 4-12 record.

Anyways, I get where you're coming from, I hate rooting against the chiefs. But we aren't even close to being a contender. It all starts at the QB, we need a competent passer behind center. If we luck out and draft luck, this franchise takes a BIG step in the right direction.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 07:36 PM

They're teams we should be beating.

And honestly, when you look back, the Lions and Bills were clearly much better coached than we are. The Lions definitely have as much or more talent than us and the Bills have become a Pats-similar team that just finds a way to take pieces and win.

**** you Haley.

**** YOU HALEY.

**** YOU.

He could still be our OC right now.

Agreed on the QB point but I'd like to think I didn't waste 14 months saving vacation time to take off every ****ing sunday so we could decide to suck.

I mean, being I'm 35 and WE HAVEN'T ****ING WON A PLAYOFF GAME SINCE I WAS LIKE 15!

I'm tired of excuses. Rookie QB or not IT DOES NOT TAKE 3 YEARS TO COMPETE FOR A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

DOES NOT.

New HC, new QB, NO EXCUSE!

Plenty have done it (make a title game) in 3 years.

In fact, odds are if you DON'T in 3 years you WON'T...

chiefzilla1501
10-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Cp is hilarious. Flip floppers.

A few weeks ago, people were predicting zero wins. Lucky to win 2 games. Easily the worst team in football. Now we're making excuses for why wins mean absolutely nothing.

The chiefs have had three solid games in a row. Period. No, they're not making the playoffs. No, cassel is probably not the answer (though, he may be better than we thought). But jfc, given what this team has been through, this team is a hell of a lot better than expected. And I'm sorry, but how can anyone not credit Haley for the turnaround?

jd1020
10-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Cp is hilarious. Flip floppers.

A few weeks ago, people were predicting zero wins. Lucky to win 2 games. Easily the worst team in football. Now we're making excuses for why wins mean absolutely nothing.

The chiefs have had three solid games in a row. Period. No, they're not making the playoffs. No, cassel is probably not the answer (though, he may be better than we thought). But jfc, given what this team has been through, this team is a hell of a lot better than expected. And I'm sorry, but how can anyone not credit Haley for the turnaround?

Because Haley isn't giving the inspirational speeches at halftime.

Oh Snap
10-09-2011, 07:47 PM

We should have also beat the Bills and made it at least competitive against the lions...

And honestly, when you look back, the Lions and Bills were clearly much better coached than we are. The Lions definitely have as much or more talent than us and the Bills have become a Pats-similar team that just finds a way to take pieces and win.

Both teams were horrible last year. Lets wait till they show a few years of consistency before we compare them to the pats..

Agreed on the QB point but I'd like to think I didn't waste 14 months saving vacation time to take off every ****ing sunday so we could decide to suck.

Sucks brah!

I mean, being I'm 35 and WE HAVEN'T ****ING WON A PLAYOFF GAME SINCE I WAS LIKE 15!

I'm tired of excuses. Rookie QB or not IT DOES NOT TAKE 3 YEARS TO COMPETE FOR A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
DOES NOT.

I dont disagree. Rex Ryan did it with the jets. Its very doable. The main issue I see with the chiefs was the DV era really screwed us on talent. We were built to win then and there. Then herm came in and was a DISASTER for our team. So I do feel compelled to give Haley a bit of wiggle room when it comes to my doubts on him. He was put into a shitty situation on a team that lacked depth and overall talent.

QB is arguably the most important position in football. Just look back at all the teams that won the superbowl in the past 10-20 years. Most were franchise QBs drafted by their teams that made it, and won a champion ship. The only team that I can think of from this past decade that had an FA QB take them all the way was the Cards back in 2008 with Warner. Every other team has had a franchise QB. So it is no wonder what really gets you to the next level.

tredadda
10-09-2011, 07:47 PM
We have two wins...the seahawks won today, and they are quite possibly the worst team in the NFL. The colts will string a long a few wins, they're good enough for a few given their schedule. If they can get manning back sooner, then they are a lock to finish with 5-6 wins. Are schedule starts to get considerably more difficult. Just wait till week 10-15, we will get slaughtered. I think we could split with the raiders and broncos, ending the season with a 4-12 record.

Anyways, I get where you're coming from, I hate rooting against the chiefs. But we aren't even close to being a contender. It all starts at the QB, we need a competent passer behind center. If we luck out and draft luck, this franchise takes a BIG step in the right direction.

I am on the S4L train, but do you think Seattle is worse than Miami? I could see us splitting with Denver and beating Miami. We have alot of work if we want Luck. It might be tough now as four wins might be too many. I do agree though that we need to address the QB situation though and not with yet another career backup or late round project.

MahiMike
10-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Todd's plan is being undermined by Cassel. Matt sees what's happening and is doing a great job of trying to keep his job now. Bastard.

chiefzilla1501
10-09-2011, 07:50 PM
That's not what we were saying a few weeks ago.

We lost to the bills because of coaching. Before Charles left the Detroit game, we were running all over the lions. But all in all, two games does not a career make. Given haleys current starting roster, this team is overachieving.

**** you Haley.

**** YOU HALEY.

**** YOU.

He could still be our OC right now.

DOES NOT.

chiefzilla1501
10-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I am on the S4L train, but do you think Seattle is worse than Miami? I could see us splitting with Denver and beating Miami. We have alot of work if we want Luck. It might be tough now as four wins might be too many. I do agree though that we need to address the QB situation though and not with yet another career backup or late round project.

We're not going to get luck. This team is not that bad. I can't believe that people think we're worse than Miami.

Coogs
10-09-2011, 07:59 PM
He wanted to start slow, and rev it up just a tad each week. We get killed against Buffalo and Detroit. We nearly beat the Chargers in SD. We win against Minnesota and Indy.

Just thought I'd toss this out there, but maybe it actually is working.

I think it is a possibility. Long way to go yet, but we look better each week. Breaston and Bowe look like legit compliments to each other. O-line is looking solid. Cassel is not turning the ball over. And the defense has been adequate. If we keep improving each week like we have the last 3 weeks, then we could be a team to be reckoned with late in the season.

Jury is still out, but it is beginning to look like his outside the box plan has some legs.

Oh Snap
10-09-2011, 07:59 PM

We have to lose to Miami. IF we dont, I think we can pretty much kiss our chances for luck good-bye.

Miami isnt as bad as seattle imo. But they are probably worse than we are.

Oh Snap
10-09-2011, 08:03 PM
We're not going to get luck. This team is not that bad. I can't believe that people think we're worse than Miami.

Our schedule is brutal. That is our only saving grace imo. We very well might not get luck, but its still a possibility, its also a possibility that we could draft Barkley form USC. While not on the same level as luck, he'd still be a nice addition. Most teams have him as a top 5 pick.

Extra Point
10-09-2011, 08:05 PM

Think back in time, to the new AFL, to the jokes that teemed over, about Stenerud missing the last kick. On Christmas Day, no less! Record alcohol sales in KC, between then, and New Year's Eve!

Brock
10-09-2011, 08:06 PM

Yeah, we're not getting him. We ain't that lucky.

chiefzilla1501
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM
We have to lose to Miami. IF we dont, I think we can pretty much kiss our chances for luck good-bye.

Miami. Denver twice. Between the raiders twice, chargers, and jets, any of those games are up for the stealing. The chiefs should be able to win 4. I think they'll end up with 6 or 7. No way anyone can look at the past 3 games and think we are in the running for the #1 pick.

BigMeatballDave
10-09-2011, 10:05 PM

Miami isnt as bad as seattle imo. But they are probably worse than we are.I think Miami gets him. They are the worst team.

Caseyguyrr
10-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Dont get too excited, we have beat 2 winless teams, 2 of the worst teams in the league, with the exception of the dolphins, who are on a whole nother level. Once we come back against a good team, then I'll start to believe

durtyrute
10-10-2011, 07:37 AM
I think apart of his plan is working in that our team looks fresher towards the end of games. It seems that we start off slow as shit like everyone just rolled out of bed, but then in the second half we get it going while the other team is slowing down. Going forward I'm not so sure that what happened in training camp will matter, but if we lose in week 15 I'm sure people will still blame it on training camp though.

Chiefnj2
10-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Haley did not want to start slow against Buffalo and Detroit.

BoneKrusher
10-10-2011, 07:52 AM

IMO
Miami and Denver @ home are the only two winnable games left on the schedule. (on Paper)

Denver will be hard to get a win now, with Tebow at QB.

BoneKrusher
10-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Haley did not want to start slow against Buffalo and Detroit.
the Coaching staff overlooked both Detroit and Buffalo.
they looked at the schedule and counted these two games winnable.

Brock
10-10-2011, 08:34 AM

If they're that stupid they shouldn't be coaching.

mcaj22
10-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Seriously lol at the coaching staff overlooking Detroit and Buffalo what are you fucking high.

Buffalo took it to us LAST year also when they had a shit team and we were playing our 1 year anomaly playoff season

FringeNC
10-10-2011, 08:47 AM

Haley's tenure here suggests the opposite of what you claim. Haley's Chiefs win the games against bad teams and lose against good teams, which to me is a relatively strong indicator of good coaching. Poorly coached teams lose despite having more talent than the opposition, a la Norv Turner team.

Unless Haley is to blame for Matt Cassel's sucking 2/3 of the time, I think Haley has been a good coach.

Pants
10-10-2011, 08:49 AM
We'll see how Haley's plan is working once we start playing decent teams again.