PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs haven't beaten a team with an above .500 record SINCE...

KCChiefsFan88
10-09-2011, 07:47 PM
The final game of the 2009 season, which was the win over Denver (the Broncos were 8-7 at the time).

Since then KC has not defeated a team that had an above .500 record at the time the Chiefs played them.

San Diego, Jacksonville and Seattle were each at .500 when the Chiefs beat them last season (and San Diego's .500 was a 0-0 record).

This is something that all the dumbasses who are having mass orgies tonight over the Chiefs "winning streak" should strongly consider.

Pioli/Haley/Cassel have put together a winning streak doing what they do best... beating up crappy teams.

Douche Baggins
10-09-2011, 07:48 PM
50 career starts for Matt Cassel, three wins over playoff teams, one with the Chiefs, against Seattle last year.

He is what he is.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 07:50 PM
50 career starts for Matt Cassel, three wins over playoff teams, one with the Chiefs, against Seattle last year.

He is what he is.

So, I'm right.

SAY IT...

kstater
10-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I've never seen a fanbase more upset with wins than this one.

Reerun_KC
10-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Its all a Clark Hunt conspiracy to lead fans to build a downtown ball park in Olathe.

tk13
The Chiefs haven't beat a team with a horseshoe on their helmet since 2004. But they did today. 5 year extensions all around!

tredadda
Yeah, yeah, yeah but they won two in a row, so therefore they are only two games out of first place! You must be a hater because you don't think this is a team that can win it all. LOL

Douche Baggins
10-09-2011, 07:53 PM

That's because we have seen the future with Cassel, and it is our past.

chop
On the bright side, at least they aren't losing to these teams.

Messier

Shut Up

tredadda
10-09-2011, 07:54 PM
The Chiefs haven't beat a team with a horseshoe on their helmet since 2004. But they did today. 5 year extensions all around!

And they almost lost again! This Colts was Peyton-less nonetheless.

Marcellus
10-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Keep in mind teams we have beat went on to have winning records by end of season so what is more important? How you start or how you finish?

Was SD a losing team in 2010? They lost to KC right?

KC won more games than any team except the 49ers in the 90's. So what?

Stats are deceiving.

The only stat that matters is KC hasn't won a SB since right before I was born.

The statement in the OP is meaningless unless you are looking for a reason to bitch right now.

notorious
10-09-2011, 07:56 PM

That is profound.

Rausch
10-09-2011, 07:58 PM

I did not take this win lightly.

The wife is sleeping and sometime in the next hour or so, since she's dead out with the benadryl and other such drugs, I plan a sneak attack on the exposed areas...:)

Rausch
10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
That is profound.

No, it's sickeningly redundant...

Messier
10-09-2011, 08:01 PM
I know S4Lers think they're being longsighted but they are not. Being first overall pick bad, more times than not sets the franchise back awhile. You don't get to be really, really bad one year then lets' go to the super bowl!!! There is a greater chance they stay bad than turn it around.

Crush
10-09-2011, 08:03 PM
3-12 in playoff games since Super Bowl IV. 0-0 in Super Bowl appearances since Super Bowl IV. Do the fucking math.

notorious
10-09-2011, 08:03 PM
. You don't get to be really, really bad one year then lets' go to the super bowl!!! There is a greater chance they stay bad than turn it around.

Hamas destroyed that argument in the game thread.

That is exactly what happens when it's done right.

Crush
10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
I know S4Lers think they're being longsighted but they are not. Being first overall pick bad, more times than not sets the franchise back awhile. You don't get to be really, really bad one year then lets' go to the super bowl!!! There is a greater chance they stay bad than turn it around.

Yes, because I want to live through another 40 years of mediocrity.

Crush
10-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Who needs Super Bowl wins when you can go 6-10 or 8-8 every year? We are living the high life. High hives all around. This fan base is addicted to mediocrity.

Valiant
10-09-2011, 08:06 PM

Especially when you have all the other pieces in place.. And a young team with core studs.. Well except for maybe another end and a QB..

FAX
10-09-2011, 08:06 PM
It seems to me that we have fallen into a state of total cognitive dissonance ... ChiefsPlanet, I mean.

Some people hate Cassel so much or Haley so much or Pioli so much or Clark so much or McCluster so much or somebody else so much that we want to lose games so we can get somebody else in here to hate on instead.

It's making no sense. If you actually watch the games and our play in those self same stated games, you can see that the team is improving each week ... improving as individuals as well as in terms of overall team performance in spite of devastating injuries to some of our best (if not our outright best) players on both offense and defense. These guys have come together as a team to fight shoulder-to-shoulder against adversity and difficult odds and negativity and downness and evil.

The SFL campaign and similar crusades against certain coaches, owners, GMs, and players are robbing us of the enjoyment that might be derived from watching our young guys actually improve, demonstrate character, and contribute to wins.

Ladies and gentlemen, I submit to you that it's crazy time around here.

FAX

Messier
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM

Do you think it'll be done right? Because it's not more often that it is. It's a pointless argument because the Chiefs aren't going 2-14, and they're not one of the worst teams in the league.

Crush
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
It seems to me that we have fallen into a state of total cognitive dissonance ... ChiefsPlanet, I mean.

Some people hate Cassel so much or Haley so much or Pioli so much or Clark so much or McCluster so much or somebody else so much that we want to lose games so we can get somebody else in here to hate on instead.

It's making no sense. If you actually watch the games and our play in those self same stated games, you can see that the team is improving each week ... improving as individuals as well as overall team performance in spite of devastating injuries to some of our best (if not our outright best) players on both offense and defense. These guys have come together as a team to fight shoulder-to-shoulder against adversity and difficult odds and negativity and downness and evil.

The SFL campaign and similar crusades against certain coaches, owners, GMs, and players are robbing us of the enjoyment that might be derived from watching our young guys actually improve, demonstrate character, and contribute to wins.

Ladies and gentlemen, I submit to you that it's crazy time around here.

FAX

Mr. FAX, this is what happens your favorite team only wins 3 playoff games in the span of 40 years.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:10 PM
11 GAMES FOR 3 YEARS!!!!!!!

Mr_Tomahawk
10-09-2011, 08:10 PM

You pay that close attention to individual fan bases? You have a life bro?

FAX
10-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Mr. FAX, this is what happens your favorite team only wins 3 playoff games in the span of 40 years.

I remember a post I made along time ago when I commented on the fact that, when we were watching Grampa's offense, we were watching a moment in time that is rare in both quality and quantity.

Right now, our guys are fighting like hell to come back against all odds to salvage this season and it's happening right before our eyes. Eyes, unfortunately, that cannot appreciate what they're seeing because they're clouded by hate.

FAX

KCUnited
10-09-2011, 08:18 PM

Nobody asked to be S4L. Nobody wanted it before the season. But once the perfect shitstorm of Haley's failed preseason plan, freakish injuries to key players, 1st round playmaking draft pick going down to a locker room fight, Cassel taking a step back, a brutal schedule, Al Davis great grandfather promoted to OC, the ghost of Herm Edwards time management lingering; S4L is what we were given. Cool if you aren't S4L, but that's what they gave us.

This team finishing 1st round draft pick bad, isn't your dad's 1st round draft pick bad team. There are pieces here in place. We're battling fate.

BossChief
10-09-2011, 08:19 PM
After the bye, its gonna get really interesting around here.

We travel to Oakland and then come home to host MNF against SD.

We should know a lot more about this team after those two division games.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Nobody asked to be S4L. Nobody wanted it before the season. But once the perfect shitstorm of Haley's failed preseason plan, freakish injuries to key players, 1st round playmaking draft pick going down to a locker room fight, Cassel taking a step back, a brutal schedule, Al Davis great grandfather promoted to OC, the ghost of Herm Edwards time management lingering; S4L is what we were given. Cool if you aren't S4L, but that's what they gave us.

This team finishing 1st round draft pick bad, isn't your dad's 1st round draft pick bad team. There are pieces here in place. We're battling fate.

Chiefs didn't give us S4L. Thats why we are 2-3 and pretty much out of the #1 pick. Get some!

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:21 PM
After the bye, its gonna get really interesting around here.

We travel to Oakland and then come home to host MNF against SD.

We should know a lot more about this team after those two division games.

We kinda already know what this team is.

Below mediocre but not a catastrophe.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-09-2011, 08:24 PM

This.

You need those two games to REALLY give you some insight on what this team is?

Marcellus
10-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I remember a post I made along time ago when I commented on the fact that, when we were watching Grampa's offense, we were watching a moment in time that is rare in both quality and quantity.

Right now, our guys are fighting like hell to come back against all odds to salvage this season and it's happening right before our eyes. Eyes, unfortunately, that cannot appreciate what they're seeing because they're clouded by hate.

FAX

It's the "Luck Factor". I am curious as to how different things would be here if Luck didn't exist.

It's like because he is out there people want losses. We aren't getting him sparing a Pioli miracle.

I understand Cassel is the suck in SFL but if there wasn't a SFL what would people be cheering for right now?

Okie_Apparition
10-09-2011, 08:25 PM
S4L keep setting themselves up for failure. They're failure makes the Chiefs look like winners in comparision...

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:26 PM
It's the "Luck Factor". I am curious as to how different things would be here if Luck didn't exist.

It's like because he is out there people want losses. We aren't getting him sparing a Pioli miracle.

I understand Cassel is the suck in SFL but if there wasn't a SFL what would people be cheering for right now?

Some other catchy cheer created to rhyme with what would be the best QB in the draft. Can't believe that's actually a question.

Dave Lane
10-09-2011, 08:27 PM
We don't need no motherfucking QB :banghead::cuss::#:mad:

Mr_Tomahawk
10-09-2011, 08:27 PM
We don't need no mother****ing QB :banghead::cuss::#:mad:

I like you because you is smart and good.

Messier
10-09-2011, 08:28 PM

It really boils down to the fist two games. When the Chiefs got blown out twice, and lost Berry and Charles, everyone considered the season lost so why not just trash it all? I was tempted too, but I couldn't. I want the team to win every time it can.

Dave Lane
10-09-2011, 08:29 PM

Agreed Luck changes the perspective. No Luck and I'm still hoping to win and get a QB in the 1st. The gap this year between Luck and whomever is a vast chasm.

BossChief
10-09-2011, 08:29 PM

No, we really dont.

Even to suggest such requires one to ignore the fact that our team is a giant bunch of Jeykl and Hydes.

Against Detroit, we were in a tight game in the first half and then in the second half we got destroyed.

In San Diego, we played a poor first half and then played very well the second half.

Minnesota was similar to SD in a poor first half and good second half.

This week was more of the same in those regards.

If this team can play the way it has in those good halves, we are a team that still may challenge for the division by years end.

If we have too many of the bad halves, there is no way we aren't in the top 5.

Its no different than some of us thought prior to the year...we will win and lose with Cassels play.

KCUnited
10-09-2011, 08:31 PM
The Chiefs gave us Cassel, they gave us zero preparation to start the season, they gave us a 1st round draft pick that hasn't seen the field, they gave us zero depth, they gave us a Smed level communication process for calling the plays.

The NFL gave us the schedule.

God gave us the injuries.

The S in S4L was provided. The 4L is the hope.

Okie_Apparition
10-09-2011, 08:34 PM
You got a Kelly Gregg mid-air breaking in half play

jd1020
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM
No, we really dont.

Even to suggest such requires one to ignore the fact that our team is a giant bunch of Jeykl and Hydes.

Against Detroit, we were in a tight game in the first half and then in the second half we got destroyed.

In San Diego, we played a poor first half and then played very well the second half.

Minnesota was similar to SD in a poor first half and good second half.

This week was more of the same in those regards.

If this team can play the way it has in those good halves, we are a team that still may challenge for the division by years end.

If we have too many of the bad halves, there is no way we aren't in the top 5.

Its no different than some of us thought prior to the year...we will win and lose with Cassels play.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

-73 points in the "easy" half of our schedule.

FAX
10-09-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't think we know what we have.

Except for the fact that we know we have a team that doesn't quit.

FAX

notorious
10-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Do you think it'll be done right? Because it's not more often that it is. It's a pointless argument because the Chiefs aren't going 2-14, and they're not one of the worst teams in the league.

Yep, and that's why these discussions are probably a waste.

reschief
10-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Here's the analogy - The coaches talk about a player who's arrow is pointing up - positive/improving, or sideways -staying the same, or pointing down - getting worse. Why not use that for the team & our potential?

The preseason & first 2 games -arrow down. Bolts game - maybe sideways, but we lost, so really more down overall, last 2 games - maybe up, but who are we kidding, look who we beat . . .

The SFL idea gave some the hope that the arrow could point up for the team for a long time, maybe several years. This year, overall, the best we can hope for is sideways, but we all know it will be down again, right? and with Cassel, will it ever be arrow up in the future?

GloryDayz
10-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Its all a Clark Hunt conspiracy to lead fans to build a downtown ball park in Olathe.

OK, explain that....

Okie_Apparition
10-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Hunt bought some property from Kietzman for pennies on the dollar

-King-
10-09-2011, 08:54 PM
This thread would have addressed the point better if it was made after losing to a .500 team.

GordonGekko
10-09-2011, 08:55 PM

Lol, these are 'sucker' trash wins, it takes a moron to not see that.

SNR
10-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Here's the analogy - The coaches talk about a player who's arrow is pointing up - positive/improving, or sideways -staying the same, or pointing down - getting worse. Why not use that for the team & our potential?

The preseason & first 2 games -arrow down. Bolts game - maybe sideways, but we lost, so really more down overall, last 2 games - maybe up, but who are we kidding, look who we beat . . .

The SFL idea gave some the hope that the arrow could point up for the team for a long time, maybe several years. This year, overall, the best we can hope for is sideways, but we all know it will be down again, right? and with Cassel, will it ever be arrow up in the future?Chiefs fans have a faint prayer with Stanzi. That's not much at all.

Basically, we're screwed. But I hope we enjoy our new offensive tackle from the draft this next year.

BigRock
10-09-2011, 09:00 PM
If the Chiefs were 4-1, with their only loss coming to Detroit, you could still say they hadn't beaten anyone above .500 at the specific point in time that the game was played.

FAX
10-09-2011, 09:01 PM
It's funny to call them "trash" wins. This is the NFL, for crying out loud.

From season to season and from week to week, teams change ... either for better or for worse. The Colts looked better this week than they did last week ... at least their surfer quarterback did, for sure. If Clark hadn't had the dropsies, the outcome could have been very different.

The way this season started for us, I'm less concerned about wins and losses than I am about observable overall improvement. We're still a pretty young team, overall.

I'm encouraged by the fact that the team is bonding, pulling together, and fighting to the last whistle. That's something we didn't see for a few years there.

FAX

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:01 PM
If the Chiefs were 4-1, with their only loss coming to Detroit, you could still say they hadn't beaten anyone above .500 at the specific point in time that the game was played.

Bills?

GordonGekko
10-09-2011, 09:04 PM
It's funny to call them "trash" wins. This is the NFL, for crying out loud.

From season to season and from week to week, teams change ... either for better or for worse. The Colts looked better this week than they did last week ... at least their surfer quarterback did, for sure. If Clark hadn't had the dropsies, the outcome could have been very different.

The way this season started for us, I'm less concerned about wins and losses than I am about observable overall improvement. We're still a pretty young team, overall.

I'm encouraged by the fact that the team is bonding, pulling together, and fighting to the last whistle. That's something we didn't see for a few years there.

FAX

Ok, 'garbage wins'. Whatever word choice you prefer. We can't beat a team that is decent, and when it counts. Thus the no playoff winnsky since 1993. :banghead:

Epic Fail 007
10-09-2011, 09:15 PM
again i will say it is not thier fault they have played winless teams that should of been winning teams

BigRock
10-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Bills?

The Bills were 0-0 at the time.

Chocolate Hog
10-09-2011, 10:22 PM

He is what he is.

Who were the other 2 playoff teams they beat?

BryanBusby
10-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Arizona and Miami back in 08

Tuckdaddy
10-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Until Matt can actaully not piss himself against a good team I'm not happy. We have a fugg'ing hard schedule starting the end of Nov. If he stands up and plays like a winner then maybe he ain't so bad.

I doubt we win any of those games and he will probably play like shit in all of them.

NJChiefsFan
10-09-2011, 10:47 PM

How many fanbases do you follow as closely as you do the Chiefs. I am a huge Yankees and Devils fan, and I can tell you its not much different. You can't tell what other fanbases truely think from the outside looking in.

Douche Baggins
10-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Who were the other 2 playoff teams they beat?

Miami and the Cardinals.

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 10:52 PM
The final game of the 2009 season, which was the win over Denver (the Broncos were 8-7 at the time).

Since then KC has not defeated a team that had an above .500 record at the time the Chiefs played them.

San Diego, Jacksonville and Seattle were each at .500 when the Chiefs beat them last season (and San Diego's .500 was a 0-0 record).

This is something that all the dumbasses who are having mass orgies tonight over the Chiefs "winning streak" should strongly consider.

Pioli/Haley/Cassel have put together a winning streak doing what they do best... beating up crappy teams.

At least they play better than you post.

Not by much but a they are less of a bitch than you.

Are you the male in the relationship?

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 10:57 PM
How many fanbases do you follow as closely as you do the Chiefs. I am a huge Yankees and Devils fan, and I can tell you its not much different. You can't tell what other fanbases truely think from the outside looking in.

Yankees suck dick but I am sure you do too from NJ. Suck a yankees dick, you understand losing based on the Yankees? LOL

lewdog
10-09-2011, 10:59 PM
I am a huge Yankees fan and I can tell you its not much different.

GTFO with that comparison!

jd1020
10-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Yankees suck dick but I am sure you do too from NJ. Suck a yankees dick, you understand losing based on the Yankees? LOL

The Chiefs may be bad but don't underestimate what effect the Yankees losing has on that city.

lewdog
10-09-2011, 11:04 PM
The Chiefs may be bad but don't underestimate what effect the Yankees losing has on that city.

Why? Because they have been spoiled with the highest payroll and the best players in baseball. Cry me a fucking river if you don't win with that. That is one of the most invalid comparisons you can make....even on a board filled with retarded shit.

NJChiefsFan
10-09-2011, 11:13 PM

I understand losing based on the Chiefs. My point wasn't Yankees fans understand the horror of a team equal to the Chiefs in baseball. My point was most fan bases over-react and have their own meltdowns.

If anything the Yankees are a PERFECT example because they win all the time and dumb as Yankees fans still bitch and moan like they are not blessed. I know I lucked out growing up a Yankees fan. The point wasn't about pain, it was about over-reaction about success and over-analyzing it.

Why? Because they have been spoiled with the highest payroll and the best players in baseball. Cry me a ****ing river if you don't win with that. That is one of the most invalid comparisons you can make....even on a board filled with retarded shit.

You are missing what I meant by the comparision, or I didn't put it out there correctly. Not equal in pain. The original post I was responding to was about over-reacting and over-analyzing wins. That compares evenly. Not appreciating winning is something most idiot Yankee fans know how to do real well, trust me.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 11:14 PM
You don't really luck out into being a fan of a team, you kinda get to choose.

lewdog
10-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Not appreciating winning is something most idiot Yankee fans know how to do real well, trust me.

Thanks for clarifying. Couldn't agree more with that.

NJChiefsFan
10-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks for clarifying. Couldn't agree more with that.

I have said it on the baseball topics multiple times and I will say it again, because yes I am defensive about being lumped in with most Yankee fans. I can not handle NY sports talk. Personally I think NY media is great compared to other cities, especially small cities. The fans however, oh my the fans. Rangers, Jets, Knicks, Yankees, and Mets fans are out of control.

I would love a cap in baseball. I still like the Yankees chances(of being good, not being the monster) with their ability to scout.

Anyway, it does bother me to see them sign these guys. Yes that makes me spoiled that I get almost annoyed at all the spending. It is what it is. I fully admit 2009 was a $ championship. You will get arguement from me about 1996, 98 and 99 only because those were more teams. The biggest guys were like Tino and they traded for him. Not trying to start anything, just saying during those days that $ advantage was locking up every single star we drafted and thats huge. Guys like Brosius who hit .200 the year they got him put them over the top.

You can disagree with that and thats fine. I don't want to hijack the thread. Point is I am not a normal Yankee fan in my eyes and I find the need to let it be known, because I can't stand 85% of them.

NJChiefsFan
10-09-2011, 11:23 PM

I guess I view choosing a team when you are 5 as lucking out. If I was 5 and growing up in PIT I would probably be a Pirates fan. Its not like I was 20 when I chose my sports teams. The Yankees werent that great in 1990 when I picked them. Don Mattingly is why I chose the Yankees, Thomas and the sea of red the Chiefs. Not exactly thought out decisions as a child.

lewdog
10-09-2011, 11:24 PM
I have said it on the baseball topics multiple times and I will say it again, because yes I am defensive about being lumped in with most Yankee fans. I can not handle NY sports talk. Personally I think NY media is great compared to other cities, especially small cities. The fans however, oh my the fans. Rangers, Jets, Knicks, Yankees, and Mets fans are out of control.

I would love a cap in baseball. I still like the Yankees chances(of being good, not being the monster) with their ability to scout.

Anyway, it does bother me to see them sign these guys. Yes that makes me spoiled that I get almost annoyed at all the spending. It is what it is. I fully admit 2009 was a $ championship. You will get arguement from me about 1996, 98 and 99 only because those were more teams. The biggest guys were like Tino and they traded for him. Not trying to start anything, just saying during those days that $ advantage was locking up every single star we drafted and thats huge. Guys like Brosius who hit .200 the year they got him put them over the top.

You can disagree with that and thats fine. I don't want to hijack the thread. Point is I am not a normal Yankee fan in my eyes and I find the need to let it be known, because I can't stand 85% of them.

I won't disagree with your post if you change the percentage to 99% because you are honestly one of the few Yankee fans that can admit what you just admitted.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 11:26 PM
I guess I view choosing a team when you are 5 as lucking out. If I was 5 and growing up in PIT I would probably be a Pirates fan. Its not like I was 20 when I chose my sports teams. The Yankees werent that great in 1990 when I picked them. Don Mattingly is why I chose the Yankees, Thomas and the sea of red the Chiefs. Not exactly thought out decisions as a child.

I live in the middle of IL. One of the first birthday presents I can remember was a Chiefs comforter.

NJChiefsFan
10-09-2011, 11:27 PM
I won't disagree with your post if you change the percentage to 99% because you are honestly one of the few Yankee fans that can admit what you just admitted.

I know a decent amount that would. I guess by decent amount I am saying 15%. My friend group, hell all of the NY area, is baseball first growing up. There are reasonable Yankees fans.

Problem is there are SO many Yankees fans and so many loud ones that you don't see or hear us. Most of my Yankee fan friends would agree to most of what I posted, even if wasn't in those exact words.

Also I think Yankees fans that live outside the area try extra hard to "represent" and it just makes it so much worse.

lewdog
10-09-2011, 11:28 PM

Well I grew up in a state without a professional sports team and my dad is from KC.......how much more unlucky can you get to be a Chiefs and Royals fan.

NJChiefsFan
10-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Well I grew up in a state without a professional sports team and my dad is from KC.......how much more unlucky can you get to be a Chiefs and Royals fan.

Thats pretty rough. I atleast have seen success in hockey and baseball. I guess BUF is rough as far as no championships as well although both their teams have had playoff success. CLE is pretty bad.

KurtCobain
10-09-2011, 11:40 PM

Doesn't seem like it, really.

chiefzilla1501
10-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Thats pretty rough. I atleast have seen success in hockey and baseball. I guess BUF is rough as far as no championships as well although both their teams have had playoff success. CLE is pretty bad.

Cleveland isn't pretty bad. Cleveland fans have had it the absolute worst. Those fans have been through a lot.

NJChiefsFan
10-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Cleveland isn't pretty bad. Cleveland fans have had it the absolute worst. Those fans have been through a lot.

Very true. Hell all of the U.S. hates Lebron for what he did and we aren't even fans of that team. Thats only one of the things they have went through. Lost a franchise. Horrible years, and when its good they lose on a walk-off game 7 to the Marlins.

chiefzilla1501
10-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Very true. Hell all of the U.S. hates Lebron for what he did and we aren't even fans of that team. Thats only one of the things they have went through. Lost a franchise. Horrible years, and when its good they lose on a walk-off game 7 to the Marlins.

Just the tip of the iceberg, amazingly.
-LeBron tearing the city's heart out
-Depressed economy
-Art Modell for no good reason moving to Baltimore, only to field a Super Bowl team
-Browns have never made the Super Bowl ever. They came one play short 2 separate times: 1) "The Fumble" where Earnest Byner fumbled a game-tying TD score with 4-minutes to go in the AFC CHampionship game. 2) "The Drive" - Elway drives the ball 98 yards and scores the game-tying TD with just 37 seconds to go to send the Broncos to the Super Bowl; 3) In an AFC playoff game, they were down by 2 points to the Raiders with one minute to go. They got to the 13 yard line, meaning a 30 yard field goal wins the game. They called a play "red right 88" and tell the QB to throw the ball away if nothing is there. Instead, the QB throws an INT and they lose the game
-"The Shot" - Jordan nails an unbelievable shot over Craig Ehlo to lose the first round of the NBA playoffs
-Losing game 7 of the 1997 World Series in the last inning

KCtotheSB
10-10-2011, 01:13 AM
I don't want Cassel to be the future of this team. I understand what needs to happen in order for that to not come true: we need to suck and suck hard. I know this.

Every Sunday though, I'm at the sports bar with my Chiefs hat on getting pissed at every play that goes wrong, becoming elated with every strong Chiefs play and still hoping we have more points than the other guys by the time the clock hits :00.

Tell me I'm a goddamn retard, but I can't wish for my favorite team to lose. I can better accept losses with Andrew Luck in mind, but I cannot actively hope the Chiefs lose a game.