PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
10-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. As a hard core Chiefs fan, there are times when your life and family responsibilities encroach on game day. Today was one of those days for me. If you're a married guy like me (17 years) this has probably happened to you, too. Last night as I was sitting and stewing in the stinky soup that was Mizzou's rotten loss, my wife (a huge KSU fan) gleefully reminded me that today is her sister's birthday, and we were supposed to be at her sister's house across town at 12 Noon. I reminded my wifey that 12 Noon was kickoff for the Chiefs game. Wifey says "Oh, the game will be on over there. You can watch it. And there'll be deviled eggs. You like deviled eggs." So in order to avoid sleeping on the couch, I find myself in Sister in Law's living room, watching an old school 26 inch tube TV -desperately missing my 50-inch Plasma flat screen. There's all these women milling around, yapping about all things not football, while I'm trying to concentrate on the game. I'm in married guy Hell. Lunch was pretty good, so this week I'll run down what we had to eat, and a few takes on the game itself. Since I just got home about an hour ago, lots of stuff has already been discussed in detail, so I'll keep it brief this week. Food 10: Deviled eggs, sprinkled with paprika. Bad for you, but tastes sooooo good.

9. As I was nursing my first beer, the first quarter looked a lot like the Detroit game. Defense couldn't stop the pass, couldn't tackle, couldn't stop Indy's third string guy -who, BTW looked a little like Sam Kinison- and looked like they were going to lay their typical Indy road game egg. McGraw was missing tackles, Flowers getting beat, Carr getting beat. It looked bad. Today's 17 point deficit comeback tied the all time Chiefs record for a comeback win. Food 9: I was drinking Bass Ale, a fine Pale Ale brewed by InBev, the foreign f*cks that bought out Budweiser.

8. My sister in law kept trying to "over-host" me. "Do you want a pillow? What's the score? Do you want some dip? We have dip. How bout some veggies? We have carrots and celery sticks... Come into the kitchen, it's time to pray before we eat lunch." OK, so I go in to pray with the Catholics, during the prayer the Colts throw a 60 yard bomb to go up 17-zip. I stopped praying and started gnawing on a carrot. Food 8: Raw carrots and celery sticks: Good things to eat when you're angry. I chewed the carrot like Bugs Bunny.

7. Yes, the Colts suck. They're hurt arguably as bad or worse than the Chiefs are hurt. I think the game complexion changed when Addai got hurt. Indy only had 79 yards rushing. Defensive line did a decent job plugging up the gaps. No sacks today, which was disappointing considering Indy was running a patched up line and their third string QB. Pass defense was poor in the first half, improved greatly in the second half. Romeo pitched a shutout in the second half, so the adjustments worked. It saved the game. Food 7: Chicken, Burger or Hot Dog? Cheeseburger with tomato, onion, dill pickle and some Gates BBQ sauce. And a couple napkins.

6. Dwayne Bowe has matured as a player. He stepped up like an All-Pro should when the team needed a spark. In the stats it looks like The Duke of Dink threw four TDs. In truth, two of those TDs were pure effort by the receivers. Breaston was nearly as good as Bowe, Both guys were clutch when they needed to be. Bowe had over 100 yards, and his circus catch was a thing of beauty. Duke of Dink spread the ball to eight different receivers, and that's usually a positive when lots of guys get touches. Pope only had eight yards on two catches, which shows how much we miss Moeaki. Probably a good thing not throwing Baldwin into the game today. We didn't need him, and now he's got two more weeks to heal and wrap his head around the playbook. Food 6: BBQ beans from Zarda's BBQ. Their beans aren't the best in the city, but pretty darned tasty.

5. The offensive line only gave up two sacks. That's the good news. Bad news is, Duke of Dink was hurried and rushed, a lot. He had an intentional grounding that was his own fault for holding the ball way too long. Cassel still has a difficult time spotting open receivers. If the primary guy isn't open, it's checkdown time. The only thing that saved his bacon today was the ground game. Chiefs popped a couple runs with "The illusive Thomas Jones" early on, so Indy had to respect the run. Jones averaged 5.5 per carry. That's a good day for him. Food 5: Amish potato salad. Who knew the Amish had a way with potato salad???

4. I've been in Jackie Battle's camp all year. I know, I know. He sucks, he fumbles, he's not Jamaal Charles..blah blah. Look, he barely made the team. He probably doesn't make 90 percent of the lineups in the NFL. But dude iced the game last week with some tough runs, and dude ran for 119 on 19 carries today. That's a game, no matter who the back is. That's Charles-like. And again this week he made the tough yards to ice the game at the end. He held onto the ball, ground the clock. That's something the Chiefs were sorely missing last year. Chiefs won time of possession today, a critical stat. Food 4: There's always room for Jello. What's pot luck without Jello?

3. I guess Coach Haley said he's not going to shave until he loses. He's going to start looking like the Unabomber before much longer. Got to give the coaching staff props today. Chiefs were much better on third down -8 for 14- and offense averaged over six yards per offensive play. Five penalties is still a lot, and the stupid Raider like penalties -like Bowe spiking a ball in play- still shows some discipline problems. The Chiefs have been a poor road team. This may well be the only road win we get this year, so certainly take it when you can get it. Food 3: Everybody has home grown garden tomatoes this time of year. Until you've had home grown tomatoes, you don't know a real tomato is supposed to taste like.

2. Succop had no field goal attempts today. I think it might be a good thing that he got a mulligan week. Since the bye is next week, hopefully he'll be over his issues and lose the "kicking yips." Did you notice the TV broadcast kept showing Manning every time KC scored, like "if Peyton was in, there's no way the Chiefs would be winning." Heh, suck it, Peyton. Besides, he cashed in on the big bonus bucks after his contract got extended, so, he's laughing all the way to the bank. Even if this game means squat in the grand scheme of the season, it was nice to beat these pukes in their house at least one time. We still owe them three playoff losses to even up, but watching them choke one up at home was great. Food 2: Time for dessert: What to have? Pie -Cherry, Pumpkin, Apple? German Chocolate Cake? Ice Cream? I like pie. Cherry pie with ice cream.

1. Now the Chiefs have two weeks to get ready for "Raider Week." This one will be a biggie, considering the demise of Squiggy the Crypt Keeper. 2-3 is not great, but not awful. If you looked at the schedule when it first came out, most fans would figure the Chiefs at 3-2. And those three losses don't look so awful when you consider who we've lost to, all contending teams. I still think we're looking at a five or six win season, depending on how things go against Denver. Food 1: Sis in Law sent us home with a huge doggie bag of goodies. See Food, Steps 10 to 2, and repeat tomorrow night!

Baconeater
10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Your wife's sister's birthday is not important enough to encroach on gameday. No way, no how.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 09:13 PM
"Duane" Bowe is carrying this team.

Baconeater
10-09-2011, 09:13 PM
I mean seriously, how old is your wife's sister? Birthdays should stop meaning anything once your past the age of 12. Good grief.

gblowfish
10-09-2011, 09:14 PM

Yep, sorry, sleepy guy writing.

Demonpenz
10-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Not everyones an asshole Bug

Claynus
10-09-2011, 09:17 PM
well, now we know who wears the pants in the blowfish house

Deberg_1990
10-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Hahaha, hilarious this week George. I think most married guys can relate to your pain today. Made me chuckle anyways.

Nice to get a win today. Most impressive was coming back from being 17 down twice. Then closing the game out at the end with several nice Battle runs. That's impressive no matter who your playing against.

Baconeater
10-09-2011, 09:21 PM
well, now we know who wears the pants in the blowfish house
Oh, and just for the record I don't blame George for going. I blame his wife's sister for having a birthday party to begin with, and during a Chiefs game no less.

Lumpy
10-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I always look forward to the post-game takes by you, Mr. gblowfish. However, it sounds like you're going to be on the shitter for at least an hour tomorrow. LMAO

Okie_Apparition
10-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Did she get lipstick on the candles

gblowfish
10-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I always look forward to the post-game takes by you, Mr. gblowfish. However, it sounds like you're going to be on the shitter for at least an hour tomorrow. LMAO
Well, luckily there'll be lots of Chiefs News in the sports page, so that's a plus...

milkman
10-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Cassel was not hurried and harrased often.

6 pressures other that the sacks, at most.

He had planty of time to make decisions.

I just don't know how you dumbasses come up with this stupid fucking bullshit.

Reerun_KC
10-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Enjoyed the game. Still holding out for a round 1 QB...

But wins are so much better then losses..

Extra Point
10-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I helped rebuild some machine parts today. Heard on the radio we won, during such. Fun for only those involved. Yay!

Demonpenz
10-09-2011, 09:29 PM
They doubled the crap out of Mathias Freeney, Thomas Jones had some nice blocks, I thought maybe they were going to fall in that trap back in the day they would take Johnson Out and it was obvious they weren't going to run the ball then.

Deberg_1990
10-09-2011, 09:33 PM

I just don't know how you dumbasses come up with this stupid ****ing bullshit.

With what sh*t? Nobody is declaring Cassel the next Aaron Rodgers or anything.

milkman
10-09-2011, 09:34 PM
With what sh*t? Nobody is declaring Cassel the next Aaron Rodgers or anything.

The stupid shit that says that the O-Line had protection problems.

That's bullshit, you stupid shit.

Lumpy
10-09-2011, 09:36 PM

Well, SHIT...

ROFL

gblowfish
10-09-2011, 09:37 PM

The Colts had two sacks and forced an intentional grounding. That would be classified under "protection problems." Line did much better than expected in pass protection, mostly because the run game was working. We'll see how they do vs. the Raiders front wall in two weeks.

DeezNutz
10-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Still holding out for a round 1 QB...

But wins are so much better then losses..

Pretty much this.

milkman
10-09-2011, 09:49 PM
The Colts had two sacks and forced an intentional grounding. That would be classified under "protection problems." Line did much better than expected in pass protection, mostly because the run game was working. We'll see how they do vs. the Raiders front wall in two weeks.

There isn't any team that doensn't give up some pressures?

How many times did Cassel drop back.

Close to 30 times, and he was only pressured about 6 times.

That's a good day, especially against Mathis and Freeney.

Any QB in the league would take that.

KurtCobain
10-09-2011, 09:50 PM
What kind of creature plans anything in October for "Sunday at noon"?

milkman
10-09-2011, 09:53 PM
What kind of creature plans anything in October for "Sunday at noon"?

Stupid women.

My wife knows that my Sundays are booked.

KurtCobain
10-09-2011, 09:55 PM
That's just a horrible time for anything to be planned even if it wasn't football season. Sunday afternoons are exclusive male time, no questions asked. There's fish to be caught, balls to be swung at and stadiums to fill.

BigMeatballDave
10-09-2011, 09:57 PM
German Potato Salad is the best.

Jello Gelatin, or Pudding? Big difference. Gelatin sucks.

gblowfish
10-09-2011, 09:59 PM
German Potato Salad is the best.

Jello Gelatin, or Pudding? Big difference. Gelatin sucks.

It was red jello with little pieces of fruit in it. A staple of any Catholic pot luck.

BigMeatballDave
10-09-2011, 10:03 PM
It was red jello with little pieces of fruit in it. A staple of any Catholic pot luck.Yuck. Fruit in Gelatin is an incarnate of something evil.

KurtCobain
10-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Yeah, Sunday woman parties at noon, jello with fruit in it, and you live in Independence. I do not envy you any longer Mr Blowfish. I'm doing okay with my drugs and fat bitches.

Baconeater
10-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Yuck. Fruit in Gelatin is an incarnate of something evil.
I always like the red jello with bananas in it. Other than that, I agree.

Caseyguyrr
10-09-2011, 10:22 PM
HAHA i hear you on #8, ive been to some parties that are even worse by the host

BigMeatballDave
10-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I always like the red jello with bananas in it. Other than that, I agree.

I just dont like gelatin in general. I mean, what is it? Really, its thick Kool-aid.

Smed1065
10-09-2011, 11:09 PM

Deal with it because the old crust made it so.

I hope he dies in a aids fire so CP will improve.
:clap:

DA_T_84
10-09-2011, 11:17 PM

You bet your ass he is.

jd1020
10-09-2011, 11:19 PM
You bet your ass he is.

Looks like Haley after one more year with Cassel.

KCFalcon59
10-09-2011, 11:24 PM
If your wife makes you go somewhere on Sundays, that place should be equipped with a large screen HDTV for your trouble.

Fruit Ninja
10-09-2011, 11:24 PM
I mean seriously, how old is your wife's sister? Birthdays should stop meaning anything once your past the age of 12. Good grief.

Fuck that. Im in my mid 30's and in my family we do it big for everyones bday. I hope its always like that. Always

gblowfish
10-10-2011, 08:46 AM
If your wife makes you go somewhere on Sundays, that place should be equipped with a large screen HDTV for your trouble.

I agree. It was 1986 all over again!

Demonpenz
10-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Did you have to change channels with Needle nose plyers?

loochy
10-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Oh you poor baby...you had to watch on a regular TV! Hell, at least you get the game on tv there!

gblowfish
10-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Oh you poor baby...you had to watch on a regular TV! Hell, at least you get the game on tv there!

You just need to spring for Direct TV...
Or get the Hell out of Ft. Worth.

Bob Dole
10-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Food 6: BBQ beans from Zarda's BBQ. Their beans aren't the best in the city, but pretty darned tasty.

They are by gosh the best KC beans Bob Dole can buy at the grocery store here...

loochy
10-10-2011, 09:11 AM
You just need to spring for Direct TV...
Or get the Hell out of Ft. Worth.

I really like my Uverse - F all that satellite racket.

patteeu
10-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Deviled eggs are not bad for you, unless you make them with something like arsenic.

BigRichard
10-10-2011, 09:19 AM
All of that and no mention of Cassel?

loochy
10-10-2011, 09:19 AM
It sounds like you had plenty to eat. Just be glad that they actually had the game on there...they easily could have been using the TV to watch old home movies or something gay like that.

gblowfish
10-10-2011, 09:23 AM
It sounds like you had plenty to eat. Just be glad that they actually had the game on there...they easily could have been using the TV to watch old home movies or something gay like that.

Or showing their wedding video. She just got married a year ago. I would have been in the nearest bar with a TV so fast....

gblowfish
10-10-2011, 09:37 AM
It's always fun to read the opposing city newpaper the next day:
http://tinyurl.com/3r6qbug

Heh, second half was so bad it induced a Double Face Palm from this guy!

seclark
10-10-2011, 10:47 AM
nice read, george.

i listened to the game driving home from omaha. pulled in my driveway and there were about a dozen vehicles parked in it. the wife was having a "scentsy candle"(wtf?) party. i just left the radio on and sat in the truck til it was over.
when they all left, i went in and picked through some leftover shit w/toothpicks stuck in it and finished off what was left in the wine bottles.
sec

Deberg_1990
10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
It's always fun to read the opposing city newpaper the next day:
http://tinyurl.com/3r6qbug

Heh, second half was so bad it induced a Double Face Palm from this guy!

Heres another one. I love it, this sounds like something the Chiefs 'Career Day" D would have done.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111010/SPORTS15/110100341/Bob-Kravitz-Colts-defense-takes-responsibility-loss?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

But they gave up 119 rushing yards to someone named Jackie Battle, who sounds like a character from a Will Ferrell film. Battle, for those who don't know, is a fourth-year special-teamer and third running back who had gained 155 yards his career until this game. The Colts made him look like a cross between Jim Brown and Barry Sanders.

LVNHACK
10-10-2011, 11:15 AM
**** that. Im in my mid 30's and in my family we do it big for everyones bday. I hope its always like that. Always

You're also in Cali...enough said

Alton deFlat
10-10-2011, 11:26 AM
1. Now the Chiefs have two weeks to get ready for "Raider Week." This one will be a biggie, considering the demise of Squiggy the Crypt Keeper. 2-3 is not great, but not awful.

On a related note of the above mentioned; after watching some of the highlights of the Raiders/Texans game, where in the hell does Al Davis' son get his hair cut? I do NOT, under ANY circumstances, want to do to the same place. If I did, I think I'd have to set my hair on fire

HemiEd
10-10-2011, 11:33 AM

Is milkman constipated?

Try some fiber in your diet.

gblowfish
10-10-2011, 11:35 AM
On a related note of the above mentioned; after watching some of the highlights of the Raiders/Texans game, where in the hell does Al Davis' son get his hair cut? I do NOT, under ANY circumstances, want to do to the same place. If I did, I think I'd have to set my hair on fire

Mark Davis looks like Al and Jon Gruden's love child. I vote we start hating him now, why waste any time?

Chiefnj2
10-10-2011, 11:36 AM

The same place as Bucky Larson.

JASONSAUTO
10-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Mark Davis looks like Al and Jon Gruden's love child. I vote we start hating him now, why waste any time?

you dont already?

you old fuckers sure are late to the party sometimes...

FringeNC
10-10-2011, 11:47 AM
How could you have a list of ten things about the game, and not mention Painter? he was throwing darts, hitting guys in stride who were covered (other than Flowers blown coverage). He looked fantastic. Of course, we'd like to blame our defense, but I am not so sure. It'll be interesting to see how he does his next game.

Okie_Apparition
10-10-2011, 11:48 AM
I like the lime jell-O with shaved carrots

gblowfish
10-10-2011, 12:03 PM
How could you have a list of ten things about the game, and not mention Painter? he was throwing darts, hitting guys in stride who were covered (other than Flowers blown coverage). He looked fantastic. Of course, we'd like to blame our defense, but I am not so sure. It'll be interesting to see how he does his next game.
I mentioned him. I said he looked like Sam Kinison.

whoman69
10-10-2011, 04:14 PM
BTW, that was a horrible grounding call. He had a receiver in front of him which he purposely overthrew because he wasn't open.

jlscorpio
10-11-2011, 12:24 AM
who the fuck still has a tube TV??? Seriously, you can get a new 32" 720p for chump change now. And damn sure if you're entaining guests, ESPECIALLY ON GAMEDAY!!!

HemiEd
10-11-2011, 07:34 AM
who the **** still has a tube TV??? Seriously, you can get a new 32" 720p for chump change now. And damn sure if you're entaining guests, ESPECIALLY ON GAMEDAY!!!

We still have 4 of them, they work just fine. :D

Reerun_KC
10-11-2011, 07:35 AM
who the **** still has a tube TV??? Seriously, you can get a new 32" 720p for chump change now. And damn sure if you're entaining guests, ESPECIALLY ON GAMEDAY!!!

I have 5 of them and an HD projection..

And my guest dont complain...

Deberg_1990
10-11-2011, 07:40 AM

If youve had one for years and it still works fine, why go buy a new TV?

WV
10-11-2011, 08:06 AM
who the fuck still has a tube TV??? Seriously, you can get a new 32" 720p for chump change now. And damn sure if you're entaining guests, ESPECIALLY ON GAMEDAY!!!

I would rather watch a big tube TV than go to the person's house who has the nice big flat screen TV with no HD.

Coogs
10-11-2011, 08:14 AM

I just don't know how you dumbasses come up with this stupid fucking bullshit.

I would guess Cutler was hurried and harrased 6 times in his first 6 passing attempts last night. That is the type of pressure Cassel has not shown the ability to deal with. And when we played the Lions, our O-line did a pretty fair job of giving Cassel time. IMO, our O-line is much better than some here would give them credit for being.

Chiefnj2
10-11-2011, 08:21 AM
I would guess Cutler was hurried and harrased 6 times in his first 6 passing attempts last night. That is the type of pressure Cassel has not shown the ability to deal with. And when we played the Lions, our O-line did a pretty fair job of giving Cassel time. IMO, our O-line is much better than some here would give them credit for being.

The lines pass blocking has been pretty good this year. They had some trouble with run blocking in earlier games, but did a good job against Indy. The line can't be blamed for any passing game shortcomings this year (so far).

crispystl420
10-11-2011, 06:44 PM

The two things I like most about Chiefsplanet are 1.) GFID up and 2.) 10 things about today's game. The Star should give you an article every Monday George.

crispystl420
10-11-2011, 06:48 PM
For the record I give in and do stupid shit my wife wants to do on Saturdays after college football season is over. She knows Sundays are ****ing off limits.

Dartgod
10-11-2011, 07:35 PM
My niece got married at 2:00 on a recent Sunday. Of course we had to be there early and missed out on a full day of football.

Thankfully, it was week 2 against Detroit, so no harm done.

Baconeater
10-11-2011, 07:41 PM
If youve had one for years and it still works fine, why go buy a new TV?
This. I bought a top of the line JVC 32" tube TV back in 2004 when flat screens were still prohibitively expensive, and I'm keeping that fugger until it explodes.

gblowfish
10-11-2011, 07:52 PM
This. I bought a top of the line JVC 32" tube TV back in 2004 when flat screens were still prohibitively expensive, and I'm keeping that fugger until it explodes.

I had a 32" JVC tube before I got the Panasonic Plasma. Bought it from Best Buy in 1987, it lasted with heavy useage until 2009. That's pretty good mileage. One of the color guns went out, and the Chiefs uniforms looked bright pink like that hoodie thing Haley was wearing a few weeks back. I bought the Panasonic before the next road game.

Baconeater
10-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I had a 32" JVC tube before I got the Panasonic Plasma. Bought it from Best Buy in 1987, it lasted with heavy useage until 2009. That's pretty good mileage. One of the color guns went out, and the Chiefs uniforms looked bright pink like that hoodie thing Haley was wearing a few weeks back. I bought the Panasonic before the next road game. Well crap, I hope it doesn't last that long. I'd like a flat screen before I turn 50.

WV
10-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Well crap, I hope it doesn't last that long. I'd like a flat screen before I turn 50.

Ha....careful what you ask for! :)

Fruit Ninja
10-12-2011, 12:37 AM
You're also in Cali...enough said

Well, im truely sorry you family doesnt like one another! That shit is sad.

Rausch
10-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Well, im truely sorry you family doesnt like one another! That shit is sad.

It's pretty common, actually...

Rausch
10-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Well crap, I hope it doesn't last that long. I'd like a flat screen before I turn 50.

I'd also like a playoff win before I die but we gotta' work with what we got...

Guru
10-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Stupid women.

My wife knows that my Sundays are booked.

I still can't get my kids to understand that the TV is MINE for a minimum of 4 hours on Sundays. IF one of the other games interest me at all then tack on another 3 hours.

Yet, every Sunday, "Dad can we watch a movie?" "sure, downstairs." "daaaaaad"