PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why the Chiefs have a good chance against Bye.

DaKCMan AP
10-10-2011, 09:17 AM
First, let me say that Bye is a formidable opponent and I think it will be a tough, tough game.

Second, let me say that I am not predicting the Chiefs will completely turn the season around and be able to beat teams like the Pats or Packers.

Now, here are the reasons that I think the Chiefs have a good shot against the Bye.

#1) Our WR's versue Bye's secondary. The Chiefs finally have a decent talent at #1, #2 and #3 receiver. Bowe, Breaston and Colbert are the best three that this team has had in a while. The more encouraging part is that the Chiefs are going against the bye and can get Baldwin worked into the offense more. The Chiefs will be able to spread the Bye out and have two WR's that can go up and get the ball. They also have two guys who can work underneath. The Bye's secondary is non-existent and the Chiefs are evolving into and offense that can exploit it. I mean, the WRs should run free and uncovered.

The Bye don't have a good pass rush, but the Chiefs have Matty Cassel at QB so they'll still need to do a lot of 3 step drops and get the ball out. But, the Bye will have a hard time containing the YAC of Bowe and Breaston, especially since they'll be uncovered.

#2) Jackie Battle. This is going to be the least physical game the Chiefs have played all year. The Chiefs were a run first team last year, but they were much more of a finess run team. Jackie Battle gives them a physical, in your face runner. This will help the Chiefs mentaility going into and during this game. Not saying he is better than JC, just a better fit for this game. Also, I Don't expect him to run all over the Bye. I expect him to run all over air because the Bye doesn't have a defensive line.

#3) No QB. The teams that have beaten us all have QB's that are playing very well this year. Fitzpatrick, Stafford are top ten in passer rating and have played at an elite level. Rivers is actually below them in performance this year, but still well above what the Chiefs will face in the Bye. The Chiefs were able to shut down a rushing attack in Minnesota because they didn't have to worry about McNabb picking them apart.

#4) Penalties. If the Chiefs don't get intimidated by no one lining up opposite them, the Chiefs should be able to be penalty free for the first time this season.

Finally, a look at the teams the Bye have beaten should also encourage us. They haven't beaten anyone. Sure, they've had ties with Baltimore, Cleveland, Dallas, Miami, St. Louis, and Washington. But, at the same time they were shutout by all of them.

The Bye had their first game yesterday. And, their offense was dominated statistically. They had zero total yards. Our D should have a good week.

The Bye is clearly on the upswing. Their season is just getting started. The Chiefs will have their hands full. I just think it will be a very close game. Could be scoreless. I don't think the Bye will dominate the Chiefs physically like the preseason.

Now, you can answer these points with points you think the Chiefs have no shot or add other things that you think could help the Chiefs.

I may be foolish to even think the Chiefs have a chance, but I think the Chiefs have a very good chance.

OnTheWarpath58
10-10-2011, 09:18 AM
LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk
10-10-2011, 09:18 AM
:clap:

Der Flöprer
10-10-2011, 09:19 AM
The bye is coming to play this year.

tredadda
10-10-2011, 09:19 AM
:hmmm:

Good points. LOL

DMAC
10-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Seriously, the bye does scare me a bit.

KCUnited
10-10-2011, 09:21 AM
The Bye will pound the Chiefs a new asshole. Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston cannot handle Bye's bump and run and the Bye's DL will dominate the Chiefs OL. On offense, the Bye will exploit the Chiefs slow defense and someone could have 200 yards rushing. The Bye is a bad matchup for both the Broncos and the Chiefs.

notorious
10-10-2011, 09:25 AM
The Bye will pound the Chiefs a new asshole. Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston cannot handle Bye's bump and run and the Bye's DL will dominate the Chiefs OL. On offense, the Bye will exploit the Chiefs slow defense and someone could have 200 yards rushing. The Bye is a bad matchup for both the Broncos and the Chiefs.

ByeMo2782?

BoneKrusher
10-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Seriously, the bye does scare me a bit.

:clap:;)

Demonpenz
10-10-2011, 09:26 AM
this thread is bye-sexual

Der Flöprer
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM
this thread is bye-sexual

So is my wife. I'm definitely not getting any this week.

DaKCMan AP
10-10-2011, 10:54 AM
So is my wife. I'm definitely not getting any this week.

LMAO

gblowfish
10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I'll bet we waste at least two second half timeouts vs. Bye trying to get plays in.

loochy
10-10-2011, 11:09 AM
The combined record of bye this season is 0-5. I think we stand a good chance of winning. Who would have picked bye to go 0-5 before the season started. This is one of those games that shows that anything can happen in the NFL.

jd1020
10-10-2011, 11:10 AM
The combined record of bye this season is 0-5. I think we stand a good chance of winning. Who would have picked bye to go 0-5 before the season started. This is one of those games that shows that anything can happen in the NFL.

The bye is 0-0-5 you fucking liar!

lcarus
10-10-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't know man...the bye looked pretty good against St. Louis...

Shaid
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
I think the best we could hope for is a tie...

ChiefGator
10-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Any word on if we are going to see Baldwin on the field next weekend?

jd1020
10-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Any word on if we are going to see Baldwin on the field next weekend?

Reports are slowly coming in that Jones' vehicle was seen leaving Baldwins residence late last night. So, probably not.

lcarus
10-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Sam Bradford couldn't handle the pressure of the bye. What makes you think Matt Cassel can?!

jd1020
10-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Sam Bradford couldn't handle the pressure of the bye. What makes you think Matt Cassel can?!

The BYE wont be able to catch Cassel before he double taps his heels to activate his rocket boots and fly out of the pocket.

Gonzo
10-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Flowers will probably tear his ACL vs. the bye.

Pants
10-10-2011, 12:10 PM
The BYE wont be able to catch Cassel before he double taps his heels to activate his rocket boots and fly out of the pocket.

LMAO

BoneKrusher
10-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I'll bet we waste at least two second half timeouts vs. Bye trying to get plays in.

i bet Haley wont shake hands after the game vs the bye either.:D

threebag02
10-10-2011, 12:24 PM
**** the bye is a three point favorite at home.

I'll take the OVER. Mark Cassel is going light it up.

KC Tattoo
10-10-2011, 12:32 PM
i bet Haley wont shake hands after the game vs the bye either.:D

He won't shake hands with bye. He would however show gblowfish that he is still #1 4321

KCrockaholic
10-10-2011, 12:35 PM
What's sad is I read all of this one, and on the other I got about 1/3 way down and stopped.

Mr. Wizard
10-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Mr. Wizard just duly informed me that the Byes' secret is the fact that they have a contractual obligation to not participate in preseason games.
No injuries and extended prep time. Not exactly fair.
I never thought of it but he has a valid point.
I just asked him what the spread was and he said zero and the over under is zero too.
I am seriously thinking about getting in on that action :hmmm:

-King-
10-10-2011, 04:10 PM
After the off season the bye put together, I don't see any way we beat them.
Posted via Mobile Device

whoman69
10-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I heard the bye is down with suck for Luck.

Ugly Duck
10-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Who would have picked bye to go 0-5 before the season started.

I keep telling you guys - the strike-shortened preseason affected some in the NFL more than others. It'll even out by mid season.

whoman69
10-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Latest news from Vegas, the early line is favoring the bye by 3.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-10-2011, 06:22 PM
I can't see us scoring a single point against the Bye.

Beerthirty
10-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Im gonna go ahead and call it. Todd Haley will be fired after the bye loss.:D

crispystl420
10-10-2011, 07:54 PM
I heard the bye is down with suck for Luck.

Yeah, we will lose to the bye they will get Luck and will beat us once a year for the next twenty.