PDA

View Full Version : Football In Denver, the natives will likely get what they have craved...

Mile High Mania
10-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Hola - I haven't been around much lately... I've just been way too busy and quite frankly, our respective teams just haven't given me much to chat about.

I was unable to watch the game yesterday and it really doesn't look like I missed much, aside from the final minute or so.

Anyway, it would appear that the Denver media and a lot of fans will receive their wishes after the bye week. By all accounts, EFX will let Tebow determine through the final 11 games whether or not the Broncos have their QBotF with Tebow or if they'll be in the Luck Sweepstakes.

I have not been the biggest fan of Tebow - there's nothing I really don't like about him, but I just never thought he could be a top tier NFL QB. I'll admit that there is an excitement created when he's playing... half "oh my gosh, is he going to make it happen" and half "WTF?" ;)

Anyway, as they head into the bye week at 1-4 ... it's definitely the time to say, let him have a shot and see what happens in the final 11 games.

@ Dolphins
Lions
@ Raiders
@ Chiefs
Jets
@ Chargers
@ Vikings
Bears
Patriots
@ Bills
Chiefs

That's a tough schedule for the most part with some interesting matchups. I hope for the best and in reality, I'd like for them to find out that they actually have their QBotF and avoid another venture with a rookie QB, even if it is Luck.

I hope Tebow is able to prove me and others wrong... I'm cautiously optimistic, but I don't know how many wins to expect in that stretch. We'll see.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

jd1020
10-10-2011, 10:36 AM
I see 5 wins and no way the Broncos get Luck /wishfulthinking

mlyonsd
10-10-2011, 11:04 AM
The one thing that stood out watching him yesterday was his arm.

My 9 year old grandaughters can throw better than Tebow.

jd1020
10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
The one thing that stood out watching him yesterday was his arm.

My 9 year old grandaughters can throw better than Tebow.

I'm going to be a realist here and let you know that they can't.

Demonpenz
10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I would straight up pound the ball with Tebow, Get your moneys worth out of him. get 30 carries.

loochy
10-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Uh oh...they might beat the dolphins, vikings, and chiefs once. I really hope they do...no luck for Denver!

Okie_Apparition
10-10-2011, 12:07 PM
False prophet or John the Baptist

thecoffeeguy
10-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Nothing against Tebow, but he really does not throw the ball well. Highly inaccurate and the windup...

-King-
10-10-2011, 12:10 PM
They should just make him a running back as a way of replacing hillis. He can't pass worth a shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

JD10367
10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
When it comes to being a football QB, there are intangibles that cannot be measured. Tom Brady has them. Physically he was unimpressive coming out of college (hence the drop to Round Six). Another player like that was Jets QB Chad Pennington--who, IMO, if not for the injury issues, would've been a very good QB. Going back a bit, another Patriot QB who had "it" was Doug Flutie: too small to play QB, supposedly, but all he did was win. (Crossing positions, another player like that is Patriots WR Wes Welker. He's a short white guy, and yet he's blowing away the stat sheets.)

IMO I think Tebow is one of those guys. He may not throw the prettiest deep pass, and he may aggravate you, but he can make things happen. I would not mind having him as the Patriots' backup QB at all. I think Belichick could work wonders with him. Orton, when he's on his game, may be stronger and more accurate but with Orton you know where the ceiling is (and it's pretty low IMO). With Tebow, you have no idea.

KC Tattoo
10-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Heh, for Tebow I don't think it matters much how good or not good he could be. He plays with reckless abandonment & I predect a very short stint in the NFL due to injury.

Donkos can Suck IT no matter what they do. IMO, Brady Quinn would be the better option than Orton or Tebow just to see what you got in him. Fuck the Donkos tho.

tooge
10-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I find it funny that 6 weeks ago, many in the Denver media, as well as the football media in general, were saying that he was #3 on the depth chart and they would likely cut him if it weren't for his salary as a first rounder. Now he's the QBOTF? Be real. Denver is going to draft a QB with their first pick, and as Chiefs fans, we can only hope they don't get a shot a Luck.

Brock
10-10-2011, 12:34 PM
After teams start studying film on him, he'll start looking like dogshit.

Dave Lane
10-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I hope he wins 6 games for the donks

MagicHef
10-10-2011, 01:26 PM
When it comes to being a football QB, there are intangibles that cannot be measured. Tom Brady has them. Physically he was unimpressive coming out of college (hence the drop to Round Six). Another player like that was Jets QB Chad Pennington--who, IMO, if not for the injury issues, would've been a very good QB. Going back a bit, another Patriot QB who had "it" was Doug Flutie: too small to play QB, supposedly, but all he did was win. (Crossing positions, another player like that is Patriots WR Wes Welker. He's a short white guy, and yet he's blowing away the stat sheets.)

IMO I think Tebow is one of those guys. He may not throw the prettiest deep pass, and he may aggravate you, but he can make things happen. I would not mind having him as the Patriots' backup QB at all. I think Belichick could work wonders with him. Orton, when he's on his game, may be stronger and more accurate but with Orton you know where the ceiling is (and it's pretty low IMO). With Tebow, you have no idea.

I agree with your first paragraph. I have problems with your second. Tebow actually throws a pretty amazing deep ball, it's the short stuff he sometimes struggles with. Also, anyone that describes Orton as "strong" or "accurate" has not watched him much at all.

notorious
10-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Some how, some way he sparks their team.

They are better with him at QB.

FAX
10-10-2011, 01:58 PM
I must have missed something.

What happened to Orton? And I thought that Tebow was the 3rd string QB?

FAX

BigMeatballDave
10-10-2011, 02:03 PM

Yep. As long as he can get Denver 5 or more wins and prevent them from drafting Luck, I'm good.

Bane
10-10-2011, 02:25 PM
"I'd like for them to find out that they actually have their QBotF and avoid another venture with a rookie QB, even if it is Luck"
:D

GOLD!!!!!

orange
10-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I must have missed something.

A couple things.

What happened to Orton?

6 - 21

And I thought that Tebow was the 3rd string QB?

That was in training camp. Then Brady Quinn showed what he had in the pre-season.

CoMoChief
10-10-2011, 06:32 PM
They seemed to show a little bit of life when Tebow was in there.

Having that said I don't think he'll be a good QB. Still think Orton gives them the better chance to win games.

Setsuna
10-10-2011, 06:33 PM

LOL wrong. The Chargers have played against him before for a full game last year. They knew what to expect and still couldn't stop him. So no. Hush.

listopencil
10-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I find it funny that 6 weeks ago, many in the Denver media, as well as the football media in general, were saying that he was #3 on the depth chart and they would likely cut him if it weren't for his salary as a first rounder. Now he's the QBOTF? Be real. Denver is going to draft a QB with their first pick, and as Chiefs fans, we can only hope they don't get a shot a Luck.

Yeah, you have to realize that the Denver area media outlets are pure garbage.

O.city
10-10-2011, 06:36 PM
The guy was 4-10 for 78 yards with two completions and 45 yards of that coming against a prevent defense in the last minute. It's not like he lit the world on fire.

However they did show a spark. Although I am really starting to question just how good the Chargers are this eyar. I know they are 4-1 but in all honesty it feels like another 2-4 start.

Count Alex's Wins
10-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Bump the thread where you were telling us the Broncos could finish 8-8, moron. LMAO

JD10367
10-10-2011, 06:39 PM
LOL wrong. The Chargers have played against him before for a full game last year. They knew what to expect and still couldn't stop him. So no. Hush.

If anything, an improvisor is harder to study for. Take Rapistberger: you can gameplan him as much as you want but, if he gets out of the pocket and scrambles, all bets are off.

Setsuna
The only thing holding Tebow back is himself and how hard he wants to work to improve those little things which come with playing time.

If anything, an improvisor is harder to study for. Take Rapistberger: you can gameplan him as much as you want but, if he gets out of the pocket and scrambles, all bets are off.
True dat.

listopencil

Having that said I don't think he'll be a good QB. Still think Orton gives them the better chance to win games.

I'd say that was true going into this year, Tebow seems to get "rusty" really quickly. But I think that Tebow has reached the point where his intangibles trump Orton's experience. I am ready for the Broncos to move past Orton. It's time to start Tebow.

listopencil
10-10-2011, 06:41 PM
The only thing holding Tebow back is himself and how hard he wants to work to improve those little things which come with playing time.

I agree. The guy really wasn't physically gifted, he built that body through hard work. The guy isn't intellectually gifted, he just worked his ass off his whole life to learn. What he has is an incredible will to succeed. Don't bet against him.

O.city
10-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Has Tebow had to go against an good, not even elite defense yet in the NFL?

MagicHef
10-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Has Tebow had to go against an good, not even elite defense yet in the NFL?

He played against the #1 and the #2 defenses last year. While he didn't win either game, he did perform better than Orton did against both.

Count Alex's Wins
10-10-2011, 07:26 PM
The 2011 Broncos will not be as pathetic as they were in 2010... they won't be prolific, but they sure as hell won't be pathetic.

LMAO

Count Alex's Wins
10-10-2011, 07:29 PM
If Orton is healthy, I think it will be similar to 2003-2005 when Fox was in CAR... Jake and the passing game did all right.

Defensively, they should be greatly improved with Dumervil returning... two veteran additions in the middle and Miller bolstering a good LB group. The secondary is pretty solid too.

It will take some time to gel, but this defense looks much better than what they rolled out there in 2010. And, 'much better' doesn't mean top 10... they have a long way to go, but I think they can be a top 15 defense by the end of the season.

LMAO

ClevelandBronco
10-10-2011, 07:31 PM
I see 5 wins and no way the Broncos get Luck /wishfulthinking

If Tebow manages five wins, frankly I don't want Luck.

Count Alex's Wins
10-10-2011, 07:34 PM
this defense looks much better than what they rolled out there in 2010.

2010 Broncos - #31 against the run, #25 against the pass, #32 overall, #32 in points

2011 Broncos - #23 against the run, #22 against the pass, #25 overall, #30 in points

I guess you were right....

ClevelandBronco
10-10-2011, 07:36 PM

I have to say that I don't trust Fox to be the kind of coach that can find a way to use Tebow most effectively.

FAX
10-10-2011, 08:55 PM
A couple things.

6 - 21

That was in training camp. Then Brady Quinn showed what he had in the pre-season.

So ... they pulled Orton on account of his crappy record? That's it? No injury?

FAX

FAX
10-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Also, do the powers that be figure that Tebow will sell more tickets than Orton?

Honestly, I'm losing the thread of logic here. Tebow isn't seriously being considered the QBotF for the goats is he?

FAX

Mile High Mania
10-10-2011, 09:06 PM
2010 Broncos - #31 against the run, #25 against the pass, #32 overall, #32 in points

2011 Broncos - #23 against the run, #22 against the pass, #25 overall, #30 in points

I guess you were right....

Let's see how the season ends, princess.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Also, do the powers that be figure that Tebow will sell more tickets than Orton?

Honestly, I'm losing the thread of logic here. Tebow isn't seriously being considered the QBotF for the goats is he?

FAX

I said they're likely going to give him 11 games to prove his worth...

FAX
10-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I said they're likely going to give him 11 games to prove his worth...

Well, that's okay by me.

I just don't understand it. Orton isn't the greatest quarterback in the world, but he's experienced. It just seems strange to me that they decide to pull him at this point ... almost as though they want to lose a bunch of games in order to get the number 1 pick in the draft, or something.

FAX

notorious
10-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Denver is doing it the right way. See what Tebow has, and if he sucks they will be set to draft a real franchise QB.

We should be taking notes.........

ClevelandBronco
10-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Well, that's okay by me.

I just don't understand it. Orton isn't the greatest quarterback in the world, but he's experienced. It just seems strange to me that they decide to pull him at this point ... almost as though they want to lose a bunch of games in order to get the number 1 pick in the draft, or something.

FAX

Check out Orton's record. Leaving him in is a surefire way to lose games.

Count Alex's Wins
10-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Let's see how the season ends, princess.

LMAO

With Tebow starting it is only going to get worse.

Mile High Mania
10-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Denver is doing it the right way. See what Tebow has, and if he sucks they will be set to draft a real franchise QB.

We should be taking notes.........

We'll see how it goes... obviously, things weren't working out with Orton. They put him in after the half in a game that was getting out of hand. Now, they're headed into the bye week, so it's the time to pull the trigger and see what they have.

The fans and media will have to find something else to bitch about now...

MagicHef
10-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Well, that's okay by me.

FAX

Orton is tied for the most turnovers in the league this season, and was 6/13 for 34 yards and an interception when he got replaced. Tebow outperformed him in his 3 games last year, in preseason this year, and in the half he played Sunday. I'm actually upset that we wasted 4 1/2 games on Orton this season.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-10-2011, 11:45 PM

Yup.

FAX
10-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Orton is tied for the most turnovers in the league this season, and was 6/13 for 34 yards and an interception when he got replaced. Tebow outperformed him in his 3 games last year, in preseason this year, and in the half he played Sunday. I'm actually upset that we wasted 4 1/2 games on Orton this season.

Ah ... that explains it. I was unaware of Orton's deal this year ... I don't watch a lot of goat games. Thanks for the information, Mr. MagicHef.

FAX

Garcia Bronco
10-11-2011, 01:34 AM

The Pocket Sloth is a loser and a jinx. There is no way he gives us any chance to win

lcarus
10-11-2011, 02:04 AM
If Tebow manages five wins, frankly I don't want Luck.

Really? What if you win 5 games but Tebow doesn't really shine? That's enough to pass on the "#1 QB in the draft in a long time"?

Garcia Bronco
10-11-2011, 02:07 AM
I'll take Luck, but hopefully Tebow works out well.

veist
10-11-2011, 03:50 AM

All the want to and hard work in the world aren't going to fix his release. The bullets start flying and that big looping release comes right back.

Von Dumbass
10-11-2011, 05:53 AM
All the want to and hard work in the world aren't going to fix his release. The bullets start flying and that big looping release comes right back.

I don't buy that. I had one of the worst looking jump shots in the world and worked on it all summer before my junior year of HS and I never once reverted back to my old form in a game. It's all repetition. If I can change my jump shot on my own in the driveway, Tebow certainly can with the aid of professional coaching. Heck Tebow's release is already quicker than what it was last year.

BigRichard
10-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Chicken and watermelon?

HemiEd
10-11-2011, 09:32 AM

At least, maybe 8. Go Tebow! :clap: