PDA

View Full Version : Music Music Software

royr17
10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Is there any good music softwares out there now that limewire is shut down ?

I've tried frostwire it sucks, and I used to use Ares but its not working right anymore.

Does anybody know of any good ones to use that are free ?

loochy
10-10-2011, 11:11 AM
torrents

I use uTorrent.

royr17
10-10-2011, 11:13 AM
i do have a utorrent uploader, but im wanting to download some old music, and i seem to have trouble finding alot of the older songs.

loochy
10-10-2011, 11:36 AM
you may just have to break down and buy it on amazon or itunes

Demonpenz
10-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I use Itunes works well

royr17
10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
I use Itunes works well

Yea but it costs money. Limewire was free.

Pants
10-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Yea but it costs money. Limewire was free.

He was making a joke with that post, Roy.

patteeu
10-10-2011, 01:58 PM
i do have a utorrent uploader, but im wanting to download some old music, and i seem to have trouble finding alot of the older songs.

What older songs are you looking for?

royr17
10-10-2011, 03:47 PM
What older songs are you looking for?

lots of them, old songs from the 90's, 80's, 70's. There was a song i liked by filter that I can find no where now. It was called take a picture.

Fish
10-10-2011, 03:48 PM
lots of them, old songs from the 90's, 80's, 70's. There was a song i liked by filter that I can find no where now. It was called take a picture.

Where exactly are you looking?

patteeu
10-10-2011, 03:54 PM

Pirate Bay (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6574650/FILTER_-_DISCOGRAPHY_[CHANNEL_NEO])

You can find the entire Filter discography there. The reason I asked what songs you were looking for is I wanted to see if you're looking for fairly well known music (which can often be found at Pirate Bay) or very obscure or old (like 50s and 60s) music which is far harder to find.

loochy
10-10-2011, 03:56 PM

If you are using a torrent, don't look for the individual song. look for the cd it was on or look for the artist's complete collection. You can select which files you download from the torrent so only download the songs you want.

For example, search for a Filter complete collection. That song you want is on the cd called "Title of Record".

EDIT: Yeah, Pat beat me to it. Discography is what those complete collections are called.

MoreLemonPledge
10-11-2011, 02:12 AM
1. Download bittorrent
2. Go to www.google.com
3. Type name of band/song/album/movie/book/program/whatever, then torrent. ex: "Pet Shop Boys Discography torrent"
4. Hit Enter
5. Click the link and make sure there's at least one seeder. The more seeders, the better. (A seeder is a person who is actively putting the file out there so people can download it from them. Just like on Limewire.)
6. Download the torrent. It's really not a file that you download from the link. It only directs you to where you actually download it from other people. It should automatically open bittorrent for you.
7. Enjoy.

DISCLAIMER: YOU SHOULD ONLY DOWNLOAD THAT WHICH YOU ALREADY OWN. OTHERWISE DANE MCCLOUD WILL HUNT YOU DOWN. (but, really, no one will find out)