PDA

View Full Version : Running back trade advice

ChiefGator
10-10-2011, 01:48 PM
So, last week I failed to get AJ, but did get MJD.

This gives me a stable of: MJD, Beanie Wells, Shonn Greene, Willis McGahee, and now Battle.

Considering this is in a 14-team league, that is actually really good depth. But, I still want to trade for better starters.

The team with McFadden has no secondary RB ( Thomas Jones and Cadillac Williams ) and there aren't any decent RB's available on the waiver wire.

McFadden is averaging almost 19 points a game.

McGahee and Shonn Greene are averaging a combined 25 points a week over the last four weeks. I might start the offer as McGahee-Shonn for McFadden.

Would you offer Beanie Wells-Green if that didn't work? Or Beanie Wells-McGahee?

Finally, would you package MJD with either Greene or McGahee for McFadden.

Any opinions on a fair opening trade?

Short Leash Hootie
10-10-2011, 02:58 PM
this is the league where you traded Dalton for MJD, right?

If so, I have no further advice...just keep raping those idiots and build your juggernaut...

ChiefGator
10-10-2011, 07:15 PM
this is the league where you traded Dalton for MJD, right?

If so, I have no further advice...just keep raping those idiots and build your juggernaut...

Yep.. that's why I usually start all trades completely one-sided. Besides, I want to be able to come toward the middle on a trade if they are interested in trading. Of course, it's always nice when they just accept the original trade on the table.

ChiefGator
10-11-2011, 08:40 AM
I decided to just start with a more fair trade.. MJD and McGahee for McFadden. We'll see if he bites. McGahee's value will probably drop some with Tebow taking some goal line runs.

This would give me: McFadden, Beanie Wells, Shonn Greene as my main RB's (start 2) with Battle in reserve.

Just continuing to try and trade depth for better starters.

And McFadden's playoff run (assuming he makes it that long) could be very nice: Green Bay, Detroit, KC for super-bowl weekend in the league. Certainly better than MJD's Tampa, Atlanta, and Tennessee. And teams can focus on stopping MJD because of Jax's somewhat moribund passing game.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I think McFadden (while he'll continue to be good) is a sell high candidate.

ChiefGator
10-11-2011, 09:04 PM
I think McFadden (while he'll continue to be good) is a sell high candidate.

Would you do that trade though? MJD-McGahee for McFadden? Especially since I'm probably never gonna start McGahee again..

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Yes but I hate MJD