Would you give up Felix Jones and Vincent Jackson

For

Chris Wells and Anquan Boldin?

Pestilence
10-10-2011, 11:47 PM
My team is currently:

QB: Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger, Jay Cutler
RB: Felix Jones, Cedric Benson, Brandon Jacobs, Stevan Ridley
WR: Vincent Jackson, Mike Wallace, Denarius Moore, Jacoby Ford, Mohamed Massaquoi, Titus Young
TE: Vernon Davis, Jared Cook

Buck
10-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Hell no.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Hell no.

This.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Boldin has WR4 fantasy value.

Sofa King
10-11-2011, 08:10 AM
http://www.ikeepadiary.com/diary/2007/2007_07_27.Leighs_23rd_Birthday/images/IMG_1715.jpg

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 09:19 AM
It's sad but I'm hoping to God that I can get Jackie Battle off the waiver wire this week. If not.....Week 7 is going to suck something fierce.

I'm seeing what I can get for Vincent Jackson right now.

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm thinking about offering:

Vincent Jackson and Brandon Jacobs

for

Shonne Greene and Brandon Marshall.

I don't know if he'll do it or not.....but I need something at RB.

Hoover
10-11-2011, 12:38 PM
I think that trade works better than the other one. Greene would give you a solid but not great RB.

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm trying to see if I can flip Vincent Jackson for MJD.

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm trying to see if I can flip Vincent Jackson for MJD.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I've been offered Wells and Marshall for VJ and either Starks/Ingram/Ridley. Dude has Rivers so he's just looking for the double points.

He also owns Chris Johnson, so I'm going to take a stab at getting him instead of Beanie. Huge boom or bust move, since Wells has been pretty consistent, but I think CJ getting his FB back and having a ridiculously easy schedule from here on makes him worth the risk.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 12:46 PM
I think Brandon Jacobs has zero value going forward.

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
The team who has Chris Johnson has Philip Rivers. I might see if I can work something out.

I tried Chris Wells for Vincent Jackson straight up.....but he wasn't doing it.

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
I think Brandon Jacobs has zero value going forward.

I don't think so. Bradshaw had his shot with Jacobs out last week and he did jack shit. Bradshaw feeds off of Jacobs and vice versa.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't put any value into timeshares like NYG or Car...

it's a losing formula to bank on those backs...

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't put any value into timeshares like NYG or Car...

it's a losing formula to bank on those backs...

I'm not saying that I'm banking on him. But he's good depth and a possible bye week fill in.

OnTheWarpath58
10-11-2011, 12:58 PM
The team who has Chris Johnson has Philip Rivers. I might see if I can work something out.

I tried Chris Wells for Vincent Jackson straight up.....but he wasn't doing it.

Lots of variables.

In my case, the guy is 2-3 like me and knows he needs to shake up his roster.

He was willing to do VJ for Wells straight up, but I wanted Marshall back. Nice buy-low candidate that's a better option at WR2 than Boldin, Nelson or Manningham.

Dude doesn't even care which RB he gets back, because he's never going to play him, unless one of his starters gets injured - and if that happens, his season is fucked anyway.

We're both looking at this as a strikeout or 3-run HR type of deal. Probably not much middle ground, it's either going to work out really well, or we'll both be picking early next year.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm just saying when you're adding him into trade offers people are going to look at him as if he has no value...at least I would.

It seems like when you propose trades you're always proposing trades that just aren't going to be accepted...

I fucked up and traded Steve Smith and Matt Cassel (2 QB league) for Rob Gronkowski and Donovan McNabb last week...leaving me a void at WR (start 3 no matter what) when I already had Pettigrew (because I have a hard on for Gronk)...

if I hadn't made that move, I would be 5-0 right now instead of 4-1 (lost by 13, keeping Smith and Pettigrew in place would have given me a 15 point win instead)...

But I offered a FAIR deal...where both sides benefit. Which is why I'm always making trades...always. Because I always offer fair deals.

In a different league where I was 4-0 with Brady and Stafford...I WANTED Welker (a PPR league)...so I looked at who had Welker and he had a gaping hole at RB...so I gave him McFadden and Marshall for Welker and Torain.

You notice the theme of these trades?

They are all fair!

They aren't Vincent Jackson and Brandon Jacobs (0 value) for Brandon Marshall (1 notch below VJ) and Shonn Greene (who is coming off a good week in an offense that has recently dedicated themselves to him)...

you're never going to make deals unless you offer fair deals that make sense...

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Brandon Marshall is one notch below Jackson? With Matt Moore at QB?

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Yep. He sure is.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
V Jax is a sell high guy...Marshall is a buy low guy.

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
And realize that this is being offered to the same guy that did the Cam Newton trade.

Cam Newton
Cedric Benson
Mike Wallace

for

Chad Henne
Deangelo Williams
Brandon Marshall
Lance Moore

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
wtf is that?!

the Cam Newton/Mike Wallace side CRUSHES the other side and it isn't even somewhat close.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Henne, Moore and YES, even DeAngelo Williams are all waiver wire fodder...for Williams he's a RB4.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Benson is garbage but Wallace himself is probably worth more than the 4 players offered on the other side of the deal..

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah....exactly why I'm seeing if he's interested in Vincent Jackson.

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Is putting Cedric Benson in instead of Jacobs a fairer deal?

DJ's left nut
10-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Brandon Marshall is one notch below Jackson? With Matt Moore at QB?

Yeah, he is. And you can make a sound argument that he's not below Jackson at all.

As Chiefs fans, we kinda undersell how incredibly good Brandon Marshall is. And remember, even in his 'bad' year last season, he was pretty damn good.

If you can get Marshall cheap, do it. I've finally given up on trying to trade him in my other league because nobody seems to realize that he's incredibly talented and productive even in his worst seasons (so I can't get a goddamn TE at all). Even with Moore at QB, Marshall will produce.

Cave Johnson
10-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah, he is. And you can make a sound argument that he's not below Jackson at all.

As Chiefs fans, we kinda undersell how incredibly good Brandon Marshall is. And remember, even in his 'bad' year last season, he was pretty damn good.

If you can get Marshall cheap, do it. I've finally given up on trying to trade him in my other league because nobody seems to realize that he's incredibly talented and productive even in his worst seasons (so I can't get a goddamn TE at all). Even with Moore at QB, Marshall will produce.

Contra, he doesn't catch many TDs, and this was with Henne (and Orton/Cutler) under center. Moore is substantially less competent, which will translate into less drives and opportunities for points/yardage.

Sold Marshall earlier this year (along with Freeman) for Austin. Austin's about to go into beast mode with Dez drawing attention on the other side.

DJ's left nut
10-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Contra, he doesn't catch many TDs, and this was with Henne under center. Moore is substantially less competent, which will translate into less drives and opportunities for points/yardage.

Sold Marshall earlier this year (along with Freeman) for Austin. Austin's about to go into beast mode with Dez drawing attention on the other side.

I don't put a lot of stock into TD numbers as being demonstrative of future TD numbers. They just don't have a lot of predictive value.

If you have a guy that gets a lot of looks, has a ton of targets, catches a lot of balls and has the size/strength/hops to jump up and get balls, there's no reason to believe that he won't catch TDs.

He's 6'4'', 230 lbs, cut and can jump with the best of them. He's a great red-zone threat if they throw to him and there's no reason at all for them not to throw to him.

I think the TDs will come.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
why is Moore "substantially" less competent than Henne?

Based off of what evidence?

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Henne "flashes" like once a year and everyone always thinks he has some sort of ability he doesn't really have...

If anything, Moore will HELP Marshall (much like Huard used to help Gonzalez) because he's not good enough to do anything but heave miracles Marshall's way.

and Daniel Thomas will help more...since Bush is god awful...Thomas showed a lot of promise when healthy and will open up the play-action a bit.

Cave Johnson
10-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I don't put a lot of stock into TD numbers as being demonstrative of future TD numbers. They just don't have a lot of predictive value.

Agreed. Look at Vick's running TDs last year or Cassel's INT total. Things tend to regress towards the mean.

If you have a guy that gets a lot of looks, has a ton of targets, catches a lot of balls and has the size/strength/hops to jump up and get balls, there's no reason to believe that he won't catch TDs.

He's 6'4'', 230 lbs, cut and can jump with the best of them. He's a great red-zone threat if they throw to him and there's no reason at all for them not to throw to him.

I think the TDs will come.

That said, Marshall's TD mean/ceiling isn't that high. Excluding his rookie year, he's averaged 6.5/year. Will he finished with more than the 1 TD he currently has, sure. But it's not like he has 10 TD potential like V-Jax.

Cave Johnson
10-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Henne "flashes" like once a year and everyone always thinks he has some sort of ability he doesn't really have...

If anything, Moore will HELP Marshall (much like Huard used to help Gonzalez) because he's not good enough to do anything but heave miracles Marshall's way.

and Daniel Thomas will help more...since Bush is god awful...Thomas showed a lot of promise when healthy and will open up the play-action a bit.

I'll retract that..... they're both equally shitty QBs.

Thomas has had 1 good game and has been injured or ineffective in the remainder. Can't make your team better in the tub.

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 02:31 PM
he has only played in two games and has been a beast in both...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14056/daniel-thomas

Cave Johnson
10-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Forgot about the 2nd good game.... it's been forever since he played.

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 02:38 PM
And apparently his hamstring is still "iffy".

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 02:38 PM
he sat out a week and had a BYE week...

Short Leash Hootie
10-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Daniel Thomas (hamstring) returned to practice on Tuesday.
According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Thomas still looks a "bit tentative" with his hamstring. Thomas insisted last week that he would be ready for the Jets game, and Salguero believes that remains the case barring a setback. Feel free to pencil him to fantasy lineups, but check back later in the week for a progress update.

...might be a lingering issue but I still like his fantasy upside if he's playing...he gets 90% of the touches in an offense that wants to "ground and pound"

doomy3
10-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Since Brandon Marshall is being discussed, I have a trade question as well:

My team has sick WRs in a PPR league, where I can start 3 of them.

I currently have Welker, Fitzgerald and Mike Wallace.

One problem I have is at QB. I have Schaub and Bradford.

The guy with Brandon Marshall has Phillip Rivers and Matt Stafford.

He will trade me Marshall and one of those QBs for any of those receivers and Bradford.

Should I pull the trigger on this?

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I would. I'd give up Fitzgerald and Bradford for Stafford and Marshall.

doomy3
10-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Same league, the owner with Chris Johnson and Darren McFadden has a big need for WR. He is dangling those guys to get a WR. My RBs right now are weak with Ray Rice, but then only Deangelo and Jonathan Stewart. His WRs are pretty weak with Mike Williams, AJ Green, Santonio, Knox, Burleson.

Problem is that the only receiver I have past my top 3 is Titus Young. My RBs are bad thouse with only Rice, DLo, Stewart, Tate, Delone Carter and Byron Scott. Lots of them, but most of them suck.

doomy3
10-11-2011, 02:47 PM
The league starts 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a RB/WR. Keep in mind that it is PPR.

doomy3
10-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I would. I'd give up Fitzgerald and Bradford for Stafford and Marshall.

Do you think that helps my team more, or would a better deal for me be something like Fitz and something for McFadden and Santonio (I hate Santonio because Sanchez isn't very good).

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Fitzgerald and Bradford for Marshall and Stafford.

Then turn around.....

Wallace for Chris Johnson and Green?

That gives you Welker/Marshall as your WRs and Rice/CJ as your RBs.

Cave Johnson
10-11-2011, 03:05 PM
If he'd take it. AJ Green should get 80% of Wallace's production, and CJ2K's a huge upgrade at WR2.

Pestilence
10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
So it looks like Cedric Benson's suspension is getting pushed back for another 3-4 weeks. I think unless someone is willing to give me a RB for VJax.....I'm going to stick with what I have. I'll roll with Felix Jones and Benson and see what that gets me this week.