PDA

View Full Version : Governer Christie Endorses Romney

Saul Good
10-11-2011, 04:17 PM
This will be big (insert fat joke). Running mates?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/chris-christie-endorse-mitt-romney-172152006.html

In what could be a game changer for Mitt Romney's 2012 bid, Chris Christie endorsed the former Massachusetts governor at an event in New Hampshire today.

"Mitt Romney is the man we need to lead America, and we need him now," Christie said at an afternoon press conference in Hanover, N.H.--the site of tonight's Washington Post/Bloomberg Republican primary debate.

Christie's move comes just a week after he opted against his own bid for the GOP nomination.

While the governor declined to say last week when he might endorse in the contest, there have long been hints he might throw his backing to Romney.

Earlier this year, Christie held a dinner for Romney at the governor's mansion in New Jersey. He's also publicly defended Romney amid criticism over his health care reform efforts in Massachusetts--a defense he repeated again Tuesday, insisting comparisons between Romney's plan and President Obama's health care reforms are "completely intellectually dishonest."

According to the Romney campaign, Romney and his wife, Ann, met with Christie over the weekend in New Jersey, where the governor informed the 2012 hopeful he would back his campaign. Christie flew to New Hampshire earlier Tuesday, where he's set to hold a "tele-town hall" with Romney supporters later tonight.

The big question is whether social conservatives and tea party Republicans who had been hoping Christie would seek the nomination will now take a second look at Romney--just as many of the donors who had been holding out for a possible Christie 2012 bid have now transferred their support to Romney.

On Tuesday, Christie forcefully argued that Romney is the best candidate the party can field against Obama, insisting the country can't take four more years of a Democrat in the White House.

"He's the best person to be able to articulate Republican values and defeat Barack Obama," Christie declared, as Romney stood behind him beaming.

Romney, in turn, called Christie "an American hero"--a compliment that is sure to encourage hopes among Christie supporters that the New Jersey governor might land a spot as Romney's running mate, should he win the Republican nomination.

BucEyedPea
10-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Saw it elsewhere. One closet lefty endorsing another closet lefty. It's no wonder Koch Bros is funding Cain.

Chocolate Hog
10-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Title should read: New Jersey goes to Obama.

suzzer99
10-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Romneycare for all!

Brock
10-11-2011, 06:30 PM
There's a wide array of R candidates! /SNR

Iconic
10-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I saw a piece of dogshit that endorsed Romney... Who cares.

vailpass
10-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Title should read: New Jersey goes to Obama.

Horrifying but true.

Calcountry
10-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Look for Christie to be on Romneys short list for VP, should he get the nomination.

Calcountry
10-11-2011, 07:35 PM
I saw a piece of dogshit that endorsed Romney... Who cares.200 pounds of juke bubblegum private pyle.

Chiefshrink
10-11-2011, 10:03 PM
The Republican establishment(elite RINOs-Big $$ donors) want this nomination over with already and want nothing to do with a potential true conservative as the nominee.

Which is why you have Christie coming out today endorsing Romney and this whole process of moving all these primary election dates up to not allow any more momentum to be gained by a conservative candidate(a la Cain).

Once again, the elite RINO establishment is trying their best to pick our "We The People's" candidate and will have nothing to do with a conservative candidate.

BigChiefFan
10-11-2011, 11:35 PM
The Republican establishment(elite RINOs-Big $$ donors) want this nomination over with already and want nothing to do with a potential true conservative as the nominee.

Which is why you have Christie coming out today endorsing Romney and this whole process of moving all these primary election dates up to not allow any more momentum to be gained by a conservative candidate(a la Cain).

Once again, the elite RINO establishment is trying their best to pick our "We The People's" candidate and will have nothing to do with a conservative candidate.

I agree with what you say, with the strong exception that Cain is a conservative. He worked for the Federal Reserve-that makes him a radical in my book.

Chiefshrink
10-12-2011, 09:43 AM
I agree with what you say, with the strong exception that Cain is a conservative. He worked for the Federal Reserve-that makes him a radical in my book.

Reagan worked at the Federal level as our POTUS and he was a true conservative. You get my point:thumb:

Cain IMO at least will have huge advantage on knowing how to handle the Fed Reserve what needs to happen. Yes it would be nice if the Fed R were eliminated all together but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

BucEyedPea
10-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Governor of the most heavily taxed state endorses former governor of Taxachusetts.

patteeu
10-12-2011, 10:32 AM
I expect Sarah Palin will withhold her endorsement until she can give it to Romney without having backed one of his competitors first. I think that would be the smart move for her and, not coincidentally, it will also be the best move for the GOP.

BigChiefFan
10-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Reagan worked at the Federal level as our POTUS and he was a true conservative. You get my point:thumb:

Cain IMO at least will have huge advantage on knowing how to handle the Fed Reserve what needs to happen. Yes it would be nice if the Fed R were eliminated all together but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

That'a fair stance on the issue of Cain. I just prefer Ron Paul, because action speaks louder than words for me. His record is impeccable and adheres to the Constitution on every vote. I believe our country needs to go back to what made us great and that's holding the Constitution in it's highest regard.

BucEyedPea
10-12-2011, 10:56 AM

No he won't handle the Fed, not if he doesn't have a clue as to what they've done wrong to create such a massive bubble. He supported TARP and the bailouts. He's nothing but a Fed lackey.

BucEyedPea
10-12-2011, 10:59 AM
That'a fair stance on the issue of Cain. I just prefer Ron Paul, because action speaks louder than words for me. His record is impeccable and adheres to the Constitution on every vote. I believe our country needs to go back to what made us great and that's holding the Constitution in it's highest regard.

America was great, when America was good.

Being an aggressor nation is never good. No matter how noble it is made to sound.

Jenson71
10-13-2011, 10:19 AM

It wasn't too long ago that the Tea Party loved Christie. What's the deal, now? Did he come out in favor of some tax in NJ?

KILLER_CLOWN
10-13-2011, 02:49 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Oe99gUGYqQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Oe99gUGYqQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Chiefshrink
10-13-2011, 04:02 PM
It wasn't too long ago that the Tea Party loved Christie. What's the deal, now? Did he come out in favor of some tax in NJ?

Any R elected 2 yrs ago was better than any Dem but now that the Tea Party has the clout they will be much pickier thus looking much closer at the R nominee's worldview,voting record, etc......

Jenson71
10-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Any R elected 2 yrs ago was better than any Dem but now that the Tea Party has the clout they will be much pickier thus looking much closer at the R nominee's worldview,voting record, etc......

So . . . why doesn't "We The People" like Christie?

orange
10-13-2011, 04:58 PM
So . . . why doesn't "We The People" like Christie?

Chris Christie formally removes himself from the Republican Presidential field

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7805069&highlight=christie#post7805069

"This Shariah Law business is crap. It's crazy... and I'm tired of dealing with the crazies."

suzzer99
10-13-2011, 08:13 PM

He got elected and actually had to do some reasonable stuff and make a few compromises. The fantasy is always better than the reality.

banyon
10-16-2011, 09:56 AM
<object width="512" height="288"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/aol/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hulu.com%2Fwatch%2F287088%2Fsaturday-night-live-cold-opening-mitt-romney-chris-christie/embed/iaEfDbWocVsvrfTWT1nkng"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/aol/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hulu.com%2Fwatch%2F287088%2Fsaturday-night-live-cold-opening-mitt-romney-chris-christie/embed/iaEfDbWocVsvrfTWT1nkng" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="288" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>