PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Homeland on Showtime

Pages : [1] 2

BigRedChief
10-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Looks promising. Lots of good actors and a premise with lots of potential.

Fruit Ninja
10-11-2011, 08:43 PM
ITs been really solid so far. I would definately recommend watching the first 2 episodes!

I like the terrorist/sleeper cell type shows!

Earthbound
10-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Best new show on TV certainly. First couple weeks were great and even the wife is liking it. Hope it keeps going strong.

BigRedChief
10-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Best new show on TV certainly. First couple weeks were great and even the wife is liking it. Hope it keeps going strong.
Yeah, the 2nd episode was much better than the pilot. Got the wife also watching.

Baby Lee
10-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Maj. Winters in the 21st century, weird.

Funny story that wasn't funny [probably] for the entities of the time. My cousin grew up with my paternal GF [Mom and Dad divorced when he was 3-4 and Mom returned to Grandma's busom]. Grandpa was what you'd call a 'coot,' dirt poor Louisiana racist, but he stormed Normandy in Marine fatigues. Teenage cousin thought it'd be funny to yell 'Boo' at him [uttered with glee at Gramps'left shoulder] in the mid-80s when Gramps was in his 60s and cousin was a teen. Cousin got a roundhouse kick to the face that would've knocked out Brock Lesnar. Reminded me of the 'tag still on' scene.

RE: Patinkin, why does such a great acting presence always get so weary of the process? I'm picturing him dropping out of the show in a month or so and just dropping off the map again.

EDIT EDIT: Motherfucking fuck!! Half in the bag on cheap Vodka, and I recognize Vickie Effing Wang as W, the Alton Brown advising 'W' who told him what Bath Bath and Beyond accouterments to engage in????????????????? Motherfucking FUCK!!!

Jerm
10-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Great twist at the end of Episode 2...really gets ya thinking.

Love this show already.

Fruit Ninja
10-17-2011, 04:44 AM
Episode 3 was bad ass, i LOVE the way they did the money transactions. I dont think they knew she was an informant at all. That was good stuff.

BigRedChief
10-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Episode 3 was bad ass, i LOVE the way they did the money transactions. I dont think they knew she was an informant at all. That was good stuff.yep, they had no idea. Good twist.

Fruit Ninja
10-17-2011, 09:31 PM
yep, they had no idea. Good twist.

SHE WAS a casualty for their greater good no matter what. Everything fits now. The hiring of a new girl, then the guy saying she's just like you were. lol

Fruit Ninja
10-31-2011, 02:10 AM
By far the best new tv show. This show is great

Buck
11-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Just watched Ep 1. Very good.

Bowser
11-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Really enjoying this show so far. One of the better shows this year you haven't heard of.

Baby Lee
11-02-2011, 03:08 PM
for the curious, but on the fence, SHO put the series premiere online for free.

http://www.sho.com/site/order/preview.do#/Homeland_s01_e01

BigRedChief
11-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Really enjoying this show so far. One of the better shows this year you haven't heard of. It's getting better every week. Top notch acting, boobage and violence what more can you ask for? ROFL

Deberg_1990
11-02-2011, 09:19 PM
, boobage

Any Claire Danes boobage?

Buck
11-05-2011, 12:56 AM
So what day is this show on? I have only watched the replays so far not new ones.

Fruit Ninja
11-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Sunday Night

Fruit Ninja
11-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Any Claire Danes boobage?

No, not yet i dont think anyways. Im sure it will get there eventually. She's done it before.

Buck
11-07-2011, 04:12 PM
That was a good episode, but the preview for next weeks looked amazing.

BigRedChief
11-07-2011, 09:37 PM
That was a good episode, but the preview for next weeks looked amazing.

Yep, best new show this year.

Buck
11-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Same Guy...
http://i.imgur.com/EcZSE.jpg

MIND = FUCKED

KcMizzou
11-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Same Guy...

MIND = ****EDYep, he was on Dead Like Me too.

BigRedChief
11-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Same Guy...

MIND = FUCKEDI don't think that it means what you think it means.

Buck
11-14-2011, 01:53 AM
This show continues to come strong every week.

Huge revelation this week. Brody is living a pretty shitty life right now.

Buck
11-21-2011, 04:23 AM
Holy shit that fucking ending!

Bowser
11-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Holy shit that fucking ending!

Didn't exactly not see that coming, but it was still an "Oh, shit!" kind of moment.

This show has quietly turned into one of my favorites this year.

WoodDraw
11-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Didn't exactly not see that coming, but it was still an "Oh, shit!" kind of moment.

This show has quietly turned into one of my favorites this year.

Yeah, you knew he had to stay in the shows plot. I like that this show progresses the plot each week. Yes, it ends with cliffhangers, but by the end of the episode, I always feel like progress forward has been made.

Bowser
11-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah, you knew he had to stay in the shows plot. I like that this show progresses the plot each week. Yes, it ends with cliffhangers, but by the end of the episode, I always feel like progress forward has been made.

One thing I took from that last scene is that Brody is definitely further up the chain than I thought he was. A lot further.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2011, 12:35 PM
No, not yet i dont think anyways. Im sure it will get there eventually. She's done it before.

yea, a caught a glimpse of this over the weekend. She had a sex scene but no boobage.....what gives Claire??

Fruit Ninja
11-21-2011, 03:02 PM
quickly becoming one of my favorites. At first i was like probably the best show of the fall, well its getting up there with the best shows on.

That ending was bad ass.

Buck
11-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Who else thought that it was Tom Walker in the chair and that he killed himself?

He wasn't moving after the guy was calling his name.

It was a little overly-dramatic.

Baby Lee
12-05-2011, 04:48 AM
I suck cock, I love it, yummy yummy yummy yummy.

Don't hear that on TV every day.

keg in kc
12-05-2011, 05:07 AM
I suck cock, I love it, yummy yummy yummy yummy.This just had to be saved for posterity.

Baby Lee
12-05-2011, 05:09 AM
This just had to be saved for posterity.

I expected no less. ;)

Buck
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
So...fucking badass right?

I didn't watch the preview for next week so if you need to discuss it please spoiler it.

Alright, after that episode, do you think there is a mole inside Langley or do you think it's all Brody?

Fruit Ninja
12-12-2011, 03:55 PM
So...****ing badass right?

I didn't watch the preview for next week so if you need to discuss it please spoiler it.

Alright, after that episode, do you think there is a mole inside Langley or do you think it's all Brody?

I think its Saul. He's the perfect mole. Remember these writers are the writers of 24.

OmahaChief
12-15-2011, 01:16 PM
I think its Saul. He's the perfect mole. Remember these writers are the writers of 24.

I don't doubt that it could be Saul. He does have some ties to the Middle East from the sound of things. I don't think it is all Brody that is for sure as he would not have know about some of those operations. It could be the boss man, can't remember his name.

Bowser
12-15-2011, 01:20 PM
I've wondered about Saul from the beginning. He looks burned out, and is now pissed at his job/country for costing him his marriage.

BigRedChief
12-15-2011, 10:25 PM
I've wondered about Saul from the beginning. He looks burned out, and is now pissed at his job/country for costing him his marriage.

Saul bleeds red white and blue. That would be a twist but doesn't fit the charector.

Buck
12-15-2011, 10:33 PM
I still think it's the Black boss guy, David (I think that's his name.)

WoodDraw
12-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Saul bleeds red white and blue. That would be a twist but doesn't fit the charector.

I think they already played that "twist" when he walked out of the polygraph and we learned more about his family life. I don't see it either.

okcchief
12-16-2011, 04:49 PM

That's what I think too. I think Saul is to obvious.

Tribal Warfare
12-16-2011, 05:24 PM

that half hispanic/muslim guy is another suspect, but my choice is the surveillance expert.

Buck
12-16-2011, 05:27 PM
that half hispanic/muslim guy is another suspect, but my choice is the surveillance expert.

I don't think that guy was ever in the room to slip the dude a razor though.

Bowser
12-17-2011, 12:24 PM

That'd be TOO obvious.

I could see it being David if not Saul. I was forgetting the whole razor blade incident.

Tribal Warfare
12-17-2011, 12:26 PM
That'd be TOO obvious.

I could see it being David if not Saul. I was forgetting the whole razor blade incident.

in these shows it's the character that has very little screen time, or is a secondary character.

BigRedChief
12-20-2011, 06:47 PM
I saw that coming due to an appearance on Fallon because he said he had signed up for 2nd year.

I hate Carrie being a bipolar basket case. I like her being a bad ass. Saul is a bad ass too. Staring down the VP. Ballsy.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2011, 10:41 PM
I was really, really, really disappointed with the final episode.

I'll keep watching because I tend to watch even when the shows get bad (when I start from the beginning)...but at this point I don't even care what happens.

The build up was great, but that was about all.

Buck
12-20-2011, 11:23 PM
I thought it was good, not great.

I was really disappointed that we didn't really get any answers to some questions we had.

Mainly who is the mole?

The only thing of note that happened is that Walker was killed.

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm not sure anyone was a mole...

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I mean...it turns out they were all just covering for the VP because they knew they killed Issa...

Short Leash Hootie
so the "mole" was the cover up

Buck
I'm not sure anyone was a mole...

There has to be.

Who slipped the dude the razor?
Who warned the professor dude to not stop at his house when the CIA was chasing him?

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2011, 11:26 PM
I guess, like 24, so many things were happening some of them will probably never make sense and some of them probably don't even have answers

Short Leash Hootie
12-20-2011, 11:28 PM
go re-watch season 1 of 24 and tell me how Nina as the mole made any sense...I'm still pissed off about that to this day...there is no way the first 15 episodes of that season support the plot twist of Nina being a mole

Buck
12-20-2011, 11:31 PM
That was the only season of 24 that I watched, I was I don't know maybe 14 or 15 years old. It's been a while, but I remember that that twist came out of nowhere.

WoodDraw
12-21-2011, 01:32 AM
I thought it was very average, based on the great buildup. I kept waiting for something to happen and it just never came. The only real development was the killing of a character they never developed into anything.

And the 2nd season plot of getting close to the vp to influence him sounds boring as hell. I went from loving it to feeling very meh about the entire thing.

Fruit Ninja
12-21-2011, 02:03 AM
For me, its like this. Is he really going to gain knowledge inside the government, or did he just say that, because it was either him or tom walker dying in that hallway. One of them HAD to go.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2011, 07:51 AM
that is true...they never developed Tom Walker one bit...

like I said...I was pretty pissed about the finale...

I'd have been happier if Brody had offed himself and taken out the VP so Carrie could have been right and could have had the next season center around her redemption...or not had a next season...etc...

we'll see where it goes, but weak ending

Molitoth
12-21-2011, 08:08 AM
go re-watch season 1 of 24 and tell me how Nina as the mole made any sense...I'm still pissed off about that to this day...there is no way the first 15 episodes of that season support the plot twist of Nina being a mole

As much as I loved 24, that plot twist with Nina did always piss me off. 24 was great, but it was always an inside mole that was the issue, and it got old.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2011, 08:13 AM
As much as I loved 24, that plot twist with Nina did always piss me off. 24 was great, but it was always an inside mole that was the issue, and it got old.

the fact Jack saved her life in 24 when the terrorists ordered him to kill her, the fact she went out of her way to keep Kim and Terry safe...the fact that she was so distraught about Terry finding out about her and Jack...the fact she was jealous of Terry for getting Jack back...

It was just too unbelievable and when they introduced that plot twist I was just infuriated...

and 24 is probably my favorite show of all time

Baby Lee
12-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Can'[t believe you guys' opinion on the finale. I found it very gripping and very satisfying.

The tragedy of Carrie not only figuring every bit of it out, but orchestrating the mechanism for calling a halt to it, only to be convinced, not only in the minds of others, but in her own heart, that she was not only wrong but crazy was superb plotting. It's downright Shakespearian that Carries desperate effort to get the daughter to call her father is what saved the day AND that saving the day is why she thinks she's wrong about all of it, and thus crazy in a manner that cannot continue.

The vest malfunction proved that Brody was fully committed to executing the plan, AND gave him the opportunity to truthfully tell Nazir that the failure wasn't his fault [at least for a moment]. There he was, in a room filled with people who have made decision that actually deserve repercussions [though whether a fiery death is the appropriate repercussion is . . . debateable], ready to fulfull Van Stauffenberg's vision for Hitler's inner circle. This would have vindicated Carrie's efforts, but at the same time hand her another failure all the same.

The whole thing continues the season-long motif of what we know to be true depends so strongly on what we actually know, facial expressions are ambiguous, statement have varying levels of import, the littlest details we miss can change the entire situation. We remain is space even after the episode, in that given Brody's aims we don't know how getting close to the VP will play out. Honestly, compared with a terrorist attacker, or even by its own merits outright, is there really that great of a downside to having a confidant to power who has the interests of innocents in mind? It could turn out that he's just a conduit for intel that gets the bad guys out of harms way, but could Brody trust Nazir to mobilize the innocents away from attacks reliably?

And that's just the plot. Words can't express Brody's performance in the safe room, so oppresive, so conflicted, wonderfully acted.

Buck
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
I thought it worked as an episode. That suicide-bomb switch stuff was pretty intense. Had it ended right after that (at the hour mark) it would have been a great episode, but not a season finale. The extra half hour of stuff wasn't honestly that great. Walker getting killed wasn't a big thing. You knew he was going to die from the beginning. They never developed that character at all. Sure they spent an episode explaining that he loves his kid and calls the house every day, but he had about 20 minutes of screen time total in the season. Killing him wasn't a huge revelation.

I feel that the show played it safe in the finale and failed to take the risk that I expected it to.

Bowser
12-21-2011, 02:04 PM
I thought it worked as an episode. That suicide-bomb switch stuff was pretty intense. Had it ended right after that (at the hour mark) it would have been a great episode, but not a season finale. The extra half hour of stuff wasn't honestly that great. Walker getting killed wasn't a big thing. You knew he was going to die from the beginning. They never developed that character at all. Sure they spent an episode explaining that he loves his kid and calls the house every day, but he had about 20 minutes of screen time total in the season. Killing him wasn't a huge revelation.

I feel that the show played it safe in the finale and failed to take the risk that I expected it to.

Carrie figuring it all out for real just before getting the zap was pretty good.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2011, 02:10 PM
I thought the acting was superb, don't get me wrong...and I won't pretend to admit that I know everything, I certainly don't, and I'm a very flawed television show watcher. Perhaps Baby Lee nailed it, I was just disappointed personally. I still really enjoyed the season.

Buck
12-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Carrie figuring it all out for real just before getting the zap was pretty good.

Yup, but it wasn't really an, "Oh shit!" moment.

We all already knew that Carrie knows it's Brody.

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2011, 02:11 PM

all she figured out was Brody knew Issa

and if they hadn't sealed the attack she would have figured it out way before that...

that was pretty cool I thought

Short Leash Hootie
12-21-2011, 02:14 PM
I just can't get behind the idea that Brody cares more about punishing the VP for war crimes and because he lost someone close to him "Issa" than he cares about his own kids and how his actions would ruin their lives forever. I don't care about the whole "Gettysburg" trip where he explains standing up for what you believe...the fact he puts Issa above his own kids is tragic and doesn't really do it for me considering the character he plays.

It no longer really makes sense that he is working for Nazir...since he obviously cares about his daughter, and his daughter talked him out of committing an act of terrorism. I guess they have his suicide tape now as leverage, but still...

I think the story of why Brody is working for Nazir when put together with the love he has for his children just doesn't do it for me...but hey, it's TV fiction so I can't really complain.

I certainly wasn't complaining during all of those 24 seasons that I found absolutely riveting.

Baby Lee
12-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Yup, but it wasn't really an, "Oh shit!" moment.

We all already knew that Carrie knows it's Brody.

That's the thing, since she unwittingly successfully got the daughter to talk Brody down, she's utterly convinced that she had EVERYTHING wrong. That's why she's undergoing ECT. Don't forget she was in love with Brody too. So basically an unstable savante fell in love with someone she was convinced was a terrorist, only to turn out [apparently] he wasn't a terrorist and her conviction that he was has severed all ties to said love.

This is show that rewards paying attention. It can be taxing to keep track of what each character knows or thinks they know and why. But it presents a compelling tapestry where some people are objectively monsters or crackpots or rights violators or terrorists or powermongers, yet when you isolate the information each ACTUALLY has in hand, they are each in turn reacting at the very least quasi-rationally.

mnchiefsguy
01-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Homeland just won the golden globe for best drama series, so it is getting some good recognition.

BigRedChief
01-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Homeland just won the golden globe for best drama series, so it is getting some good recognition.Best new show this year.:thumb:

Fruit Ninja
01-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Danes also won for best actress i believe.

Baby Lee
08-18-2012, 09:17 AM
JIMP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xh_TPjZJCRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
08-18-2012, 02:59 PM
This show was a suprise hit for me last year. Definitely looking forward to watching this season.

ChiefsFanatic
08-19-2012, 11:56 AM
JIMP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xh_TPjZJCRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was awesome.

BigRedChief
08-19-2012, 09:16 PM
JIMP

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xh_TPjZJCRc" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>:clap: fantastic!

KevB
09-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Just watched all 12 episodes over the last four days. Outstanding series. I wanted more closure out of the finale, but upon reflection, I really appreciate how it played out. It was just so very well done and well acted.

On his motivation (re: love for Issa vs. his own kids), Brody was doing it for his kids. He felt that was extreme injustice in the world, and the leader of that injustice was soon to be running the country his family lives in. In his own jaded sense of purpose, he thought that he was doing right by his family.

Baby Lee
09-15-2012, 10:36 AM
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=b5fe49448d4cbbc6f227b9927c063bbe&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hometheaterforum.com%2Ft%2F323092%2Fhomeland-season-2%23post_3972827&v=1&libid=1347726564460&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sho.com%2Fsho%2Fvideo%2Ftitles%2F17798%2Fhomeland-s2-20-minute-sneak-peek&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hometheaterforum.com%2Ff%2F25%2Ftv-programming&title=Homeland%20Season%202&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sho.com%2Fsho%2Fvideo%2Ftitles%2F17798%2Fhomeland-s2-20-minute-sneak-peek&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13477270129723

BigRedChief
09-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Starts back up tonight. Glad to see the Emmy's for the show. Beat out Mad Men. I re-watched the Brody in the bunker with the suicide vest scene. The emotions as he goes through was a fantastic display of quality acting

Pants
09-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Starts back up tonight. Glad to see the Emmy's for the show. Beat out Mad Men. I re-watched the Brody in the bunker with the suicide vest scene. The emotions as he goes through was a fantastic display of quality acting

When the wife dropped the Holy Qur'an tonight, I thought Damian Lewis was a devout Muslim for real. He's such a good fucking actor.

Bowser
10-01-2012, 06:48 PM
That was a great first episode. Brody going through the ritual of burying the Qur'an, along with his daughter. I wonder how they'll take that twist going forward. And Carrie looked downright ecstatic after she knee'd that dude in the balls, lol.

Baby Lee
10-01-2012, 07:45 PM
That was a great first episode. Brody going through the ritual of burying the Qur'an, along with his daughter. I wonder how they'll take that twist going forward. And Carrie looked downright ecstatic after she knee'd that dude in the balls, lol.

You do know that the title of this episode was 'The Smile?'

It was pitch perfect execution of a beat to establish that Carrie/Kate can't resist the thrill of the hunt.

Baby Lee
10-01-2012, 07:51 PM
When the wife dropped the Holy Qur'an tonight, I thought Damian Lewis was a devout Muslim for real. He's such a good fucking actor.

I wash there was enough time, viewers, and $$ for him to be one this and still on 'Life.'

OmahaChief
10-01-2012, 09:19 PM
I wash there was enough time, viewers, and $$ for him to be one this and still on 'Life.'

My wife and I really enjoyed Life while it was on. Underrated show in my book.

Buck
10-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Its a shame more people don't watch this show. It already has the feel of some of the best.

I get the sane feeling when I watch this as I do when I watch Mad Men.

Pants
10-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Its a shame more people don't watch this show. It already has the feel of some of the best.

I get the sane feeling when I watch this as I do when I watch Mad Men.

I get the same feeling when I watch this as I did watching Rome and some parts of Deadwood. Feels like we are always standing on the edge of a precipice and something mindblowingly dramatic is about to happen. There's this aura of intensity about this show that even when nothing is happening on screen, you're still feeling a little jittery. It's all attributed to great writing, directing and acting of course.

Sorter
10-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Just started this show. Wow.

BigRedChief
10-02-2012, 08:51 PM
It's all attributed to great writing, directing and acting of course.This!

It's not some ground breaking show. It's just so well done that you cant stop watching.

Pants
10-07-2012, 08:55 PM
GODDAMN! What a strong episode this week! This show is seriously on par with the all time greats at this point (IMO, of course).

keg in kc
10-07-2012, 09:31 PM
I got a few months of free showtime, finally started watching it yesterday on demand. Liked the pilot a lot.

jiveturkey
10-08-2012, 07:41 AM
GODDAMN! What a strong episode this week! This show is seriously on par with the all time greats at this point (IMO, of course).
I totally agree. I look forward to it more than any other show.

WoodDraw
10-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Holyyyy fuck. Did not expect that ending.

In last weeks episode when Carrie is running through the bazaar and then knees the guy, Claire Danes nailed the creepy/psycho grin right afterwards. Great acting.

OmahaChief
10-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Damn that Brody...what a show.

BigRedChief
10-08-2012, 08:52 PM
GODDAMN! What a strong episode this week! This show is seriously on par with the all time greats at this point (IMO, of course).No shit. Fantastic episode this week. Fantastic twist at the end. Another layer of plot to explore. The people who are not watching this show are missing out.

OmahaChief
10-09-2012, 08:21 AM
They make thsi show so you feel like something major could happen at almost any second. I was literally on the edge of my seat during the Abu Nazir scene and then when Carrie ran into the house to get the stuff.

I let out a big yell at the end of the show and the wife came running down to make sure all was OK and I had to explain to her they just started a crucial plotline and then cut it off for next week!

BigRedChief
10-09-2012, 05:43 PM
They make thsi show so you feel like something major could happen at almost any second. I was literally on the edge of my seat during the Abu Nazir scene and then when Carrie ran into the house to get the stuff.

I let out a big yell at the end of the show and the wife came running down to make sure all was OK and I had to explain to her they just started a crucial plotline and then cut it off for next week!Those scenes were as good as any quality action movie.

Sorter
10-09-2012, 07:59 PM
While I love this show, I feel that this last episode might have hurt them in the long run in regards to misdirection with Saul as the mole, the # of people who know about Brody, etc.

IRL, Brody would be interrogated immediately after Saul found that chip. As in, within minutes.

BigRedChief
10-09-2012, 08:03 PM
While I love this show, I feel that this last episode might have hurt them in the long run in regards to misdirection with Saul as the mole, the # of people who know about Brody, etc.

IRL, Brody would be interrogated immediately after Saul found that chip. As in, within minutes.Unless Saul thinks it was plant by Carey to help her get back in the CIA.

Sorter
10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Unless Saul thinks it was plant by Carey to help her get back in the CIA.

I sincerely doubt it as well as assuming Carrie had the time/energy to accomplish that while essentially under house arrest.

One possible theory (that I'm not sure I care for but whatever) is that Saul is Mossad and that is why he failed the lie-detector and won't turn this information in.

Buck
10-09-2012, 08:10 PM

IRL, Brody would be interrogated immediately after Saul found that chip. As in, within minutes.

Didn't the episode end with the video?

Sorter
10-09-2012, 08:13 PM
It did.

Buck
10-09-2012, 08:39 PM
It did.

So how do you know what Saul does with the info? He did nothing to prove he was a mole, did he?

Sorter
10-09-2012, 09:00 PM
So how do you know what Saul does with the info? He did nothing to prove he was a mole, did he?

No but his actions in the next episode will remove him entirely from being a mole.

BTW, Claire Danes and the writer already came out and said he isn't a mole.

Pants
10-09-2012, 09:23 PM

Didn't they show a CIA war room watching the Brody video in the preview for next week? I don't think the CIA would interrogate Brody within minutes IRL. That's not how the Agency works. They would just start watching the fuck out of Brody to get to Abu Nazir and possibly other terrorist networks.

Sorter
10-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Didn't they show a CIA war room watching the Brody video in the preview for next week? I don't think the CIA would interrogate Brody within minutes IRL. That's not how the Agency works. They would just start watching the **** out of Brody to get to Abu Nazir and possibly other terrorist networks.

If someone is Saul's position got that tape, they would probably drag Brody in.

beach tribe
10-10-2012, 11:22 AM
No shit. Fantastic episode this week. Fantastic twist at the end. Another layer of plot to explore. The people who are not watching this show are missing out.

Gonna download it tonight. Lots of good shows right now. I've never been into this many shows in my life.
Homeland
The Walking Dead (coming)
And Dexter

Just fantastic Television shows.

Am I missing anything?

KevB
10-10-2012, 02:16 PM
The question I have is : Is Brody too embedded in United States Politics at this point to allow it to get out that he's a traitor? The current VP, Walden, has already floated Brody's name as his choice as his running mate and next VP....guilt by association would kill Walden's chances to become the next President. He can't let that happen. Watching the politics play out despite this apparent smoking gun will be incredibly interesting to watch.

WoodDraw
10-10-2012, 02:40 PM
The question I have is : Is Brody too embedded in United States Politics at this point to allow it to get out that he's a traitor? The current VP, Walden, has already floated Brody's name as his choice as his running mate and next VP....guilt by association would kill Walden's chances to become the next President. He can't let that happen. Watching the politics play out despite this apparent smoking gun will be incredibly interesting to watch.

I think we're about to see the conspiracy get bigger.

KevB
10-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I think we're about to see the conspiracy get bigger.

Absolutely

BigRedChief
10-10-2012, 07:47 PM
The question I have is : Is Brody too embedded in United States Politics at this point to allow it to get out that he's a traitor? The current VP, Walden, has already floated Brody's name as his choice as his running mate and next VP....guilt by association would kill Walden's chances to become the next President. He can't let that happen. Watching the politics play out despite this apparent smoking gun will be incredibly interesting to watch.They can just make him a suicide, have an accident, go postal, the number of options to make him go away and not let the stench get on them,

But, I think this show is going down the cover up/conspiracy route.

KevB
10-10-2012, 09:06 PM
They can just make him a suicide, have an accident, go postal, the number of options to make him go away and not let the stench get on them,

But, I think this show is going down the cover up/conspiracy route.

Correct, no way they kill off a guy that just won best actor Emmy.

Pants
10-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Gonna download it tonight. Lots of good shows right now. I've never been into this many shows in my life.
Homeland
The Walking Dead (coming)
And Dexter

Just fantastic Television shows.

Am I missing anything?

Homeland is like the NFL compared to the high school ball of the Walking Dead and Dexter (IMO).

I think you will really enjoy Homeland, man.

BigRedChief
10-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Correct, no way they kill off a guy that just won best actor Emmy.Holy shit that was a great episode. Best acting of the series. Brody's scene in the woods and Carries attempt at suicide was emmy winning worthy.

Sorter
10-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Just when I shit on this show and am down on it, it has to go and http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1386807_o.gif

Seriously, this episode was awesome and I can't wait for the next. Totally eating crow for what I had said.

Interested in Estes role in this, as it is going to be him, Saul, and Carrie that know the truth.

WoodDraw
10-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I really thought they'd drag the Carrrie forgetting thing out and then have an "aha" moment. And I was ready to trash the first episode. And then the ending!

And then I thought they had him lose the sd card...and I thought surely they won't cop out that way. And they didn't.

I had a lot of questions about this show, but this season has been excellent so far.

KC_Connection
10-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Just watched all the episodes of this show in the last few weeks. Very good writing and acting. It was very interesting at the beginning of the series that you couldn't even really trust Carrie as a narrator and it made you doubt a lot that was going on. It's also rare to have two central characters in Carrie and Brody that are both so complex. They each believe they're doing the right thing based on their own perspectives of the world, but they're also both incredibly flawed and damaged (Carrie is bipolar and will stop at absolutely nothing to achieve her goals while Brody has become a sociopath during his time as a POW and is torn between his country and his terrorist captors). The 2nd season has also started off just as good as the last, perhaps better. It looks like they're going to explore their relationship for the rest of the season, and I hope they do, because the scenes when they were together in S1 were among the best.

OmahaChief
10-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Carries attempt at suicide was emmy winning worthy.

The way this was handled bothered me. So she takes a ton of pills and nothing every happens and then she is back to normal. Shouldn't she have not had some sickness or stomach pumping...hell anything. Only thing I can think of is that the pills she is taking are not really pills they are placebo to trick her mind into being right, if that were the case it would not kill her.

duncan_idaho
10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
The way this was handled bothered me. So she takes a ton of pills and nothing every happens and then she is back to normal. Shouldn't she have not had some sickness or stomach pumping...hell anything. Only thing I can think of is that the pills she is taking are not really pills they are placebo to trick her mind into being right, if that were the case it would not kill her.

Did you miss the part where she gagged herself 5 minutes later and forcible vomited up everything else?

This show is awesome. Just started watching it about a month ago, and it's one of my favorites on TV now. Just a really tightly wound show. Superb all the way around.

As for the identity of the mole... I could see it being Galvez (And Brody was the one who passed him the razor blade).

keg in kc
10-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I've watched the whole series in the last week. The acting is fantastic, the production is top notch, the only difficulty I have is that some of the plotting is just so far-fetched that it's hard to suspend disbelief. Which is saying something for me. But all-in-all it's a really good series so far.

OmahaChief
10-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Did you miss the part where she gagged herself 5 minutes later and forcible vomited up everything else?

I must have totally missed that part. I figured their must have been something else that happened. This must have been the time my little one was screaming for me to come upstairs. Thanks for filling me in!

duncan_idaho
10-17-2012, 04:25 PM
I must have totally missed that part. I figured their must have been something else that happened. This must have been the time my little one was screaming for me to come upstairs. Thanks for filling me in!

It was pretty awful/shocking scene. Just part of the awesomness of her delivery of the whole suicide thing.

My wife, who was bulimic in high school, was convinced enough to believe Danes has been bulimic at some point in her life...

KC_Connection
10-17-2012, 05:30 PM

This show is awesome. Just started watching it about a month ago, and it's one of my favorites on TV now. Just a really tightly wound show. Superb all the way around.

As for the identity of the mole... I could see it being Galvez (And Brody was the one who passed him the razor blade).
Yeah, been thinking that about Galvez for a while since that possibility came up. But that might be too obvious.

Pants
10-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Yeah, been thinking that about Galvez for a while since that possibility came up. But that might be too obvious.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's too obvious. But maybe it's the ol' Serbian Jew double bluff, who knows.

Bowser
10-20-2012, 10:15 PM
This show is so good. Just so freaking good. I just got caught up to recent with it.

I give my wife a ton of shit for getting so invested into whatever she's watching, that she ends up talking to the screen. I had my moment of doing that, when the sniper had Abu Nazir in his sights. You know it wasn't going to happen, but I kept saying TAKE HIM TAKE HIM TAKE HIM to the TV, right up until he fled in his SUV.

Easily one of the top three shows going on any channel you want to think of.

Sorter
10-21-2012, 08:53 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9w1kjp5X41rvnlbb.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m545znSj3B1r9x0sdo1_400.gif

Episode was amazing!!! Carrie is a boss!!!

Pants
10-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Episode was amazing!!! Carrie is a boss!!!

Love the gifs lol. I think she kind of fucked up, mane. Brody had no idea they had shit on him, coulda used him to get to Abu Nazir. :/

Baby Lee
10-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Two theories I have to get off my chest before I forget.

1. It was mentioned the Brody and Wallace might have been in Country and already CIA. And the previews for next week mentioned 'so it was all about Issa.' Possible that Brody didn't so much get captured, bond with Issa then see him die, as he went DEEP DEEP cover, and ate 8 years of a bathtub of shit, to gather intel on Nazzer, only to have it misinterpreted by the US to kill kids instead of the original target all along.

2. Is it not remotely possible that Brody wasn't aware of the possibility that Nazzer would render Brody and the SuitMan pink mist the instant they showed up at that safe house. Having an inside man so high up in government was fortunate for Nazzer, but it was a dangerous accident to have someone too inside, and the original plan was for him to die taking out all those folks.

AussieChiefsFan
10-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Great episode! Next one can't come soon enough!

Pants
10-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Two theories I have to get off my chest before I forget.

1. It was mentioned the Brody and Wallace might have been in Country and already CIA. And the previews for next week mentioned 'so it was all about Issa.' Possible that Brody didn't so much get captured, bond with Issa then see him die, as he went DEEP DEEP cover, and ate 8 years of a bathtub of shit, to gather intel on Nazzer, only to have it misinterpreted by the US to kill kids instead of the original target all along.

2. Is it not remotely possible that Brody wasn't aware of the possibility that Nazzer would render Brody and the SuitMan pink mist the instant they showed up at that safe house. Having an inside man so high up in government was fortunate for Nazzer, but it was a dangerous accident to have someone too inside, and the original plan was for him to die taking out all those folks.

I have to disagree on both of those, man.

1. It was mentioned that Brody might have been working for the CIA by Mike and Lauder and they were just playing a guessing game. I don't think it was based on any kind of reality at all. How would Brody even transmit any kind of intel to the US while being in Nazir's captivity? I think the story that was presented made perfect sense as it was and there really is no reason to come up with these super far-fetched theories. But who knows?

2. I don't think Nazir wanted to kill Brody because that would be just extremely foolish. I mean the man had just saved his life by being "too inside." He had also gotten target codes for Nazir straight from Estes' safe. Why would Nazir get rid of something so valuable? If anything, I think the writers went too deep into the far-fetched territory by having Brody deal with the tailor. That sort of a task would fall to someone else, but their excuse was that the tailor would only trust Brody. Meh. They will also need to explain at some point how the codes to Estes' safe were obtained. I'm assuming it's the same leak that's been alluded to throughout the show, but WTF kind of a leak would have someone's personal safe codes? Meh.

WoodDraw
10-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Not a surprise, but Homeland official got picked up today for a third season.

This season has moved much quicker than I thought...

jiveturkey
10-22-2012, 01:46 PM
The fact that they took Brodie in already leads me to believe that they're going to flip him and use him.

BigRedChief
10-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Great episode! Next one can't come soon enough!Best fucking show on TV. Nothing is better. Period.

What a great episode. No way anyone saw her blowing her cover this early in the story arc.

BigRedChief
10-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Episode was amazing!!! Carrie is a boss!!!That smile she gave after she met him at the CIA, same one she gave when she ditched her tail in Lebanon, helps make her charector realistic. She is in it for the thrill. She loves the game.

Bowser
10-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Well, that escalated quickly.....

Sorter
10-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Another fantastic episode. The new guy working with Carrie is awesome.

BigRedChief
10-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Another fantastic episode. The new guy working with Carrie is awesome.yep, still have a lot of places to take this plot line. We will still be kept guessing where it goes.

keg in kc
10-29-2012, 09:54 PM
I never in a million years thought they would have him outed completely early in season 2 and then use him against the terrorists. Really like that they went that direction instead of trying to maintain the same story forever.

WoodDraw
10-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Like it all, minus the hit and run. That was stupid - hope they save that somehow.

KC_Connection
11-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Not that the first interrogation scene wasn't good (including the new guy Quinn going Jack Bauer on Brody out of absolutely nowhere), but the interrogation scene between Carrie and Brody was great TV. A ton of emotion in it...the chemistry between those two is unparalleled.

Hoover
11-01-2012, 05:55 AM
You know, I've done a lot of stuff while being on the phone with someone. Driving, eating, shaving, taking a piss, all sorts of things. But I never thought that someone could kill a dude while having the wife on the other line.

Buck
11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Crazy stuff. lemon butter

Dallas Chief
11-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Crazy stuff. lemon butter

Off the hook.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Quinn :(

Bowser
11-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Quinn :(

There's hope.....

Sfeihc
11-05-2012, 11:03 AM
There is a mole. Who do you think it is? Me thinks it's Estes.

Bowser
11-05-2012, 11:12 AM

Shit, it could be ANY of them. Even Carrie (maybe).

Sorter
11-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Shit, it could be ANY of them. Even Carrie (maybe).

Oh, hell no! She hates the turban-wearing guys.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 11:35 AM

Well, I think we can remove Galvez from the list...:eek:

Sorter
11-05-2012, 11:36 AM
There's hope.....

I mean, I hope he beats the fuck out of Roya.

Pants
11-05-2012, 05:20 PM
I can't believe the nerve on those terrorist cunts!

Sorter
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
They are jerks. Just jerks.

WoodDraw
11-05-2012, 06:10 PM
They're bringing the VP and Brody and their families pretty close. You have to think that'll play a part all season, and pay off eventually.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
They're bringing the VP and Brody and their families pretty close. You have to think that'll play a part all season, and pay off eventually.

Blood orgy is my guess.

Buck
11-05-2012, 06:36 PM

Who is the new interrogator guy that got non-fatally shot. It's probably him, he knew he was gonna have to take a bullet, but he knew it would be non-lethal. Makes the most sense to me....They needed a mole this season, hey....new guy!

Sorter
11-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Who is the new interrogator guy that got non-fatally shot. It's probably him, he knew he was gonna have to take a bullet, but he knew it would be non-lethal. Makes the most sense to me....They needed a mole this season, hey....new guy!

Quinn? I don't think so.

Buck
11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Quinn? I don't think so.

Wait, did they bring on a new cop named Quinn like they did in Dexter? LOL.

Also please no Dexter spoilers, I'm not caught up.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Lol, yeah, his name is Quinn. He's not a pussy douche like Dexter's Quinn who needs to eat a sammich though.

Pants
11-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Lol, yeah, his name is Quinn. He's not a pussy douche like Dexter's Quinn who needs to eat a sammich though.

Dude's snorting buckets of blow. He'd need a lot of sammiches, man.

Sorter
11-05-2012, 09:45 PM
ROFLROFLDude's snorting buckets of blow. He'd need a lot of sammiches, man.

But really...too many 8-balls.

keg in kc
11-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Two thoughts:

CIA booty-call.
Daughter Brody the last few weeks makes for fast-forward television.

BigRedChief
11-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Two thoughts:

CIA booty-call.
Daughter Brody the last few weeks makes for fast-forward television.Must be demographics. International CIA spy stuff doesn't need a daughter slowing things down.

But still I loved the scenes with Sal and the women. Great television.

Sorter
11-13-2012, 09:03 PM
I want Sal and Quinn to royally destroy the fucker that shot up the tailor's wkshp.

Bowser
11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Two thoughts:

CIA booty-call.
Daughter Brody the last few weeks makes for fast-forward television.

Yeah, she made quite a leap from rebel stoner kid to "WE NEED TO DO THE RIGHT THING HERE!!" kid.

The loop with her and Finn was interesting as to how it would have effected the rest of the pieces on the board. They closed that too early, imo (even though more fallout is sure to come from it).

BigRedChief
11-22-2012, 09:19 PM
I think the shit is going to get deep next episode.

Bowser
11-26-2012, 11:55 AM
So. Is Brody on the level with the CIA, or is he masterfully playing both sides here? We really don't know what was said between him and Nazir in those hours they were together....

And what's up with Quinn? Some high level spook hitman being put in an authorative position over an extremely high level op?

Right now, this and Walking Dead are the two best shows on the tube for my buck.

jiveturkey
11-26-2012, 11:59 AM
So. Is Brody on the level with the CIA, or is he masterfully playing both sides here? We really don't know what was said between him and Nazir in those hours they were together....

And what's up with Quinn? Some high level spook hitman being put in an authorative position over an extremely high level op?

Right now, this and Walking Dead are the two best shows on the tube for my buck.The Quinn situation is getting really interesting really quickly.

The scenes from next week lead me to believe that Brody is on the level with the CIA. It looks like he's burned Nazir.

Sorter
11-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Quinn is awesome.

Pants
11-26-2012, 09:47 PM
I thought they made it pretty clear what Quinn's deal is. Like Estes said, he's there to kill terrorists (read: kill Bordy). The CIA's plan is clearly to off Brody after he's done helping them with Nazir.

DA_T_84
11-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Wow, just caught up tonight. Love the show. Not sure where things will go, because the writers are great at throwing twists in there to fuck with your head. Interesting quote from the show, when Brody was talking to his wife on the Satelite phone - "Don't worry, it will all go back to how it was soon." And it almost did, in that Brody almost died and the family goes on living with Mike in the picture.

Still unanswered - Why did Saul fail the initial polygraph in season one? The one he walked out of. And why did he pray when the guy who was interrogated was killed with the razor? We can trust him.... right? Or is he - or anyone else - a mole?

If I were king shit of fuck mountain, and had a say in how the show went, I think good direction would be to involve the VP's son.

There are a lot of angles:
- Dana likes/liked him, creating drama on the personal/family front
- Brody knows Dana likes him, and also hates VP for taking Isa, which was essentially Brody's son. Payback?
- Nazir obviously wants to cause a ruckus, and it would be sweet revenge
- The viewer has angst towards the son for killing the pedestrian, and causing Dana grief

Anyways, that was just a smattering of my thoughts.

Pants
11-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Wow, just caught up tonight. Love the show. Not sure where things will go, because the writers are great at throwing twists in there to fuck with your head. Interesting quote from the show, when Brody was talking to his wife on the Satelite phone - "Don't worry, it will all go back to how it was soon." And it almost did, in that Brody almost died and the family goes on living with Mike in the picture.

Still unanswered - Why did Saul fail the initial polygraph in season one? The one he walked out of. And why did he pray when the guy who was interrogated was killed with the razor? We can trust him.... right? Or is he - or anyone else - a mole?

If I were king shit of fuck mountain, and had a say in how the show went, I think good direction would be to involve the VP's son.

There are a lot of angles:
- Dana likes/liked him, creating drama on the personal/family front
- Brody knows Dana likes him, and also hates VP for taking Isa, which was essentially Brody's son. Payback?
- Nazir obviously wants to cause a ruckus, and it would be sweet revenge
- The viewer has angst towards the son for killing the pedestrian, and causing Dana grief

Anyways, that was just a smattering of my thoughts.

The unresolved mole issue is certainly an interesting one, although I don't think it's ever come up in S2, has it? If Saul is a mole for anyone, it would probably be Mossad. I can't imagine an Arab terrorist ever accepting help from a Jew nor a Jew helping an Arab terrorist. In either case, I think they have shown enough of Saul in private (i.e. there was no one for him to pretend around) for any doubts to be there. Maybe I'm just being blinded by my bias here because I like Saul Berenson so much. Who knows?

I thought for sure Brody was going to get killed by Nazir's people during the last episode simply because I feel like that Carrie-Brody story arc is just too dirty at this point. The writers probably don't want to deal with that shit. They've made it pretty clear that his family doesn't want anything to do with him at this point (Jessica sleeping with Mike, Dana not wanting to talk to him on the phone and reminiscing about her life prior to Brody's return). The writers also told us through Saul that Brody makes Carrie weak. I think we're being prepped for the death of Nicholas Brody. If Nazir doesn't get him, Quinn will. If anything, it's just a good, clean way to close the Brody chapter and move on to a different conflict in S3.

DA_T_84
11-26-2012, 11:14 PM
The other mole reference I forgot to mention is the warning about the car chasing the "professor" to the staged house. What makes the Saul element even more interesting is that he reacted sooo strongly when the girl killed herself at the super max prison. Maybe they were closer than just a simple car ride from Mexico to Virginia?

Love me some Saul, but that is interesting. I also wonder if what's-his-ass hispanic CIA agent, who got shot at the tailor shop, has a deeper element? Or perhaps the creepy mute spy brother?

Bowser
11-27-2012, 10:23 AM
I thought they made it pretty clear what Quinn's deal is. Like Estes said, he's there to kill terrorists (read: kill Bordy). The CIA's plan is clearly to off Brody after he's done helping them with Nazir.

Yeah, but to have him in such a place of influence? IF that's all he was truly there for, they could just have him wait in the shadows with a sniper rifle. Something hasn't been revealed yet.....

Bowser
11-27-2012, 10:24 AM
The other mole reference I forgot to mention is the warning about the car chasing the "professor" to the staged house. What makes the Saul element even more interesting is that he reacted sooo strongly when the girl killed herself at the super max prison. Maybe they were closer than just a simple car ride from Mexico to Virginia?

Love me some Saul, but that is interesting. I also wonder if what's-his-ass hispanic CIA agent, who got shot at the tailor shop, has a deeper element? Or perhaps the creepy mute spy brother?

So you're suggesting that Saul actually willingly assisted the suicide? Interesting....

Sorter
11-27-2012, 10:35 AM
I think Galvez is your best bet for a mole if one exists.

keg in kc
11-27-2012, 10:41 AM
So you're suggesting that Saul actually willingly assisted the suicide? Interesting....I've wondered about Saul all along. Remember when Brody passed the polygraph and said that he didn't give the guy the razor blade, back in season one? Didn't Saul fail it, ostensibly because of his problems with his wife?

It's a subtle thing, and they've never been overt with him (never any mustache-twirling onscreen...) but it's been set up if that's the direction they want to go.

Bowser
11-27-2012, 10:46 AM
I've wondered about Saul all along. Remember when Brody passed the polygraph and said that he didn't give the guy the razor blade, back in season one? Didn't Saul fail it, ostensibly because of his problems with his wife?

It's a subtle thing, and they've never been overt with him (never any mustache-twirling onscreen...) but it's been set up if that's the direction they want to go.

True. And he did have quite the emotional outburst when he realized what she possibly had done inside that room. Very unlike Saul to react that way. Putting on a show for the guard?

Sorter
11-27-2012, 10:50 AM
True. And he did have quite the emotional outburst when he realized what she possibly had done inside that room. Very unlike Saul to react that way. Putting on a show for the guard?

Eh, I think that Saul's just an emotional guy who felt bad for her.

If he is the mole or working for Mossad (his character is jewish and was reciting a Hebrew prayer IIRC when the terrorist in S1 killed himself) it would be crazy. I think it is probably more likely that he isn't the mole and is working with Mossad but I think he's clean.

Buck
11-27-2012, 04:14 PM
The unresolved mole issue is certainly an interesting one, although I don't think it's ever come up in S2, has it? If Saul is a mole for anyone, it would probably be Mossad. I can't imagine an Arab terrorist ever accepting help from a Jew nor a Jew helping an Arab terrorist. In either case, I think they have shown enough of Saul in private (i.e. there was no one for him to pretend around) for any doubts to be there. Maybe I'm just being blinded by my bias here because I like Saul Berenson so much. Who knows?

I thought for sure Brody was going to get killed by Nazir's people during the last episode simply because I feel like that Carrie-Brody story arc is just too dirty at this point. The writers probably don't want to deal with that shit. They've made it pretty clear that his family doesn't want anything to do with him at this point (Jessica sleeping with Mike, Dana not wanting to talk to him on the phone and reminiscing about her life prior to Brody's return). The writers also told us through Saul that Brody makes Carrie weak. I think we're being prepped for the death of Nicholas Brody. If Nazir doesn't get him, Quinn will. If anything, it's just a good, clean way to close the Brody chapter and move on to a different conflict in S3.

Spoiler below
Damian Lewis just signed a deal to be on the show through season 7

Sorter
11-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Spoiler below

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I was really hoping they'd just end it next year.

This show is going to be as shitty as Dexter is if it makes it 5 seasons.

unnecessary drama
11-27-2012, 04:17 PM
how do you make 7 seasons with Brody already outed as a terrorist? Crazy. And now even Abu Nazir knows he was working against him...

I guess that's why they write and I watch.

L.A. Chieffan
11-27-2012, 04:21 PM
eh, it's a good show. entertaining. but people put it up on a pedestal like sopranos or wire and it ain't even close to that level.

unnecessary drama
11-27-2012, 04:25 PM
I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the Wire.

Buck
11-27-2012, 04:54 PM
The Sopranos is just one I can't get into. I like this way more.

Pants
11-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Spoiler below

Well, that's fucking interesting.

okoye35chiefs
11-28-2012, 10:22 AM
how do you make 7 seasons with Brody already outed as a terrorist? Crazy. And now even Abu Nazir knows he was working against him...

I guess that's why they write and I watch.

http://oncelebrity.com/thumbs/2012-07-31/th_693377326_morenab300712CUimage1_122_148lo.jpg

as long as she is on the show, I am watching....

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Just watched the last 3 current episodes in a row....awesome.

BigRedChief
11-29-2012, 05:20 PM

I guess that's why they write and I watch.There is no way on the face of the earth that a show of this quality is going to be predictable and boring. Maybe later, season 7 or something but not next year.

I'm sure they have a grand plan for the charectors.

BigRedChief
11-29-2012, 05:21 PM
http://oncelebrity.com/thumbs/2012-07-31/th_693377326_morenab300712CUimage1_122_148lo.jpg

as long as she is on the show, I am watching....Her boobies seemed more perky last year than last night.

BigRedChief
11-29-2012, 05:22 PM
eh, it's a good show. entertaining. but people put it up on a pedestal like sopranos or wire and it ain't even close to that level.Homeland is the best current show on television.:harumph:

Sfeihc
11-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Homeland is the best current show on television.:harumph:

BRC, you're such a charector! LMAO

L.A. Chieffan
11-29-2012, 07:28 PM

I don't have a problem with that, it's up there.

Baby Lee
11-29-2012, 08:57 PM

Sometimes I ponder whether its THE best out there, but my behavior suggests so as it's the one show I must watch as soon as it's on. It rarely survives past Monday early morning on the DVR, if that long.

lcarus
11-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Is this shit pretty good? I know virtually nothing about this show, but my cousin loves it and he usually has pretty damn good taste in entertainment.

Bowser
11-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Is this shit pretty good? I know virtually nothing about this show, but my cousin loves it and he usually has pretty damn good taste in entertainment.

Yeah, it is.

Watch it from the every beginning, though.

lcarus
11-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah, it is.

Watch it from the every beginning, though.

Ok, will do! :thumb:

okoye35chiefs
11-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Her boobies seemed more perky last year than last night.

I would still nuzzle them and :hump:

BigRedChief
11-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah, it is.

Watch it from the every beginning, though.THIS! :thumb:

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-30-2012, 08:12 PM
It's good. I enjoy GOT and Breaking Bad more though.

Baby Lee
11-30-2012, 08:33 PM
It's good. I enjoy GOT and Breaking Bad more though.

Those are two I'd hold above HL, but they're not on right now.

A good ep of The Walking Dead pushes it ahead, a good ep of HL does the same.

Pants
11-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Homeland > GoT, IMO.

Then again, I've read the ASOIAF books so I'm missing out on all the suspense the show might offer to those who haven't.

Sorter
11-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Haven't watched GOT yet.

IMO, it is 2nd behind BB and ahead of BE since the death of Jimmy.

Dexter has sucked ass for the last 2 years.

WoodDraw
12-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Breaking Bad > Homeland >...........giant cliff........everyone else.

Breaking Bad is fantastic because they've told a story over many years, developed the characters, and never dropped in quality. And it has an end.

Homeland has awhile to go until they reach that point. I still worry about the direction of the show, and if they can keep it up. But so far, the writers haven't disappointed.

keg in kc
12-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Homeland > GoT, IMO.

Then again, I've read the ASOIAF books so I'm missing out on all the suspense the show might offer to those who haven't.3rd season of GoT could be better than anything ever, if they get it right.

mnchiefsguy
12-02-2012, 06:18 PM
3rd season of GoT could be better than anything ever, if they get it right.

Given how well the first two seasons have gone, I think they will.

Buck
12-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Wtf was that ending?

Sorter
12-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Galvez=Mole

Pants
12-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Galvez=Mole

I wonder whether Estes thinks Saul is the mole?? Why are they sending him downstairs? Maybe Estes didn't appreciate Saul running a side op on Quinn?

Sorter
12-03-2012, 09:40 PM
I wonder whether Estes thinks Saul is the mole?? Why are they sending him downstairs? Maybe Estes didn't appreciate Saul running a side op on Quinn?

This IMO.

ZootedGranny
12-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Last night's episode was a fucking goofy mess.

Abu Nazir, the equivalent of Osama Bin Laden, casually strolls into a 7-11 shortly before singlehandedly wrecking and kidnapping Carrie, who is busy listening to her shitty jazz. Dana and her mopey ass make an appearance in time for the shitty hit-and-run with Finn subplot to pop up again. Nazir then Skypes Brody, who only goes down the hall to scream Nazir's name repeatedly. Brody then does a followup to the classic "dig through a guy's room and get the object in the nick of time" by grabbing a novelty size magnifying glass and getting the serial number to Walden's pacemaker. Nazir then has the pacemaker hacked (which is weirdly the most realistic thing to happen in this episode) (http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-10/hacker-attackers-could-reverse-pacemakers-distance-delivering-deadly-shocks). Carrie is let free, only to disboey orders for the 20th time, grabbing a pipe to take on Nazir. End episode.

http://i.minus.com/inX1hfpTL02Ul.gif

Pants
12-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Last night's episode was a fucking goofy mess.

Abu Nazir, the equivalent of Osama Bin Laden, casually strolls into a 7-11 shortly before singlehandedly wrecking and kidnapping Carrie, who is busy listening to her shitty jazz. Dana and her mopey ass make an appearance in time for the shitty hit-and-run with Finn subplot to pop up again. Nazir then Skypes Brody, who only goes down the hall to scream Nazir's name repeatedly. Brody then does a followup to the classic "dig through a guy's room and get the object in the nick of time" by grabbing a novelty size magnifying glass and getting the serial number to Walden's pacemaker. Nazir then has the pacemaker hacked (which is weirdly the most realistic thing to happen in this episode) (http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-10/hacker-attackers-could-reverse-pacemakers-distance-delivering-deadly-shocks). Carrie is let free, only to disboey orders for the 20th time, grabbing a pipe to take on Nazir. End episode.

Yeah. Why would someone grab a pipe to go after someone with a gun? WTF, writers?

Sorter
12-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Last night's episode was a ****ing goofy mess.

:clap::clap:

I really hope the 7 seasons rumor gets debunked. This show is starting to near the cliff with some of the stupid shit that happens each episode.

Still love Quinn and Saul though.

Pants
12-03-2012, 11:36 PM
:clap::clap:

I really hope the 7 seasons rumor gets debunked. This show is starting to near the cliff with some of the stupid shit that happens each episode.

Still love Quinn and Saul though.

Yeah. They just need to stick to the Agency trying to get baddies. There are many ways to make those plot-lines intense and addicting. We don't need fucking Dana. At all. Like ever.

Sorter
12-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah. They just need to stick to the Agency trying to get baddies. There are many ways to make those plot-lines intense and addicting. We don't need ****ing Dana. At all. Like ever.

I hope that black girl comes out of nowhere and kills the shit out of Dana.

Then, takes of her mask, revealing herself to be none other than...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mah0mshvdJ1qk6wc3o1_500.gif

KC_Connection
12-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Why did Galvez randomly show up after like a 6 episode absence right when Carrie was captured by Nazir? If he's the mole, he'd be the most obvious mole of all time.LMAO

Sorter
12-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Why did Galvez randomly show up after like a 6 episode absence right when Carrie was captured by Nazir? If he's the mole, he'd be the most obvious mole of all time.LMAO

The way the writing has been for the past several episodes, that sounds about right.

Pants
12-04-2012, 08:37 PM

LMAO

Buck
12-04-2012, 09:00 PM

Even though it's just a gif, I can hear his voice perfectly in my head.

KC_Connection
12-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Even though it's just a gif, I can hear his voice perfectly in my head.
That quote of his is the title of the Dexter season finale this year. I'll be interested to see why.

KC_Connection
12-04-2012, 11:40 PM
BTW, I loved the moment this episode when Saul was just grilling Estes' about Quinn's real purpose to the operation. Hilarious how much he's in his head.

keg in kc
12-05-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm going to say the same thing about this last episode that I said about some of season 1, and I know not a lot of people will agree with this, but they make some ****ing ridiculous decisions in the writers room from time to time. The whole bit with Abu Nazir being in the country was enough of a stretch, but then to have him wreck Carrie, then take her hostage in an abandoned warehouse, then make a threatening call to Brody was just...dumb. I mean we're talking mustache-twirling villain territory here, and I expect more than that from this show. And then to have Brody basically kill the vice president in his residence. Jesus. This is a smarter show than that. There's just things they do from time to time that are impossible for me to suspend my disbelief for.

And god, did they have to bring Finn back? That's just what we needed, more angsty teen conversations for me to fast-foward through.

Fortunately the rest of the episode's so good that I don't want to tune out.

BigRedChief
12-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah. They just need to stick to the Agency trying to get baddies. There are many ways to make those plot-lines intense and addicting. We don't need fucking Dana. At all. Like ever.I just dont get it. Showtime doesn't need to worry about demographics and ratings like networks. Why have a 14 year old girl as a major part in an international intrigue based show? Who wants to watch a brooding 14 year old act like a whiny bitch?

BigRedChief
12-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm going to say the same thing about this last episode that I said about some of season 1, and I know not a lot of people will agree with this, but they make some ****ing ridiculous decisions in the writers room from time to time. The whole bit with Abu Nazir being in the country was enough of a stretch, but then to have him wreck Carrie, then take her hostage in an abandoned warehouse, then make a threatening call to Brody was just...dumb. I mean we're talking mustache-twirling villain territory here, and I expect more than that from this show. And then to have Brody basically kill the vice president in his residence. Jesus. This is a smarter show than that. There's just things they do from time to time that are impossible for me to suspend my disbelief for.

And god, did they have to bring Finn back? That's just what we needed, more angsty teen conversations for me to fast-foward through.

Fortunately the rest of the episode's so good that I don't want to tune out.It's TV and expect a little latitude with reality. But comeon this show and writers can do better than that last show.

But, overall it was a good episode.

okoye35chiefs
12-05-2012, 06:13 PM
2 more shows left...she has to cover for brodie again!

RaiderH8r
12-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Can Nazir kill Finn and his girlfriend? I could support that.

Pants
12-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I just dont get it.

You and me both, man.

KC_Connection
12-05-2012, 10:09 PM
I just dont get it. Showtime doesn't need to worry about demographics and ratings like networks. Why have a 14 year old girl as a major part in an international intrigue based show? Who wants to watch a brooding 14 year old act like a whiny bitch?
Maybe there is something more to all of that bullshit, maybe she plays a bigger role in all of this. If not, then WTF is the point?

Chiefnj2
12-06-2012, 06:15 AM
I just dont get it. Showtime doesn't need to worry about demographics and ratings like networks. Why have a 14 year old girl as a major part in an international intrigue based show? Who wants to watch a brooding 14 year old act like a whiny bitch?

She was the only person Brody could relate to in season 1 and perhaps still even now. She's the reason he didn't set off the vest (the 2nd time). She's also a vehicle to humanize Brody.

Sorter
12-06-2012, 06:24 AM
She was the only person Brody could relate to in season 1 and perhaps still even now. She's the reason he didn't set off the vest (the 2nd time). She's also a vehicle to humanize Brody.

She still is going to be killed by Doakes.

Just wait.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Doakes is giving Lila the Chocolate Pain...in hell.

Sorter
12-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Doakes is giving Lila the Chocolate Pain...in hell.

LMAO

Chiefnj2
12-07-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm really afraid the show jumped the shark this past week. Everything was bad about it. Nazir kidnapping an important CIA operative, Brody's task to kill the VP, return of Finn, etc. Even Lewis' acting was bad this episode.

BigRedChief
12-07-2012, 12:43 PM
She was the only person Brody could relate to in season 1 and perhaps still even now. She's the reason he didn't set off the vest (the 2nd time). She's also a vehicle to humanize Brody.I understand that part. But, you can accomplish that without all the face time. The sub plot of the VP son, her brooding all the time etc.

BigRedChief
12-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm really afraid the show jumped the shark this past week. Everything was bad about it. Nazir kidnapping an important CIA operative, Brody's task to kill the VP, return of Finn, etc. Even Lewis' acting was bad this episode.There was many WTF moments that last episode but it has a lot of well made episodes in the bank and its only its 2nd year. It's still the best show on television.

I'm not ready to call Fonzie on the show.

Sorter
12-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm really afraid the show jumped the shark this past week. Everything was bad about it. Nazir kidnapping an important CIA operative, Brody's task to kill the VP, return of Finn, etc. Even Lewis' acting was bad this episode.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31476390.jpg

Bowser
12-10-2012, 12:01 PM
They hit the turbo boost button these last two episodes, as in "well, that escalated quickly".

I'll save the spoiler for those that may have not seen it yet (and judging by the lack of discussion, not many have yet).

jiveturkey
12-10-2012, 12:03 PM
They hit the turbo boost button these last two episodes, as in "well, that escalated quickly".

I'll save the spoiler for those that may have not seen it yet (and judging by the lack of discussion, not many have yet).

I just don't see where they're going but I had the same issues at the end of season 1.

They've basically wrapped up the current story line and put a bow on it.

Bowser
12-10-2012, 12:06 PM
I just don't see where they're going but I had the same issues at the end of season 1.

They've basically wrapped up the current story line and put a bow on it.

I can see where they're going, maybe, but hopefully I'm wrong about it.

The season felt like a King novel - great storytelling, then HOLY SHIT IT'S THE END WRAP IT ALL UP KTHXBI.

keg in kc
12-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Body double.

Baby Lee
12-10-2012, 01:19 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W0TqS2XBmOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigRedChief
12-10-2012, 08:57 PM

I'll save the spoiler for those that may have not seen it yet (and judging by the lack of discussion, not many have yet).If you haven't seen the current episode, stay out. Thats the way it is in all the media center threads. anything aired is fair game.

BigRedChief
12-10-2012, 09:02 PM

They've basically wrapped up the current story line and put a bow on it.I wouldn't go there just yet.
Brody is signed up for next season

Chiefnj2
12-11-2012, 05:09 AM
A terrorist with the notoriety of Bin Laden is holed up in a factory and nobody can find him after an hour or so, so everyone just gives up and goes home? They don't do a walk through with the CIA operative who was captured and last saw him? They don't bring in dogs or any heartbeat monitor equipment, blue prints of the factory, etc?

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-11-2012, 09:11 AM
A terrorist with the notoriety of Bin Laden is holed up in a factory and nobody can find him after an hour or so, so everyone just gives up and goes home? They don't do a walk through with the CIA operative who was captured and last saw him? They don't bring in dogs or any heartbeat monitor equipment, blue prints of the factory, etc?

Pretty much, heh

BigRedChief
12-11-2012, 05:23 PM
The biggest problem for Showtime's "Homeland": A serious case of Persistent Disbelief Syndrome

As Homeland winds towards a promisingly explosive finale next Sunday night, some critics are tied in knots over what they think are the show's outlandish plot twists and revelations.

But in watching last Sunday's episode, that stuff didn't bother me nearly as much as a typical TV convention that ties me in knots:

I'm calling it Persistent Disbelief Syndrome.

It's that setup in a show where almost no one believes the star character, despite the fact that he or she is almost always right and has a really long track record of being right.

For a while, in Homeland, the writers managed to turn that formula on its ear by having the lead character, Claire Danes' bipolar CIA agent Carrie Mathison, distrust herself when her grand conclusion -- that Damian Lewis' war hero Nick Brody was a sleeper agent working for terrorists -- seemed wrong.

showtime_at_comiccon_2012_homeland.pngOnly the viewers knew she was actually right. And that led to delicious moments when we, as viewers, were sitting at home shouting at Carrie to trust herself. Because only we knew how on-target her instincts actually were.

Flash forward to the end of this season, and Homeland is drowning in a serious case of PDS.

Everyone, especially Carrie, now knows she was right about Brody and he's been turned into an double-double-agent asset for the CIA. Still, the other characters, especially David Harewood's butt-covering CIA director David Estes, must doubt Carrie's instincts to create conflict in each episode. Carrie is not only fighting the terrorists and her own self-doubt, she's fighting the jerks within the CIA who are just itching to marginalize and discredit her for their own reasons.

But, since the show began, Carrie is the only one who has had those patented "magic moments" on TV shows where she connects the dots to figure out details no one else can about what the terrorists are planning.

no-end-in-sight-for-showtime-s-homeland-says-showrunner.jpgIt was Carrie, of course, who originally figured out that Brody was working secretly with Middle Eastern terrorists to try and assassinate the vice president. It was Carrie who rushed into a building in Beirut, as men with guns were trying to hunt her and fellow CIA agents down, to grab the vital evidence which eventually proved her theory.

It was Carrie who figured out how to play Brody so he would turn on his terrorist compatriots. And, Sunday night, we saw it was Carrie who figured out that the show's Bin Laden, terrorist Abu Nazir, had not actually left an abandoned warehouse where he had been holding her captive -- forcing security forces to search the building yet again until she uncovered the place where Nazir was hiding.

If you ask me, the show's most outlandish element is the way no one else makes important discoveries about the terrorists except Carrie -- its as if America's worldwide intelligence network has just one person smart enough to figure out their tactics and plans. And that person is an unstable, impulsive analyst just off electro shock therapy and an affair with a soldier-turned-terrorist who somehow got elected to Congress.

The unbelievable plot stuff -- Carrie just accepts that her sleeper agent beau killed the vice president of the United States, Brody is a Congressman who never seems to be in Congress, Estes knows Brody tried to kill the vice president once but does nothing when the VP dies of a heart attack in the same room with the guy -- doesn't bother me so much.

homeland-season-2-episode-7-video-preview-the-clearing.jpgEven the way Homeland has turned Brody's daughter into a mopey, annoying teen who can't get over killing a woman in a hit-and-run during a joyride with the vice president's son feels like a forgivable sin -- though it has made an irritable afterthought of a character who promised to be so much better than the throwaway teens on most adult-oriented TV dramas.

After a while, Homeland is like Lost; you just have to go along with the ride and try not to think too much about a storyline with more holes than an average piece of Swiss cheese.

But the PDS stuff drives me crazy. Someone who has been right as Carrie has about something so important should not be ignored. Every time Estes gives her that skeptical look, she should say to him: "You're the guy who put somebody with an exploding vest in a concrete bunker with the vice president, jerkface! And I'm the one who figured it out."

homeland-claire-danes.jpgIn truth, somebody savvy as Estes should be using her insights as much as possible, bringing her close and exploiting her to his advantage until Nazir is caught and he can dump her. But to serve the story, he has to doubt her abilities, even as her insights keep piling up. The writers do a savvy job of damaging her -- she sleeps with Brody in a room under surveillance by the agency and incorrectly accuses a fellow agent of working with Nazir. But it still seems silly how often the guys in charge ignore her insights when she's the only one who ever figures out important connections in time.

PDS is also making it awfully tough for me to watch CBS' Sherlock Holmes remake Elementary. Jonny Lee Miller is magnetic as a new-school, super-perceptive Holmes, solving cases for free as a consultant to the NYPD, aided by Lucy Liu's sober coach-turned-confidant Joan Watson.

And in every episode, despite Holmes' impressive and growing track record of solving impossible cases, the detectives who work with him are skeptical of his unorthodox methods and doubt him when his conclusions seem outlandish. By now, they should know -- Holmes is going to figure it out, just let him do his thing. But to create a sense of drama and conflict, they have to doubt and resist him, even as he uncovers every major twist in every major case they investigate.

PDS nearly turned me off another show I loved, CBS' supernatural procedural Medium. Patricia Arquette's middle class mom was a secret psychic whose abilities helped the District Attorney's office in Phoenix, Arizona solve countless cases. But all too often, her insights would be downplayed or ignored, building drama even as I sat at home wondering: Hasn't she proved herself by now?

I'm sure that feeling will nag again on Sunday, as we learn whether Estes' plan to kill Brody and sideline Carrie's mentor Saul -- the only other guy who seems to figure out anything in time -- works out.

But for the future of an often-amazing show, I'm hoping producers figure how to get over their nagging case of Persistent Disbelief Syndrome.

It's the kind of disease which can prove fatal if untreated long enough.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/content/biggest-problem-showtimes-homeland-serious-case-persistent-disbelief-syndrome?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tampabaycom%2Fblogs%2Fmedia+%28The+Feed+|+tampabay.com%29

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah, it's turned into just a tv show. A very good t.v. show, but it won't reach that pantheon status.

BigRedChief
12-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah, it's turned into just a tv show. A very good t.v. show, but it won't reach that pantheon status.This only started the last 4-6 episodes. It can turn it around next year.

KC_Connection
12-12-2012, 08:37 AM
I still think Valdez is the mole.

Sorter
12-12-2012, 09:07 AM
I read the spoiler for next weeks episode on IMDB last night.

Eh.

Dallas Chief
12-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I read the spoiler for next weeks episode on IMDB last night.

Eh.

link?

Sorter
12-13-2012, 01:38 PM
link?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1796960/board/thread/208079279