PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Pete Carroll is 'recruiting' LeBron James for Seahawks

luv
10-13-2011, 08:29 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/10/lebron-james-pete-carroll-recruiting-seattle-seahawks/1

The biggest flirtation bouncing around Twitter at the moment is between Pete Carroll and LeBron James.

When LeBron inquired this week about the deadline to sign as an NFL free agent it created some far-fetched speculation that he was contemplating spending the NBA lockout wearing football pads.

Carroll has jumped on that bandwagon, posting a picture of a Seattle Seahawks jersey with the No. 1 and LeBron's name.

LeBron responded with: "Nice!! Looks great."

Carroll also tweeted that: "I kinda think of you as a touchdown maker but is it true you think of yourself as a pass rusher?"

And also, the bottom line: "Are you aware of what the League's rookie minimum is?

DMAC
10-13-2011, 08:31 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0904/nba.michael.jordan.playing.baseball/images/michael-jordan-white-sox(2).jpg

nuff said

Deberg_1990
10-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Hootie should be ecstatic

Frazod
10-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Works for me. Do the Seahags play the Browns this year by any chance? That would be epic.

RippedmyFlesh
10-13-2011, 08:40 AM
It would be fun to watch. Can you imagine a fade route to him?

RippedmyFlesh
10-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Works for me. Do the Seahags play the Browns this year by any chance? That would be epic.

LMAO Week 7. Mass suicide.

Dave Lane
10-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Someone would break him in half and then cornhole him right out on the 50 yard line

KCrockaholic
10-13-2011, 08:46 AM
I would love it! I need another fantasy FB weapon.

Pants
10-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Someone would break him in half and then cornhole him right out on the 50 yard line

What makes you say that? LeBron is a big boy.

Frazod
10-13-2011, 08:48 AM

Yes, that's pretty much what I'd want to see happen.

Cave Johnson
10-13-2011, 08:49 AM
What makes you say that? LeBron is a big boy.

Football toughness >>>>>> basketball toughness.

KCUnited
10-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Look like Tarzan, play like Jane.

wazu
10-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Look like Tarzan, play like Jane.

ROFL

kccrow
10-13-2011, 08:55 AM
At least in Jordan's case, basketball had more contact than baseball. I think back to Bo Jackson, and atleast he played college ball. I realize this is a joke, or so it appears, but James would get killed out there.

alpha_omega
10-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Just don't give him the ball with the game on the line.

Demonpenz
10-13-2011, 08:56 AM

you've seen the nfl lately right?

bovandy
10-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Just don't give him the ball with the game on the line.

And boom goes the dynamite

Dartgod
10-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Yep. October 23 after a bye week. Plenty of time to get him ready to dominate, according to Hootie.

Molitoth
10-13-2011, 09:14 AM
I think back to Bo Jackson.

Bo was my hero.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OpK8viqQyrM/TDaKwdDBM3I/AAAAAAAAAEM/rcW1P5cfUSk/s1600/bo_jackson102.jpg

Pestilence
10-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Oh I'm sure he'd be awesome......until he was needed in a clutch situation.

Valiant
10-13-2011, 09:33 AM
It would be fun to watch. Can you imagine a fade route to him?

It shocks me still on those plays are working with the new rules. Especially the endzone ones where the wr gets jump balls. Let them jump, higherthe better. Then shove their ass out of bounds. Only seen it a few times this season.

lcarus
10-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Screw Lebron, let's sign Dwight Howard. He has speed, size, and athleticism. Just throw it up and tell him to pretend it's a rebound. For those saying some of these NBA guys couldn't take the contact, I don't know if we live in a world where Dexter McCluster can play RB in the NFL and Dwight Howard or Queen James couldn't play some position.

KCUnited
10-13-2011, 09:40 AM
McCluster and Arenas are our Muggsy Bogues and Cookie Miller.

Dave Lane
10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
They would take one whack and get up and walk of the field. It wouldn't be pretty.

Demonpenz
10-13-2011, 10:00 AM
You guys are Highly under estimating how hard they get fouled in the nba without pads or helmet on a wood floor.

lcarus
10-13-2011, 10:02 AM
You guys are Highly under estimating how hard they get fouled in the nba without pads or helmet on a wood floor.

ESPECIALLY Dwight Howard. Opposing teams gameplan against Dwight is to hit him as hard as they can every time he gets the rock.

lcarus
10-13-2011, 10:02 AM
They would take one whack and get up and walk of the field. It wouldn't be pretty.

You'd think the same thing about Jamaal Charles or McCluster if they played basketball.

kccrow
10-13-2011, 10:09 AM

Except for the fact that I sincerely doubt they are getting hit with nearly 3000 pounds of force in the rib cage like they would be in the NFL by D-lineman and Linebackers.

Demonpenz
10-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Except for the fact that I sincerely doubt they are getting hit with nearly 3000 pounds of force in the rib cage like they would be in the NFL by D-lineman and Linebackers.

whatever Gunther LMAO

Start Croyle
10-13-2011, 10:17 AM
You guys might not know this but LBJ played football in highschool and set many records for his team as a reciever! He was an all-state player and from a recruiting standpoint he was even was on the radar of schools like Notre Dame and Ohio State!

I think he could have made the NFL because he is an amazing athlete! However, I don't think he can go straight into the NFL because he hasn't played football in so long and hasn't had the years of college and pro level training and practice as other players in that league have.

It's kind of like when Chad Ochocinco was recruited by Sporting KC! Not really serious but a good way of generating buzz for the team.

penguinz
10-13-2011, 10:18 AM
You guys might not know this but LBJ played football in highschool and set many records for his team as a reciever! He was an all-state player and from a recruiting standpoint he was even was on the radar of schools like Notre Dame and Ohio State!

I think he could have made the NFL because he is an amazing athlete! However, I don't think he can go straight into the NFL because he hasn't played football in so long and hasn't had the years of college and pro level training and practice as other players in that league have.

It's kind of like when Chad Ochocinco was recruited by Sporting KC! Not really serious but a good way of generating buzz for the team.This statement is inaccurate.

Dave Lane
10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
LBJ was a famous football player?? :spock:

kccrow
10-13-2011, 10:26 AM
whatever Gunther LMAO

Let's see your basketball players, who have not been hardened by seasons of hits, take punishment like that. I can't post links yet... so go to YouTube and search for Ndamukong Suh Sports Science and Ray Lewis Sports Science. Watch the vids and see if you still feel LaBron could handle those types of hits having never been subjected to them.

Dave Lane
10-13-2011, 10:27 AM
I knew he pulled dog ears but I thought that was athletic as he ever got. Other than pants fitting down by his bunghole.

HotRoute
10-13-2011, 10:27 AM
These guys aren't playing in the NFL. it's a big ploy on the media outlets to create controversy.

And if they did play they would be okay because Goodell would never allow a good hit to go in fined.

kccrow
10-13-2011, 10:29 AM
I knew he pulled dog ears but I thought that was athletic as he ever got. Other than pants fitting down by his bunghole.

"Lookin like a fool wit his pants on da floor" ... still love that guy hahaha

Brock
10-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Let's see your basketball players, who have not been hardened by seasons of hits, take punishment like that. I can't post links yet... so go to YouTube and search for Ndamukong Suh Sports Science and Ray Lewis Sports Science. Watch the vids and see if you still feel LaBron could handle those types of hits having never been subjected to them.

"Hardened by seasons of hits"? WTF does that even mean?

Bump
10-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Lebron James is a freak athlete, I bet he could play football. I'd watch it at least.

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 10:32 AM
"Hardened by seasons of hits"? WTF does that even mean?

It's a crock of shit.

How many times does Ndamukong Suh get to flatten a stand still WR at full speed per year? Per career?

Never. Never, never, never.

LeBron James would never take a hit like the one Suh lands on sports science...that's just flat out retarded.

Sofa King
10-13-2011, 10:38 AM
It's a crock of shit.

How many times does Ndamukong Suh get to flatten a stand still WR at full speed per year? Per career?

Never. Never, never, never.

LeBron James would never take a hit like the one Suh lands on sports science...that's just flat out retarded.

After the whistle blows he could clobber one. That's where he does his damage on QB's anyways.

SuperChief
10-13-2011, 10:39 AM
If LeBron ever played a game in the NFL, it probably be the most-watched sports game evar.

Demonpenz
10-13-2011, 10:54 AM
well fuck if Sports Science had it on there it's got to be truth. Those fuckers proved Brad Faxton could hit a golfball out of pasta.

CoMoChief
10-13-2011, 10:55 AM

I dunno...its not like he doesn't know how to take a hit..guy was the HS POTY in OH. and while that's HS...you'd have guys that are 240lbs Max hitting him and he has close to 40lbs on those guys.....I would bet he's faster than most on the field and sure as hell would be a goalline matchup nightmare. But does he understand the pro game and block and techniques etc? No he'd be terrible at that and that's why he would fail. But he passes the physical part of the game with flying colors IMO.

Could u imagine him running fly routes down the middle of the field and qbs just throwing it up to him? He'd run past any linebackers and would out jump any def back u put on him.

Rausch
10-13-2011, 10:56 AM
If LeBron ever played a game in the NFL, it probably be the most-watched sports game evar.

And it'd be over in 10 minutes, at best...

kccrow
10-13-2011, 10:57 AM
I guess I'm retarded then... cool with me. Hardened means that you have acclimated to getting hit by very large forces time and again. Its like one of you guys that have never boxed before saying you could take a punch from Mike Tyson and be just fine. Truth is your ass would be fucked right up and in the intensive care unit.

In any event, Suh may not get that many stand still hits at full speed, but I can guarantee that most of his hits on QBs exceed 2000 pounds of force. How many hits have you seen Ray Lewis make on WRs, TEs, and RBs coming at him full speed and he just blew their asses up? So to say it won't happen is rediculous. I can guarantee that guys like Ray Ray would send LaBron home crying like a baby. In all reality, it won't happen anyway though so no use fighting about it much.

Rausch
10-13-2011, 10:59 AM
I guess I'm retarded then... cool with me. Hardened means that you have acclimated to getting hit by very large forces time and again. Its like one of you guys that have never boxed before saying you could take a punch from Mike Tyson and be just fine. Truth is your ass would be ****ed right up and in the intensive care unit.

Basketball players are the most athletic pussies in sports.

The end...

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Basketball players are the most athletic pussies in sports.

The end...

you are one of the least informed sports posters on this board...

just so you know

Rausch
10-13-2011, 11:06 AM
you are one of the least informed sports posters on this board...

just so you know

You are one of the least respected posters, on any subject (that doesn't include being a level 50 on HALO,) on this board.

Just so you know...

KCUnited
10-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Chiefs to bring him in for cornholing look.

saphojunkie
10-13-2011, 11:36 AM
I guess I'm retarded then... cool with me. Hardened means that you have acclimated to getting hit by very large forces time and again. Its like one of you guys that have never boxed before saying you could take a punch from Mike Tyson and be just fine. Truth is your ass would be ****ed right up and in the intensive care unit.

In any event, Suh may not get that many stand still hits at full speed, but I can guarantee that most of his hits on QBs exceed 2000 pounds of force. How many hits have you seen Ray Lewis make on WRs, TEs, and RBs coming at him full speed and he just blew their asses up? So to say it won't happen is rediculous. I can guarantee that guys like Ray Ray would send LaBron home crying like a baby. In all reality, it won't happen anyway though so no use fighting about it much.

Lebron James is bigger than Mario Williams.

He is three inches taller and thirty pounds heavier, faster, and more athletic than Tony Gonzalez.

Lebron James is one of, if not THE, most amazing athletic specimen in the world. His combination of size, speed, strength, and agility is unparalleled.

The idea that he simply isn't "football tough" is so blazingly retarded that it makes me worry for our youth. You're saying that Javier Arenas can take hits that Lebron can't? You're saying that Terrence Copper can take a Ray Lewis hit, but Lebron would be sent "home crying to his momma?" You're saying that a rookie running back at 6'0 and 200 pounds can take hits that Lebron can't, because he played three years of college football? He's played 36 games of football more than Lebron, and all-state WR in high school did. Okay, soo Lebron's minutes with Dwight Howard banging on him, the hard fouls, the Olympics, the practices...none of that counts? for anything? DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

The hate.

has gone.

too far.

Detoxing
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
The idea that he simply isn't "football tough" is so blazingly retarded that it makes me worry for our youth. You're saying that Javier Arenas can take hits that Lebron can't? You're saying that Terrence Copper can take a Ray Lewis hit, but Lebron would be sent "home crying to his momma?" You're saying that a rookie running back at 6'0 and 200 pounds can take hits that Lebron can't, because he played three years of college football? He's played 36 games of football more than Lebron, and all-state WR in high school did. Okay, soo Lebron's minutes with Dwight Howard banging on him, the hard fouls, the Olympics, the practices...none of that counts? for anything? DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

The hate.

has gone.

too far.

Not very good logic here. You're saying that just because he's big he can take hits. That's pretty faulty.

Football players are extremely conditioned to take hits. We're talking about men who have been banging their bodies around since high school at the least.

What happens when a football players misses most of TC due to injury? Typically they come back their first game and get banged up all over again because they weren't conditioned to take the punishment.

I don't care how big James is. He's missed YEARS of football conditioning. You can't just go out there with one TC and expect to be ready to play with the pros.

Another important piece being overlooked is the fact that most of these guys know how to get hit. They know how to shield their bodies and they know how to fall. Lebron doesn't know how to get hit.

There is no way of telling what his reaction would be if he got hit going over the middle.

Does LeBron even know how to carry a football?

Rausch
10-13-2011, 11:47 AM

He is three inches taller and thirty pounds heavier, faster, and more athletic than Tony Gonzalez.

Lebron James is one of, if not THE, most amazing athletic specimen in the world. His combination of size, speed, strength, and agility is unparalleled.

The hate.

has gone.

too far.

I don't doubt his talent.

Much less talented BB players have made the transition.

My argument is that with nearly no football experience he wouldn't be able to both learn the game as well as be healthy.

Taking the best pitcher in MLB and asking him to play QB won't work either...

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 01:25 PM

The hate.

has gone.

too far.

I like this n00b

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 01:26 PM
football conditioning?!?!?!

Hahahaha

I bet LeBron is in better shape than just about any football player in the NFL...football conditioning doesn't even come close to basketball conditioning.

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Conditioning to hits?!?!?

By the way you fucking nimrods...when players "shield" themselves from big hits...it's all INSTINCT

DaKCMan AP
10-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Does LeBron even know how to carry a football?

Dude, he was an all-state WR as a sophomore and was also named Mr. Football in Ohio. It's not like he has zero experience.

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Dude, he was an all-state WR as a sophomore and was also named Mr. Football in Ohio. It's not like he has zero experience.

#2 Mr. Football behind Maurice Clarett lol

Detoxing
10-13-2011, 02:10 PM
football conditioning?!?!?!

Hahahaha

I bet LeBron is in better shape than just about any football player in the NFL...football conditioning doesn't even come close to basketball conditioning.

yeah..because running back and forth on a basketball court is the equivalent of getting hit, right?

I'm not talking about endurance. I'm talking about conditioning. Yes, football players are conditioned to take hits.

If that wasn't an important aspect to a players conditioning then coaches would have these guys run sprints and work in the weight room all fucking day.

HemiEd
10-13-2011, 02:26 PM

whuh?

Demonpenz
10-13-2011, 02:26 PM
yeah..because running back and forth on a basketball court is the equivalent of getting hit, right?

I'm not talking about endurance. I'm talking about conditioning. Yes, football players are conditioned to take hits.

If that wasn't an important aspect to a players conditioning then coaches would have these guys run sprints and work in the weight room all ****ing day.

Like Todd Haley in st joe? gotcha

Joe Seahawk
10-13-2011, 02:30 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cdMPNIgeuoQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cdMPNIgeuoQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 03:12 PM
how did he ever get up from that hit!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!

He isn't conditioned to take hits! He should have broken his whole body!

saphojunkie
10-13-2011, 03:13 PM

If that wasn't an important aspect to a players conditioning then coaches would have these guys run sprints and work in the weight room all ****ing day.

A) Have you ever actually PLAYED basketball? And I don't mean in sixth grade or with the old white dudes at your athletic club. Have you played big boy, grown up, hard foul basketball? It isn't calisthenics. There's real contact. Imagine Dwight Howard fouling you. That's real contact.

B) You're still saying that a rookie running back after his junior year, is "football conditioned." He hasn't played the game in 10 months by the time he steps on the field the first time. Before that, he has played between 36 and 40 games since high school, IF HE NEVER MISSED A GAME. I ask you again...you're saying that the acclimation to contact over those 36 games and three years is so vastly superior to the conditioning of NBA basketball, that this rookie, who weighs 80 pounds less than Lebron, who is not as athletic, who is slower, who is not downfield catching passes, but running the ball in the trenches, this KID is going to be fine in the NFL, but Lebron James has no chance? Do you not see how asinine of a concept that is?

C) Football players are not "conditioned" to take hits. There is no "conditioning" that makes you more durable. You become used to getting hit. If I ram my face into a wall 150 times, guess what? It will hurt just as bad the 151st time. You have some jacked-up sense of human anatomy if you think that bones and muscles become more durable because of trauma. They don't. Go ask your doctor. It's cool, I'll wait.

*waiting.

*Sup, guys? How about that new Whitney show, huh? Sucks.

*Oh you're back? good. What did the doctor say? That you're wildly mistaken with your understanding of how organic tissue responds to repeated trauma, and that "football conditioning" is more about adjusting to the constant aches and pains, learning to ignore them, and above all learn to AVOID trauma by making defenders MISS?

Let me ask this: did you sit around talking about Robert Quinn getting hit so hard he went home and cried to momma? No? How about Greg Little? How about Dez Bryant?

Those guys did NOTHING for a year. and they were all underclassmen, with exactly HOW many more years of "football conditioning" than lebron had? Two? That's all it takes, huh? Freshman and sophomore year of college, then a year of doing nothing, and you're still good to go?

Right on, dynamite theory.

EDIT: ONE MORE POINT. You're theory of "football conditioning" would also lead to the conclusion that this prevents injury. Unless you're whole point is that football players simply are conditioned to ignore the pain of trauma, much moreso than Lebron is. Maybe, but it sure as hell isn't an "across the board" situation. Because, by YOUR RATIONALE, Brodie Croyle is tougher than Lebron James. Yeah. That's right.

Johnny Vegas
10-13-2011, 03:26 PM
I can see it now. 'Bron with the ball jukes the defender but falls to the ground holding his leg hair crying foul.

crossbow
10-13-2011, 06:24 PM
While we are on the subject, can we get Herman Munster to play fullback? You could just hand off to him all day. He has no accelleration but who cares? Just watch him carry people on his back for a score on each 1st and 10. Maybe Grandpa could line up as a receiver and turn into a bat after he cought the ball.

kysirsoze
10-13-2011, 06:49 PM
I can see it now. 'Bron with the ball jukes the defender but falls to the ground holding his leg hair crying foul.

That's right. NFL players never fake injury to benefit their team. /NYGiants

kccrow
10-13-2011, 07:00 PM
First, being a high school standout is a far cry from the NFL. Sometimes being a college standout doesn't guarantee you'll even make it to the NFL or be any good if you do. There are two strikes against any success he would have. Hell, there is a huge difference between college ball and high school ball and the knowledge of the game he would have missed is just as glaring.

Football players do become conditioned to taking hits in the same way martial artists and boxers do. Usually there is some degree of peripheral nerve damage and scarring of tissue associated with excessive bruising that ends up making players more tolerant. Basketball is a far cry from football in terms of the type of contact.

And yes, football players do get used to avoiding contact when they can. Why subject your body to more punishment if you don't have to?

crossbow
10-13-2011, 07:08 PM
A friend of mine was recruited by the Washington Redskins during the old strike year. He was a standout tailback in high school. Almost insta-score. When he played in college he got hammered when he cut the corner and he didn't get too many super long runs. He also peed blood for three days after most games and decided his health wasn't worth the cash. I dunno could just be him, who knows. Anyway he didn't want to find out how hard the pros were gonna hit him.

Bwana
10-13-2011, 07:10 PM
"If" he does go through with it, he is going to get his head taken off.

Count Zarth
10-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Being able to take a hit =/ being a good football player.