PDA

View Full Version : Life Seattle bartender shames wrong man after insult, bad tip

Count Zarth
10-13-2011, 08:11 PM
This is LMAO.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/2011/10/11/seattle-bartender-shames-wrong-man-after-insult-bad-tip/

http://i.imgur.com/ZvvVu.jpg

It all started over the weekend, when Victoria Liss was tending bar at Bimbo’s Cantina in Capitol Hill and a customer stiffed her on her tip. He also insulted her by scrawling this note on the receipt:

“P.S. You could stand to loose (sic) a few pounds.”

That prompted the outspoken Liss to post a picture of the receipt on her Facebook page. She posted the customer’s name, Andrew Meyer. Soon, an enraged mob was scouring the Internet for the man Liss called “yuppie scum,” and a picture and Facebook page was found, posted and reposted.

The story made its way to the Seattle Weekly, Stranger, Gawker and Jezebel, hitting a nerve with fellow bartenders. There was talk of “waiter rage,” “wanted posters” and enlisting techie friends to help unload “haterade” on the “douche.” Angry messages were sent to the man, depicted as the cheapest, meanest customer ever to have stepped foot in a bar.

Except there was one problem. It was the wrong Andrew Meyer.

On Monday, Liss posted an apology.

“I need glasses, I put up the picture of the wrong guy,” she wrote. “I’m a douche for that. SO SORRY. Blinded by rage.”

The wrong Andrew Meyer turned out to be a man from Texas. It was unclear how the mistake occurred or was discovered. Neither Liss nor Meyer immediately responded to a request for comment Tuesday. But other apologies followed.

“Our most sincere apologies to the Mr. Meyer pictured earlier,” wrote the Weekly.

“You’re probably a very nice individual who doesn’t deserve any of the crap you’ve received.”

BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE!

http://lineout.thestranger.com/lineout/archives/2011/10/10/victoria-liss-vs-the-receipt-creep-capitol-hill-debacle

Over the weekend while bar tending at Bimbo's Cantina, Victoria Liss received a less than generous tip after serving a man and woman chips & salsa with guacamole and one double decker pork taco. Not only was the gratuity 0%, the customer added a personal message that has a number of Seattle area service industry workers infuriated. Here's what Victoria had to say:

There's been some buzz the past couple of days about a receipt that you received while working at Bimbo's. What is your position there?

I usually am a cocktail waitress at Cha Cha, so I am used to off-the-cuff comments at work. However, this week I was filling in for my friend Al who bar tends at Bimbo's Cantina above Cha Cha every Friday. Al went camping in Croatia. Al just won employee of the month, and I was more than happy to cover the shift until...

When did the incident happen?

Friday, sometime after 10 pm.

What exactly was written on the receipt?

An "0" written in the tip line and the "P.S. You could stand to loose [sic] a few pounds" added just to boost my self esteem.

Can you recall the events that may have led this person to behave this way?

There are two things that led him to behave like that in my mind. He came in and I was, though I regret it now, very nice to him. Also, he ordered a taco and I recommended he get a double decker (he wasn't drunk and I knew a taco wrapped in a bean taco would keep him undrunk). His lady friend called it "carb hell" so apparently it was a very offensive menu suggestion. He was dressed like "Boy" from Little Monsters with Fred Savage. I remember thinking when she put her gold Kate Spade purse on the bar, "I'm fucked."

After the word of the incident spread so quickly, what else has happened?

Um, I found a picture of him, I found his phone number I think, I have just gotten a lot of commiseration from my fellow Capitol Hill service workers who see this shit from the newer yuppie crowd all the time. When you know you're gonna be a total dick lick, DON'T GIVE THE BARTENDER YOUR CREDIT CARD. We live in a social networking hub, don't shit where you eat.

Do you feel like this situation has gotten out of hand or everything is deserved so far?

I think that aside from a few accidental emails to another guy with the same name, no. I have the biggest tits on the hill since Lindy West moved. Calling me fat is an amateur move. This guy is a bully. One of Lisa Dank's friends complained that everyone was jumping down this guy's throat and being mean just like they were to his friend. Um, Lisa Dank stole a dog, and this guy harassed a bartender. If you are an asshole, you better delete your Facebook or change your name.

Have you received any response from the person?

Honestly, after posting photos of him and his love letter, I worked all weekend and have a pretty full in box. I do have some messages from guys with the same name who are mad, so sorry to all of the sweet [people out there with the same name].

Victoria believes she has located the customer in question on Facebook. I've contacted him to get his side of the story, but he has yet to respond.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=594199835

http://i.imgur.com/EYLxy.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/9623_146384174835_594199835_2475355_5139130_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/35729_405926049835_594199835_4192817_6274965_n.jpg

http://hphotos-sea1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/197253_10150121100249836_594199835_6264019_3495871_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/13868_186710259835_594199835_2787948_3913313_n.jpg

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 08:15 PM
what a waste of a thread...I read the whole thing and at no point did I laugh.

notorious
10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
..... a few pounds?..........

Rudy lost the toss
10-13-2011, 08:18 PM
gross

Bambi
10-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Posted all over the internet 4 days ago.

Come'on bra

DeezNutz
10-13-2011, 08:32 PM
She should be fired for disseminating that picture, with the possibility of legal action.

Count Zarth
10-13-2011, 08:33 PM
I would fly all the way to Seattle just to tip this bitch 2 cents.

KCUnited
10-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes. /BmoreBills

Slainte
10-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Way funnier than the Nazi Olympics of '68...

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure if that insult was necessary, though.

What an asshole. You shouldn't be telling girls they are fat (in person), ever. (If you want to be an asshole online, go for it...)

Especially one who is working and trying to at least be a productive member of society...if you want to think those things, or leave a shitty tip because you're an asshole...go for it...write that 0 and move on with your life...you don't have to add an insult just for the hell of it...even if you got terrible service...

Shit, go ahead and add "bad service" at the end if you want...you don't have to make it personal. Shit's weak.

lostcause
10-13-2011, 08:52 PM
If you are a poor tipper then the wrath of god and the internet should fall upon your head. There should be more opportunities for people like this women to call this guy out in a public forum without risk of losing her job. He's a douche bag that other servers or bartenders shouldn't have to waste their time waiting on for no income. Fuck him.

Count Zarth
10-13-2011, 08:57 PM
If you are a poor tipper then the wrath of god and the internet should fall upon your head. There should be more opportunities for people like this women to call this guy out in a public forum without risk of losing her job. He's a douche bag that other servers or bartenders shouldn't have to waste their time waiting on for no income. Fuck him.

Yeah man, no chance that she provided shitty service or anything.

lostcause
10-13-2011, 08:59 PM

doubtful, there are a lot of people out there who leave awful tips on good service.

jspchief
10-13-2011, 09:05 PM
doubtful, there are a lot of people out there who leave awful tips on good service.There's also a lot of shitty service that still gets tipped.

Tombstone RJ
10-13-2011, 09:12 PM
..... a few pounds?..........

lol, seriously she needs to lose more than a few.

Chocolate Hog
10-13-2011, 09:16 PM

Thing is you would fuck her after she went into her hostess induced coma.

Tombstone RJ
10-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Thing is you would **** her after she went into her hostess induced coma.

hehehe... love your avy name too...

Tombstone RJ
10-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I bet she's about 5'4" and a buck eight-five... big boobs my ass, more like big attitude.

kysirsoze
10-13-2011, 09:33 PM

No service is shitty enough to put that little note at the bottom. What a dickhead.

Seriously though, it's called exercise.

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 09:45 PM

billay...

I can go to a bar and get a girl pretty much whenever I want...

I know you'd take anything you could get (as long as she has her own place because you don't want to take her back home to mom and dad)...but don't be jealous of me because you'd fuck a fatty if she showed any interest (she wouldn't) and I get to have sex with hot girls..

It's not my fault I'm in shape and I have tremendous wit and can talk to girls...don't blame me that I pay my rent and am an actual adult.

I'm sorry that your insecurity has led to you being unemployed and living with mom and dad well into your 20s...be comfortable in your own skin, bro. And if you aren't...PM Clay...he used to be just like you (weight wise) and he went on a killer diet and lost some weight and now he's a good looking dude (still a creepy nerd, but at least he has some self confidence)...

Seriously...I bet he'd help you. Good luck. And getting a job on Craigslist isn't that hard...America is all about grit these days...not about qualification. If you have a little grit and are willing to do the work, you'll get hired...and living away from mom and dad before you're 30!

QuikSsurfer
10-13-2011, 09:53 PM

This

Just another stupid bitch.

rtmike
10-13-2011, 09:55 PM
I bet she's about 5'4" and a buck eight-five... big boobs my ass, more like big attitude.

Close...from her Facebook page.

Dude she wasn't even that fat! She was 5' 6" and 200! I'm 5' 4" and 203!

Rain Man
10-13-2011, 10:02 PM
I've had terrible waitresses in the past who probably didn't know or didn't care and expected a good tip. Like jfk, we'll never know the real truth.

listopencil
10-13-2011, 10:26 PM
1) I'm never rude to people in Customer Service unless they really deserve it. I think it's chickenshit to be mean to people when it's their job to take care of you. Go talk crap/be a dick to someone who is free to defend themselves, stop being a pussy.

2) Yeah, she's fat.

kysirsoze
10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
1) I'm never rude to people in Customer Service unless they really deserve it. I think it's chickenshit to be mean to people when it's their job to take care of you. Go talk crap/be a dick to someone who is free to defend themselves, stop being a pussy.

2) Yeah, she's fat.

THIS. So many douchebags I've waited on in my serving days wouldn't have had the balls to say anything to me on the street or at a bar. Not that I'm some kind of badass...I'm not. Just that it takes a total pussy to fuck with service staff.

The reverse is true about hitting on people in customer service. 99% of the time they are just being nice to you for a tip. A little flirting is one thing, but I've had to take tables over for girls that are so creeped out by some dude hitting on them too much and not taking hints.

Rain Man
10-13-2011, 10:34 PM
2) Yeah, she's fat.

It does seem like she could stand to lose a few pounds.

-King-
10-13-2011, 10:55 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=594199835&sk=wall

-King-
10-13-2011, 10:57 PM
billay...

I know you'd take anything you could get (as long as she has her own place because you don't want to take her back home to mom and dad)...but don't be jealous of me because you'd fuck a fatty if she showed any interest (she wouldn't) and I get to have sex with hot girls..

It's not my fault I'm in shape and I have tremendous wit and can talk to girls...don't blame me that I pay my rent and am an actual adult.

I'm sorry that your insecurity has led to you being unemployed and living with mom and dad well into your 20s...be comfortable in your own skin, bro. And if you aren't...PM Clay...he used to be just like you (weight wise) and he went on a killer diet and lost some weight and now he's a good looking dude (still a creepy nerd, but at least he has some self confidence)...

Seriously...I bet he'd help you. Good luck. And getting a job on Craigslist isn't that hard...America is all about grit these days...not about qualification. If you have a little grit and are willing to do the work, you'll get hired...and living away from mom and dad before you're 30!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

doomy3
10-13-2011, 11:05 PM
billay...

I know you'd take anything you could get (as long as she has her own place because you don't want to take her back home to mom and dad)...but don't be jealous of me because you'd **** a fatty if she showed any interest (she wouldn't) and I get to have sex with hot girls..

NO
BIG
DEAL

Sure-Oz
10-13-2011, 11:30 PM
She could use a new face too damn

Setsuna
10-13-2011, 11:37 PM
billay...

I know you'd take anything you could get (as long as she has her own place because you don't want to take her back home to mom and dad)...but don't be jealous of me because you'd **** a fatty if she showed any interest (she wouldn't) and I get to have sex with hot girls..

LOL. Insecure much. You need to get over yourself or have some deep meaningful conversations with those "hot" girls you can get anytime you want. Maybe you'll find yourself and stop whining like a little biatch when someone makes a joke. Andif he wasn't joking, get over it. I bet you cry after your 3 minutes of sex. So pathetic.

Short Leash Hootie
10-13-2011, 11:47 PM
LOL. Insecure much. You need to get over yourself or have some deep meaningful conversations with those "hot" girls you can get anytime you want. Maybe you'll find yourself and stop whining like a little biatch when someone makes a joke. Andif he wasn't joking, get over it. I bet you cry after your 3 minutes of sex. So pathetic.

Ok Sep 2011, wake me up when you're allowed to have an opinion.

Phobia
10-14-2011, 12:04 AM
When I spent a month at ENDelt's in Scottsdale, he tipped a waitress who looked just like that gal. Tipped her at 2:00 AM, 2:04, 2:30, and again at 3:00.

Chocolate Hog
10-14-2011, 12:05 AM
billay...

Just because some barfly begged you to fuck her into a vegetable doesn't mean you have swag with the women busboy.

Count Zarth
10-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Hootie must show us the bar skanks he has been swording now.

He had some erectile dysfunction last I heard.

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Just because some barfly begged you to **** her into a vegetable doesn't mean you have swag with the women busboy.

anytime you want to publicly compare pay stubs, you just let me know...

(do you even have a pay stub? When was the last time you were even working?)

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Hootie must show us the bar skanks he has been swording now.

He had some erectile dysfunction last I heard.

This was the summer of The Meat Dragon...I had a great going away summer, that's for sure.

Chocolate Hog
10-14-2011, 02:48 AM
anytime you want to publicly compare pay stubs, you just let me know...

(do you even have a pay stub? When was the last time you were even working?)

You're fucking John Stamos of the internet.

Chocolate Hog
10-14-2011, 02:49 AM
This was the summer of The Meat Dragon...I had a great going away summer, that's for sure.

Yea getting your dickwet on Craigslist.

Bob Dole
10-14-2011, 05:54 AM
When I spent a month at ENDelt's in Scottsdale, he tipped a waitress who looked just like that gal. Tipped her at 2:00 AM, 2:04, 2:30, and again at 3:00.

Was the tip, "You could stand to lose a little weight"?

bevischief
10-14-2011, 05:58 AM
lol, seriously she needs to lose more than a few.

this.

Gonzo
10-14-2011, 06:23 AM

Oh shit, that's right. You moved to DFW, huh?
Hootie, I hate to tell you this but you have to invoke the Texas bar-chick handicap...

Girls in DFW are pretty stupid. Hell, ask Clay. Picking up one of them is the equivalent of picking up a hot retard anywhere else. By the time a Texas girl says, "I'm not that kinda girl" they are that kinda girl, you know?
You may have game but it's like a pro MLB team playing in the Special Olympics.
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan
10-14-2011, 07:20 AM
There's also a lot of shitty service that still gets tipped.

by idiots

Bwana
10-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Heh, this thread has it all. A customer that went a little over the top, a stalker ditch pig and as a bonus, it would seem Rico Suave dropped by for a few posts.

mesmith31
10-14-2011, 08:31 AM
There is a gal on Twitter who is pretty funny @ShittyWaitress

Omaha
10-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Was the tip, "You could stand to lose a little weight"?

It seems like that tip was nuts on. That pig is a mess...

Brock
10-14-2011, 08:32 AM
There's a gal gochiefs would have a shot at.

Omaha
10-14-2011, 08:38 AM

If only there were away to find out if dudes on CP would fuck that fat little troll.... Oh, I know!

Count Zarth
10-14-2011, 08:41 AM
There's a gal gochiefs would have a shot at.

LMAO

I'd sooner travel through time and cock block myself on the night I lost my virginity.

Omaha
10-14-2011, 09:18 AM
After further consideration, I like this guy's move even more. The advice, although not well received, was great advice. Also, it seem clear that, if he'd given her a monetary tip, she'd have just blown it on Big Macs & alcohol. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

Cave Johnson
10-14-2011, 09:59 AM
There's a great new crepe place in town with the shittiest service. Forgotten drink orders, taking 5-10 minutes to get to us (in a small restaurant), asking us 3 times how the food is.

F**k being overly friendly/gay, just be efficient.

After further consideration, I like this guy's move even more. The advice, although not well received, was great advice. Also, it seem clear that, if he'd given her a monetary tip, she'd have just blown it on Big Macs & alcohol. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

In addition to being gauche, that guy should learn how to spell "lose". No one looks good in this exchange.

Pestilence
10-14-2011, 10:01 AM
The new Hootie is fucking awesome.

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Yea getting your dickwet on Craigslist.

If you're referring to this ad I posted a few weeks ago...this was just funny. Again, wit. I can't help it.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/m4w/2621305132.html

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Oh shit, that's right. You moved to DFW, huh?
Hootie, I hate to tell you this but you have to invoke the Texas bar-chick handicap...

Girls in DFW are pretty stupid. Hell, ask Clay. Picking up one of them is the equivalent of picking up a hot retard anywhere else. By the time a Texas girl says, "I'm not that kinda girl" they are that kinda girl, you know?
You may have game but it's like a pro MLB team playing in the Special Olympics.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hear there is a real high girl to guy ratio down here...I can't wait. I haven't been able to go out much...too much work. Not a set schedule yet, and still getting everything in order.

Shit, I haven't had a beer on a Sunday for 3 weeks now...in Champaign, I was so blacked out every Sunday I forgot Sunday Night Football even existed last year.

Count Zarth
10-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I hear there is a real high girl to guy ratio down here...I can't wait. I haven't been able to go out much...too much work. Not a set schedule yet, and still getting everything in order.

Shit, I haven't had a beer on a Sunday for 3 weeks now...in Champaign, I was so blacked out every Sunday I forgot Sunday Night Football even existed last year.

Dallas is filled with horny baptist girls just waiting to get drunk and shame their upbringing.

jspchief
10-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Gah. I might have withheld a tip just because of her resemblance to Roseanne Barr.

Earthling
10-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Heh, this thread has it all. A customer that went a little over the top, a stalker ditch pig and as a bonus, it would seem Rico Suave dropped by for a few posts.

And don't forget the missing Lady West who, by some accounts, had the biggest hooters of all...:D

jspchief
10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Fat tits =/= big tits

DJ's left nut
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Must...find...waitress....call her fat....pay in cash.

Sofa King
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
The guy was actually being pretty generous when he said she only needed to lose a "few" pounds.

Chocolate Hog
10-14-2011, 01:33 PM
If you're referring to this ad I posted a few weeks ago...this was just funny. Again, wit. I can't help it.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/m4w/2621305132.html

That is pretty awesome. I made an ad offering free paps smears to college aged chicks of course they removed it within 24 hrs.

Slainte
10-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Can't help but be curious about Al, he who is off camping in Croatia, after winning Bartender-of-the-Month.

Bimbo's must be a kick-ass financial windfall for drink-sloppers in Wash. state...

jspchief
10-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Bimbo's must be a kick-ass financial windfall for drink-sloppers in Wash. state...
If thats the place in the photos, it looks like a gay bar full of f@g hags.

And Al is probably playing Croatian deliverance.

el borracho
10-14-2011, 06:44 PM
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=cow+tipping&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=561&tbm=isch&tbnid=Hz-qUqnQ4K_9EM:&imgrefurl=http://theleaningcow.com/emoos/&docid=fSQEf8xDffLJ6M&imgurl=http://theleaningcow.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/cowtippingudderchaos_fullpic_1.jpg&w=508&h=408&ei=PdeYTvOlJYH-iQK4paG0DQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=261&vpy=246&dur=1274&hovh=201&hovw=251&tx=120&ty=151&sig=110101064038533883027&page=3&tbnh=165&tbnw=205&start=17&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:17

el borracho
10-14-2011, 06:45 PM
http://theleaningcow.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/cowtippingudderchaos_fullpic_1.jpg

Setsuna
10-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Ok Sep 2011, wake me up when you're allowed to have an opinion.

:clap:

88TG88
10-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Im surprised she has any facebook friends. I wouldnt want to advertise that I know her.

Chocolate Hog
10-15-2011, 01:01 AM
I sent her a message " You are fucking gross"

Saccopoo
10-15-2011, 01:35 AM
billay...

Wow. The level of irony and hypocrisy in this is near world shattering dimensions.

What happened? Did you finally take Hamas' words about maturing to heart and now you are all growed up dispensing your own newfound mantra about being an upstanding, contributing member of society?

I mean, how long did you suckle at the parental teet before getting a real job - if you finally have one? Who paid for you staying in school well into your mid/late-20's?

And are you saying that you can now get laid without getting a chick to sniff your finger that you just shoved up your own ass or getting her so drunk that she just can't say no?

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 01:47 AM
I mean, how long did you suckle at the parental teet before getting a real job - if you finally have one? Who paid for you staying in school well into your mid/late-20's?

Answer: 18

have paid every bill, every cent of rent, and every penny of my 1 arrest (lol) by myself

I take great pride in not asking for anything from my dad (he's a great dad)...but due to certain circumstances involving over-privileged step-siblings and my sisters running into certain issues along the way of a complicated life between divorced parents, I decided I'd have more respect for myself if I did things on my own as opposed to getting a free ride through high school and college without a job.

I've held a job at all times since I was 16...I moved to Dallas less than a month ago and got a job in less than a week.

Anything else? I've been a productive member of society (unless I'm blacked out drunk) since the day I turned 18.

Asshole.

Count Zarth
10-15-2011, 03:17 AM
HOOTIE: DEAD BY 30

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 04:09 AM
HOOTIE: DEAD BY 30

probably a good prediction

griZZly64
10-15-2011, 05:05 AM
sadly the dude was correct.. but stiffing your bartender.. smh. Dont go out if you cant afford it you fuckin scum

griZZly64
10-15-2011, 05:11 AM
billay...

Man you are a giant douche. Rule #1: If dude says he slays hot girls, hes not.

All you need is grit to get a job? Made me laugh. This is the age of the shister. Hard work doesn't get you anywhere anymore.

Dave Lane
10-15-2011, 08:50 AM
I sent her a message " You are ****ing gross"

Did you send her your flex pic? The one with the dildo? She might go for it