PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Crazy Madden 2011 Bug on XBox

wazu
10-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Apparently you can be completely offsides, to the point you are standing right on the QB, but as long as you don't touch any opposing players prior to the snap, they won't call it. Watching my oldest son murder the other team on All Madden level right now. Anybody seen this? Couldn't find any info on it by Googling.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-14-2011, 09:06 AM
it dont work for me

wazu
10-14-2011, 09:10 AM
it dont work for me

You using 2011 or 2012?

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 11:00 AM
yeah, if he turned off offsides

otherwise, you can stand offsides all you want and they won't call "unimpeded to the QB" or anything, but as soon as the other team snaps the ball they'll flag the player for being offsides.

Nightfyre
10-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Quick question for the franchise mode players out there -

Has anyone nailed down a good scouting system in franchise mode yet? It's pretty much a crapshoot, imo (not unlike the real draft, i guess.) But it seems difficult to establish "scouting superiority."

WhitiE
10-14-2011, 11:27 AM
When u start have control over four teams and trade all their top picks to you. Works like a charm

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Quick question for the franchise mode players out there -

Has anyone nailed down a good scouting system in franchise mode yet? It's pretty much a crapshoot, imo (not unlike the real draft, i guess.) But it seems difficult to establish "scouting superiority."

I hate the god damn scouting feature...

It's just too much...they went from not enough, to flat out TOO much...the scouting shit is so tacky anyways...

they did ok with some of the stuff, but the franchise mode still sucks asshole...and still isn't as revolutionary as what they did back in 04 or 05...

it still blows ass

PGM
10-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Sounds REAL fun to me!!

wazu
10-14-2011, 12:41 PM
yeah, if he turned off offsides

otherwise, you can stand offsides all you want and they won't call "unimpeded to the QB" or anything, but as soon as the other team snaps the ball they'll flag the player for being offsides.

Hmmmm...this must be what he did. He claims it was just something he discovered by accident.

lcarus
10-14-2011, 01:48 PM
I hate the god damn scouting feature...

It's just too much...they went from not enough, to flat out TOO much...the scouting shit is so tacky anyways...

they did ok with some of the stuff, but the franchise mode still sucks asshole...and still isn't as revolutionary as what they did back in 04 or 05...

it still blows ass

Ya know what the most mind-blowingly retarded part of Madden 12 is? The ****ing free agency "bidding". You have 1 minute and counting to sign any and all free agents you could possibly need for next season. Just what I need...to get into a mini Ebay bidding war with San Francisco for a backup QB. Ah SHIT they outbid me with 2 seconds. Didn't see that coming. Guess I'll have to stick with that made-up free agent QB with a 36 rating and a photo that looks like a 32 year old accountant that plays too much World of Warcraft and eats too many Starburst jelly beans in his spare time. **** this game. Whoever thought that would be a good idea for free agency in off-season mode should be killed but not before he has to watch his children get eaten by meth-crazed coyotes.

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Hmmmm...this must be what he did. He claims it was just something he discovered by accident.

there's a chance there is a glitch on his game, or your game...but I used to try and predict the snap count online in 11 all of the time and constantly jumped offsides...even to the point that if I was drunk enough after your 4th offsides you get kicked out of the game and automatically lose when you play online...that used to really piss me off.

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Ya know what the most mind-blowingly retarded part of Madden 12 is? The ****ing free agency "bidding". You have 1 minute and counting to sign any and all free agents you could possibly need for next season. Just what I need...to get into a mini Ebay bidding war with San Francisco for a backup QB. Ah SHIT they outbid me with 2 seconds. Didn't see that coming. Guess I'll have to stick with that made-up free agent QB with a 36 rating and a photo that looks like a 32 year old accountant that plays too much World of Warcraft and eats too many Starburst jelly beans in his spare time. **** this game. Whoever thought that would be a good idea for free agency in off-season mode should be killed but not before he has to watch his children get eaten by meth-crazed coyotes.

Yeah...or when I try trading up to get the #1 pick when I have the #3 and #10...offer it, get declined...but they'll trade the #1 pick for the #8 pick and a 3rd rounder no problem...

new features, same old shit for the franchise mode...

and in all honesty, the game play isn't nearly as good as it was in '11...

this is the first Madden I've been disappointed with since the switch from the Xbox to the 360...

I still have fun playing online and appreciate the fact they give you a win when the other piece of shit player quits...and there was something else I liked a little bit (oh yeah, when you team play they don't give you the weird ass camera angle anymore, they give you the 1st person camera you're used to playing with...)

but yeah...fuck all of these new "franchise" mode options...with the in-season scouting being the worse...

and the fact that you can take a guy with C potential...get him 1900 receiving yards and 19 TDs...and he won't progress based off of stats but by some sort of algorithm the game has already decided blows my mind...

what happened to players progressing based off of team success and individual success? That was cool...this new "potential" shit is not cool...

if you don't land a guy with A potential he's fucking worthlss.

wazu
10-14-2011, 02:01 PM
there's a chance there is a glitch on his game, or your game...but I used to try and predict the snap count online in 11 all of the time and constantly jumped offsides...even to the point that if I was drunk enough after your 4th offsides you get kicked out of the game and automatically lose when you play online...that used to really piss me off.

Looks like somehow all penalties got set to zero. Weird because neither he nor I even knew you could do that.

lcarus
10-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Yeah...or when I try trading up to get the #1 pick when I have the #3 and #10...offer it, get declined...but they'll trade the #1 pick for the #8 pick and a 3rd rounder no problem...

new features, same old shit for the franchise mode...

and in all honesty, the game play isn't nearly as good as it was in '11...

this is the first Madden I've been disappointed with since the switch from the Xbox to the 360...

I still have fun playing online and appreciate the fact they give you a win when the other piece of shit player quits...and there was something else I liked a little bit (oh yeah, when you team play they don't give you the weird ass camera angle anymore, they give you the 1st person camera you're used to playing with...)

but yeah...**** all of these new "franchise" mode options...with the in-season scouting being the worse...

and the fact that you can take a guy with C potential...get him 1900 receiving yards and 19 TDs...and he won't progress based off of stats but by some sort of algorithm the game has already decided blows my mind...

what happened to players progressing based off of team success and individual success? That was cool...this new "potential" shit is not cool...

if you don't land a guy with A potential he's ****ing worthlss.

Yeah nothing beats drafting a 4th round LB with pretty good looking "stats" like speed and block shedding, then you draft him and he's like rated a ****ing 58 with a D potential.

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Looks like somehow all penalties got set to zero. Weird because neither he nor I even knew you could do that.

my friends little brother used to turn penalties off but what happened (and this was like NCAA 05) was you couldn't jump offsides...but there would be an invisible wall at the LOS so your defensive player would be like running against it full speed...and as soon as the computer snapped the ball your guy was off and running full speed to the QB with a perfect jump on the snap...he'd win like 200-0 every game and somehow he had a blast doing it...

Short Leash Hootie
10-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah nothing beats drafting a 4th round LB with pretty good looking "stats" like speed and block shedding, then you draft him and he's like rated a ****ing 58 with a D potential.

I mastered the '11 draft...

you didn't want top 20 picks...you wanted like 10 3rd round picks...all the best players were all "hidden"...you'd just scroll through their "potential" thing...and you'd find 85 rated guys with a 7th round draft grade named like "Patrick Chewing" (I kid you not)...and you could draft them in the 4th and sign them to 7 year deals with $0 signing bonus...

I could find an A potential QB, RB and WR (as well as any safety or linebacker) already rated high in every draft in the 4th-7th round...

the only thing I could never figure out were DB's...I'd use my same trick and they'd always end up being terrible...

but yeah...you'd draft the "#1" QB #1 overall...pay him $55M guaranteed and he'd be a 78 overall with B potential...

yet you could take that 4th rounder with the huge potential bubble and he'd be an 81 overall with A potential with a 7 year contract with $0 guaranteed...

that game was glitchy as hell but at least it didn't make you do all of that in game scouting...

oooh whooppeee we can unrealistically trade next years draft picks now! yay!

I won't be doing much franchise this year...I don't have much time as it is...I spend the time I do have for video games playing online...so much more fun.

SnakeXJones
10-14-2011, 02:24 PM
There is a cheat sheet out there for the drafts and the trading system needs work still I can Pick up owens and still trade him for a second rounder

lcarus
10-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I mastered the '11 draft...

you didn't want top 20 picks...you wanted like 10 3rd round picks...all the best players were all "hidden"...you'd just scroll through their "potential" thing...and you'd find 85 rated guys with a 7th round draft grade named like "Patrick Chewing" (I kid you not)...and you could draft them in the 4th and sign them to 7 year deals with $0 signing bonus...

I could find an A potential QB, RB and WR (as well as any safety or linebacker) already rated high in every draft in the 4th-7th round...

the only thing I could never figure out were DB's...I'd use my same trick and they'd always end up being terrible...

but yeah...you'd draft the "#1" QB #1 overall...pay him $55M guaranteed and he'd be a 78 overall with B potential...

yet you could take that 4th rounder with the huge potential bubble and he'd be an 81 overall with A potential with a 7 year contract with $0 guaranteed...

that game was glitchy as hell but at least it didn't make you do all of that in game scouting...

oooh whooppeee we can unrealistically trade next years draft picks now! yay!

I won't be doing much franchise this year...I don't have much time as it is...I spend the time I do have for video games playing online...so much more fun.

Yeah they made it in 11 where you could actually find talent in mid to low rounds. Now I haven't seen that. That's Madden in a nutshell. For every good thing they add (that took them 6 years to wake up and finally add) they take away 2 or 3 great things from previous installments.

Nightfyre
10-14-2011, 03:24 PM
You can find talent in mid to low rounds in madden 12. The potential bar was way too easy of a system.

lcarus
10-14-2011, 03:26 PM
You can find talent in mid to low rounds in madden 12.

What I meant was that it's more of a crapshoot than before. In 11, you had a decent idea of what you were getting beforehand. Now it's just like every single draft pick is randomly generated no matter what. Also...sometimes my draft picks will disappear from my roster. I have everything set to USER and I'm signing them and not cutting them during preseason. So where the F do they go? Ah...there they are in the free agent pool. Well turns out they sucked anyway. Let Denver sign him.

Demonpenz
10-14-2011, 10:26 PM
whole things sounds like a rolling sack of dicks. NBA2k12.

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 01:35 AM
I also don't like the cut days and shit and them randomly filling my roster with 30 fucking terrible players that never pan out as anything other than clusterfucking my roster...

I understand the "attempt" at making things more real but in reality they just made everything take so much longer with absolutely ZERO payoff just a ton of annoyance.

JUST BRING BACK FUCKING TRAINING CAMP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND GET RID OF THIS NONSENSE.

Douche Baggins
10-15-2011, 04:29 AM
*plays Madden 2008 with perfect offseason and training camp*

Kyle DeLexus
10-15-2011, 05:58 AM
I also don't like the cut days and shit and them randomly filling my roster with 30 fucking terrible players that never pan out as anything other than clusterfucking my roster...

I understand the "attempt" at making things more real but in reality they just made everything take so much longer with absolutely ZERO payoff just a ton of annoyance.

JUST BRING BACK FUCKING TRAINING CAMP FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND GET RID OF THIS NONSENSE.

I thought cut days would be pretty cool and that your players ratings could actually change depending on how they played in the preseason so you could find your "diamond in the rough" players. Everything is preset already if you look at your roster it has all the final ratings so there is still no point in actually playing preseason games.

And the draft day trading still sucks like you said. The entire trading system is terrible, you can pretty much get whatever you want from any team for your 1st round pick before the trade deadline, but after the season before the draft you can't trade up no matter what you package together.

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 12:22 PM
*plays Madden 2008 with perfect offseason and training camp*

Madden 2008 gameplay has been totally inferior to the next gen Madden since 2010...

so congratulations

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 12:22 PM
and GoChiefs if you want me to plug my controller back into my PC and beat the shit out of you in 08 so you quit in the 1st quarter like the good old days let me know

Douche Baggins
10-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Madden 2008 gameplay has been totally inferior to the next gen Madden since 2010...

so congratulations

Really? Well, I'll still enjoy the more realistic franchise mode and complete lack of retarded glitches in the on the field gameplay.

lcarus
10-15-2011, 02:32 PM
I feel like the Maddens went to complete shit since PS3 and 360 came out. 2009 and 2010 were dogshit, 2011 was a little better, and 2012 I just don't really know yet. It's ok I guess. Its just kind of hard to go back to 2008 at this point. Madden really just needs competition again. I never liked that overrated hunk of shit that everyone puts on a golden pedestal NFL 2k5. But since EA got the exclusive license they don't give half a shit anymore.

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Really? Well, I'll still enjoy the more realistic franchise mode and complete lack of retarded glitches in the on the field gameplay.

dude I can glitch the fuck out of that game...I can glitch the DL, I can quick pass glitch like crazy...you're on crack

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I agree that the next gen 2008 and 2009 were shit...

2010 was a great game, 2011 was FANTASTIC (the pre-snap audible change was unbelievable)...2012 is a step back (to me) from 2011 (which is always an epic failure)

SnakeXJones
10-15-2011, 04:01 PM
I loved Madden 11 played it all the time but this version I always ending up redoing a franchise mode or turning it off cause of stupid shit

Douche Baggins
10-15-2011, 07:54 PM
dude I can glitch the fuck out of that game...I can glitch the DL, I can quick pass glitch like crazy...you're on crack

Not if you have your sliders set correctly.

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Not if you have your sliders set correctly.

I take what you say about that game with a GIGANTIC grain of salt...you once told me you were "awesome" etc... and we played twice and you quit down 3 scores in the 1st quarter both times...and blamed the "lag" that you had on your side but somehow I didn't have on my side...

Set the sliders correctly? What? I can glitch the fuck out of the OL in that game running 2 man under and getting a filthy pass rush...it's a definite form of cheesing...just like when I audible out of my scary sweep in a two TE set motioning TG out wide and then snapping and throwing a high bullet right away to him that is indefensible...

so yeah

you're dumb

HoneyBadger
10-16-2011, 12:18 AM
You know you can just google the ratings for players your trying to scout. Then you have perfect drafts.

Short Leash Hootie
10-16-2011, 09:38 AM
You know you can just google the ratings for players your trying to scout. Then you have perfect drafts.

for how many years?

PGM
10-16-2011, 09:57 AM

That sounds pretty lame. Might as well play on Rookie while you are at it.

HoneyBadger
10-16-2011, 11:37 AM
for how many years?

I found one for Madden 11 that has every draft for each year in franchise.

SnakeXJones
10-16-2011, 03:40 PM
I found one for Madden 11 that has every draft for each year in franchise. The drafts are random u could save it at the end of pre-season and load them up just keep getting random drafts

HoneyBadger
10-16-2011, 03:41 PM
The drafts are random u could save it at the end of pre-season and load them up just keep getting random drafts

I'm talking about the ratings for each player in the drafts. Not the order of drafts.

SnakeXJones
10-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm talking about the ratings for each player in the drafts. Not the order of drafts.oh my bad lol here is the draft cheat sheet for madden 12 that I use https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B1yLUdZ1flENMWM1MjZjMjQtZDJmOS00OWFkLWFjYWMtZjc1M2RmNDg4Njcx&hl=en_US