PDA

View Full Version : Football Your latest Bill Cowher job rumor

bevischief
10-14-2011, 12:25 PM
our latest Bill Cowher job rumor
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 14, 2011, 12:53 PM EDT
ZO2 Rock Asylum Benefit Concert Getty Images

The NFL season hasn’t really started until a new rumor emerged about Bill Cowher’s possiblyenext job.

From Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: “Latest rumor in Jacksonville: Bill Cowher bought a house in Marsh Landing and will replace Jack Del Rio.”

We debated posting this, but the page you are reading is called the “rumor mill” not the “news mill.” It’s unclear if Dulac has any information, or just heard the rumor second hand.

Dulac wryly notes that we’ve been down this road with Cowher.

“Bill Cowher has been rumored to have bought more houses than Donald Trump,” he writes.

Expect Cowher to deny this rumor in short order. And expect to hear similar rumors about Cowher when jobs are actually available at the end of the season.

If Cowher doesn’t get back in the game soon, it will grow increasingly harder to believe that he’ll ever return.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
WTF I thought Cowher already bought a house here. How many dam houses is he gonna buy?

Scorp
10-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Okay Gang.......

Okie_Apparition
10-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Marsh Landing ROFL
Spitting Bill

Count Alex's Losses
10-14-2011, 12:34 PM
In related news, Bill Cowher has cornered the US real estate market.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Why do people have such a hard-on for him?

Rausch
10-14-2011, 12:54 PM

Because he's easy to like, he wins, and he's better than 75% of the head coaches out there right now...

Okie_Apparition
10-14-2011, 12:56 PM
It took him 15 years to win a super bowl then he quit. Jacksonville doesn't have 15 years before they quit

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-14-2011, 12:58 PM
The sad part is somewhere some slapdick Jags fan is lapping this up as breaking news.

Count Alex's Losses
10-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Because he's easy to like, he wins, and he's better than 75% of the head coaches out there right now...

He's only easy to like if you're a martyball loving mongoloid.

He would come in here and keep things running exactly the way they have been for the last 22 years.

Unless Cowher can bring the Steelers' front office and Ben Roethlisberger with, he ain't winning jack in KC.

Thank Lamar it's never, ever going to happen, because Pioli would never hire a coach who wanted as much control as Cowher.

BoneKrusher
10-14-2011, 12:59 PM
It took him 15 years to win a super bowl then he quit. Jacksonville doesn't have 15 years before they quit

the key words being "to win it". ;)

Count Alex's Losses
10-14-2011, 01:01 PM

The same reasons 90 percent of fans were in love with Gunther until about 2007, plus the deodorant of winning.

Rausch
10-14-2011, 01:05 PM
He's only easy to like if you're a martyball loving mongoloid.

He would come in here and keep things running exactly the way they have been for the last 22 years.

Which is exactly why you know jack $3it about Cowher.

Unless Cowher can bring the Steelers' front office and Ben Roethlisberger with, he ain't winning jack in KC.

Cowher went to multiple AFCC games without Ruthlessrapist.

Cowher was 12-9 in the playoffs with 3 of those losses being to the eventual SB Pats.

I don't know that Marty ever won 12 playoff games with all the teams he coached COMBINED...

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2011, 01:07 PM

Riiiight. He actually went with Cordell Stewart for a QB. Think about that.

Rausch
10-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Riiiight. He actually went with Cordell Stewart for a QB. Think about that.

And WON.

Think about that.

It's the same thing his pet OC (Chan) is doing right now...

Count Alex's Losses
10-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Cowher went to multiple AFCC games without Ruthlessrapist.

Yeah, I don't give a fuck. Marty went to one. He lost because his QB got knocked out. Cowher kept losing them until he got a QB. The one he won before Rapist was because he faced a team without a franchise QB.

Cowher was 12-9 in the playoffs with 3 of those losses being to the eventual SB Pats.

It's not hard to win playoff games when your front office delivers stacked rosters year in and year out.

I don't know that Marty ever won 12 playoff games with all the teams he coached COMBINED...

That's because Marty sucked.

Cowher is a less shitty version of Marty and in this passing league he is just as irrelevant.

For fuck's sake, under his watch they brought in Tommy Maddox to be their long term starter until they backed into the rapist.

Anyway, this conversation is irrelevant because he will NEVER be head coach here. Not in a million years. Do you hear me? You can't have him, EVER. FOREVER. NEVER.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2011, 01:22 PM
And WON.

Think about that.

It's the same thing his pet OC (Chan) is doing right now...

And Won what? They got to the post season and Stewart shits himself.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Cowher is a good HC, but he's never going to repeat that success.

MahiMike
10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Bill Cowher couldn't hold Haley's Jock.

Mojo Jojo
10-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I don't give a ****. Marty went to one. He lost because his QB got knocked out.

No, Marty lost because Derrick Thomas sucked that game and was benched in the 2nd half.

whoman69
10-14-2011, 02:06 PM
I heard he was going to play the Crimson Chin in the Fairly Odd Parents sequel.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2011, 02:17 PM
No, Marty lost because Derrick Thomas sucked that game and was benched in the 2nd half.

Marty lost because that's what Marty does in the post season.

whoman69
10-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Cowher is a good HC, but he's never going to repeat that success.

Nobody ever repeats that success. No coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams.

Reerun_KC
10-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Bill Cowher is BALLSACK!

Saul Good
10-14-2011, 02:54 PM
And Won what? They got to the post season and Stewart shits himself.

They won the AFC Championship.

Nightfyre
10-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Nobody ever repeats that success. No coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams.

However, five coaches have brought two different teams to the Super Bowl. Interesting that none of them have won with both teams though.

BigMeatballDave
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
They won the AFC Championship.

No they didn't.

whoman69
10-14-2011, 04:36 PM
However, five coaches have brought two different teams to the Super Bowl. Interesting that none of them have won with both teams though.

I came up with six.

Shula
Parcelles
Holmgren
Vermeil
Reeves
Gruden

On that list Reeves is the only one that lost with both teams. Shula, Vermeil and Gruden won with their second team.

I think its just too much of a climb for someone to have enough energy to do it within two different systems.

IMO Holmgren does not get in the HOF. He would have had Seattle won.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2011, 04:43 PM
I came up with six.

Shula
Parcelles
Holmgren
Vermeil
Reeves
Gruden

On that list Reeves is the only one that lost with both teams. Shula, Vermeil and Gruden won with their second team.

I think its just too much of a climb for someone to have enough energy to do it within two different systems.

IMO Holmgren does not get in the HOF. He would have had Seattle won.

I dont remember Gruden going to more than 1 super bowl?

TEX
10-14-2011, 04:54 PM

He didn't. He only went to one with Tampa. Ironically they played his old team, the Raiders, that year. Mayby that's why there is some confusion.

listopencil
10-14-2011, 04:55 PM

Gruden brought the Raiders and Bucs to the Superbowl simultaneously.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2011, 05:12 PM
He didn't. He only went to one with Tampa. Ironically they played his old team, the Raiders, that year. Mayby that's why there is some confusion.

Gruden brought the Raiders and Bucs to the Superbowl simultaneously.

I guess Bill Callahan was a ghost?

whoman69
10-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I guess Bill Callahan was a ghost?

I'll take the bad on that one. And yes, Callahan was a ghost.

Psyko Tek
10-14-2011, 11:04 PM
WTF I thought Cowher already bought a house here. How many dam houses is he gonna buy?

hew is looking to rent these houses to the next head coach of all these teams ,
becausae he knows they will all get fired

Rausch
10-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Bill Cowher couldn't hold Haley's Jock.

Get back to me when Haley wins anything...

BigMeatballDave
10-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Get back to me when Haley wins anything...

Did Cowher ever buy the Officials from his SB win anything for gift wrapping the game for him?