PDA

View Full Version : What is Megatron worth?

CanadianChief
10-14-2011, 10:13 PM
I have been offered Bowe and McFadden for Megatron in my keeper league. It's a ppr league where all TD's are 6 pts. My plan was to keep Megatron for a 1st round pick next year so I am leary of accepting this as I don't believe I would keep either Bowe or McFadden (both would also cost me a 1st as well).

My other WRs are V. Jackson and Manningham.

My other RBs are J. Best and Tolbert (only need to start one RB in my league)

If I made the trade my starting lineup would look like this.

E. Manning
McFadden
Bowe
V. Jackson
Hernandez

If I decline it would be...

E. Manning
Best
Megatron
V. Jackson
Hernandez

Is the downgrade from Megatron to Bowe worth the upgrade from Best to McFadden plus losing out on Megatron as a keeper?

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 01:30 AM
you only start 1 RB?

If so, don't do it...

The upgrade from McFadden to best isn't worth the downgrade from Calvin to Bowe.

If you're going to trade Calvin, give Eli and Calvin for Tom Brady and a Bowe-esque receiver.

Eli is the achilles heal of your team.

CanadianChief
10-15-2011, 05:56 AM
you only start 1 RB?

If so, don't do it...

The upgrade from McFadden to best isn't worth the downgrade from Calvin to Bowe.

If you're going to trade Calvin, give Eli and Calvin for Tom Brady and a Bowe-esque receiver.

Eli is the achilles heal of your team.

Yeah we only start one RB. Pretty dumb...I got overruled by the commish when suggesting we go back to 2 RBs.

Thanks for the input. I'll see if anyone is willing to part with at top QB. It's hard because the top three QBs were all keepers from last year. Guys might not be willing to trade them so easily.

CanadianChief
10-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Also this same owner has A. Johnson as his 2nd WR. Is it too much to ask for A. Johnson and McFadden for Megatron and Best in a counter offer?

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 12:09 PM
do you trust Andre coming off of that injury? Or will it linger all year long?

I agree Best is a sell high candidate right now...

but I also think you should be more worried about QB than RB...Eli is another 'sell high' kind of guy, he's not going to keep putting up the miracle numbers he's putting up.

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 12:11 PM
basically, I think you roll with what you have...why trade the #1 WR who can have a 12 year career for a #2 or #3 back (McFadden) who can have a 5 year career?

and perhaps with the emergence of Stafford and the defense having to focus on the passing game and Calvin Johnson those huge holes for Best will keep being there at out of that shotgun draw set.

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 12:12 PM
now if you could start 2 RB's I'd totally do Bowe and McFadden for Calvin if you had a shitty RB2...

but still...no. Calvin gets you what? At worst this year 15 points per game? Most of the time 20 or 25?

Not worth a minor upgrade from Best to McFadden for a big downgrade from Johnson to Bowe (and Bowe has been hot but he's also faced some of the worst pass defenses in the NFL the last two weeks)

sedated
10-15-2011, 12:36 PM
The one RB thing, and the keeper thing (2 1st round players vs 1) makes that deal not worth it. Calvin is worth the 1st next year, the other 2 aren't.

MoreLemonPledge
10-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Calvin Johnson is without a doubt the fantasy MVP this year. Barring an injury, he will absolutely destroy even the 2nd place WR. He's on pace to best Randy Moss' record-breaking season long before this season ends.

In other words, don't trade him. You will NOT get equal value from any player.

CanadianChief
10-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks guys. I've rejected the trade offer. Don't wanna mess with what's working right now as I'm 8-2 and tied for 1st place. Just always looking to upgrade if the price is right.

Short Leash Hootie
10-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Calvin Johnson is without a doubt the fantasy MVP this year. Barring an injury, he will absolutely destroy even the 2nd place WR. He's on pace to best Randy Moss' record-breaking season long before this season ends.

In other words, don't trade him. You will NOT get equal value from any player.

I don't know, man.

Wes Welker is so far the better fantasy receiver...although I think Calvin does catch up in traditional, non PPR leagues.

MoreLemonPledge
10-17-2011, 12:46 AM
I don't know, man.

Wes Welker is so far the better fantasy receiver...although I think Calvin does catch up in traditional, non PPR leagues.

Megatron will catch up. I'd take him over any receiver right now.

Short Leash Hootie
10-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Megatron will catch up. I'd take him over any receiver right now.

Meh.

Perhaps. I hope so, I have him in plenty of leagues.

But he was getting triple coverage yesterday...and had zero red zone targets (while Pettigrew had about 9)

CanadianChief
10-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Meh.

Perhaps. I hope so, I have him in plenty of leagues.

But he was getting triple coverage yesterday...and had zero red zone targets (while Pettigrew had about 9)

I'm not sure what was up with that. Stafford usually just lobs it up for him a few times in the endzone even if he has the double coverage on him.

I'll take the off week of 18 points from Megatron.